• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Avatar Legends - The Outlaws' Tale (CLOSED)

jaydude

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Intro​

Hey all. Looking for 3-6 people to get another game running for Avatar Legends, a Powered By The Apocalypse tabletop RPG set within the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you want to join in but are only familiar with one of the latter two things, don't worry! I've got a digital copy of the game's corebook, I'm massively familiar with the setting, and I'm happy to help newcomers however I can.

The Premise​

I haven't gone into a massive amount of detail here, largely because setting up a game in this system is meant to be a collaborative effort between the players and me, the GM. The fundamentals I have come up with are as follows:
  • This game will be set in the era of Avatar Kyoshi, a number of centuries before the events of either of the two shows, and shortly after the ending of The Shadow of Kyoshi (you don't need to be familiar with the novel for the sake of this game, which is intended to be as spoiler-free as I can make it). The Air Nomads are still around, Kyoshi Island has yet to be founded, and the Fire Nation does not yet have the coal/steam powered tech it did in AtlA.
  • The players are heroic daofei, professional criminals within the Earth Kingdom. Specifically, they're members of the Flying Opera Company, a criminal organization that fronts as both a theatrical troupe and a theatre company. Effectively under the command of Avatar Kyoshi, it focuses its attention on corrupt officials, other criminals, and anyone else who dares cause trouble for innocent people, taking them down while generating a nice profit along the way.
  • The game is intended to take place within the Earth Kingdom, whether that be the capital city of Ba Sing Se, or the continent as a whole. The specifics can be hashed out during character creation.
If interested, feel free to either post below or PM me.

EDIT: I went ahead and attached the character sheets for the core playbooks to this post, to help people new to this with their characters.

(Tagging in Random Word Random Word and solyrflair solyrflair , since they both expressed interest in taking part in my other game for this system.)

Attachments

• Core Playbooks.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Oh, I like this premise! This sounds fun. I'm in.
Welcome aboard. I went ahead and attached sheets detailing the game's base playbooks to the first post of this thread, to help you with brainstorming your character.

Can I ask what the time will be that you will do this? I am interested, but I have a weird time zone

It'll be play-by-post, so everyone can post whenever they're ready or able.
Oh! Awesome! I am in then! I have been waiting for a table top game I was interested in. Been watching diligently, but every time I respond to one it never goes anywhere :/

Oh! Awesome! I am in then! I have been waiting for a table top game I was interested in. Been watching diligently, but every time I respond to one it never goes anywhere :/
Welcome aboard. Quick question; how familiar are you with this game system and/or this fandom? There's no requirement; it'll just make it easier for me to figure out how much guidance you'll need.

Welcome aboard. Quick question; how familiar are you with this game system and/or this fandom? There's no requirement; it'll just make it easier for me to figure out how much guidance you'll need.
I know a lot about the fandom, but not aware of the system (though I have seen it). I have played other systems and made my own, so I am pretty good at learning it all.

Intrigued! I always was interested in doing a dice thing for Avatar for once! but I do want to know a few things

Are there any posting requirements (such as once in a week or x number of paragraphs as an example) or any predictions as to posting times or is it pretty much up to the players?
Also, how would this be played? As in, via voice chat or simply just here in the site?

Intrigued! I always was interested in doing a dice thing for Avatar for once! but I do want to know a few things

Are there any posting requirements (such as once in a week or x number of paragraphs as an example) or any predictions as to posting times or is it pretty much up to the players?
Also, how would this be played? As in, via voice chat or simply just here in the site?
It would be play-by-post, on this site. Ideally I'd like around two posts a week, but I'm more than happy to make allowances and exceptions here if necessary.

Color my cabbages interested. I'm not familiar with the system, but I do love AtLA, especially before the tech-boom of LoK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back