• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: Divergence of Light and Dark

I'd be down to join the dark avatar too. I guess it's about which party would be able to use her more effectively.
Well, you are in luck. I'm the Dark Avatar, and I plan on making her tech-based. Kind of like Batman.

Though I am also planning on making her an Airbender, and I'm not sure Airbenders will be the type to embrace modern technology.

This looks like a great story line! First great one I've seen yet on here for Avatar!!

I was thinking of maybe making a character who thinks that using technological enhancements might bring the downfall of the Avatar, and strictly bend the element she was born with.

Ooo, OrWangatan, I love this idea!! I might make my character feel this way too, or perhaps is part of a group that is trying to destroy the enhancements people use and that sort of thing, the group bent on them being evil or something. Depending on which group you go with they could be a bunch of radicals who are trying to destroy the production of the enhancements and find a way to turn them against people so they'll stop using them, or a more peace mission sort of group, like the firebenders sworn to protect Avatar Roku, trying to stop the abuse of this stuff and go with the Avatar to stop it from destroying them.

Dragon Slayer Arcos Dragon Slayer Arcos , would your incarnation of the avatar have regained their connection with the old avatars? Since the connection was severed when Rava was ripped away by Vaatu, and he reformed within the previous earth bending avatar and released when he died via this cosmic event, the old connection to the avatars past could have been restored alongside Vaatu pretty logically. Especially considering it was a cosmic catalyst. If you'd be down for that I would totally love to play the past Avatars to your new firebender whenever they would pop up for them/when they would connect with their past lives? :D

Oh, this seems interesting. I assume that since the two avatars are born out of the two opposite sides, it would mean that they would have to fight? Like, Dark Avatar - as per inherently evil traits - would wish destruction upon something and the Light Avatar would stop them?

In any case, I'm probably going to make a Waterbender [master maybe] who focused in just waterbending and pushes to master all the sub-categories. Is bloodbending still very much illegal at this age?

Its funny cuz I want to do exactly 2hat u did AI lol. Cept I'll go for fire. Maybe earth. Dont see many of either earth or air

It's weird man. The most respected benders are the least popular. Like do you understand what I could do with a boulder lmao.

Oh, this seems interesting. I assume that since the two avatars are born out of the two opposite sides, it would mean that they would have to fight? Like, Dark Avatar - as per inherently evil traits - would wish destruction upon something and the Light Avatar would stop them?

In any case, I'm probably going to make a Waterbender [master maybe] who focused in just waterbending and pushes to master all the sub-categories. Is bloodbending still very much illegal at this age?
I am planning on having the Dark Avatar being a little more 3D than just a girl who wishes to destroy shit. That's the reason why I like the label "dark" avatar rather than evil avatar. I am planning on making her an Airbender, because the idea of a violent Airbender is too good to pass up. While I will make her as 3-dimenional as possible, I will say that she is prone to chaos and violence due to her connection to Vaato.

I am planning on having the Dark Avatar being a little more 3D than just a girl who wishes to destroy shit. That's the reason why I like the label "dark" avatar rather than evil avatar. I am planning on making her an Airbender, because the idea of a violent Airbender is too good to pass up. While I will make her as 3-dimenional as possible, I will say that she is prone to chaos and violence due to her connection to Vaato.
Well naturally. If you read carefully into the lore, neither of those beings are necessarily "good" or "evil". Even the light spirit is "peace" and "order". That doesnt mean benevolence. So by all means, it makes sense she isnt evil. Chaotic and crazy, sure.

It's weird man. The most respected benders are the least popular. Like do you understand what I could do with a boulder lmao.

Right? It's really weird that they're not a popular pick.

Ahh gotcha. Well then, I'm looking forward to it more then.

So do you guys want realistic faceclaims, digital faceclaims, or anime faceclaims?

I am partial to realistic faceclaims considering a live-action version of the Last Airbender is going to be on Netflex soon.

So do you guys want realistic faceclaims, digital faceclaims, or anime faceclaims?

I am partial to realistic faceclaims considering a live-action version of the Last Airbender is going to be on Netflex soon.
I try not to put live action and avatar in the same sentence. I get flashbacks.

Also, I'm partial to real or well drawn art. Not anime tho. Do not like anime FC

I'd probably have my hacker fire bender on the light team. I guess more of an information gathering, trap dismantling character. The one who'd sit in the white van and hack all the stuff out but would still be able to hold her own, and sometimes physically join the party on missions.

Well. somebody has to be on the dark team.

I'm feeling so lonely here people.

speaking of which. I've got the dark avatar lead but who is the light avatar?

also I don't suscribe to the idea that the light avatar is inherently "good" and the dark avatar is inherently "evil"

it's just that we have never seen an avatar become evil before so we just assume they can't be evil. And the dark avatar tried to kill the light avatar so we assume they are evil.

Well. somebody has to be on the dark team.

I'm feeling so lonely here people.

speaking of which. I've got the dark avatar lead but who is the light avatar?
The creator of the chat is the Light Avatar.

Also what would the age requirements for the characters?

ohhhh. You mean the GM?
Even then, I dont think dark avatar is evil. For ex. One of Aangs predecessors, the water avatar from the northern water tribe I think. He was the avatar but was completely indifferent to the woes of the world. He simply didnt really care and just followed his own flow. It also cost him the life of his lover. So, take that as you will

I just realized that there is a way for someone to notice if someone is the Light Avatar by way of the Avatar relics, but there is no way to tell if someone is the Dark Avatar. As the Dark Avatar is completely new. Which means no one would know the Dark Avatar even exists.

No, not at all, no one would know. Although maybe it would be obvious going into the avatar state the Dark Avatar would have the purplish red glow/aura that Unalaq had when Vaatu was attached to him. But that's obviously only in the Avatar state.

I might make my character in the Dark Avatar's group, especially since I'm thinking airbender. But it depends on if they're big on the technology and enhancements giving other bending powers to people things since I'm thinking of making my character an airbender trying to stop all that. Although peaceful generally, they're also really spiritual so that would bother someone whose really in touch with the airbending culture I'm guessing. Perhaps in the more chaotic way, like the Dark Avatar would be.

The Dark Avatar will be sort of an Anti-Aang of sorts. She will have all the qualities of Aang, charmistic, fun-loving, but will more prone to violence and choas. That's the reason why I made her an airbender because the contrast will be pheonomal. Also, she might use tech to serve her ends but wouldn't really need it to bend any element as she can already bend the elements.

So the age the requirements will be in the teens to the late twenties, just so that there isn't a master bender of 50+ years that can kick everyone's asses. Technology will be modern, though more advanced then ours slightly as they won't be doing plastic or fossil pollution.

For the dark avatar, if she is an airbender, that would also allow her to connect with Vaatu much faster than the light avatar, as air benders are naturally a spiritual people. Though speculations are correct, light and dark attributes do not define them completely! My character will be a firebender and definitely like Korra in her early stages, impatient, aggressive, and confident in his power.

I will be making a intro and cs page soon. But I have been coming up with blanks for the groups against the technological enchancements. Anyone wanna spout some ideas.

And again, speculations are correct, NO ONE will know of the dark avatar's existence. I plan for the opening post of my character to have his status announced to him and the world. However, if the dark avatar were to accidently bend water and someone saw... and lived to tell the tale... who knows!

So not even the dark avatar will know she is the dark avatar. Perfect. I can work with that.

I plan on using a realistic faceclaim though. I already have one in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back