• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar Roleplay (IC)

Characters
Here
Kayo raised a questioning brow at the woman when she leaned onto the table, and the questions she had in her head only increased in number when she said her next sentence.

Miyo didn't seem to have this problem. She gave a small look in the direction of the man, her grey eyes almost seeming to light up in excitement. "Aww, is he a secret admirer?" She asked, her voice quiet. "That's so cute!"

Kayo lazily looked in the man's direction, like she couldn't be bothered but begrudgingly did so anyway. She kept it short, so it hopefully wasn't that obvious. He certainly did seem to be keeping an eye on this woman. For the first time, more so out of intrigue than anything, Kayo actually said a few words. "Did you get on his bad side or something?" She said it more as a statement than a question.

After she spoke, an idea all of a sudden occurred to her.
"Oh," Kayo looked at the Water Tribe woman with what appeared to be an almost challenging look. "If you need someone to scare him off, we could do it."

A look of surprise surfaced on Miyo's face and stared at her sister with bewilderment. "What?!"

Kayo ignored her, keeping her focus on the woman. "But in exchange, you give us food. You seemed to get quite a bit of donations earlier, I'm sure you could put them to good use."

This guy didn't seem so intimidating. They've seen (and run) from worse. If this lady takes her up on the offer, this could at least get them something. If she doesn't..well, there's other options. Kayo will take what she can get at this point.

Ulva chuckled at the comment about being an admirer. "Heh... Something like that. Sadly, he is not my type, cant take the hint." She replied, thinking it was to say as such rather than explain the truth about the whole thing. "He tried to send some of his friends after me, he did not like how i send them back to him."

She raised an eyebrow in surprise when one of the girls suggested that the pair of them could scare of the potential mercenary. Certainly, their help would make things much easier as she didn't have to show of her bending or attracting the local authorities to her and her troupe. It would not be the first time she had troupe were kicked out of a good thing because of her and her fellows patients were running thin if her change of the performance didnt break it already.

Then again, these were young teens, would she really want to take advantage of them and lead them to danger? "You guys do know this guy is armed and likely a bender. You sure you want to face someone like him?" She asked curiously. "That would be forth a few coins but i dont want something to happen to you two."

"As long as the reward is good, then the risks are worth it." Kayo leaned her head against her palm. "We've faced plenty of challenges already. This isn't any different."

Kayo would just have to think of a way to catch him off guard..although, she supposed the sight of them alone should be enough to take him by surprise. Two young girls against some older guy, he probably wouldn't even see them as a threat, Kayo felt like she could bet on it. Still, creating some sort of strategy is always important. The two of them never went into any 'operation' blind..but doing so could be a first.

"Do you know anything at all about this guy?" Kayo asked, the words coming out in a more harsh way than intended. "Anything you know could be important." Most importantly being what element he bends, if he is a bender..but if he has a connection to her, then it's probably water. Kayo could almost laugh at that, if that were the case. Earth beats water any day. Although, Kayo didn't really intend for either of them to use their bending unless this guy is more of a challenge than expected, but even then it would only be used in what little, subtle ways they could get away with. Assuming their dealing with this guy around the ground..

"If we know a lot, then you'll probably never have to see him again!" Miyo chimed in, her initial surprise seeming to have worn off. "This isn't our first time dealing with bad guys, after all. My sis is really good at coming up with plans!"

"That's only because I knew what we were getting into, though.." Kayo muttered. But even if this woman knows next to nothing, they'd still take on this challenge. They have to, right? If she'll repay them for the trouble, then it's an opportunity they can't refuse.

If it comes down to it, I could just..come up with something in the moment.. Kayo thought. She'd just have to work extra hard to make sure nothing happens to Miyo.

~Karasu~The expectant mother took a deep breath as a frown formed on her face once she had started holding her back. Nonetheless, she was happy with the fact that Zolan was now fed. While it wasn't much, it was a start, because it wasn't good to eat too much right off the get-go, especially if you're used to smaller portions of food. Up next. She did however, relax a little when he acknowledged that being in each other's company was good and that sleeping in a bed was better then sleeping on the ground. Soon, out of the corner of her eye, she saw his look of concern while peering up from her swollen belly. When he offered to help her and took note of her being in pain, Karasu nodded before putting her arm around his shoulder, granted it was mostly to help keep her standing. "You're not wrong. Sadly, pain is something that is inherent with having a baby." She responded before taking a deep breath. "And I can't stand for too long. It's bad for my feet. Thankfully, my apartment is not too far from here..."

The pain in her stomach and her back soon subsided. But if she stood for any longer then the next thirty minutes, there would be more pain in her feet. "I hope you don't mind, but I'll be holding onto you until we get to my place and I have a place to sit down. If I fall, it can be very bad for my baby." She said as she looked towards the front door.

Despite feeling exhausted, Karasu did her best to keep her surroundings in check. From the man that ordered food in bulk and had a big dinner, then Ulva was speaking to the Earth Kingdom girls...and then there was that man in the corner that was still sitting in silence, likely observing each and every person in the room. Hopefully he would not follow her and Zolan out of the Tea Shop, because if he had any malicious or malevolent intentions, she may have to resort to her Firebending to protect not only Zolan, but the unborn baby in her belly as well. So far, she hasn't done any firebending while pregnant...and Karasu sincerely hoped that she wouldn't have to start, unsure if it would have any ill-effects on the baby or the pregnancy itself. For self-defense at the very least, Karasu did have some non-bending options. And as she preferred to keep a fair amount of distance between her and any potential enemies, Karasu kept a handful of Throwing Knives on her, as a Bow and Quiver was too heavy and she didn't currently feel all that comfortable bringing her sword or dagger.

With everything in mind, Karasu proceeded to head towards the front door of the Tea Shop, taking Zolan with her.
Interactions: Zolon Foxy-Miles Foxy-Miles
Nearby: Nikto @Mr.Laufeyson | Kayo & Miyo withinasapphire withinasapphire | Zensatsu @The Silent Z | Ulva ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Last edited:
Ulva raised an eyebrow at her the two girl reacted to here concerns about their safety. They certainly had confidence, and it couldn't help smile at it and feel better about using them to help her. However, was it genuine or the bravado of youth, she knew something about that and the trouble that can cause. Still she did not have any other option so what else could she do.

"Fine." She finally decided. "I cant be sure, but considering my part experience, he is likely a water tribe warrior turned warrior. Of course, he could be a water bender. " She explained before considering the matter further for a few seconds. "Good thing is he is likely hired more for his loyalty than his skill, so he might not be as tough so might be easier than feared." She reached for her coin purse and took out five coins. "Down payment. Get another five when you get the job done."

"You need anything from me?" She asked. "I can lead him somewhere." She offered.

withinasapphire withinasapphire

Kayo tried to control her expression when she saw the lady take out five coins, hoping she didn't seem too excited at the sight. For the briefest of seconds, she thought about making her pay in full now, rather than later. But Kayo pushed the idea down. Instead, she hastily grabbed the coins as if they'd disappear if she didn't move fast enough. "Hmph. Yeah, I'm holding you to that."

Miyo seemed to be considering the lady's suggestion. "Leading him someplace with hardly any people in it probably would be good, right?" She looked to Kayo, seemingly for confirmation.

Kayo nodded.
"Somewhere like that sounds good. Since you're his target, he'd probably go wherever you want, too." She glanced the lady's way. "If you can find a place with barely anyone around, except not completely empty, that could work."

Kayo knew from experience that no one likes to play hero, unless their someone with both stupidity and courage on their arsenal. People here like to play the role of bystanders more. They wouldn't intervene until it looked like the two of them were going to die, and by then it would be too late. But at least someone would come for them, assuming this lady didn't have much of a heart in her.

As long as this didn't turn into a big bending match, the area would be suitable. If this guy was smart, he probably wouldn't hurt them too bad if there was one or two people hanging around. Witnesses were never good to have.

"Say, if you wanna do us another favor," Kayo said as her brain was concocting the beginnings of a plan. "If you got any weapon that could be useful on you, hand it over. It would do us more good than you."

Miyo appeared to tense up a bit at her sister's words. But she didn't say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back