• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Augurium

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
unknown.png
The floating islands of Augurium, the Collegium Magi, were bustling. They were full of new people, new students, eager to get a start on their education. It had been two months since they had begun the journey around the world to pick up new students, starting at Terra Augurium and ending there as well with the beginning of the school year.

They had picked up bright eyed students in the mainland of Terra Augurium, especially in the capitol city that sits between two major crystal fields, Karlamilyi. Despite being the capital, the few cities that laid along the edges of the crystal fields were small in population, the danger inherent in the area making it difficult for others to live there successfully.

Revving magical engines, they then began heading to Terra Austri to the south, where they stopped in multiple locations to try to save as many refugees as they could. This included in the elusive capitol of the secluded, anti-magic nation, Berkani Dome. Chains were dropped, connection was made, and those with magical potential who managed to make it to the drop point were picked up. No fuss... though the coming of the school always garnered a crowd of irritated, disgusted onlookers.

The school next passed over the Brazillian Deadzone, an area brimming with life, nothing but trees below the school for miles. They stopped at a location near the coast for a short pickup, before continuing onward near the American Deadlands, popping by the huge cities of Sacramento, taking the name from an old city lost to the ages whose ruins are nearby, and the capitol of the New Republic of North America, Olympic City. They moved on through the American Deadlands again, stopping at three more cities in the nation, two of which were nestled in the Great Mana Wyrm Lakes.

unknown.png
Moving forward across the world, they stopped in four major cities in Terra Aquilonis, making sure to spend a little extra time picking up students in the magic-rich capitol city of Glenveagh and Dorset City, the second largest in the nation by population. Here, people could be seen using magic openly, everyday tasks made easier with just a little help from a Vene Aere or perhaps a Magum Vitae.

From there, it was a short jaunt to the capitol of Terra Occidens, Stralsund. Here the architecture was the easiest thing to notice from the floating islands. Towers, pitched roofs, and magnificent arches were everywhere, making the city seem like some sort of medieval castle in and of itself. This was the norm here, and while they were not the most trusting of magic, they didn't shun it altogether. Architecture was valued, and magic was used to achieve better structures. The school was fantastic at teaching these sorts of things... even if they also taught some to be weapons. The relative isolation of most other cities throughout meant that the school did not have time to stop elsewhere, however, and instead moved on.

The next stop was obvious, its name apparent even in the name of the nation itself, Rome, of the New Holy Roman Empire. This was the oldest standing city, a reminder of times centuries before, and one place few that some records had survived from before 200 years ago. Another city, near to the border with the Egyptian Theocracy, Zarzis, was an interesting stop. Though this country didn't like the school, aside from the heightened security, it wasn't that obvious.

Just on the other side of the border in the Egyptian Theocracy, the city of Yefren was in practically another world altogether. Though the environment didn't change, the government certainly did, and the stop was more heavily defended on both sides of the fence. Certainly, however, one of the most heavily defended stops was in the Egyptian Sandtomb itself. The capitol, Alexandria. Hearkening to a time and a library long past, this massive city boasted a number of strange architectural choices. Pyramid-like structures, clay houses... everything blended into the environment but those of the higher ranking officials. Worst, or best depending on how you're looking at it, of all, the largest of the structures sat with huge statues on either side of the massive entrance.

While there, those already on the school's islands could see in the far distance the massive Israelic Crater to the North, though they were too far off to see the Great Phonecian Crater.

unknown.png
Similarly to the Egyptian Theocracy, the few stops made in Terra Orientis were more heavily guarded, though not nearly as much. This area of the world simply didn't seem to trust the school as much. The path of the islands took the school over parts of the Egyptian Theocracy again, before heading out over the ocean to the tip of Terra Orientis. In doing so, they passed directly over the Madagascar Crystal fields, a place that was both seldom visited and scarcely populated.

At the tip of Terra Orientis, however, laid the capitol on an island and another major city on the mainland. The capitol was named Sri, the normal "Lanka" having long been lost to time, and the other major city was named Mahishūru, a reference to a nearby ancient city that was named after a demon of Hindu mythology.

The Great Khan Republic had two stops to go to, right before the Chinese Wastelands and the Japanese Undersea Empire. As with the other stops, these two were the capitol and one of the most populous cities of the nation. These were Hechi, the capitol, and Yulin. While most of the history had been lost from these lands, the cultural intensity and desire to succeed had been preserved in spades.

Last before returning to the school and starting the year was the Japanese Undersea Empire, a nation, similar to the New Republic of North America, that was incredibly friendly with the Collegium Magi. They looked forward to the docking of the school every year, and this was no different. A few domes were stopped at, small ports making their way up to the surface for the school to anchor to. The most looked forward to of these stops, and the last, was of course the super-city capitol that took its name from the region that used to be in its place, Hokkaido.
Augurium World Map - Path.jpg
Now, finally at the beginning of the school year as the islands hovered over Terra Augurium's capitol once again, the gathered mass of Unum Forus students on the lowest of the trade islands listened intensely as the assembly began.

"There floats the tower," a man said, dressed in dark grey formal robes that draped to the floor, the school's crest donning the front of it. This man was unmistakable, he was the president, the CEO, the principal, whatever word you wished to use... he was the leader of the school. He continued to speak to this gathering of new students, a sea of impatient bodies and eager minds in each direction leading up to the modestly sized stage. His voice boomed all around, a sign of his power, though he didn't feel imposing, "Above us are the other tiers, four platforms we stand on that lead us to success. In light of certain... exercises gone awry, the Nulla Forus and Unum are both on the Unum Forus this year while repairs are made. Unum and Nulla alike strive to succeed in a world where the odds aren't always in our favor. From here, to Duo, Tres, and finally all the way to Ultima for those of you who pursue it... these years you spend here will give you the stepping stones to a fruitful life, and exciting magical ability."

He continued, motioning up, to the left and right, spouting motivational words as best he could. As he did, throughout the crowd there were, as there always are in gatherings like this, bored whispers. They whispered of rumors. "I heard the CEO is more than just a Duplex, he's terrifying! He feels so... commanding. I kinda like it though, sure lives up to the expectations!" or, "I heard the Principal is centuries old," and even cute whispers of, "I heard cat island was really a botched experiment! That it actually exists!" trailed about throughout the crowd. The new students were excited, curious, and more than ready to start their journey.

The whispers continued, turning into a hush as the President cleared his throat, finishing the motivational speech, "There is no greater pleasure of mine than to welcome new students, and to eventually see those same students graduate. Now that we left our final station, and have all those who applied and were accepted to the school, we can soon begin. While school can be boring and tedious, I assure you our academy is one of a kind, and I implore you all to apply yourselves, to get involved, and to really value this opportunity. Tomorrow there will be an information fair going on all day, and, while not required, I suggest you use the time to its fullest. Also, you are not required to wear the uniforms given until the first day of class, so take the time to tell a staff member if there is an issue with it, and we will get it sorted. Classes and schedules will be settled in the coming days. For now, however, use today to settle into your dorms if you haven't already. Explore a bit. See what the trade island for your Forus has to offer... and make some friends. Thank you all so much for coming to this establishment, and trusting us with your education in the magical fields."

He stepped off of the stage and the crowd burst into small conversations. Another person stepped onto the stage and mentioned something about an information packet being stored in everyone's respective dorms, and the paper they were given once they arrived contains the building and room number, as well as whether they have a roommate. The poor woman could barely be heard over the excited crowd, and seemed to give up, telling everyone they were free to go. Uniforms, information, and whatever things students shipped to the school from home would all be in the room they were assigned.
(This will be added to as needed.)

Dorm:
Each housing building is more of an apartment complex. They are large, and nice. Each dorm-house has two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen/dining room, and a living room. Some students never get a roommate, and while some consider that to be a curse, others consider it quite the boon. They are the colors of the element living there, within a gradient range (Aside from the Pugnator dorms, which are a tasteful mix of darker and lighter shades of the colors, signifying that they are unified. No, they don't look like a rainbow.). Look at the crest of the school if you want an example of the colors.

Pugnator Students:
(All of you are on the ring in terms of dorm, and for purposes of the story, share the same large dorm building, though each of you have your own bedrooms still.)

Nyara Innistra Osuka Osuka
Myrath Lorvin Peckinou Peckinou
Alistair Wilson Senso Senso
Issac Jackson Osuka Osuka
Ezekiel Boshmore Daxlan Daxlan
Damian Harlock WeaselThor WeaselThor

Other:
(All of you are on your respective islands in terms of dorms.)

Ella Rhythm/Wing - Mago Ex Diem dorm island WeaselThor WeaselThor
Venissa Koh - Mago Tenebris dorm island Deathkitten Deathkitten
Bobby Lions - Vene Navitas dorm island WeaselThor WeaselThor

The Ring

Lars sat in a circle with Sprigg and Waylon doodling designs on the dirt. The massive ox bear followed he hand perfectly never seeming to loose track of it, Sprigg on the other hand was all over the place. Following every bug, and occasionally stopping to try and count the blades of grass. Finally he checked his shadow and stood up plucking a seed from Sprigg's tail. "Ok you guys stand clear, i think i know what i am gonna do here." sprigg climbed onto Lars shoulder while waylon lumbered off into the distance slowly chomping any plant larger than the grass level. He squeezed the seed between his forefinger and thumb cracking it and tossing it like a tiny bullet into the ground. "One, Two..." he then leapt into the air as plants burst out of the ground growing high up as if chasing him. A greenish aura wrapped around his hands and he thrust them towards the wood causing its growth to change. It flattened out near the bottom creating a wooden flat surface almost 100 yards in diameter. He landed on the flat surface and pointed his still glowing hands at the edges of the wooden surface. Twelve wooden pillars rose up nearly 30ft into the sky before sprouting leaves. Vines interlocked around the pillars forming a sort of chain link fence of foliage. Finally he pulled his hands towards himself and then down causing several dozen wooden humanoid shapes to grow out of the ground. A bit more focus refined their features until each one stood as a perfect replica of himself and in a straight row. The last thing he did was point at one of the Vine walls causing the vines to thin and become draping moss curtains, a wooden archway grew turning the area he pointed out into a door. Only a second passed before Waylon's massive head poked in and let out a loud raspberry. "Come on Waylon, i think it looks pretty good." sprigg nodded vigorously on his shoulder and waylon rolled his big brown eyes before walking his way through the doorway and picking a pillar to lean against as he sat on his rump like a human would. "there ya go big guy. comfy right?" he said before taking a seat near him. "Hopefully we dont have any Terra Ignus." he mused leaning back in the vines to await the purganator class.

The Assembly

Damian was initially in the dead center of the congregation but it didnt take long for him to nudge and shove his way towards the back and finally out of the crowd altogether. Granted of all the people who could be speaking here, numero uno was probably the one he should listen to...but it was no matter he would be surpassed like all the rest. None would stop Damian. His eyes scanned the architecture until he noticed a deep crack in one of the cobblestones on the pavement. He grinned beneath his armored facemask perfect, no hairlines, no sediments. he thought to himself as he wiggled the stone free and cracked it along its length granting him two six inch stone shanks. However the feeling of something approaching caused him to whirl around and sputter dumb founded as the head of the Disciplinary committee crushed both of the stone shanks in Damian's hand using spectral hands that reached through the younger mans grip. "Don't you have somewhere better to be geezer?" Damian spat out in a huff letting the dust fall to the floor. "Don't you?" was dakki's rebuttal. Damian let out a huff, "If i were here to listen to windbags blow away I would've went to the music university of rome. Id say i am fine where i am." Dakki nodded at the boys words then responded again. "then i suppose i do not either. You see i go where i am needed. And where a young man vandalizes the islands to give himself weapons which he will attempt to use the first opportunity he gets, well...there i most certainly am needed." damian glared at the annoying samurai. In his head he contemplated possible methods of assaulting this man, but not only did his stance leave no openings but the grin that crept over his face was unnerving, it was like he knew what he was planning. All of that paired with a growing sense of dread caused him to deflate his ego just enough to make a good decision. "Hmph...i am going to my dorm, you wanna watch me change too, creep?" he said hoping his jab would get to him. However was disappointed to hear the older man say "Oh no. I am sure you can handle that alone." he said as he began to slowly walk back to the congregation his footfalls making no sound...

The Congregation

Ella had never been so excited since the day Dakki adopted her. He had spent a long time talking about the school and finally she decided to go and was not in the slightest bit dissapointed. The architecture was gorgeousness incarnate, and despite the vast multitude of people only a few had even looked at her ears. It was everything Dakki said it would be and more, she was so excited when the congregation was let out that she immediately began heading to the portal to her Island, she had already memorized the map Dakki gave her last month and figured it wouldnt take her too long to make it there and she had to admit that she was excited about not having a roommate

Meanwhile...
Bobby stood in the shuffling crowd as it began to disperse. He kept attempting to sign for directions but an inability to speak paired with a fear of grabbing anyone to get their attention had him standing for a while looking lost. Yet even still his face held a smile as if he were at peace. Indeed in a sense he was, his gears were turning in his head even now, the cacophony of voices, footsteps, and Shuffling wove together to form a symphony like everything else did in his life. He vaguely noticed a pair of glowing eyes looking at him from the shadows but as he stepped towards them three more pairs of glowing eyes opened and he lost what little courage he had mustered to approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back