• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
~Liliana Bermudez~
Mon, the 2nd of October, Year 500
14:20 - Mago Tenebris, Caster Class

LFB.jpg The brunette's eyes flickered to the boy who sat himself next to her. After a moment of hesitation, she wordlessly slid a cookie to him as well. The sudden presence of a stranger had caused her previous bubbling confidence to diminish a bit, but that didn't mean she shouldn't be nice. Luckily, there wasn't much room for chit chat as the teacher began speaking. Finally letting Them reach into the bag for cookies of Their own, Liliana propped her head on her hands as she listened. The things he recited about the Mago Tenebris abilities were things she mostly knew already since Terra Augurium loved to have its people well-educated on their powers. Although, hearing the speech once more, the brunette was once again faced with the fact that she was one of the odd ones. She couldn't really blanket an area in darkness, one of the easiest tasks, yet she had done the most difficult thing and passed through a wall; granted, it was a considerably short distance and she had fainted right after her first and only try, but it was still weird. And then there's Them. Quiet crunching from beneath her seat could be heard as They poured the rest of the bag into Their mouthes. Liliana hissed softly in annoyance as she realized that They had taken the entire bag when she wasn't paying attention. They were obviously a semi-sentient construct, but was it really normal to have them around constantly? Not to mention the fact that Liliana hadn't been able to make any other constructs aside from more extensions of Them. Her therapist had once said that grief affected people differently, but could it really affect a person's magic? It made her nervous.

The bubble of anxiety surrounding the brunette popped as the teacher a somewhat mischievous glint in his eye. Pranking wasn't really something she did to strangers, but if it was teacher approved then that was a different story. Of course, her nervousness reappeared when Mr. Mikael mentioned traveling through the shadows. But it should be fine since we have a teacher with us. This isn't a fighter class, we'll be safe! Liliana felt Venissa grab her hand and hold it tightly, like as if she was afraid that she'd float away if she let go. We'll be safe. Squeezing her roommate's hand in what was hopefully a reassuring manner, the brunette led the way through the portal. Going through the portal was a different story though. It was like a waking dream; or a sleep paralysis episode. Her senses were muted and amplified all at once. A light piercing through the darkness was was piercing into her eyes as well. It was all too much for her to handle. Closing her eyes and holding Venissa's hand close. When they finally reached the other side, it felt like surfacing for the first time in a long time. Liliana gasped for air and shuddered lightly as she attempted to recollect herself. Turning to her roommate, she asked, "Are you OK?" If the portal wasn't a good experience for her, who knew how bad Venissa had it. She was the one that was traumatized after all. Hopefully, the poor girl was alright; if not, Liliana was willing to take her back to their room to help her calm down.

((Interacting with Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Venissa))

Last edited:
1571184477528.png~ Ms. Sylvia (and Colette) ~
14:25 - Magum Spiritus Class
Sylvia was so pleased with how her students changed. Colette changed appearances to a much younger child form, pink hair still a striking feature, but with a perpetually concerned look upon her face. Chepi looked stunning and beautiful and seemed so very happy. Nyara seemed much calmer, which made Sylvia smile sweetly at her. "This is a bit of a mindscape," she answered telepathically, as speaking wasn't exactly the same thing here. There was no interaction with the air to make sounds. Osuka would be able to understand her as well. She motioned around the void, "It is my own little room, an in-between for new users. Jumping straight into the Spirit Realm can be quite jarring for a young Spiritus user, so I prefer to introduce it a little more gently, like this."

Then there was the... guest. He seemed more well-versed in choosing a form, but the one he took at first was disturbing. He had issues. Hopefully, those issues would be remedied in time, especially if whoever he was got added to her class properly.

"All of you have probably seen a spirit or two in your time - especially if you're from a city. They are just like us, but without their bodies to hold them down. They embody their element in a more literal way than you or I do. A Vene Ignus user in life would look as though he or she was composed of fire. Aquas, as though they were composed of water. You get the gist. Here, I am not limited by my irritatingly loli-like form. Likewise, you are not limited by your forms. That does mean, however, that if you use more mana than you have, you will get far more hurt than normal. A ghost would die, as they are tied here by their mana. You are, in this form, in an in-between state. Use more mana than you have and don't draw in more - since you don't generate more naturally right now - then you'll get snapped back to your body like a rubber band and more than likely got knocked right out. It hurts. It sucks. You feel like you have the worst hangover. Don't let it happen."

"As I'm sure you have more questions concerning ghosts, I'll just go ahead and curtail some of them now. One becomes a ghost when they die and are so focused on the task they died doing they don't notice, or in the circumstance that they die and have sufficient willpower with enough magical energy to maintain their presence here. These are usually due to very sudden deaths in the first case, or a death they have time to contemplate for the latter. Ghosts cannot interact with anyone or anything except other spirits, or spirit walls and the like, unless they utilize mana to do it. This mana is, however, simultaneously their flesh, lifeblood, and the only way they reach out to those around them. They can be seen, so long as they want to be. For most, that is. We have a foot in the grave, as it were, and see them regardless of their intention. They can pass through walls and the like because, as much as it may seem so, they are not in the same location as you. They are in a plane of existence that overlaps our own; in this realm, they encounter energy as you encounter matter. They cannot be physically harmed, but they can be forced out of our realm for increasing periods of time, given power and practice. Poltergeists are spirits who have begun to go mad, in most cases, and no longer care about their energy usage or where they get energy from. They are most known for throwing things around, but a more dangerous and malicious trick of theirs is draining the energy of the living. For most, it's hard to notice, but gradually degrades one's health and mental endurance. Such behavior is not allowed here and we have plenty of staff living or dead, myself included, who are more than able to protect you. Nowhere in the world is safer for ghosts, and none want to jeopardize that position. Ghosts are capable of possessing others, but this is a difficult, uncommon trick, and one that many members of staff are well versed in expelling. They also cannot pass into your dorms, so you may shower in peace. And for the last common question... They are everywhere here, yes. They are staff and are paid in the form of free batteries off of which to draw and assistance fulfilling the goals that keep them here. The ultimate goal concerning ghosts, in terms of the ethics promoted by Augurium, is to free them of their binds in this place to move on to the next great adventure, whatever it may be. Behavior that intentionally reverses this or antagonizes a spirit to try to drive them to use mana on purpose is not accepted. From anyone. It will be considered a crime tantamount to assault or attempted murder, and will be taken as seriously as any crime perpetrated against the living."

She sighed, stretching and popping her neck, despite the fact she didn't need to do that here, but oh well. Her hand came up and rubbed her hair out of her face, "All that aside, this spirit realm can be pretty fun for us living to jaunt around in for a while. It does, unfortunately, leave your body exposed, but as long as you are careful about that, it can be exceedingly useful. Your body can rest while you still get in some late-night studying. So basically, once you know how to do this yourself, you literally don't need to sleep. I mean... your body still does, but all that time doesn't need to be wasted."

The scene around them changed back to the classroom, but they were still in their spirit forms. Their bodies were slumped into the various chairs, though Ms. Syvlia's appeared more like she was meditating, simply sitting there cross-legged on her desk. The two familiars prowled the classroom, checking on each student dutifully. She smiled, "And now we can check out the town. A great introduction to the strange world your powers bring you into, I think."

Stepping outside, the scenery entirely changed from what it was before. While you could still see the old-style buildings that made up the Spiritus/Navitas island, it was overlapped by a much more obvious set of buildings. Orbs of light lined the street, but where the island would normally end, the street continued into the open space between the island and the forcefield. There was an entire extra city there full of people who definitely weren't alive anymore. Nearly all of them looked like elementals. A man made of magma walked past them, waving to Sylvia as he went. Another, a woman that looked like a swirling tornado with electricity crackling through her nearly bumped into Chepi.

"Sorry," the woman said softly as she continued on.

The city itself was made of energy, with walls that varied from slightly translucent to nearly opaque. Every color was accounted for. "Feel free to look around, but remember to be a little careful. Spirits can be a little clingy to Spiritus users. While most would be perfectly personable about it and not weird... not everyone is in the best mindset while they're dead. Some can be a little creepy or clingy or outright rude. Just as well, do keep in mind that certain creatures find you a lot more interesting while you're like this. Ignore them unless you want a very determined little beast annoying you at all hours of the night."

Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka

9038_7_1080p.jpg
Steve Freeling
Monday, October 2, Year 500
Steve wondered if he heard that right. Well, okay. Everyone else is doing it. I just hope I don't accidentally set someone on fire. What wouldn't I be too concerned about burning? Oh, yeah... That nasty note. I took it with me with the intention of burning it anyway. The note Steve had found in his desk in the previous class contained incredibly foul language of the kind that would make even a sailor blush and of the kind that Steve himself wouldn't repeat. Who the hell is that hard-up to get laid? Steve took the note out of his pocket and set it alight without a second thought. I still have no idea who wrote this thing or why. It shouldn't even exist. Shooo... The language in that thing is even worse than all those times I went to see Monica and she dropped all those F-bombs before saying, "Now, get your ass in the kitchen and fix my motherf--kin' food!" every time without fail. Monica Edwards was Steve's ex-girlfriend. Steve had simply made the dinner for her without protest every time, having seen no reason to argue with her, but her behavior was the reason he had broken up with her not long before his encounter with mutated beasts in the Deadlands. The radiation's so bad in the Deadlands that you have to wear a gas mask if you're gonna go out there, he thought offhandedly.
"Who the hell writes this kind of crap at school? Are they trying to get expelled? Huh?" Steve muttered under his breath while watching in satisfaction as a flame began to engulf the note and transform it into ash. It was times like these when Steve felt like he really didn't understand other teenagers. Why do people my age have to be perverted idiots? A seven-year-old knows you don't write this crap at school. They also know you don't ignore people for no apparent reason. But people get to be my age and they think, "Oh, look at me. I'm all that and a bag of chips. I can do whatever I want and it has no frickin' consequences whatsoever." He giggled. It was actually pretty comical when one thought about it. Yeah, I guess they will think that until they get expelled or end up in juvie.
Deathkitten Deathkitten EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
1571305023523.png~ Ms. Seryva ~
14:25 - Vene Ignus Class
So... now what did she have?

Emotionally detached note-taker. 'Dropped on his head but clearly good with fire' boy. And then there was the one who was clearly a little too far into his own head, giggling and muttering to himself. Fun. Fun class.

She cleared her throat, "Right. You lot are awkward as shit. This is the Ignus class, and yet the three of you might as well have embers under your asses, not fire. Any of you lot have any goals? Motivations? You don't seem particularly enthused to be here. I mean yeah, Lavka, you're taking notes, which is good, but I've not even really been able to start yet. The energy in this room right now just seems dead, like you guys don't even care."

"I came to the school and shot off like a rocket. Don't you all have something you want to make a difference with, or are you just... blank faces mulling about like most of society? Be the unique ones, damn it," she ranted before sighing and leaning back, "Ugh! Okay. Let's do something fun. This is boring and, honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing and how to start a class. This is my first year doing this. All Ultima have to, and I was not a magister major. Hell, two of you guys are the same age as me." She squeezed the desk behind her with her hands and accidentally crushed it in her nervousness. Shit, she thought, taking a deep breath. New strength. New job. New everything. She wasn't sure what was harder, this, or learning how to walk again.

She brushed the bits of desk off of her hands against her jeans, then held out her right hand, palm up. A thin, blue flame seared into life just above her palm, strong as a butsen burner. "Alright. Let's try this again. There are so many applications to your fire. Beyond the obvious of creating blazes, you could weld, you could fly, you could cook. You can do so many things as long as you can figure out a way to do it. Chemistry is your friend. For the basics, though, let's do something fun and a little bit dangerous. A little explosive. One at a time, I want you each to make a fire with as much energy as you can safely muster. Make it as hot and as large as you can. Omar, you go first. Then Lavka. Then Steve. Got it? Go. I'll give you guys some mana potions or something afterward."

EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou Steve Freeling Steve Freeling ((Try to post in that order please <3 ))

c6d161f474636cc3c3a1fd247502be0f.pngOmar wanted to protest the teachers statement about him not wanting to be here but he was far too scared to do so since he had been trained to never go against those with authority. Omar however began thinking: what were his motivations? He had 4 years of freedom and only really spent time with Pandora... freedom? Omar honestly couldn't figure out what drove him to do things other than if it was pertaining to fun or survival. His goals currently were get some new friends but he was always awkward around other guys from the trauma of being an experiment and the only female he ever saw before coming to NANR was the distant lady in charge of the experiment. Being unique? Everything about him was unique: his situation, his arm, his body, his dilemmas. However the teacher quickly moved on and asked them to make their largest and hottest fire they could muster, of which he immediately did from being used to following orders.
Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou

~Gavin Heidrich~
14:25 - Vene Aere, Caster Class

Gavin.jpg At the teacher's voice, Gavin twisted his body halfway so that he could face the teacher. The brunet's eyes couldn't help but wander towards the extra pillows lying around. Valiantly, he fought off the urge to gather the remaining pillows to create a nest for himself. But it would be fun to lie down. The thought was distracting, so he only half paid attention to the teacher's voice until he mentioned demonstrating their powers. Gavin's focus immediately snapped back to the lesson and he wasted no time in rifling through his bag for his fan as he finally shuffled his body so that he was facing forward. He had only just gotten it out when the wind around him picked up. Feeling himself lifting up from the ground the brunet quickly squashed his powers like how he was trained to do, but his alarm only grew as it didn't do anything. It's not me! The realization hit him hard, and his head whirled around as far as he could to shout, "Hey!" at the twins. Instantly, the wind stopped and Gavin landed on his ass with an audible grunt. Sore and irritated, he gave them a sour look. It slowly softened into a much milder expression of annoyance at the twins' apology. The brunet grumbled a bit more for show before sighing in resignation. "Just warn me next time, OK?" He had to admit though, that was pretty fucking cool. Maybe it was because there were two of them or maybe they were just better at it, but Gavin hadn't mastered levitating and flying like that yet. He was able to do some powerful gusts, but a controlled wind for an extended period of time was still out of his grasp for now. That gives me an idea! Sure, levitating a person, despite the poor landing, was impressive, but Gavin wanted to do something cool too! Holding up his fan, the boy shouted out an excited, "Watch this!" before giving the fan a powerful swing. The brunet had done the trick a few times on his younger siblings and friends; it was easy, just use a strong gust of wind to rattle the window and freak them out. It was especially cool to do at night or after watching a horror movie when everyone was already freaked out. However, Gavin had never had a focus before, and in his excitement forgot how they were used to not only better control one's powers, but amplify them as well. Instead of a strong rattling, the windows exploded inwards as shards of glass flew into the classroom. Luckily it wasn't powerful enough to lodge shards into people, but if someone wasn't careful they could cut themselves on one of the many shards now scattered across the floor and pillows. Expression frozen into a comically large grimace, Gavin's eyes fearfully turned towards the teacher. "I am so fucking sorry."

(( Peckinou Peckinou 's Twins| Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Damon))

1571306795788.png~ Mr. Damon ~
14:25 - Vene Aere Class
Damon pinched the bridge of his nose at how the three of them decided to display their abilities. The twins were troublemakers, tricksters, of course. Gavin was more usual. His accidental overdoing it was an expected issue with using foci for the first time. Damon didn't seem bothered by it, or the glass on the floor. He sighed and dropped his hand to his side once more, "Alright. Mess aside, all three of you are doing very well for Unum Forus. I can tell you've all practiced."

"Aere can be used to lift, to pull, to destroy, to cut, to push. It's useful. You all have already experienced some of this. I think it'd be best if I give you an assignment to start off with. You three can get to know each other better. Mind, two of you are twins, so there's little more to get to know better there, but as a group, I think more can get done." He produced a large box from a closet in the corner. He placed it in front of the three kids and opened it. Inside sat a variety of fruit.

"Go outside if you'd like. Come back in once you've managed to dice the fruit with your magic. There's a bowl in the box as well. Once you're done, we can have a nice fruit salad, and you guys will be tired enough you'll definitely want it." He flicked open his fan again and made a slow slashing motion through the air, "You move quickly and with determination. Cut the air with your fan and make sure to push the air out as you do so. It must be sideways. If you do so with the face of the fan, it will just be a wave of air without the pressure and cutting force. The fruit is pretty soft, so it should be doable. I understand that creating air that can cut is tiring, however. That's good. We're supposed to build your mana pool. The best way to do that is to run out of it the same as you run out of stamina while exercising."

"So. Go. Cut as a group - since if you do so alone you'll tire yourself out before you finish. Get to know each other. Then come back. Try not to get too distracted."

Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou

1571372972441.png~ Ms. Ellania (and Ivanna)~
14:25 - Vene Navitas Class
Ellania nodded at Ruby's response. So formal. Perhaps she came from a rich family, somewhere posh. Lee looked like he was about ready to explode, and she smiled so sweetly at his adorable response. Good for him. She'd have to tell Chaste about her lovely little rebel of a student. He'd be absolutely over the moon that someone so young could break away from a regime so dark. She wondered, though, if he understood that he'd likely never be able to return to his family. If they still loved him, hopefully, his family could be moved to the school.

Another boy walked into the room. She looked to him and smiled, "That's quite alright. You're... Anil, yes? No need to be so nervous. I'm Ms. Ellania. Pleased to have you here in my class. Right. Now, let's really get started since I know you all a little better. Navitas. The natural world revolves around it, and it is all around you. It is energy. Force." She punctuated her sentence by smashing her right fist into her left palm with what didn't look like a fast movement. When they connected, however, it boomed as though a quiet explosion had gone off, shockwave rustling her hair and the hair of everyone in the room.

"It is a blessing and a curse. Your strength may have betrayed you in the past, crushing a toy, breaking someone's rib when you hit them, punching a hole in a wall. We have to learn to control this and put it to use. The first step may make things more difficult to control, for a time. We will work on increasing your mana pool. To do so will feel... monotonous. It will work, though. I assure you. It will teach you patience and increase your pool." She barely changed her stance, and a number of thick boulders came up through the floor and thunked onto the ground.

"You will hit these. With your Navitas ability. Until you can no longer do so. Begin."

Ivanna's excitement dimmed a little. Punching rocks... great. Her favorite. She sighed and forced a small smile on her face. No reason to be a grouch. This was to make her better at her magic. She stood and walked up to a rock, biting her lip and looking back and forth at Ellania and her new friend Lee. Punch... punch punch... oh this was gonna be really boring. Blyat...

Kyrenka Kyrenka Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Xio Xio OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Osuka Osuka

latest
- Anil Patel -
14:25 - Vene Navitas Class

Anil watched Ms Ellania intently, eyes following her initial movements, before widening at the boulders that tore through the classroom floor. He had pondered for a moment on commenting on the unecessary mess, however kept himself quiet, instead listening dutifully to Ms Ellania's words. He had been content, until he realised he would have to rise infront of the classroom and take action. The class wasn't large, but he could already feel eyes burning into his back. He pulled the jacket's hood a little tighter as he stood, legs unsteady for a moment, his face flushed as he kept his eyes down, taking nervous, flighty footsteps towards the front of the classroom.

"I..." Anil took a deep gulp as he turned to look at the rest of the class, offering them a shaky, too-wide grin as he dropped his jacket from his shoulders, laying it to rest on an empty desk. The boy was a figure of tight, tanned muscle, his vest stopping just before his shoulders. His arms were almost bare, covered only by a long array of tattoos, simple but decorated lines that ran spiralled across his biceps and stopped at his wrist. A steel bangle shifted slightly on his right forearm as he rolled his shoulder and turned to face the boulders.

His actions immediately came with another violent burst of nervousness. He took the jacket off because he couldn't move properly with it, but what if everyone just thought he was vain? Showing off or something. But still. if he failed here and his first strike was pathetic, he was terrified he would be seen as the weak one, surely they'd pick on him, bully him. He felt there eyes on his back, his face flared and burned in response. His mind ran rampant.

Then all was still as he shifted on his feet, left foot forward his right pointed out to his side a little, his left knee bent forward slightly. He stood five metres from the boulder.

All was quiet.

All was still.

The boy's calves tensed for a moment.

With the roar of a sudden, violent burst of wind, Anil closed the distance with frightening speed, his torso was twisted, his right side facing away from the boulder, his postured straightened as he threw his weight forwards, right palm cutting the air infront of it. His right foot shifted forwards as his fist collided with the stone. The thud of his palm was followed by a blast of energy that cracked through the air. Stone splintered and cracked, thin shards of rock erupted from the stone like shrapnel, whistling through the air as Anil saw the spiderweb cracks grow until they ran almost 6 inches around the boulder from his point of impact.

Anil rolled back, throwing another palm forwards with his right palm, the strike came slower already, albeit with a speed and strength that far excelled that of a mundane strike. The sound of stone cracking was duller as his palm found it's target, less power and momentum driving it forward. Small trickles of pulverised dust trickled down the face of the stone, small shards of rock falling with it.
Anil's hand came back again, he pulled a thin flake of stone from his palm. It had drawn the slightest red line through his skin, but nothing more.

Anil's stillness vanished in an instant as he took a moment, his face flushed red his ears burned as he kept staring at the boulder, scared to turn around and look at the other students.

A heavy sigh leaked it's way from the boy. Frankly, he was ashamed that he felt strained already.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Xio Xio Osuka Osuka

source-4.gif

Zak of Moon

Mon, October 2nd Year 500.
Early on the day, the dorms.
"This place, big innit? Just for me huh?" Zak waxes nonchalant to the man at his side, one of many random staffers running the Academy.

"Well..... We'll see about your rooming status moving forward. Suffice to say this will be your temporary quarters until the school processes you fully ummmm..." the man begins, flipping through some papers.

"Zak... of Moon?" he continues surprised, an octave higher at the odd surname.

"Speak again, but try English mate" Zak banters, running a hand over unfamiliar comforts, gadgets and items he'd never seen in the slums or the journey across the sea, as if he'd seen a fully stocked kitchen before.

"T-try to be careful! That's expensive!" the staffer blurts with flustered hands, horrified by the boy's poor gauge of civilized life.... and the damage it was sure to cause.

"I got respect for ya stuff mack [man], believe. To square I've never seen stuff like it! But yeah, fix up what you said for me before but in a language I hear" Z carries, ignoring the warning with curious hands until dropping like a rock on the center room's couch, flashing a curious look as he sinks into the cushioned bottom.

"OK yes, sometimes I mis-recollect the language barrier posed by our wide variety of attende--"

"Mate, English"

"Yes-yes, well, maybe you'll have a roomate, maybe not. For now this dorm is yours. But try not to burn the place down. These aren't made of stone" the man explains with sarcasm, knocking a wood table by the kitchennete with a pair of knuckles and a sardonic smile.

"I'm not uncivilized ya Cosalos, just different breed feel me?" Zak grins, spreading his arms to the side, covering the couch's top with his lanky wingspan.

"Cosalos?" the man asks.

"A cool guy in your speak" Zak beams, knowing the true meaning... A coward loser.

"Well whatever it means, before classes I suggest you bathe. With due respect mister... Um... Moon, it's obviously been a while since you've cleaned, and here we have higher standards of hygei... cleanliness than where you're from. If you need to I can demonstrate how to operate a shower?" bites the employee with passive aggression, firing off bad vibes. Vibes picked up by Zak who tenses at the insult, looking back to the man with surprisingly sharp eyes, answering with "Learned how on the wavecatcher my cosa [coward] I'll be right in a few minutes" to the man who ends the exchange with a curt...

"Please be thorough"

14:25 - Vene Ignus Class
Opening the front door of the class and chewing loudly on a crisp snack food, Zak enters the Vene Ignus Class with a look of dissapointment. When Shem had set him up with admissions he'd expected something more... Well... Hands on.

Zak had called chief, and booklearning wasn't it.

Booklearning was offered in the slums for the kids, the masters allowed some education to train more complex laborers, but that was for the Glazees [glasses wearers] and the Boot tongues [slaves that worked to impress the masters]. Not war-kin like Zak, he'd passed on it all. So this class was about as interesting to Zak as paint drying on the wall....

However, it was mandatory. That'd been explained. He'd have to endure desk sitting, if only to spar hands on with his powers later. That said, it's not like he'd lie with some fake smile and pep in his step. Anyone with a working brain stem would be able to tell he didn't really want to be there with his face looking something like - -

GiddyAppropriateBug-size_restricted.gif

- - as he made his way to a desk.

"Ayo, this the right place for fire bloods innit?" Zak opens to the raven-hair at class' front who looked steeled to the bone. A fellow war-kin Z could tell, even if the term was unfamiliar to her.

"I'm more of a shade-speak but I have flame in me too miss raven-hair" continues the kid, sitting down next to another flame blood with an arm ablaze. Moon wondered what was wrong with the guy, elements could hurt the user if left unchecked like that. What was this guy, some kind of stonhet? [blockhead]

Interacts with Deathkitten Deathkitten
Mentions EldridSmith EldridSmith

Last edited:
1571381435898.png~ Mrs. Diana~
14:25 - Vene Terra Class
Guiren, Yanvara, and Thomas were all attempting to attack in kind. GOOD. That's the sort of mentality she wanted to see! That fierceness! They needed to act like they belonged in her class, like they deserved to manipulate the earth!

Though, it would be useless.

In response to Thomas and Yanvara, two wide pillars grew from the ground. She shot her hands forward and both pillars rocketed towards their targets, aiming to shove into them and run them up against the walls of the room. Then was Guiren. He had pulled the ground down from underneath her, something that would surely make him rather tired, but she stayed put. Two stones were practically attached to her feet, and it was clear she was keeping herself in the air with them.

Next came his punch. So spunky. She would enjoy teaching this one especially.

The ground spiked upwards around Guiren, forming tines like sharp blades. This would encase him in place and leave two points directly under his chin, keeping his head looking up at her lest he wanted to stab himself. She grinned wide, "GOOD JOB! Great job, you lot. I'm from the NRNA, and that was almost decent enough they'd let you join their military."

"Stone is not stagnant! You got that?! I'm going to keep you lot on your toes the entire time you are here. If that's an earthquake in your dorm, a few dozen needles trying to find your skin, or some walls of stone, you're gonna learn, and you're gonna learn fast. Now then," she dropped her hands, palms up, and all the stone she had previously been controlling dropped, "That was a good little exercise, but I want to make you exhausted. My first job is to grow your shitty little mana pools. So we're doing that starting now. Pair up. Yanvara, you get Thomas. Guiren, you get me."

"We are gonna work out as you've never worked out before. It's gonna hurt. You're gonna sweat. You might puke. BUT YOU'RE GONNA BE BETTER FOR IT. Understood!?" she dropped back to the ground instead of her little rock shoes, "All of you. Take off your shoes and socks. You need to be able to feel the ground under your feet." Diana stomped her foot, and two boulders the size of pumpkins practically hopped out of the ground and thudded, one near Yanvara and Thomas, one near Guiren and herself. "Lift this with your magic, you can use your hands to help you, hold it for ten seconds, then toss it to your partner and repeat. Like this."

She demonstrated, picking up the heavy stone with one hand, holding it high for ten seconds, and then she tossed it at Guiren, clearly intending him to catch it.

"Now go. Let's do this."

Kyrenka Kyrenka EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou

1571455108922.png~ Mrs. Octavia~
14:25 - Magum Mortis Class
Octavia could do little but stare with a blank expression at the new child that walked in and... did whatever it was she just did. She was probably right to be embarrassed. Then a desk got dusted because Devan got startled. She sighed, "It's fine. I know you didn't mean to. Peridot, is it? Please refrain from such outbursts." Their explanations were as expected, pretty much, though Hira was a little bit stern and probably was some sort of soldier.

"Riiiight. All that over with. I'm supposed to grow your mana pools, which means, unfortunately, a lot of really annoying, repetitive motions. Sorry guys," she explained and stood, sighing as though it were all too much effort. She brought out a box and placed it in the center of the room. "Sit around the box," she said, motioning at them before sitting as well. With the box of the lid open, inside was... a whole bunch of ball bearings. Small metal balls about a half-inch to an inch in diameter.

Octavia sighed again, "Right. So. We, though by we I mean you guys I suppose, need to take these things, one by one, and make them dust. You need to keep doing this until you're tired. We can chat while you're going on about it. Feel free to get started. I know it isn't fun, but it'll help grow your mana pool. At least it's not too involved so you can still chat while doing it."

She picked up one of the ball bearings herself and rolled it about in her hand, "So... two of you are from the NRNA, yeah? Do you like it there? I know their cities are rather tightly packed and made of tons of metal and contraptions. They have some of the best inventors, don't they? I've never been there - beyond just for a school stop, that is."

EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

1571456600477.pngThomas opened his eyes just as the pillars came out of the ground causing to sigh in relief that the teacher wasn't hurt. He tumbled backwards getting out his dog mecha while to try and stay away from anything dangerous as she countered the brawler type guy pinning him in place. He was loading up for another shot with magic as he began driving the dog forward when she short the pillar towards him. However due to the dog he barely escaped it in time before he heard her talking to them. However as she continued talking Thomas's mind slowed down until it froze entirely causing him fall off the mech dog, landing with a decent thud due to his scrap armor. Why did I end up with a maniac for a teacher?! Can I switch classes? I'm an inventor not a brusier! I never wanted to get into combat!!!! He thought before passing out. He awoke after what felt like an eternity (it was only a few seconds later) dazed and confused. Where was he? He pondered as he stared at the unfamiliar ceiling. However everything came flooding back to him causing him to groan. At this moment Thomas swore for the first time in his life: "Shit." He declared feeling dirty for having said it but lacking any other term to fit this situation. He sat up and brushed off the pile of scrap parts before using his magic to pull them into his pack again before standing up. He had a really bad feeling about this class and it wouldn't go away.
Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou

1571515376800.png Devan sighed in relief as she pardoned his blunder, quickly moving around the box as directed to do everything in his power to avoid any possible ire she could have at him like some of his foster families and caretakers did over minor things. His life experience was bitter sweet as for the beginning of each experience in each orphanage or foster home they would treat him great and his life would feel like it was getting back on track. However once his magic began leaking it would cause the end time with his family to be hellish. He'd always had straight A's in school but since he was always moving around he never had time for his achievements to be seen. He had have seen some incredible views off the sides of the ships: incredible scenes of nature, cityscapes, and the country sides. From so much traveling and meeting so many people he had been exposed to many things: weapons, magi-tech devices, jobs and careers and he learned the basics about all of them as he was a sponge for knowledge. As he began using that feeling to turn the ball bearings into dust he began talking about the NRNA. "I... can't accurately judge my time there to say whether I like it or not due to constantly being transferred between foster homes and orphanages but for the most part it's alright ... I guess... and I can't really give you a solid feeling on the locations due to that fact either... though one of my foster parents was a good inventor so I think so... " He said his mood depression setting in once again, though the calm atmosphere of the classroom keeping him calm and collected. He really didn't like talking about the past.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Ami can’t believe no one has noticed her all day. She had accidentally blended in to her saroundings and made an absolute fool of herself by appearing to half missed half the day. She decided not to correct anyone because it was too much confrontation for her to handle. She simply ate her lunch and tried to put the whole situation in the past. Atleast the first day didn’t count towards your truancy. She sighed as she finished up her lunch and hurried herself to class.

1571457216242.png~ Mr. Carmine (and Nayr)~
14:25 - Magum Vitae Class
"That's silly! You're doing amazing," Nayr shouted, smiling ear to ear about his plant, "Not to mention you look so pretty with your horns glowing like that! Here. Now I'll try. I'm gonna go for a candy apple tree!"

She breathed out slowly and focused on the plant, staring it down as though she was going to will it to grow with her eyeballs alone. And grow it did. Way. Too. Fast.

The seedling shot up into a greenish-brown stalk of plant matter. It grew and grew until it was about two feet in length, at which point Nayr looked a little concerned. The top of the plant started to balloon, stretching like the green of the plant was made of latex until... POP! The plant burst, sending bits of the pot and sickly sweet smelling applesauce all over Nayr and anyone near her. She froze, unable to do anything but blink shocked at her now-empty hands.

Mr. Carmine chuckled at the scene, "And that, my dear students, is what happens when you use too much mana. Do be cautious with your creations and be mindful of the amount of mana you put in. They are too delicate and sensitive for brute force. Nayr, come up and get another one."

Nayr did so, cheeks bright red as she embarrassedly jogged up and then back to her seat with a new plant. Too much mana was always an issue for her. Damn it.

The teacher moved around the room, checking up on the others and their creations. Kitchi seemed very adept already. He smiled at the tall man, "Great job. I would taste the fruit before you consider it done. While you might recall what it tastes like by memory, getting the sort of... formula right, as it were, is difficult. You wouldn't want it to turn out inedible."

He moved on to Rever and the still ashamed Nayr, "Rever. Good job. Keep going and you will have a strong plant. Going slow is perfectly fine in such endeavors. Indeed, oft it's better. When going slower while creating life, life tends to be much sturdier and hearty."

Next came the new student. He smiled and created another plant in his hands, which he offered to the boy, "Not a problem. The first day of classes is exceedingly confusing for many. A lot of people get lost. We are doing an exercise. Take this and make it grow into a plant of your liking. Let me know when you've finished."

Then there was Pandora next, the girl with the horrifying but well-made abomination. She seemed to have a theme, as her creation turned out to be a very mean-looking pixie. "Hmm," he noted as we walked up, his butterflies staying far behind now as to avoid Mouth, "Wonderful creation, Pandora. Very impressive. You seem to have a... how to put it... a horror-like theme going on. It seems to suit you well, however. Mind, this little pixie doesn't seem like it would live long if separated from you. If you intend to keep it, I would recommend keeping that in mind."

Lastly came Ceridian... or Aranea as she seemed to prefer being called. He walked up and placed a plant at her desk as she didn't come up to grab one. He sighed inwardly, but he had to be the bigger person here. "Aranea? I apologize for saying the wrong name. Please forgive me-" His words got cut off by the sudden lack of light.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1571458928398.png~ Mr. Mikael (and Venissa)~
14:25 - Mago Tenebris Class -> Magum Vitae Class
Ian. Liliana and Venissa. Talvyn. All accounted for, none went out of line and got lost. Good, that would have been annoying, and he hoped they wouldn't learn that lesson on the very first day - though the two girls looked rather freaked out all the same.

Venissa was shaking after the trip in that terrifying inky blackness. She had really really wanted to try to swim towards that light, but instead just clung onto Liliana until the ride was over. By the time it was done, it felt like it had been eons, and that her demons were trying to crawl under her skin. She shuddered but nodded at Liliana, "I'll be fine. I'm fine. I just never want to use a portal ever again."

Mikael cleared his throat to get their attention, "Sorry for the jostling. Going through a portal for the first time can be a bit disturbing and confusing. I assure you, we will have entire classes covering the shadow realm. It's a complicated space. That's for another day though. Now, we can spook the Vitae students. It's good practice anyway. Don't worry too much. I love messing with the other teachers, so they'll understand."

"Okay!" he said, clasping his hands together as he came upon the outside of the Vitae classroom. It was vastly different from their classroom, as the building was so covered in plant matter that it was barely identifiable as a building. He sighed, "Let's get started. All of us together. Focus on the building, and make a bubble of darkness with me. Make it as dark as you can, and as thick as you can. Okay? First assignment go in one, two... three!"

He started the bubble for the rest of them to assist in, making it large enough that it covered the whole of the classroom, and quite dark as well. Venissa squeaked and hesitated, but didn't feel as though she had an option. She contributed with shakey hands.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Darkness enveloped the Vitae classroom suddenly and without warning. You couldn't see it, but the teacher rolled his eyes with a hefty sigh as it felt like not only the lights went out, but that it went from day to night outside. You couldn't see two feet in front of you. Nayr squeaked and dropped her new plant, the poor pot shattering against the floor, flinging dirt everywhere, "What's happening?? Why'd the lights go out?"

The tamanta in the corner started burbling and squeaking, panicked at the loss of light. The only thing even remotely visible was the extremely dim glow of Rever's horns, but even then the light seemed to get swallowed up by the devouring darkness.

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider EldridSmith EldridSmith Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles
Kyrenka Kyrenka EldridSmith EldridSmith Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
Mavior gave a small nod of understanding, taking the plant and in turn handing over a small note, a small stamp from the 'Baggage' area signifying where he had been and where he'd been busy. "Thank you sir, I will endeavor to not make any significant errors." Finding a seat for himself he cast a quick look around the classroom, making notes of classmates appearances, how they held themselves, and other things. There seemed to be an...abomination in the class room as well...interesting. Probably a vitae mishap that they couldn't remove? That seemed the most logical answer after all. He had to take a few moments to center the plant exactly on his desk, before removing a book sized obsidian tablet from his person and clutching it in one hand, looking over the plant. Create something then...simple enough. No half measures though, no that'd be a waste of time...it'd have to be ideal, logical...something practical as well, obviously.

Resting his hand against the plant he took a simple breath, preparing to get to work...only for the entire class to be enveloped in darkness. A brief look of confusion crossed his features, his mind quickly running through a check list. Did his teacher do this? No. Was he under any real threat? The teacher was calm, so no. Power blackout? Unlikely, and if it was, it would soon pass. With the checklist ran through, his mind changed gears back to the task at hand. His teacher obviously didn't seem worried, so he had no logical reason to be worried himself...what he should be worried about is getting his work done. Making something up off the back of his hand would take too long...think back to what he's read, studies on plants...Orchids, yes orchids would work. With over thirty thousand species, all he had to do was take the most desirable traits and trickle in energy. Black out every minor annoyance, the blacking out of the class, the concern from any class mates...all he had to do was his work.

A slow trickle of mana into the planet, barely a dribble...but to create the most ideal thing, it would take time...and so long as nothing else happened to irritate or stall him, he had the time. Take the hardiness from several species, the blooms from a few others, the survivability of others...this could take maybe a few minutes, but with the aid of his tool, it shouldn't be too troublesome. He didn't have to see, he had it in his minds eye...it was annoying to work like this, yes, but his studies came first, and his enjoyment could come...seventh, perhaps.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

1568079689675.pngKitchi nodded at the teachers advice, speeding up the plants growth to produce a fruit before tasting it. The teacher was right, while it tasted the same it had the consistency of soft wood which wasn't pleasant in the slightest. He began repeating the process of testing it until he got it right. After doing so he got the idea of turning their dorm room into a forested haven similar to home for Chepi and himself so he walked up behimd the teacher just as he went over to the spider girl. He just stood there waiting to ask about the plants to see if he could get more. The concept of shopping was new to him and explained by a shopkeeper when he took some flowers from a store. He ended up trading a leg bone of a mutated creature for it but he did get flowers in the room which Chepi liked thankfully. Kitch shook his head as he began thinking of how to design the room and more importantly how to surprise his loving wife. Soon the room turned dark as he waited, Kitchi being familiar with fighting in pitch black prepared himself as he felt out his surroundings and waited, makingsure his gift was safe. While Kitchi was calm and patient if someone messed with his wife or anything he made for her thr wrath of his protective nature would assault that person without mercy.
Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
1568430513566.pngIan really didn't understand the point of this prank, It's just turning the lights out, and it wasn't like it was going to start a fight. Though not one to intentionally start a fight unless he had a good reason Ian found himself rather bored while pouring his magic into the lights out bubble. "I get we're supposed to be draining our mana and expanding our mana pools but what's the point of the prank? To be honest this is kinda boring and pointless..." There was no adrenaline rush, no excitement, no pleasure to be gained from this. Yet the teacher seemed adamant on having them do so... was this his fetish or something? It would be a really strange one for sure but Ian wasn't one to judge after all the parties he'd been to. He sighed as he stared into the darkness and the area around him. It was just black... nothing else just a boring black color. He should have gone to Navitas... well too late now. As he kept pouring his mana into the dome thing he began recalling all the girls he saw who would be worth dating for appearances in his classes... there were a few from Pugnator he remembered. Maria, Nayr, Nyara, Hira, Yanvara, and a few others he couldn't recall. He knew however that a few of them likely had incompatible personalities with his own so it would likely narrow down. Damn this prank is boring...

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Deathkitten Deathkitten Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka Peckinou Peckinou

1571721291941.png~ Mr. Khonsu "Soup" ~
14:25 - Mago Ex Diem Class
Soup watched his students draw in the air from the sidelines. He didn't want to distract them during such a crucial time. This was one of their first attempts in a classroom setting like this to show off a little magic - to show what they could do. It was a nervous time. Nervous energy. As much as he wanted to be up close and personal with the students, make friends with them, they needed quiet and calm.

He looked out of the window to the island's exterior, a perpetual nighttime filled with blasts of light and color. You could appreciate light best in the dark, after all. Looking back, though, he noticed Ivan slip a ball into his pocket. Not doing as well as you want to could be frustrating. He booped the nose of his little shoulder fox and it hopped down onto the floor. The familiar moved quietly to the center of the room, and sat down, looking directly at María.

After a moment, the small fox started to glow in a sphere of white light. This sphere grew until it was bright enough to daze and temporarily blind everyone in the room. The light stayed this way, and you could hear the little fox yawn as it continued being a super lightbulb. Soup spoke up, "Next, we're gonna do the opposite. Obviously, Tenebris has the real fun darkness stuff going on, but that doesn't mean we can't turn out the lights. So that's what we're doing. I want all of you to try making the room darker. There are a few ways to do this. The easiest is to try to absorb the light into yourself. If you can think of another way, do that instead."

"Ex Diem have the easiest time doing the opposite of their natural state of all the elements. With fire, it's hard to make cold, but with light, it's easy to turn out the lights. It is more tiring, though growing those mana pools of yours is one major goal for right now. Win-win." They still couldn't see soup, as now it was too bright to see instead of too dark, but it was clear he had calmed down significantly. He still had the cheery, in your face tone to his voice, but he wasn't accosting any students at the moment.

Kyrenka Kyrenka EldridSmith EldridSmith Osuka Osuka Blackrose7 Blackrose7 NoxianNova NoxianNova

Last edited:
1571728008926.png~ Mr. Artor ~
14:25 - Vene Aquas Class
Viona and Locoma. His only two students for the moment. Not gonna lie, he started to wonder if they were ever coming. Did they both get lost? Did they fall or something? How could they miss their first day of class? It was irresponsible and just plain silly of them. He was laying on his stomach in the 'air', the air having the same effect as water. That was how it was on the whole island, and if they wanted to take advantage of it, it was pretty convenient.

The two students managed to slam into one another, though... "That was pretty entertaining to watch," he mused, "I'll not waste any time. My name is Mr. Artor. I'm the Vene Aquas teacher, and I'm excited to get started. Neither one of you is afraid of swimming, of deep water, or of drowning, are you? First thing first, we're going to take a swim. Sort of, anyway. As you may have noticed, gravity on this island is a little strange. Technically, you are in water right now, though you clearly can breathe in it. That's why you may have seen fish swimming about in the air - though... given how rushed you two must have been, perhaps you missed it."

"That aside, I want to take some time showing you both the island and talking about the school. I also want to get to know both of you," he continued, floating down and then walking to the door past them, "I'd love to know why you two came to the school. What you two want to get out of the school. Your goals. So let's start with that as we walk. My goal was always to be a teacher, a state you will hear from many of the teachers employed by Augurium. The nation is picky with its staff - and for good reason. It's a stressful job with a lot of high expectations. My favorite color is red. My favorite animal is a macaw. My favorite aquatic animal would probably be a dangerous sea serpent. Yes I don't look like I'd have aquas as my element... let's see... any other common questions I'm missing?"

"What about you two? Do speak up. This class is so small, I am as much a friend as I am a teacher."

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

B996F9A1-7014-4304-AE1D-DD2A29999AC4.jpeg~Mr. Cyrus~
14:25 - Cyrus’s Galactic Emporium, Trade Island 2, Caster Tutor
The bell to the store rang, and after a moment of clanging in the back, a man appeared. He was broadshouldered, tall, and built like a lumberjack with red hair and beard to match. “Hey!” He shouted, a wide grin spreading over his features, “You must be my student, huh? Never actually met another person like me. Chaos, right? Absolutely nuts. You know how rare it is for someone like us to survive childhood?”

He laughed, a booming sound that matched his appearance, “Right! So let’s get started I guess. The name’s Cyrus. You must be Chrysos, if I’m not mistaken. And you’ve got order as your second element, huh? Honestly, I think having something to balance it out is the only way to survive being a toddler with that sort of magic. I’m a duplex, myself.”

“Enough about me though,” he said and moved closer to Chrysos. He offered his hand to shake, “I hope I can teach you well. First thing’s first we gotta work on your mana pool. Luckily, that’s pretty much the same no matter what element you have. Can you use your chaos magic on purpose? It’s an obscure element, so it’s understandable if not.”

“We can practice with a deck of cards,” he brought out a simple deck of cards from his pocket and opened it up, “This is a fresh pack, so everything is in order. I want you to take it and without moving the cards around with your hands, shuffle them up. Try to focus on it and use your magic.”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Locoma and Viona

Viona looked at the floating Teacher as she stood up and stretched some " no sir. My dad has taken me cave diving before i'm fine with swimming. But is it fine for me to be in the water? "she asked not focusing on Locoma as she looked around. in a rush she didn't get to look at the island. To see the fish swimming through the sky was beautiful to say the least. It was truly amazing, as Viona tried to swim some jumping in air only to fall on the ground. " uhhh Teacher.... I think somethings wrong with my classmate... is she dead? " viona said as she poked Locoma with the sheathe of her sword. Locoma was currently still on here knees eyes completely white as she trembled in fear.

"th-this whole place..... i-i-i-i-is underwater!?" Locomas entire body was trembling as she looked around getting more terrified as she noticed all the obvious sign of fish and stuff. Before she couldn't take in any more sights foam came from her mouth as she fainted backwards unconscious. Locoma had always been traumatized of large bodies of water and would cry in fear if she ever got caught in heavy rain. To learn she had been underwater was an overload on her fear sense.

"uhhh... Whats the protocol for this Mr. Teach?" Viona asked as she wrapped her hands in towels Picking Locoma up and setting her somewhere a bit more comfy. "d-do we wake her or...... Just let her sleep? " Viona picked her sword back up putting it on her back as she tried to touch some fish only for them o swim away Viona pouting.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

A small creature approaches Zak, making an adorable purring sound that burbled somewhere between a cat and a ball of water. The green blob floats up to him in bobbing motions and seems keen to rub up against his chest. It then moves for his shirt, and, if it can, steals it.

Then disappears with the soft pop of a portal.

1571823227794.png

Jet Jet

1571816942059.png
xelon
location: outside Vitae Class? Interaction: (idk guess whoever’s out there?)​
xelon was late to class already how could he have lost track of time? wait... no, actually that was rather easy, hed tripped over his hair before, annoying as it always was then got distracted talking to someone else, then got lost again... forgot what he was doing, then remember it, only to be mistaken for a girl by someone and, to be frank his entire was way a mess although that didn’t get xelon down things can only go up hill form here... right? Well no very wrong, since outside his class there where a whole bunch of students, while a glob of darkness surrounded his intended destination, cocking his head to one side he watched the group for a moment perhaps this was the worst class? Afterall? No that couldn’t be right a smile spread out across his face why not just ask what they where doing? Approaching the group of students xelon’s presence would have a immediate affect on those around him, to be brief he was somewhat “leaky” for a mage other magic users around him basically a small power boost him function as a battery, however the greater issues arose with the other part it also enchanted the emotions of those around him too, usually it wasn’t to much of a problem but who knows how people here would react. Getting close enough to the the group xelon just asked to no one in particular “hey is this meant to be vitae class or have I taken a wrong turn somewhere? Because I’m sure it’s here but there you lot as well?”

(Sorry if this is a little poor, hope it’s ok)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back