• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Auverand - Medieval Fantasy (OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Eavan Mercer

The guards sprang into action at Eavan's hysterics. One stepped away from his post to examine her ankle, and the other demanded to know what happened.

"How did this happen my Lady?" One guard inquired; his tone suspicious but concerned nonetheless. This one had been in the Mercer's service since she herself was a youngling. Eavan simply feigned tears and gave a heavy sigh. "I must have taken a wrong step out in the stables. Mister Cobalt saw to me at once!" Evie exchanged a grateful look, brows softened and a subdued smile evident.

"I would like to be taken back to my quarters. Oh-- I must be feeling better." As if the pain were wearing off the Mercer girl would gingerly rotate the appendage, soon finding that it was miraculously healed!

"Thank you, Mister Cobalt. Guards, please help me will you?"

Evie wasn't surprised her plan had worked. She was good at acting and she knew it. This had just saved her from her parents' wrath. Both of them could be hot headed. If she didn't know better she'd have thought them to be of the house of the snake. Venomous if not infectiously warm at times.

[Time-skip to catch up to Linota if that's alright!]

Interacting: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 ), Guards 1-2
Mentioned: Aire ( Kirby3178 Kirby3178 )
Located: Mercer Castle

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
b13399aa77b46e25f36b6008be427ba8.jpg
[/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Linota Mercer[/div]
It didn't surprise Linota that she had found Kilian strapped to a barchair, his wrists bound and his torso tight taut. Still, knowing her father and his refusal to do anything violent in such a public setting, she stayed lounging in the doorway of the alehouse. It was apparent that her friend had had quite the night here at Stallion Ren's, and as so, he would pay the price with the wrath of her father. Though what she hadn't expected was to be seen.

"Linota!?" His voice broke the intensity that seemed to have been suffocating the room, his eyes gluing to her in a state of both confusion and relief. Lord Mercer's gaze followed Kilian's, his shoulders softening into his back while his frown melted from his face. Though the expression didn't last long as bewilderment soon filed onto his features. Linota's father looked between the restrained man and his fire-haired daughter, clutching one hand into a fist before pointing at Kilian. "You know this man?" The Lord of Millhold bellowed, his eyes squinted as he looked for any trace of lies that could crease his daughter's face. Sheepishly, the petite girl entered the alehouse and shed her riding cloak, draping it over the back of a chair before stepping closer to the situation before her. "I do," Her words were not much more than a mutter, a small smile being offered to her travel companion before settling her focus back to an enraged father. "And how might you know him?"

A more difficult question, one that made the girl's palms began to sweat. But perhaps her father would understand more than her dreadful mother would. "Well I-uh... we met at The Black Dog, down in Newacre," Linota began, her hands gesturing as she spoke as if to make more sense of things. "I had been planning to meet with the breeder down there in hopes of getting some new stallions, but they never showed. While I was waiting some ignorant brutes tried to court, if you could even call it that, and Kilian scared them off," A soft grin slowly bloomed onto the blue-eyed girl's face, shades of pink accompanying it as the hue settled onto her cheeks. "When I decided to give up on the buyer it was nightfall and I didn't want to ride through the plains alone after sundown. I offered to pay him for his protection and he did. Killed three nasty men he did, not one even got to touch him. We arrived in town only yesterday, we saw me all the way to the gates."

Lord Mercer pursed his lips as his daughter concluded her case for the mercenary, his brow smoothing out onto his dimpled skin. "Three men, eh?" The older man grizzled, dropping his pointed finger from the boy's face. Linota stayed put in where she was, watching her father's face twist this way and that, as if he was weighing the pros and cons of imprisoning the man. "I believe in honor in good deeds, lad," Lord Mercer sighed with the statement, pulling up a barstool and sitting in front of Kilian. Heavily armored arms across his chest, metal and leather rubbing their sounds into the dead air. "Linota isn't one to be easily impressed either. You see she's never taken to the ladylike manners her mother has tried to drill into 'er. She's a lady of the people, one who knows the names of those her cavalry helps keep safe, one whose name can plant a smile on any face of a peasant man you might see in my street of ol' Millhold," The red-haired girl rolled her eyes at her father's speech, yet was intrigued in where he was going with it. "Keepin' a young girl safe, that's honorable of ye'. She's a special one, my Linota, so I don't much be feelin' throwin' you in a cell."

"What're you suggesting then?" The eldest Mercer daughter cooed, tilting her head to the side. Her father laughed, shrugging his shoulder before glancing back at his heir. "He as good of a fighter as ye' say he is?" A sternness came with the question, a perched brow on his forward confirming that he asked not for clarification, but for business. Linota's forehead creased as her eyebrows knitted together, confusion striking her porcelain features. Nonetheless, she nodded slowly with ocean eyes transferring from Kilian to her father and back again. With a heavy sigh, Lord Mercer clapped his hands together, rubbing them as he nodded to both his guards. The two went to work on untying the boy, though they too were unsure of the Lord's intentions. "Honorable man, honorable punishment. You show my men how to fight on foot like they do in the saddle, I'll consider the fool you made of this alehouse forgiven." Pleased with his decision, Lord Mercer pushed to his feet giving the boy a nod before turning to Linota. The girl stood in her place, still confused with thoughts whirling in her mind, but still, she managed to focus on her father. "So you're holding him in Millhold... as a captain?" She uttered, taking her riding cloak back into her hands. Her father chuckled, shaking his head. "He'll have to earn that title little lady. He's training men for combat until his debt is repaid to Stallion Ren's. However long that will be is still to be determined. Now, get him back to Millhold, I'll have someone clean up a room in the barracks," The intimidating man of Millhold was about to leave before resting a hand on his daughter's shoulder, Linota's eyes now locked onto the sellsword before her. "Don't make me regret this, child. He's your responsibility while he runs in my keep."

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian, Lord Mercer, the Millhold cavalry | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Stallion Ren Alehouse
[/div][/div]

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] background-color:#000000; Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:15px; background-color:#ffffff; Color:Black; //BGColor will what determinates what type color will it have. Padding will be the void between the Border and the actual text.// //The solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border. All your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; // The Object will be at the right side of the screen - Floating as an image // margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#143d40; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); // Calculus to avoid objects to collide / lose itself at the bottom of another // //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #ffffff; border-bottom:10px SOLID #ffffff; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #ffffff; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 581226 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] A Cat has Nine lives - World's Event [/div]
Rumors of the Wildecat had soon reached Diana’s ears as she traveled and hoped from inn to inn, picking bits of information as she went. A particular feral creature in the woods was causing the townsman in the village she was visiting some trouble it seemed. Out of curiosity (and cough, greed) the young elemental decided to have a looksee in attempts to “tame” (another cough, kill) this over-sized kitty which would be waiting for her at Belguard.

If she recalled correctly, Wildecat fur made for a rather luxurious pelt and she could do with a new cloak. [div class="Line"][/div]
Sir Marick sat in his bed chambers, at a desk lit by candle fire, inspecting documents concerning the movement of household troops from the Wilde. He had been sent to Belguard two days ahead of his nephew - Lord Daegon of House Payne - to ensure that House Voguel would be in a position to compensate them for their services, as well as willing to cover the expenses of their stay, and messaged his liege through pidgeon when he was satisfied with their terms. Now he awaited their arrival, residing in a guest room provided by the Voguels in their castle, as hospitable as they were.

A squire in service to Marick - no older than seventeen - intruded into his chambers. It seemed as if he had run a fair bit, as he was struggling for air. “Sir! Sir!” He repeated as if Marick had not heard him the first time. “Aye, Sigman. Thou must have good reason to forego the common courtesy of ‘knocking’?” He enquired, yet demanded at the same time. Sigman was raised a boy of etiquette. The absence of it surely caught his attention. “Sir, a wildecat was spotted on the prowl beyond the walls of Belguard!” In response, Marick only chuckled. “Come, squire. Surely thou doth not think so little of the Voguels that they wouldn’t even best an overgrown cat? I’m quite sure they can handle a wildcat.” He jested. The Voguels were near useless at anything other than parting with their coin, but they were only so inept. “Nay, my lord. A wildecat.”

What Marick had drawn of a smirk now steeled itself with a sense of seriousness. “Fetch me my swords immediately.”
[div class="Line"][/div]
Siv and Krugar were patrolling the forest diligently. They wanted a new task and a challenge to fight for. Not only that but they would be rewarded to kill a wild animal that seemed to cause far too much trouble. At least that is what they knew.

As they marched through the woods, holding their weapons at the ready, Krugar could not wait to ask, “What are you going to spend your gold on? A new piece of armor? Better boots?”

Siv shook her head, as she raised her off-hand “Just some favors in town… Though-” she thought to herself as she smiled widely, looking back at the Orc wickly “~I always thought about a cape made out of a dangerous animal. Hope you know how to skin it for me...”
[div class="Line"][/div]
It was surprising how quick it took for Diana to find the beast, given how she was an elemental. Oftentimes, she would travel for hours on end without a single animal in view, and yet the Wildecat had no fear for what she is, even with the crackling, dry air of power around her.

Without waiting for the beast to attack first, Diana summoned the elements of fire onto her side. Two large fiery fireballs, ideally large enough to melt the kitty’s face off appeared in both of her palms.

“I’ll take you out in one swoop,” Diana thought to herself, keeping at a distance due to the lack of armor she wore. Perhaps she was a little too over-confident for her own good. She had never found a beast capable of enduring not one, but two of her fireballs before, but the Wildecat had served to do just that.

Though the first fireball had hit it square at its back, burning it’s fur to a degree which had Diana sighing internally (well there goes her cloak, she thought), the second one missed its head as the damn beast had enough sense to duck.

Howling in anger and pain, the Wildebeast wasted no time whirling around at a quick speed towards Diana. Surprised, Diana took a step back as she summoned a shield of fire around her---Frankly, the only line of defense she had.

Shit, maybe she should’ve called for help after all.
[div class="Line"][/div]
[div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 581231 [/div] [/div] Marick traveled the planes with what knowledge he gathered from the locals. The beast was here somewhere, but he would not fight it head on. A direct attack would be only a fool’s gambit. A creature such as this was best dispatched through indirect means. And that is why Marick brought with him a foothold trap bought from the local smith, a vial of poison kept for unsuspicious reasons, a full bladder, and a plethora of patience.

But Marick was only halfway into setting up his trap when he was disturbed by the distant sound of battle. The beast had already found prey, and so Marick rushed towards the commotion, swords unsheathed and ready for combat.
[div class="Line"][/div]
As the party of two move along the woods, the commotion began to call their attention. Krugar fell into despair as he knew someone was trying to kill the beast before he could. His face changed to one of terror - or was it anger?

The Shieldmaiden pushed through the last of her path, spear at hand, as they both found a magical being trying to push away the beast which would soon find its claws the right curve and reach to her neck. Krugar barked in low tone trying not to advert the creature, “-Wait. Let the beast kill her.”

“Grab a javelin and stop complaining, Krugar. Now!” Siv pushed through her hiding spot, spear in hand as she begins to bash both weapon and shield together to irritate the creature. Once she gained its full attention, [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] ShieldMaiden Wounded.png [/div] [/div] she attempted to throw her spear but barely graced the beast. She pulled her sword in motion as she continues to dash forward, none once she had stopped moving forward to make of her an obstacle between Diana and the Cougar. She screamed, a war-battle cry, as she internally asked for The Old Gods to aid her weapon.

She first bashed the creature with her shield as she moved her blade asunder, only to cut one of its ear off. The cut clean, and little to no injury was obtain by her whole movement. The claws of the beast finally found its way back to Siv, whom she could do nothing before the situation. If she moved away - the cat would finally have an opening to the magical being. She was the only thing between the both.

She raised her shield above her head and stopped the full force of the claws that pierced through the wood. It continued to slash powerlessly against the shield, over and over, until finally it removed the shield from Siv’s hands and cut right through her chest. Her armor was meant to protect her from cuts such as this - but this beast was not going easy on her. The impact alone sent her flying, a few meters away to the side. Removing her from the battle like if she was nothing but trash.

Once on her back, both of her hands rested on her wounded chest as blood began to pour off. “Dammit-” she responded, having difficulties to speak a single word,-Fuck. N-No.” she pressed her wounds with her own clothes, just before she lost her fighting spirit completely.

As the fight continued, Krugar began to scream and gain the attention of everyone who had ears to hear him. His right arm powerfully held a, larger than normal, javelin that he had expected to use ever since he arrived - he wanted not to lose the opportunity to kill the monster himself, even less to not even hurt the creature at all. “Die!” he screamed out in anger as the weapon traveled quickly through the air and landed upon the chest of the animal, pushing it off balance momentarily as it grunted and groaned. He should had, however, aimed for the head.

As he triumphantly advanced to the beast, believing to have it killed, the cougar raised from its pretentious defeat and began to harass Krugar with its claws, slashing his back rapidly - though the wounds were barely a problem, he had become sloppy and too anxious to finish off the creature to see the attack coming.

The cougar roared with outstanding strength, even if evidently wounded and barely standing - its appearances and powerful entity made this beast look as if none of the injures had made a difference to its will to fight on.

Krugar lands on the ground, kneeling while both of his hands grasp the ground in distress.

Marick arrived, but he found that the situation had taken a dire turn. It seemed a party of three engaged the creature, yet it had already struck down a lass seeking to claim its hide, and managed to force an orc onto his knees. There was no time for cognitive strategy in a scenario such as this. Only reflex and instinct, and so he charged the beast before it could land the finishing blow. He brought one of his swords down to the back of its neck, but its skin was thicker than most wildecats Marick had encountered, and his strike only pissed the creature off. Marick leaped backwards and prepared himself to fight defensively. When it attempted to lunge at him with its clear, Marick moved inward with the strike and left a deep gash in its cheek. If he could not pierce the hide, he would have to drain it of blood.

Marick moved in with his next attack, this time splitting the skin above its eyes with his blades in a desperate attempt to blind it. He tried to press any advantage he could exploit, but it seemed only to be a futile attempt of delaying the inevitable. Still he would fight on. Marick brought the sword he wielded in his right arm to his chest, and tried to thrust it directly into the beast’s eye and into its skull. However, the creature evaded his attacked with a sidestep and hurled its claws at his arm. The gambeson he wore barely withstood the force of the attack before it was cut right through, inflicting a deep wound into Marick’s forearm. The beast was far too close now, and instinctively Marick raised his other sword as the creature now attacked with its mouth.

Marick was forced into a clinch with the beast, with his sword stuck between its gaping jaws. He was on his knees in the dirt, but the overwhelming strength of the creature soon forced him on his back. Marick was in need of a miracle, and so he hastily prayed to the Goddess herself to grant him such. “O’Goddess, grant me death not to this foul beast!”
[div class="Line"][/div]
[div class="Line"][/div] Mentions: Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman mon mon Athanas Athanas
Interactions: txlos txlos Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman mon mon
A collaboration work of: Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman mon mon and myself included to represent the end of the World's event.
[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] [/div]

It was a good thing Varrick didn't have to wait long: He was not particularly patient when he had other matters to take care of. Strange as it may seem for one who outwardly seemed like a Brute, He despised inaction, considering Sloth to be even worse than cowardice. Thus, he made sure to organize his arguments in his mind, so as to make hiring him as appealing as possible. He'd have no hope to sweet-talk whoever that princess was, not with a face like his. He'd need to be concise, to the point, and capitalize on the fact that she would have no experience on matters of war.

The commotion near the gate shook him out of his thoughts. He recomposed himself in a straight posture, trying to look as Imposing as he possible could, and braced himself for the sight of an inbred wench that he assumed would be the Vogual Princess. Instead, he was utterly taken aback: The princess was a stunningly beautiful blonde, who walked with all the elegance and grace one would normally associate with a Princess. He wasn't very good at hiding his surprise, as his eyes transfixed onto the Princess, going from moderately annoyed to very interested. He rarely got to see such a fine specimen, even though he had been with quite a few women in his life. Most of em didn't have access to the sheltered lifestyle of a Noble, most likely.

"My, My. Usually, the tales regarding the beauty of a Princess are either greatly exaggerated or utterly false. Clearly, though, there are always exceptions... Aye, my wait was evidently worthwhile. However, 'fore I continue, I'd like us to take this inside. You know, a room with actual chairs and a roof. Keep your Guards about, if that's what makes ye feel safer."

Once they had made their way inside a more comfortable space, Varrick set himself on a chair opposite of the princess. The fact that she had Impressed was still visible, despite his best efforts to hide it, but then again, maybe he didn't care all that much about hiding it. Sure, he might not be able to Impress her with his looks... But he'd certainly try and Impress her with his Renown and Proficiency in Warfare.

"I'm sorry that I have to do this, Princess, but I ain't gonna sugarcoat it. I'm a stout believer in honesty, you see. So! You and your house have some very dark days ahead of ye. The Mercers are preparing to go to war, wanting to replace your father on the throne with one of theirs. The Brens hate your guts because you once upon a time used their pretty little islands as a prison, So they'll most likely want to go to war too. And the Quorse... While the least likely to go to war on their own, they will definitely support one of your rivals.

Varrick took pause, Giving Rosaria time to process all this new information. After a few moments of this silence, he spoke again: "But my house has soldiers too" You're probably thinking. "We will stop these enemies from even crossing the border" you think. Well, Wrong! Your army is a mess, with your infantry being poorly trained levies who barely know which end of a sword is the pointy one! Your cavalry? Half-Breed horses, Clumsy riders! And don't get me started on those peasant hunters you call archers! All the While, The Mercers field the best cavalry in the whole known world, and while thankfully their infantry ain't much better than yours, they can deploy four men where you can only field one. The Brens? Master Raiders, they control all the sea, and they have unsurpassed light and shock infantry."

He rose from his seat, aiming to finish his presentation with a thunderous point, However a trained eye would easily be able to spot that his posture lacked the usual Imposing aura it usually emanated. Particularly pretty things always had that effect on him, mucking up his concentration. Still, he carried on, hoping the princess wouldn't notice yet.

"Even if you don't know me, At least half the men of this Garrison will. Just ask around about the Ogre. I've been fighting ever since I could hold a blade. My company is battle-hardened. We replenish our own numbers from the prisoners of both the enemy and yours, turning what would've been a waste into gain for us. We can fight in the field and we can raid without ever engaging the enemy. Our name alone is enough to inspire fear to the wise. All of that, I came to offer to you... For a price rather modest. Surely, you're suspicious of me seemingly undercutting myself. No, I merely believe I can gain more than anything I could buy with a little more Gold.... And if you're to hire us, I'll have some specific requests.

For starters, I'd like to be given the Strands as a temporary hold to be able to more efficiently train my men and recruit. And secondly, I would like the ability to conscript prisoners from Vogual dungeons.

So, what'll it be, Princess? Will you hire me... or has this entire trip been a massive waste of time?"

Interacting: Rosaria( MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 )

Rosari_Vogaul.png
Rosaria Walked forward and looked to a guard before she noticed Varrick. "Who will I be seeing?" The guard looked to her. "The Ogre." The guard said as she and the guard stepped in she heard the greeting from him. She moved her blonde hair behind her ear her blue eyes transfixed on Varrick for a moment before giving a kind smile. She thought the ogre was a strange name but she did not particularly question it. He did appear to have some reason to be here of course. The guard stepped out of the way as she walked over to him. Hearing his greeting and she nodded.

"Well, it's not every day I get kind visitors like your self. Come in. I apologize for the wait I wasn't expecting anyone. I would have put on a nicer dress and finer jewelry for visitors." She commented as She looked to him. "Well, let's go inside then as you suggested." She said as she went with him accompanied by a few guards. She sighs. "Yes, I am sorry about the number of guards. I am not very well liked by other nobility or citizens. I blame my house. I was never in charge then." She said as she opened a door entering a room.

She sat down in an open seat waiting for him to speak of why he was here of course. She listens to him begin. "These decisions will possibly be changed in the future. But because of history with the mercers, I don't think its right for them to take the throne. I can be nice with them but there's a limit what they can take. But as for the Brens that was never my decision so the past is their grudge the new nobility has nothing to do with it now." She said answering his first statement as he hears him continue.

When she heard about the military of her kingdom and she sighed in the disappointment of that not being dealt with. "Well, there must be something that can be done. What type of military do you possess to help my house?" she asked as she noticed him stand up she had not heard him speak before so she did not expect anything out of the ordinary.

She heard him as he told a little bit about his skill. He had but raised to fight which interested her. Someone brave and worthy to help wield the army in battle. She heard about the prisoners she was slightly conflicted but his the prisoners fight for the cause they are not enemies. She stands as he was still standing.

"My house is crumbling, the army is falling apart and others may come for my head. I accept your Offer, Mr. Ogre. I hope my decision will not be my demise. I am putting you in charge of the armies. And your requests are boldly accepted. Please be careful with the prisoners though. I don't want any assassination attempts on me or the other nobles." She said as she held her hand out. "as of that I see no other barriers in our quest to save the Vogual house. Thank you." She said.

mentions: Athanas Athanas

Avon Lerith

"So, what you are just now telling me is that a man, a warrior, threatened you before demanding to see the Princess," Avon began, leveling his stare at the frightened guard before him. "and you let him?"
"Well, sir-"
"A yes or a no."
"Y-yes sir. But she is surrounded by guards-"
"She is surrounded by men who are regularly lax in their training, despite my best efforts. You should have come to me first. I will deal with you later." That being said, Avon hurried off to where the guard had told him the man and the Princess had settled for their meeting. Honestly, the rest of the guards were hilariously incompetent. Avon was beginning to wonder if they would hand the princess over to a mob, if only the mob asked.
He was going to have to stop going easy on them. They didn't seem able to get it through their thick skulls that, as a Vogaul, the Princess had no shortage of enemies. As captain of the Palace Guards, it was entirely his fault that this transgression had been allowed to take place. Hopefully no harm had been done.
As he came upon the door to the room the meeting was taking place in, he heard the Princess speak.
He paused at the door to listen, hearing her give control of her armies to the strange visitor. Briefly, Avon felt himself grow concerned at the thought of her being coerced, so he swiftly made his entrance.
As he examined the room, Avon found himself grateful that he had not drawn his sword. Everything appeared to be fine. So as he entered, he offered a bow to the Princess as greeting, and went to stand behind her. (Against the wall.) He was a bit on edge, but he knew it was not his place to speak.
He was merely a guard, not an advisor. Any misgivings he had regarding her decision had to be ignored. Still, he found himself "sizing up" the warrior, trying to work out whether or not he would be able to make any difference.

Tags: MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 Athanas Athanas
35794d6aa6e6a7cbe9d15b24fa44376f.jpg
Code by ~ ~ B e a u t y _ B e l l e

Last edited:
"I am Astrid, House of Quorse."
wl-op-5s.jpgLocation: House of Quorse in Alvina's chamber
Activity: Running her hand through her messy wavy hair
Interactions: Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver (Alvina)
Mention: N/A

Astrid let out an exaggerated sigh towards Alvina, and with that, she took Alvina up on the offer of sitting down. She took her seat on the bay window and looked out. Her ears perked up though when there was a mention of the king's reign coming to an end, "Yes...I have heard, it is all the kingdom talks about. Let alone the council," Astrid said as she ran a hand through her hair, untangling the knots and getting them ready for the bath that Eliza had prepared for her before she was called into Alvina's room.

"Yes, if this new ruler, whoever it shall be, will come into reign...if he has the same mindset as the old king, then we are doomed to some extent," Astrid said Alvina as she got up from the bay window and walked around the room slowly, allowing for her legs to stretch a little.

Astrid let out a sigh, though it was not like the other one she had done before. This sigh had more worry and uncertainty to it, "You know...I have written letters, for the future, to send out to all the houses. It is kind of like the House of Quorse opening its doors to the outside world and showing them that mages and creatures of all sorts who reside in Westnor are not much different from others. It is a banquet of unity, hopefully forming new alliances since we have none. None that we can fully trust, but it is risky, opening the doors to the outside. The reason for Westnor being what it is today is for protection of all creatures and mages who seek a safe haven." Astrid explained as she stopped in front of a couch across from Alvina and leaned forward on it, resting her arms on the edge of the chair.

"Call me crazy but I had a revelation that the near future calls for mages, and if we do not come out of the shadows with the acceptance of others, then the world is doomed," Astrid added as she stood up and walked around to sit on the couch that she had been previously leaning on.

Varrick listened attentively as the Princess responded to each of the points he had made. He was very surprised to realise that, unlike what he had expected, the Princess didn't treat him like a lowborn. She called him a "kind visitor", took his arguments seriously, responding to them rather than dismiss them as "Rumors spread by sellsword scum". No, she treated him as the expert on warfare that he was, and Varrick appreciated it tremendously. He also took note of how she didn't position herself above the other houses, but instead tried to understand their motives for attacking her own. While admirable for a noble, he couldn't help but feel as if though her desire for peace would ultimately prove more of an obstacle to further progress than anything else. Wanting to avoid war was one thing-trying to foolishly avoid war when everyone else clearly wants your head on a pike is totally another.

When she asked him about the quality of his troops, Varrick smiled: He had quite the Impressive warband. "We're seven hundred men strong as of now. Several months on the road have taught us how to set proper foraging parties, minimizing any possible war of attrition the enemy can inflict upon us. Patrols and good guard placement ensures no intruders can sabotage our camp. The boys have been trained to set up palisade walls every night. If we're given a week, a proper defensive line can be built. 450 of them are Regulars, medium spear infantry. They Know how to form a spear wall and a Schiltrom, which, trust me, ain't nearly as easy as you'd believe. The light infantry can serve as archers, and we're as far as I'm aware the only force to use orcs, the greatest shock infantry you've ever seen."

He saw another man enter and quietly stand beside the wall, his size almost matching Varrick's enormous bulk. He felt the other's eyes size him up, the way one would before a fight, and he turned his head to meet the newcomer. No scars on his face... Must've been one of them stuck up Knights who think that jousting and fighting are the same thing. Thankfully, before he was able to speak, the Princess also rose, and her graceful figure captivated his eyes once more. As she proceeded to accept his offer and proclaim his marshall, he couldn't conceal his smile. He put a fist up to his chest, a gesture of respect: "I've been called many a thing, Princess, But I'd appreciate if you called me by my name, Varrick. And I can promise you, you will not regret hiring me. I shall help you protect and secure your house from all those who'd seek to destroy it out of greed or hate, yet hide their intentions behind pretty words. Now, if you please could write up the official order, so that my authority is not constantly doubted. Oh, and I would like one more favor. I would like a council to be formed, to help better manage the realm. The roles of Chancellor, Steward, and Spymaster must be filled. I trust you know enough of your court to find the right people for each of these jobs. Αnd..." he stopped to ponder for a moment, trying to gauge what else might be needed. "Someone devoted and loyal to this house, not just to it's money. This might take a little more time... But I am confident you shall manage. I shall go now, make the arrangements with my company. I will be back in a few hours."

He was escorted out of the castle, where he found his band-mates waiting for him. "So, how'd it go? Are we finally in a job?"

Varrick laughed.
"Bow, Bow ye shits! Bow before the Marshall of House Vogual!"

Their cheering and laughing was more than audible as they headed back to their camp, causing an even greater degree of alarm amongst the peasants.

Interactions: Princess Rosaria, ( MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 )

Avon ( Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver )

Rosari_Vogaul.png
Rosaria treated others she did not understand or know as equals. Rumors were Rumors and were never necessarily true. She didn't want to disrespect someone if those rumors were just false lies after all. She was sure this man had her plenty of ugly rumors about her himself. She had noticed he was surprised by her at first so he must have heard something about her it would seem. She was grateful for his help since she didn't know the first thing about rebuilding an army. She was trying to understand how her house messed up so badly with the others. It had frustrated her with the foolishness of the others before her trying to fight others who had at first had no motives until her house gave them one.

She was very pleased with this mans army. It had seemed she had made the correct decision to put a man as he in charge who had the right experience. She heard the numbers and those were plenty, she needed all the help she could get to push the greedy Mercers and brens back who wanted to take away her only home. That's the only thing that frustrated her she could never imagine a Mercer sitting on the throne, maybe a Payne but never in the history of the house of Vogual a Mercer sitting there.

She looked to see one of the head guards come in. She was well aware of his presence having seen him around the castle. It seemed the man she had talked to had noticed as well. She had decided her mind made up to give this man a chance. She saw him smile and put his fist to his chest it seemed quite respectful and slightly cute even if the man had scares on his face he showed only kindness and helpfulness toward her house and her especially. "Varrick. well, I bet you would seem to like that better than me calling you Ogre." She wanted to say more about his character and attitude but decided to wait on that considering she just met this guy and didn't want him to feel yet she took interest in him mostly not by his appearance but his kindness and character. "Document please scribe.." A young servant came up and placed a document in front of them. "I hereby proclaim you Marshal of the Vogual house." She said as she was given a feathered pen and she signed her signature neatly. Rosaria Vogual IV in very clear and neat print.

She then spoke about the chancellor, steward, and spymaster. "The Paynes have been very loyal to the house of Vogual I am Sure lord Payne would love a position from all the hard work he has done for my house." She sighs and glances toward one of the head guards think quietly. "I need time to think of the others, but I am sure my head guard Sir Lerith would be honored of an opportunity." She said as she handed him the document mostly rambling of who she could think of. "So, as of the last person I can trust I am not quite sure. If you have time please help me with that when you are not busy with the army." She said.

Mentions: Athanas Athanas , Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver , Lunar Lunar

Avon Lerith

Avon watched the bandit leader speak with the princess, and was both relieved and annoyed with the way he was looking at her. There was a certain...admiration there that made Avon feel the leader was less likely to betray the Princess. Which was good. But admiration could be a dangerous thing. Either way, Avon would keep a close eye on him.
After the bandit leader, apparently known as Varrick, left, Avon stepped forward.
"Your majesty, it is not my place to question your decisions, though I am concerned. So little is known of this man, and what is known is not pleasant to hear." Avon expressed, keeping his head bowed. To be honest, he had heard very little of Varrick and his merry band. However, placing your faith in a group of people who could be bought didn't sit well with him. He knew it was wrong to speak out of turn, but he could not help himself.
"Speaking as the head of your guard, I fear for your safety." He informed her. "I would ask you to allow me to increase your security detail."

Tags: MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023
35794d6aa6e6a7cbe9d15b24fa44376f.jpg

Alvina Quorse

Alvina watched her friend walk around the room as she spoke, nodding several times throughout Astrid's speech.
"Invite others into Westnor..." Alvina repeated, looking down as she thought. Even to Alvina, it seemed dangerous...but Astrid was right. There was much unrest in the Kingdom. If the mages wanted to secure a safe place in this world, they could no longer afford to ignore everyone else. Eventually, their silence would draw attention.
"We would have to be strict on security." Alvina muttered before she turned to Astrid smiling. "You are right, though. We can't keep this neutrality forever. It isn't sustainable. It's a good idea, my friend."
Alvina always thought that she'd keep others out of Westnor until mages were accepted everywhere, but that was unrealistic.
"Have the other members of the council approved this?" Alvina questioned, though she was fairly certain she already knew the answer.

Tags: sprouhtt sprouhtt
forgotten_melody_by_selenada.jpg

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 582461 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Linota Mercer & Kilian Sloan[/div]
Between the Mercers, the young sellsword couldn’t manage to get a single word in. Granted there were several armed men as well as perhaps one of the most powerful Lords in Auverand enforcing his silence. Though perhaps the most surprising consequence of this already surprising morning was the sudden position his debauchery had thrust him in. Training Mercer men? Living here, In Millhold, with said Mercer men. As confused guards approached and freed the equally confused mercenary, the red haired lad shot a look of both concern and frustration to his female counterpart across the room. Of anyone in this bloody city Linota knew him the best, he couldn’t be restrained this way! His life was supposed to be him an Argo, attacking the plains, his weapon held high against whatever the realm had for him. Not... a captive officer of the Mercer army.

A sigh of relief escaped Kilians lips as the tightrope fell from his wrists and chest, releasing at least one cause of anxiety. He stood to his feet, his body responding close to its usual levels of capability. “M’Lord, I’m a mercenary, an orphan from Clayshire. I can’t possibly train your army,” the brigand reasoned, hoping to somehow get out of this ridiculous situation. Lord Mercer stopped in his tracks, one hand resting on the handle of the old oak door. A smile draped onto his lips, a knowing glance resting on his face. With a slight turn over his shoulder, the peppered lord quirked a brow. “Well then, mercenary,” A chuckle rumbled from the depths of his chest, hefty shoulders shrugging up and down. “It looks like you have nothing to get back to. If I find you’ve wasted your time with my men, then so be it. Have it be fair payment for you wasting mine to come down here.” With that, Linota’s father exited the old ale house, along with the two men who had accompanied him.

As the door slammed shut, the eldest Mercer girl jumped just slightly, as if the sound had woken her from a deep sleep. With a sheepish grin, she too shrugged her shoulders and folded her hands, rocking back on her heels with a sigh. “Well eh… welcome to Millhold, Kilian.” The fiery lad massaged the rope-burn from his wrist, looking back to Linota with a confounded expression. “I must say this was not the next adventure I was expecting,” his eyes widened for a moment with exasperation. He took a few steps towards the door, his hands falling to his sides. Just as he almost reached the door, a thought occurred to the free-spirited brigand. He spun on his heel, pointing to the door over his shoulder, a sheepish grin on his face “I don’t know where the hell I’m going. Could you?” Linota rolled her eyes for the millionth time that day, slinging the tattered sea-green riding cloak over her shoulder and tying it’s tassels around her neck.

Gently pushing past the fire haired lad, she swiftly walked to her stallion Kilian in tow, pulling down the stirrups and hoisting herself on. It was no secret that Linota was a small girl, her frame lithe and generously muscled, but atop this massive mount, she looked to be no bigger than a twig. Maud was an extremely built horse, muscles threatening to bulge from skin every which way, and to be fair, the stallion had a talent for making anything look tiny. “I suppose I should show you the town first, let ya see where you’ll be living for the next few moons.” Her words were easily paired with a smile, turning to push her horse towards the beaten dirt trail that led back to her keep. Wandering eyes grazed over the plains that surrounded Millhold as silence fell onto the pair, restless leather creating the only noise besides some sharp, frigid breaths. “It’s a bit different from an adventure,” Linota’s words were heavy, as if she knew the statement held too many truths. “But it isn’t a terrible place. The people are friendly, the men are hard working. Honor means a lot to the people of Millhold.” Kilian winced at her last words, “Unfortunately I’m not very honorable man,” he said with a soft chuckle. The sellsword had tried to bring a modicum of honor to the honorless profession, though he doubted the masses would notice or care. Having trailed behind the eldest Mercer for a few meters, the Clayshire boy rode Argo up next to Maud and his rider. The buckskin was a bit smaller than the ex-calvary, though the two beasts seemed to be getting along almost as well as their owners.

“So, tell me about the men, their training,” the lad questioned, examining the the city streets finding himself more and more appreciative of the landscape around him, thinking perhaps it wouldn’t be such a bad time.”They are… extremely willing,” Linota nodded to herself, as though the words would suffice. “By no means soldiers, little training, but loyalty to their keep and the Mercers. They pick up weapons when needed, whether they know how to use them or not.” The tawny haired girl sighed, though her defeated expression was quickly replaced with a wide smile as two young boys along with three girls cane rushing up to Maud’s side, the horse lowering his head to greet the children. All of them looked up to the keep’s daughter with wide, adoring eyes, grins planted firmly on their faces.

“Hello Lady Linota,” A blonde boy cooed, petting her horse’s nose while the rest played around the stallion’s legs. The Mercer girl giggled, leaning down to straighten the lad’s hair. “Hello to you Lord Derrick. Where’s your mum?” As if on cue, a woman dressed in a lavender linen dress with a white apron overtop came bustling out with a basket of flowers and fruits, the children flocking to her. “My apologies m’lady, they do just love you,” Linota waved a hand, shaking her head. “It’s not a problem Ms. Marleen, they’re welcome to coddle the big oaf any time,” She made sure to give a good rub to her horse’s neck to pair the statement before gesturing towards Kilian. “Ms. Marleen, this is Lord Kilian, he’s a guest of my family. He’ll be training some of our men to help better defend Millhold.” Linota gave the sellsword a grin, though the harvester on foot offered a laugh instead. Gingerly, she handed Linota a single white flower, as she always did at the sight of the girl. “Well Lord Sloan, I do wish you the best of luck. They’re good men, honest men, without a clue of how to properly swing a sword or shoot a bow. I swear, by the Gods, Lady Linota here has a better chance of striking an arrow through a buck than any of these lazy lugs.” Kilian recoiled at the interaction, the genuine kindness of it all being completely foreign to him. He couldn’t help but stare at Linota, finding all the qualities her father has listed to be true. A true woman of the people. Curious that the only woman Kilian had ever thought deserved the name Lady denied the title. “Does she now?” The amber mercenary said, shooting a teasing glance at Linota. As she fiddled with the flower in her hand he laughed, his interest in her growing steadfast. “Many thanks miss,” he said, switching his gaze back to the woman who gave him a heartwarming grin before gathering the children to allow the two gingers on their way. As the kids were herded back inside by Ms. Marleen Kilian picked up a smug smirk and looked at his companion “You do realize I’m no lord?” A snicker fell from rose lips at the statement, Linota gesturing him to continue to follow. “You are now. All trainers are Lords in Millhold, therefore so are you.” She smiled generously at the man before continuing throughout the city, many more civilians coming up to greet her and hand her flowers or apples, the saddle bag to her side filled with her given treasures.

The Mercer girl continued to introduce the man beside her, hoping that the people would welcome the newcomer with open arms, and so far that seemed to be the case. Passing the last ale house in town, after having shown Kilian the butchers, introducing him to the seamstresses, and the farmers, they were finally to the old, overgrown training grounds. Weeds stuck this way and that, some fences were broken and dummies falling apart, and yet, it still held lots of promise. “You’ll be needing to hook up a horse to the plow, clean the rounds,” Hands folded and fell to the front of her saddle, eyes looking around before settling on a quaint home that rested in the back of the grounds. She nodded towards it, eyes catching the sunlight as Linota turned to face Kilian. “I’ll have a few maids bring down fresh linens and clean the place up, but those are captain’s quarters. Hasn’t been used in many-a battle, but it’s strong and keeps warm in the winters. Fresh firewood will be brought by often, Leonard makes the rounds in the morn’ and at sun’s highest.”

Kilian looked at the shoddy field before him, a conflicting sense of imprisonment and excitement rushing over him. In all the seasons his life had spanned the red-haired lad had never had anything to call his own, save his blade and his horse, the ladder of which he liked to think was a free spirit which chose to ride with Kilian over a sense of kinship. As the swordsman stared at the grounds he saw such potential, something longing to rise out of the ashes. A smile crept across the boy’s face as it turned to face Linota. When he did, and he saw how her face took in the sun with such grace, soft freckled skin accepting the rays with open arms, he couldn’t help but let out a soft laugh. “You’re a curious woman Linota.” Kilian’s gaze shifted to the ground, his horse treading restlessly. “Lord Kilian Sloan,” the words had a comedic edge to them as his eyes sought out hers again. “It doesn’t sound so bad now does it?”

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: With One Another, Lord Mercer, Townsflock| Written with Lemercer Lemercer | Located: Around Milhold
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]582455[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting:
Mentioned: txlos txlos
Located: Millhold training rounds

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

Chill winter air made visible the red-head's heavy breaths. He was oddly thankful for the cold, though it forced him in to wearing warmer clothing. The mercenary had shed his usual leather armor in favor of a thick linen shirt accompanied by a deer-hide vest, paired with some kind of thick cloth pants. The clothing was much higher quality than the brigand had ever the luxury of wearing in previous winters, though he had the Mercer's to thank for the linens. Their maids and arrived at dawn that morning to tidy the place and bring his current attire, another service of his new position which was completely foreign to him. Linota was truthful when she noted the land's potential, and it was this potential that had Kilian working it at such an early hour. It was perhaps a few hours before midday and the new Lord was atop a new mount trailing behind him an aged plow, the steed he rode this morning was one of the Mercer families work horses, a grey, muscle ridden stallion name Rogan. Argo, having not been too keen of having a plow attached to him, was sitting in the single stable box by the captains quarters. Though Kilian felt perfectly at home sitting on the steel horse, seeing as Rogan had the same stubborn attitude as his usual companion. "Come on now, not but half the field left" the sellsword said the the stallion in a firm, low tone, many years of dealing with Argo's stubborn attitude helping the new pair get along.

There was plenty of work to be done around the grounds, repair of the sword dummies, painting of target boards and the repair of fencing. Though it all seemed to encourage Kilian, giving him a chance to make the place truly his own, despite it being another's land as well as a pseudo-prison. As he and Rogan trotted along the field, cutting overgrown weeds and grass down to length, the sun began to peek past the grey clouds which covered the sky, a welcome presence in the winter's day. Amber eyebrows scrunched together on the lad's face as he gazed up at the sky "about time you stubborn thing.." he mumbled to the deaf sky. When he had looked back to the field, he noticed a rider coming up the gravel road that lead to the training grounds. The familiar blood bay and emerald cloak told him exactly who it was, and the figure's presence was almost as welcome as the sun. "Stay boy" he ordered gently to the salt and pepper horse, patting Rogan's strong neck as he swung a leg over the saddle and landed in overgrown grass. He stomped across the green, the outline of the eldest mercer becoming clearer now though he still shaded his eyes from the sun's rays as he approached her. "Can't stay away m'lady?" he teased, coming within a few meters proximity of the ginger girl, her soft features and gentle smile coming in to view.​

[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] Background:url(https://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/2377/2377409-bigthumbnail.jpg); Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:20px; background-color:#fbe7d1; Color:Black; //the solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border all your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#142740; padding:5px;color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 15% - 20px); //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:10px SOLID #fbe7d1; border-bottom:5px SOLID #fbe7d1; width:15%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #142740; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:5px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"] [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"]
"Don't flatter yourself," Linota chuckled as she tied her reins in a smooth knot, swinging her leg to the side and hopping down from Maud's high back. The horse gave a slight whinny at the sight of red-haired man, nudging his nose at the lad which made the Mercer girl give a bright grin. It was obvious that her stallion was beginning to take a liking to the lad, just as his owner had.

Taking a sweeping gaze around the yard, it was obvious the progress that was already being made, the grounds beginning to see bare dirt instead of twisting weeds, a few fences already up in repair, even Argo seemed happy in his personal paddock, away from the other horses. "You look as though you've got it figured out," Linota nodded, hugging her infamous emerald cloak tighter around her petite figure. Beneath it, she adorned a green corset and skirt that laid over a white linen dress that hung just barely off of her shoulders. The whites of the fabric were heavy, the green riding skirt over top even more so, shielding the gusts of winter wind that threatened to bite at exposed skin. Though she wasn't the only one dressed for the coming cold. "And it looks like lordship is taking to you quite nicely. In fact I think my own maid sewed that vest," A teasing tone dripped from the words, though it was all in good fun. Leaning against Maud's shoulder, the fire haired girl sighed, the overcast coming back to shield the sun's rays. "Hows about you give ol' Rogen a break before he bucks yer' arse off and come help me in the stables, there's something I think you'll find interesting." Linota strode over to the flea bitten horse, the massive stallion's eyes seeming to light up at her presence. Impatiently, the mount stamped his feet, nudging towards the girl before pushing his massive head into her chest. A laugh spilled from the Mercer girl's lips, hands rubbing over the horse's forehead and between his ears, the impatient horse almost falling asleep as he continued to push into his owner's body.

"I know love, the mean man is working you too hard," A smirk shot it's way at Kilian before she pecked a kiss to the horse's nose, giving him another pat on the neck before turning to face her family's guest, the new captain of Millhold's defenses. It was odd, and out of place, for her to think of how well the title seemed to fit the man before her. Lord Kilian Sloan, captain of defenses. While he was no Lord truly, of no great house or hold, something about him grabbed the attention of the young highborn. Never before, in her twenty two summers, had Linota ever taken the slightest interest in a man, for the ones that her father brought home were all so boorish or self-centered, none knowing how to get down to the level of their subject of get their hands dirty and calloused. Kilian was the opposite... and it was a welcomed, refreshing change of scenery. She knew that one way or another, Kilian would have a great effect on the people of Millhold.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Millhold Training Grounds
[/div][/div]

582800Durthu the Dweller
Westnor, The Quorse House
Mentions: Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver
Durthu walked slowly down the mountain road heading ever so closer towards the Quorse hold. His rootlike tail swept back and forth behind him while his smaller set of arms fidgeted with one another in anticipation. In his years of travel, Durthu thought he learned all he could about humans but just a couple years ago he learned of mages and wanted to find them. Durthu learned quickly the disdain many humans have for mages much like the disdain they have for dwellers.
The sight of the hold drew his attention away from his thought towers drew higher into the sky then any tree could hope to reach, this left Durthu in a feeling of aw of the craftsmanship. Picking up his pace Durthu marched closer to the front gate until eventually, the two armored men saw him approaching. When Durthu was close enough that the guards could see he wasn't human one walked out to meet Durthu.
"Greetings...what? Uhm are you a Dweller?" The human soldier asked nervously while keeping one hand on his weapon in a none threatening manner.
"Are you mage?" Durthu questioned the man while leaning down to meet him eye to eye and observe the human closer to see if there was a difference between a human and a mage like most humans suggested.
"I'm Thomas, I uh Gaurd the gate?" Thomas the human soldier answered in a confused manner he did not know much about dwellers and was intimidated by this one. At this point, the other gate guard walked up to the pair and whispered to Thomas.
"Do...do we let him in?"
"I don't know! How many dwellers have we ever seen! They are elusive and rare and this tree just walks up on our doorstep!" Thomas said turning towards the other guard putting his back to Durthu. Durthu leaned back standing up straight while giving the two human guards time to discuss what they plan on doing, but the conversation between the two was going on for a long time which caused Durthu to look at the walls. Looking back at the humans they had completely forgotten about him and Durthu walked up to the wall next to the gate observing the craftsmanship, Durthu put one of his big hands on the wall running his hands down the many small cracks on the wall feeling the long-forgotten history of the wall.
"Besides we don't even know his name!" Thomas proclaimed while turning back to where Durthu was standing a couple of minutes ago.
"...where did he go?" the other guard sheepishly croaked out while looking away from Quorse, Thomas looked back at the gate and saw Durthu standing next to the wall.
"Go find lady Alvina, she will judge upon this matter, ill distract the tree," Thomas said in a loud sigh walking towards Durthu and leading him away from the front gate long enough for the other guard to slip inside and go find Lady Alvina.

Alvina Quorse

Alvina had just finished posing her question to Astrid when a frantic knock was heard.
"Come in?" She called, a bit alarmed. She was rarely visited by others when in her chambers.
A guard opened the door, looking both apologetic and alarmed. "There's a...situation at the gates."
Alvina immediately straightened up, although internally she wondered why her parents had not been alerted. "Are we under attack?"
"Well, no...but..." He started, answering Alvina's question about why her parents had not been alerted. Visitors to Westnor were more her department.
"Have you asked what this person wants?" She questioned, calming down a bit.
"...No..."
Alvina sighed heavily. "Okay. I'll go down there. Is it a human?"
"It's a Dweller." The guard answered, offering a short bow. "Thank you."
That really caught Alvina's interest. Dwellers were fascinating creatures, really, and Alvina was excited to meet this one.
"Well, Astrid, this matter seems rather trivial. It shouldn't take too long to clear up. I invite you to join me or wait here." Alvina told her friend, offering her a smile before exiting the room. Of course, Astrid was also free to go do her own thing, but Alvina hardly felt she needed to be invited to do that.
The guard led her to the gate as quickly as possible, though at least 10 minutes had passed since he had first left.
"Thank you, I'll deal with it from here." She told the guard as he opened the gate just enough to let her out.

She immediately set her gaze upon the large, tree like creature. "Well, hello there. What brings you to Westnor?" She asked amiably.

Tags: sprouhtt sprouhtt Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen

War camps are very seldom peaceful places, but the War Camp hailing to 'The Ogre' was particularly wild. Men who were disciplined on on the battlefield ran like wild animals here among the small city of tents and fire pits. It was only natural. Brothel girls from the nearest inn wandered in between the tent tapestries merchants did they best to sell their goods, though generally they ended up being pick pocketed and robbed by the very men they sought to swindle. Joy-full warriors drank and sang with each other while their sober comrades looked on in dismay. After all, not everyone could sit around having a good time. This was still a war camp, and there were still responsibilities here. Even if the common footmen didn't realize it yet, there was still work to be done. None knew this better than Tovelson Stonebeard, the fiery Dwarf who typically controlled anything that even remotely resembled engineering. He may not be the strongest member of 'The Ogre's war band, but you'd be hardpressed to find a more brilliant mind in all of Auverand.

Tovelson stood tall, as tall as Dwarf could anyways, overlooking one of his numerous projects. Before him were scattered materials, gears, scraps, ropes, and all manner of supplies. The burly Orcs moving the supplies consistently dropped things here and there, making a bigger mess than they needed too. Orcs were strong, there was no denying that, but they were about as dumb as they come. All Bronze, no Brain.

"Quit makin' a feckin' mess! Pick all this shite up and put it away right!" Tovelson barked, holding his hammer up above his head as if he were about to strike. The Orcs seemed to ignore Tovelson for the most part, but they were quickly corrected. Tovelson was not large, he was not particularly intimidating, but he didn't hesitate to commit violence. A few metal gears, thrown at the thick-skulled Orcs and they scattered like roaches.

Varrick, The Ogre, may have been the scariest man in the camp. But Tovelson was much more likely to hit you than Varrick. Restraint wasn't something he practiced often. "Where the feckin' hell do yeh think yeh goin'!" Tovelson yelled as the Orcs disappeared to the relative safety of their tents. Normally Tovelson would've ran in after them, wielding his forge hammer like it was a battle axe. The Orcs lucked out this time though. Tovelson didn't have time to go hunting down laborers, Varrick would be back from Bellguard soon, and if things went well, the whole camp could very well be on the move soon. "Feckin' arse lickers. Tie their sacks to a feckin horse and watch it run..." He grumbled to himself before setting about picking up the scattered supplies and placing them in their designated spots. Tovelson was neat if nothing else. The task didn't take long. The Orcs had done all of the heavy lifting, all Tovelson really had to do was organize. The bits and pieces of timber and steel belonged to what would eventually become a sort of trebuchet, though built smaller and more maneuverable. Tovelson couldn't claim to be the inventor of the catapult, but he'd sure as hell improve upon the idea.

As they day grew old and sunlight was replaced by torchlight, Tovelson found himself just outside his tent with a thick pipe pressed between his lips. His eyes, sharp like arrow points, watched the drunken footmen stumble about camp. No doubt they'd all regret their decisions come morning.

"Who let a child in da camp?" The words mumbled from a drunk mans lips, his eyes glazed over but undoubtedly looking at the Dwarf sat outside his tent. The Moment he had spoke, the men closest suddenly grew silent, turning their attention towards the little bearded man who was just now standing up.

Tovelson stood from his little chair, picking up the heavy forge-hammer he typically carried around with him and holding it loosely with both of his hands. With his pipe still held between his lips, he cocked his head to the side as if he were surprised. "Yeh dumb, pig-nosed, shite-faced, son-of-a-whore!" The little man spat. By now the Drunk Man's friends had abandoned him, backing away quickly. "Does me beard make me look like a feckin' child to you, or does yeh just think me a bit short!? Think you's with yeh big feckin' legs is so great, yeah? All tall and mighty yeh are, right!?" Tovelson continued, coming to stand just in front of the drunk man. He stood there for a moment, just looking up at the confused drunk. "Feck yeh and yeh long feckin' legs!" The hammer came quick as a pouncing Wildecat, its head slamming in the drunk's kneecaps with a bonechilling crack!

His legs buckled, understandably so, and the poor sod fell to the dirt. "Not so feckin' tall now, yeah!?" Tovelson yelled down at the man, spitting on him and kicking dust and horse shit up. "Thats what I thought!"

Interactions; Open
Location; The Ogre's War Camp

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.47.12 PM.pngLocation: Westnor Gates
Activity: Meeting a Dweller w/ Alvina
Mention: Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen

Astrid tried to look for Alvina's facial expressions to see what she thought about with the whole ordeal of having outsiders step foot into Westnor. Astrid was great at reading facial expressions, some say it was a way for her to pick out the liars and dissevers who tried to go against her or her teachings. She gently touched her crystal that was hooked on a silver chain around her neck and smiled at Alvina, "Do not worry, I have my ways of dealing with people who disrupt order in Westnor." She told Alvina as she lifted the crystal necklace and brought it to her lips and kissed it gently. "I do wonder how the prisoners are doing in there, it has been weeks since I have checked up on them," Astrid muttered to herself as she brought the crystal back down from her lips and let out a sigh. Astrid would trap her prisoners, traitors and other people who mean harm in her crystal and it is very rare for her to grant them freedom without a price. What may be the price? We are not sure, but we are led to believe that people have gone through great lengths to free themselves by offering whatever information that they have cultivated throughout the year and if it serves her purpose or an inch towards her goal, then she may consider their freedom. She has only granted one prisoner his freedom, but nobody has ever heard of where the prisoner has gone too. Some say he just disappeared and never looked back, while others say that she had something to do with his disappearance. Who knows, rumours are rumours right? Astrid ran her hand through her hair one last time before sitting up straight when a guard came in through the door with the permission of Alvina.

She listened closely, she was not truly phased with what he had to say about the situation at the gates, how there was a 'guest' who wanted to come forth. But what shocked her neck was when he spoke of the word dwellers. They have not been seen for years, what could this outside dweller possibly want with Westnor, let alone Quorse?

Before Astrid could respond to Alvina's proposal of joining her or not, she had already left with the guard, leaving Astrid sitting on the couch thinking. Well, that is marvellous. God this woman can move quick, I am too exhausted to walk all the way down. Might as well teleport myself there. Astrid thought to herself, as she looked around and got up in a rather exaggerated way while yawning.

"Now what were the words again?" Astrid said out loud as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Lacus Portas

Astrid closed her eyes as she focused on the spell and repeated it multiple times and envisioned the gates of Westnor. In a matter of minutes, she arrived outside, right when Alvina had just made it out. But for Astrid, she had transported right in front of the gates. "Good spirit, I have got to get some rest," she said as the guard opened the gate just a little bit, enough for Alvina to slip through.

Astrid did the same as well and stood right behind Alvina, she knew that Alvina had been there first and did not want to overstep her boundaries, so she allowed Alvina to speak first to the rather large and tall creature.

Last edited:
583528Durthu the Dweller
Westnor, The Quorse House
Interactions: Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver sprouhtt sprouhtt
While the one guard left to grab lady Alvina, Thomas stayed in order to keep an eye on the dweller before electing to go inside the gate. Truth be told Durthu was keeping himself entertained as the dweller saw a small rodent on the ground and was drawn towards it. Durthu lowered himself onto the ground kneeling in front of the rat and he offered his smaller hand out to the rat while making clicking noises. Durthu's tail swept back and forth on the road kicking up a little dirt before the rat walked onto his hand and up to his arm, the rat eventually made its way onto Durthu's shoulder while he stood back up. Durthu tucked his smaller set of arms against his torso and tried to get the rats attention with the bigger set of arms.
After Durthu was done getting to know his new pet the sound of the gate opening caused him to turn back towards the Quorse hold. Two women roughly the same height as one another but significantly smaller then Durthu came out from behind the gate.
"Well, Hello there. What brings you to Westnor," the first girl spoke in a pleasant manner causing Durthu to look her up and down like this was his first time seeing a little girl, he gathered that she must be someone of importance in the Quorse hold but she looked perfectly normal and human, just as the girl behind her did. Durthu was disappointed a little bit, he had heard countless rumors of mages being these horrible creatures akin to monsters. He had heard of tales of mages stealing people away in the night and torturing them but before Durthu was just two small girls. Durthu approached the two girls rather quickly and confidently causing one of the guards to draw his sword and point it at the Dweller.
"Mani naa lle doing!" Durthu said raising all four of his arms in a defensive manner not intending to attack the guard but to protect himself.
"Durthu mean no harm! Tales tell of Mages being monsters! Worse then Dwellers. Hini, not Mages, they are human." Durthu said kinda disappointed while pointing at the two girls and chastising the guard for drawing his sword.

[class=base] background:white; width:90%; margin:10px auto; padding:10px; //Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design,// //these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. // //These comments put be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know. // //Long URls are images// //# followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes// //the only color named by its name is White// //this is the white background// //or the base of the design// [/class] [class=hidden] display: none; //this allows all the content I don't want to be seen until clicked to be hidden, or not on display until I code otherwise// [/class] [class=Img] border:2px solid #000000; line-height:0px; margin-left:5px; pointer-events:none; //the border around the Image// [/class] [class=ImagButton] background:#AA0101; border-radius:5px; margin:0px Auto;margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; text-align:center; float:left; font-family:Book Antiqua; color:White; //The red buttons above the Images// [/class] [class name=ImagButton state=hover] cursor:pointer; Background-color:#48107E; color:red; //what the Imagebutton looks like// // when a cursor hovers over it// [/class] [class=ImagButtonClick] background:#330B5A; border-radius:5px; margin:10px Auto; margin-right:5px; padding:5px; float:left; Width:70%; color:white; //what the image button looks like when clicked on// [/class] [script class=ImagButton on=click] removeClass ImagButtonClick ImagButton addClass ImagButtonClick //above allows the user to toggle between a clicked and non-clicked colored button// set link (getText) //above sets the link to what ever text I put on the button within a div// if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Head) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (show Image) if (eq "${link}" "Currently") (hide Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Head) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Tags) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (show Current) if (eq "${link}" "Image") (hide Image) // So this more or less translates to// //if the div has the text "Currently" in it it's set as a link and when clicked it will hide the Head class (my image) and show the Tags class and the class named Image (the new button)// //oh and below
means to put a break in the code, like pressing the enter button. it's necessary since the beginning means no breaks unless other wise told with that br code// //for anyone who doesn't know// [/script]

[div class="Desktop base" style="color:black;"]
[div class="Current ImagButton" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Currently
[div class="Image ImagButton hidden" style="Margin-left:15px;"]Image[/div]

[div class="Img Head"]583536[/div] [div class="Tags hidden" style="margin-left:5px;"]Interacting:
Mentioned: txlos txlos
Located: Millhold training rounds

[/div]
KILIAN SLOAN

Lordship. The notion made the Clayshire native nauseous. At the mercer girl's compliment he recalled the moment he donned the new garments, the oddity of seeing himself in fine linens. He was grateful for her encouragement, the whole experience was insanely foreign. Within days Kilian had gone from a lowly sell-sword to a Captain owning titles and lands, responsibility expanding beyond his individual to an entire city, a reality not yet settled in to his mind. "Aye, I think I could use a break from him just as much." The lad said, nodding to the stubborn grey, which earned him a exasperated neigh from the horse. It still astounded him how nurturing Linota was towards her animals, treating each of them as a mother treats a child, carrying a calming countenance with her every step. It further surprised him how such a effect extended beyond the steeds to the citizens, and even to himself. "You can say it all you like, i'm still no lord" he said with a laughing grin, the idea of using the title in reference to himself still humorous to him.

Kilian took a few strides towards the pair who seemed as comfortable with eachother as a tree in good soil, taking in his hands Rogan's reins for was less than pleased to be being taken away from his source of affection. "Let me get Argo and we can ride on down to the stables" he said with a bit of excitement, the stables being one of the few places he actually enjoyed so far in the hold. As he began to lead Rogan back towards the captains paddock to exchange with the buckskin, Kilian looked towards the eldest mercer "You know, other than your father, I don't think I know a thing about you Mercers" the realization had only come to him when he realized he knew more Mercer horses than actual Mercers. The ginger lad stopped as he was a few feet from the stable and went to work freeing Rogan of the field plow he had been tugging all morning, gently brushing the steel steed's flanks with subtle thanks.​

[/div] Code by @AgWordSmith[/div]

[div class=container][div class=image] [div class=title]Diana Fairelan [div class=line][/div] [div class=lil]the fire elemental[/div][/div] [div class=b][div class=lilimage][/div][/div][/div] [div class=info] [div class=post][div class=scroll](I'm concluding this real fucking fast because the more I procrastinate the harder my block becomes.) Diana had not expected anyone to come to her aid, much less a female mercenary. If they weren't about to get killed by a giant Wildecat, perhaps the blonde would've had more time to appreciate the strength this stranger had to offer.

Of course, her attention did not stay for long. The Wildecat had managed to toss her strange savior like she was a rag doll. The force of which had her cringing as one of the Wildecat's claws managed to swipe through her arm as well, causing a nasty gnash. Though, Diana shouldn't be complaining. That stranger had gotten the brute force of that hit.

Then came the sudden spear which had Diana moving. Not being a close range fighter, she naturally ran in the other direction of the Wildecat, wanting to get to a safe distance. Seeing how the spear had wedged into the beast's side, Diana, like Krugar, had assumed it to be dead. The life of another was more important than the death of a monster. Diana had went over to Siv to see to her wounds, but being an elemental with no healing magic, the best she could do was cauterize some of the major cuts---at least, only at a surface level to stop the bleeding.

"Sorry, this is going to hurt a bit," Diana had warned, removing the woman's armor to reach her wound. Just as she was about to finish, she heard metal clanging behind her. Turning around, she saw that the Wildecat hadn't been defeated after all.

"Stubborn beast," she cursed under her breath, getting up to chant lowly under her breath. Her eyes closed as she focused power into her hands. The air around her dried, prickling one's skin and drying the leaves and grass around her.

"Move! Unless you wish to be burnt to a coal," Diana shouted at the man fighting the Wildebeast. Given how he was trapped, trying his best not to get devoured by the Wildecat, there was not much he nor Diana could do. Still, she could not contain the growing bomb in her hands for long. With a final yell, Diana shot a large blast of fire into the Wildecat's side, doing her best to avoid its mouth where Marick was. Though she would've much preferred to aim for the head, unless she wanted to kill Marick as well, that was not an option. She could only hope the blast was strong enough to kill it. Though Marick would not be experiencing the brunt of the attack, with his close proximity, his skin would likely burn from the heat.

As the intense flames faded slowly into a flicker, Diana collapsed to her knees, a bit winded from that huge blow. Did she do it? Was it dead? Taking a moment to regain her breath, she saw that the Wildecat laid unmoving on its side. Every part of it was scorched black with flames.

"Well then," she said a bit shakily as she got up to her feet. "I guess this means we've won."
[/div][/div] [div class=pos][div class="round1 round"][/div] . [div class="round2 round"][/div] . [div class="round3 round"][/div] [div class=stats]mood: exhausted | mentions: none| interaction: everyone fighting the Wildecat | location: forest [/div][/div][/div][/div] [div class=c]@undine[/div] [class=container]height: 340px; width: 500px; padding: 10px; margin: auto; background: #E7D4A0 [/class] [class=image]height: 100%; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e7/73/a6/e773a6061a1d74e641c8f8255fa73618.jpg); background-size: 150%; background-position: 55% 90% [/class] [class=title]position: relative; top: 15px; left: 190px; width: 230px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 20px; color: #bc4060 [/class] [class=line]height: 1px; width: 100%; background: #5a1527 [/class] [class=lil]position: relative; width: 96%; text-align: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; text-transform: lowercase; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #202020; [/class] [class=b]position: relative; left: 420px; top: -45px; height: 65px; width: 65px; padding: 5px; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; border: 1px solid #5a1527 [/class] [class=lilimage]height: 100%; width: 100%; border-radius: 0px 100px 100px 100px; background-image: url(http://bestanimations.com/Nature/Flora/beautiful-flower-animated-gif13.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 30% [/class] [class=info]position: relative; left: 190px; top: -245px; height: 245px; width: 310px [/class] [class=post]height: 200px; width: 103%; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=scroll]height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; text-align: justify; padding-right: 30px; color: black; [/class] [class=pos]position: relative; top: 15px; height: 35px; width: 305px; text-align: center; color: transparent; overflow: hidden [/class] [class=round]position: relative; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #ED9B90; transition: 0.7s; [/class] [class=round2]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #84C078 [/class] [class=round3]transition: 0.7s; display: inline-block; height: 25px; width: 25px; border-radius: 100%; background: #FAA15B [/class] [class=bla]background: #f2979f [/class] [class=ble]background: #786a81 [/class] [class=blo]background: #d05f7a [/class] [class=stats]position: relative; top: 10px; width: 100%; margin: auto;font-weight: 800; font-size: 9px; color: #000000 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class] [script class=post on=mouseenter] addClass bla round1 addClass ble round2 addClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=post on=mouseleave] removeClass bla round1 removeClass ble round2 removeClass blo round3 [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseenter] addClass up round addClass up stats removeClass down round removeClass down2 stats [/script] [script class=pos on=mouseleave] addClass down round addClass down2 stats addClass up round addClass up stats [/script] [class name=up] animation-name: {post_id}up; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=up] [keyframe=0]top: 0px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: -30px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down] animation-name: {post_id}down; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 0px[/keyframe] [/animation] [class name=down2] animation-name: {post_id}down2; animation-direction: normal; animation-duration: 0.5s; animation-delay: 0s; animation-timing-function: ease-out; animation-iteration-count: 1; animation-fill-mode: both; [/class] [animation=down2] [keyframe=0]top: -30px[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]top: 10px[/keyframe] [/animation]

tags// [/class] [class=BackgroundPicture] background-color:#000000; Padding:30px; //The background image that become the border// [/class] [class=BackgroundColor] padding:15px; background-color:#fcfcde; Color:Black; //BGColor will what determinates what type color will it have. Padding will be the void between the Border and the actual text.// //The solid block of color that makes the border appear as a border. All your content will be in this box// [/class] [class=Name] float:right; // The Object will be at the right side of the screen - Floating as an image // margin-bottom:10px; text-align:center; border-radius:5px; background-color:#143d40; padding:5px; color:#fbe7d1; width:calc(100% - 35% - 33px); // Calculus to avoid objects to collide / lose itself at the bottom of another // //The Box around the name// [/class] [class=Img] border-right:20px SOLID #fcfcde; border-bottom:10px SOLID #fcfcde; width:35%; float:left; //this class has a border to create a false margin so the horizontal lines don't appear to go behind the image if you change the back ground you have to change the colors here too// [/class] [class=Image] border:1px SOLID #fcfcde; line-height:0px; //The border around the image// [/class] [class=Line] border-top:1px SOLID #142740; margin-top:10px; margin-bottom:10px; //The tiny lines everywhere// //You can see here they have a set width, which is the shorter length, the bottom two lines have a specific 'style' which overrides what happens here to make them full length. if you need longer lines, copy and paste the style from the bottom two (be careful, they float right, making them too big at the top messes the code up) If you need the bottom lines to be shorter, delete the Style=" and such// [/class] [div class="BackgroundPicture"] [div class="BackgroundColor"]
  • [div class="Img"] [div class="Image"] 583654 [/div][/div] [div class="Name"] Siv Haralddöthier of The Company of Farlon's Marauders [/div] As the Elemental came quickly to her, she knew what was going to happen somehow... as if herself requested for it to be. She gulped as she eyed closer and quickly clenched her teethes together. Then it happened- Diana advised her about pain, but the pain she said she would suffer was not even close to what she thought she would feel. Nothing closer to what she imagined. She never felt her skin burning, she felt many injures but this. It was a new experience at the hands of a stranger.

Once it was all over, Krugar stood straight and towered both of the strangers as he grabbed his own big axe and spoke, "*We*? There's no we you dumb wench. You stole my kill!" He responded with a menacing look on his eyes, as if he was ready to cut some wood single-handled with a single swing. There was much wood around these parts, but he was interesting in cutting something more than just wood, "You didn't have the guts to kill it properly, you pig'shit. I should finish the job, right here!"

A stone crossed the future battle-field Krugar was intending to begin, hitting his head without him noticing from where it came. Siv held herself up, her hands resting upon a tree as she continued to breath in, recovering from the fight. The orc stopped his stupidity and walked back to her as she eyed back to the elemental and the Knight that to their aid. She could hardly speak up out of pain, so she merely bow her head and she extended her arm back to the Orc whom would only grab her and lead her back to her horse.

She could not ride thus he would lead the horse forward back to the camp. Siv rested on horseback, brushing Farnir's hair gently as she slowly fell sleep, knocked out by her own pain.

[div class="Line"][/div] Mentions: Athanas Athanas Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman
    Interactions: Athanas Athanas mon mon
    Location: Bounty Location (World Event) -> Back to Farlon's Company's camp.

[div class="Line"][/div] [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Imogen Bren

Everywhere on the island, the scent of salt hung in the air, drifted through every street, clung to every cloth. Those of the continent hated that smell, hated the island, and some, like the high-born of the capitol, hated even its people. Many saw the "Shippers" as a backwards, foolish people, having barely left behind their life of crime, to dwell on their island prison, outcasts of the Vogaul House and nothing more.

Imogen welcomed them to that perception, and even encouraged it. After all, if any would believe those rumors, they would surely not anticipate the rising strength of House Bren. Imogen's life's work had been to grow the house and its people, to build more ships, establish more trade deals, and to tighten diplomatic ties. Of course, she had her distractions, her sudden fancies, but after she had been married, she had devoted herself wholly to this goal. The weakening of the Vogauls who looked down on them, and the strengthening of her own people.

And what a people they were, truly. Imogen preferred to spend her time among her people than high up in some marble-floored room in her castle, being tended upon to all the nervous, strutting hens of court. She'd more than enough of that life in the capitol, and for the past few decades, she enjoyed the alternative. The people had grown to love her, human, mage, dwarf, half-giant, and more. After all, as a nation made of exiles, who were they to turn any away? There was a sense of community on this island, and she had embraced it fully. Of course, she didn't drink in the taverns or actually live among her people, but she spent much of her time in the markets, or attending plays, or visiting old friends.

She strode now through the streets of her city, flanked by two guardsmen, common soldiers she'd given the position based on their merit. Many other high-born ladies would look down on it, but the two of them, the half-giant Heimdall and the human woman Keirde, were perhaps her closest friends. They wore their suits of chainmail, and carried with them their favored weapons, a massive two-handed great axe, and a long winged spear respectively. The old woman wore only a simple, grey linen dress lined with furs to keep warm, as many of her people did in the weather of the islands. She carried no weapon, and made her way along to perhaps her favorite place in the world.

The Sailor's Theatre was a place that had risen from ash. Literally, in fact. A group of sailors started preforming out of the ash of the old Salt Theatre after it burned down in the Great Ironfort Fire. Their start was rough, but people in the city welcomed the entertainment amongst all the misery. With personal funding from Imogen and the Houes Bren, the Sailor's Theatre was able to rebuild the place, and start paying for costumes, set props, and even a resident illusion mage to specialize in their theatreworks. Imogen was especially close with the actors, and made sure to attend one of their plays at least once a week. As she strode in through the large, oaken gate, she realized she was late to the current preformance, and politely sat herself in the back row, her guards taking seats at either side of her. Up on the stage, the Dwarf actor, Jori, was giving a monologue, one she recognized immediately.

It was the speech of Murngi, the Dwarf King who, at great cost, saved his city from a Dragon. She'd arrived halfway through the play, when Murngi was attempting to inspire his people to stand with him and defend the walls. It's origin in history was... blurry. The Dwarves claimed to be truthful, and their ancient stories perfectly preserved, but for all Imogen knew, dragons had never been real. She'd heard tales of the fire-breathing beasts, but no one alive had ever seen one of them. Of course, she wouldn't call the Dwarves liars, they were honest folk, she just didn't think they had the truth of the matter on dragons.

Alvina Quorse

Alvina had felt more than heard Astrid teleport behind her when she had first made it to the gates. Magic left a rather...heavy feeling in the air when it was being used. She was glad to have Astrid there when the dweller first advanced upon the two of them.
Despite her calm demeanor, Alvina was a bit nervous. If memory served, dwellers weren't particularly easy to affect with magic. Still, the creature didn't seem particularly threatening, so when the guards drew their swords, Alvina couldn't help but give into the temptation to scold them.
"Sheathe your swords!" Alvina exclaimed, sounding appalled. Of course, the guards reluctantly obeyed her command, Immediately after she had ordered that the dweller, apparently named Durthu, informed them that he meant no harm, before proceeding to say he thought mages were monsters.
Alvina smiled, but one could clearly tell it wasn't a pleasant one. In a word, it was strained.
"I assure you that we are indeed mages." She informed him in a clipped tone. "Our kind is not highly regarded outside of Westnor, so any rumors you have heard are likely false. I apologize for the disappointment." Alvina would have shown him some magic to prove her point, but unfortunately her particular breed of magic wasn't well suited for showing off. She would leave that to Astrid.

Tags: Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen sprouhtt sprouhtt

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 11.47.12 PM.pngLocation: Westnor Gates
Activity: Meeting a Dweller w/ Alvina
Mention: Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen

Astrid had been taken aback at the dweller's sudden approach, it had surprised her because she was really out of it for the moment and its sudden approach woke her out of her sleep-like trance. The Dweller had spoken and its name was Durthu. It did not surprise Astrid to hear that Durthu had his head be filled with lies and deceits of what and who mages are.

Astrid gave a soft pleasant smile, but she soon took it back when Alvina had stopped talking. She still wondered what this dweller wanted with them, he wouldn't have traveled this far to Westnor for nothing. There must be a reason, and Astrid would soon get to the bottom of it. She is sure that Alvina was thinking the same as her, defensive guard going up on how they would take down this dweller if he were to inflict harm. But he did say that he would not harm any of them, so if he wishes to be civil then so be it. It was better than fighting, Astrid did not have the energy to fight.

"Durthu is it?" Astrid asked, "It does not surprise me to hear that you thought we were something that we are not." She continued to him as she stepped to the side of Alvina.

Astrid began to step a bit forward, going a couple of feet away from Alvina and towards the dweller. Astrid held her head up and her posture poise while approaching him. "You have come all this way Durthu and I know you mean no harm if it is a matter that you wish to address with Alvina and I, as a member of the council, I will hear what you wish to say," Astrid said as she held her hands behind her back.

"Though I may warn you that even though we are inviting you inside of Westnor, we will not tolerate any future disturbance, I hope I made myself clear. Now, if you will follow Alvina and me to the garden, then we can discuss your matter." Astrid said as she waited to hear what Durthu was going to say. If he even wanted to discuss anything with them or actually see for his eyes who mages actually were.

Linota sighed and wrung her hands as she followed the pair, watching as Rogan seemed to resist every effort that Kilian made with him. A stubborn stallion he was, though his rebellion towards the new lord was almost humorous, had she not felt bad for the trying red head. "I don't know if there's much to say about us Mercers," She began, fiddling with a strand of fire kissed hair, eyes fluttering around the training grounds. "We've always just been known for our horses. Auverand seems to like us well enough, what with the crops we distribute and the wild horses we maintain throughout the brushlands, but other than that, we're more a house to ally with."

And it was mostly true. The thought of it made Linota's fists tighten, her chest heaving in a breath before audibly blowing it out. A pink hue settled onto freckled cheeks as the young woman folded her arms across her linen clad chest, leaning her body against a stone pillar. "Mi' family has always owned Millhold, according to father. All the women in my family have either been married into the Mercer name or married out to make allies. Everythin' is calculated, like some odd game," Obviously upset with the never ending wheel that the Mercer's balanced on, Linota ran calloused palms over her face, groaning into the sanctuary of cupped palms before lazily dropped her arms back down to their place at her side. Cerulean eyes swirled with both frustration and hesitation as she thought over the situation, one that she knew would roll to her side of the chess board eventually. "And in the spirit of being the eldest Mercer girl, the Lord of Millhold has been bringin' in suitors for the past year, trying to persuade me that it is my 'duty as lady of the house to take hold of the keep' but by the gods, he's presenting me like sheep to a buyer."

Realizing she had both gone off topic and on something of a rant, Linota sat up a little straighter and gathered her ginger hair in one hand, toying with it as she blinked twice to refocus on Argo. Her family situation was something that she wasn't usually able to talk freely about, what with everyone in the Mercer household agreeing with the view her father held. Part of the petite girl felt grateful for Kilian's listening ear, while another portion still held a flush of embarrassment. "Argo seems to be enjoying his new home," A pathetic attempt at topic change, but an attempt none the less, came from Linota's lips as she approached the animal, smiling as the buckskin offered a happy nicker in her direction.

[div class="Line"][/div] Interacting: Kilian | Mentioned: Kilian ( Lemercer Lemercer ) | Located: Millhold Training Grounds
[/div][/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back