• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Avatar Legends: Ash & Steel (CLOSED)

jaydude

Five Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Yo. I decided it was time to have another try at running an Avatar Legends game here. Looking for 3-5 players.

Adventure Summary​

The player characters have tasked with providing security for Onomu, a Fire Nation defector who is offering war plans stolen from Fire Lord Ozai’s palace to Grand Secretariat Long Feng in exchange for asylum in Ba Sing Se. However, a hero’s job is never easy, and a few obstacles stand in their way. The Armadillo-Bears, a group of Earth Kingdom rebels, heard Onomu is in the Earth Kingdom and want to capture her. If that wasn’t enough to worry about, the Rough Rhinos also have orders to capture (or kill) the defector and destroy the war plans at all costs! Meanwhile, from the shadows, Long Feng moves his pieces across the Pai Sho table, benefiting greatly from the chaos…Can the heroes get the plans to safety and save Onomu’s life before it’s too late?

The premise of this adventure sets the players up for a fun chase through the Earth Kingdom with various factions on their tails. They’ve been tasked by Long Feng to reach a garrison outpost of Earth Kingdom soldiers outside of Ba Sing Se with the war plans; everything else surrounding the deeper issues of this adventure, like what to do with Onomu, is left up to the players to decide.

Onomu was a prominent Fire Nation general in the Earth Kingdom, and her defection has become something of a legend in the colonies. Onomu was called to a war council with the Fire Lord, and during the meeting, her ego got the better of her. After a few terse words with the leader of the Fire Nation, her life was in danger. The only thing Onomu could do was flee, and on her way out, she stole Fire Nation war plans as leverage for asylum from Long Feng—if she makes it to Ba Sing Se. This is an issue for a multitude of reasons:
  • Onomu is conspicuous in the Earth Kingdom thanks to her former rank and position. The players must make sure she remains hidden, or it could cause real trouble for her escape. The meat of the action will come from the players sneaking through towns and dodging either the Armadillo-Bears or the Rough Rhinos.
  • Onomu is an embarrassment to Ozai because she eluded the Fire Lord’s grasp and escaped the Fire Nation proper. Ozai wants her dealt with quickly and quietly. The Rough Rhinos were recruited because they are brutally effective and loyal to him.
  • There's one more big thing, but that might be telling...
This adventure confronts the players with decisions about a few issues and moral quandaries. Onomu is in the early days of her defection, and so far, she seems mostly to have defected for survival—can she truly be redeemed for her crimes? Everyone wants Onomu dead—can the heroes get her to safety, and where is truly safe? If they get the plans to Long Feng, he will give them something they want—but how much will they sacrifice to get it?

(This summary explains the adventure’s conflict under the assumption that the PCs want to bring the war plans to Ba Sing Se.)

Last edited:
Both these concepts sound interesting. Just one thing to keep in mind though is that your characters will have been in contact with Long Feng - or at least his various agents - to some degree prior to getting this mission. With that being the case, there are a couple of questions to consider:
  • What noteworthy deed did your group perform in the fight against the Fire Nation to attract the attention of Long Feng?
  • What did Long Feng offer you in exchange for delivering Onomu and the war plans to Ba Sing Se?
  • (for each player) Why are you specifically committed to seeing this mission through?

This is what I get for getting the book out and reading it…

jaydude jaydude if chose a firebender with the Guardian playbook, would I be able to designate Onomu as my character’s ward?

Afraid not. Your ward would have to be a PC at the start.
Ah ok, that is what I figured. No worries. Still on Pillar at the moment but that may change if I get a better idea.

Consider me interested. not only that consider me invested, albeit it will take me a bit to figure out the character since I have to find the avatar legends playbook and it will take a bit.
I seriously need to sort everything in my PC and cloud so I can search for stuff easier.

Last edited:
Consider me interested. not only that consider me invested, albeit it will take me a bit to figure out the character since i have to find the avatar legends playbook and it will take a bit.
Welcome, if you have any questions let us know. jaydude jaydude and I both have the books and this is our second go-round for this game as a play by post for Jay as a GM and myself as a player. (Although I am considering trying to run this here after this game.)

It is my second time with the system, albeit it will be my first time actually making the character from scratch and not using a premade one.
Im gonna ask just in case but are we allowed to use Wan Shi Tong's Adventure Guide?

Oh and you can download a copy of the playbooks at the bottom of the Magpie page:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back