• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: The Rising Sun.

ForeignKai

Sparky Sparky Boom Woman ✨
3f203f2a5ce6fea051f84e8aa819c3ac.png

50 years after the great war started by the Fire Nation. Peace has finally settled upon the four nations, Although tensions are still rather high. Many still don't trust the Firebenders, and a few extremist groups still exist in the Fire Nation that still hold themselves as the rightful rulers of all the kingdoms. Into this quiet yet intense tension comes a whole new nation of Benders from a faraway, undiscovered island; The Light Benders. At first, they seemed to be peaceful people, With a rich culture and a passion for learning. But eventually, Cunning generals and nobles began to learn more about the trauma that the war left behind, And began turning the nations against each other all over again. Now it is up to the next Avatar to unite all five nations and learn a whole new power that none of their predecessors even knew existed. With a whole new nation as a part of the cycle, though, there’s more uncertainty about the next Avatar’s location than ever: This time, the Avatar could truly be anyone.

Heyo! So this Roleplay will be run by myself and my bestie GlitterFist GlitterFist , First things first. This is more so an AU of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Except the war has ended. 50 Years have passed by with nothing but peace between the four nations. At-least for the most part aside from minor attacks and small groups forming planned missions...Until recently. Light Benders, An entirely new Empire of Benders with an Aztec-Warfare Fashion sprung out of nearly nowhere- The Light Benders were formerly a humble and trustworthy Empire ensuring only more peace throughout the world. Yet as time went by various nobles and generals caught onto Tlauilli (The Tribe of The Light Benders). Now an all out war has gone into full-drive all over again. In this Roleplay The Avatar, Alongside many benders, non-benders and nobles will be fighting to end the war whilst many will run it. Now..Despite being an AU There will be NO CANON Characters, Everyone will be an OC. Anyone can be any type of bender they like especially the new threat of Light Benders. The Ultimate Goal of this Roleplay would be to unite the five nations again or...Continue to hold them in havoc depending on what side you are on. Lastly, Truly anyone can be the Avatar..A wheel will be spun after we get a decent amount of people to join. Remember, This is your OC's story and Their Life. What path will they choose during such an extensive war? Certain roles will be limited, As in it's first come first serve!

RULES:

• The RP Site rules are always to be strictly followed, If you have not read them please do before entering this roleplay.
  • Please, Be Respectful. Were all here to Roleplay and simply have fun!
  • No GodModding, It can be a tad bit harder for a Roleplay such as Avatar considering bending comes in so many ways. But for an example- Winning every fight, Blocking all hits or Forcing Characters Actions in any shape, form or fashion is an automatic NOPE! Unless it's the owner's characters permission please do NOT GodMod.
  • If you have any ideas or thoughts/suggestions, Please feel free to notify myself or Glitter. We are always open to ideas!
  • Since Avatar is more of a Semi-Advanced RP, Please be familiar with the lore of the original series as it's harder to Roleplay properly without it.
  • Post Regularly, But please don't hesitate to notify us if you will/are busy, If you are inactive for too long we will assume you have quit.
  • If you are the Avatar, Please be wary when it comes to fighting...Be fair. It's okay to be a bit over-the-top due to the title but the GodModding rule still applies!
  • Feel free to insert any sub-bending into your character's abilities...BUT. There has to be a reason for it. Your character cannot be undefeatable- Even If you're the avatar.
Here's a link for the original Four Nations of Avatar, Down below will be all the information needed for the newfound Light Bending Nation!

https://avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Four_nations

LIGHT BENDING INFO:

For Clarification, Light Benders otherwise known as the Tlauilli Empire are the AU newfound benders, They are secretive benders who only seek help for themselves and their Empire. They are the reason a new war has begun between each nation. And the Avatar amongst many others has to try anything in their power to stop or continue this war. Meaning everyone is involved even in the smallest ways possible. Whether your character is a general of a nation to a simple cabbage merchant, Every job counts for the outcome of the war. The Light Benders are based on Aztecs and their culture, For the most part, Their place of origin is mainly Mexico therefore their cuisine is most likely original Mexican Recipies. Please search up Aztec history for a more broad explanation..Although it isn't needed. Mainly just their style and cuisine. The Light Benders are prideful and sneaky people. Often acting nice only to stab you in the back later on. When it comes to bending, Pretty much anything involving light...Light Benders can do. I will list some things.

Focusing Light into Laser Beams.
Bending light to see around corners or across great distances.
Projecting Holographic Illusions.
Drawing light away from an area, Causing complete darkness.
Like waterbenders they can pull power from the Sun but only on the hottest days, I will notify when.
Bending Light around themselves or someone else to turn invisible.

For more powerful and trained techniques, Light benders can blind someone whether temporarily or semi-permanently. Only this is after years of training and with permission or for lore or backstory.

Thank you for reading! Feel free to suggest anything, Ask questions or join us in this wonderful Roleplay!

Does this Roleplay have a linear plot, or is it more open ended? Also, one of the things that I always loved about the Avatar was its unqiue creatures. Is it possible to create new creatures for this Roleplay, and is it possible to make a character that is centered around being a beast-tamer/beast-rider? What limited roles are there?

Does this Roleplay have a linear plot, or is it more open ended? Also, one of the things that I always loved about the Avatar was its unqiue creatures. Is it possible to create new creatures for this Roleplay, and is it possible to make a character that is centered around being a beast-tamer/beast-rider? What limited roles are there?
I see no reason why there couldn’t be new creatures from the Lightbenders’ homeland that they brought along, and a beast tamer character is definitely possible, considering there was a character sort of like that in the show.

As for limited roles, there will obviously only be 1 Avatar, and we’d like to keep royal, noble, or high-ranking military characters at a minimum to get some variety in status.

Oh! Quick clarification also:
This will not be a Legend of Korra situation. Technology will be in basically the same place it was during The Last Airbender.

That's good, I do not like Korra at all. As for characters does a bender's proficiency matter? I do not particularly care for characters of noble status either so we should be fine in that regard.

That's good, I do not like Korra at all. As for characters does a bender's proficiency matter? I do not particularly care for characters of noble status either so we should be fine in that regard.
Good taste, I see. Proficiency will matter most in combat and may give a slight status boost.

Will there be anything that determines a bender's proficiency, or is that left up to the player to determine? I imagine you would not want a bunch of 10's running around.

Will there be anything that determines a bender's proficiency, or is that left up to the player to determine? I imagine you would not want a bunch of 10's running around.
It’s up to the player to decide their character’s proficiency, but we will have a limited number of extra powerful benders for fairness.

Alrighty, unless I find inspiration for another character I will most likely be creating a beast-tamer. I am unsure if I will give my character the ability to bend but if I do their proficiency would focus more on their ability to work with creatures rather than bending itself.

Alrighty, unless I find inspiration for another character I will most likely be creating a beast-tamer. I am unsure if I will give my character the ability to bend but if I do their proficiency would focus more on their ability to work with creatures rather than bending itself.
Sounds cool! They’ll definitely stand out from the rest.

Could you tell me more about the plot for the OCs? Will the characters be following a main quest like in the Avatar or will we be improvising our own arcs? I can do whatever but I just prefer linear Roleplays since open works gets messy.

Could you tell me more about the plot for the OCs? Will the characters be following a main quest like in the Avatar or will we be improvising our own arcs? I can do whatever but I just prefer linear Roleplays since open works gets messy.
We are planning a main quest for the Avatar and the people close to them, but character arcs and things will be up to the character’s creator.

That is fine then, I assume all the characters will tie in to the main plot somehow. I was just asking since I've had problems in the past where people will completely abandon the main arc and run off to do their own thing, and that's not really fun for anyone.

To be honest, I am excited for this Roleplay's concept. The Avatar was a big part of my childhood and probably where I got a lot of writing inspiration from. The journey was just so good and I was really sad when it ended. I've seen Avatar Roleplays before but they never really had literate descriptions, so I passed. I tend to be more of a literate writer, so hopefully that will not be a problem for anyone.

That is fine then, I assume all the characters will tie in to the main plot somehow. I was just asking since I've had problems in the past where people will completely abandon the main arc and run off to do their own thing, and that's not really fun for anyone.
I agree. We’ll be trying to keep things focused.

To be honest, I am excited for this Roleplay's concept. The Avatar was a big part of my childhood and probably where I got a lot of writing inspiration from. The journey was just so good and I was really sad when it ended. I've seen Avatar Roleplays before but they never really had literate descriptions, so I passed. I tend to be more of a literate writer, so hopefully that will not be a problem for anyone.
I’m honestly the same. I can ramble on for paragraphs describing a new setting if I’m allowed to.

I have an idea for how the beast-master character concept could work. I will most likely give my character two creatures to keep as pets, (Maybe three depending on the size of them) and for the rest I will give my character an artifact that allows them to temporarily charm nearby creatures. They would also just have natural experience with taming creatures and working with them of course. I will look at the list of Avatar's fauna and determine if I want to use original creatures or pre-existing creatures.

How long have the light-benders been around? I will probably use original creatures after looking at the current list of fauna, but since my character will not be from that nation I am unsure if they would have enough time to realistically acquire the new creatures.

How long have the light-benders been around? I will probably use original creatures after looking at the current list of fauna, but since my character will not be from that nation I am unsure if they would have enough time to realistically acquire the new creatures.

Not too long, Maybe a year and a half at most. Could you oc have acquired them at that time?

Maybe I could say my character purchased them from a shady merchant or bought them second-hand. Would light-benders have those or is that uncharacteristic of them?

Maybe I could say my character purchased them from a shady merchant or bought them second-hand. Would light-benders have those or is that uncharacteristic of them?

They definitely would have those, Considering their already a sneaky Empire. Trades or Purchases seem likely!

Alrighty, I assume for character sheets we'll be dealing with the basic stuff? I will try to get started on mine early, so is there anything special that I should know about?

Alrighty, I assume for character sheets we'll be dealing with the basic stuff? I will try to get started on mine early, so is there anything special that I should know about?

Aside from the basics, Sub-bending and proficiency will be added. We'll be monitoring how many make their oc's powerful and how many don't if one tips over the other we'll limit and balance it out somewhat. There will be more moderate/above moderate benders or non-benders than powerful ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back