• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Avalon

Azuria

in progress
(Note: Intended to be a hosted project but seeing as that won't be back until the end of the year and I have time now, not then, here we are.)

Welcome to the Syren Continent, a region teeming with magical energies, strange creatures, mysteries, and diverse environments. As a vagrant looking to start a new life, you'll have to work hard to make something of yourself. You won't have much cash, but there are lots of opportunities for fame and fortune. Looking to start a business? Or are you out for finding the love of your life? Takeover the kingdom? Become an esteemed warrior? The choices are endless.

You'll be arriving in the kingdom of Avalon, which resides in the western portion of the continent. The high mountains act as a natural barrier that make it difficult to explore the continent. Thus, inland, it is mostly unexplored territory. As time goes on, more will be uncovered, new regions will be available to explore, and unique opportunities will present themselves

Each week, new events will take place that will affect the fate of your character and the kingdom. Some things can only be acquired during these time periods, make yourself unique!

let me know if you're interested.

More info:
(actual rp) https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon.335056/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/current-affairs-scripts-etc.333289/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/notable-people.333301/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/locations.333312/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-maps.333826/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-ooc.333963/

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon-cs.334005/

Interest check: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/avalon.333305/

Last edited:
*DROOLS*

T-This... this is so beautiful... yet simple...
Simple, yet original.
Original, yet so open to creative freedom.
Open to creative freedom, yet so interactive!

I LOVE IT! SIGN ME UP, SENPAI!

*DROOLS*

T-This... this is so beautiful... yet simple...
Simple, yet original.
Original, yet so open to creative freedom.
Open to creative freedom, yet so interactive!

I LOVE IT! SIGN ME UP, SENPAI!
That's the goal, my attempt is to have a world open up where everyone can explore it in their own way. My only concerns are the lack of tabs or hosted projects for organization, since I want a good number of people, 6+me to start with room for more. I won't have a character either, since I'll be completely focused on npc's, events, world building, etc. So closest thing to my character will be the king. But even then as an npc he is killable, so...

Azuria Azuria
I love RPs like this. Whenever I make any type of RP myself, as a GM, I am faced with trying to match self-originality and creative freedom for players; I always try to create a neat balance for both. This captures that ideal perfectly. This is very good and I am 100% sure I want to and will participate in this, but...

Tell me I can be a mage, priest/exorcist/cleric/paladin/anything-that-uses-prayer-for-magic, or a large, orcish brute who is so strong and tough that it is completely ridiculous. You do that any of that, and I will sell my soul to you.

Will it be possible for us, roleplayers, to create some events related to the story (If there is a main plot) ?
Absolutely! That would be great. I only ask that you talk about it with me so we can develop the plot a bit more, but otherwise yeah there could definitely be some player caused events that will put you in the centre of it!

Last edited:
Azuria Azuria
I love RPs like this. Whenever I make any type of RP myself, as a GM, I am faced with trying to match self-originality and creative freedom for players; I always try to create a neat balance for both. This captures that ideal perfectly. This is very good and I am 100% sure I want to and will participate in this, but...

Tell me I can be a mage, priest/exorcist/cleric/paladin/anything-that-uses-prayer-for-magic, or a large, orcish brute who is so strong and tough that it is completely ridiculous. You do that any of that, and I will sell my soul to you.
:blowkiss:
Everything above. Except orcs. There are no orc's in this world. yet...

Azuria Azuria
Just out of curiosity. Are humans the only species in the roleplay, or are they the only playable one? Or are there more races than that?

Also, I had three ideas for characters, but I am yet to make a choice.
- A young merchant who arrived in Avalon to make money by selling high-quality gear to adventurers... and sooner or later he discovers he is a sleeper mage, using his newfound skills to start a magical business of some sort. I am still thinking about this one.
- A typical, yet famous bandit who steals from people and does some evil stuff in dumb ways. Mostly a comic relief character that might get a redemption arc later.
- A cleric-inquisitor-exorcist-priest (Whatever. Yet to make a choice which,) who starts out being a general, cheery clergyman; but then discovers he comes from a bloodline of infernalists and starts using black magic to exorcise demons, deeming it more effective, which is questionable at best. He hinges on losing his mind, and struggles to maintain the balance between sanity and effectiveness.

Azuria Azuria
Just out of curiosity. Are humans the only species in the roleplay, or are they the only playable one? Or are there more races than that?

Also, I had three ideas for characters, but I am yet to make a choice.
- A young merchant who arrived in Avalon to make money by selling high-quality gear to adventurers... and sooner or later he discovers he is a sleeper mage, using his newfound skills to start a magical business of some sort. I am still thinking about this one.
- A typical, yet famous bandit king who steals from people and does some evil stuff in dumb ways. Mostly a comic relief character that might get a redemption arc later.
- A cleric-inquisitor-exorcist-priest (Whatever. Yet to make a choice which,) who starts out being a general, cheery clergyman; but then discovers he comes from a bloodline of infernalists and starts using black magic to exorcise demons, deeming it more effective, which is questionable at best. He hinges on losing his mind, and struggles to maintain the balance between sanity and effectiveness.

Yes. Though I am open to introducing other sentient species but for now my focus is a human centric world. All those idea's sound perfect for this rp. Personally I like the first two better since there is more room to develop their character's in the world than someone who inherently has this power and discovers it. That's mostly opinion though.

Quick question, you seem to have a pretty clear idea of what the layout of Avalon looks like.. Would it be at all possible for you to quick sketch a lil map or something? Probably just something so that we are all on the same page as far as the setting?

Quick question, you seem to have a pretty clear idea of what the layout of Avalon looks like.. Would it be at all possible for you to quick sketch a lil map or something? Probably just something so that we are all on the same page as far as the setting?
Sure thing, I'm pretty bad with online map editors, I'll probably give those another go because they look beautiful but otherwise I'll at least have a child level pencil drawing for everyone to reference.

Sure thing, I'm pretty bad with online map editors, I'll probably give those another go because they look beautiful but otherwise I'll at least have a child level pencil drawing for everyone to reference.

You can try Inkarnate which is free (You need a computer as it doesn't work on a phone)

I used it for an old rp and it was pretty easy !

Here is a screen of what i did :

58aa075aa0e72_Map(4).thumb.jpg.267310eb4b3e4bb3917b6975ebf921d5.jpg

No worries, a child level pencil drawing is more than fine with me! :D

You can try Inkarnate which is free (You need a computer as it doesn't work on a phone)

I used it for an old rp and it was pretty easy !

Here is a screen of what i did :

View attachment 311787

I might use inkarnate for a more macro scale map showing the general major locations on the continent that we currently know of. Right now I'm making the map of the town with cityographer since inkarnate didn't really have the tools to depict the town in detail.

No worries, a child level pencil drawing is more than fine with me! :D
I think we can avoid this issue. I mean it's going to be pretty rough and take me a few hours but I might be able to get the map up tonight and it'll be more or less how it'll look when the rp starts, aside from minor changes (mostly to fill up space haha). It won't be that bustling of a town at first though which is good because it leaves room for it to grow as well as everyone's characters as the rp advances.

I think we can avoid this issue. I mean it's going to be pretty rough and take me a few hours but I might be able to get the map up tonight and it'll be more or less how it'll look when the rp starts, aside from minor changes (mostly to fill up space haha). It won't be that bustling of a town at first though which is good because it leaves room for it to grow as well as everyone's characters as the rp advances.
Yesssss! Oh my god, this is so exciting. This really reminds me of an RP I was in a few years back. I ran for over a year I think, something like 50,000 posts. God damn, I gotta get working on a character.

Yesssss! Oh my god, this is so exciting. This really reminds me of an RP I was in a few years back. I ran for over a year I think, something like 50,000 posts. God damn, I gotta get working on a character.
and then speak of the devil my computer crashes and I lose it all...
ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back