• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah sorry, I really cannot do much until I am done with work today. It will be a few hours at least.

I wonder if this failure would cause the Fire Bender guard to try to shift Sesi's balance, since Sesi balances between Action and Forgiveness. Just a thought.

One of Sesi's codes is "Never strike the first blow". The Fire Bender may drive them to action in conflict with this code.

Granted the codes and the balance are two separate things.

I wonder if this failure would cause the Fire Bender guard to try to shift Sesi's balance, since Sesi balances between Action and Forgiveness. Just a thought.

One of Sesi's codes is "Never strike the first blow". The Fire Bender may drive them to action in conflict with this code.

Granted the codes and the balance are two separate things.
I'll consider my options.

Hmm Sesi already had Angry marked, I will check the rules on what to do when you already have a condition marked.

Hmm Sesi already had Angry marked, I will check the rules on what to do when you already have a condition marked.
Did they? I only marked that condition because I didn't recall it getting marked earlier.

I think it was marked from the failed Your Rules Stink!, Then Yuza spent fatigue and it was unmarked again.
Oh that very well was the case. Ok, Sesi is good to go here then (other than being very angry).

Look what that mail brought me today!

Attachments

2 MB · Views: 2
Feels like we're at a bit of a stand off here. I had kinda been waiting for the ST to set up the combat round as I have no experience with this system or how it's supposed to flow.
OOC:
The only thing that makes sense to me here is to go with intimidation to draw hate. This should give Yuza and Sesi space to set up, analyze, etc.
Result is 10. I presume they attack us, but off balance and the best compliment as a second condition is that some run for backup?
Given that, I'm not sure how this will work.
Kouza and the other guards are backing down but keeping watch. If you attempt to run or take any kind of hostile act, they'll attack.
We're obviously not going to stop trying to leave, so this has to escalate to conflict or their unconditional retreat. Is this supposed to be us getting a surprise/free round? If so, I don't think either Zaran and, I presume, Yuza want to strike the first blow against family.

Feels like we're at a bit of a stand off here. I had kinda been waiting for the ST to set up the combat round as I have no experience with this system or how it's supposed to flow.
Ah, sorry. I'd been waiting for you to have Zaran reply to Yuza's question in the last post.

I think the general rule of thumb for this system is "you write your characters as doing whatever you want, I decide how the mechanics come into play". As an example for this case, the guards moving to detain you and someone choosing to resist arrest would trigger a combat exchange, which is basically a few seconds worth of fighting between both parties.

We're obviously not going to stop trying to leave, so this has to escalate to conflict or their unconditional retreat. Is this supposed to be us getting a surprise/free round?
In terms of mechanics, no. It basically means your Intimidate move worked, and I subsequently decided not to have Kouza and the guards attack you for the moment. You could certainly throw the first attack if you chose to do so, but this wouldn't give you any mechanical benefits here.

Hmm. Normally anyone who wants to participate in an exchange has to pick their approach - i.e how they essentially fight in it - prior to choosing their technique, but given how Rykon Rykon has already declared what technique he wants to use, and it's a mastered technique, and it'll essentially force Kouza and the guards to disengage from you all, I'll go ahead and skip the exchange steps and dice rolls.

Rykon Rykon , please mark one condition.

Err, but isn't this a narrow alley, one we were fleeing down because there were enemies behind us? Okay 😆 Let's see how this goes.

Either way, what happens next wasn't going to be terribly subtle. Zaran also has Jet Stepping, so traveling "up" shouldn't be a terribly difficult obstacle either.

Rykon Rykon , please mark one condition.
Angry is the only one that makes sense to me here. I'll mark that one.

Random Word Random Word
Do you want to come up with a contact for Yuza yourself? Or do you want to just give me some parameters and leave it in my hands?

I'm perfectly happy if Yuza just happens to have known the older brother of whatever canonical Fire Finch contact the adventure has laid out - whatever moves things forward. Even if she fails to find someone she knew but succeeds at contacting the Finches and thus progressing the story, that's fine. If it's useful to you to have her find a contact, that's fine too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back