• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Original pitch and lore can be found here:

The original idea will be the standard adventure story, make a standard team avatar and have them work to bring the world to peace and stability by any means. However an idea has been put forward that was intriguing which is having rpers take charge of the waring nations and the factions within them. There is a lot of potential of political intrigue, diplomacy and war between the factions and nations, while still have to deal with wild card of the Team Avatar of the adventure portion of the story. Will you use Team Avatar to for your own goals or eliminate them or will you work with them for the sake of better world? Do you wish for are you doing what you believe is best for your nation or do you grave ultimate power?

Potential Factions to join:
United Earth Democratic State and The Earth Triumvirate: This is heavily inspired by the real life Spanish CIvil War for you history buffs. There is a lot of potential here of political faction: facist, monarchist, communist, democratic, anarchist, equalist or something new. Are you fighting for just the future of the Earth Nation or a world revolution.

Northern Water Tribes: This is more for the personalities and leaders but there is alot her for political based fuctions. Would you be a spiritual movement based on the worship of spirits? Will you try to to bring an other ideology to the snow of the north? Or are you a unionist, bring in Tonraq from the south and form a union within the water tribes?

Southern Water Tribe: Tonraq is still chef and though age, stress and loss has feebled him slightly he is still a fighter and one can do alot as him. Yet alot of factions see his weakness and may want to bounce at power. Or to you believe he is not doing enough against the fire nation or the air protactorate? Or should their be closer ties to the fire nations, partition the island and focus on the real enemie the Protectorate.

FIre Nation: Peace or war with the southern water tribe? Or do you want to bring a politcal ideology or you want to rekindle the old glory of the Hundred Years war and go for conquest. What would you do with the upstart air protectorate?

Air protectorate: No this is an interesting one. As Tashi you have just turned the air normads from a peacekeeping force to a superpower exercising influence in all other nations. Are you genuine in keeping the peace until the avatar returns by any means? Are you corrupt, turning a blind eye to other factions breaking the laws of your treaties for a shareof the profit? Or all this that had occured was the first step to your domination. Still not all are happy with Tashi rule, the united republics for one. As the remnant of the UR, you lost your indepadence dont you want it back? certainly you will have support from other nations. Or are you a more Traditionalist air nomad, disgusted by the changes Tashi brought, it is not true air nomad... Is it?

All names for leaders, apart from Tonraq as a canon character, which are used here or the original thread are placeholders and of course open to the claiments to change.

Last edited:
ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R I am curious to what you have in mind for a faction. Also if you can invite people, please do.
I was planning to do either the United Earth Democratic State or The Earth Triumvirate; you mentioned that they were based on the Spanish Civil War, I'm curious what the real life counterparts of each are.

I have been doing Quest Logs exclusively for a while now, so I don't know if I can find anyone interested in Nation Building, but I can give it a shot. I'll tag them here when I find them.

I was planning to do either the United Earth Democratic State or The Earth Triumvirate; you mentioned that they were based on the Spanish Civil War, I'm curious what the real life counterparts of each are.
Democratic state are Republican Spain with the Triumvirate being Nationalists Spain under Franco with Manik in the lore being based on Franco.

Democratic state are Republican Spain with the Triumvirate being Nationalists Spain under Franco with Manik in the lore being based on Franco.
Huh, I can see a lot of similarities with WWII in addition to the Earth Nation being similar to Spain. For example, the Fire Nation is trying to "rekindle the old glory" which could be either Germany trying to regain prestige or Italy trying to go back to the glory days of the Roman Empire. The Air Protectorate is an upstart power that could very well have been the US if they did not have an isolationist policy but rather an internationalist ideology like today. While the Water Nation is a declining power that is forced to juggle diplomacy with their allies, and the ever looming threat of invasion by their sworn enemies. (Anyone else see France trying to balance Britain's wishes with popular desire to punish Germany?) There is a lot of potential here for revisionist history with a fantasy twist!

Pat Pat Master Hand Master Hand Kersey Kersey greenhawk greenhawk
You guys are interested in NB, check this out

Huh, I can see a lot of similarities with WWII in addition to the Earth Nation being similar to Spain. For example, the Fire Nation is trying to "rekindle the old glory" which could be either Germany trying to regain prestige or Italy trying to go back to the glory days of the Roman Empire. The Air Protectorate is an upstart power that could very well have been the US if they did not have an isolationist policy but rather an internationalist ideology like today. While the Water Nation is a declining power that is forced to juggle diplomacy with their allies, and the ever looming threat of invasion by their sworn enemies. (Anyone else see France trying to balance Britain's wishes with popular desire to punish Germany?) There is a lot of potential here for revisionist history with a fantasy twist!

Pat Pat Master Hand Master Hand Kersey Kersey greenhawk greenhawk
You guys are interested in NB, check this out
I am history buff particularly early 20th century but admit that was purely accidental. I guess it influenced me more than I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back