• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Avatar Legends: The Northern War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
O-Ren looks out at the fight, trying to see the best place to join in the fighting to make the best difference in the battle. But from this high up, she is just not seeing anything that makes sense, and is getting lost in the chaos of the fighting. I wonder, is there any open water sources that I can use?
There's a river running close by the camp, which I added in anticipation of this exact situation. You can reach it with your bending from the closest parts of the camp walls.

Full disclosure here: Smoochie is the name of a great summonable "pet" my Rifts Palladium Character had - super good-hearted, super-loving, super-strong, and super-loyal. Also about as dumb as her kind comes, but with her lack of intelligence came a certain charm that never failed to tickle me (and I hope, my fellow RPers, when I RPed her). Psychie and Sherwood surely remember.

In that game, Sherwood let me RP both my main Character and Smoochie, but here? I'm not asking for anything like that. I just love the name and if it makes for big kisses from Bamboo's Sky Bison and more laughs, then so be it! =)

Full disclosure here: Smoochie is the name of a great summonable "pet" my Rifts Palladium Character had - super good-hearted, super-loving, super-strong, and super-loyal. Also about as dumb as her kind comes, but with her lack of intelligence came a certain charm that never failed to tickle me (and I hope, my fellow RPers, when I RPed her). Psychie and Sherwood surely remember.

In that game, Sherwood let me RP both my main Character and Smoochie, but here? I'm not asking for anything like that. I just love the name and if it makes for big kisses from Bamboo's Sky Bison and more laughs, then so be it! =)
As you wish.

Thanks, Jaydude!

And... not to drag this out, but as odd as this may sound, I'm not having fun unless everyone's having fun. If having a Sky Bison named Smoochie would mess with anyone's fun, I'll change it to something more... lore-friendly? Haven't heard from Psychie yet (and I'm wondering when Wandering Owl will be back and when D. will join us?).

Hmm. On second thought, I think I should really search myself and see what it is I want in a Sky Bison's name here.

This might seem like a trivial thing, but want to do right by this world and the people playing in it. Also, I need to do right by myself. Every time I see Bamboo's Sky Bison's name, it should make me think of something. A past character in another RP? I'm not sure if that's the way to go, so I'll just sleep on it and look in on any replies here.

See you later, friends! Have a good one! =)

So D. Rex D. Rex might not be around for a bit, and I haven't heard from Wandering Owl Wandering Owl for a while now. I'm thinking that we might as well continue this game without them, while giving them the opportunity to join in when/if either one feels up to it.

Purr Purr , you and Psychie Psychie were unable to get anything from your Assess moves. Do you want to fly your bison to a place where Han and Liu can jump the Fire Nation commander, or do something else? Remember that there is a river running by the camp, but I'm also writing under the assumption that Bamboo and O-Ren have full waterskins on them right now, so they'll be able to use their waterbending anyway.

jaydude jaydude Yes! Wanted to ask you (thought of this while neck-deep in Real Life this week while avoiding COVID-19 deniers so I don't catch it again and give to anyone else!):

Sherwood's Liu Bing is able to point out the Fire Nation commander. Can Bamboo ask his Sky Bison to fly down there and with those big, blunt teeth, yank the commander out of the fight?

jaydude jaydude Yes! Wanted to ask you (thought of this while neck-deep in Real Life this week while avoiding COVID-19 deniers so I don't catch it again and give to anyone else!):

Sherwood's Liu Bing is able to point out the Fire Nation commander. Can Bamboo ask his Sky Bison to fly down there and with those big, blunt teeth, yank the commander out of the fight?
Heh, go for it. It'll be a rely on your skills and training roll.

You going to write your Sky Bison trying it and have me write up the result, or shall I write out the whole thing?

Apologies for not addressing this sooner. You absolutely can have a flying bison named Smoochie. It wouldn't be out of place; Legend of Korra has a number of flying bison with English-sounding names (Pepper, Lefty and Juicy) and there's even one named Oogi (a reference to an in-universe term for mushy romantic stuff).

Apologies for not addressing this sooner. You absolutely can have a flying bison named Smoochie.
Oh! Jay, I was under the impression you were all for it when you said the famous line from The Princess Bride!

As you wish.
=)

I am still awaiting two things:

1. (which comes in two parts)
Thanks, Jaydude!

And... not to drag this out, but as odd as this may sound, I'm not having fun unless everyone's having fun. If having a Sky Bison named Smoochie would mess with anyone's fun, I'll change it to something more... lore-friendly? Haven't heard from Psychie yet (and I'm wondering when Wandering Owl will be back and when D. will join us?).
Psychie Psychie ! I don't know if having such a name would mess with your immersion here in this time period of the game and I honestly don't know if I want a Sky Bison named directly after a Character I no longer play (at first, it seemed like a solid hit! But, as usual, the more deeply I think about things, the broader the questions often get).

2. I honestly don't know enough about Sky Bisons or the the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender or... (and possibly most-importantly) the Sky Bison herself! For those of you who have pets, how did your pets come by their names? While I think we have enough of the Asian atmosphere to keep us grounded in the game's world, I would like to find something that contributes to that while also telling something about the Sky Bison herself.

Smoochie was a fantastic Character! I'll let Sherwood and Psychie add in any of their feelings towards that crazy and super-loyal Anti-Monster. But I can't play the Smoochie I know as a Sky Bison in this game. Therefore, I have the opportunity to create yet another Character (which hopefully you'll find fun too!). However, I am limited by my understanding of the world and (now that I think of it) just what Jaydude wants the Sky Bison to be and do. By this, I mean I've never been in one of Jay's games before. In Sherwood's game, he literally had no problem with me roleplaying both my main character (Gradicus the Tattooed Undead Slayer) and his summonable Anti-Monster (Smoochie). In this game, my experience is telling me that I am playing Bamboo only (as Jaydude has not alluded to any other methods - which is fine by me!).

Whatever I decide, it's much more than just a name. =)

Oh, and I'm also creating a new martial art system for our Palladium game while being kind of up in the air in Sharseya (as I meant to introduce Sil's Character, but Real Life has him out for awhile so "now what?") and I'm enjoying other games too.

Rambling! Yet another fine quality folks with ADHD are great at! Wheee! =)

Naming your bison Smoochie is fine with me. Thank you for considering the impact on the other players with the name change.

Well, yeah! It's your game too!

I don't know if Smoochie is the right name, but... if there's a better name for Bamboo's Bison, I'll find it! =)

As the commander turns at the sound of the roar, and his expression turns to abject shock, Liu is able to recognize him as Mako,
This is the canon Character I haven't met yet? I don't want any details about him - just want to make sure it's not another Character of the same name.

This is the canon Character I haven't met yet? I don't want any details about him - just want to make sure it's not another Character of the same name.
He's the same one from Liu Bing's backstory, yes.

(There's a Mako in Liu Bing's backstory?) Okies! Thanks for clarifying. =)

jaydude jaydude
You have two choices:
  1. Mark 1-fatigue to yank hard on the reins and pull up before the two soldiers can cling onto your ride.
  2. Do nothing. The two soldiers grab onto your bison's tail and climb up towards the saddle, allowing them to engage the PC's in a combat exchange.

Is there an Option #3? Have Bamboo's Sky Bison violently flick that tail like Appa does when he's using his air powers (and sending people and non-bolted-down-things behind him flying)?

Is there an Option #3? Have Bamboo's Sky Bison violently flick that tail like Appa does when he's using his air powers (and sending people and non-bolted-down-things behind him flying)?
Yeah, but it wouldn't make much difference mechanically speaking. The way rely on your skills and training works is that if you succeed with a roll of less than 10, you do what you wanted, but I get to add a possible complication that you can either choose to accept, or mark one fatigue to avoid it. In this case, your proposed tail flick would be the alternative to my complication.

I guess goodbye Fatigue to avoid it then! Thanks for explaining. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back