• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1583201690640.pngLavka Kashik
Thursday, the 5th of October, Year 500
08:50 - Magister Class

Mentions: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles
Lavka was at least glad that the teacher had quite a bit of knowledge on a array of different subjects to say the least although some of these questions did surprise them most were simple. They took out another piece of paper and wrote the others questions down before moving on to answer them Arius question was quite simple to them having read the book themselves, It was a collection of poems which was devised to portray the history and evolution of humanity. Next one was about Genghis Khans killed count, Lavka went on to quickly write that down as well it being a simple answer stating that Genghis Khan has been responsible for the deaths of approximately 40 million people. Apparently Mavior was likely from the Great Khan Republic Lavka sighed a bit as the moved on towards the next one, which was Collettes question apparently. The Mascot of The Japaness Undersea Empire apperantly someone was a Tamanta enthusiast, they usually don't study animals that much since they have no love towards them which only got fueled when they got roomed with Pandora. They shuddered a bit thinking about Pandora and her animals, before putting on the sheet of Paper Tamantas before moving on. The next question how much mana would it take to pop a Benitoite? they honestly had no idea since they didn't really do that anys experiments on that yet. But guessing a bit they figured that a gemstone wouldn't be able to hold more than its size so they guessed it to be approximately 3.5 milliliters of magic figuring it to work like storage tank although it was mostly a guess to say the least. They then went on to write their name on the paper and raise their hand in order to signal that they were done.​

Mr. Artor and Mavior Eleus
Thursday the 5th of October, Year 500
9:10 Magister class, Aquas Island
Artor patiently kept track of time from his pocket watch, petting his shark in silence. Mavior, however, had sat in silence, not out of ignorance, but to wait out for any questions that hadn't been answered...he'd only requested one answer each from each student, how had so many of them failed to follow that instruction. Raising his hand he spoke up once all was said and done. "For the question by Locoma, the question about Benitoite...it's a trick question meant to confuse the one answering it. It varies on the sample size, but one can use the equation, kilowatts of mana over time divided by the molecular weight of Benitoite divided grams of Benitoite times one second divided by 0.1 kilowatts equals kilowatt grams squared, in order to find the exact amount of mana needed for a volatile reaction with Benitoite." Artor nodded slowly, smiles all around.

"My my, what a brilliant class I have this semester! Though...I did ask for only one answer from each student. Having the energy and gusto to answer a question is important, but so is following a guideline established. That isn't to say sometimes you can change the guideline, teachers teach differently after all! Now then, some of you answered once, some of you answered multiple times, and some of you have written it down! Believe it or not, this gives me some insight into how you all function...but that's for me to know I suppose! Right then, for those of you who wrote it down..." With a flourish of his hand, the strange environment of the room quickly pulled the papers from desks and deposited them into his hand as he looked through them. "...Most excellent! You're all quite bright, I can respect that! Now then...here's how we'll be doing this now! As I said, we'll be giving a brief lecture on the question that you provided. Ariu, dear, you're excused from his exercise, you may provide me a written lecture, just a page will do." He flashed his bright smile before rolling his chair back a bit and flourishing his hand again, a large case from beneath his desk becoming visible. "Stuffy love, I need you to get off the desk..come here, by my side." The shark wiggled its tail before flopping off the desk and over to her masters' side, the large case coming to rest on his desk. Unclasping a seal and entering a six-digit electronic code it gave a soft beep before opening up to reveal...eggs. Large eggs, a little bigger than an ostrich egg.

"These class, are familiar eggs. After each of your lectures take one...and only one. These will hatch your familiars, an extension of yourself so treat them with the utmost care and respect. For those who aren't aware, a familiar is...well a little animal I suppose, like this fellow here!" To illustrate his point he pulled a small sea serpent from his shirt pocket, letting it coil around his arm. "They do not need to eat, they do not need to breathe. They are not alive in the conventional sense, they are more so a manifestation of mana. Now...just because they don't need to eat, doesn't mean they won't, some students familiars just enjoy to eat. A familiar egg hatching isn't an exact science. Some of you may find it hatches by the end of today, some may find it takes a week or two. At any rate! Once you finish your brief lecture, come over and get your egg, then return to your seat. So in order of lecture, we're going to have Colette, Miranda, Lavka, Mavior...and two of you didn't answer Lilianna you'll go next, and then miss Locoma will. Please do not be shy any of you, you're only going to give a brief lecture on your own question. There is no shame in stumbling over your words or even being nervous! You are here to learn, and you're among friends. I do not allow disparaging words in my classroom, you only get positivity! When you get negativity, you only feel worse and stop trying....Ah right, as I just said. Class rule, please be supportive, no matter what! Miss Ariu, I'll await your paper. Just bring it up and take your egg after."
Kyrenka Kyrenka Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Bw26JaG.png
785be59c-7996-4777-a65f-b989f9819631.png
2d0b6ec3-c7e5-592d-b61a-5f6fd4bdec92_400x.png
5.png
il_570xN.png

Siggie Hohlt

f4eeb5b7452c99cea076996a0b47507c.jpg

Writing Tom's list was hard but if manic energy did anything, fueling desperate scrambles was it..... BUT DAMN THOUGH! Tom was killing Sig's hand here. He'd said "Yes" to the question "What would you like" with gadgets here and there; gadgets everywhere from bushes to back alleys cause he'd requested everything. Monstrous was it, a tough cover for 3000 credits and that worried Siggie. Would they fail if the budget fell short??? Would Soup mark them down if the coin didn't cover? No way he would..... right?

Ahhhhhhhh whatever *whistling innocent* it wasn't her problem! If they couldn't buy the gigalist they could blame Thomas! So going with Yua's hand tug she hit the street worry free and cat-yawning, but something was off.

Sig felt drained, emotionally flat compared to a moment past. She withered but Earth revived with bright sun and spring breeze. It was a sterling day and the market bustled with electric airs of fresh food and bike bells mixed with men shouting "The best deals!" Cut by trudging familiars and hand trucks rolling themselves; all soundtracked by Eastbirds at Lady No-Eyes' Stall, a sight drawing Sig's. It was fascinating; familiar but amazing none-the-less! From far corners everything could be found here! Exotic enchanted weapons and wares, ancient items and advanced technology, wild cuisine, high fashion and even enchanted makeup! It was the best mall on earth and Siggie'd spent time window shopping the area so she knew the awesomeness from experience. There were some great stores nearby but!!!! Today they were out for (ew disgusting) mechanical supplies, and on that front? Ms. Hohlt had absolutely-positively-entirely no idea were to begin.... Thankfully she had Yua! Poor poor, shy small and very shy Yua who looked in shambles, 100% she needed some support! So hugging Yua from behind, neck over shoulder Sig chimed -- "Chin up! We have the best job and we don't have to deal with the crazy girl!" laughing as she un-hugged, stepping beside with a quick grab to snack satchel for third breakfast.

Crunchcrunchcrunchcrunchcrunchcrunchcrunchcrunch

Went chips as Sig added through the food "You know about this area right? Then you're team captain! Oh! And yeah-yeah if Jade calls! Let me pick up the phone!" smiled innocent with mischievous plans to prank the psycho manager.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Rhonas - Artificis class - Trade Island

What was it with women being crazy ? He thought, as he listened without batting an eye. The manager sounded like a slave driver, bordering on "total bitch", and her condescending tone didn't do anything to ameliorate Rhonas' mood. What was the issue with him being a noble ? Alright, sure, he could think of a dozen few reasons by himself and they weren't exactly devoid of truth, but they were not about him. It seemed this girl was just plain mean; great... Moving on to the other girls, they did leave a somewhat better impression on him... By a short margin. Of the two of them, one was an hyperactive freak who'd probably give him a headache sooner than later, and the other - while looking absolutely adorable - looked half like a crybaby and half like a responsible person who'd rather be elsewhere. That said... She was probably the best suited to handle the funds, he wasn't gonna disagree.

The rest of the group wasn't much better anyway. Out of them three, one wasn't even human, and seemed flustered at the slightest remark, the second was ALSO hyperactive, - goddamn magitech maniacs, couldn't they at least have someone normal among them ? - spoke like he'd had adrenaline pills for breakfast, and the last one gave off a very awkward impression. He had that look that he was not having the best day of life, and for some reasons he looked extremely edgy and sensitive. All in all, the most normal person in the room was probably the teacher, and it spoke lots of the group when the one who didn't look on the edge of bursting into rage or just plain craziness was the hot-as-hell half-naked egyptian in leather pants... Whatever.

Sighing, he pinched the edge of his nose.
"Alright, alright... Since you don't seem to be doing anything worth stealing for now right here, I'll just... I don't know, do something intelligent - you should try, sometime - and protect the one person you gave the funds; which will coincidentally allow me not to bear with you for a good while. Though... I should probably put some things in place here, in case someone would be stupid enough to try and stir up shit... "

Quickly clasping his hands, he could feel the miniature circles recessed in his palms activate as they reacted with each other. Opening his hands, a spark was born, and he gave it the shape of a wand, conjuring fire into the spark. With a quick spur to the circles, the white flame turned to gleaming obsidian. Reaching out with the thumb, he carved five symbols into the side of the small stick. Stir, Rise, Blossom, Constrict, Order. The last one was particularly important, as it was the one that'd turn an useless item into an useful trap. "Maat" he thought, and "Alert" he muttered, and with that the command word was registered into the obsidian fragment. Without any more thought, he dropped it vertically onto the floor, which gave out a small sizzle as the burning obsidian buried itself in it. Forty centimeters in, maybe, and there was no trace that anything ever was dropped here, except a small dark mark on the floor, not even the size of a nail.

"So, I placed a trap in case someone tried to steal something. Command word is "Alert", and the trap should be ready to fire within five minutes. You got 8ft of reach with its tendrils, just be careful nobody's in the way of the target. The tendrils take about 3 seconds to harden and clot, keep that in mind. Now, is there anything else... Ah yes."

His voice grew suddenly stark, and maybe a little angry.

"Do not ever call me a noble again, lest you find your head too bothersome to keep on your shoulders. There are insults even I do not want to hear said to me."

With a last sigh, he stepped out of the shop, and it was as if a cold shower was poured onto his thoughts. What was warm became chilly, and his emotions fell back down to their usual almost-nonexistent level. Within instants, he arrived behind Yua and Siggie.

"I'll be here to make sure someone else doesn't consider our funds theirs... That said, don't waste the money, I guess the manager would be pretty miffed."

[Interactions : Jade and Siggie ( Jet Jet ), Yua ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles ); Nearby : Thomas ( EldridSmith EldridSmith ), Vulmar and Xelon ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 ), Khonsu "Soup" ( Deathkitten Deathkitten )]

Jade

IMG_20191128_101452-1.jpg
Xelon was a positive little fellow wasn't he? All smiles and nods, happy to be here and asking what to do. A listener unlike Tom who rattled off like a fight caller. At least Sig tracked his words with blitz-pen and thank God for that. Ice pick to eye was better than hearing his rant twice, complete as it were. It was just how he raved; so annoying despite the quality Jade admitted begrudging. That yes Tom covered it all but with too much energy and Jargon words the blonde wouldn't know; he didn't have filter. On the pros it was thorough though and Sig managed the write-up, so watching the girls leave Jade was without complaints or additional requests as she turned Xelon's way.

What would he do? Was the ask and it was a good one. His job was customer-centric but catch 22! They had none of those damn things for him to deal with. What could a customer representative do without customers..... and no, "Nothing" wasn't an option. Jade took a moment to think with eye narrows, concluding quick that reps could arrange things in and out for appeal. From displays and signs to setups and fixing damages, he and Pandora could set a welcome air. Some called it Curb Appeal but Jade liked "Giving a damn" better; she'd be professional though, meeting Xelon's eye with -- "Setups, displays, store layout. Whoever set this place could learn a thing. Look for damages too, students are always destroying things and we need this place to be perfect! Whoever came before us didn't leave it so!" bit with an eye to scratches and scrapes about, from small scuffs on the floor to missing paint specks. It wasnt horrid but the place could use work, and with magic it could be fixed quick.... even if it was a distasteful use. Jade didn't like flippant magic but outside that it was a good start with pieces drawing near. The others were purposed, the list was out and the store would be in good shape soon, smooth sailing!

But then! Ah shit here we go again.... Rhonas spoke and ohoho how the first jab came about intelligence. Jade was farthest from slow and his bite-back drew a single laugh from her. It was unnatural like a Harpy cry, crisp and songful but haunting and brimmed with incredulity. Funny how he was with backbone; interesting and surprising things! Were Rhonas human she'd be interested. Unfortunate that he was a Noble mutant and he knew it, hated it, despised the name and threatened her for it; taking another laugh from Jade. Did the Egyptian think her scared? Despite stature she was far from it, firing back -- "Of course the savage royal resorts to threats, I'd like to see you try! Shirato magitech is designed to put down dogs" said with amusement. It wasn't just joke to Jade either, despite the light sound she was dead serious. The family hated Nobles and as pure-bloods it was more than average dislike. To Jade they were diluted and malformed; he seemed to hate it too. The beast was angry over a word and Jade held another laugh as he left the store for Yua and Sig.

At least his traps were useful.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

(observations of Thomas)

EldridSmith EldridSmith

(sort of interacting with pandora, post mouth we love ur characters ffs)

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Last edited:
1583733094412.png
Xelon
interaction: Jet Jet Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider
Xelon nodded enthusiastically at jades response, good something to do make the place look nice cleanup and overall make it look presentable “right then-boss can do oh yeah we are gonna need a good name for the store, what about cosey corner? anyway, I’ll give ya some time to think about it” he chirped out happily. Although soon After the tall noble got really snappy with jade, Xelon couldn’t help but feel responsible for it... or at least making it worse though behind his happy expression you couldn’t tell.

the first order of business was probably to talk to Pandora. After all, both of them would be working together best to divide the workload accordingly right? of course, it was, besides she was really interesting especially the little rabbit thing they were cute. The thought they where constructs hadn’t dawned on him just yet, it if had he would have tried to give Pandora space. Aside from being a booster, Xelon was basically a mana battery however it did have.. an interesting side effect, those that were “charged” by it would get tipsy and well his emotional boosting only exacerbated the effects, something Xelon knew well. until he did notice Xelon was all smiles “hey here so we are gonna be working together, as customers reps, sooooo right now since there no customers we are going to make the store look nice, right? Soo I was wondering what you would like to do I was thinking maybe I could rearrange the displays and you and your... jacks? Right? Yeah could clean the floor or something unless you got a better idea?” Xelon spoke with speed but not as overly hyper as Thomas, still, it was fast and possibly a little confusing to follow.

1583785824045.png~ Colette ~
Magister
What is the cute mascot of the Japanese undersea empire? She had to do a mini-lesson on that? Weird... awkward... but hey, it meant that she'd get her spirit egg. She sighed and stood up, walking to the front of the class to turn and speak to everyone.

"Right... well," she muttered, trying to decide how to even begin, "The Japanese Undersea Empire has a lot of Tamantas. They're all over the place like cats on Cat Island, from what I've heard. They don't really cause any issues, and they're super cute, so people like them. After enough time of people either domesticating the Tamantas or just simply letting them exist amongst humans, they became synonymous with the JUE. To me, when I think of the Japanese, I think of magitech and Tamantas... and also obviously the ocean too."

"They're a country with a lot of struggles, being underwater. They rely on the school and on the NRNA for important trade, they lose people every year to magically irradiated sea monsters, not to mention the natural struggles of a massive cityscape. They need something cute to look at and cuddle once in a while," she said, then looked at the teacher for approval. That was all she could think of to say... She didn't actually know a whole lot about the country or the history and biology of Tamantas and everything. She just knew they were cute and that the Japanese people loved them.

She gingerly picked up an egg once she was allowed to go, and cradled it in her lap once she was back at her seat. Colette could feel the energy in it. Her own mana naturally beginning to flow through it. She smiled down at the egg. This was going to be her companion... whatever it came out as she would love it. Whether it be a strange dog shark thing like the teacher's or a beautiful butterfly. She would love it.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

Yua Smith
Thursday the 5th of October, Year 500
9:10 Trade Island
Being out in the open air and out of the entire situation seemed to help, she didn't feel nearly as nerved up and wound tight. Now that she could think straight she was on the right path...she knew a few of the merchants around here and she could probably work a good deal out of them if she just spoke carefully. Her train of thought took a steep turn, right off a cliff, when Siggie came up behind her to hug her, blood rushing to the young girls face in embarrassment. "Ri-right! I know a lot about the local area and...three thousand should be more than enough for everything." Glancing over to her she gave a small nod, blood leaving her face just as quickly as it came at the prospect of Jade calling them. "...Yea that's....I'll just hand you the phone."

The young blonde nearly jumped out of her skin at the voice of the noble coming up behind them, spinning around to face him. "G-got it! I don't intend to waste any funds. We'll be able to get the list, and still, have plenty to work with after the first shopping run...Thank you for coming with us." Spinning around she paused to consider their location...there was Wonderful Wares around here, and Fabians Fabrics was also nearby. It'd be a bit harder to get books and reading materials as there wasn't a surplus of any shops that sold them, but there were a few. "Alright, when it comes to buying mechanical parts, I know a spot that we can pick up supplies in bulk for discounted prices, and I know the owner so I might be able to ask for them a bit cheaper...there's also a wonderful stall nearby that sells fabrics and materials that'd make great clothes, but it's a bit pricier than other stalls....but I can probably haggle it lower! When it comes to books it's going to be a bit of a walk since not a lot of booksellers sadly...Come on!" The more she talked about how they should proceed and how they'd go about it, the more relaxed she seemed to become...this was just a lot like working front counter at Rowena's. But instead of doing the selling, she was doing the buying! Making a motion of 'follow me' with her prosthetic she started down the street. As they walked she held up her prosthetic as if she was checking a watch, the top of its wrist sliding back to reveal a small digital clock...nine ten. They could be back super quick if this all went well! "Just...let me do the purchasing alright? I'm sure I can get us through this!"

Jet Jet Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

1583792048339.png~ Nayr ~
Team Lea - Insidiator
"Alright I'm bored of the show and tell already," Nayr said, smiling wide, "I wanna hunt some students. Lea, you're up with this. You're team lead, so what say you? Plan of action, please. Personally, I say we have a few ways of going about this. We could try to use Lee, how cute and small he is, to lure or at least discern the location of the other class. If he walks in the open, pretends to be lost, then he's sure to get sympathy. After he's assisted, then we know their location and can track and fire from there."

"Alternatively, I think another good option is to aim for the cover of the leaves. People don't look up as often as they should. If we can do so quietly, or at least to the rhythm of natural sounds, then we stand a good chance of going unseen. Since I'm vitae, I can make sure we all have natural camoflauge of leaves and the sort... and I can use aere to dampen my sounds," she explained, using a hand to brush against some of the deep foliage.

Nayr grew leaves and ivy into a small hat, which she then sat on top of Lee's head, grinning, "Up to you, chief. Just tell me what, I'm raring to go."

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Jet Jet Kyrenka Kyrenka

Miranda Olesen
Thur, the 5th of October, Year 500
9:10 - Magister
Miranda was happy to learn that she was correct about the Tamantas being from the Japanese Undersea Empire. But then she came up with a smart idea. "Speaking about Tamantas. We should bring one to our magister class, since they would love to be on the Aquas Island," said Miranda, who said that as an excuse to hug them.
After saying that, Miranda noticed that it was her turn. Getting up from her seat, she merely stood there for a few minutes. Because Miranda was thinking of what to say in her lecture. "...Um, because the questions I put on the paper are for Mr. Artor. I will talk about something else." said Miranda, as she was fiddling with her fingers for a bit. She then made her tail appear from underneath her uniform, for her lecture is going to be somewhat confusing if they don't know that she is an Egyptian. "I am going to talk about surviving in Terra Orientis's desert, since that desert is a pain in the ass to deal with," said Miranda. Her head glowed from her happiness, but it eventually disappeared.
"Terra Orientis's desert has some plants there, so making a fire was very easy to create. Especially if you have ignus or ex diem magic, because they will easily catch on fire. Water is also easy to find if you are paying attention to the birds in the morning and the evening, because they will always find a source of water. Barrel Cactuses are another good way to get water because of their pulp. You just squeeze the juice out in order to get some water, and don't eat the pulp.
As for getting food, just throw a cactus at the weak creatures, and stomp on the side that has no needles. That is pretty much how I survived in that desert, and I had to avoid the scary bunny beasts as well."
said Miranda.
She looked away from everybody while having her tail tucked away when she mentioned the bunny beasts. Because what they do to the other creatures that they have captured was terrifying.
Once Miranda was done with her lecture, she went to go get an egg. "Oooo, this one is pretty." said Miranda, as she picked up a diamond looking egg. 'Maybe it is a unicorn. I want a pretty unicorn.' thought Miranda.
She took the egg back to her seat once she received it, and kept staring at her future companion with her glowing head and high tail.
Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten Peckinou Peckinou Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

1584243463669.png Thomas turned to Vulmar once again confounded by the six armed "MALE", which was proposterous due to the impressive chest. "You're pulling my leg!!! Go find a biology book and read it if you don't believe me!" Thomas says in a huff, clearly frustrated with the mutant who didn't even know basic biology on humans. He didn't pay the late Egyptian much notice as his attention was quickly grabbed by- "OoOh naming the shop!! How about Clockwork Corner? Hodge Podge Lodge? Tinkerer's Trove? Knick-knack Shack? Runic Reliquary? Spring Store? Magitech Marvels? Inventor Center?..." He says rattling off about 20 names as he pulls even more spare parts out of his clockwork mech dog to make more trinkets and toys with.
Jet Jet Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne (sorry it's short, not much to respond to)

1584332231275.pngLavka Kashik
08:50 - Magister Class

Mentions: ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Osuka Osuka Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Lavka wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of getting a familiar though presentations wasn't out of the norm for them having done their fair share of them when in college. Though explaining their work in words would be a bit difficult but they decided to give it a try non the less as they got from their seat and moved towards the center of the class with a bit of pride shown in their walk. "Alright, well i choose to use this problem practically because it was once on one of my tests for school freshman year." Lavka went on to looking at the front seeing that their was no board they then looked towards Mr.Artor before moving on to address him "Mr.Artor do you happen to have any type of board lying around." With a snap of his fingers a board that they could write on appeared and Lavka smiled a bit before moving on to thank him. Lavka then approached the board and moved on to write the equation down before moving on to explain how you could get the answer.
r(t)=et(costi+sintj+7tk)
"Now Given the position vector of the particle, the velocity is calculated by taking the first derivative of the position vector with respect to time, and the acceleration is calculated by taking the first derivative of the velocity with respect to time. Which should give you answers related to as such. "
Deciding that they shouldn't take to long trying to explain the answers they decided it would be best to just write it instead of go into details about each one.
Velocity: v(t)=e^t((cost−sint)i+(cost+sint)j+7(1+t)k)
Acceleration: a(t)=e^t((−2sint)i+(2cost)j+7(2+t)k)

"I could go into more detail on how to obtain these answers but I'm sure Mr.Artor wouldn't wish for me to take up too much of his class time." Upon saying that they smiled at Mr.Artor before moving towards the Familiar eggs and immediately frowned as soon as their eyes were off of Mr.Artor. They closely Analyzed each of the eggs before moving on to take the Yellowish looking one. They grumbled a bit as they took it back to their seat and layed it right on their desk and moving on to stare at it for a quite a bit.​

Mavior Eleus
Thursday, The 5th of October, Year 500
08:50- Magister Class
Listening to each brief 'lesson' with complete attention, he slowly stood up when his time came around, walking to the front of the class and spinning around. "My question was on the ancient warlord and Mongol conquerer, Ghengis Khan. Dating back thousands of years before our current era, before our nations, most of our records are ancient texts preserved by the Great Khan Republic. These texts cite that Ghengis Khan, who the country likely attributes part of their name too, was an ancient Mongol Leader, responsible to a death toll of approximately forty million people. This was in part caused by his fair but ruthless style of leading, and his tactics in general. Again, a contributing factor was his conquer of much of the eastern world, a feat that likely played no small roll in the climbing death toll. These deaths had lasting effects on the world for some time, including adjustment of the climate and causing cooling...that is all I think would be appropriate to cover in the current time we're allotted." After an almost robotic speech, he wandered over, studying the eggs available to him before reaching out and grabbing a sleek black one, and heading back to his chair to sit down.

Artor smiled wide, nodding a bit. "Excellent work so far everyone! You've been doing great, but you all have room to improve on some aspects. That is why we're here though! I'll give you proper criticism when you've all had your lecture. Alright, up next, miss Lilliana."
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Leanansidhe - The Ring - Insidiator Class

As far as things go, I already mentioned going up in the trees, and seeing as you concur, we’re gonna keep this course of action.I said, nodding to Nayr. She was quick, that girl, and not easily impressed either.On the other hand, I’d rather avoid being seen at all… The best prey is the prey that doesn’t know it is hunted, after all. I muttered under my voice as I thought quickly. There was one thing.Teach said that we’ll be paintballed if we were spotted. That’s quite open to interpretation…

<Attack, boy. Deal a decisive blow, destroy them all. Stealth is auxiliary to supreme firepower.> <<No! Don’t listen to that freak… hear me, Lea, dear… For your own sake, you must remain away from sight. That’s the only way to be sure you won’t be in danger.>> -No! they all lie the same! Believe me… … Let others do the work for you and reap the fruit of their efforts… That’s the only way to go, boy…-

A cacophony, that’s what it was. Those guys… Couldn’t even find an agreement on what I should do. Ugh. But that’s just another word for “they’re being a pain in the ass.” Though… I guess all of their ideas were sound somehow, for those of them who actually said something. I could make something out of it, and I think it would even be a decent strategy. Though we’d have the disadvantage of lacking in resilience no matter what, so we’d have to compensate with the rest of what we did.

I started humming a tune as I was thinking. "
When daddy comes marching home…" No, those weren’t the right lyrics… I think. I finally picked up my gun, looking at how it was made and how it worked. If I didn’t, I’d look like one amazing dumbass in the middle of the field when I’d try to fire it.Anyway. Nayr, your plan sounds about right, so we’ll go for it, but with a little tweaking. Lee, you’ll be the lure. Zoom around at high speed, draw in anyone you can find. We three will be the arrow. Whenever you give us a target we’ll swoop down from the foliage and take care of them. That implies that you both, Cayden and Nayr, as well as myself will be hidden there, above your head. You little boy will have to stay down here or in the branches, and you must never go above or we’ll all be spotted. Trust us to cover you, that’s all you need.

That said, we still had to get going. I had my gun in one hand, and my knuckles were white from how hard I was gripping it. Alright I was tense enough, I guess. I walked to the closest tree while pumping magic into my legs. When I was done, I could feel my muscles on the verge of bursting under the energy. Fuck yes. I jumped up to the branches in one motion, expending all of the energy I had built up to propel myself with the motion. Right before I collided with it, I grabbed a branch and used my momentum to spin around it and land on it.

Crouching on the branch and looking down, I called them.
Let’s get started, It’s boring alone up there !

[Interactions : Nayr ( Deathkitten Deathkitten ), Lee ( Kyrenka Kyrenka ), Cayden ( Jet Jet )]

Oni.jpg Bored demon.jpg
Please don’t grab my shirt like that you’re gonna damage it… Anyway. Little miss wanted me to go and deep strike on the other teams. Eliminating competitors was something I could behind indeed… “And keep yourself out of sight” she said… Aight, I knew what to do; wouldn’t even be difficult. I knew things that’d be more than happy to get to stretch their legs a little, and it’s been a really long time since I last practiced swordsmanship… Let’s get going I guess; the less time I lose the more time I have to prepare ahead.

“Hey lil’ miss. I don’t mind doing what you’re asking me, but I think we need to… keep in touch.” I said, while putting a hand on her shoulder. It didn’t mean anything, it was simply there to create the mental connection between the two of us that’d allow me to communicate with her over the distance. In my head, I could feel her presence now. My brother was taking up half my horizon, but the rest was mostly free. So when I felt the thread of blue light, I knew it was all good.

“Now miss… Don’t worry about me, I’ll be back shortly." With a wry smile, I called upon the energy coursing in my veins, and a second later, wreathed in shadows and spectral energy, I vanished from this world./

/Aah... the other side. I felt at home here - as much as I could feel home in a place that was thousands of kilometers away from where I was born. Yet, being in this world felt so much more natural to me, to my brother too. We were born in this world after all - in this place, we wore no masks at all; the shapes we displayed here were the true appearance of our spirits. And today... I had the spirit of a hunter. A predator. I jumped in place a few times, stretching myself from head to claw... from head to toe, sorry. Alright, no time to be lost. I had to hunt down bunches of kids. Totally overkill, but hey. I'm far from being a saint.

As I willed it, my shadow spread around, covering a couple square meters. I could feel them inside, boiling with impatience, and that made me smile. Of course, there was nobody here, otherwise they'd have seen a row of pointed teeth like a wolf's... And they'd have run the fuck away.
"RUN, MY HOUNDS ! SING, MY SWORDS ! FIND THEIR BLOOD AND LEAD ME THERE..." My voice boomed, and at my words they leapt out of the pool of darkness at my feet. Two black dogs, magnificent hellhounds - about 4'2" at the withers, 4'7" at the top of their head, crowned by a magnificent pair of ram horns, if I may say so myself. They were not sentient, though, only animated with the desire to hunt down their prey. With a minor mental effort, I called the mind of my brother, and metaphorically gave him the leash of one of the hounds, before sending it back to the side the others were on. It was a little trick technique; I was still technically the maker and energy-feeder of the hound, but I was switching it to the background tasks level of importance, so that my brother could deal with it. We were almost one in mind, so it was quite easy to do. With a flick of the wrist, I sent the other hound to work on this side of things...

And then my swords came out. Four shadowy representations of Muramasa, the blade I owned on the other side. They were pitch-black and looked very menacing; in truth they were frail and brittle, due to their thinness and amount - they remained very sharp though. Glass cuts as well as steel after all, it's only for blocking that hardness matters. With a gesture of the fingers, I made them float in my back, ready to surge forward at my command - And then, letting out a sigh of excitement, I started stalking around for foes.
"...FOR THE HUNT HAS BEGUN."

In the meanwhile, Ahmar is just bored.

[Interactions : Kira ( Peckinou Peckinou )]

Patronus - 09:15
After twenty-five minutes of setup and exploration, the teams were finally starting to get somewhere. It seemed that there were actually a number of Mana Wyrms out in the forest, but they weren't exactly easy to catch. They were fast, slippery, small bastards that had a penchant of squirming into hard to reach places in the underbrush. They darted at the hint of a predator, which included bursts of mana.

They weren't as dumb as they were made out to be, even if their face made them look like they had a single brain cell rattling around inside. They were prey animals and knew how to act like one. As fast as a cheetah is, gazelles still manage to get away. This was no different here.

Osuka Osuka Kyrenka Kyrenka EldridSmith EldridSmith Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Jet Jet
Team Ivan - Ivanna - Gathering Tinder
On Team Ivan, Ivanna was hard at work, trying to gather enough tinder for their little setup. If they were expected to make some sort of a camp, even though they wouldn't be spending the night in it, she wanted it done right. To survive a night, one needed fire. One could sleep under the stars, but they would die of the cold and have no place to cook their food if they did not have a fire.

With this much underbrush, kindling was easy to find, though it was a little harder to find dry logs and twigs for her usage. Still, she had a little pile going and was hoping someone else might clear a spot and start to set up the ring for the fire. Stones were always an easy way to mark out the area, and you didn't want your camp itself going ablaze. She was sure that would result in a not so nice grade...

Team Chepi - Venissa - Following Zak and trying to help
On Team Chepi, Venissa had made the bold decision to go with Zak to try to help him catch Mana Wyrms. She felt like she probably wasn't going to be much help... to be honest... but she felt like he made a weird feeling in her stomach, one she wanted to investigate further. He was... cute. He was blunt, but that only meant he seemed extra tough compared to the shyness of Venissa. To put it simply, she was totally falling for him. Her first crush.

"Should... should we set some sort of a trap?" she whispered, watching the wyrms fly about without a care in the world overhead. She hadn't the foggiest idea of how to try to catch them. She didn't know what they'd eat, so she couldn't lure them. She wasn't fast, so she couldn't just dart out. She was scared of her own magic... so... she was kind of useless. Or at least she felt that way. She waited for Zak's direction.

((In your post, please denote what your character is actively doing, same as I did, to make it easier for others in your team to aid you and interact.))

Insidiator - 09:15
It has been twenty-five minutes since the start of class, and by now, the groups have decided their approach to this interesting little assignment. Whether going by trees or by underbrush or by some other sly method, they are all hiding and stalking their prey. No one has been seen yet, but neither has anyone managed to shoot a target. How well they were doing at stalking depended on their method. Branches were prone to breaking if you didn't watch your step. One false move and you'd be on the forest floor. The underbrush had small creatures you could spook that could alert someone to your location, as well as twigs to snap under your feet. Magic as a method on its own had problems as well. And with all this... what if one of the Patronus students were a Spiritus? Plans upon plans, even in this first exercise. It was daunting.

Peckinou Peckinou Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Jet Jet Kyrenka Kyrenka CapRock CapRock Osuka Osuka
Team Lea - Nayr - Hunting for anyone Lee can find
She was impressed that Lea didn't break the branch he had swung upon but wasn't exactly impressed with their choice of method. Stealth was key, right? Why would you risk jumping up there and making a sound like a rifle shot by breaking a branch? A snapping tree in a forest was ridiculously, alarmingly loud. She didn't say anything about it though, and just settled her hand on Lee's shoulder.

"You'll do great. All you gotta do is be friendly, which you already are!" she said, smiling sweetly at the kid. She didn't think by 'seen' the teacher meant literally. If this was a stealth game where anything goes, it would make more sense for seen to mean 'found out'... buuuut... if they were wrong, then Lee was gonna have an unfriendly interaction with a paintball. Knowing the crazy of this school, it'd probably come out of a tree, for all she knew.

She looked at Cayden and smiled as well, "Alright then. I guess we're doing this. It feels... weirdly serious for a first day thing, but... I guess they're wanting to get us going fast. You ready?" Like a slingshot, she thought to herself after her sentence. Nayr looked up at the tree Lea had planted himself in and touched its trunk, growing vines up it to aid her in climbing up. It was easy for her to do, something she had done - much to her parents' chagrin - many many times at home. She crouched near the base of the large lower limb of the tree, shrouded by leaves, and waited.

Twenty minutes later, and she was still waiting. They had moved tree to tree, but this area was bigger than she would have thought. It was a waiting game, though. 90 percent of stealth was patience... and she was getting really bored already. She hoped Lee would find someone soon.

((In your post, please denote who your group is hunting, same as I did, to make it easier for others in your team to aid you and interact.))

~Liliana Bermudez~
09:15 - Magister Class

LFB.jpg It was the first day and she was already going to fail. Mr. Artor had collected their papers when she hadn't even written anything down. Shit. What would her parents think? What would her classmates think? What would her broth-

Stop that. The brunette immediately clamped down on her thoughts, suffocating them until her mind was empty. Just don't think about it. Luckily, Liliana didn't need to think about it as Mr. Artor brought out familiar eggs. In an instant, her whole mood changed. Pets! Familiars were a little more complicated than the average goldfish and guinea pig, but they were still pets! I've always wanted a dog! A dog was probably far-fetched, but she didn't care. Any familiar was better than nothing. The brunette was on the edge of her seat as the teacher called out the order of students. She ducked her head in shame at being called out for not answering, but the knowledge that another student didn't either was actually more relieving than she expected. Of course, that wasn't the end. Next they had to give lectures? Artor said lecture, but it more like a short spiel on what their question was about and facts about it. That's still not fun. The brunette wasn't made for public speaking. She stumbled, stuttered, and slurred her words too often; like as if her tongue was unfamiliar with the motions. It's the nervousness. Being nervous made her overthink things which in turn made her speech a little on the sloppy side. Just don't be nervous! Ha, like as if it were that easy.

First up was Colette. She was pretty and seemed so mature. Why can't I be like her? The other student made presenting seem so easy. Next was Miranda, a obviously younger girl. She must be another prodigy. How else would she be so familiar with survivalist skills? After her was Lavka. Lavka. It was such a pretty name for a pretty girl. At least, I think she's a girl. Would it be rude to ask? After a moment Liliana decided that yes, it would be rude. Lavka was also an obvious prodigy, or maybe just really good at math. The brunette couldn't keep up with what she was saying but then again she never had been good with numbers to begin with. Of course, after Lavka was Mavior. Liliana was getting tense, they were getting closer to her and she still didn't really have an idea of what she wanted to say; instead, she had just been focusing on writing down notes from everyone's presentations. Why is it so easy for all of them? Even Mavior, who had pretty quiet during the class, was going through his little lecture so smoothly that it was like he had rehearsed it. How the heck is he able to remember all of that? That just sealed it for the brunette. She was a side character in a classroom full of protagonists. As soon as Mavior ended, Liliana felt a pit form in her stomach. My turn.

Numbly, she stood up and trudged up to the front of the class feeling like a woman on death row. She faced everyone and felt her pulse pick up along with her thoughts. Fuck, should I have worn makeup today? Can they see me sweating? I think I'm going to die. She swallowed once, twice, three times before she finally mustered the courage to speak. "Um," Liliana resisted to urge to flinch at how loud her voice sounded in her own ears. At a quieter volume, she spoke slowly in order to prevent herself from fumbling, "Ultimas come from Terra Augurium. Specifically, from the Augurium School." Pause. Breathe. Continue. "The process to become a Ultima is a secret, but only Augurium can make you into one. They are very powerful and because of this Ultimas have to work for Augurium." Gesturing vaguely, the brunette mumbled, "It wouldn't be a good idea to make soldiers just for them to join your enemy." She was forgetting something, and it was bothering her. The longer she thought and the longer the silence went on the more anxious she got. It took only a few long seconds, but it felt like an eternity before Liliana exclaimed, "Oh!" Another pause before she spoke again at a quieter volume, "Ultimas get a new and much stronger familiar. They're all pretty unique and tend to be bigger than the starter familiars."

That was it. unceremoniously and a little stiffly, Liliana moved to the eggs. There were so many, and all of them had such attractive shells. Her eyes moved from glossy surfaces, to swirling colors, over to rougher shells. Her hand hovered over the batch as her gaze darted from egg to egg before finally landing on the perfect one. That one! Gently, the brunette picked up her chosen egg before giving Mr. Artor a shy smile and carefully making her way back to her desk. Turning the egg around in her hands, Liliana could feel her heart souring. A familiar! They were a mage's best friend. A platonic soul mate of sorts. And now I have mine. Her fingers cautiously skimmed the egg's coarse surface as she excitedly imagined what would hatch from it. It was Locoma's turn, but the brunette doubted that she'd be able to give her classmate enough attention with her familiar in her hands.

((Mentioned ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles 's Artor & Mavior, Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Colette and Locoma, Blackrose7 Blackrose7 's Miranda, and Peckinou Peckinou 's Lavka))

~Lee Owens~
09:15 - Insidiator Class: Team Leanansidhe

Lee Owens.jpg When Nayr had first suggested her plan, Lee's eyes widened to comical proportions. Peeking from underneath his new hat, his gaze darted from Nayr to Leanansidhe to Cayden and back to Nayr again; he didn't see much chance in arguing with the older girl's plan. Can I do it? It seemed a bit sudden to be thrown into the field, right? His mouth turned down as he shifted nervously. One of his old teachers had said that the best way to learn how to do something was to do it yourself, but the redheaded boy doubted that she meant hunting down his fellow classmates. Just trust them. His grip tightened on the weapon that still seemed too heavy in his grip. Everyone here was experienced, they knew what they were doing. As his teammates ascended into the trees, Lee did his best to keep his chin up and his back straight. Be brave! He needed to show Talvyn and Ms. Ellania and Mom and Dad and all of his classmates that he could do this! He wasn't a scaredy cat! He was strong and he could do this!

Deep breath in. Deep breath out.

Steeling his nerves, Lee moved forward. It was terrifying to wander in the forest alone; he had to keep reminding himself that he wasn't alone. He had three personal body guards! Glancing up from time to time, the redhead could catch glimpses of them. Sometimes it was colorful flash of Leanansidhe, sometimes it was a small wave and reassuring smile from Nayr, and on the rare occasion Lee could spot Cayden; although, whenever his eyes landed on the older boy he was gone almost instantly. With how quiet and mysterious he was, the redhead was starting to believe that Cayden was some sort of ninja. Although his attention had initially been captured by Leanansidhe, Nayr and Cayden were quickly gaining just as much interest. I wonder if Cayden's killed anyone? Nayr seemed like a no with how uncomfortable she was before, but sometimes desperate people in impossible circumstances could do some brutal things. Who knew? Maybe she'd surprise him.

As the minutes ticked by, Lee was growing more and more confident. His steps were no longer quiet and he stomped through the undergrowth, hoping to attract attention. At one point he began loudly humming. Not only was he reassured with his teammates watching him, he also wanted to see them in action. His mind had weaved theory after theory of who his teammates really were and what they could do. He needed to see them in action!

((Mild interaction Deathkitten Deathkitten 's Nayr, Jet Jet 's Cayden, and Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Leanansidhe))

f4eeb5b7452c99cea076996a0b47507c.jpg
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the? Security dude was a redwood, eight feet at least God damn! Sig was sure birds shopped him for housing — maybe squirrels too? His height wowed with second part scared, but why Sig couldn't say. A primal fear perhaps, recoiling at his "how are we the same species" size. Siggie's brain struggled to recognize humanity in him, seeing a dangerous beast instead! With such emotion she couldn't help wide-eyes at his approach, but the weird look passed when he spoke. With speech he registered human, mind realizing "Aha, this eight foot thing is actually a person" crumbling Sig's tension.

It wasn't a good start though, hopefully he'd missed the look. Sig didn't want to seem the bigot when she was the contrary. Mutations were awesome and she was happy to have big fella' around! But would her reaction communicate it? Ehhhhhhhhh

Hell no, a bet her face drained! It was so damn embarrassing! Could time travel exist already? She could fly back and tell herself "DON'T STARE!" Science had to step up because Sig's look was cemented. Fuck it! What you can't change you can't sweat, screw the anxiety with a power-drill. She'd make her stance known at some point anyway — as an ally of giant human mutant people worldwide! Shoutout to the oddballs.

Yua was like that too, an oddball with tiny frame and a metal arm. Her and Rhonas overlapped even if physical opposites. Short and mechanical vs Thor-giant and biological; they typed different but were the same beasts even if different animals! At least this beast wasn't built intimidating — instead nerdy-knowledgeable of whole the area. She knew awful lots about what could be bought n' bartered and who could be talked to and what-how-when-why.... everything. It seemed she could talk far more than expected too! It was cute how she subverted expectations, Siggie liked that and didn't mind when Yua took the lead, she deserved it.

So following along Sig munched away on something sweet for a moment. She didn't know supply stores and didn't have anything to argue or add but she could encourage Yua, chiming — "Righto! I trust you!" muffled through food with a swollow, adding "I'm really fast, if we need to hit a bunch of stores for books I can do that! Oh and hey... maybe we can buy snacks for everyone? People got to eat on the job you know...." said mischievous with a smile, hoping obvious joke was obvious. The land knew her gluttony and misappropriation wasn't her gig —

But.... well some people probably did need food like Chungus Rhonas. His metabolism had to be miles-a-minute firing calories out a cannon; and speaking of his size... Sig was curious and would ask simply — "You're really big huh? Um........... That sounded terrible!" laughing aloud with a clearing "Not in a bad way but how did you get that tall? You hiding stilts down there?" the end faux-suspicious with eye narrows and a look to legs; as if stilts were a real possibility.

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
source-7.gif
Quiet girl stuck to, seeking adventure in the bush. She wasn't wild-typed but "books n' covers" applied twice now. Zak liked how out of place she was in the jungle; mouse small with the tough three around. With Vee there it felt half the escort mission and Zak's "protect drive" engaged, pushing his focus up a notch. He was locked in for it, eagle-eye to approach angles with thoughts of counterplay and tactics. Eloquent and out the manual he wasn't but war-ready? Absolutely - thinking "Nuke a tree if ape-men come above" among other strats for the setting. Zak had plan after plan cooking and he'd stomp whatever attacked, not to mention what Skyscrape Kitchi and Burning Willow could do. They were ace support and maybe Venissa could fight in a pinch? Zak didn't know her but looks meant little in Augurium; a strong caster could come in any size.

All combined they were built; the natives would do well tredding light around them. From Swarms to Silverbacks the team would big, and a surefire Zak half-hoped a monkey would swing from above! Fur skin and gnarled lips screaming with a big club it'd come hard just to fall faster at his hand! A flashy win for the books and he wanted to show off right now.... but why?

Something vague pushed him, was it for the girl at his back? She had a vibe he couldn't place — giving soft weight to his shoulders and tug in his gut. It spoke "show your best" and defeating beasts would do that in spades! Zak longed for proving grounds instead of stressing the risk. He wanted the challenge of beast to stomp and wyrm to catch in time for tea! He'd look ace doing it too — declaring "Mission accomplished" with Team 2 in the dust and bragging rights his own!

If they could catch a wyrm that was, because they darted octane-fast! Blitzing the forest with jitter jukes they swerved trees at a pace men couldn't match. Off the look it wouldn't be easy and Zak watched pturbed, confidence hitting reality. He knew they were light-fast but it didn't matter, illogical as it were he'd find a way to be faster! No chance a stupid worm would win; not with his combat record! These low insects were built to be outsmarted and overpowered.

Or trapped? Venissa's suggestion jolted Zak as they trudged the underbrush. The wyrms were hard caught so maybe she was right? He had a plan already but her's worked too, and stopping with a turn he'd meet Vee's look with a quiet — "Ya not wrong, might be best bets. Gonna try a straight catch n' if they slip me I say we trap-em too. Unless one-a dem got better ideas" whispered with a nod to Kitchi and Willow in case they had plans... Not that Zak would stick around to find out! Wyrms were flying straight above presenting a rare chance. With a single move he could end the game with a win right here and now! This wasn't planning hour and springing-to he'd conjure dark stairs around a tree trunk; running the spiral steps until thirty feet split him from the ground.

It was a novel climb but Zak ignored the first-time rush, he had to lock in, review the plan and get to work. First the jump had to be perfect; intercepting a wyrm wouldn't be easy but he could do it if he watched their flow for timing. After jumping with a wyrm picked he'd catch it with his right hand, shooting a dark tether from his left. As the tether anchored a branch he'd have the wyrm caught already and then he'd swing to stop at trunk's side. Make some stairs back to earth and ergo - Bobs your uncle it'd be done with a bang. He'd be the hero, handle the candle and then shit talk team two after class. EASY!

All that was left was execution, and with a rush Zak sprang confident from the tree. With wind rushing he'd imagine the catch, locking on a passing wyrm with success visualized. This was hunting season and str
etching out he'd go for the mark. It was quick but Zak was first to the spot, palm intercepting the slick mana bug perfectly! It was manifest destiny ripe for the taking just as predicted in the plan! All he had to do was clamp down and with quick fingers he'd ball a fist for the catch! The wyrm would be his!

But at the last second his hope was ripped asunder. The damn thing had darted sideways — impossibly so! Like a hovercraft switching lanes it dashed left without a stop and turn or even a slow. It was unnatural bullshit how it glid sideways, juking Zak's clasp at the final second like a fuckin' bait scam innit? Zak was pissed and flailing he'd lunge again but it was hopeless effort. He'd come nowhere near with airtime exhausted, beginning his inevitable descent. "Fuckin scumbag wyrm I'll gut ya" he'd think bullish as forward position swung him face down. A bad position to fall but Zak reacted with a tether to front, wrapping dark-rope around a tree.

Pulling to trunk he'd chuckle hard, mad lamenting — "Fuckin ell' - fast bugs eh?" with short breath and a dark-stair descent to earth. Heading back to the team he'd put hands to pockets, processing his L and the silver positives. No they didn't have a wyrm but they'd learned from it at least..... oh and he'd dodged a faceplant! All considered it wasn't the best showing but it wasn't embarrassing either; only off the mark by a hair.

Deathkitten Deathkitten EldridSmith EldridSmith

Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider (baby come back, baby come back TO MEEEEE)

Last edited:
1585021969063.pngKawin Twins
08:50 - Insidator Class
Kawin Twins
Interactions: Ahmad and Aswad Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3
Kira honestly didn't mind her fellow roommate touching her to form a mental connection in order to keep in touch, it seemed like a decent strategy to her and as of right now she was too focused on this game to think much of it. She watched the Demon twin disappear from sight honestly not knowing if he was using Tenebris or Spirtus magic to disappear from her or maybe even a combination of the two. Though in the end she honestly didn't care much as she made her way towards Arik who was looking at the position of where Aswad disappeared at with a bit of interest. Arik was able to see Aswad in his Spiritus form which was honestly a bit horrifying to look at for some people, but Arik found it more neat and amusing then just plain horrifying. Arik was snickering a bit to himself upon seeing the devil hounds while Kira was looking at Arik with a knowing look. Figuring out that Aswad disappeared on her by using Spiritus magic instead of Tenebris, Kira didn't care much as she simply went on to gather Ariks and Ahmars attention and ordered them to move out with her. Since their job would be to actully take down the Patronus students which should be a fun little activity to say the least.
Time Skip
Kira took Arik and Ahmar deep into the woods with her, taking notes on certain areas in the forest that could make for easy ambush sights which could be useful for later on. When the got to a area that would make a ambush very easy quite a few bushes and a lot of trees around that were all decently wide enough to hide behind, plus she could just use Tenebris magic to disappear from sight if they do hear someone approaching. Kira sat down on the ground sure it would mean it would be hard take more time to move if someone approached but they had bushes and trees covering them from sight along with her Tenebris magic. She then smirked a bit taking a little rest before looking over towards Arik. She didn't waist much time before calling to him in a low voice "Arik." Upon calling his name she was able to get his attention. "I want you to take towards spirtus form and scout ahead, once you see a Patronus student come right back, if their insidator you can take note but continue on course. Don't take risks to get yourself caught or seen." Arik nodded to Kira before sitting down on the ground and prepared himself to go into spiritus form. Kira on the mean hand shifted her attention towards Ahmar "Now i want you to stay near my brother and if anyone begins to approach near us then i want you to grab him. Also do be aware if you cause any physical harm to my brother then i can guarantee you that the pain you will be in will be way worse than the pain Arik would be in." Her eyes were dead serious as Arik just chuckled a bit before knocking himself out and entering his spirit form.
1585024562625.png
Arik Kawin
Arik couldn't help but find his Sister being overprotective of him amusing to say the least but a lot of things were certainly amusing today, especially that Ahmars guys brother he figured they may have similar forms too though Kira was no angel her self, sorta. Anyways he still had a little assignment to do that Kira gave to him which was to scout ahead for the nearest Patronus student which was no doubt likely gonna be Kiras target once he reported back. He was about 5 inches shorter in spirit form compared to his main body but he didn't dwell too much on it as he simply stretched out his arms and wings and took off from the ground using his wings. He kept himself high enough that the tree leaves would make it hard to see him and they didn't care much about running into anything since he could just move through them. He honestly had 2 ways to approach things. A move so fast that you will be gone by the time another spirtus would even be aware that you were there in the first place or move slow and cautiously. Moving slow would make stealth more viable and easier but if he gets seen before he can notice someone then that would be game. Though for the speed option it would be hard for him to confirm if thier patronus students or not but it would make it so that people would at best only be able to get a glimpse of him before being gone from sight. Though he didn't know if glimpses counted or not since they wouldn't know what they saw or if it was a person to even begin with so that could be a bit of a risk though he would only need a glimpse of a person. Arik took a moment of contemplation before deciding to speed through keeping high into the trees yet low enough so it would provide him cover. He looked down on the ground to identify any targets if he saw anyone he would simply move a make a U turn when they were far away from their able sight ,while being sure to avoid that location again on their way back. Though if anyone was in the trees he would likely suspect them of being a Patronus student which would be neat info to keep to say the least.

Locoma - Magister
Her turn, huh? This was going to be fun. She swore... if her familiar turned out to be a fish or something, damn it. She wanted a refund. Locoma stood with a sigh and looked at her classmates... not that those who already got their egg would be paying much attention at this point... "Benitoite," she began, "As you all know at least somewhat, is a mineral that is rare and difficult to get ahold of. It is the only one we have thus far found that has anti-magic properties like it does. My question was a bit of a trick one, because how much you need to make it pop depends on the rate of flow of the mana going into it, and the sample of benitoite you're using."

"Most of the time, these samples will be small, since the mineral is hard to get ahold of. There are two places where you see it in larger quantities. Most people know that it's prevalent in Terra Austri, but the mineral is actually named after a location near the west coast of the New Republic of North America. It is difficult to mine, but people are always looking at new ways to improve the process and gain more access to the useful and dangerous mineral."

She was done, so she turned and grabbed the egg nearest to her before heading back to her desk. A simple explanation for some simple people. A familiar would be useful... if for nothing else than an extra set of eyes and... hands? She still wondered what it would look like. Having the egg in her arms... she actually started to feel a little protective of it.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Ariu Ei - Magister Class

It sure was an interesting class for the redhead; not often had she met so many people with such interesting knowledge - and by the looks of it, it seemed that they were all younger than her, which drew an amused silent sigh from her lips. She was in a quite difficult situation, though, as she had to both take notes and write her own lecture that she had to give to the teacher - lecture that quickly turned into an essay judging by the length of it.

So she did the one thing that most writers consider to be an absolute taboo - writing with both hands at once on different pages. Granted, she could not follow what her classmates were saying while writing on her own without risking to accidentally put down her notes on her work sheets, which would be an ABSOLUTE DISASTER. On the other hand - pun absolutely intended - she could write quite fast with both hands so despite the method she was doing quite well.

When it came to be her turn to present her topic, she rose up from her place and deftly gave to Artor the couple sheets on which she had written her lecture, then picked up a familiar egg before returning to her place.

The “Legend of the Ages” is a collection of poems written by the famous aquilonian author Victor Hugo, designed as a monumental work made to depict the history and evolution of mankind. Written intermittently over 25 years, this epic was published through three series of books over 24 years. Carried by a poetic verve without peer, this work is said to sum up the entirety of Hugo’s skill and to represent the last line of his horizons after his previous works. The Legend of the Ages is considered to be the only true aquilonian epic and the only true modern epic from before the war.

In this work, the poet contemplates the wall of the ages, faint and terrifying, on which are drawn scenes from the past, present and future, and where walk the long shadows of mankind. The poems are paintings of those fugitively seen scattered scenes, intertwined by terrible visions. Hugo did not seek either historical accuracy nor comprehensiveness; on the contrary, he was more attracted to obscure characters, most often made by his own hand, but who are perfect embodiments of their age. As he put it himself in the foreword of the first series, he wrote “History heard through the gates of legend”. The poems, lyrical at times and satirical at others, form a long string of human adventures of which the goal is not to sum up but illustrate in great detail the history of mankind, to testify of humanity’s long journey from the darkness to the light.

This book is the frightening ruin of Babel; the dismal Tower of Things, the edifice
Of good and evil, of flowing tears and searing sorrow, of mourning and sacrifice.

Once standing proud atop the world, dominating the foreign horizons
Now only hideous stretches of shattered pride, men and reasons

Laying sparse, hidden and lost in a valley of darkness unending
It is the human epic, sour and grim, immense and yet crumbling.

- Hugo himself, commenting on his own work.

Originally, “The Legend of the Ages” was not meant to be a project as huge as it had become. Its origin comes from a compilation of notes and ideas on the subject of epics, and nothing at this time showed any interest from Hugo to actually create such a large-scale project. Due to potential audience issues with Hugo’s current project at the time – The End of Satan, a compilation of eschatological prosaic poems, his editor cancelled it and Hugo thus turned his attention to his notes, which he labelled “The Small Epics” when he started working on them. In the end, he reworked the entirety of both projects – The End of Satan and The Small Epics, and created the first series of the Legend of the Ages, which he subtitled “The Small Epics” and announced his intention of making this both his masterwork and his most intentional work.

Roughly six years in, Hugo wrote two texts that can be considered forewords to the Legend. The first of them was called “The Vision it came from”, and depicted the first time the eyes of the Poet met the wall of the ages. Fully written in verse, it was deemed “too philosophical and too prophetic” to be used as foreword, and was thus inserted into the main corpus as an introduction. He thus wrote a second text called “Preface” which was subsequently used as a foreword for the series.

The First Series is entirely turned towards Antiquity and biblical mythology. If classical antiquity is left aside – Hugo only mentioned Rome for its decadence – the rest is not, and most of the early texts depict biblical events in Hugo’s style. It is concluded by a gloomy text called “The Trumpet of Judgement”, which oozes anxiety in front of impending doom. The first poem of the First Series, the Conscience, gave us the most famous line of aquilonian literature in three millennia.

And once in the dark of that eternal tomb, the eye stared back from the end of the room.

The Second Series’ redaction started when the First was published. Though Hugo’s other major work – Les Misérables – took most of his time at this period, he managed to get the epic done in a remarkable time. It is a work that is very contemporary to him, as it is mostly centred on modern war and human relationships, as well as the rise and fall of nations, and thus is extremely political in nature, while also bearing great social and philosophical stakes. It can also be seen as a metaphor of the battle of wits between Victor Hugo and emperor Napoleon the third, who had exiled Hugo for political reasons. This series is concluded by the formidable “Abyss”, a text without peer in scale nor depth, in which Man dialogs with the World, the Sun, the Stars, until Man reaches God to talk with Him.

Finally, the Final Series came almost a decade later than the Second. It was made both from Hugo’s early epic texts, in which he was truly fiery in his anti-clericalism before turning to romantism and using faith as a medium, and the final texts of the Small Epics and his true final works. As he suffered a stroke during the redaction of this Series and was quite old already (81 years old), the work had been prefaced with “This complement to the Legend of the Ages shall be published soon, lest the end of the author occurs before that of his work.” The series as a whole serves as a powerful and contemplative epilogue to the entire epic, and has often been seen as an effort of grandiose self-reflection from the author. It concludes with the text called :

“To God, whose works span further than all of our dreams.”

[Interactions : Artor ( ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles ). Nearby : magister students ( Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Peckinou Peckinou )]

1585105813143.png "No need chase them or try to contain them, they will come to us willingly. Please watch and ready yourselves as I suspect there are enemies about." Kitchi says sitting down on the very edge of earshot where Chepi was setting up camp. His mana begins flowing out and his spirit attuning to the life force around him. His calming aura reaching out to the wyrms as he sits their peacefully. His spirit sensing melding into nature as he feels what it feels, the movement of the grass, the shaking of the trees, the birds flitting about. Though his spirited was melded with nature his body was still tense and ready to move as the slightest hint of other humans outside their group.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Jet Jet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back