• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy π€π―𝐚π₯𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐲 (mermaid rp)

BELIAL.

wanna bewitch you in the moonlight
Roleplay Type(s)
giphy.gif

Avalon Bay.

Nestled quietly on the Northern cusp of the New England states, Avalon Bay is about six or so hours north of Boston, MA. With frigid winters and tepid summers, punctuated by blistering heat waves every few years or so, Avalon Bay is relatively quiet. It's past, however, is loud: loud, and violent. Legends surround Avalon Bay, mostly condemned to history books and sailor chatter. Some say it was the site of a grand battle between humans and merpeople. Ships were sunk to the bottom of the ocean, mermaid clans were wiped out of existence, and there was no peace for some time. Love is what brought this fighting to an end: the love between a human and a merperson. Like something of a fairytale, their union was what brought the end of the fighting. Some say their descendants live on, but most consider this mere fiction.

Though, a grotto resides beneath Cape Wrath (the great coast that Avalon Bay rests on), where wishes and curses are granted and bestowed. Only the foolish would dare to brave the choppy waters, but those who return may claim to never be the same again.

They are turned into mermaids. Imbued with the same mystical properties as the ancestors that once roamed the shores, unlucky denizens who plunge into it are turned into these creatures. But they must remain secretive. Who would believe them anyway?

Elsewhere in the town, a faction of mermaid hunters exist beneath the nose of society. They watch, waiting, for any sign of these supposed mermaids. Although times have changed and most believe that mermaids are merely legends these hunters wait with baited breath to protect the town.

When a group of friends accidentally find themselves transformed by this grotto, and flung into a new life, how will they cope? Secrets must be kept, as lives are on the line. Small towns are known to talk...

Are you one of the unlucky? An ally? A hunter? Or just a hapless soul, caught in the crossfire?

Hey friends! Looking to start up a small and loving little mermaid, small town RP! It's gonna be super casual, lots of fun and hopefully full of drama!

Few preliminary rules! There may be more later with the actual thread, and you will be notified! Any rules about behaviour off site and on site I don't need to express, as you should know them by having made an account. We want to be respectful and open, as well as friendly and communicative. If you have any concerns myself or idalie idalie will be there to remedy and answer questions.

1. This is going to be 20+, for sometimes going into deeper topics that may come up, and just for general comfortableness among players!
2. There will be set role numbers and vague categories but nothing concrete. Feel free to get original with your chara and their background. Want to build into the lore? Sounds great!
3. Discord plotting is a must! We will RP on RPN but there will be a discord for interested people to check out ideas and some more lore as well!

Discord link and CS will come later! Hopefully we can foster your interest!

Last edited:
Hehe, I can't wait!!! πŸ₯°

Never thought I would be caught up in a fishy affair like this - but sure. You have my deets: keep me up to date. 🎣

okay everyone!! discord will be linked below, feel free to hop in (hopefully it doesn't get deleted!)
the CS will probably go up before the weekend, and we'll set a due date for that once it goes out! (but probably a week to do it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back