• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Avalos Magic School OOC (Fantasy/Anime)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I can go ahead and delete some of the posts I've made in the interest thread if you'd like? You're absolutely right in that it's a bunch of clutter that might deter some people when they peek in!

I can go ahead and delete some of the posts I've made in the interest thread if you'd like? You're absolutely right in that it's a bunch of clutter that might deter some people when they peek in!
That's up to you. I will be deleting mine but I will quote them here so they aren't just gone. Let's atleast try to keep the discussion here from now on. I appreciate your willingness to participate so far.

I don't have a CS currently and would prefer to wait till I make one after I get interest. Then people can submit characters to be approved. Also I am going for art/anime instead of real life images.

- Honestly I will try my best to involve teachers in as much situations as I can but it is difficult to call upon teachers in every situation. I want to have teachers recieve freedom to run classes how they want with a good amount of freedom. Everyone in the RP has time to roam around freely around campus in a more open-world setting where people can challenge eachother, hold their own quests/events and generally have freedom to do whatever they want within reason. So interacting with students, teaching classes, roaming around, asking students to do tasks, holding events and stuff are some of the things I want teachers to be able to do. Although this is affected by the amount of interest I get as a small amount of people creates a less lively world.
Students will be abit more important but I want to give teachers more to do than just being side characters, make them feel like experts and staff important to the function of the school and daily life.
They can support students, investigate problems and anything that a teacher or staff might be able to do, and I will try to involve them in the events that are created like festivals, plot events, conflicts, etc.

- No we're not limiting things to DnD classes. I've never really played DnD and I only gave the examples as forms of magic, but whatever form that might take is up to you. You don't have to be one of the examples. Those were only meant to get your creative juices running. Come up with any type of mage you want as long as you can explain how that would fall under one of the broad categories and the definition given in the opening interest post.
  • Abjuration
  • Conjuration
  • Alteration
  • Destruction
  • Illusion
  • Necromancy
You could be anything you think of really. Doesn't have to be an example I already gave and isn't dependent on DnD or anything outside the RP. Maybe you decide you want to be an augurer, bam done. Or you wanna be a rune mage. Bam done. Just explain how it falls under one of the above categories.

- We probably will RP out classes, although feel free to make it creative so people aren't bored. Maybe a herbologist teacher takes the students to a forest outside to study plant-life or nature, or perhaps they go to the gardens in the campus and experiment with their effects as magical objects, or maybe they have to help a group of monsters along the way.
It is okay for the class to get sidetracked by some made up conflict that comes up that the class then has to deal with as a sort of mini adventure. It's really up to the teacher, although I will try to create a teacher PM so all of us can communicate on ideas and lessons. If we ever decide we wanna skip classes out of burnout or focus less on classes we can always change things up.
This RP isn't set to be played out one way. It's very fluid.

It is possible for someone to make a member of the royal family as a student (perhaps a prince or princess) or a high ranking member of the empire as a teacher or student.
The adults of the royal family would probably have to be in their kingdom running things though. Although an non direct ruling member of the family, like a sibling of the king/queen would be interesting as a teacher. or a high ranking military member would probably make sense given their expertise.

Student Council roles are open.

Feel free to be creative with your character's backstory/origin, personality, morals, opinions or whatever.

I know a lot things are still WIP but I couldn't help but to ask: will we only play as humans (no hybrids or playing as creatures)?

And another question about magic and spells itself: how exclusive will magic spells be? Will everyone be able to (eventually) perform the same spells, but with different proficiency? Or will higher grade spells be exclusive to the specific magic user who is an expert? (Like, fireballs can be used by a lot of people with different levels of mastery over it, but maybe a fire storm will be exclusive content for pyromancers)?

Feel free to tell me off if this is too detailed or just something that you hadn't planned for, but is magic something that every one just has in their body, or is it a source of material we just extract from the environment and manipulate into spells and the like?

Truly sorry if I'm interfering with your WIPs, there's a lot of different magic and school types out there so I often want to get a firm grip on what to expect!

I know a lot things are still WIP but I couldn't help but to ask: will we only play as humans (no hybrids or playing as creatures)?

And another question about magic and spells itself: how exclusive will magic spells be? Will everyone be able to (eventually) perform the same spells, but with different proficiency? Or will higher grade spells be exclusive to the specific magic user who is an expert? (Like, fireballs can be used by a lot of people with different levels of mastery over it, but maybe a fire storm will be exclusive content for pyromancers)?

Feel free to tell me off if this is too detailed or just something that you hadn't planned for, but is magic something that every one just has in their body, or is it a source of material we just extract from the environment and manipulate into spells and the like?

Truly sorry if I'm interfering with your WIPs, there's a lot of different magic and school types out there so I often want to get a firm grip on what to expect!
I think I probably will limit this to humans. I haven't really been planning on different races but if it really is something alot of people want then I can consider it. I'm not trying to set anything in stone.

You'll be coming up with your own magic. I'm mostly looking for combat related magic to be listed. I don't need people explaining that a pyromancer can shoot fireballs, all pyromancers would do that anyways. I'll give people a limited amount of slots to come up with their own combat spells they designed themselves. Be creative.
I'm not gonna ask people to list generic magic anyone with that kind of magic could do or someone explaining mundane tasks they could do. Nobody needs to explain that a druid could grow a garden of plants or a pyromancer shooting a fireball or a pyromancer slowly drying their clothes with heat.

I will work out any problems if they arise so be prepared to work with me if someone has chosen similar spells or magic.

Yes I have thought of the source of all magic, It is a source of energy called Aether. Everyone has a natural amount of it and using magic requires it. So it's like a gas tank.
Also objects can contain natural aether, as well as locations or monsters or animals. That's basically all I'm gonna say for now but it is one of the classes

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse So I posted a reply in the Interest Check, but that was before I noticed the link to this thread. Should i copy and paste it here?

I will copy and paste it here.

Last edited:
Can I RP as a Normal Human without Magic, who pulls a Tsukune(Rosario + Vampire Main Character) and ends up in the school due to his Grandfather being a Magician, and taking care of my character after his parents disowned him?

Due to the lack of Magic, I want to give him a Sword that allows him to use his Soul as a source of power. A Legendarily Secret Blade handed down every 100 years. In my character's case, his grandfather gave it to him.

If this is allowed, I am willing to make my OC, and see if you will approve my detailed Soul Sword description.

Can I RP as a Normal Human without Magic, who pulls a Tsukune(Rosario + Vampire Main Character) and ends up in the school due to his Grandfather being a Magician, and taking care of my character after his parents disowned him?

Due to the lack of Magic, I want to give him a Sword that allows him to use his Soul as a source of power. A Legendarily Secret Blade handed down every 100 years. In my character's case, his grandfather gave it to him.

If this is allowed, I am willing to make my OC, and see if you will approve my detailed Soul Sword description.
I'm willing to accept it given the sword is infused with aether since that's what gives objects magic and the sword itself falls under one of the categories of magic. Meaning the sword grants abilities that fall under one of the categories. I never technically said people couldnt be mages using magic items so that should be fine as long as we follow the rules of magic items.
(Abjuration, Conjuration, Alteration, Destruction, Illusion, Necromancy )

I'm willing to accept it given the sword is infused with aether since that's what gives objects magic and the sword itself falls under one of the categories of magic. Meaning the sword grants abilities that fall under one of the categories. I never technically said people couldnt be mages using magic items so that should be fine as long as we follow the rules of magic items.
(Abjuration, Conjuration, Alteration, Destruction, Illusion, Necromancy )

Sounds good to me.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse I'm pretty sure my OC's yet unnamed soul sword would fall under a mix of Abjuration and Alteration. Since my idea is that it uses his soul it would be Alteration, but since the nature of the sword's magic is along the lines of using his life force as energy, i'm not sure if it would be one or the other.

What is your opinion on this?

I’m away from my laptop for a bit but I was planning on either making a teacher for herbology (or something else, Im flexible.)

EDIT: just woke up and read wtf I wrote. Minor typo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back