• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Auburn Springs

Characters
Here
cool pirate cowboy 123123
Dexter Cruz
Auburn Springs

Dexter paced around the living room in circles, the car keys hanging off of his fingertip jangling like Christmas bells. It was times like this he wished he had a cat in addition to a dog; cats are the ones that are super into shiny things like key rings, right? At the very least, Dex's dog didn't seem all that interested, lazing about on the couch like the disappointment he was. It was a commonly-repeated theory that Dex had aged the poor thing years beyond his actual age due to the amount of tireless play time he insisted upon the dog. Part of the blame was in Dex's dad, as he should have known by them that Dex was more of a puppy than any brand-new, mangy beagle mutt could ever hope to be.

Not a day would go by without his dad finding some way to compare the ratlike creature to "bridger cretins", which Dex found a little too Shakespearean for his modern tastes in language. But he would never say that—it just wasn't in him to disrespect his doting father like that.

Did Elena ever sense their father's disparaging of her, offering a blatantly greater amount of affection to goofy, oblivious Dexter? The question seemed to answer itself with the addition of the word "blatantly", although Dex wasn't one to know definitions anyway.

Right—the keys. The night of this bonfire was a momentous occasion, not to be taken lightly nor overshadowed by dogs or dads or sisters. No, for the first time in two weeks, Dex was given the opportunity to drive a car. Alone. With actual permission this time. See, after that whole carjacking Elena and coming to the rescue of Chelsea and Mer thing after Val's party (which sucked, by the way), some priorities needed to be... reassessed.

Now, Dex isn't the brightest lightbulb—nor was he ever—but he wasn't so foolish as to offer every excruciating detail of his dramatic chauffeur opportunity to anyone. He'd been stuck on this whole idea of reciprocity for so long, he hadn't even begun to think about betraying Chelsea's trust.

Buuuuuut... it made a great argument for getting driving privileges back, especially at the risk of another smashed mailbox. Dex had come up with some needlessly elaborate lie about Chelsea getting mugged or something and needing a ride, which none of his family seemed to believe. Even so, Dex's long-winded and convoluted explanation had drawn so much exasperation out of his dad that he threw in the moral towel and handed back the boy's rightful car keys.

And so, Dexter Cruz entered his famous Dexter Cruz-Mobile (name in progress), a red Audi convertible with so many new coats of paint it rivaled the layers of Valerie Flores' hideously cakey makeup. By that point, Dex's father had surely spent more on repairs than he had on the luxury car itself.

Time flew as Dex made his way to the bonfire spot, most of which was spent jamming out and contemplating pb&j flavors, which devolved into ranking jelly types, which devolved into acceptable sandwich spread substitutes, which consisted primarily of nutella and melted cheese. Wait 'til CK hears about this one—I just know he's a tartar sauce ham sandwich type of guy.

Perhaps Dexter had gotten a little too excited, as he came to realize he most definitely showed up approximately... way too early. That wasn't so bad, though, as he was literally in the middle of nature, humanity's most natural, uh, habitat. The dopey boy probably wouldn't last a day fending for himself in the wilderness, but boy could he have a field day with this... field... of trees. Making activities out of nothing was somewhat of a skill Dex was proud of, even if most of the time he was branded the village idiot for just having weird, but good fun.

Well, lots of those activities involved drinking, smashing bottles, and roughhousing, but who was he to deny his passions?

In this case, Dexter's passions lied in a rather gnarly, majestic stick nestled in the undergrowth. It was about as long as his wingspan and as thick as three fingers smushed together (ha-ha), an ideal tool for a skill he had been itching to develop: forest knitting. Of course, knitting requires thread and, in this forest, Dex had no choice but to turn to nature's thread: cobwebs.

The muscled boy began waving his stick about, invasively charging at trees and bushes sporting impressive, no doubt intricately designed spiderwebs. His stick was beginning to look like some twisted form of cotton candy, with clumps of dainty, white threads barely hanging off of the lichen-covered branch.

A familiar voice broke Dexter's intent focus, shattering the crafty processes struggling to function with the rusty cogs inhabiting his brain. "CHELS! Dude, sandwiches, I gotta ask-" he began, swinging around to face his best friend. Unfortunately, he couldn't finish his thought before jabbing the unsuspecting teenager right in the eyeball. His jaw dropped in horror as his friend stumbled backward and felt for his freshly-poked eyeball.

He dropped the stick with no hesitation, as though CK had unlocked a secret command inside that obedient, dusty brain of his. "Uhh, sorry, man..." he sheepishly apologized, more disappointed in himself for being stupid than for actually hurting his friend. That familiar tone of friendly anger softened the emotional blow a little, but he still felt like a kid being called out by the teacher for eating paste again.

Dex watched wordlessly as Chelsea grabbed the stick, his seemingly innocent eyes following the boy's facial expressions as he attempted to rationalize Dex's hopelessly moronic antics. "I dunno," he replied with a nonchalant shrug, puzzled as to what had confused Chelsea so much about his behavior, "Nature knitting, dude. It's a survival skill. You gotta collect spiderwebs first, then you make a sweater or something." He flashed his trademark, goofy million dollar smile, which always seemed to absolve him of any wrongdoing in front of others. "I had time to kill."

He listened with an earnest face as Chelsea continued speaking, thoroughly used to hearing every single insult in the book about bridgers and their fires and stuff. Chelsea usually sounded like he had a point, so Dex didn't really care to question it. He was kind of like his dad in that way, now that he thought about it. Except, like, kind of cooler and more badass and stuff. Imagine having CK for a dad... luckyyy!

"Nope, not yet!" he answered with a chipper lift to his voice, noting that not that much fire was present at all. Sure, it wasn't all that late in the day, but Dex was getting antsy for some more hot hot FIRE, "I'll let you know, though!"

With that out of the way, Dex leaned in to whisper to CK, as though they weren't isolated enough to not be heard already. "Dude, should you be here?" he whispered concernedly, studying Chelsea's hideously disfigured facial features, which were a far cry from his once perfect, gorgeous parts. How long does that stuff take to heal anyway!?

"I think you need to lie down, bro," he suggested, prodding at one of his facial bruises, "You're in horrible shape. You look, like, horrible!" Dex entered a boisterous fit of laughter, which was strange considering he entirely believed his words to be true. "It can't be easy getting around with your injuries. Driving here must have been SO hard."

He wagged a finger in Chelsea's face, then looked around at the forest scenery. "I pet I could make a killer poultry for your eye out of leaves and berries and stuff. Consider it my apology to you! Especially after how BAD you got beaten." The curly-haired boy began laughing again, exhibiting his one-of-a-kind inability to filter his speech.
| mood: nurse dexie | outfit: clothes | location: bonfire | mentions: Mer | interactions: Chelsea | tags: ditto ditto |

M O O D : "fire and alcohol? what more could a girl want?"

O U T F I T : click to see jade's fit.

L O C A T I O N : by the drinks, naturally.

I N T E R A C T I O N S : ian. rory. lance.

T A G S : ditto ditto Winona Winona natsukashii natsukashii

Even though Jade hadn't been planning on attending last week's stupid carnival thing, she had to admit that she was glad she did. The girl was normally one for causing bigger mischief but it beat doing nothing. Seriously, that place she had to call home now might've been all big and fancy or whatever, but it's also dreadful. Everything's just pristine and fragile and in perfect fucking order...plus there was so much shit you couldn't touch. What the fuck are decorative towels and who needs 3 of them in each bathroom? Fucking dumb.

Jade had spent most of her time messing around and popping fireworks with Ian. Plus, there were the paint balloons they had dropped on people as they walked by. Unfortunately, they ended up pranking the wrong group and had to run to avoid being caught and likely beat up. What? Jade loved a good fight but even she knew when she was outnumbered. She had Ian and there were like four of them so she wasn't taking those odds.

Not to mention Ian immediately started running when the group approached them and she had no choice but to follow because she couldn't just let him leave alone. Yeah, yeah, Jade had a soft spot for the kid. Of course, she did. Ian had somehow managed to become like family to Jade which was saying a hell of a lot since she never really trusted people. The one friend she had let in was Raven and well, that clearly turned out so great. Right? Then there was Lance but she tried to keep things mostly casual. Sometimes she did give him a glimpse at more, usually by accident though.

On that note, she hadn't seen Lance (except maybe around school a few times) in a while. He'd been "grounded" which Jade found insane but whatever. Like she'd said, she had managed to find other company both at the party and the fair so no harm no foul. The former seemed to make Lance a little jealous which, truth be told, she didn't mind. And after Lance's dramatic show on Twitter, she asked him to meet her. Why not add more people to the party? It was usually more fun that way.

Just as Jade started to pour Crown into her cup she heard a familiar voice and turned to see Ian followed closely by Rory. "My favorite sibling duo," she greeted them as she screwed the cap back on and reached for a coke can. After mixing the drink and making sure it was stronger than strong enough, she let her eyes travel back to Ian just as he smashed the beer bottle into his forehead. "That's one way to do it," she teased, letting a soft snicker escape.

“So…what are we lighting on fire tonight?”

He acted as if covering his mouth would actually shield his voice from reaching his sister's ears or something. "Pretty sure that she can still hear you," Jade said, mocking him by holding her own hand up by her mouth. The blonde took a big sip from her cup, the Crown overpowering the soda and warming her throat as it went down. Rory's own question followed causing a smirk to form on Jade's face but before she could give an answer Lance walked up, his arm falling around her shoulder immediately.

“Yeah, we can set some people on fire if that’s what you want, Ian. Take your pick - plenty of people who need to be reminded just who we are. -- Isn’t that right, J?”

"Pretty certain that Rory would be pissed if her little brother got tossed in prison for arson or murder. Plus, I doubt anyone thinks messing with us is a good idea anyway," Jade said with a laugh, her eyes shifting from Rory's gaze to Lance's. "Welcome back to the land of the living," she added. "Since setting shit on fire is apparently out of the question, for now, anyone got any better ideas? I mean, I didn't come here to sit around and stare at the three of you all night," she joked, taking another drink.

JADE JENNINGS
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
M O O D : "in need of a distraction"

O U T F I T : click here to see dani's fit. ~ & jacket too.

L O C A T I O N : on the way to the bonfire.

I N T E R A C T I O N S : ryan. lincoln.

T A G S : geminiy geminiy gh0stwriter gh0stwriter

When Sly had shown up the day of the fair, Dani fully expected another fight. More yelling, vicious blame games, or words tossed out that neither of them meant. Instead, she was met with an apology or at least as much of one as anyone could get out of Sly Cosgrove. He'd suggested they go to the fair and nostalgia made Dani fond of the idea so she agreed. It was as if all of their problems disappeared when they were together and they didn't worry or spend the day looking over their shoulders.

For that one single day they were just Sly and Dani. Nothing else.

Dani had woken up the next morning to Sly being gone already and she assumed that she would see him for school on Monday like usual. She'd had plans to do something for her mom Sunday so she didn't think much of not talking to Sly since he'd said he'd be busy too. But then Monday came around...

Sly picked Dani up every morning without fail and it had been that way for a long time so when he didn't show, Dani was already concerned but she chalked it up to him having to take care of something and forgetting to tell her. It was when he didn't show up to school at all that day or answer her texts and calls, that she started to feel like something was really up.

She went by his place only to hear from Little Johnny hadn't seen him since Saturday when he left to see her. Dani even went to his fucking shitty parents of all places but he was just...gone. By the following Friday after exhausting all her options, Dani had gone into full panic mode and decided to ask if anyone had seen Sly in the Ambridge chat.

That only led to people bombarding her with questions and the little snitch taking to public Twitter to say Sly had killed someone. Where did he even come up with this shit? She was going to kick his ass. It also caught Isa's attention which as much as Dani hated was probably a fairly decent thing. Isa was probably the one person who cared about Sly as much as she did and she'd come over right away to try and help look for him.

They spent the entire Saturday looking, making calls, whatever they could think of but it was still no use. Little Johnny told her to give it a little longer, that he might've gotten spooked by social services trying to force him back to his parents. Sly wouldn't just go MIA though, he'd tell her. Ask for her help...right? He knew that he could. Then again, it was Sly. While he did drag her into stuff when he absolutely needed her, he also avoided doing that when he could too. Besides, she had no choice but to hope Johnny was right when he told Dani that he would eventually turn back up.

And so, reluctantly, Dani was going to this bonfire with her friends. She needed the distraction from worrying for at least a few hours, but she would be lying if she said she wasn't going to scope out the woods near the lake at some point. Something just wasn't sitting right with her. If Sly was in jail then she could only assume that meant that Mercedes or Chelsea rat him out, if he wasn't...well, she couldn't think about that. Maybe she couldn't do anything about it but she at least needed to be around people she trusted.

Her bike came to a stop at the intersection where she had told her friends to meet her and her mind started to clear at the sight of her Lincoln. "Link. I haven't seen you in a while. Don't tell me you finally decided to trade me in for a Springer?" she teased him. "We can head to the bonfire in a few. I invited another, uh, friend," she said. As if on cue, Ryan was pulling his bike around and walking up, clearly clueless about who she was standing with until the light hit just right and she saw his expression change. Shit.

“You didn’t tell me Link was coming.”

Ryan knew her well enough to know why she'd kept that major minor detail from him. Okay, he was definitely going to kill her for it but she knew he wouldn't show if she had. He couldn't be that mad, right? "Ry, hey," she said, noticing the cut. It wasn't super deep but there was fresh blood so it wasn't old either. She had a decent idea of who had caused it too. "Look, we never hang out anymore. I just figured we could fuck shit up like old times but it's no use if it's not all three of us," she said, her eyes flickering between Ryan and Lincoln.

DANIELLE MONROE
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:
mood: “I love my friends.”
outfit: here
mentions: dex
interactions: valerie, mercedes
tags: jasmyn jasmyn , Soap Soap , hery hery
Karmyn Darling
don’t let others decide who you are!”

The last two weeks had gone by slowly for Karmyn, not that she was complaining though. When Valerie had called both Mercedes and herself up Karmyn hadn’t been expecting her to bring up a sleepover. She couldn’t say that she was surprised at the request though, considering the news of Mr.Flores’ affair coming to light. Karmyn could only imagine what was happening in the Flores household. Her heart ached for Valerie and she was sure that Mercedes felt the same way, which is why she was eager to agree to the sleepover at her house. Karmyn didn’t even bother to ask her parents as both girls were welcome in their home anytime. As always they were welcomed with open arms from all three of the Darlings. Even Majesty had arrived to greet them before leaving to do whatever it was he did alone.

“This was so fun. We should definitely do it again. Oh! Maybe when we’re on break, that way we don’t have to worry about school.” Karmyn always enjoyed spending the time with Mercedes and Valerie, their time together was always precious to her and it showed through her open affection and adoring smiles. This time she had made it her goal to help Valerie relax and take her mind off of her home situation for the time being. Karmyn smiled as she thought back to them applying face masks for each other and slicing cucumbers for their eyes, only for Majesty to swiftly come in and steal one from Mercedes’ face. Or when her mama had come in briefly to lay down with them and playfully gossip, taking the time to catch up with them.

Karmyn’s mind drifted to the festival. Despite the mishap with Mercedes and the weed booth, it had gone pretty well. She hadn’t even needed to defend her merchandise from a certain giant of a boy and oh, she had been ready to shoo him and his sticky fingers away. “I really hope that we made enough money to at least start on the construction for Ambridge High. There’s a lot of tension and it doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon.” If she were being honest maybe it was best that the two schools were separated once again. In the beginning she’d had high hopes that maybe everyone could get along or at least coexist somewhat peacefully, but now she was starting to think it was too far out of reach. But even when the Ambridge student body had their school back that didn’t mean that they shouldn’t have better funding. Everyone deserved to have a proper education and the resources to help with that.

“I know that your party didn’t turn out like you planned but...maybe this bonfire will be better? It seemed like everyone was looking forward to it.” She could only hope that nothing was damage, people included.
º º code by ditto º º

mood: it's called friendship. look it up.
outfit: casual wear
mentions: that rivera bastard
interactions: dex
tags: hery hery
CHELSEA KADER FREUD
1 the king of auburn springs™
Chelsea tossed the stick to the side, looking back at Dex with a long sigh. “Knitting…,” he repeated, his voice dripping with disappointment. Dexter astounded him with just how…fucking dumb he was, sometimes. He meant that as no insult— the guy was just a fucking dumbass, but there had to be one of them. The genuine smile on his face made Chelsea chuckle despite himself, putting his hand to the bridge of his nose and pinching it for a moment. “I…a…sweater.” He lifted his eyes to Dex, sighing again, the corners of his mouth twinging up. “Makes sense. Checks out,” he said, his tongue fully rooted in his proverbial cheek.

Upon Dex’s answer to his fire question, Chelsea dropped his hand from his nose, shaking his head slightly in disapproval. “If I’ll let you know is your way of saying I’ll join them and then call you over to drag me out of it—“ Which it usually was— Dex had a knack for making his situation worse and calling Chelsea over to clean up the mess, stop the fires, and shoot apologies while he sunk his head like a puppy who’d just got caught pissing on the prized carpet. “— then no, you won’t let me know.” He sat his weight back on his heels, looking around and trying to gauge who the first to burn a person whole would be.

He didn’t see Mason.

Well, shit, there went his first idea.

Every other Bridger present was the second idea. He didn’t trust a single one of them.

He went to say something else, but the thoughts trailed off as Dex leaned in to whisper to him— as if they weren’t isolated enough to not be heard already, or as if the (surely dumb) thing that he was going to say necessarily needed to be a secret.

“Dude, should you be here?”

Chelsea’s left brow shifted upward.

“I think you need to lie down, bro.” Dex lifted his hand to poke at one of Chelsea’s bruises, and Chelsea scowled and lowered his brow. “You’re in horrible shape. You look, like, horrible!” Dex laughed.

“I look fine.” He looked fucking amazing, especially when compared to last week and the week before? He looked fucking amazing. The burst blood vessel in his eye had healed, the abrasion on his cheek had begun to shrink (ever so slightly), and, while his pinky hurt like hell, it’d been getting better, too. The only think that looked mildly unpleasant was his nose, and he’d heard comments about that beaten to the fucking ground and was tired of hearing anything about it. He couldn’t breathe out of it, and that much was annoying, and what was even worse was the fact that every single fucking person that he came across felt the need to mention it, or stare at it, or act as if that changed any aspect of him. “I feel fine.”

“It can’t be easy getting around with your injuries. Driving here must have been so hard.”

Driving with a bruised rib was a bitch. According to what he’d looked up, it was supposed to get better in three to six weeks, so all of this would be over with by next weekend— or sooner.

Fucking hopefully, anyway.

“It was f— quit wiggling your finger at me,” Chelsea said, voice unamused, grabbing the other boy’s finger in his fist and lowering it.

“I bet I could make a killed poultry for your eye out of leaves and berries and stuff.”

Poultry…?

“Consider it my apology to you! Especially after how bad you got beaten.”

Chelsea’s lips curled into a scowl. “Shut up,” he commanded. “I didn’t get beaten.”

He hadn’t gotten fucking beaten, and he didn’t want to hear about it. All week— wait, fuck, not all week, because it had been happening literally since it happened— all he heard was "ha, who beat your ass?", and every time he heard it, in any form, he wanted to fucking—

He hadn't lost to anyone— he hadn't gotten beaten by anyone.

No fucker could take him down, even if they tried.

He walked over to Dex, throwing his arm around the other, taller boy’s shoulders and tugging him down slightly despite the outcry from his side. “Look, I didn’t get into a fight at all, so there wasn’t anything to get beaten in,” he said, emphasizing the words and giving slow nods as he spoke while maintaining eye contact with Dex. He forced a small smile. “Right?” That was his way of asking you remember our story?

After a moment, he nodded, giving his friend a solid pat on the back. “Yeah,” he concluded, nodding. “I’m going to grab a drink.”

He knew that Dex would follow, so he didn’t ask him to come along or anything. He’d stick at his side, anyway, whether he wanted him to or not.

The amount of Bridgers swarming the table made his lips curl again, and his brows knit. What eyesores. The bonfire was always fun; he already hated the mood of it with them here. It was already super fucking tense, Chelsea was one inch away from losing his shit, and someone was already one wrong move from getting their face shoved into the grass.

No, actually— hadn’t he promised himself something?

Calm night. Calm night.

His naïve best friend hadn’t meant anything by his comment, and it hadn’t irritated Chelsea whatsoever, and the Bridgers weren’t there at all.

He picked a bottle of something up from the table and grabbed a cup, whipping himself up a concoction of that and some kind of soda and taking a long drink from it. So what if he’d driven here? Responsibility could be damned, just for tonight.

His eyes turned to the fire, and he sighed softly and walked to a log in front of it, lowering himself onto it.

“Dex.” He looked up at his friend, scooting over to let him have a seat easier. His mind turned back to Dex’s first comment, and his brows knit. “What were you saying about…sandwiches?”

Or do I wanna know?
º º code by ditto º º

mood: just a bad boy doing what bad boys do-- ladykilling, boutta raise some hell-- the usual
outfit: scope the drip hahaha
mentions: n/a
interactions: rory, lance, and jade
tags: jasmyn jasmyn Winona Winona natsukashii natsukashii
IAN HANSEN
❯ the baddest boy to ever bad™
Ian’s brows knit, his mouth going slightly ajar at Jade’s mocking of him. “Hey, all the cool g—“

“You’re setting shit on fire tonight?” Rory asked, holding out a beer for him, and he could feel her glaring at him.

He shrugged nonchalantly, glancing back at his sister. “Rory, Rory, Rory,” he sighed, shaking his head and grinning, “it’s what the bad boys do.” He held his hands in front of his chest, palms facing toward his sister, closing his eyes and shaking his head with a chuckle. “No-brainer— if you’re bad, you light shiz on fire, and you know me— certified ba…” His voice trailed off when he opened his eyes to look at his sister again. His attempt at impressiveness was pretty dang good— ‘cuz he was very dang impressive, ya know, ‘cuz he was a bad boy— but his sister’s gaze made him laugh sheepishly and shut up, instead opting to turn his attention to the beer to do his impressing.

He took the beer in both hands, leaning his head back and pouring it like a waterfall into his gullet, coughing as soon as it hit the back of his throat and tilting the bottle down again, the drink dribbling down his chin as he coughed and held his hand over his mouth.

“Fire, huh?” asked a voice, and Ian looked to Jade’s side to see the sight of Lance Donovan.

Ian shyly looked away, suddenly self-conscious, and he stared at the other boy’s feet as he held his beer bottle to his chest with both hands.

Ian was the baddest boy— yeah, and the coolest— but…he had to back off for Lance, yeah. Yeah, yeah! He didn’t want to scare him off, and, uhm…

“Yeah, we can set some people on fire if that’s what you want, Ian.”

At his name, Ian’s eyes jolted up to Lance. He pressed his chin against his chest, sticking out his tongue to see if he could reach the bottle’s lip from this distance.

“Take your pick— plenty of people who need to be reminded just who we are.” He took a sip of his beer and looked at Jade. “Isn’t that right, J?”

Ian blinked. His tongue could barely reach the bottle, so he lifted it a bit higher on his chest and wrapped his lips around its lip, then moved the bottle further up so he could put his teeth just behind the brim and tilt his head back again, holding his hands out from himself.

Then the bottle tilted to the side, and his eyes widened as he quickly had to grab it to keep it from falling, his mouth making a soft “ga-gah!” and pulling the bottle from his lips.

Oh, wait—

Ian just now realized what Lance had said, and his eyes widened. “People?” he asked, quiet voice riddled with surprise and genuine confusion.

"Pretty certain that Rory would be pissed if her little brother got tossed in prison for arson or murder,” Jade said, and Ian nodded frantically, taking a sip of his drink normally this time. “Plus, I doubt anyone thinks messing with us is a good idea anyway.”

“No one smart,” Ian agreed, his voice back at its usual quietness, and then he realized that Jade couldn’t’ve heard it and spoke up, smiling. “No one smart thinks messing with us is a good idea.” Us did not include Lance or Rory, but they would probably think that it did.

“Welcome back to the land of the living,” Jade said to Lance before she spoke to everyone else. “Since setting shit on fire is apparently out of the question, for now, anyone got any better ideas? I mean, I didn't come here to sit around and stare at the three of you all night.”

“We can still set shit on fire!” Ian piped. “Or, uh…”

Well, he had one idea, and that kinda seemed to be about it.

“Uh…” He trailed off, looking at Rory. He looked for an answer that wouldn’t piss his sister off that would still be fun. Annoying Springers was off the table, then…and, uh…yeah, he really didn’t have any ideas.

“Uh…” He looked at Jade again. “We could, uh…”

Make out or something, haha.

He blinked, shaking his head. “Uhm…” He looked at the table beside them. “D-Drink?” Wait, they were already doing that. “…while…”

While making out.

“…uh…”

Alright, he had no ideas. Fresh out.

“Did you bring…uh, an…" He looked for something that started with a vowel, but nope. "...uhm…anything?” He cocked his head slightly at Jade. “Fireworks...? Uhm, drugs—“

He laughed sheepishly, cutting his half-joke short when he remembered that his sister was beside him.

He smiled at Rory. “Rory. Ideas? I, uh, think she asked you.”

Whew, crisis averted, and he still looked hecking cool.
º º code by ditto º º

Last edited:

While Eugene was not someone she would first pick in the department of friendships, she had to admit there was something outside of the classroom Stockholm syndrome to tolerating him. What that was? She couldn't put her finger one, but then again she didn't actively try to. He was the guy everyone else seemed to steer clear from just like her, and not to mention when he looked at her it didn't seem like he saw a criminal like everyone else.

Now was she in the literal sense of the word? Yah, can't deny that even if it was for all the right reasons in her mind. Justifiable law breaking to even the playing field since life had given her such a shitty hand. However that didn't give others the right to look at her that way and judge her for things they didn't even know she did, or have any proof of.

She listened...ish to his response. She wasn't actually interesting in it, but she was willing to behave and be civil to one of the few springers who had kinda earned it from her. "Eh, cute..." She resisted the strong urge to roll her eyes. Favor...sure. He looked like an excited lap dog, but whatever helped him sleep at night.

The following words as they trickled from his mouth sounded like a lot of poorly thought of excuses, but she'd let it slide with a shrug because once again it wasn't her problem if he wanted to serve the self proclaimed elites of this place. "If you say so. I'm just saying if it were me I'd be getting something out of it too, other then just wasted time." She looked around a moment, "Cause as of now you've gotta waste even more time looking for her or waiting for her." She replied simply in a dry tone.

The thought did cross her mind that perhaps he was just a good friend, maybe this is the kinda thing friends did for one another? Seemed small and insignificant, but maybe it's the little things that count. Maybe this was a healthy friendship based not on mutual childhood trauma looked like. Was that possible? Sure she supposed. Was it likely in her mind? Hell no. "Plus Frankie was the one who bashed her car. He should e the once getting her drinks and shit as an apology to cheer her up. Or paying you for however much that cost."

Then it happened...he sank into small talk about school. Ew.

She HATED small talk. Now the previous conversation wasn't much better, but it was still relevant. Small talk did absolutely nothing for anyone, and wasn't relevant to anyone. No one cared about the weather, or favorite colors, or about a stupid fucking Chem test that she was totally not upset about getting a C in. Higher then most of her peers who failed, but still she'd half way tried on that and deserved at least a B for her effort. Stupid wrench of a teacher just hated her. Though she was convinced the teacher hated everyone so there was solace in that.

Ew, ew, ew, NO! She was not going to spend her time at a party thinking about school work! "Uh yah Chem was boring or whatever." She waved off with her hand to show her disinterest, but then her brow raised in curiosity as she looked at him with a grin, "But you know what's not? Labs." She chimed. "Here. I'll do you a solid and help you look for Faith, if you do me a favor in return." She lightly nudged his side, "I promise it'll be harmless. I'mma try and make a rainbow." She smirked. A fiery rainbow, but it wasn't a lie. No one was going to get hurt and it would possibly make a rainbow of colors. Hmm if it's not with water is it still a rainbow? Firebow? Who cares the name.

The point was she needed someone to be a distraction while she dropped the bags in the fire, or to do it for her while she was the distraction. Either way was fine with her thought the latter would have her not get in trouble just in case someone got their panties in a twist. Plus he seemed to be in the favor granting mood right? Sure she wasn't upset over a banged up car, but she was dying from the boring nature of this party so far and that was truly tragic.

Lola B.
"Breakaway"
Mood: Ew Small talk
Outfit: Casual but typical
Interactions: Eugene ( Chimney Swift Chimney Swift )
Mentions: Faith, Frankie
coded by incandescent

mood :
Idk

Home
interactions :
Mason
Winona Winona
Ambridge
Raven Rivera

A grin appeared on her face not even seconds after Mason spoke, wanting to relish this for as long as she could, the brunette placed a hand over her ear as if it'd make her hear better. "Sorry, what was that? You missed me? Oh, the best company you've ever had? Woah, Mason. I don't know if we're best friends now..." So... technically, yes she was incredibly mad about the whole Valerie situation, but then the funhouse had happened, and everything leading up to this week, Raven didn't really have a lot of Valerie on her mind as much as she should've.

"Did you hear that Nancy? I was, and I quote; missed by one Mason Rivera."

Raven could practically hear the eyeroll protrude from the older woman.

"Yup."

Her confirmation had only made Raven's grin turn into a full-on smile as her shoulders shrug for a smug shrug.

This light moment had been an easy stress reliever.

She knew she had to tell Dani, but how? The girl was blindly loyal, she'd see it as an attack on her instead of Raven protecting her. Focusing on the conversation, she had to admit Raven was surprised that Mason didn't dare to call Valerie whatever insults that were swirling in his mind right now. The brunette rose a brow and waited for him to continue, crossing her arms and leaning against the doorway with a heavy sigh.

"I mean, I... it's whatever. We're good. So, I like her. It's a thing. Nothing to make a fuss about." She said as nonchalantly as she could. The last thing she needed is to get teased like a fourth grader who had a crush on the girl next door. After what went down, Raven isn't all that worried about Mason becoming a threat. Not that he was in the first place. Jealousy just had a weird way of creeping up on her sometimes. "I'll pay you, Mason if you get her out of the house. She hasn't left in weeks." Nancy held Ari in her arms as she peeked through the doorway to make eye contact with him.

Nancy didn't know the full story of what was going on with the whole Sly situation.

She was only told bits and pieces, but she didn't want to go into it further. Technically, Raven wasn't allowed to tell anyone. At least, not until they'd gotten Sly arrested or... whatever the hell was happening. Truthfully, she hadn't known what happened to Sly.

And not knowing had only made everything worse.

"I... haven't had anything to do."

"That's a lie."

"Well, maybe I'm just not interested in--"

With a coat shoved into her hands, ten dollars was placed in Mason's front flannel pocket and they were shoved out the door.

Sometimes, Nancy was a real bitch.

The pair walked down the sidewalk, heading ultimately no-where for the first few minutes.

"You got a cigarette?"
coded by reveriee.

HENRIETTA THOMAS
sz7DJ33.gif
Trigger warning: Physical violence.

When Henri first heard the news, she broke a glass. Not out of anger or rage, but just pure, absolute shock. "Holy shit Liz...” She overlooked the cut on the bottom of her foot as she quickly rushed to her sister’s side, blatantly ignoring the “Language!” Warning her mother hissed from next to her.

Henri’s sister was paler than she had seen before, tired bags under her eyes hinted at the lack of sleep she had been getting. Leukaemia... How did I think it was just a prolonged cold? How could I be so stupid?

Henri smoothed some of her sister’s blonde locks behind her ear, searching Liz’s face for any indication of what she was thinking or feeling. But Henri's sister didn’t return her look, avoiding her gaze as she fought back her own tears. Henri tried her best to console her, but her mind instantaneously jumped to anything that she could say that could maybe fix this.

"It will be ok, Liz... I— I’m sure there’s something that the Doctor’s can do, a new treatment or—”

“It’s terminal.”

The blood drained out of Henri’s face at her mother’s almost deadpan, uncaring statement. Henri felt her hands start to shake as she shot Evelyn a glare — Which was immediately interrupted by Liz standing up and abruptly leaving the room, the sound of a door slamming echoing through the now-silent kitchen.

It took only a moment for Henri to explode.

"How the fuck could you say that so callously!? Do you have any fucking empathy!?”

Almost shocked at the outburst, Evelyn Thomas rounded on her eldest. “It’s better for her to face reality sooner, rather than later.”

Henri stepped closer to Evelyn, fighting back tears at the utter helplessness she felt at the situation. “She’s a fucking kid! She’s been given the worst news anyone could ever get and you’re fucking leaving her to rot!”

“I’m grieving too— I’m losing a daughter! How do you think I feel as a mother?”

“Fuck off with that shit. Liz may have forgiven you, but I haven’t. You haven’t been my mother for a long time. Where were you when Liz first got sick? Where were you when I was working late to scrounge up medicine for her? You were off looking for your next fix. You weren’t here. So don’t you fucking dare pretend like you actually give a shit about Liz— Because I know you don’t.”

Blinded by her rage, Henri didn’t even see Evelyn’s hand come up. Stinging pain exploded on the side of her face she felt false nails rake her skin, the echo of a slap ringing in her ear. Henri immediately raised her arms to shield her face from further assault. It had been a while since Evelyn had gotten physical with her, and she hated the memories it brought back.

“Don’t you dare—“ Slap. ”Talk to me—“ Slap. “Like that—” Slap. “Again.”

Breathing heavily, Evelyn dropped her hand and Henri jumped back, taking the opportunity to put space between them. Evelyn scoffed before grabbing her bag on the kitchen counter, mumbling under her breath as she made her way towards the front door. “I need a fucking drink."

Finally, silence.

-------------------------------------------------------

After cleaning the shattered glass on the floor, Henri knocked gently on Liz’s door. She’d had time to calm down and clean herself up. The cut on her foot was minor, as were the scratches on her face. Henri felt like the side of her face would eventually bruise, but it was nothing that she hadn’t been able to fix with a little bit of makeup before.

”Hey Liz... How are you going? I’ve got dinner ready if you want it?”

There was no answer, so Henri knocked again. “Liz?”

“Go away!"

Henri paused, she knew her sister was hurting, but didn’t want to leave her here on her own. “Hey, how about some dinner first?”

“I said, go away! I don’t want to talk to you." Some sniffling could be heard in the room before it quieted down. Henri sighed, stepping away from her sister’s room and into her own. I guess giving her some space is a better idea. Maybe. Donning a beanie, Henri laced up her shoes before stepping outside with the intention of walking her emotions out.

Henri's phone was buzzing along the way. She ignored it at first, before she realised her friends were fighting again. Why can’t people just get along? Her temper flared and in the spur of the moment, she left the chat. She didn’t have the energy to focus on anyone else tonight.

Ryan must’ve noticed however, as a few DM’s later Henri was making her way towards Union Lake. A bonfire. Henri wasn’t too keen on another party so quickly after the last one, but maybe the bonfire would be a good way to get her mind off of the things going on at home.

It wasn’t long before Henri found herself sitting against a tree on the outskirts of the bonfire. She lazily scanned the teenagers milling around closer to the fire and picked out a few of her close friends in the crowd... But she couldn’t bring herself to walk over to go say hello. She felt just... drained. Picking at a few blades of grass, she slipped in some earbuds and let her playlist run, secretly wishing that she could go back in time.
OUTFIT: No fucks here
INTERACTIONS: N/A
MENTIONS: Ryan
TAGS: N/A

sly

MOOD: anxious, nervous.
OUTFIT: xoxo
TAGS: dani jasmyn jasmyn , chelsea ditto ditto , mercedes Soap Soap , edwin hery hery

"There's just too many questions surrounding you, son. Too many arrows pointing in your direction. The Jarvis' can only do so much for you."

His breathing choked at the words leaving Big Johnny's mouth. His fingers curled into fists dug deep into the pockets of his leather jacket, and every tweet of a bird only annoyed Sly the more as they walked down the rocky path.

"What are you telling me, Johnny? Quit beating around the bush." Sly spat. Throughout their walk he'd been avoiding any direct eye contact with the old man. He knew the answer to his question before he'd even asked it. He just hoped that some way, some how, things could be solved differently.

"You need to skip town-"

"No."

"It'll be only for a couple weeks, Sylvester-"

"That's not my name!" Sly's words cut through Big Johnny's, but they didn't stop there. As he'd turned to Johnny to shout at him, berate him for addressing him with a name only associated with his past life, he could see the pain in the wrinkles around his eyes. A subtle quiver in his lips. "There's too much I haven't fixed, J." His tone was much softer, and in spite of staring dead at Johnny, flickers of Danielle Monroe flowed through his psyche. All of them leading up to the other night-- to when he'd kicked her out of his car.

"You would be doing this for Danielle." Big Johnny stopped in his tracks, and placed a gentle hand over Sly's shoulder. "You really want to drag her into this? You're an Ambridge mechanic that drives a Porsche. You steal cars from Auburn Springs-- the school you attend now." Johnny leaned closer, his words only a faint whisper as he spoke into Sly's ear, "You put one down on that Bridger kid, Chelsea. You think Social Services isn't watching? The police won't be involved? You have to disappear, Sly."

Sly let out a long sigh.

"At least give me today with Dani. Then I leave at midnight."

Moments after that morning walk with Johnny, Sly was seated atop Dani's bed. He'd caught her off guard following their less than pleasant conversation... but Dani came around. Even though he was a man riddled with flaws and a shitty temper, Dani managed to see the little good in him. They enjoyed the day without mention of Chelsea, or Mercedes. Having deep-fried food on sticks, winning childish toys, and giving Dani as many kisses as she wanted made for an amazing last day in town.

He didn't mention his plans for that night. Sly told himself it was only to protect her, but deep down he knew that if he'd given her even a glimpse at what he was doing, Dani would find a way to let her join in. It was hard to say no whenever it came to her.

Thus, when the night had come to an end, and the two of them were cuddled up in Dani's bedroom, Sly planted a final kiss over the cheek of a sleeping Dani. It took every inch of willpower in him not to wake her up and explain what it is he was going to do. The texts from Big Johnny telling him to be quick weren't helping either. After a moment's hesitation, Sly settled by swiping the bright blue stuffed tiger Dani had won at the fair, and escaped from her house through the window.

The cold air of the night was replaced by a shock wave of heat as Sly's ride went up in a mixture of orange and red flames.

"Was that really necessary? You could've just crushed it."

"What can I say, I'm a whore for theatrics, Sly." Little Johnny laughed. He was the spitting image of his father, stoic and strong, and almost always in the grey 'Johnny's Auto-Shop' jumper he currently had on. "See 'ya soon, man." Sly nodded, and took Johnny's firm grasp, pulling himself into the man. He patted his back a couple times before finally pulling away. "The old man's parked out front waiting for you."

As Little Johnny had instructed, Sly met his father in the front of the Auto-Shop in their dark brown Ford F-150. "You ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Sly answered.

"Phone?"

"Crushed."

"Clothes?"

"What do you think is in the bag?"

A moment passed before the last check on the list.

"Dani?"

In the pocket of his jacket sat the picture they'd taken hours before at the fair. Goofy faces from the photo booth. For Johnny, Sly just extended his right arm forwards, presenting the stuffed toy she'd won for him.

With a nod from Big Johnny, Sly tossed the tattered brown duffle bag into the open trunk. In the passenger seat he clutched the toy firmly over his chest, and stared out of the rolled down window. There wasn't much to see in the darkness besides the blurred tree silhouettes, and illuminating lamp posts... Something about the amalgamation of dark hues still found a a way to calm him down though.

"Penny for your thought, kid?" Big Johnny asked a couple hours into their drive to Portland.

"Just how much I hate when people drive me."

... And how much I wish I could be driving her to school tomorrow. He didn't tell Johnny that last part.

code by low fidelity.

cool pirate cowboy 123123
Dexter Cruz
Auburn Springs

Friendship is an odd thing. That's a given.

Friendship isn't easy. That isn't always the case.

To Dexter, a boy of many eccentricities and few brain cells, he liked to think it came pretty easily. Sure, the bizarre machinations of his mind were almost frighteningly difficult to grasp, but that wasn't so much his fault. It should have been easy to discern that he was a simple guy, with a plethora of thoughts lacking any—if at all—complexity.

He embraced the idea that had lots of friends. And he lived completely convinced that most others felt the same about him. Whether this was out of obliviousness or a stubborn will to find the love emanating off of others as they gave him perplexed stares wasn't a relevant detail.

Dex didn't need to be understood. He wouldn't have minded making an attempt to educate his peers, but what would that really do?

Now, he never felt misunderstood in the way that he felt inclined to lash out or draw away out of an inflated sense of individualism. In fact, it was quite the opposite. He always operated under the mindset that himself, at face value, was enough for others. Shouldn't it be? Everyone seemed to have so much going on, so many long-standing issues and teenage angst that analyzing the circus performing over and over in Dex's head was of the least importance.

And, again, that was fine. He never had much to worry about. He sat behind his white picket fence with the family who he loved and who returned it in full. Life was easy, fun, and free of major consequence. He never tried to brag, yet perhaps his ignorance and imposing happiness was enough to distance himself from others. But wouldn't it be worse if he was ungrateful for the favorable hand he'd been dealt?

That part he didn't like. Some days he wondered if it was okay to be happy when, in the grand scheme of things, people were suffering. Other days, he'd ruminate about how helpful he really was to his friends. What he could be doing instead of running through the sprinkler in his underwear? In October.

How did Chelsea really feel? Why did Ren suddenly up and leave at the party? Where had Sly run off to? What did Oliver do after he'd dropped his phone at Val's place? Did he ever ask Mer if she was hurting, even if her brother was the one injured? He'd always been under the impression that asking questions was overstepping boundaries. He knew Chelsea's secrecy came from a good place. Whatever happened to him that night, he'd entrusted Dex to help him, just as Chelsea had done so long ago. No inquiry required.

But was that the right thing to do? Is leaving it to trust really okay? It's impossible to always know what's best for yourself. Dex always did what he was supposed to do for his friends' sake, but he could no longer deny the nagging thought in the back of his head begging him to consider just how differently things could go if he just tried a little harder. His go-to for solving problems was always to comfort his friends and do what they said, because more often than not people need to be distracted. He'd done the same for a miserable Elena when she'd moved in with him years and years ago. To this day, Dexter still never figured out just what was going on with her family before she'd packed up her things and moved to Auburn Springs. It seemed like enough at the time to just be a friend.

At the time, it might have been above, but it wasn't beyond. Dex could have done more. He could have gone looking for Chelsea before he got hurt, considering he should have been with him at the party from the beginning. Had he gone after Ren, maybe she wouldn't have been so agitated before their little hangout at the fair. Yet... warning signs aren't always the flashiest, most obvious things. He may have been stupid, but Dex wasn't blind. Something was on her mind. And Sly, who he'd exchanged messages briefly throughout the course of the party, vanished just a week later. Was there some sign in what he'd said? Something Dex had overlooked?

All that stuff was weeks ago anyway. Oh well...?

In the end, it wasn't enough. He tried and tried and tried, but at the end of the day, the shoulder to cry on never solves the problems. It just distracts. Behind his genuine smile and pristine white picket fence was a boy who was hardly understood (not to be confused with misunderstood) and with little understanding of anyone else. Was that where he went wrong? Or was it where he went right?

All these questions were really doing a number on his left brain.

He cared deeply about everyone else. Not what they thought of him, but just... them. And so, Chelsea's baffled stare that screamed "I don't get you" came as no insult—not that the other boy meant it as one in the first place. It was comforting to know, as friends, they could be there for each other without needing to relate so deeply. Or to be Superman.

"Come on, man, try new things!" he insisted, shoving the shorter boy playfully. He bore a wide, appreciative grin that, added with the fond looks he gave his friend, made him look like a dopey, sappy baby. He felt a twinge of guilt as he saw the bruise on Chelsea's chin, but he did his best to forget about that. He'd done what he was supposed to when he was needed.

"Well, you never know..." he sheepishly countered, feeling shame wash over him as Chelsea perfectly saw through his attitude about potentially starting fires. Maybe there was a reason why Dex wasn't usually trusted with the big, important things. "I mean, if you just let loose a little and stopped worrying about the consequences, you could stop the trouble from happening in the first place." He began to laugh maniacally, praising himself for being such a good influence. "After all, two pairs of kneecaps are better than one. And chocolate bars. Did you bring any snacks, by the way?"

Moving topics at a swift speed was easy for Dex, especially when he had so much to talk about. And that was just about anything. Good thing Chelsea knew everything. It must have flattered the guy to be Dex's first choice for offering confusing hypotheticals just because he was that intelligent. "Sure you look great! I for one really digged the nose tampons. Do you think if you hit my nose hard enough, I could get those too? Or maybe my ears or butt or something. Do they have those for that?" From anyone else, that would have been obvious sarcasm. But from Dexter? Who's to say.

Chelsea's stern tone and harsh commands had no effect on Dex; it was just how the guy talked. The amused boy's childish giggles indicated that he had no intention to take his friend seriously, even if his limp, lowered hand proved that he'd already bent to Chelsea's will. The finger wiggling would live on in another fashion. Namely, some other annoying gesture he could do in his face in probably the next five minutes.

"Yeah, yeah, I got you, man," Dex assured Chelsea, carefree as ever. His blank stare might have been a tiny cause for concern, as it had taken several moments before he caught on to what was being alluded. "Don't you worry, little guy. Secret's safe with me," he added, forgetting to lower the volume of his voice once again. He gave Chelsea a patronizing pat on the head, resolving to do what he did best: carry on like everything was normal.

Dexter followed close behind like an excited puppy, almost stepping on Chelsea's heel twice. He grabbed a beer, his trademark beverage, idly sipping it with a pensive face. It was strange. Everything was normal, but it was becoming somewhat of a struggle to rapid fire drink like usual. He stopped in front of Chelsea, who had just sat down, and prepared to say something. However, he faltered once he realized he had no idea what he wanted to say in the first place.

He seated himself beside Chelsea, almost missing his mark and placing his butt on the air. He stumbled a little and chuckled, dropping the brief thoughtful expression he had. He threw his head back and downed half of the beer, relieved to be back in the partying mood. He especially felt like the universe owed him a good time after that flop of a party at Val's mansion.

A lightbulb seemed to switch on as sandwiches were brought up, bringing Dexter to life. "Right, right!" he answered, sorting the jumbled mess of thoughts entangled in his brain. In a flash, he realized he had already forgotten what he was going to ask Chelsea earlier. "So, um, sandwich spreads. Like, nutella and ketchup... I think? I don't remember specifically. You ever, um, mash relish into mushier mush? I think, um , you know... I just know you totally would have hated my sandwich combo theories," he explained incoherently, bursting into laughter over an explanation he'd horribly forgotten and butchered.

"I bet Ren would say she has, like, blood or something with her tuna sandwich," he mused, churning out random thoughts like it was nothing, "She cracks me up. Like, she's a little scary and probably has bad sandwich opinions, but I feel like she'd at least appreciate mine, you know?" He looked Chelsea in the eye, his own impish gaze silently pestering the boy. "We hung out at the fair last week. I'm surprised I didn't see you..." In fact, Dex hadn't done much of seeing Chelsea at events recently, it seemed. What was he up to?

A sudden astonishment washed over Dex's face, a brighter lightbulb than his failed sandwich explanation lighting him up. "Dude! You totally like her! You're avoiding her because you're embarrased!" he exclaimed, as though he'd just cracked the mystery of cold fusion, "Aha! It all makes sense!"

No, it didn't... Ren and Chelsea never hung out in the first place. But what if? There was at least a one in a million chance that his assertion was correct. Two of Dexter's favoritest people... it was fate after all that he'd come up with this idea.
| mood: maxin & relaxin | outfit: clothes | location: bonfire | mentions: Ren, Sly, Oliver, Val, Mer | interactions: Chelsea | tags: ditto ditto |

Superman by Boyce Avenue
Mason

What, Mason wondered, had he done to deserve this fucking bullshit?

He rolled his eyes, waiting for Raven to get off her fucking high horse and stop being a bit of a bitch about this whole thing. She was fucking overreacting, fucking taking his words out of context, and fucking thinking he would use his own daughter to manipulate Raven because he missed her. No, fuck that. Fuck that. Mason was fucking doing this shit for Ari, not for himself, not because he missed Raven. He could drop her in a heartbeat and not even blink an eye.

Mason looked down towards his shoes, kicking absently at the ground with the tip of his worn Converse while Raven shouted back into the house at Nancy. And no, he wasn't fucking looking down to hide the small crooked smile that was on his face at Raven being absolutely overdramatic. No, no, no -- fuck that. And fuck you for thinking that.

"You good?" He asked as the smile faded to be replaced by his typical frowning, grumpy expression. Mason turned his gaze from her to look in the house as Nancy called out to him.

"I'll pay you, Mason if you get her out of the house. She hasn't left in weeks." She said and a lopsided grin cracked across Mason's face.

"Deal." Mason agreed as Nancy made her way over and, despite Raven's protests, promptly shoved her out with a coat and ten bucks for him (not that there was much he could do with just ten bucks, but he appreciated the thought).

He followed after Raven down the front porch steps, hands resting in his pockets as he aimlessly walked after her. His dark gaze was focused on the cracked pavement in front of him as they walked. As a subconscious force of habit, his footsteps fell into a sort of irregular rhythm to land on as many of the cracks as possible.

"Huh?" He hadn't really been listening, instead lost in his own thoughts, so it took a moment for it to click in his head what Raven had asked. Cigarette. Right. "What kind of dumb question is that?" He asked, his tone harsh but, well, normal for Mason. "Of course I do." Mason scoffed at the very idea that he'd cigarette-less.

His hand went to the front pocket of his flannel, pulling out the half-empty box of cigarettes, his lighter, and the ten dollars that Nancy had so graciously gifted him. He slid the money into his front pocket with his wallet before he popped open the top of the cigarette box, taking one out and placing it between his lips before holding one out to Raven. The box of cigarettes was then promptly dropped back into the front pocket of his flannel.

He lit his own cigarette before handing the lighter to Raven. For a moment, he let his gaze linger on Raven and then he looked ahead again. He pinched the cigarette loosely between two fingers, breathing in deeply before letting hand with cigarette fall to his side. Mason exhaled slowly, the billowing cigarette smoke blowing back in his face thanks to the wind.

Mason didn't do drugs. Mason wasn't much of a drinker (he really only drank at parties and shit, and even then it was usually just a couple beers). So... cigarettes had become his choice of escape.

Raven, however?

Not really.

Mason knew this.

"What's wrong?" He asked. He brought the cigarette back up, taking another drag and exhaling quicker this time before adding; "And don't give me any of that 'nothing, I'm fucking grand' shit. Something's fucking up, and I don't think it's just about this fucking Valerie shit." Mason risked a quick glance over at Raven who, although he'd never admit it aloud, was probably the only person in this fucked up town that he cared for as much as he did Drake. "You can tell me whatever it is. You know that, right?"

Rip his fucking teeth out. He felt like a fucking sap fucking talking like this.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: Raven | tags: Soap Soap |
º º code by ditto º º

mood: i just want a good night.
outfit: casual wear
mentions: that rivera bastard, ren, sly, dani
interactions: dex
tags: hery hery
CHELSEA KADER FREUD
1 the king of auburn springs™
“Nutella and…ketchup,” Chelsea repeated, shaking his head and suppressing a grin. It was so goofy that he couldn’t help but exhale in amusement. Chelsea’s best friend was…something, that was for sure. At least nutella and ketchup wasn’t a lethal combination.

Had Chelsea had to stop Dex from eating things that could probably kill him? He didn’t want to talk about it.

(Also, Poptarts in foil didn’t go in microwaves, dumbass— yes, even if you smothered the package in ranch.)

At the name Ren— which wasn’t even a fucking name, by the way— Chelsea’s jaw clenched.

The mood shifted— abruptly.

Dex didn’t know.

Dex didn’t know, and Chelsea couldn’t fucking tell him, but goddamn it, why did he have to talk about her of all people?

Or maybe I’ll spare you and have your sister go through it in your place?

Her words— he could still hear them. The viciousness behind them.

The fucking proof that Bridgers were nothing but savages— scrawny, disgusting, with rotting entrails and seething, poisonous breath, with no standards and no boundaries— and the proof that that bitch was just like all of them. Wannabes. Fucking wannabes.

“She’s a bitch. You don’t need to be talking to her,” Chelsea said, voice short, his anger seeping through his voice. He shifted his gaze from his friend beside himself to the fire in front of him. The orange flames licking at the air reflected off of his hazel eyes, making them glow orange and warm as well.

He sighed out a long breath of air, closing his eyes slowly before turning his head back toward Dex and looking him over. “You hung out with her at the fair? Why didn’t you tell me that you were going to do that?” he asked, his lip curling upward.

He looked back at the fire, sighing out a long breath. There was a loud crackle, and he closed his eyes again. “She’s using you. You realize that, right?” he said. “She’s a Bridger, Dex.” He opened his eyes once more. “Our enemy.” His voice was full of vitriol.

His heart squeezed in his chest, and he clenched his teeth.

“I know her, Dex. This isn’t petty shit, either. I’m not saying that it’s just because she’s a Bridger. I don’t like her— in any fucking capacity.” His voice was steady, his words delivered determinedly, his meter slow and steady despite the heat behind them. “Mason. Sly. Dani. Ren.” He shook his head slightly, looking over at Dex, his harsh eyes meeting his friend’s, and he stared at him for a moment. “I know them, Dexter.” He emphasized each of his words, as if his life depended on him understanding this.

“I understand them. I’ve been through…some shit. I’ve seen what they’re capable of firsthand. I’ve seen all of their…bullshit firsthand. They’re nothing. Nothing but wannabes who think that crushing everyone in their paths is the way to do shit. Nothing but tryhards who can’t get it through their fucking heads that they’re not wanted. Nothing but small bitches trying to play with the big dogs…”

His eyes turned back to the fire, and his words trailed off again.

Fire.

Fire’d started it all.

If that one shithead hadn’t burned down the fucking school, then none of this would have happened, and CK could have lived as normal, with a friend by his side and a set future and a life ahead of him with no variables that were in question.

Nothing unknown. Nothing uncomfortable. No questions and no answers.

Now, there was nothing but unknown.

Nothing but this fucking bullshit.

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

“They’re…nothing,” he said once more, voice hardly above a mutter. “Nothing but nothing, prodding at fires until they get burned.”

He paused another moment, listening to the crackling fire. The anger inside of him burned with its own fire, and he didn't try to suppress it in the least.

He put his hands on his thighs. "Dex," he started, his stern voice thoughtful, "I'm going to ask you something, and I don't want you to..." He shook his head slightly. "I just want to ask you."

He looked over at his friend, studying his face for a moment before the question left his lips:

"Can I trust you?"
º º code by ditto º º

mood: “Boom!”
outfit: here
mentions: ryan
interactions:
tags: geminiy geminiy
Serenity Jones
I’m everything you can’t control.”

Ren loved doing hair, especially when it came to braiding. It was one of the only things that she happened to be good at and it was obvious that she took pride in it. So it almost pained her to admit that she was getting tired of it lately, it had become something that she didn’t do because she loved it but rather because she needed to. Her fingers and wrist were still sore from the box of protective styles, her back hurt from standing up for long periods of time. But she refused to let it show or slow her down, she wasn’t some weak bitch and there was money to be made. She had a long way to go before she made what Charity had taken from her.

Her sorry excuse for a mother hadn’t been back since she had stolen her daughter’s money. But it was better that way. Ren didn’t know what she would have done if Charity came back so soon, but whatever it was would have probably landed her behind bars. Though the thought of being locked up wasn’t scary to her. She was sure that she’d fit in just fine with the rest of the convicts. For a moment a certain four eyed boy crossed her mind and she shook her head. No, she couldn’t go to prison just yet. There was too much that she had to do and too many things that she wanted to do but hadn’t gotten the chance to do yet.

She looked down at the box in her hand and smirked, yeah she wasn’t done having her fun just yet. While fire was also cool to look at Ren was in the mood to see something explode. She’d been quick to hit up one of her contacts in order to get her hands on some illegal fireworks. As she made her way into the woods Ren stopped to gaze at the flames for a moment. While she didn’t use the word often she could only describe the image as pretty. If she had to pick an element to call her favorite fire would definitely be it. It was so destructive, it could consume everything and leave nothing behind but ashes and chaos in its wake. Ren felt the urge to touch the flame, to reach out and feel the burn for herself. How quickly would she become one with the flames? How long would it take for her to be engulfed and consumed, leaving nothing behind but ash.

Sadly, luckily, she didn’t get the chance to find out. Ren immediately bared her teeth when someone bumped into her and then she was heading into the forest for some real fun.
º º code by ditto º º

Rx (Medicate)
Drake

TW: Drug use

Ever since That Really Bad Incident that had happened near the beginning of the summer, Drake had been limiting his drug exposure. Err, limiting the amount of drugs he did -- it was hard to limit the exposure when it was around you everywhere you went.

He didn't want to end up like that again, despite how he may have talked sometimes. He wanted to get better -- he really did -- but it was... so... god... damn... fucking... hard.

This, though? Sitting in the leaves with some dude he'd only heard of and seen in passing while they popped pills and passed a joint back and forth?

Now that was fucking easy.

Drake wasn't good at much -- he was an idiot. Nothing stuck and his grades had always rested on the cusp of failing. He did sports, but he was mediocre at best and probably lost his teams more games than he could count. He had the attention span of a fucking gnat and couldn't stay focused on anything. He wasn't even good at shoplifting or other crime, and yet that was probably still his best skill.

However, weed? Drugs?

The one thing he understood.

And the one thing no one compared him to Mason for. There was no calling him Mini Mason or mistaking his last name for Rivera when it came to this shit. This was where he excelled, as depressed and fucked up as that might have been, it was true.

"What's in your truck?" Drake asked. His pale gaze followed DC's hand as he placed the joint between his lips. Fucker. Drake just-- he just--

Look, he forgot his weed. Surprise, surprise, the fucking pothead wasn't as good at being a pothead as he'd said. He was getting antsy -- as Drake tended to do with his ever-existent high would start to diminish and wane. His fingers tapped more aggressively against each other as he tore his gaze from the joint to watch DC messing with his pill bottle.

He took the pill bottle back, shaking one into his hand and popping it into his mouth before closing the bottle and sliding it back into the pocket of his jeans for later. And then, finally, finally, DC offered Drake the one thing that he'd been craving more than anything else.

Imagine a lot of like... a lot of cheering. Rounds of applause. So much joy and excitement as he reached out, taking the joint in his hand, that there were probably tears being shed by the audience inside Drake's head. So much joy that he was also experiencing that there was a good chance the poor boy would break down into tears of pure, unbridled happiness himself as he brought the one thing he sought out more than anything else to his lips and breathed in deeply.

The exhilirating feeling of the smoke entering and filling his lungs made Drake's fidgeting and tapping come to a pause. He held the smoke in until his lungs felt as if they might burst, and then finally, he exhaled and the smell of sweet, sweet weed filled his nose and everything felt right in the world. As if everything was finally aligning perfectly -- as if this moment right here was heaven on earth. Drake could die happy.

He brought it back to his lips, taking in another deep drag but not exhaling quite as dramatically as before as he passed it back to DC. This second drag came with a small cough from Drake.

"Why we gotta do it in your truck?" Drake asked, his curiosity piqued now that his addiction had been temporarily sated. "Is it because your truck is cool? Like a party in your truck? Is your truck actually a party bus? I've always wanted to be on a party bus. I think I'd be an amazing stripper on a party bus, although poles and I don't exactly agree after I got my tongue stuck to one."

He chattered away, his words and questions rapid fire as he spoke.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: DC | tags: ditto ditto |
º º code by ditto º º

Angel with a Shotgun
Rory

It took all of Rory's pitiful reservoir of self-control to not snap at Lance when he suggested... setting people on fire. Surely not even the self-proclaimed "King of Ambridge" (who was more reminiscent of the town drunk, stumbling around aimlessly and surviving off of money tossed to his useless self out of pure pity) was fucking dumb enough to go around setting people on fire.

Now, Rory was proud of the city she grew up in -- well, maybe not proud of it. It wasn't like she went around cheering "woo Ambridge!" because in all reality, what was there to cheer about? But it wasn't like she hated her city, or hated the people that she had grown up with (save for a handful that she really did despise).

However, it was dumbasses like Goat Fucker Lance that made her want to bash her head into a fucking wall.

How dense could you really be?

And sure, he was probably joking, but Lance was one of those idiots. The idiots that did really dumb shit that would land him behind bars for the next sixty years.

Maybe he'd take his fucking girlfriend down with him.

She turned her dark, narrowed gaze that had been focused on Jade and Lance to look at her little brother as he stumbled over his words to try and come up with something for them to do. Oh... it was almost too painful to watch and Rory almost jumped in to save him, but hey. He wanted to be "a big bad boy," and big bad boys could speak for themselves without their sisters stepping in.

And it was entertaining.

Until he turned the question on her.

“Rory. Ideas? I, uh, think she asked you.”

One eyebrow rose up and she gave Ian a seriously? best you could do? look before she let out a sigh and let her expression return to normal. Rory's fingers tapped against her arm in thought.

Normally, she'd be all for blowing shit up. Maybe fireworks or something really fucking cool, you know? Or even starting a fire somewhere -- abandoned warehouses were fun as fuck to light on fire, but... none of those ideas seemed the smartest -- or the safest -- with Ian hanging around. She had to think about keeping him safe.

He slammed a beer bottle into his head, for fuck's sake. He shouldn't be allowed around anything even mildly dangerous.

"We could shoplift shit," she suggested -- which was such a dumb suggestion, but it was the safest option that Rory could come up with... until she thought about how, if they did get caught, they'd end up probably getting kicked from their foster home -- and they actually had a decent fucking home right now.

Well... as long as Rory was there, fireworks wasn't probably end of the world. She could just put Ian out if -- sorry, when -- he caught himself on fire.

"Actually," she started again, inwardly groaning because she knew this was going to stroke her little brother's already seemingly massive ego. "Fireworks doesn't sound half bad." And they didn't sound half dangerous, either -- just sit back and watch, right? "What do you guys say?" She asked, shifting her gaze to Lance and Jade.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: Ian, Jade, Lance | tags: ditto ditto jasmyn jasmyn natsukashii natsukashii |
º º code by ditto º º

mood: betrayed
outfit: shirt and pants
mentions: lola
interactions: dani and murph
tags: jasmyn jasmyn geminiy geminiy
Lincoln Bello
1 the fence™

The fair.

It wasn’t as horrible as he thought it’d be. Of course, that’s because he didn’t spend any time there and was able to spend it near his old stomping grounds. Rory had helped remind him what he had been missing since coming to Auburn Springs. It had been hard to sneak away. His new family didn’t want anything to do with them, but also didn’t want them ruining their image in any way.

He missed Ambridge. Despite the struggles, it was simpler. Easier to navigate. And he didn’t have to walk around on eggshells worrying that this would be the day his father threw him and his sister to the curb. Granted, they still had time before they turned eighteen, but still. Greystone had money and with money came power.

Luckily, Lola was a genius. At least in his eyes. They had been funnelling money for a while. It was the Ambridge way. Survival by any means necessary. Even Lincoln had been stashing money away to ensure that he and his sister were taken care of when the inevitable happened. Did he have to do the unthinkable? Sure. Was he proud? Not a chance. But he refused to be stuck in Auburn Springs for the rest of his life.

The bonfire was a bad idea. He knew it was. He knew he and Lola were treading water and that one misstep could bring their world tumbling down, but he didn’t care. And since Lola had already left for the bonfire, he assumed she didn’t either. This wasn’t their home. The Springers made sure to make that abundantly clear. If they wanted to draw lines in the sand...then he was happy to cross those lines and show them they weren’t pieces of trash that could be ignored.

He grabbed his jacket off the bar stool and headed out toward the garage and wheeled his motorcycle out to the street. His stepmother hated it. Even offered to buy him a car if he’d promised to get rid of it. That only made him want to keep it more. And he had finally scrounged up enough money to fix it up and deal with the fact that he had stolen it a couple years back. He started it up and glanced back at his house with a smirk. He knew his stepmom was probably fuming as he sped off out of his new neighborhood.

Dani had wanted to get together. Stir up trouble. Like old times. Something Lincoln had been avoiding for various reasons, but he couldn’t say no. Not that Dani even gave him an option. She didn’t tend to do that. He rounded the corners and made his way toward the spot that she had told him to meet her.

“Link. I haven’t seen you in a while. Don’t tell me you finally decided to trade me in for a Springer?”

He smirked over at her as he set his foot down on the ground. “You know...you could just say you missed me.” He gave a wink to his best friend. She wasn’t wrong. It had been a while. Too long. But in reality, he needed space. Space from the reminders of everything he had lost when he moved to Auburn Springs. He opened his mouth to make another comment when another person rode up. His mouth went dry. He knew who it was before the other guy came to a full stop. Ryan Murphy.

Okay...maybe Dani was more pissed than he thought. Why would she ambush him like this? Why would she not warn a guy that she had invited his ex-whatever to joyride with them.

“You didn’t tell me Link was coming.”

Okay. At least he wasn’t the only one she kept it from, but he didn’t have to sound so fucking disappointed. That was his line. He wasn’t the one who broke things off. He wasn’t the one that got locked up and left him when he needed him. When he needed his best friend.

“It’s, uh, good to see you man.”

He scanned the street and swallowed hard. Was it? He didn’t really think so. The guy didn’t even tell him that he had gotten out of jail. Just popped up one day like nothing had changed...except everything had. Even Dani could feel it. Why else would she pull a stunt like this? He wanted to tell him off. Turn around. Head back home. Remember the reason he stayed away in the first place.

His eyes went to the cut above Ryan’s eye. He softened...like he always did when it came to Ryan. Didn’t need to say anything. He knew where the other boy had received it. Knew that it was just business as usual.

“Yeah, it’s good to see you too, Murph.” He said trying to remain as cordial and level headed as possible. He couldn’t deny that it was. As much as he hated to admit it to himself. At least he knew he was alive. A passing car brought him out of his head.

“So, what’s on the agenda for tonight? Bonfire, yeah?” He stated. He could pretend everything was fine, right? For Dani. Ryan could go fuck himself.

º º code by ditto º º

RYAN MURPHY
@themurphman has set their status to:
who knows at this point

@themurphman has set their outfit to:
I have exactly three looks and this is one

@themurphman has set their location to:
Jess' house

@themurphman has mentioned:
n/a

@themurphman has interacted with:
Dani, Link, Jess

@themurphman has tagged:
jasmyn jasmyn gh0stwriter gh0stwriter Winona Winona
Ryan could feel the tension in the air, buzzing about between the three Bridgers standing lone in the intersection. Before Link had even opened his mouth, Ryan knew he was angry. How could he not be? As much as Ryan was shocked by his presence, he had no right to be mad. He knew he had fucked up hard with Link, anyone who knew the situation knew that Ryan was entirely at fault for their breakup…

Could it even be called a breakup? Had they even been dating?

The only person Ryan was mildly mad at was Dani, but even then he couldn’t bring himself to say anything. Maybe if Ryan wasn’t on the verge of a full mental collapse he would have said something, would have been more bitter towards Link’s unexpected presence. But he simply couldn’t say a damn thing. Instead, he stood there for a moment in complete silence, face blanked out and expressionless until a stinging lash of pain surged down his face from the cut. He’d been scowling and had reopened the wound with his overly dramatic eyebrow scrunches of doom.

“Bonfire, causing shit, yeah.” Ryan mumbled, raising his hand wrapped in the sleeve of his jacket to press on the wound above his eye. “Just like the good ol’ days. Though I can’t really say that crashing fancy Springer bonfires was in our usual itinerary but like I guess there’s a first for everything.”

Right. Because anything about the situation was like the ‘old days’. There was no going back to that, not then and not ever. There was no going back to before Ryan’s arrest, no going back before his mother’s disappearance, no going back to before Ryan ruined one of the best relationships he had ever had. He was stuck forever wading in the consequences of his stupid actions and there was no point to try to explain himself. All Ryan could do was accept it and move on.

“We should, uh, we should get going.” Ryan stammered, pulling the helmet roughly over his messy hair, face grimacing as the harsh fabric pulled over the cut. “Don’t wanna keep the Springers waiting for our presence. The party doesn’t start ‘til we roll up.”

Swinging his leg over the seat of his bike, Ryan got comfortable.

“Oh, and one more thing.” Ryan noted as he lifted a gloved hand up to the visor on his helmet. “You may wanna give me some space. I’ll lead the way but the demon possessing my bike may activate at literally any moment and the last thing I want is to make Dani and Link-flavoured pancakes on the road somewhere.”

Flipping the shield down, Ryan’s motorcycle revved to life. The exhaust sputtered a bit, a few plumes of smoke spitting out into the night air behind him as he kicked off, pulling past Dani and Link and down the road behind them. The entire drive, Ryan attempted to focus on the dull yellow glow of his headlights down the road. He tried to keep his mind from the two people trailing behind him, tried to keep his mind from the guilt that was bubbling up into his chest.

He hadn’t apologized for what he had done to Link. That day in the visiting room had played over and over in his mind, the feeling of the phone against his hand as he struggled to see Link’s through the scratched up glass barrier. Ryan had assumed that it was the last time he was ever going to see him. After all, he wouldn’t have blamed him. Ryan hadn’t exactly been soft and tender with breaking things off with Link, he had been overly honest and blunt. It hurt too much to be emotional, every feeling he had been suppressing threatening to push to the surface at the hurt of look on Link’s face as Ryan told him it was over. Link didn’t deserve to see him like that, dressed in an orange uniform with guards overhearing their every word. Link didn’t deserve to see Ryan so low, face banged up and bruised from running his mouth to the wrong person. Link didn’t deserve to worry about what was happening to Ryan by his own hand.

Yet even despite the remorse and the pain and the guilt, Ryan hadn’t been able to apologize. He was too weak to even look Link in the eye. Ryan Murphy was fucking pathetic.

Streets passed in a blur, cracked gravel and dusty street lights blending into polished roads and carefully landscaped medians. Ryan wasn’t ever sure that he’d get used to how picture-perfect Auburn Springs was. It was almost unsettling how cookiecutter the entire town was, nothing ever out of place or dirtied. The people reflected the landscape, all refined and perfect. It was… weird. There was no flavour in Auburn Springs, no excitement or anything interesting to offset the perfection. The second he stepped foot, or tire, into Auburn Springs, Ryan instantly missed the grime and gusto of Ambridge.

Ryan slowed slightly, breezing through an empty set of stoplights so that his bike wasn’t drawing too much unwanted attention as they passed through the suburbs. The high school sat abandoned, only one lonely car in the parking lot to indicate that anyone was inside. It looked so odd at night, lifeless without the hustle and bustle of the pompous students to give it any energy.

Slowing a little bit more, Ryan’s eye caught sight of a road sign ahead. As the shine of his headlights illuminated the sign more, a sudden realization clicked into Ryan’s mind. That, dear friends, was a very important street because on that street, there were houses. In those houses, there were people. And one of those people, if Ryan had any luck at all, was Jessie Jake. Who was he kidding? There was no way in hell that Jess of all people was going to a stupid Auburn Springs bonfire.

For a moment, Ryan considered just driving past it. There was no point in going to bug Jess. She wouldn’t want to go to a bonfire, much less with someone she barely knew showing up unannounced to her house. Then there was Dani and Link driving behind him, the tensions already high without the presence of a Springer to upset things even more.

Fuck it, things really couldn’t get much more awkward.

Ryan gave a hand signal to the two behind him announcing the turn off, taking the turn onto Jess’ street rather sharply as he had almost entirely driven past it. Picking up some speed, Ryan attempted to remember which house belonged to the Jakes. He had walked Jess halfway home exactly one time and, if he was being honest, he had been a little more focused on her rather than what house she lived in. Ryan suddenly pulled to a stop, his tires growling against the pavement.

“Bingo.” He said to himself, turning his motorcycle off and pulling his helmet off his head. Fixing his hair in the dirty side mirror of his bike, he waited for Link and Dani to stop behind him. Walking up to the bikes, Ryan forced a grin on his face. “Sorry for the detour, there’s someone I wanted to stop and see.”

Walking right up to the front door of the house, Ryan ungloved his hands and gently knocked on the door. The house inside smelled almost like baby powder and lavender and… soap? What sort of bingo hall did he just roll up to? The blinds to the large bay window next to him rattled before the house fell silent. Then, with a creak, the front door swung open just wide enough for a face to peer through, the deadbolt on the door rattling and groaning as the door was thrown open.

“What do you want?”

Ryan jumped slightly at the shrill voice, squinting through the stark contrast of the kitchen light behind the smaller figure on the other side of the door to figure out who was talking to him. He quickly came to the conclusion that unless Jess either lived with a really crabby old lady or she, herself, had transformed into a bingo-lovin’ grandma.

“Hi, uh, I’m looking for Jessica Jake.” Ryan spoke, crouching down slightly so that he was more level with the lady on the other side of the door. Before he could notice anything, a cane shot out of the gap and forced him to stumble backwards.

“The Jakes live across the street.” The woman snapped, the wooden cane still poking out towards Ryan’s chest.

“Oh. Sorry, I guess I had the wrong addre-”

The cane retreated inside and the door slammed shut, the metal deadbolt jingling as the lock clicked shut. Ryan sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he turned to face Dani and Link.

“I, uh, I guess I got the wrong address. Whoops.” Ryan laughed awkwardly, walking with Dani and Link across the street.

Ryan contemplated knocking on the front door again but faltered, not exactly desiring another old lady fanged attack. Instead, Ryan was struck with yet another brilliant idea. Walking around to the side of the house, he grinned with satisfaction. Ryan picked up his speed and hopped the gate, swinging his body over the fence and into her backyard.

Ryan moved slowly and silently, years upon years of sneaking about stores and properties coming well into play. Standing back to view the back of the house, Ryan looked at the windows. There were three, one of which was completely dark while the other two clearly looked like bedrooms. Ryan looked each one over closely before making a decision as to which window he was going to scale up to. Grabbing onto a drainpipe and testing its sturdiness, Ryan hoisted himself up and began to climb upwards, his arms reaching over to the window ledge of the window he assumed contained the right bedroom.

With his legs still clutching onto the drainpipe, Ryan peered around the corner in the least creepy way possible, a genuine grin on his face. Tapping on the window carefully with his fingers, Ryan waved comically at Jess as he smiled widely. As soon as the window was open, Ryan pulled himself up so that he was sitting sideways on the ledge, his legs dangling freely off the side out the house.

“Heya Jessie.” Ryan greeted, his signature goofy grin across his face. “Hope ya don’t mind me swinging in. We were just driving by on the way to the Springer dumpster fire and I thought to myself ‘hey, I bet Jessie’s still at home because she hates people and socialization’. And then I thought ‘but the night is so beautiful and the party is gonna be so lame without the only Springer with a stick up their ass so we’d better go get her’. So here we are. Your chariot is awaiting you out front, should you decide to totally have an epic night rather than just staying home all boring-like. If you don’t come, it’s gonna be really boring and I would’ve climbed up here with one leg for no reason.”

º º code by ditto º º

mood: drugs
outfit: some of the contents of his floor
mentions: ck
interactions: aaron drake
tags: Winona Winona
DONNA CAIN CAMUS
1 the disappointment™
(tw: drugs)

There was one thing that Donna was known for: being a failure. This thing was indisputable. Subpar at violin despite working until his fingers bled. Straight Cs in all of his classes, only made because he paid off his smarter classmates to write his assignments for him. The least valuable player in football, which got him more injuries than anything helpful. A druggie who no one wanted to look at or be around. Not particularly attractive when compared to nearly anyone else. Unimpressive in every form, every fashion, and every way the word could be interpreted.

In spite of having this one thing that people associated his name with, if one was to ask what he was remembered for, the answer would be nothing. He was Chelsea Kader Freud’s younger brother. He was the son of Benjamin Camus, the stepson of Eloise Freud. If it weren’t for those facts, he would be entirely forgotten.

Donna Cain Camus was forgettable. In the grand scheme of things, as he trudged through this pointless, dreary life, Donna knew that no one would remember him. His name, sure. The “bad” shit that he did...probably. If he died— or if he disappeared— then sympathy would drip for his family for all two weeks, and then it would turn back to judgement, and then he’d be forgotten, and it would hardly take any time at all.

What point would there be in remembering him? None at all. He wouldn’t’ve accomplished anything. He wouldn’t’ve made any contributions. The most that could have been said was that he had been alive.

Hell, was he alive?

He supposed that it was more accurate to say that he existed. He existed, as little as that mattered to anyone or anything.

He tried to find enjoyment in what he could, no matter how pointless short-lived pleasure was, and he supposed that, at present, that was whatever the hell that pill was and the object that Drake now passed back to him. Putting it between his lips and filling his lungs with the smoke that had grown to be his only true friend, Donna scanned the leaves above him, unable to make out the details of them in the low light.

Drake’s voice sounded strange and echoey against his ears, as if he was speaking into a shallow bucket covered in a layer of cloth. "Why we gotta do it in your truck? Is it because your truck is cool? Like a party in your truck? Is your truck actually a party bus? I've always wanted to be on a party bus. I think I'd be an amazing stripper on a party bus, although poles and I don't exactly agree after I got my tongue stuck to one."

“Meds,” he said, as if that was all the explanation he needed to give to his question, and he ignored the rest. “Chelsea’s meds.”

It wasn’t as if they weren’t popping pills out here, or that he couldn’t go get the bags of crushed escape out of his vehicle, but…

He’d cut it with some stuff that...well, it just wouldn’t be the best idea for others to see them out here doing it. Too much to explain.

He paused a long moment, exhaling another puff from his joint. “Drake…what are you doing here? Did you come to smoke like me…?” he asked drearily, not expecting him to really answer. “Or did you come to do something fun and come to me out of pity?”
º º code by ditto º º

Aristocrat by New Politics
Natalie

To be honest, Natalie was surprised when Katee took the cup from her. She crossed her arms over her chest with a smug smile as she watched him. Surely, he'd run away crying or something equally ridiculous and Natalie would be pleasantly left alone for the night instead of having to deal with this guy again.

Surely, this wouldn't bet yet another party that a Bridger completely ruined for her.

Nat was even more surprised when Nut took a sip of the alcohol -- and her smug expression was replaced by a amused smile as the idiot drained the cup even as coughs racked his pitiful frame.

But then, as if sharing a few passing words with Katee and giving him her drink wasn't embarrassing enough, the dumb boy dropped to the ground and started yelling out "I'm gonna die!" as he dramatically clutched at his throat.

Natalie considered pitching herself straight into the fire so she wouldn't have to deal with the confused glances of her peers and the rest of the disgusting Bridgers as Nut's overdramatic mannerism drew the attention of everyone in the vicinity. Most of the Bridgers -- probably accustomed to his idiocy -- looked away, but the stunned gazes of her fellow Springers were the ones she actually cared about.

"He's not dying," she quickly tried to clarify, painting a terribly fake smile on her face. "He's just umm... he just had some alcohol." But no one was really listening, and Natalie again considered how death by fire might be a good alternative to this.

At the very least, as Nut's cries lessened and his coughing started to subside, those whose stares were still lingering finally fell away and everyone around them returned to their normal conversations. Natalie's cheeks, however, had reddened during the escapades and the heat of her cheeks wasn't willing to die down quite yet.

"You're ridiculous," she hissed, glaring down at him. Maybe if she glared hard enough, Nut would finally get the hint and leave her the hell alone. That's all she really wanted.

One night without a Bridger ruining her time.

"Get up," she ordered through gritted teeth, her tone still harsh as she spoke down at him. She waited until he had risen back to his feet before she continued speaking, her voice still just as harsh and snotty as always. "Don't you have literally anyone else to annoy with your presence tonight?" She snapped.

"Why are you even here? The invitations clearly stated No Bridgers."

Well, they hadn't because there hadn't been actual invitations and unfortunately, too many of her peers were falling victim to the Bridgers'... well she wouldn't say charm because they most certainly didn't possess that. Anyway, if there had been invitations, she was sure they would've been sent out to the Bridgers, too.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: Katee| tags: ditto ditto |
º º code by ditto º º

mood: oops
outfit: normal fit
mentions: n/a
interactions: nat
KATEE NAUSBAUM
1 the snitch™
“You’re ridiculous.”

Natalie’s scorn didn’t really phase Katee. He was used to words like that, and at least these words were coming from a cute blonde girl, which helped to soften the blow even further.

If he wasn’t hearing stuff like that, whether from Nat or anyone else, then something was wrong.

He sat up, coughing softly, putting his hand to his chest as he tried to catch his breath.

“Get up,” she commanded in a harsh tone, and he immediately moved to obey, putting his hands beside himself and pushing upward, his feet slipping a bit beneath him until he rose. “Don’t you have anyone else to any with your presence tonight?”

This made him look away sheepishly.

“Why are you even here? The invitations clearly stated No Bridgers.

“There were invitations?” he asked genuinely, looking up at Nat, trying his best to smile with his crooked teeth but failing to make it look genuine. “Like, the cool paper ones, with names on the front and RSVP tags and stuff? The kind that you have to lick the stamp on and mail?” He laughed sheepishly, putting his hand to the back of his neck, rubbing. “I…uh, didn’t get one. Uhm…sorry.”

He offered her her empty cup, as if that was payback for coming to her bonfire without invitation. “Thanks,” he said. “I…I’m good.” He gave her another quick, disingenuous smile.

He looked back at the table. “Ooh, there’s soda!” he said excitedly. His kiddish demeanor perked out again as he went to grab his own cup. He uncapped a random bottle of soda and twisted open the top, cursing softly beneath his breath as his fumbly hands dropped the bottle cap not he grass. He hugged the bottle to his chest as he bent down to get the bottle cap, and he accidentally spilled it onto his arm— seeing as that was how liquids worked. He cursed again, trying to raise up quickly and only succeeding in spilling more on himself and squeezing the bottle slightly. “There!” he still cried in victory, and he sat the bottle on the table to shake the liquid off of his hands before continuing and ignoring the fact that the front of his shirt was now wet with soda.

He grabbed the bottle again, tipping it up and beginning to fill his cup. The cup scooted with the first few glugs, but it eventually settled, and he squinted, trying his best to fill it to the rim without overfil—

“Shit!” he whispered as the soda spilled over the top, quickly tipping it back to avoid overflowing it anymore.

He quickly grabbed it and began to gulp it down with one hand as his other hand sat the bottle down. He sat it on the edge, and he didn’t notice until the bottle began to fall.

He coughed into his cup, flinging it out from himself as he desperately tried to catch the bottle—

And flinging his drink onto Natalie by accident and not noticing.

But he caught the bottle! By the top, actually.

“Woo!” he whooped in victory, carefully raising it up and setting it on the table. “Whew!” He mimed as if he were wiping sweat from his brow. “That was a close one!”

He looked over at Natalie now, and his eyes widened. “Oh, shit, you’re wet.” He glanced at his cup, bringing it down in front of himself and glancing at the contents. There was only about a quarter of the drink left.

Surpringly, he put two and two together pretty quickly, and he laughed sheepishly. “Uhm, was that me?” he asked, to confirm.
º º code by ditto º º

Lost Boys
Xander

Parties were his thing.

Well, not really. Spray painting dicks on stuff was his thing.

But parties were a really close second.

Especially a bonfire party like woop, Xander was ready to party his little heart out as hard as he could. Or, you know, at least get a couple drinks and then probably wander off to go cause havoc elsewhere because Hurricane Xander could only find so much joy in hanging around inebriated teens and just talking or throwing things at a fire. Boring.

Per usual for the young boy, he had his trusty backpack. In said backpack were his "emergency supplies" aka several cans of spray paint, some cash, and.... (shh) a lockpicking kit. Look, after Xander got caught because he couldn't hop over that fence fast enough, he'd taken to lockpicking his way into his targets if they were you know... surrounded by big fancy gates or whatever. Plus it was just a neat thing to have. Made him look like a total badass.

Just like "oh Xander, what's this?"

"Oh just my...." (right here, imagine him whipping out sunglasses and throwing them on for dramatic effect in this little rendition of how the conversation would definitely go down) "lockpicking kit."

And then, you know, girls and boys alike would throw themselves at him because bad boys were hot.

Xander Harris was a certified bad boy and genius.

Anyway, so he had now rolled up to the party with his backpack of mayhem, a pocket full of cash, and a wide grin on his face. Naturally, his first move was to head for the drinks table (alcohol, woop), but his trajectory towards the tables took him near the woods. And while walking past these woods, Xander happened to walk right past a sad looking girl. He offered her a nod and a smile as he kept going, but then it clicked just how positively rude that was, so he skidded to a halt (actually, he stumbled over a root of another tree -- nature really said "Xander you idiot, don't leave the sad girl all alone!") and turned back around.

"Hey," Xander said as he walked back over, his hands in his pockets and a goofy grin on his face. Upon growing closer to her, he realized that he actually did recognize this girl from The Adventures of Harry Nut (aka Xander and Nut) when Nut took them to the kissing booth where he was all LIP VIRGIN and everyone was like that surprised cat from the Puss in Boots movie who put his paw over his mouth because he was just so freaking shocked by the ordeal.

"Hey, I recognize you," he said, eyes lighting up. "Kissing booth, right? I'm Xander." He held out one of his hands. "Nice to meet you...?" he trailed off, waiting for her to fill in the empty space with her name.
| mentions: Nut | interactions: Henri| tags: Nixiee Nixiee |
º º code by ditto º º

Say You Like Me
Jess

Oh? There was supposed to be some kind of bonfire tonight? Jess had no idea.

.... Okay that was an obvious lie. Of course Jess had heard about the bonfire -- of course Jess knew about the yearly bonfire that her classmates always partook in. Like, she might have been antisocial and didn't go to any parties or big social events, but unfortunately, that didn't mean she lived under a rock.

Plus it was kind of hard to ignore the whole party thing when Mercedes had weakly attempted to get Jess to go. Unfortunately for the younger girl, Jess was rather set in her ways and trying to get her to agree to something that she'd already set as a hard no was next to impossible.

"So Jess," her dad started and by the tone of his voice, she knew exactly what was coming. "Any plans for tonight?"

"Yeah," she answered shortly. Jess just had to come down and get herself something to drink, didn't she? They did this every weekend -- asked her what her plans were, as if her plans would change from studying, binge-watching TV, and maybe playing some video games.

"Are you going out?"

"Well, no," Jess clarified as she filled her glass with water from the tap and then turned to face her dad and leaned against the counter, hands gripping the cup. "I'm uh... I was, well..." she took a sip from the glass while she used her other hand to gesture towards the stairs that led up to her bedroom. "You know, the usual. I've got a huge test on Monday and a project on Wednesday I should really get started on." Both lies, but it wasn't as if her parents kept close tabs on her academics or anything.

Jess brought home report cards lined with A's. What was there for them to worry about?

"Okay," her father's voice was hesitant. "Jess, what about--"

"Look next week maybe I'll hangout with friends or something," Jess cut her dad off before he could finish the thought as she stepped away from the counter and started out of the kitchen. "Promise. I've just got you know, so much this week that tonight's just really not a good night to go out, so..." she let her words trail off as she ran up the steps, taking them two at a time. Jess maintained her fast pace until she got to her bedroom, where she stepped inside and closed the door after her, taking in a deep breath.

Perfect, now she could--

A high-pitched scream left her lungs when all she saw at first was a face peering through her window. But, after the initial shock wore off (and her heart started beating again), Jess realized that it wasn't just a random face. It was Ryan fucking Murphy.

"Jess!" Her dad's voice was muffled from downstairs. "Are you okay?"

She cracked open the door to yell down; "Yeah, I'm fine, just uh... yeah, I'm good."

Believable. Good job. Pat on the back there, Jess.

She closed the door again and placed her water down on the dresser and walked over, unlocking the window and pushing it open. Jess stepped back as Ryan shifted so he was sitting on the ledge of the window. Her arms crossed over her chest, a bemused smile on her face as she watched him and waited for an explanation.

Wow, he already knew her and her hatred of people and socialization so well. And yet he'd still wasted his time in coming by to ask her to go (remember, Mercedes had already attempted and Jess had said no -- agreeing to Ryan would just be making her previous point completely moot and Jess was a stubborn person).

"I don't know, Ryan..." she started, her voice unsure as she spoke. Naturally, Jess wanted to say hell no and go back to her aforementioned plans, but... well, it wasn't like attending that party with Indy where she'd spent a small bit of time with Ryan had been horrible... and she could just stick close to him, and things would... maybe... probably... be... alright...

"I have... a lot to, uhh... to do, school and umm... yeah..." her lame excuse, which had worked so well in convincing her dad that she had better things to do than attend a party, sounded like just that -- lame excuses when she spoke them aloud to Ryan and hearing them again were starting to ebb away at Jess' resolve.

"Alright, you know what," Jess gave up. "I'll go with you for like... a little bit, I guess. I mean it would just be really bitchy for me to say no after you climbed all the way up here with your peg leg," a playful grin spread across her face and she stepped forward, making a shooing motion with her hands. "Give me like five minutes and I'll be out." Jess ordered and waited for Ryan to make his way back onto her drainpipe before she closed and locked her window.

This was the dumbest thing Jess had ever agreed to.

Already, she was having serious regrets and considered just... not going out front. Surely they would maybe wait the five minutes and then just drive off and everything would be fine, but--

God she just... she just needed to head out there before she lost her dash of resolve.

So, Jess grabbed a jacket from her closet and headed out of her room. She pulled it on over her shoulders as she started down the stairs, calling out a quick "I'm going to a party, I'll be home by eleven, bye," to her parents who tried to ask questions but Jess wasn't listening as she pulled on her shoes and headed out the front door.

She slowed down a bit as she started down the front stairs from her house, her hands sliding into her pockets as she looked from Ryan to the two people with him -- Dani liked her (or, like, at least she acted like she did on Twitter), but Jess had to admit that she didn't know who the other guy was. Was that bad?

Jess offered a small smile to Dani and the other guy, giving them both a little awkward wave before sliding her hand back into her pocket as she walked closer to Ryan.

"Is this the motorcycle that tried to kill you like... three times?" She asked. "You're seriously riding it?"
| mentions: N/A | interactions: Ryan, Link, Dani| tags: geminiy geminiy jasmyn jasmyn gh0stwriter gh0stwriter |
º º code by ditto º º

Rx (Medicate)
Drake

TW: Drug use

Meds...

The word echoed through Drake's brain, bouncing around in the empty space within his skull. Chelsea's meds. Meds... so pain meds, and probably pretty fucking good pain meds because they were fucking rich so they probably got good health care and got the fancy shit, right? 'Course, when Drake had broken his arm, he'd been given nothing and had to rely on like... stupid aspirin and ibuprofen or whatever. Anything was fancy compared to that dumb shit.

But Chelsea had also gotten his ass beat pretty good by whoever (Drake had given Mason The Look on the first day back to school when he saw CK, but Mason had immediately snapped at his brother that it had nothing to do with him -- Drake wondered if that disappointed his older brother or not), which clearly meant that he had to have the really, really good shit.

Drake started fidgeting again.

When he'd--

Never mind. Actually. Yeah. No. Never mind. Not important. A random tangent of thought that took Drake spiraling back into his past and mistakes that had...

Yeah...

And then Chelsea asked the strangest of questions.

Drake…what are you doing here? Did you come to smoke like me…?” he asked drearily. “Or did you come to do something fun and come to me out of pity?”

What...?

Out of pity...?

Drake laughed.

"No, no, no, no, no," oh great, he was at that repetition state but instead of his normal repetitions of three, he was at repetitions of five. Even more annoying, but Drake didn't seem to notice. One hand reached up, his shaky finger tapping against the side of his head as he looked down from DC towards the leaves in front of him. His leg started bouncing. His thoughts started tumbling around in his head and he wasn't sure how to speak them aloud.

"I, I, I, I--" okay, maybe he was somewhat aware, as he shook his head and stopped the tapping of his finger against the side of his head by dropping his hand back into his lap where it tapped against his leg. "I-I came here to umm... to uhh... I don't know," he laughed, his words tense as he spoke. "To have a, to have a good time, and I saw... I saw you look through the woods from over there," Drake jutted a finger in the direction he had come from where the party was still going hard, "and I was like 'omg that's DC,' and I know we've never really talked but I've seen you at some of the football games, you know? Where we're both playing and trying not to die because the game kind of sucks and I really don't want to have another concussion because the doctors were joking about putting a helmet on me if I got another one but I'm really not sure if they were joking and I don't wanna be that kid that smokes the weed and does the drugs and also wears a bicycle helmet to school 'cause they're worried about him walking into something and then getting a concussion from I don't know. What if they see the bicycle helmet and everyone starts thinking I'm a cyclist and I do those race-y things and then I get challenged to a bicycle battle -- like a dance battle but this is on bicycles -- 'cept then we all go out for the bicycle battle and then they find out I don't actually know how to ride a bicycle so then I am challenged to a dance battle and then they realize I don't know how to breakdance but I'm like 'bring me a pole' and then I beat them because I've got mad pole skills, right? Except then while I'm on the pole I lick it 'cause, you know, it's a pole and you're supposed to lick poles so then I get my tongue stuck to the pole again and then they start making jokes about me getting my tongue stuck to a pole and then I become known as 'Drake the Pole Licker.'"

What was he talking about?

His eyebrows knitted together, his nose scrunching up in thought as he tried to pull himself back from the random tangent that had overtaken his tongue and his thoughts and now all he could really think about were poles but Drake wasn't particularly fond of poles so this just served to sour the poor boy's mood a bit and--

Oh yeah.

"I came out here to hangout with whoever I thought would be cool and fun to hangout with and I saw you and I thought you'd be cool and fun to hangout with -- I'm not here out of pity." Right, that's what he was doing. Answering DC's question. Drake's pale eyes flicked back from the leaves to look at who he had inwardly declared as his new best friend. "Promise. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye, all that jazz. Why would I be hanging with you out of pity? That just doesn't sound fun for either of us because if it was out of pity, it would mean I didn't really like you so I'd be all 'ugh what a drag' and you'd be able to tell because I've had people hangout with me out of pity, and you can always tell when it's out of pity and then it's just not fun for you and it's not fun for them and it's just a bad time all around."

Drake hadn't missed a single beat in his whole speaking so now, finally, he stopped for a moment to take a breath.
| mentions: N/A | interactions: DC | tags: ditto ditto |
º º code by ditto º º

mood: drugs
outfit: some of the contents of his floor
mentions: ck
interactions: aaron drake
DONNA CAIN CAMUS
1 the disappointment™
(tw: drugs)

“No, no, no, no, no,” said the boy beside him, whose name had slipped away from Donna when he hadn’t been looking. He didn’t care much to try and get it back; it wasn’t like names mattered much, anyway. Even so, it was odd that this boy was one who said— so insistently— that he hadn’t come to talk to him out of pity, to the point that he repeated himself five times.

As the boy beside him rambled, Donna found himself unable to pay attention. What was between his fingers was far more interesting— and said far fewer words. He didn’t need to struggle to keep up with the slow-pouring smoke that relieved all tension in his perpetually-loose body. There was nothing to think about, nothing to worry about, no words to interpret, no meanings to look into, no motives to consider…

He lifted the burning object to his lips again, closing his eyes as he drew smoke into his lungs. The boy beside him rambled about…bicycles, or football, or something…there was the word pole in there, but nothing much that he cared to tune into.

There was a pause, and he glanced over at the rambling boy, holding the joint out for him to take. He assumed that that was what he was wanting with his pause—

Though he resumed speaking almost instantly. The sound around him had already morphed, as if he was hearing things through cotton, spoken into echoing wells, and it was hard to catch or focus on the words to string them into sentences.

"I came out here to hangout with whoever I thought would be cool and fun to hangout with and I saw you and I thought you'd be cool and fun to hangout with— I’m not here out of pity."

That was…nice?

Donna’s brows knit, and he studied his companion’s visage. His lips moved quickly, so quickly that the lack of light made them seem as if they moved only in a blur. His eyes flicked about, as if he were antsy— though he was, more likely, on something that made him that way. The blue of his irises, barely distinguishable in the present lighting, were…well, they were…pleasant, even in the way that they wouldn’t sit still, wouldn’t focus on anything. There was something…intriguing about him—

But Donna thought much the same thing about any boy who didn’t run or laugh at the sight of him, or who didn’t ask him questions about his drug habit, or who didn’t demand to know random things about his brother, or who…

Cared…? Who cared enough to stick around…if that was the right word for it.

That sounded stupid. Really, it was such a small thing, and a small I came here to do drugs with you because I thought you were cool didn’t really show that anyone cared in any particular way, but…

He didn’t know. It was…what…? Nice…?

Nice…or something like that.

“Yeah…,” Donna said when the boy beside him’s lips stopped moving. He realized that he could have been staring, but he didn’t particularly mind. He didn’t have any idea what he had said at the end of his tirade, but he assumed that it was something that he should agree with. “Well…alright.”

He pressed his back further into the bed of leaves, resting his arm beside him and leaning his head further backward. “If you want to stay, I won’t fight you…but I’m not the best company…and I’m not exactly cool or anything…”

He glanced at the glowing end of the joint, then held it out to his…friend again. “I’m just…DC,” he said in his low, unemotional voice, turning his eyes back to the sky. “Camus, but DC nonetheless…”

He breathed out a long sigh, closing his eyes. A cool breeze chilled his nose, but he didn’t make any motion to warm it. "A waste..."

A waste of time...a waste of space...a waste of money, of effort, of hope...a waste of anyone caring, because he wouldn't amount to anything. He would never be anything and could never be anything, and he could never live up to any standards, any...any wishes, any...anything.

He lay entirely still, unthinking, unbreathing, his heart beating slowly in his chest to a rhythm that he couldn't find and didn't care enough to find.

“…but isn’t that what we all are?” he commented slowly. “Wastes...?"

There was no god above looking down on him. There was no angel on his shoulder, and there was no devil on his shoulder, and there was no angel on anyone else's shoulder either.

"Just…lost specks who assign meaning to…milestones, to…superfluous words, to…pieces of paper, to our children, to our…’friends’, and to…life, in general…?”

Life meant nothing.

This moment meant nothing.

If he forgot this and if the other boy forgot this, then what would it matter...?

He opened his eyes slowly, looking up at the leaves of the trees. He paused for a long moment, not saying anything as he studied the shadowy, fuzzy forms of the leave’s edges that reminded him of how badly he needed glasses.

“…thanks,” he said, “I guess…for…coming to hang out with me.”
º º code by ditto º º

Users who are viewing this thread

Back