• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Avatar: Divergence of Light and Dark

Dragon Slayer Arcos

End All Life; Embrace Silence
We all know Avatar Aang's legend, where he and he his friends saved the world and helped to restore balance to the world by ending the Hundred Year War. Through their lives, Aang and his friends accomplished many amazing things that would forever echo throughout history. Then, Korra began her adventures. She managed to change the world several times, but among her accomplishments was the legendary defeat of the immortal spirit of darkness and chaos himself, Vaatu.

Our story begins after the death of the Earth Incarnation. During his life, Avatar Lee was not very recognized for any extraordinary feats or efforts. During his life, a unique cosmic event took place that sped up the growth of darkness within him, and upon his death, Vaatu erupted from Raava. Because of the nature of his rebirth, Vaatu took on traits from Raava. He was forced to merge with an unborn human. Years later, these two people would usher in a new world. Two Avatars, for the very first time would exist. One of Darkness, one of Light. Storm clouds are beginning to gather on the horizon and chaos has begun its encroachment. What will happen to the world? Our story begins now.

Notes:

Both Avatars will be capable of bending the 4 elements, as well as variants at some point. Each Avatar will start with mastery of their native element, but no control over any others.
Due to technological advancement, Benders are able to bend 2 elements with the use of a Catalyst. Restrictions will apply.
Guns will not be permitted in the RP.
There will also be Bending Enhancers, granting augmented power to Benders. Restrictions will apply.

Hmmm. My interest is piqued. How advanced are we getting?

I would like to play the Dark Avatar, if not that, a bender in the Dark Avatar's party.

Okay now I have a lot of questions.

If this is right after the death of the Earth incarnation, then why would Vaatu wait years later instead of just merging right away

snakeg0dd snakeg0dd
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Yes, the current incarnation of Raava is Fire. However, Vaatu wouldn't have to follow the reincarnation cycle. So he could be any of the 4 elements.

Technology will be in the modern era, though I would hope for a more clean type of technology where plastics and world pollution aren't an issue :P

Regarding Vaatu waiting. The dynamics I plan to have in the RP are simple yet still canon-ish. Raava resides in the Avatar for 18+ years per tradition until the Avatar becomes aware of her/his status, and spiritually connects with her. However, because of her/his nature, the Avatar us inherently good. the same dynamic would apply to Vaatu, his avatar would be inherently evil, but he wouldn't be able to communicate with his host until they spiritually connect.

snakeg0dd snakeg0dd
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Yes, the current incarnation of Raava is Fire. However, Vaatu wouldn't have to follow the reincarnation cycle. So he could be any of the 4 elements.

Technology will be in the modern era, though I would hope for a more clean type of technology where plastics and world pollution aren't an issue :P

Regarding Vaatu waiting. The dynamics I plan to have in the RP are simple yet still canon-ish. Raava resides in the Avatar for 18+ years per tradition until the Avatar becomes aware of her/his status, and spiritually connects with her. However, because of her/his nature, the Avatar us inherently good. the same dynamic would apply to Vaatu, his avatar would be inherently evil, but he wouldn't be able to communicate with his host until they spiritually connect.
Very well. I would like to be Vaatu. I have an idea of an Evil Character.

I was thinking of maybe making a character who thinks that using technological enhancements might bring the downfall of the Avatar, and strictly bend the element she was born with.

Both are acceptable ideas for sure.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss to reserve for a lead role, can you post a couple paragraphs IC of you in a fight against a strong opponent? Post as naturally as you can, I am just trying to make sure our two styles mesh. Lead roles are important! :D

How far are we in the tech?

Will there be guns?

Social media?

Smartphones?

There will be guns in the world, however for the sake of the RP, players won't be permitted to use them. It's to difficult to fight against a gunslinger.
Social media will be present, as well as smart phones.

What sort of restrictions are we talking about?
First would be genetic. If both your parents are Earth Kingdom, you wouldn't be able to firebend. Dual bending will also be exhausting and require more mastery to use efficiently, like any bending art. There will be a few others.

There will be guns in the world, however for the sake of the RP, players won't be permitted to use them. It's to difficult to fight against a gunslinger.
Social media will be present, as well as smart phones.

First would be genetic. If both your parents are Earth Kingdom, you wouldn't be able to firebend. Dual bending will also be exhausting and require more mastery to use efficiently, like any bending art. There will be a few others.
So this is truly Avatar in the modern era. Social media, smartphones and everything.

If this is modern modern era Avatar, can I make a hacker fire bender? Preferring to only use fire, she would be able to channel lightning and just use her lighting as a power source for all her electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back