• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Avatar Legends: The Forbidden Scroll Interest Check (CLOSED)

jaydude

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Intro​

Hey all. I'm planning on running a game of Avatar Legends - this time based off of the premade adventure that comes with the game's free quickstart - and looking for 3-5 people who don't mind letting me GM for them.

The Premise​

The night before a festival celebrating the anniversary of Fire Lord Ozai's coronation, Fire Sage Bai arrested several intruders - aka the PC's - trying to steal a historical scroll from the Dragonbone Catacombs in Royal Caldera City (also known as Hari Bulkan). These brave heroes hoped to save a bit of the undoctored Fire Nation history from Ozai’s wrath, but they now face a lifetime of incarceration! Luckily, an elderly Fire Sage, Niuan, has freed the heroes and given them the scroll they sought, promising to help them if they agree to smuggle him out of the city during their escape. But can Fire Sage Niuan be trusted? How will our heroes escape from the city? And what will Fire Sage Bai do when he realizes they have escaped with the scroll...and Niuan?

Other stuff​

• All playbooks from the quickstart, corebook and Wan Shi Tong's Adventure Guide supplement are available for use.
  • In terms of game length, I'm not planning to go any further than the PC's successfully handing off the scroll, or at least managing to safely escape the Fire Nation.
  • Each PC starts with TWO mastered techniques - as opposed to one mastered and one learned - alongside any additional ones from their playbook.

Let me know whether or not you're interested either here or in PM's.

Heya RP Nation! Incoming quick and shameless plug here! As a guy who has RPed with wonderful Jaydude at the wheel before, he runs a great game and he's fun and fair too - so what are you waiting for, Avatar fans? Dive in with Jaydude and have a blast! (If I wasn't at my gaming cap and if I had finished watching the series to avoid spoilers, I would be in here with you.) =) Have a great time, Jay & Co.!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

I meant the big pink Fandom tag that goes at the start of your thread title- not the sub-genre tags that show up when you click the thread.
Not at computer right now; will add when I get back home.

I meant the big pink Fandom tag that goes at the start of your thread title- not the sub-genre tags that show up when you click the thread.
I think you mean a prefix. And those don't appear to be an option in Dice interest checks.

Placing my interest but I will verify that interest when I get home. ❤ 🤍 💙
Whatever you go with, thanks for showing interest.

This definitely has my attention, but I don't have the books presently. If I can get my hands on them in a timely manner, I'd like to try and give it a shot if there's room.

Heh. So anyway, you thinking of joining in this game of mine?
Not familiar with the fandom or a fan of dice games, so I'll have to pass, but with a glowing recommendation like that from Sir Dannigan himself, I have no doubts you'll be recruiting some quality players~

This definitely has my attention, but I don't have the books presently. If I can get my hands on them in a timely manner, I'd like to try and give it a shot if there's room.
The quickstart - or at least an early version of it - is available for download here, and has six of the available playbooks. Otherwise, I will be making the corebook's play materials available to download on this post, seeing as they're fair use.

This appears more DnD esque which I am not comfortable with (my inability or time to learn it), so I will have to withdraw.
For what it's worth, this game's actually built off of the Powered By The Apocalypse framework. But if you're not familiar with that one either, that's fine.

Attachments

• Printable Play Materials (Moves and Exchanges).pdf
    312.4 KB · Views: 3
If there is room I would love to play!

Hmm it’s purge era, damn my favorite bender is an airbender…but I can find another type of character to play.

I was in on the Kickstarter and have all the rules and materials on pdf (hopefully the physical ones here soon…)

hmm, now I will need to dive back into the system. I sent a link to some friends of mine who also frequent this site and may be interested in joining us for this game.

I'm primarily interested in playing a Fire bender, but I genuinely like all of them.

I'll be reviewing what texts I can once I'm free this evening.

I technically don't frequent this site, but I saw a link Eonivar posted in a group chat and am certainly interested!
I have no experience with the Avatar Legends system but I do have the quickstart pdf and I also have some experience with a different PbtA-based system from the same publisher :D
I also want to say that it has been a while since I looked into the Avatar lore and stuff so my knowledge of the series may not be great ^^"

So I've got three people? Nice!

I'll get to work on setting up threads then.

Hmm, just giving a quick glance and review of the books and playbooks...at the moment I am looking at a weapon user/martial artist...maybe a member of the White Lotus...(Need to get back up on my Pai Sho ;)). This may change if I get a moment of inspiration.

Initial playbooks that interest me are the Guardian, the Piller, or the Razor (from the Wan Shi book). This is early and I am open to pretty playing anything but those concepts do interest me.

I'm reading over the character creation section of the quickstart and for now the Idealist and the Hammer playbooks speak to me the most. Probably going for an Earthbender? Not entirely sure yet, I am just trying to get some ideas :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back