• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Auger Sign [Open][Code Geass][AU][OC]

Hachi Machi

Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong Ding Dong
Starting Information

Although this roleplay isn't based around a fandom's world, it is a roleplay inspired by Eureka 7, Code Geass, Gurren Laggen, and other Mecha Animes. You, the roleplayer, will create a character who's either a Student, Eranyne Military Soldier, or High Tides Terrorist.

Starting Plot

In the year 2654, Eranynian scientists developed a mineral, which they called Amitite. It's purpose was military in nature, as it contained an immense amount of energy to power mechanical entities. Thus, the creation of Amitite led to the development and usage of Oracles, robotic vehicles. Immediately, the Eranyne Empire sought to utilize Oracles as means of winning the various wars that challenged their rule. In the span of twenty years, the Eranyne Empire controlled over half the world due to their efficient and deadly use of the Oracles. War encouraged other countries to find a method of creating Amitite, and so an arms race occurred in order to stop the expansion of Eranyne, resulting in the easy attainment of destructive power. The conquered territories viewed Eranyne's reign as one of unfair consequences, thus many wanted to regain their freedom, which meant a use for this new mass production of Amitite. As a result, a multitude of terrorist groups popped up in order to display their frustrations about the Empire's rule. One such terrorist group was dubbed the High Tides.

The year of 2683 and the day, March 18th, started out ordinary, with students excited to graduate into their next year at the Barton Academy. The Academy was located in the city of Jumlie, and it hosted a variety of unique students who either lived alone, or with their family. March 18th was only a month before the graduation of Barton Students. Unfortunately, a horrible event occurred preventing the academy from hosting its graduation ceremony. For military reasons, an EMF soldier shot and killed a teacher, who was later recognized as a member of the terrorist organization known as the High Tides. Chaos spurred in the school, and a unique flying craft appeared in the skies of Barton Academy. What will the students do?

General Plot

Discovering the World of Ora, the secrets of the Eranyne Empire, and other secrets, which will be expanded upon, as the roleplay progresses. Characters will be on the same or different sides of one another, all fighting for their own reasons.

Setting

Modern. Think of Eureka 7 and Code Geass' setting, where it's Modern, but there's futuristic entities, such as Mechas, Laser Guns, etc.

Mechanics

1. Oracles: A Mecha. Individuals roleplaying as Pilots will be expected to use Oracles in the roleplay.
2. Augur: A unique power that won't arise in the start of the roleplay. It's similar to Geass, but it's toned down.
3. Amitite: A mineral. Expect technology and weapons to use Amitite.
4. More will be posted, as I think of more mechanics.

Links

Interest Check: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/eureka-7-code-geass-gurren-lagann-inspired-interest-check.340301/
In Character Thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/auger-sign.340382/
Out of Character Thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/auger-sign-ooc.340384/
Character Sheets: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/auger-sign-characters-codex.340386/
Encyclopedia: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/auger-sign-encyclopedia.340387/

Requirements

1. Maximum of One Post per day in order to give others a chance to respond. You may do more than one post, if all individuals you're roleplaying with are at the same pace.
2. Standard RPN rules
3. My word is law.
4. Post at least a paragraph, if you're roleplaying in a group scenario. I'm pretty lenient, so a paragraph to me is just several sentences. I'm not putting any strict limitations, but don't abuse my leniency.
5. Other requirements may be posted, but the one's above are my general ones.

Other Questions

If you have any other questions, or concerns, feel free to post them here in this interest check. Once the OOC thread is up, please post your questions there.

Closing Statements

Thank you for reading my interest check. If you're interested, notify me in this thread of your interest, and I'll let you know when the character sheets are up.

Last edited:
This definitely looks like an interesting concept. I'm kind of hoping it borrows heavily from its influences, but whatever you do should be fine.

Bari Bari It will borrow heavily from its influences, but I don't know specifically what influences you want to see in the roleplay. There's Auger = Geass. I'll give a more specific entry, if that's the influence you seek. Oracles = Mechas, Knightmare Frames, Nirvage. Floats = The Air Boards that the Mechas in Eureka 7 use. Small Terrorist Group against a Large Empire = Black Knights vs Britannia, Gekko State vs UF, and Humans vs. Beasts.

I'm down to incorporate other influences too. The first part of the roleplay will center around conflict between these three groups: The Students of Barton Academy, High Tides Terrorists, and Eranyne Military Force. Although characters will split into different groups, when events occur, roleplayers from different factions can interact with one another.

Do you have any influences you'd like to specifically from the inspirations I borrowed to establish this interest check?

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi All Mechas will start as particular/similar units. As the roleplay progresses, your character will attain their own unique Mecha.

A way to attain your own personal Mecha is to have a roleplay reason for having a unique, different Mecha. If you want to start with a different mech type, you can be a renowned pilot for High Tides, or an EMF special unit. Otherwise, other characters, if they want to become pilots, will get their own, unique Mechas.

The Standard Military Mecha will be Humanoid. Beast-shaped Mechas will be considered unique and reserved for important characters, or as a special Mecha that your character attains. Unfortunately, the first part of the Roleplay won't allow everyone to have different Mechas at the start. For Aerial, do you mean, like an Airplane Mecha, or do you mean flight? For flight, Oracles will have a Float. A float is similar to a surf board, or circular sled, that allows Mechas to fly in battle.

EMF Pilots will have the most current Mecha models.
High Tide Pilots will have slightly older models, but a huge difference with newer models.
Students won't have their own Mecha until they receive one via roleplay reasons.

Hopefully this answers your question. Otherwise, I'll specify on any topic, if you require a better answer.

Do you have any influences you'd like to specifically from the inspirations I borrowed to establish this interest check?

No, those examples you provided are satisfactory for the time being. What kind of weaponry will there be?

Bari Bari Weaponary will probably be standard, modern weapons, such as the ones military use currently in our present day. There will be special weapons, such as lasers, high frequency sabers, or devastating warheads, but those won't be present in the roleplay until later. If you have a specific weapon, you want your character to use, let me know, and I'll see if I can make it work. Amitite can basically guarantee any possible futuristic weapon, but to keep things simple for the interest check, I'm just saying standard guns for now, like the ones you see in the mech animes. There can be other weapons too, such as swords, but practically guns are superior when it's combat between people, rather than Mechas.

If you can show me some weaponry you'd hope to see in the roleplay, I can clarify it will be present in the roleplay.

If you can show me some weaponry you'd hope to see in the roleplay, I can clarify it will be present in the roleplay.

Will there be shields like in Gundam? Otherwise you've answered my questions for the time being. I think I have a good grasp of the standard weapons.

Bari Bari Unless you specify the shield with an image, there can be several types of shield. An electromagnetic shield which is similar to code geass's mecha shields, or an actual, physical shield which your mech holds can work too. It all depends on your preference when using a mecha. For Mechas, expect them to be damaged easily, unless they're heavily modified, or upgraded to god-like levels. Shields may aid in defending a few attacks, but a Mecha can't survive against surprise attacks. For shields that aren't physical, I'll make it so that it requires more fuel to upkeep a shield, so Mechas can't always automatically be shielded by some invisible barrier.

Does that help?

Does that help?

Yes, that explains it. What I had it mind was shields that act as an extra hit, so to speak. Like if an enemy was swinging a sword and you pull up your shield to take the hit for you. Or in cases of heavy fire, you use your shield to take the brunt of the assault and throw it aside once it's no longer usable. And this is what I meant. Shields like these.

Real-Grade-RX-78-2-Gundam-25-700x525.jpg

Bari Bari Those shields work, and they can be incorporated on to any Mecha, if they have a specific function to hold the shield, such as hands, or an attachment. Yes, physical shields work.

If you're stuck on anything, feel free to notify me.

Alright. Could you please explain the limitation of Augers, what Divi Connect and Data Chip mean, Titles, and Equipment Information?

This may take me a while to sort through the sheet, but I'm sure I'll get something together.

Yeah I'm still working on the specifics, but I'll clarify those terms right now. You can skip them for now, until I fully flesh them out.

Auger = A supernatural power. However, your character won't know they have Auger, unless they are awakened. For now, just describe the Auger Power you'd like to utilize in the roleplay. Feel free to make any idea. Upon reviewing your character sheet, I'll list limitations to balance it. Here are some example Augers: Mind Reading, Enhanced Reflexes, Telekinesis, Etc. I'm giving a ton of creative freedom for Augers. If you have additional, specific questions please notify me.

Divi Connect = A promise you made to the High Tides. This is only relevant if your character joined the Hide Tides, before the scenario at Barton Academy. Basically, in order to be inducted as an official member, you state a promise for what you wish to accomplish as a Hide Tides member. It's your own motto, or reason for joining. The High Tides treat this promise as a "Divi Connect," or a connection between all members. There'll be something more to the Divi Connect, but think of it as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Data Chip = All EMF soldiers have a chip, which grants them access to the Eranyne Empire's Military Network. Each member has a unique code to prevent hacking. Access to the Network is limited to one's own profile, equipment, and regulated data services. Just put a code. I guess Data Code sounds better, so I'll change that when I edit up the sheets again.

Titles = I'll set up a hierarchy, but basically it's titles if your family's special. They can also be battle titles too. Think of it like John the Quick. The Quick is a title for John. Another example is Noble of the Reynolds Family.

Equipment Information

Supplies: Basically the items your character carries with them. It can be rations, a backpack, etc.
Tools: The items your character utilizes in action scenarios. These can be weapons, armor, etc.

Does this help?

Bari Bari

Does this help?

I think so. I'm thinking I might be leaning student with the character I have in mind, and think this might be my chance to test out a power I've been working on. Hopefully it's not OP or anything. I'll post a wip sheet in a little while and you can tell me if it's okay. Also, what is the age range for students?

Last edited:
Petroshka Petroshka Blitzer Blitzer Thanks for your interest. Here's the thread to create your characters. https://www.rpnation.com/threads/auger-sign-characters-codex.340386/

It's still a work in progress, but you can start working on drafting/outlying your character while I finalize the world. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to characters. Since we have 4 people, I'm going to finalize the world/character sheet this week, and then I'll start the RP probably next weekend.

Bari Bari Sorry that I skipped over your question. The age range for students is 15~19. 15~16 for first years, 16~17 for second years, 17~18 for third years, 18~19 for fourth years. I checked your power and it should be alright, since the limitation requires physical touch. I wouldn't say it'd be instant learning, but rather like 10 seconds to a minute, depending on how much information your character processes or searches for in the person's mind. Another limitation I would impose on your character's power is that she feels the emotions from another's history, if you're alright with that?

Regarding Auger Usage, I think you should be able to use it multiple times on the same person, but after each time you use it, your character feels weakened due to the copious amount of new information your character receives. Plus, your Auger can potentially traumatize, or confuse your target too, so you'd feel their trauma too, but it won't be as potent for you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back