• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avatar: A Collision of Spirits [Main]

a0ce8cb33a41200eb33fd6fb1c53ff21.jpgSenya
Senya was just about to go searching for the Water Tribe representatives when they returned to the group, bringing with them a delightfully suitable method for getting to their destination. The spirit had suggested that they would be the ones to deliver them onto their course, and Senya knew from experience that the Spirit world was not to be taken lightly. So the moment that Ryoko had offered her vessel for the group's mission, she gave her usual smile before clapping her hands together.

"Magnificent!" she'd declared before giving a small bow to her "Then I shall thank you for your patronage."

Of course, this exchange merely kept her attention off of Roos, who was not having a good time. Misinterpreting Fang's tackle for a full-scale assault, Roos immediately began scampering about attempting to evade him. Senya gave no indication of noticing his plight, even as he began flying in an attempt to escape. She merely followed behind Ryoko along with the others towards the ship, silently pondering things as she went. As they finally arrived at the ship, Senya looked it over with amused interest. Before she could comment on it, Roos saw his opportunity and quickly flew up into her robes for safety. Giving a small laugh at the way he scampered around her momentarily, she placed a hand over the lemur-sized lump now present under her clothes and scratched right where his head would be. Soon Roos seemed to relax somewhat and shift his position, almost to the point where his figure blended in perfectly amongst her clothes.

As they set off, Senya stood at the bow of the ship, keeping an eye on their direction at first before glancing back as the others adjusted. Upon hearing Yei voice her concerns over their captain's capabilities, Senya turned around fully and put a hand to her mouth to stifle a small laugh.

"I shall assume her sailing is unrivaled compared to one such as I." she said with a passive smile before glancing to Ryoko "But forgive me if my nerves keep me from relaxing too much."

As she said that, she stretched before placing a hand over her shoulder. Upon contact, a lump arose where she touched and soon Roos poked his head out of the collar of her clothing. She whispered to him under her breath, and in response he reached up and began poking at the side of her face. After a moment, Senya's eyes closed and she lowered her hands. Seeing this movement, Roos yawned before slipping back under her clothing once more.

It was at this point that Mai offered the group a sparring lesson, something which Senya tilted her head at before holding up a hand and giving an apologetic wave, "You must forgive me for declining at this moment, but I prefer knowing my partners before training in such a manner." she stated before glancing away "Knowing exactly who one raises their fists against is becoming more of a luxury as the days go by, after all."

Walking to the side of the ship, Senya sat against it before folding her legs under her and closing her eyes. Laying her hands gently upon her knees, she sat straight and gave a pleased little sigh before opening them again and running her gaze over the rest of the group. From face to face she looked before her gaze eventually settled back on Mai.

"So I'm afraid I must attempt to bond with you new allies of mine through a more traditional method of conversation." Senya shrugged, looking down at her hands while tracing her fingers along her knees "I've journeyed to many corners of the world, experienced numerous cultures time and time again, but such insight could only help me guess what your individual lives are like."

Jannah Jannah The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Lady Warlock Lady Warlock SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Lakota “Lake” of the Southern Water Tribe
Anything that put him on the water was something that made Lake happy so he was more than delighted to follow Royoko to her boat and climb on board. Only he didn’t just climb on board. Nope. Lake jumped into the water, waterbended a wave, and surfed his way high into the air until he fell graciously onto the deck of it with a big ol’ smile on his face. Some of it probably looked like a kid playing around with magic powers they’d only just discovered. It could also have been seen as a young boy overcompensating for his rather short stature. Alternatively, he could just be a young boy trying to prove himself to a team that seemed like it had much more experience than he did. The truth of the matter was that his motivation behind it was a small combination of all three potential explanations.

Once everyone was aboard, it became quickly apparent that Ryoko knew what she was doing on her ship and Lake could tell. Being from the Southern Water Tribe meant he had been on boats before; he’d seen ship captains who didn’t know a thing about sailing or about the water and he’d seen those who knew precisely what they were up to. Ryoko seemed far more like the latter than the former. “I’m pretty sure she knows what she’s doing,” Lake reassured Yei. “After all, she had to get it here all by herself and this wasn’t an easy place to find unless you knew how to navigate it.”

He glanced briefly at Ryoko, wondering if she appreciated his confidence in her. He hoped she did and he hoped that his confidence was worth something.

Then his attention shifted to Mai who was trying to start up a round of combat training right off the bat. While Lake normally would’ve leapt at an opportunity like that, he didn’t know what the rest of the group would think of him if he jumped straight into a fight so he hesitated and waited to hear others’ opinions.

Senya spoke up and made it clear she would not be joining in on the fighting and since she seemed like the wisest one there, Lake was more inclined to follow her lead. However, just talking could be so boring. There had to be something a little more fun than that.

“Oh oh oh!” he exclaimed, practically bouncing on his feet. “I wanna hear all of your adventure stories! Everyone here looks like they’ve been on an adventure of some kind already! We’ve gotta share ‘em, right!?” Well, everyone except himself, but Lake wasn’t including himself in this mention of ‘everyone.’ He found his attention turning to the giant man in the metal suit who still hadn’t shown his face. “And I nominate you to go first!”

Interacted With: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Jannah Jannah RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36
Everyone Around: CelticHero37 CelticHero37 SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Feng

“And I nominate you to go first!”

Of course. He should have seen this coming. The inquisitive nature of youth did not bode well for him, and he knew full well his demeanor did not help. He brought his eye level back down to the others on the boat, and faced his head towards the water tribe southerner. Another heavy, irritated exhale escaped his lips, still muffled under his helm, but one might sense his exasperation nonetheless. This was certainly a... difficult situation, to say the least. He wouldn't exactly call his actions "adventures". At least, he wouldn't put them into the same realm as to what the water tribe boy was probably wanting. But ultimately, he had an idea. One that could work out for his ease of comfort, and to satisfy... what was his name again? Lake. That's what it was. The armored man patted down the various pouches on himself, and took out a few things from his backpack he had set beside him. After a brief moment, he set aside a few jars and vials aside, and then proceeded to empty out their content onto a wrinkly sheet of tin foil he had brought out as well. Each substance was given a small area on the sheet for itself, in a horizontal line perpendicular of where Feng sat. Many of the substances were soapy gelatin, and some were powders of various grain sizes, some finer than others. Feng shook the tin sheet until the substances were barely touching each other, and then produced a match that he lit upon one of his metal bracers, and set the various substances ablaze right after. The result was... satisfactory. Each area of a different substance burned slowly, and offered a flame of a different colour. Red. Green. Blue. Purple. Yellow. Various in-between colours. Multiple colours in the same flame. A rainbow of flame. And then, in a voice like honeyed gravel and the crunching of wet stone, he spoke.

"When I was very young, I learned of the various substances that produce different coloured flames. Things from the earth, things similar to the air, and different kinds of liquids and oils not too far a cry from water. Each specific one has a unique fire it makes when set alight. Once, my mother took me to a festival in some small town in the Fire Nation. This was the kind of stuff they used, not only for fireworks, but for special torches so the benders there could bend with those colours, too. It's how I fell in love with the idea of fire. Plenty of people see it either as little more than a weapon or a tool. And it can be. But it can just as well be a painting without a canvas. Music that you can see but not hear. A science and an art....."

Feng trailed off into quietness. His body finally seemed to relaxed, for once, and he looked down as the multicoloured array of flame gently faded away. And when it all died, he neatly folded the tin sheet various times, and put it into his backpack.

"My name... is Feng."

Ryoko Raja
200px-Valkyrie_Accipiter_Chibi.png
Ryoko finished the sketch and looked at it with a smile. The distinguished lion turtle looked back at her with a stern brow. Tilting her head she flipped to the other page, where she had also drawn the spirit that appeared to them in a wave of water. It was strange to see such a sociable spirit. In her studies assisting the Chief Unalaq with his work on spirits she didn't expect them to be personable. Then again all she mainly did was transcriptions and drawings for the books. She honestly didn't have the heart or abilities to watch him work. It always made her feel uneasy to be around when they tried to calm a spirit. Once she even fainted. It was quite embarrassing if she had to admit it.

Feeling the tug of the current it brought her back to the task at hand and she adjusted to meet with the current. Sliding her sketchbook and pencil back into her pack and looked out at the others. She was glad to see the others were taking her request to relax. Watching each of them find their own corner of the boat.

About to speak up she smiled as Lake stood up for her. She gave him a nod of thanks before looking over to Yei. Running some calculations in her mind, she wasn't too sure where the other ship was heading. In earnest she was working more on faith and intuition than logic. "I know the seas quite well. It shouldn't take but a few days to reach the island. Though..." She began, the gears in her mind turning. "If we could make our own wind and currents, we should be able to cut that time down drastically by increasing our speed. It would have to be controlled otherwise the boat may break." She looked over to the water bender who was entranced in stories. Letting him have his moment, she looked to the air bender instead. "Zorzo. Do you mind giving us an extra push?" Ryoko asked as she let go of the helm, placed her backpack on her shoulders and went to the main sail, adjusting it to the front.

Tying the ropes tightly she looked over to him, "If we're going to do this you may want to hold onto something." Ryoko said, not fully able to hide her excitement. She didn't really have a story to tell so she would work on the boat instead.

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Jannah Jannah RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki CelticHero37 CelticHero37 SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV

Last edited:
Yei of the Fire Nation
As the boat continued swaying with the current Yei leaned back on the railings. Thanks to the insight of their captain she now knew that the trip was to take some time, a few days at least. It allowed for plenty of downtime, but most of all, it allowed time for socialization; getting to know the others. As evident so far they were a ragtag group, snatched up from all over the world for a single purpose. The various leaders trusted in them and their abilities, bender and non-bender alike, to some extent. For Yei in particular it was a source of pride. It was like wearing a massive badge of honour. Were the others just as enthusiastic as she was? It seemed there was only one way to find out and thankfully some were willing to open up, even if just to kill time on this journey.

Yei smiled at Lake as he spoke. "Adventure? Sure. I've already done plenty of travelling. I graduated from the academy at seventeen and then barely without a second thought I set out on my own. Eventually I settled down in Ba Sing Se and rarely looked back." She explained to the small boy. He was young so it was safe for her to infer that his experiences away from home were rather minimal. Yet, somebody obviously had confidence in him to feel comfortable sending him on such a potentially dangerous mission. Republic City was known to be hostile for any bender daring to set foot there. It was almost a shame too as the firebender had always wanted to see it for herself. Pro-bending in particular was a fascinating concept. Was there even a league elsewhere in the world or had the Equalists completely eliminated that too?

It was Senya's boasting of having travelled widely that was the next to capture Yei's attention. It formed many questions in the woman's head. Certainly it was natural that somebody so attuned to Air Nomad culture would set out to see the world. In their earliest days they had been known for a nomadic lifestyle, opting to aid those in need, before finally settling down in the temples. Unfortunately it had been precisely that which set the precedent for their eventual destruction. Sozin had been a powerful and ambitious man, long known as one of the greatest Fire Lords, but certainly he had also been ruthless. In his quest of imperialist conquest he had committed genocide, a period Yei knew to be a rather shameful part of her nation's past. She could only take some relief in knowing that the Fire Lords since Zuko had worked tirelessly to rehabilitate their nation's image in the eyes of the world.

"So you have travelled too? I suspected as much. Have you ever been to the Fire Nation?" She finally inquired, eyeing Senya with great curiosity. "I would imagine it is sensitive for you. For the Air Nomads, I mean." With a shrug she shifted her focus out towards the sea. It was surprisingly calm, much unlike the blazing inferno that would have served as the ultimate catalyst against the Air Temples. Each of the nations retained conflicting natures, yet now more than ever harmony had become possible. The hostilities of the past were truly extinguishing like a burning flame, a hope for the future.

And burning flame, or at least something resembling a burning flame, is a rather distinct scent she began to pick up in the air. She followed its source, finding herself face to face with the quiet helmeted man. Her eyes widened in awe as she took in the show consisting of brilliant flames shimmering in many colours of the rainbow. "That is...cool." She uttered. She did know of different chemicals burning rather distinctly from others, but it was much beyond anything a firebender was able to produce naturally. This man, whoever he was, evidently had a knack for producing artificial flames. Compensation for a lack of bending no doubt, and it carried a sort of beauty that she only rarely saw herself unless present at one of the Fire Nation's many summer festivals. It was almost reminiscent of the dragon's flame, the source of raw power - and life, carried by the original firebenders themselves.

Senyaa0ce8cb33a41200eb33fd6fb1c53ff21.jpg
As Senya got comfortable, she found Lake proving himself more useful than she could have ever hoped for. While his enthusiasm was charming, his blatant curiosity led him to question his fellow travelers. Senya would've offered similar questions on her own, but she found this much more preferable for a number of reasons. But despite how much she shared his curiosity, she found herself tilting her head at the wording of his request. Before she could focus on it too much, Yei proceeded to acquiesce to Lake's suggestion and offered some of her tale. When she was finished, she took note of Senya's previous claims of adventure. Yei asked if she ventured into the Fire Nation, noting its tumultuous past with the Air Nomads specifically.

Senya looked away with a humored sigh, "I have visited most corners of the world, friend." she said before something caught her eye. She was going to continue, but it seemed that their armored companion took Lake's nomination and ran with it. Once he produced a colorful flame, Senya found herself tilting her head as her smile widened at the sight. Though not revelling in awe like Yei, she made sure to give a small applause once the armored man introduced himself as Feng. Seems they had quite the chemist along for the ride, something which Senya appreciated greatly. Once Yei voiced her awe at his capability, Senya was eager to nod along.

"I must agree," she said with glee before gesturing to Feng "I hadn't taken you for a performative type, so consider me thoroughly impressed."

Raising a hand to her face, she watched as Ryoko passed by asking several benders to aid her in speeding their journey. Hearing that, Senya cast her humored gaze out over the waters. She tapped a finger against her cheek several times before giving a hum of thought.

"Compared to such colorful tales, I doubt mine could ever hold up." she shrugged before turning back to her companions "I sought out the Air Nomads seeking peace of mind in my younger days, and let's just say that finding it brought me a renewed vigor for life that I've held tightly ever since."

Lowering her hands, she closed her eyes and gave a small laugh, "This very vigor led me to set off across all corners of the land," she noted before tilting her head towards Yei "Even the Fire Nation, dear. I found myself at peace with our histories, even if not all can claim the same."

At that point her robe rustled a bit, Senya lifted a hand up to pet a snoozing Roos through her clothing, "Roos and I have had immeasurable fun traveling with others, evading bandits, enjoying the bounty of life with aplomb. But I can say for certain that this venture will top them all. I had been labeled as a Prodigy in the lifestyle of the Air Nomads for a while, but never expected it to make me a candidate for helping save the very world I wandered."

Lowering her hands again, Senya folded them before her shaking her head and looking to Lake, "My Apologies for not having much exciting to share."

Jannah Jannah The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye Lady Warlock Lady Warlock SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

It seemed no one was biting to her suggestion for a friendly fight, favouring to talk rather than learning about each other through fighting. She could not say she wasn't a little disappointed yet it she still gained what she wanted: to break the silent and get to know everyone, so she could not complain that much. As Feng began to talk she returned to the spot she had sat and listened curiously as everyone talked.

Feng surprised her quite a bit, with that intimidating appearance and voice, she could not help note a sense of awkwardness with the way he spoke. What exactly made her think that she was not sure, maybe the fact he paused before remembering to introduce himself. She had to admit it made her smirk a little and the pyrotechnic display was certainly impressive. The water bender manning the sail was interesting, she noted her mind work by the look in her eyes and the look of excitement at what to was to come. Mai saw an intelligent and fun woman under the official manner a girl after her own heart. The firebender was interesting, the Kyoshi Warrior, despite the end of the hundred years war and the change in politics in the fire nations, still held the fire nation with some suspicion and therefore anything taught about them was hardly flattering. She seemed nice though and firecracker though a little subdued at the moment. She found Senya a bit show offish with her experiences but Mai could not deny she wasn't curious to hear more however when she finally spoke the details were minimal.

"At least you all travelled. It is something i wished to do for a while." Mai finally spoke up seemingly a little embarrassed to say so. "This is the furthest away i have been from home since my family brought me to Koyshi Island from republic city. For me, travel to other nations was mostly through stories and books." She explained. "Oh for those who don't know. Which is likely most of you, I am Mai Lee and i am Koshi warrior and though only other exciting thing about me am granddaughter to Suki, the kyoshi warrior who helped Avatar Aang back in the Hundred Year War."

1592514626005.png
ZORZO
THE HAMMER
Zorzo glanced to Yei with a light shrug. "I'm not what I'd expect from an Airbender either." He felt the eyes of some of those gathered on him, and could probably figure out why. He wasn't the archetype of an airbender, and he didn't doubt a few of them were curious. They'd either ask questions or they wouldn't. Didn't make much difference to him. So, he simply sat back, and listened to the ongoing conversations.
All ongoing conversations were interrupted by the arrival of the spirit. Zorzo listened, although he gripped his sledgehammer tight, incase the thing attacked. Spirits were complicated, hard to understand. Hard work and violence were simple things, but the workings of spirits? Beyond him, and so he was wary of them. It spoke to them of their task, before fading away like the breeze itself, and only then did Zorzo ease up. He made his way down to the boat with the others, and took a stand beside the prow, looking out over the seas beyond. The idea of going right back to Republic City immediately didn't sit well with him. The false revolution had that place locked down solidly, getting in would be no easy feat.

He paused, distracted from his own thoughts by the kid asking for people's stories. Zorzo narrowed his eyes, already a bit annoyed by Lake. "Kid... I've got no stories you want to hear," Zorzo replied, with a hard look in his eyes. It was true, he had nothing positive to speak of. His life had been difficult, and there weren't any fun stories to tell of it. Besides that, Zorzo didn't like the kid much. Felt wrong he was here at all, much less his attitude. Didn't seem right, for someone about to go to war. Zorzo had never fought any big scale conflicts, but he'd fought for his life in the alleys of Republic City. It was no experience he wanted to think about much, these days. That revolution and its aftermath wasn't a war by any means, but it had its battles, and Zorzo had fought on both sides. He glanced down at his hands, and wondered for but a moment how much blood was truly on them. He wasn't bothered by the prospect of killing per say, it was a necessary chore, but it was still a thought that stuck with him. He'd shed more blood, take more blood, if it meant Republic City was free, if it meant the true revolution could get started. He only hoped those gathered here were also willing, otherwise they'd have issues. For some gathered, he wasn't so sure of their ability, the kid most of all. The armored warrior with the explosives however, seemed well suited to combat, and Zorzo gave Feng an approving nod after the nonbender finished speaking of his passion for fire. If there was anyone here Zorzo knew he could trust in a fight, it'd be that one. He'd seen combat before, Zorzo had no doubt of it. His demeanor was a bit odd sure, but he knew his shit clearly, when it came to things that went boom. In Republic City he knew, a little boom could go a long way.

Eventually, he found his way to the sails, directed by the watertribe nonbender, a bright, cheerful sort named Ryoko. He gave only a nod in response to her request, and took his place beneath the sails, berfore he took in a deep breath, and felt the air move through his lungs. He let the breath go, and then took it in again, feeling the air course through his body. Perhaps the only lesson the monks had ever gave him that stuck, was the importance of breathing. Or... maybe that was from a firebender he'd been friends with in Republic City. He supposed it didn't really matter. He then took in another deep breath, and exhaled, blowing against the sails, filling them with a powerful gust of wind, pushing the ship forward, like a knife through the water.

Attachments

• 1592514594613.png
    1592514594613.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 1
Ronan Cheng
Hmm.jpg

Despite being of the Earth Kingdom, Ronan showed that he was just as comfortable on a boat as he was on land. To him, earth-bending was a tool, but he never let himself get so familiar with it that it became a crutch. It seemed the others in the party were well-traveled too, which was fortunate. That was one less hurdle they'd have to deal with. While he listened to the conversations going on, he kept his thoughts to himself for the moment. There was a lot that could be learned just by listening to them talk, especially since they seemed to be such a vocal group. At least some of them were. The first piece of information that caught his attention was the fact that his Earth Kingdom partner was not only a Kiyoshi warrior, but a granddaughter of Suki. He did find it interesting, but soon shook it from his mind. He had learned from his experience as a military leader that it was best to keep those pieces of information out of the mind, as it tended to cause heightened expectations, unfair judgments, and often blinded an instructor to a student's real skills and potential. It was nothing more than intriguing trivia to him. Not that he saw her as his student, but he still felt it a good rule to live by.

Ronan also found it a positive that many of the group had been well-traveled. Although that meant it was possible they had heard of him especially if they had been to the Earth Kingdom before. This is what made Yei of the Fire Nation stick out to him again. When he first met them, he had noticed Yei's personality and demeanor. She seemed to have the right mind about her coming into this situation. Now his interest was piqued again when she mentioned she'd lived in Ba Sing Se. He wasn't sure, but he thought he remembered hearing about such a fire bender living within the borders of the Earth Kingdom. The question was, why was she there? Had they met before? At the moment, he couldn't remember. He had intended to keep his past and story on the down-low, as he wasn't one to brag or tout himself as some hero, but learning how worldly this group was made him feel like that was going to be a futile effort. It's possible these people had heard of him, and if so, it was likely they'd already formed their own opinions about him. Either way, he still felt it best to stay humble. If any of them were aware of who he was and felt it needed to be addressed, they would bring it up.

When the air-bender took on the job of speeding up their journey, Ronan braced himself on a mast. He felt it was time for him to chime into the conversation a bit. After all, he didn't want the group to feel like he was hiding something. After all, if they specifically asked about his past, he wasn't going to lie. He just felt it best to keep it simple. "Well, it seems to me that we have a fairly experienced group here. As for myself, I'm a military man; which basically translates to soldier for hire due to the current turmoil in the Earth Kingdom. I have had the opportunity to travel abroad as well, but it seems like your stories are a little more interesting than mine."

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Jannah Jannah GrieveWriter GrieveWriter SirDerpingtonIV SirDerpingtonIV Lady Warlock Lady Warlock The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36

Users who are viewing this thread

Back