• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Avalos Academy IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
It was a bright and sunny day in Avalos Academy. The dragon festival was being held. An annual festival where games, events and dances were held at the Academy. Students were free to roam around and chat, interact or have fun together. Ofcourse the main attraction were the Dragons being kept at Avalos. It was something many of the students were excited for, to see the dragons for the first time of the year, opening up people to ride them or help take care of them. Different teachers manned activities around the school. In the great hall, food and drinks were being served and slow dances were occuring. The Principal was said to be at the Dragons so many students gravitated there as well.

Many of the students had recently arrived, some ended up staying at Avalos year-round however those who didn't had just arrived last night before the festival, so naturally many had ended up conversing and catching up with long time friends.

Emily Cait was currently attending to the dragons at the Pen. Many students had gathered around eagerly waiting their turn to interact with the dragons.
"Now now students, the first thing you must understand in being near a dragon is that they are powerful and prideful creatures. One must be respectful of their power or the dragon will never respect someone enough to let that person ride them..."
Emily had a slight smile as she spoke to the students. There was something endearing about being able to run the school of Avalos. Her own predecessor having long retired from the position. It was never any suprise that Emily was qualified to take up the position although some of her old friends thought she was mad since she could've had greater positions to take than a principal at some faraway academy. Nonetheless it was actually quite refreshing.
She patted one of the dragons in the stable, brushing his scales gently. The giant blue dragon growled softly in a composed manner and many of the students watched excitedly.
"This is Lancelot. He's a blue dragon we've been raising for 80 years. He's been here even before I began as Principal."

Last edited:
Kizaro was leading a group of students in making Aether Lanterns. She wasn't typically found of having to do senseless projects like this, although the students seemed to be enjoying it nonetheless. It was said that each lantern would ward off bad dreams for those who kept them around.Supposed it was first creating as a gift between two lovers. You would end up giving them to friends or significant others. A silly tradition although one everyone seemed to value far more than her. Kizaro was one of the younger teachers, she even got started teaching Avalos at the age of twenty. Not many people really knew what exact type of magic Kizaro practiced outside of the Principal, so naturally people would talk about it all the time. Kizaro ignored such gossip. She only cared about students making sure they paid attention in class, otherwise she would ask them to leave.

She wasn't mean. But she had a thousand things to do besides deal with people who didn't try. She was often incharge of making sure the student council attended the garden properly ontop of having to teach monsterology. One might say she was an attentive and effective teacher. She didn't often show much emotion although there was an elegant and motherly sense to her.

"You're going to end up breaking the lantern if you do it like that." She said grabbing the paper from a boy who kept messing up.
Why did she teach? There was something serene about staying at Avalos. If she wasn't going to continue in the military then it was better that she would teach her she supposed.

Her hands slowly folded the lantern into the proper shape before handing it back as the students watched amazed.
"Professor Madare, could you do mine too."
Well now it seemed like everyone wanted her to do the lanterns for them.
"You have to learn how to do it yourselves. It ruins the experience if i'm doing everything."
Truthfully told she just didn't want to do everything for everyone..

Reina was more than excited to be back at Avalos for her final year. It was a bittersweet moment. It would be her last year as a student at the school, but she was hopeful to make the most of it and potentially go on to be a teacher at Avalos. She didn't want to worry about any of that right now however, as the Dragon Festival was here!

It was Reina's favorite time of the year, ever since she started attending Avalos. It gave her the chance to meet the freshman, as well as any underclassman she may have missed in the years before. There was also always the prospect of a new teacher here or there that might be starting at Avalos. Reina tried not to keep up on this, wanting to meet the teachers for herself and learn what she could about them.

Dressed in her typical winter apparel, this time wearing a pure white coat with pants to match. There were tufts of faux fur at the end of her sleeves and pants legs, indicating the inside was well insulated and toasty. The usual air around her seemed chilled to the couch, and despite being bundled up she seemed comfortable. Her sword was better left in her quarters today, no need to bring it to the festival. Besides, she didn't plan on getting into a fight.

The senior quickly made her way to where she knew the head of the school would be, with the dragons. Sure enough, there she was, showing students to Lancelot. Reina smiled and greeted some of the underclassmen as she made her way closer to the main attraction.

"Good morning, Miss Cait!" She chimed once she was close enough, before turning her attention to the dragon. "And to you as well, Lancelot." She said with a smile on her face like always. "Is there anything you need help with today to keep things running smoothly? I'd be more than happy to help you and the other teachers out." The senior was quick as always to offer her help, especially to the principal of Avalos. "I could even give a demonstration to some freshies about what they might get to learn or accomplish if you'd want!" The student moved some of her silver hair from her face and put a hand out to run along Lancelot's scales, hoping the dragon still remembered her from years past.

Another person cheating her out of a deal. It was annoying when people didn't hold their end of the deals. Today however was supposed to be a good day. It was supposed to be the Dragon Festival. People dancing in the great hall while Lena walked by. No she wasn't concerned with the dances. The most important thing was magic. It always was. A lesson given to her by Fyra. Her own...what?
Was Fyra a mother? She wasn't Lena's mother. Lena's mother died in the fires of her childhood mansion. She was found by the Community of Bloodmages years later, only after the experiments of her own capabilities had spread word beyond Varsteed. Becoming a hardened mage in her own right through harsh leadership.

No Lena wasn't a coldhearted person. She understood things. But she knew the closest route to her own goals was through studying. She didn't grow up fond of other children in the community. Every waking moment was spent training. Fyra was a harsh mentor. It was part of what forged Lena into the person she was today.

Backing to reality Lena did hear things about Aether Lanterns. They weren't things that were too special but having one of her own seemed like a reasonable point for experimentation.
Supposedly it would be Professor Madare who was teaching people to make Aether Lanterns. Something about Professor Madare always seemed to keep Lena paying attention in class. The woman had a disposition that made Lena feel reminded of Fyra and even herself. She decided to make her way to Professor Madare's classroom.

Sure enough she found the woman who was abit fedup with all the helpless students, despite the teacher doing her best not to show it. Lena was too observant to not notice the slight tired look of the professor..

"Alright, I think I got it." Says the country girl Hyuuna. Unlike the students who either gives up or approaches the teacher for help, Hyuuna went independent and any mistake she makes, she learns it. When her students overheard this, most of their mind are filled with jealousy with thoughts such as "Of course the country mouse knows", "How is a farm girl able to make stuff so complicated", and "Why, of all people, can't there be someone else who is as good as that barnyard rat".

Indeed, Hyuuna was different than her peers. Although she finds the feeling annoying, she doesn't mind it at all. "Finished!" Hyuuna said before approaching her professor and present her Aether Lantern, which looked okay enough, but not perfect. "How is it, Professor Madare?" She asked with a bright smile on her face as usual since stepping into the academy.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Sicarius essentially patrolled the festival making sure everything went smooth. He stepped in to stop drama and conflict. He also stops pranks set up by students to mess with the festival. Most of all he remained vigilant from outside sources trying to use the festival as opportunity to strike. It would be easy for someone to sneak operatives in with the freshmen or to have students who are double agents or something. The only way to tell is to watch for suspicious behavior and investigate. And so he roamed not tasked to specific activity like some of the staff and student council.

He walked around with a carefree expression upon his face. He didn’t brood or look overly serious. His hair is down and he work his black tank top showing off part of his tattoo. His sword hung at his side as if it was an after thought and not a necessity. He didn’t look like he was pulling security or patrolling the area.

Felix Steamwinn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With his leather satchel and light armor to match Felix excitedly followed the crowd of freshman students rushing into the school grounds. On his back, he carried a beautiful crossbow made of a painted silver with engravings of magical enchantments. The bow looked of high value and well made. He walked slowly as he looked up in awe, mouth agape at all the glory that was Avalos. The excitement of the festival around him filled him with energy.
"I can't believe I'm finally here!"
Felix said as he threw his hands up in the air and smiled at the sky. With a spin, his golden hair flipped around his face, along with his satchel and bow. He gathered himself, took a deep breath and closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes again, he couldn't believe all the students and magic around him! He continued to follow the other freshman as they were excitedly whispering about the dragon. He entered the Pen just as Miss Cait was speaking.

"This is Lancelot. He's a blue dragon we've been raising for 80 years. He's been here even before I began as Principal."

Felix had never seen a dragon in his life and when he saw the dragon he was instantly filled with adrenaline, he smiled and said:
"Wow, I never imagined anything like this!" he pushed his way to the front.
After gawking at the dragon for a few seconds Felix noticed how powerful the principal and the senior student next to her appeared. He couldn't wait to get his first demonstration, or even get to show his own magic!

Emilia Viola
It was another beautiful day at Avalos. The many freshman were milling about, eager to participate in the activities and get to know their new peers. Upperclassmen were either helping out with the festivities or reuniting with friends. Emilia however made absolutely sure to follow the principal and other respected teachers to whatever demonstration they had been given.

Emilia was not one for these types of events, that much was clear from the way she scrunched up her face in distaste at the many students loudly talking and laughing. This was a place of learning was it not? In that case it only seems prudent to attend the seminars presented by any lecturer to take in as much as possible.

As the Principal Cait introduced Lancelot, Emilia quickly readjusted her clothing. Due to the unaggressive nature of her magic, Emilia could afford to choose style over practicality. A long white dress that flaired out at the bottom with black stylish flair added throughout was her main choice when not in lessons, although with all of the moving about she will have to do Emilia briefly wished she had not brought heels.

"Wow, I never imagined anything like this!"

Emilia's eyes widened as she felt a young man's shoulder push her aside as he made his way to the front. The absolute nerve! Her eyes narrowed, quickly noting his unfamiliar face.

With: Felix, Reina, Emily

When another student presented her Lantern, Madare turned to the girl. Well it wasn't an amazing Lantern but it would work with all purposes intended.
"Very good Hyuuna. You wouldn't have any purpose in mind for what you will do with your lantern would you?" Madare said.
She did know the girl's name. Madare had been required to read every student's files by Emily. She wondered what the girl planned to do with the lantern.
It wasn't uncommon for students to gift eachother lanterns around this time. Nor was it uncommon for students to keep them for themselves. Still it was quite a boring task for Madare to have to do. She really needed some kind of break from this boring lantern making. Thankfully that wouldn't be disallowed and seeing as many people were also finishing their lanterns she decided to have the group move elsewhere.
"Well then. Why don't we all take a walk. Perhaps head to the forest?"" Madare said clasping her hands together.
She could probably come up with some sort of monologue as they trekked through the forest.
Professor Madare had wiggled her fingers as they began to glow with magic. White sigils began to glow around the students as were suddenly teleported to the outside forest outside the academy. Thick trees and green grass was present and the sounds of animals could be heard.
"Who wants to help me find some Therngrass. You should be careful though because they're typically guarded by imps."
Topless Topless

"I'm thinking of giving this to a friend...if I have one." Hyuuna answered with a somber tone. Indeed, she doesn't have any companions for most of them doesn't want to make friends with someone raised in a farm. They would rather be friends with the middle-class than someone lower. It really pains Hyuuna so much, but she is determined to find someone who she can be friends with. When all is said and done, Professor Madare asked the students if they want to go for a walk in the forest. Hyuuna shot up and say "Yes!"

At a blink of an eye, all of the students have been transported in a lush green forest. The professor then asked if any of the students want help her find some Therngrass said to be guarded by imps. Hyuuna wasted no time to raise her hand and say "Oh! Oh! Me! Me! Let me help you find some of them Therngrass. I'm in a good mood to kick some ass!" She ends with a bright smile on her face.

As Zoe attached the last saddle onto one of the dragons, she learned up against a wall and took a breather, the saddles were surprisingly heavy, but it was to be expected given their size. She could hear the sounds of students praising Lancelot. Zoe was also quite curious to see it up close, but compaired to the job she was currently doing it wasn't much different. She had seen dragons afar and spoke to a few tamers of dragons, but she had never gotten this close to them and be able to touch them. She looked around and thought to herself about how this was right next to where she lived now, quite excited she jumped up and went out to tell Cait that the preparations were done.

Zoe was quite jumpy considering that she had only been in the academy for a week at most, she came early after getting a letter talking about a dragon festival and using the excuse she was going to help prepare (But actually really just wanting to go look at the festival early) she took off for the academy. When she got there, it was bigger than she expected, the academy itself towering over her with a calm grassy garden scattered around. She walked up to the doors and knocked on them gently, after waiting for a couple seconds she figured there was actually no point knocking, 'What am I thinking? Its not a house, just an academy, no one wou-' Suddenly cut off by the door opening, she saw a woman standing in front of her. The woman smiled at Zoe 'You must be Zoe, its nice to meet you, my name is Emily Cait'. Zoe, a bit startled by someone actually answering quickly gathered herself 'Y-Yes! My name is Zoe, wait I guess you already knew that... Its nice to meet you Ms. Cait!'. Emily took Zoe inside and showed Zoe to her room so she could drop off her belongings and settle down, Emily also left Zoe with a map of the academy saying where she would most likely be if Zoe had any questions and where they currently are now. Zoe thanks Emily and after she left began looking at the map planning where she was going to explore the next day.

The day before the festival Zoe was told to meet up with Emily and what her role as a teacher was going to imply as well as her duties tomorrow. There weren't many duties left to do for the festival, it was quite well prepared before hand to begin with, but then Zoe saw one of the duties saw saddling up the dragons for one of the events. She took a closer look at the job and thats all there was too it, attaching the saddles to the dragons, an easy job and she got to get up close to the dragons!? It was essentially a win-win job for her, she quickly took it and told Emily that she would have the job done and she didn't regret it, it took a little less than an hour to get all the saddles on the dragons, but it was a great hour for Zoe as she hugged the dragons while putting on the saddles and stroked them after it was done. With this being one of her first real jobs inside the academy, she only looked forward to the rest to come.

Good morning, Miss Cait!" She chimed once she was close enough, before turning her attention to the dragon. "And to you as well, Lancelot." She said with a smile on her face like always. "Is there anything you need help with today to keep things running smoothly? I'd be more than happy to help you and the other teachers out." The senior was quick as always to offer her help, especially to the principal of Avalos. "I could even give a demonstration to some freshies about what they might get to learn or accomplish if you'd want!" The student moved some of her silver hair from her face and put a hand out to run along Lancelot's scales, hoping the dragon still remembered her from years past.

Many students gathered around the pen. When a senior showed up moving close to the front of the crowd she greeted Principal Cait and Lancelot.
While Miss Cait enjoyed having a student ready to assist where necessary, it wasn't needed currently.
"I appreciate the eagerness Reina, but it won't be necessary."
Another student began pushing his way to the forefront exclaiming how he'd never seen anything like this before.
"Yes dragons are quite magnificient creatures."
Lancelot snorted proudly. Cait petted his nose while whispering in his ear not to let things go to his head.
"Okay calm down everyone. For those of you that don't know, the Dragon Festival is the beginning of spring. Dragons are cold blooded creatures so during colder seasons we unfortunately have to keep them inside for them to stay warm, but during the beginning of spring until fall we open up the opportunity for students to train and grow with them. You all will be riding them and learning how magic combat works in the sky. Other activities like racing and learning how to fly are also quite important, and our school raises and takes care of these dragons so you all will be doing your part each year to help them live here."

"Our dragons are given to us by the royal military at varsteed as the pact of the Magnar Dragos Agreement, a pact formed during the founding of this school almost 700 years ago.
You could say the school is a symbol of peace."
Another teacher could been attaching saddles to the dragons deeper in the pen.
"Students I would like to introduce Professor Listam. Our newest professor, our archery professor." Principal Cait said pointing to Zoe as she was saddling the remaining dragons.
Various other dragons could be seen from the pen.
"We're preparing the first race of the festival. You'll each get an opportunity to ride one of the dragons now, I'm sure some of our older students have done this before. You may group up individually or in groups of two. If you would like assistance then please let me or Professor Listam know. We'll be detailing the race once everyone is saddled up"

shapeshifting shapeshifting Aeshae Aeshae DisplacerCat DisplacerCat Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko

Lucian had made it in time for the pen race. He could tell one girl in particular seemed annoyed for some reason. What a perfect opportunity.
He casually made his way through the crowd of people and ended up standing next to the girl and poking her shoulder. When he was sure he got her attention he smiled and spoke up.
"What's the matter? You seem quite troubled miss." He said.
Noticing the announcement of the race he listened to the principal detailing the event. He turned to the girl and pointed to the dragons.
"How bout you and me ride together? Could be fun." He said pointing to the saddles.
"Anyways I'm Lucian. I know I'm great, you don't have to flatter me." He said pointing to his casual attire.
"So what do you think of our illustrious school? Me? Abit too fancy but hey we're not paying for the education" He said figeting with his hands.
He was curious what her magic was. Mages of all kinds came from around the world, so he always had plenty of gossip and rumors that floated about.
He always was entertained quite much because of the sheer diversity. You could never know what would happen at this school.
Aeshae Aeshae

When Professor Madare had spoken about needing help finding therngrass. Another student seemed quite eager to go find some. Lena held back a laugh. This girl wanted to fight some imps?
"Have you ever fought an Imp before? I have." Lena said speaking up. The hooded bloodmage attracted the attention of the rest of the students when she spoke up.
"Whose that?" "I heard she's a bloodmage." One person whispered.. "I heard she does black market deals on campus." another whispered.
"You can't possibly think you're gonna go fight a bunch of imps alone." Lena said in disbelief.

Professor Madare was watching the whole thing and began to speak up.
"That's true. Why don't both of you go together. The rest of you can help me find some other ingredients. I'm sure Miss Minha would be happy to lead the way."

Lena wasn't quite happy with that one. She didn't really want to have to spend time with another student going after some imps. She glared at the other girl harshly.
"Don't do anything stupid." Lena said as she motioned for the girl to lead the way.
Topless Topless

When the girl, Lena, asked her if she had fought an imp before, Hyuuna replied "Um...no, but regardless of what they are, I can still kick their asses." Lena doesn't believe her, telling the farm girl that she can't take the imps alone, so Professor Madare pairs the two up to go look for the Therngrass whole the rest looks for other ingredients. Made worst for Lena when Hyuuna was told she will lead. "Don't worry Miss Madare, you count on our magic, strength, and wits to find them Therngrass. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? Trust us, we'll be absolutely fine." Hyuuna assures.

With all that being said, Lena motions Hyuuna to lead after exchanging some rough words to her. Hyuuna doesn't mind. "Don't worry, I ain't stupid. I'm too dumb to be fooled." Hyuuna said as she goes ahead of Lena, leading her in their search. While on the move, Hyuuna asks "By the way, I'm Hyuuna Minha, what's yours? How does your magic work?"

The senior nodded her head to Miss Cait and stepped out of the way so she could address the rest of the students. Reina was excited to see the enjoyment in some of her underclassman's faces. The group seemed to be comprised entirely of freshman, though there were a few sophomores and perhaps a couple of juniors hiding out around. At the moment Reina didn't see any of her fellow seniors, but figured they were probably busy elsewhere. The frost magus examined the new faces with a smile on her face and a bit of a twinkle in her eye. Naturally, she wanted to participate in the race as well, but would keep herself from volunteering to race so that more of her underclassmen could get a chance.

Reina's ears twitched under her hood almost at the mention of a new professor, and she turned up to see the archery professor fitting the saddles onto the dragons. "Lucky~" She sang, waving to professor Listam as a way to greet the new teacher. She continued to watch on as the principal addressed the students, her hand eventually lowered to meet her other behind her back so she could hold herself together. There was no doubt this was Reina's favorite time of the year, she just hoped nothing ruined the experience for the freshmen students.

Her bright yet cold eyes settled in on the few faces in the crowd that were already starting to make a bit of a ruckus, and on those that seemed to be pairing up. There she'd be able to notice Lucian, who she had only known for a short while. Of course, there was Emilia as well, who Lucian seemed to be talking with. She wondered if the two of them would partner up for the pen race, but wouldn't question it too much, despite what she did know of Lucian.

Her eyes seemed to gravitate onto Felix however a bit more than the other freshmen. There was just something about how excited he was to be there at Avalos that caught Reina's eye and somehow made her smile widen just a bit. She hoped all students could've been as excited as him, but would be happy to settle for just a handful anymore. After taking in the gathering of people in front of her, her gaze returned once more to Zoe. Reina would need to ask her some questions for sure, or Principal Cait before the school year was over. This being Reina's last year, she was hoping to move on to potentially become a teacher at Avalos, and needed to know where to go and where to start.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko Aeshae Aeshae shapeshifting shapeshifting

While leaning on the wall Zoe looked up to see that most of the students that were before looking at lancelot were now looking at her, that must mean that she got announced recently without even noticing. Wait... Does that mean some might have seen me hugging that dragon before!? Thats probably not the mature influence I am supposed to be showing is it... After a few seconds of panicking Zoe quite nervously put up her hand and waved at all the students while looking at them, most of them were talking among themselves and a few waved back, one of these students stood out a bit more than the rest. A girl stood waving at Zoe dressed like she just walked in from a blizzard, but with a smile that looked warmer than her coat. Zoe waved at her, 'She seems like a cheerful one' Zoe said to herself, she scanned through the students a bit more, but it was just a wall of students all chatting and pointing at the dragons. With her breath back she leaned off the wall stretching both her arms, now that the saddles were on the dragons, she just needed to see if anyone wanted to ride them.

Looking behind her double checking she put all the saddles on the dragon, she looked back over at the students and spoke in a loud voice 'Alright! Any students who want to ride the dragons for the race come over to me or Miss. Cait, we will help you get on and tell you what to do when you are taking off, in the air and landing.' Of course, having never done it before, she was mostly going to tell them what she was told by Emily and hope they don't ask her anything about personal experience.

Topless Topless
"The girl clearly had no knowledge about imps and didn''t bother even trying to hide it. Ofcourse Professor Madare had to put them together. The nerve this girl had what's the worse that can happen.
Imps liked to play games and it wouldn't be uncommon for one to wake up with a hex charm and no recollection of any of their life. If they had to play for Therngrass then she hoped it wouldn't be something too difficult or perhaps they could barter for the grass. Still the other girl moved ahead saying her name was Hyuuna Minha. When she asked about Lena's name and magic. Lena simply frowned.
"My name is Lena Cross. You shouldn't ask about people's magic without telling yours. We got to find some imps. Perhaps there is a Imp Ring around here. Since you don't seem to know anything about imps then I'll explain. They typically hide themselves in a pocket dimension within forests. We're looking for a array of rings on the ground. With one we can attempt to teleport to their village. Then we can hopefully get them to give us some Therngrass somehow. I don't know maybe we'll barter or challenge them for it." Lena said looking around the fauna of the forestscape.

"Oh really? Fine." Hyuuna replied with a bit of disappointment "My magic involves summoning monsters. It's only for a brief time though." She explained. Lena then tells about the imps and where to look for them. Hyuuna looks down at the ground as she searches. "What do those rings look like? Do they blend well in the grass? Could be tricky if they are small enough to fit a pig's teats." Hyuuna asked.

Principal Cait was ready to introduce Felix to his dragon.
"Since you seem so eager to race, why don't you follow me" Principal Cait said as she moved into the pen.
There were plenty of dragons which were currently being mounted. However Principal Cait kept walking past them all.
They had managed to walk up to one of the bigger dragons and this one could talk
"Why hello there Lady Cait. It's so nice to see you. I remember when you were a mere student here."
The big purple dragon blew a smoke ring from it's left nostril. Principal Cait walked up and patted it's head.
"This here is Theodore. He's the oldest dragon here. Almost 500 years old to be infact although that's not particularly old for dragons. Theodore, I'd like you to meet Felix Steamwinn, a first year here at Avalos. I'm sure you'll get along together during the race."
Theodore had turned it's head to get a long look at Felix before smiling.
"Ah Miss Cait you're too kind. I'm definitely approaching my middle ages atleast. And It's a pleasure to meet you Felix. Why don't we leave these other dragons in the dust? I'm definitely ready to show you how a real dragon race works." Theodore said pointing to a saddle already attached to his back.

Emily Cait was happy to see everyone getting ready for the race without any problems. She sensed earlier that Lucian was wanting to be a part of the race too.
"I think another one of our students seemed interested in the race so I will go see him. Hollar if there any problems!"
shapeshifting shapeshifting

Varen stood quietly away from the rest of the crowd- not that he was trying to distance himself from people, goodness no! It was just, he hated being in the thick of things like this. He didn't like being bumped around, and sometimes, the sheer... emanations of thoughts that arose from the multitude of sentients- while Varen couldn't read other people's minds, per say, he could still sense a... buzz, if you could call it that, from the minds of people. But anyways, sometimes, that buzz could become disorienting and headache inducing- especially in large crowds.

...But enough about his own worries. He made sure to look around and take in the view- he appreciated greenery- even his time at Daegos couldn't dampen that appreciation. After taking in the scene, he noticed that Lancelot, who was swarmed, was finally free. He always found dragons fascinating. Did he have trouble approaching them straight up? Yes, of course. But curiosity always beat fear. Of course, he made sure Evelynn was de-summoned, as her tricks didn't always mix well with the dragons' pride...

As he made his way to the dragon pen, he made sure to go around the mass of freshmen. Again, the buzz of their minds reverberated on the edges of his mind, and Varen wasn't in the mood for being tired so quickly. As he skirted the edges, he pulled on his mask a bit, to ensure it was still there. He never really needed to check, but it was a habit.

He made no noise as he silently glided towards the pen; as he approached Lancelot, he grinned- not that anyone would see it- and held up his construct of a hand out for the dragon to inspect. "Hey there, Lancelot. No one's giving you too much trouble, are they?" He envied the students riding the dragons. They could fly with no restrictions whatsoever, while Varen... well, Varen had to keep things simple. His vocal chords weren't the only things in his throat that was ruined. But he would find a way to get around his damaged wind pipe. If he could do so for walking, talking, and his arms, he could find an alternate way to breathe.

But, while he never flew with dragons much, he still made sure to visit them every day. They were.. calming to talk to. If a bit prideful. But it was refreshing. Their mental buzz was always deeper, but more... comforting. It was hard to describe. But, regardless of explanation, the result was that Varen enjoyed his time with the dragons.

Bellonna Rosalia
Location | Dragon Festival

~ ☓ ~

With every step, chainmail clinks underneath dark leather, the links make additional clatter by hitting up against her silver breastplate, the armor just about reaching her torso, the noise following her around like haunted screams of the forgotten. Hair of a dark magenta, with tempestuous waves, wrestled into a braid down to her waist—hanging from it Jian sword in its sheathe, a weapon roughly about as large as a longsword, it was in the same straight sword classification as such. Her attentive eyes of a coal-black, soulless pits of vibrancy, scans the environment full of freshman, people in her grade, and upperclassmen in large and small clusters—most surrounding dragons who may or may not have enjoyed the sudden surge of commotion and company, even if it was the good sort. Slowing to a steadier pace, she rests her hand on her sword, an action made on a whim. There was never a moment when Bellonna Roscind-Dumont was not ready for the battle—even when the occasion called for nothing of the sort.

The air swirling around Bellonna is sweltering temperatures strong enough to challenge the blazing heat that the Dragon Festival brought in its wake. It was only fair that the festival was annually held on the days when the sun was unyielding. Nevertheless, her skin is left unbothered, moist, and as proportionally dry. Bellonna dons a full set of armor, chainmail, leather, and all—covered up from neck to toe, yet, she remains perfectly warm. A tasty warmth that one shares when a cup of tea. In fact, her armor was enchanted to maintain heat. There were times when Bellonna got slightly carried away with her spells and completely let herself go, and others when she simply did not have the heat she needed, being a cold-blooded human.

Minutes before, she trained with herself and the obsidian bladed sword, the only person who could keep up with the routine. Every day she awoke at dawn, ate a hearty breakfast, and then dressed herself up in armor and practiced sword maneuvers. Every day she ended at different times, today she ended around noon since she had no classes and then remembered that the dragon festival was today, in fact. Creatures who were ancestors long ago had an entire day dedicated to them and their worship. Fascinating creatures they were—and more than a creature, actually! Dragons could speak, gave birth to their own language and people consult them for the greatest wisdom and magic in the world of Faerun.

Although taking idle steps in every which direction, somehow Bellonna was ended up at the dragon pen that Principal Cait was tending. With soft, focused eyes that made her suit iron seem all the less menacing, Bellonna watches the freshman handle the dragons. Under her breath, she mutters old words, a sort of good luck charm her mother taught her when she was young. Her mind could never rest, even when fun things were meant to distract her. The idea of one of the kids being propelled off of a dragon and enduring a serious injury made her worry. That good luck charm had not just been for the situation, but for her own solace.

Interactions | None
Mentions | SomebodyElse SomebodyElse
Nearby | shapeshifting shapeshifting , DisplacerCat DisplacerCat , darkborn darkborn , Topless Topless
other people at the dragon pen

Last edited:
Nathaniel Fletewoode burst into the classroom he would be teaching in with armfuls of supplies. He emptied the supplies on the wide oak desktop and opened one of the eight windows in the round tower room. The tower overlooked the vast fairgrounds. He would have been enjoying the warm breeze were it not for those dragons. Fully sentient, giant, flying, fire breathing lizards? Who could ever train something that size? They could simply spin in the air and send you to your death and they’d be the victims of a “bad handler”.

Snapping himself back to reality, Nathaniel began to unpack the supplies. New editions of his own book, Symbolic Chronology, the official Symbology textbook he spent months rewriting to the point each student could have one. Nathaniel cleared the middle few desks and prepared a weighty apparatus to create the perfect circles required for sigils, Adro, the circles were called. He could do smaller Adro freehand but the one he began to draw on the floor in the middle of the desks, about four feet across, required more advanced work. This year would be his first teaching at Avalos Academy. Truthfully, he had already been here for months, reading student files, preparing a syllabus, and navigating the halls.

Once again, Nathaniel returned to the window, drawn to the life and excitement of the festival. The dragons in their pens were removed and placed in a line. A race of some sort? Not wanting to be anywhere near the sky with dragons flying about, he quickly put a book on each desk and tightened his yellow scarf. On his desk, he drew a complicated series of lines and patterns faintly resembling an arch. The Doorway Rune. Later, he would be able to teleport back here faster than a dragon could fly.
On his wrist, Nathaniel had permanently inked an Adro into his skin, it was a costly endeavour, but worth it to quickly draw sigils on the fly. He drew four entwined patterns and inside the Adro and waited a second. Slowly, his feet began to lift off the ground. Dolgrir, the Levitation Sigil. He could not force himself in different directions, so he grabbed the desk and himself through the wooden doorframe and drifted over the edge of the winding staircase. He managed to quickly pull himself down the stairs faster than walking, when he reached the bottom, he simply smudged the sigil and his feet planted back on the ground. With an eye on the sky, Nathaniel briskly found his way through the halls towards the fairground. If the dragons would be taking to the skies, perhaps he could finally get some fresh air.

Yuheng3_cropped.png
Lorelei was standing quite peacefully at the main hall, where a banquet of food and drinks were being served. Pairs of students were seen dancing with eachother as slow music played out.
It was a break away from the usual duties of being a hall monitor which frankly actually had more than just monitoring halls and students. She often had to do some amount of paper work and help teachers out with tasks as all members of the student council did. Lorelei was never quite good at dancing although she enjoyed the peaceful and tranquil aura that dancing would provide, having learned from a young age to find enjoyment in the little things in her travels across the world.

Many students would probably be having a romantic moment in this although Lorelei was only here for the drinks. It had been awhile since she had tasted Aquarius Punch, Aquarius was a rare fruit that growing from under the sea near Varsteed, it was a common fruit that would be brought from ships all the time as they docked into Varsteed Port, It wasn't anything expensive as it tended to be commonly found around the sea but it wasn't something that Lorelei always had access to as she often was moving around the world so she sometimes would find herself in smaller towns, or even in the middle of nowhere.

"Good stuff. Shame it's only found in Varsteed." The storm girl said.

She wasn't particular interested quite yet in having to move out of the main hall, she found ease at the music playing so for now she would stay although who knows perhaps she would venture out to see what the rest of the school was doing.

Last edited:
Riza was thrilled to finally get to see the festival. Having grown up on the small farm her parents owned she was very happy to finally be going to real school. Her parents had homeschooled her until now when they had decided that she,Riza,was allowed at regular school. It was an exciting day. Riza was in the woods right now hiking around with the other students,she preferred to half listen and stare at the ground more. As her shyness got the best of her. She saw that two of the students were going somewhere. Since she wasnt really paying attention she wanted to follow them but should she?she quickly made the decision that sure why not and followed them into the undergrowth keeping slightly behind them.
Topless Topless SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back