• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
O-Ren feels a pang of sympathy for poor Smoochie's mouth, but right now there is no time to worry about that. She eyes the falling Fire Bender, and says, "I'm going after him! See you down there, cousin!" She doesn't hesitate, but instead jumps out of the large saddle, aiming for the water, hoping to be able to bend it around her to make for a more easy landing. Then it will be time to deal with the attackers.
This is going to be a push your luck move; you roll with Passion - which in your case gives you a -1 modifier to the result - and you'll always have to pay some kind of cost for such audacity (in this case a hit to your fatigue). On the other hand, if you roll 10 or more, your boldness will reward you with some lucky opportunity.

This is going to be a push your luck move; you roll with Passion - which in your case gives you a -1 modifier to the result - and you'll always have to pay some kind of cost for such audacity (in this case a hit to your fatigue). On the other hand, if you roll 10 or more, your boldness will reward you with some lucky opportunity.
So its a 2d6-1 roll, correct?

Okay, the Fire Nation Commander used his powers to both free himself and slow his descent. If he can do that in one turn, can Bamboo use Refresh on (I guess it's been voted her name is Smoochie) his Sky Bison, and fly down and grab O-Ren before she pancakes?

Okay, the Fire Nation Commander used his powers to both free himself and slow his descent. If he can do that in one turn, can Bamboo use Refresh on (I guess it's been voted her name is Smoochie) his Sky Bison, and fly down and grab O-Ren before she pancakes?
Ah. I didn't really consider the possibility that Bamboo might want to intervene.

If you and Psychie Psychie don't mind - and I'm only going to ask the two of you, since what's happening with O-Ren doesn't really concern the fight in the camp - I can edit my post so that O-Ren instead takes two conditions when she realizes she's missed the river and is going to smash hard into the unforgiving ground, before being caught by the diving save of Bamboo and Smoochie. After this, the two of you'll be able to engage Mako in your own combat exchange, if you so choose.

Bamboo won't be able to use his healing in this scenario though; that would take time that O-Ren doesn't really have, and Smoochie's not seriously impaired here, just a little in pain.

Last edited:
Also, just how far is this river from the battle? As far as I know, Firebenders have to use the Shoe Leather Express like normal people (unlike other Benders). My entire reason for nailing this guy was to take him out of the picture, so if he's far enough away, why engage him at all?

Also, just how far is this river from the battle? As far as I know, Firebenders have to use the Shoe Leather Express like normal people (unlike other Benders). My entire reason for nailing this guy was to take him out of the picture, so if he's far enough away, why engage him at all?
The river's right next to the camp, but even if Mako came out of the river on the same side, he'll still be all banged up from his landing and exhausted from having to swim in his armour, not to mention a good distance away from the breach in the camp walls. You can absolutely ignore him and treat him as effectively removed from the battle if you like.

The river's right next to the camp, but even if Mako came out of the river on the same side, he'll still be all banged up from his landing and exhausted from having to swim in his armour, not to mention a good distance away from the breach in the camp walls. You can absolutely ignore him and treat him as effectively removed from the battle if you like.
Great!

Team? What do you think?

Some of the Fire Nation soldiers are able to react and strike against Liu Bing, but others are taken off-guard by her attacks. The jabs and blows of her spear pierce through the weaker parts of their armour and send them staggering backwards into their comrades, causing confusion within their ranks and making it harder for them to maintain a co-ordinated fighting effort.
We can attack entire groups?

Suddenly, I am reminded of the video game series Dynasty Warriors (which I found fun - simple and mindless - and the merging of all three qualities made for good, memorable experiences.)

dynasty warriors success GIF

I put a Guilt condition on Bamboo's character sheet.
Okay. I'll update the stats in the main thread accordingly.

We can attack entire groups?

Suddenly, I am reminded of the video game series Dynasty Warriors (which I found fun - simple and mindless - and the merging of all three qualities made for good, memorable experiences.)

dynasty warriors success GIF
Yes, when appropriate. When gathered together in large numbers, Minor NPCs - who are generally just mooks/goons to be swatted aside by the PC's - are abstracted into a single Group NPC that has the stats (i.e. fatigue, number of conditions and balance levels) of a higher NPC tier (Either Major or Master).

Neat! I'm glad you're grasping the mechanics of this new system, Jay - Real Life has been so up and down with its twists and turns, I feel as though I am falling behind in my own Fantasy game, Sharseya. That's a temporary thing though. =)

Bamboo neither wants to see this Mako guy back in the battle nor does he want to see his lifeless corpse floating in the river. Being a scholar and not a mercenary or soldier, I get the feeling that Bamboo has never worn battle armor before.

This raises questions about what we are able to do and not do as Elemental Benders. I remember during Avatar: The Last Airbender where the Benders would do things with their Skills ("It's not magic." I love that!) to express themselves or do silly things. As a Waterbender, can Bamboo use his skills to push Mako to the opposite shore where he is safe but farther out of the fight?

Neat! I'm glad you're grasping the mechanics of this new system, Jay - Real Life has been so up and down with its twists and turns, I feel as though I am falling behind in my own Fantasy game, Sharseya. That's a temporary thing though. =)

Bamboo neither wants to see this Mako guy back in the battle nor does he want to see his lifeless corpse floating in the river. Being a scholar and not a mercenary or soldier, I get the feeling that Bamboo has never worn battle armor before.

This raises questions about what we are able to do and not do as Elemental Benders. I remember during Avatar: The Last Airbender where the Benders would do things with their Skills ("It's not magic." I love that!) to express themselves or do silly things. As a Waterbender, can Bamboo use his skills to push Mako to the opposite shore where he is safe but farther out of the fight?
Sure, once you fly close enough. You won't even have to roll for it, seeing as Mako's not exactly in any position to resist you, thus there's no way the move can really fail.

Oh! So our Characters can do things outside of their specific powers. I wasn't sure if Bamboo could really do much more than Refresh. Thanks! I'll post and repost if what I write isn't accurate? =)

jaydude jaydude The only Mako I know is the beloved Asian-American actor who played Uncle Iroh and passed away from throat cancer during Avatar: The Last Airbender, leaving behind one hell of an acting legacy matched only, perhaps, by James Hong (Lo Pan of Big Trouble and Little China).

What does this Mako character look like, please? I am hesitant to even Google the character's name for fear of spoilers. How old does he appear to be? Does he appear stern and unforgiving like Prince Zuko or warmer yet no less strong-of-heart as Uncle Iroh? Or something else entirely?

Oh! So our Characters can do things outside of their specific powers. I wasn't sure if Bamboo could really do much more than Refresh. Thanks! I'll post and repost if what I write isn't accurate? =)
Yeah. Your characters are generally pretty capable. Moreso than Minor NPC's at any rate.

What does this Mako character look like, please? I am hesitant to even Google the character's name for fear of spoilers. How old does he appear to be? Does he appear stern and unforgiving like Prince Zuko or warmer yet no less strong-of-heart as Uncle Iroh? Or something else entirely?
I'm not specifically basing the character off of anyone else with that name.

He can be assumed to be around middle-age (thirties or forties) - old enough to have a degree of experience but still young enough to be in decent shape. In terms of demeanour, he's usually stern, serious and disciplined - typical unsympathetic military man - and possessing of a distinct air of cruelty - this is the same guy who ordered Liu Bing to help wipe out a village of noncombatants and got uppity when she refused to do so.

Of course, given everything that's just happened to him at the hands of Bamboo and Smoochie, odds are he'll instead be all exhausted, shaken, humiliated and waterlogged right now. ;D

I'm not specifically basing the character off of anyone else with that name.
Okay! So... this is a third Mako as things go? The first is a Real Life human legend, the second is a canon Avatar character, and this is simply another character with the same name?

Of course, given everything that's just happened to him at the hands of Bamboo and Smoochie, odds are he'll instead be all exhausted, shaken, humiliated and waterlogged right now. ;D
Heh! Well... I think (if Bamboo's actions are successful) that while his chances at drowning will be greatly diminished, he'll need all that water because he'll be hotter under the collar than ever when he realizes where he's wound up! =)

That one word, "indeed," brings to my mind James Hong's splendid performance as the mystical and mysterious Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China! "Indeed!" Gosh, what a fun movie!

"indeed"

Thank you for the Well-written compliment! =)

I once used Big Trouble in Little China as the background story for a Vampire: The Masquerade game where I was Jack Burton, and the fuzzy monster in his truck at the end of the movie was a Chinese style Gangrel vamp that bit me. It was a fun game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back