• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hot damn, got an 11. From what I'm reading we mechanically acquire resources 3, and we can now determine how that plays out narratively, sound about right?
Indeed you may.

A nice overview of this game and combat recently released:

Sesi is having a Timon “What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the hula?” Moment
lion king dancer GIF

Last edited:
So sorry, I haven't had much free time lately. I'll try to find some time tonight to catch up. If I don't, yes, that sounds like a safe assumption, whatever is going on 😆 .

Yes, sorry for the short post. At work and typing on my phone is not exactly optimal. ;-)

Eonivar Eonivar Random Word Random Word Rykon Rykon
Should I assume that the three of you want to head down into the secret passage?
Yeah that's a safe bet. if we can seal the gate behind us it might delay them enough, but if they're this aware of it, maybe not.

[ Rykon Rykon Zaran will need to mark another condition if he wants to use Wall of Fiery Breath again.]
I've been meaning to take a look at the mechanical significance of each condition, sorry it's taken this long. I'll mark Insecure as this last complication this close to the finish line is building anxiety and anticipation.

Ok I deleted the thread in the ic place here is my question in the proper place

Question, and if you want me to post in game I can, are there pipes that run water to the fountain? Also, I would think Sesi would be able to sense of there was water in any of these pipes? I know the fountain is dry but there may be sealed off pipes with water in them.

If there was water I am considering having Sesi cause the water to burst out and “delay” their pursuit.

Yeah that's a safe bet. if we can seal the gate behind us it might delay them enough, but if they're this aware of it, maybe not.
Niuan and Sesi managed to close the gate, but weren't quite quick enough to do so before Gong, Kouza and the guards saw it. If the want to follow you, they'll have to blast their way through, which a skilled Firebender could likely do.

I've been meaning to take a look at the mechanical significance of each condition, sorry it's taken this long. I'll mark Insecure as this last complication this close to the finish line is building anxiety and anticipation.
Each condition gives a debuff to two moves, negatively affecting your chances when rolling one. Your conditions also essentially represent your health; if you mark all of them down and then have to mark another, you're taken out - KO'd, injured, distraught or trapped - for the remainder of the current scene.

Question, and if you want me to post in game I can, are there pipes that run water to the fountain? Also, I would think Sesi would be able to sense of there was water in any of these pipes? I know the fountain is dry but there may be sealed off pipes with water in them.

If there was water I am considering having Sesi cause the water to burst out and “delay” their pursuit.
There are pipes, but they're dry. You'll likely be able to find another source of water further on though.

The four of you are within the tunnel, with Gong, Kouza and the guards separated from you by the fountain. How do you wish to proceed from here?
  1. Trust in the integrity of the fountain and take a somewhat slow pace. This will allow you to talk with each other, and perhaps remove conditions as you travel down the tunnel.
  2. Take no chances and take a hurried pace. You won't burn fatigue, but you won't have the energy for conversation either.
  3. Something that I haven't suggested.
I know Sesi has been Angry for some time now and I would like to have that cleared before we get into a fight. That and option 1 would give us some RP time for OTHERS to use the Guidence and Comfort move on Sesi so they could clear a condition. Sesi is tense and kind of at their last straw. The only reason they have not attacked or initiated combat before was because one of their Ideals is "Never Strike the first blow".

[I know that Eonivar Eonivar has talked in the OOC thread about trying to get some of Sesi's conditions cleared with the help of their two companions. Since we haven't heard back from Random Word Random Word and Rykon Rykon about doing that, I'm going to go ahead and have Niuan try.

Eonivar Eonivar , since you probably know Sesi better than me and I don't have to roll for NPC's, I'll just ask here; what sort of things would Niuan have to say in order to clear each of Sesi's conditions?

jaydude jaydude if the others are too busy to continue, I think we might as well stop it here. The system is designed so the team would support each other. There may be a move Sesi could do that may result in a condition clear, I would have to look. But at this point I think we can just stop.

This was a good test. The key with PBtA is that you have the conversation/tell the story/RP until a move is triggered. It’s a very reactive system. And then you roll the move. The move determines if the players action works or if there are conditions to that actions or if the GM can make a hard move in reaction to the failure of that action. We told the story well but I do not think we called out the moves enough. Also there are a TON of moves in the Avatar RPG so that is that, I could not remember all of them. So yeah. And that advanced combat system...I am not so sure about it.

Anyway, that is my two cents. I do not really want to continue without the rest of the team.

It's cool. I get that we can't exactly play this game with just the two of us anyway. In any case, thanks for sticking around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back