• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Sesi glanced over at the others. Sensing a fight, they begin to adjust their clothing for easy movement and access to their water skin. The alabaster haired water bender glanced around inspecting the area, wishing there was some sort of larger source of water around.

“I get the impression that they also know where the entrance to the passage is. I do not suppose they will just let us through if we ask nicely? Can they be seduced? Bought off? Tickled to submission? Maybe promise they will not use fire in the fight? We are celebrities now right? If we give them our autographs will they let us through?”

Eonivar Eonivar Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon
(Just tagging to make sure you're all still getting stuff here)

Sesi glanced over at the others. Sensing a fight, they begin to adjust their clothing for easy movement and access to their water skin. The alabaster haired water bender glanced around inspecting the area, wishing there was some sort of larger source of water around.

“I get the impression that they also know where the entrance to the passage is. I do not suppose they will just let us through if we ask nicely? Can they be seduced? Bought off? Tickled to submission? Maybe promise they will not use fire in the fight? We are celebrities now right? If we give them our autographs will they let us through?”
"Novel ideas. Sadly, I don't think any of them would work." he replies, not unkindly. "I've heard the general cares a great deal for her husband and five kids though. Under other circumstances we might have been able to take them and use them as leverage to get past her...but I would say the time for that is long since past."

Indeed, if the perimeter is as solid as Gong made out, the three of you won't be able to move into another neighbourhood of the city without drawing the attention of the other guards. And with the start of evening, the festivities are starting to wind down, meaning the authorities will be able to direct more focus and manpower on the four of you.

As the seconds pass, Gong, Kouza and the accompanying guards move out of the way of the alley you four need to get through. They remain within the general vicinity however. If you move fast, all of you could likely get through it before they can cut you off, but they'd be hot on your heels afterward.

Clock:[X][X][X][_] (Evening)
Zaran
Fatigue: [_][_][_][_][_]

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Tradition - (_)-(_)-(_)-{B}-(_)-(_)-(_) - Progress

Sesi

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Forgiveness - (_)-(_)-(_)-{B}-(_)-(_)-(_) - Action
Yuza
Fatigue: [X][_][_][_][_]

Conditions: (All start unmarked)
Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
Balance:
Control - (_)-(B)-(_)-{_}-(X)-(X)-(X) - Connection

Last edited:
Sesi's face hardened in cold anger at the Fire Sages comment. "Why is kidnapping and hostage taking even an option? Your own people have been using those same tactics against the water tribes since the war began. Your own soldiers held my family hostage until all the water benders in my tribe were given up. My mother and father refused and fought and died for my freedom. I refuse to lower myself to the level of kidnappers and hostage takers. I would rather fight." Sesi's fists balled in anger. One could almost feel a wave of cold come from the water bender.

They watched as the guards moved out of the alleyway. "Maybe they do not realize the fountain is the entrance after all. Quick, let's go before they come back with more!"

Sesi proceeded to run towards the alleyway, glancing back to make sure their friends follow, and yet prepared to defend themselves if they run into any opposition.

Zaran nods bolting for the gap alongside Sesi. He is prepared to turn and raise another wall of fire to delay pursuit long enough for his two companions to operate the fountain's mechanism with some degree of obscurity.

Yuza gives the Sage a curious and appraising glance. Full of surprises, that one. She takes her place behind Zaran as they dash across the intersection head on a swivel for threats. To Sesi she replies, distractedly, almost as an afterthought, "You won't have to. My hands were made to be soot-stained, so others can know only the touch of blood sanctified by honour. To defeat your enemy without people like me requires overwhelming strength. I sincerely hope your people have it. If you don't, well, you won't notice us anyway, so sleep easy."

Shouts can be heard from Gong and Kouza, but even with the three of you having to drag Niuan along, they're unable to stop you from getting into the alleyway. Zaran breathing up another wall of flame buys you a few precious seconds to get some distance between them.

[ Rykon Rykon Zaran will need to mark another condition if he wants to use Wall of Fiery Breath again.]

As the four of you run down the alley, you see that there are no side alleys, turnoffs, doorways or anything else you can use to disappear out of it. Assuming that Gong, Kouza and the guards are able to follow you, they'll be able to tell where you've gone simply by virtue of you having no other options on where to go. It's the dragon fountain or bust.

Fortunately the alley is a short one, and as you round a corner, you see the empty dragon fountain sitting right at the end of it, exactly as Rini said. From there, it's little trouble for you to use your knives; the opening mechanism's the exact same as the one you got past in the Dragonbone Catacombs, after all.

The fountain rumbles, and then via what's presumably some unseen mechanism, separates into two pieces split roughly down the middle. The two halves of the fountain then slide to the left and right, revealing a tunnel more than large enough for a fully-laden komodo rhino to pass through. Unsurprising, considering that this secret passage is said to be used for smuggling.

"This way! They couldn't have gone anywhere else!" Gong shouts from nearby, before the four of you hear a load of steadily loudening footsteps coming from around the corner.

Zaran

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Resources: 1 (Cold Hard Cash)

Sesi

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Yuza

Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
Balance:

Last edited:
Sesi helps everyone down into the tunnel and tries to find a way to close it, and then scurries down the tunnel.

Niuan joins Sesi in looking for a way to close the passage; between the two of them, they find a lever that, when pushed up, causes the fountain to start closing up again. Unfortunately, Gong, Kouza and the other guards round the alleyway corner and see it before it can do so; thankfully none of them are fast enough to get through the passage before it closes.

With no other option, the four of you proceed down the tunnel, Zaran, Yuza and Niuan lighting the way with handheld flames.

The four of you are within the tunnel, with Gong, Kouza and the guards separated from you by the fountain. How do you wish to proceed from here?
  1. Trust in the integrity of the fountain and take a somewhat slow pace. This will allow you to talk with each other, and perhaps remove conditions as you travel down the tunnel.
  2. Take no chances and take a hurried pace. You won't burn fatigue, but you won't have the energy for conversation either.
  3. Something that I haven't suggested.

Zaran

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]

Balance:

Sesi

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]

Balance:
Yuza

Afraid [_]
Angry [_]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [_]
Troubled [_]
Balance:

As the four of you move through the tunnel, Niuan drops back to walk beside the lone Waterbender of the group.

"Are you alright, Sesi? I've noticed that you've been tense for a while." he says, his face taking on a worried expression as he looks at them. There's genuine concern for their wellbeing there, but he also seems to fear that Sesi will see it as an excuse to snap at him. He's not foolish enough to have failed to notice how most of Sesi's mood seems to have been influenced by certain moments in the time since the group's departure from the prison.

Zaran

Conditions:
Afraid [_]
Angry [X]
Guilty [_]
Insecure [X]
Troubled [_]

Balance: