• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Auburn Springs

Characters
Here
Raven crossed her arms and let out an amused huff at Serenity's words and began walking towards the castle of a school. "Using them already? I can't say I'm surprised, or... disappointed. Make the most out of it." Just because Raven wouldn't jump on the opportunity to gain a few dollars out of Valerie doesn't mean she was going to judge Ren for it. The brunette couldn't help her gaze from traveling to the people near them. The designer backpacks, shoes, diamond studded phone cases, ray band sunglasses, and all with a Porsche to match. She didn't feel out of place, but it wasn't like Raven didn't feel the burning sensation of everyone's eyes on her. Normally she'd be flattered, but in this... atmosphere, she almost felt weirded out. She adjusted her backpack and walked the rest of the way with Ren, glancing over her shoulder to see what she was talking about.

Things like that never sat with Raven well, especially when it was about someone she cared about. "Sly doesn't know when to talk and when to keep his mouth shut." She wasn't close with the boy anymore, they'd look out for each other as kids, but after he had gotten involved in shady stuff, her grandmother had told her to distance herself-- and Raven did. It was the smart thing to do, whatever affiliations Sly had himself involved in, Raven didn't want to be anywhere near it.

The girl made a point to change the subject as they made their way into the auditorium.

"Tell me more about this welcome present. Is he expecting to get anything out of it?"
Raven
INTERACTIONS:: Ren,

MENTIONS: Sly, Ari.

TAGS: erzulie erzulie Winona Winona fin fin
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Was it bad to not want to spend time with your family? Maybe, but was she better off from doing so? Yes. Definitely so. These past few weeks Mer has been on her tip toes around her them-- more so her mother, leaving bright and early before anyone else was awake and continuing her day from there. She didn't want to sit at the table and pretend to enjoy some breakfast when the only thing she wanted was to straight up leave. After a Mer decided to create some distance from her family, just for now until the tension fades. Mercedes raised the stereo volume louder, raising one leg under her as she drove comfortably in the convertible her mother would likely threaten to take away.

Mer could only hide behind her father for so long before his attention was quickly diverted towards Chelsea, giving her mother the exact window she needed to make sure Mer 'behaved.' The argument was something silly, Mercedes had come home and had gotten an interrogation, by now she's almost positive there's some kind of GPS thing installed on her phone, it'll take a while for her to figure it out, but it just wasn't fair. So what if she went to Ambridge a few times? It wasn't like she was seeing Sly anymore. The fact of the matter is, sure, maybe the town is rough. But it's not like crossing the bridge automatically makes you into one of those stereotypical drug addicts.

Image was a very big thing in Auburn Springs.

Mer just didn't understand why.

The brunette had arrived at school and made her way to the auditorium, walking in she had spotted Natalie. "Hey girly." Her and Natalie were... friends. They were opposites in a lot of ways. Natalie was way more vulnerable when they were kids, vulnerable enough to let Mer in and they become friends, and... stayed friends. Mercedes didn't have a lot of friends. She found herself spending time with the same people over and over, with the occasional acquaintance or so. But her group was small. Elena, Nat, and if she was lucky enough to pull him away from Chelsea, Dex. "I heard they're doing some buddy system in order to like... show them around or something."

Mer had taken a seat near the front, glancing around the room before returning her gaze back to Natalie.

No, she wasn't looking for Sly.

"I hope I get that Ryan guy, he's kinda cute."
Mercedes
INTERACTIONS:: Nat,

MENTIONS: Ryan

TAGS:

-------------------DON'T TYPE ANYTHING AFTER THIS-------------------

[/COMMENT]
code by valen t.

Last edited:

OUTFIT: xxx
basics

Mason Winona Winona

mentions

oliver Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
sly fin fin
interactions
Danielle Monroe
dani ~ seventeen ~ senior ~ bisexual ~ ambridge
All it took was one smirk and Sly had reassured Dani that things were fine. That no matter what had been typed out between them just moments before they were always good. It had been this way for as long as she could remember. Even before any intimate feelings were explored they had a bond that was obvious to everyone that knew him. Sure, Dani had plenty of friends that she trusted to have her back but above all of them came Sly. Not that Dani was ever the type to pick and choose between her friends. It was just different.

She leaned back in the passenger seat and thanked him for the compliment, giving him a "you don't look so bad yourself" back as she lit the blunt. The car ride was normal even though there was a slight tension in the air that maybe only she and Sly felt. Oliver had clearly zoned out, probably overwhelming himself with the possibilities that the day held or reading too much into all the Twitter talk between the Bridgers. Either way, Dani wished he could just chill out because in her opinion she was only making this harder for himself.

As they pulled up to the school she looked back to say something to the younger boy but before she could he was already pushing out of the door and disappearing into the crowd. Maybe it was for the best. She couldn't deal with her own bottled-up emotions and his right now. Besides, she and Sly had some time alone before they had to walk into this damn school. Just the thought made her sick. She knew she would have to refrain from settling her problems with fighting because Mason was right, it would do no use to do that daily here too. But were any of them capable of not hitting the first person who fucked with them?

Danielle was pulled from her thoughts when Sly spoke up. An apology that she honestly hadn't been expecting since it was mostly out of character for him. Her own chocolate gaze found him as he continued. "I'm sorry too. I think everyone was just a little on edge. We all mean a lot to each other. We just have to be sure to remember that through this shit," she agreed. Her expression shifted when he said he'd gotten her something. Not that is was unusual for Sly to show her affection with random gestures but it still managed to always catch her off guard.

Opening the glove compartment she pulled out the dainty silver necklace donning the letter 'S' and smiled. "This is beautiful. Of course I love it. It's perfect," she said, slipping the chain around her neck. The 'S' sat perfect against her smooth skin, out there for all to see and she didn't care. It wasn't just symbolic in the fact that it had his first initial on it but because of what he'd said. She was never alone and she knew that. "How does it look?" she questioned with a smirk before leaning across the seat to kiss him. "I've always got your back, Sly. Against the world," she reminded him. She knew it was hard for him to believe sometimes that he anyone was going to look out for him the way he looked out for himself but she was.

"Come on, I saw something about having to meet in the auditorium. They are apparently assigning us all buddies," she said, doing air quotes around the last word. "Ya know because we are toddlers who need to be shown around," she added, her tone full of sarcasm as she rolled her eyes at the thought. She opened the door and slid out of the car making her way around and to his side so they could walk in together. "You thinking about going to that party the superbitch Springs girl is throwing this weekend? I mean, free drinks. Plus, we could sit back and just make fun of them. Unless you have other plans," she asked.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Serenity

OUTFIT: here
INTERACTIONS: raven
MENTIONS:
TAGS:
Soap Soap

“Oh most definitely, I’m gonna buy so much shit. Ya girl is gonna eat great for months, the fridge is about to be stocked and bills paid. Rochelle is slowly starting to get behind and I wouldn’t be surprised if she stops paying all together. I’m not trying to be without lights or running water.” Ren spoke as if it was nothing or if she was talking about something as boring as the weather. The fact that her mother was slowly but surely, leaving her life didn’t phase her or rather she liked to tell herself it didn’t. After all, she couldn’t miss what she never had to begin with.

She slipped her phone into her bra. She wasn’t sure if they were allowed or not but she wasn’t taking any chances. She could afford to have her phone taken away since it was literally how she did her business, as well as acquire the last gossip or secrets. Ren turned her attention to Revan. “Yeah that’s true. One of his many, many, flaws. But whatever, I still think they should have fought it out but that’s my opinion.” Ren shrugged her bare shoulders. “If someone were to talk about my kid like that I’d have their head, no cap.”

Ren couldn’t help but blink at Raven real slow and then scrunch up her nose in disgust. “If it’s anything other than my presence then he’s out of luck. But I doubt it. Despite Dexter being his name he’s...how do I put this nicely? An idiot. And real naive.” Ren shook her head as she remembered the conversation between the two of them. “He’ll probably be satisfied with thinking that we’re friends, which is weird but I’m not complaining ha.” She smirked smugly. It had been far too easy to con the poor boy but again Ren wasn’t complaining. “But anyway, I heard that we’re gonna be paired up. I’d love to be placed with Valerie. It would really make my day.” Ren laughed deviously. “If not then maybe Dexter so I can run his pockets a little more. I wonder how rich he is though, wouldn’t want the funds to dry up quickly.”

code by low fidelity.

Everything happened in such rapid succession that it left Drake with a bit of a headache.

Today, despite being absolute torture for the majority of Bridgers, hadn't been the worst of days for Drake. He'd started it off with a light run at four in the morning when he'd found himself unable to sleep -- successfully pulling the fourth all-nighter this week. The worst part about being unable to sleep was having to wait in his bed until Mason was asleep so he could get up. Because if Mason knew, all hell would break loose.

The morning run had been nice. The cold air against the skin. Just the sounds of his labored breathing and police sirens in the distance. Until he'd heard a dog bark -- followed by another, and another, until a cacophony of barks, yips, and howls were echoing around in his brain and refusing to exit. He'd stopped for a moment, tilting his head to the side and smacking a hand against his ear as if he could knock the sounds out.

Ha. How stupid of him.

He'd taken off back for home -- the feel of dogs chasing him echoing in his brain until he had finally collapsed into the apartment, breathing still labored, and with the feel of teeth on his jaw and his arm and-- it was his imagination, but he still rubbed at his arms.

Drake had smoked a blunt. Taken a shower. Gone to school. And that's where he now was.

And then everything happened in such rapid succession -- from Honey giving Mason the drink, to Milo falling into his lap (and Drake instinctively putting his hands on Milo's hips to keep him from tumbling), to Mason walking away. With his eyebrows furrowed, Drake had checked the chat and that's what it took to knock him down from this manic high. Seeing the word halfbreed.

His head started pounding. A headache brewed at his temples and left him nauseated and wanting to go home. He said stuff but he didn't know what he said. It was written down and sent and then deleted from his memory like some sick joke. That was the shitty part, wasn't it? In a couple hours, if asked what had happened with Mason, Drake would find his eyebrows drawing together, eyes clouding in thought, and all he'd be able to say was it had something to do with Ariana.

He tapped a finger against the side of his head. Milo and him were like sitting ducks now. They needed to get back to the rest of the Bridgers -- to avoid getting roughed up. Milo was in a skirt. Drake had his pink sunglasses. Dani had made it clear that there was every chance they would he bullied and the small boy, barely 5'6" (although he would lie and say he was 5'8"), didn't stand a chance against these Neanderthals.

"Let's go find Ryan." His voice was more hollow than it previously had been and he didn't even know how to muster the strength to bring a little upbeat positivity to his words. Drake waited for Milo to get off his lap and then he stood up, taking the pink sunglasses from his head and sliding them into his backpack. Drake hesitated, remembering Mason's words, and slid his hoodie over his head and handed it to Milo. The action left his hair ruffled but that wasn't abnormal for the typically unkempt boy.

"So you don't get suspended or sent home," he explained, a little lopsided grin crawling onto his face -- reminiscent of his brother's signature smile. Maybe the boys had one thing in common. "I'd hate to spend the whole day without you."

Drake waited for Milo to take the hoodie and then he shouldered his backpack and led the way out of the row and deeper into the auditorium until he caught sight of the group. He sped up, sliding into the row and approaching them. There was Ryan and Henri with Oliver sobbing into her, and Silas.

He dropped his bag to the ground and collapsed into the seat beside Ryan. "Hey, gang," he tried to keep that smile, that generally warm aura, about it but it was starting to slip and fade. His fingers drummed against his right leg and he looked away from the group towards the ground. "Oliver good?"
Drake
INTERACTIONS: Milo, Oliver, Silas, Henri, Murph Man

MENTIONS: Masey Wasey

TAGS: Chimney Swift Chimney Swift geminiy geminiy Zatanna Zatanna LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki Nixiee Nixiee
code by valen t.

Bentley Greer

mood: Distressed

interactions: Drake Winona Winona

What was the purpose of school? Bentley had often thought this same thought in the small hours of the morning as she forced a comb through her hair and slaved along her usual morning routine like an unthinking zombie. She had no purpose, no motive to get up and slug her way through the morning only to end up dead asleep in the middle of an 8 a.m. class. Maybe her purpose for getting up was to make sure her mother wasn’t dead or that her father hadn’t smashed everything to all hell in a fit of rage the night before, and maybe after that it was to see her friends and to distract herself from the monotonous drag that her life seemed to be becoming. School felt like a pointless sidenote, a place merely meant to keep her busy and off the streets. At least, that’s what it had been up until this point. Ambridge High had never been glamorous, or even very clean for that matter, but it had been theirs. Every locker with a stick that only it’s owner knew how to operate had been a familiar comfort and every teacher trying their best to make sure that they had at least a semblance of a future was another piece of familiarity and comfort, at least to Bentley. But now that was all gone because some meat for brains had gone and torched the place. While Ben could understand the motivation, she had felt an itch to commit arson once or twice herself, this was a fun twist that had extremely dire consequences. She imagined whoever had gone and done this hadn’t thought about the damning repercussions of them having to go to Auburn Springs. Auburn Springs with it’s perfectly working lockers and most likely higher paid staff. Auburn Springs with squeaky clean halls and working restrooms that didn’t smell of sex and weed. Auburn Springs with its money and it’s kings that lived in castles on the hill. Across the bridge there was nothing for them but ridicule and suspicion. Bentley had drawn a wary eye from a middle aged soccer mom in a grocery store too many times for her not to think these people thought they were nothing more than criminal scum. But, in a moment of clarity, she couldn’t say that they were entirely wrong. Bentley would be a liar to say she wasn’t a thief and she wasn’t about to be a thief and a liar. But they weren’t all bad and there were some things in this world worse than a little petty thievery. Like tax fraud. Okay, maybe not tax fraud, but what else did rich people commit? Racial discrimination and alcoholism? Bentley had no clue, but she knew that some of them had hearts as black as the leather jacket she was wrapping around her shoulders at this very moment.

“Bentley!” Her mother’s voice was weak, fragile and small. Ben frowned deeply as she shuffled her way into the living room where she had propped her mother up in a chair only an hour before. Iris jumped when Bentley placed a hand on her shoulder to let her know she was there.

“Sorry, what do you need?” Iris reached up behind her and patted around Bentley’s face slowly, a habit that she had picked up just recently. Bentley’s mother was blind, and had been since a few years ago. This was one of the reasons that Bentley tried her hardest to limit her alcohol consumption.

“Your father, where is your father?” Iris questioned, dropping her hands from Bentley’s face in favor of folding them in her lap. Ben sighed quietly and leaned her forehead on the back of her mother’s chair. Iris had asked this question nearly every day for the past month since her father had begun his trysts with Candace from the strip joint. It seemed like Iris didn’t want to believe what Ben had been telling her so she had simply stopped telling her.

“I don’t know, mamá. He’ll be back later, probably.” Bentley hated that man with every fiber of her being and she honestly hoped he decided to stay with Candace forever, or better yet just dropped dead. But that would kill her mother who, despite everything he’d done to them, still loved him somehow. Ben was going to miss the bus. She stood straight and moved to the front door, but not before giving her mother a kiss on the head with a promise of returning later. She had a bus to catch and a bridge to cross into the middle of hell.

She missed the first bus, which was in every way the fault of her taking entirely too long to fix her hair into their normal bouncy curls. But it didn’t matter, maybe they’d expel her and she’d never have to go back to that god forsaken place. The bus was significantly less crowded than the first one probably was, which she was thankful for. The only downside was that the peg leg that lived in the basement of her flat had decided that this was the bus he wanted to take, to wherever he went, and was staring her down. He creeped her the hell out and Bentley found herself crossing her legs and resting her hand carefully over the tip of the knife handle protruding from her boot and glared daggers at the man. He quickly averted his gaze and Bentley felt satisfied with herself. She turned her attention to the scenery passing by just quick enough to catch the transition from cloistered and small broken buildings to a picturesque scene of suburban life that made Ben want to stab herself with her knife instead of the homeless man. Soon the scenery changed to a school lot as they pulled up in front of the dreaded building. Bentley sighed as she made her way out of the bus and watched it pull away, leaving her stranded in the middle of hell suburbia. She knew she had to go to the auditorium but her feet seemed glued to the ground. That was until she spotted a familiar head of pink tinted hair walking next to an equally familiar dark haired boy disappearing into the building. Bentley was moving and she would soon find herself in the middle of the auditorium, eyes searching for anyone familiar once again. Her eyes landed on a pair of hot pink sunglasses and Bentley grinned. In a few quick steps, Bentley was snaking and arm around Drake and leaning her head onto his shoulder as she dropped next to him with a dramatic sigh.

“Hello, gorgeous people.” She frowned lightly at Oliver, who seemed to be having a particularly difficult go of it at the moment. “Well, this day has started off just about as horribly as I thought it would.” She remarked sadly, slumping slightly in her seat.

codebytriples

Natalie, as usual, had arrived at school early. Today had been especially important for her to arrive early -- to prepare for the arrival of the street rats from under the bridge. The signs that directed the new students to the auditorium had to be placed out by someone and Nat had been one of the people to volunteer.

She had finished taping up the last of the signs right as the first bus rolled into their parking lot. Natalie had headed to her locker to drop off her stuff and had just closed the door when Mercedes came up to her. A smile graced the blonde's lips at the sight of her friend. "Hey, Mer," she said as the two started towards the auditorium. Nat rolled her eyes at the mention of the buddy system. "Yeah, I think it's a little ridiculous. Are they too stupid to use maps? And what about classes? Are we just not having school today?"

Natalie followed Mer to the front and took a seat beside her. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked towards Mercedes with a small laugh... until she realized that her friend wasn't joking. "Ryan? You mean the one that said he has a peg leg and thinks Jess is cute?"She shook her head, blinking in disbelief. "Mercedes, please."

She looked away from her friend as more students piled into the auditorium. It was easy to tell the strays apart from the Auburn Springs students. "If I had to pick," Natalie started, "I would want that Dani one. She at least seems somewhat civil compared to the rest of them. Or Raven."
Natalie
INTERACTIONS: Mercedes

MENTIONS: Ryan, Dani, Raven

TAGS: Soap Soap geminiy geminiy
code by valen t.

Dexter Cruz
Auburn Springs

Dexter sat slumped against his bedframe, twiddling his thumbs as he stared directly forward. He wasn't looking at anything in particular, despite his eyes seemingly being trained on the football with a smiley face sharpied on its side that lay on the desk just past his bed. Not that he used that desk very much for working, which was obvious by how cluttered the space was. Sheets of unfinished homework assignments and assorted knickknacks were strewn across the desk, just barely hiding three granola bar wrappers under a pile of textbooks coated in a thin layer of dust.

The groggy boy stretched and yawned, then glanced at his alarm clock. Well, for Dex it was more of a regular clock. He had never used the alarm function on it in his life. Even so, he had managed to wake himself up somewhat on time out of excitement for the day. He was especially looking forward to reuniting with some of his cherished football rivals/friends like Drake, Mason, and Silas. And good ol' Ro is back!

After heaving himself off of his bed, he promptly got dressed and ate 2.5 bowls of cereal for breakfast. If he weren't tone deaf, Dex would have been singing his heart out with pure joy for the day that lay ahead. That wouldn't normally stop him, but he was still in the process of waking up from a nearly sleepless night of anticipating all of the new friends he would make from the arrival of the Bridgers. After contemplating having another bowl of cereal, Dex instead shoved a half-empty box of corn flakes into his backpack for later. He liked the idea of sharing dry cereal in class, but he knew he'd eat it all himself before anyone got the chance to ask for any. But it's the thought that counts.

"El! Come on! We gotta go now!" he called out to his sister, who was somewhere around the house that was not the front door, where she should have been approximately 14 seconds ago, "You can get ready while you drive!" He waited for an answer for just a moment, then dashed out the door to the car and waited outside by the passenger seat. Since his previous line of car accidents, Dex wasn't trusted to be a driver to school, or anywhere, to his great disappointment. It just didn't make sense. Surely they could afford to cover another measly insurance deductible?

Finally, when Elena got to the car, Dex hopped in the passenger seat and commandeered the radio for himself. The sound of him going on about how hyped he was for the school day for what very possibly could have been the millionth time partially drowned out the music. The cacophony of Dex music and Dex ramblings would definitely be a challenge for even the most expert of Dex whisperers (Elena, chiefly) to tune out.

As soon as they arrived at school, Dexter did not hesitate to swing open the car door and nearly knock a girl out by accident. He smiled sweetly at the traumatized student and bolted from the parking lot, counting on Elena to catch up with him. Not that she was obligated to bother pursuing him, but Dex had no doubt in his mind she would be just as excited as he was to get into wherever all of the students were being filtered into, which was the auditorium.

A big, stupid smile plastered onto his face, he threw his entire body onto the first seat he saw. He began to scan the room for familiar faces, but instead got distracted by all of the buzzing in his phone. All of the Twitter notifications reminded Dex that he had plans with one of the new girls after school! The boy fished for his wallet out of his bag, relieved to find it was well-stocked with cash for her payment. This wasn't a bad start at all. Ren seemed like a real down-to-earth girl. See? The Ambridge kids love us!
auditorium
hype
clothes
geminiy geminiy (Elena)
coded by natasha.

None of what Ren said made sense, at least from Dexter's point of view. These people functioned so oddly. Some live and breathed attention, others just wanted a friend, and the fact that someone would be willing to pay Ren for their 'friendship' well, that's just sad. It wasn't a particularly moral thing to do but Raven understood it completely. It wasn't easy trying to provide for herself and her grandmother, which reminded her that she needed to look for another job, something a little closer to school. Nancy didn't stay late on weekends, so that meant Raven had to figure out something.

She knows Nancy would stay if she had asked her to, but... never mind. School was a place where she could escape from her problems for a little while, here's hoping Auburn Springs wasn't as different from her own school... in a meditative sense of course. "I know you'd rather eat the rich, but I'm here if you need help with bills, food, whatever." Was she in a spot where she could offer? Not exactly, but if it needed to be done, Raven would find a way.

She always does.

At the mention of Valerie, Raven instinctively rolled her eyes. "If you're planning on fighting the princess, don't touch the face, please and thank you." To be completely fair, none of Ambridge nor Auburn Springs knew much or each other beyond social media, today was the first time most of them would meet face to face, due to the tension and arguments on social media, it was only a matter of time before a fight would break out. "Maybe everyone here isn't as rich as we think." As if on cue, two teenagers passed the two muttering something about designer clothing and what they'd wear on their likely thirtieth vacation to the Bahamas.

"Whatever happens and however much you get out of him, make sure he doesn't feel like... I don't know, like you owe something to him or whatever. I know you're not into him, but it doesn't really matter if he's idiotic, sweet, handsome, or amazing in bed-- just don't trust him completely. Be careful, we literally know nothing about these people besides their networth." Raven glanced around and picked some seats away from the blonde valley girls, and it wasn't with ease. Valley girls were everywhere.

Just not the one she was interested in seeing.

Raven
INTERACTIONS:: Ren,

MENTIONS: Valerie, Dex,

TAGS: erzulie erzulie hery hery jasmyn jasmyn
code by valen t.

Theodore Virtanen
Ambridge

Theo's eyes opened wide at exactly 5:59 in the morning, with just enough time to spare to turn off his alarm before it went off and upset the sleeping rest of the house. Without any need to lie still or wake up, the boy threw off his blanket and stepped off the futon he was sharing with his younger cousin of ten years. The house was cramped; with Theo, Aunt Ella, Uncle Lucas, and their four children, there was never a room that went unoccupied by someone. Except for the bathroom, but even then it was not uncommon for a line to form outside.

Since being shipped off from Finland only a bit over a year and a half ago as some sort of punishment and/or lesson from his parents, Theo had quickly become the most responsible person in the house. Aunt Ella spent much of her day at the deli and, while Uncle Lucas occasionally helped out in the store, he could most reliably be found parked on his recliner watching some low-quality soap with a beer in one hand and a plate of cheese in the other. Lazy asshole. If Ella had any sense he would be long gone by now, replaced by much more hardworking and capable man.

Theo sauntered off into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for himself and the four little brats he was tasked with caring for with a meager amount of support from their actual parents. He was the only one awake at this point, but he'd rather cook these eggs sooner than later so he could move on to doing something more interesting before school. And if their scrambled eggs and toast were hideously lukewarm to cold? Not Theo's problem this family had no work ethic.

"Could you keep it down!?" Lucas shouted from his and Ella's bedroom, likely criticizing Theo's lack of care to not bang pots and pants around in the sink as he washed the dishes. He didn't give the man a response, too caught up trying to finish his duties as quickly as possible before he'd miss his sweet 20 minutes of reading time. "What am I, fucking Cinderella?" he cursed under his breath.

By the time Theo had finished his morning obligations, the entire house was buzzing with activity. Alexander and Liam, six and seven respectively, were shouting at one another over which channel they could watch before Lucas would finish showering and seize the remote for himself. And his shows were so boring and so inappropriate for small children. Not that Theo would say that, of course. He'd be scrubbing the bathrooms for weeks if he dared to make any such comment.

"Dennis, grab eggs for Sofia before you- DENNIS! Are you listening to me?" Theo snapped his fingers several times to get the ten year-old's attention, gesturing over to the miserably hungry three year-old girl dramatically laying on the floor. "I don't have time for this. I need to go."

Without bothering to check if the little boy had even bothered listening, Theo grabbed his backpack and slipped out the door to leave this mess for Aunt Ella to take care of before she went and opened up the deli. He felt a little bad for the poor overworked woman, but again, poor choice in husbands. The two of them wouldn't have to work so hard if it wasn't for his uncle's general apathy.

He arrived at the bus station just as it arrived, pleased with his excellent timing. He sat toward the front of the bus, sandwiched between two other students. He looked out the window as they crossed into Auburn Springs, forever fascinated with how stark the difference was between the aforementioned town and Ambridge. He was much happier going to a nicer school, so his original high school burning down didn't bother him much. Even if it was supposed to spark more rage within him for the absurdly snobby AS kids, Theo hated both towns just as much as the other. God, I just wanna go home. But all that was left for him in Finland was his unreasonably strict parents, so really it was a matter of deciding the lesser of two evils.

He took in the scenery as the bus stopped outside his new high school. He had to admit, it seemed to have some pretty nice facilities compared to the severely underfunded high school in Ambridge. He kept his head down as he was ushered into the auditorium, seating himself again between two awkwardly distanced people. What's the point in leaving a chair of space between someone if the chair's gonna get filled anyway? The place was packed.

He took out his phone (which was one perk of living with his aunt and uncle instead of his parents) and began scrolling through his texts and emails. Not like there was anything new in there, but it was easier to pretend he was talking to someone than to sit in silence and people watch like some kind of loner. No, Theo could never be a loner. Not a chance.

His faux texting was rudely interrupted by a text from Silas, which Theo didn't even have to read to know what its contents would be. "No, we need to sit put and wait. Just pay attention to assembly and discard your horny for once in your life you fucking piece of filth." Wait. Too harsh. Theo amended his text as a reward for Silas' use of the word 'please.'

"No, not now. Maybe later."
auditorium
waitin 4 satan
clothes
Zatanna Zatanna (Silas)
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Indigo Okinway

mood: Fuck

interactions: Jessica Winona Winona

Silence was as intoxicating as any drug that had ever passed through Indigo’s veins. But, just like any drug, it had its drawbacks. The drug called silence made her anxious, paranoid, every noise that managed to penetrate the barrier of silence that surrounded that empty Okinway house made her lock all the doors up tight. Indigo thought that the worst side effect of silence was the impenetrable and ever present feeling of intense loneliness. This house was so big, far too big for Indigo’s lone presence, you might even say that it was too big for all of them. When they were all here, her family occupied different wings of the house, hardly ever coming together except to eat. They seemed so far away in this far too large house that it seemed to Indigo that they occupied completely different worlds. Her mother lived on Mars, marking papers and turning the heater up to desert temperatures. Dad lived on Jupiter, quiet and secluded reading a book and smoking his lungs away. Neo, her older and much less of a utter disappointment of a brother, lived on the Sun. Neo was the apple of her parents eye, the literal sun that her parents’ planets revolved around. Indigo lived on Pluto, the farthest planet from the sun and the farthest planet from her parents. Hell, Pluto was barely a planet and Indigo might as well be a live in maid as far as her parents were concerned. Sure, they loved her, but love was a currency and they spent most of their wealth on the Sun. So, a lonely little planet sent out to drift, Pluto turned to other means of finding love. Pluto tripped on stardust and drank up all the dead stars that she could find. But everytime she turned her face toward the Sun, Pluto was reminded of just how small she was compared to him and the stardust became her best friend and the dead stars were her lover. Small and alone, forgotten. Once a planet and now just an afterthought in the minds of her parents.

The marbled floors of the stairs were cold against Indigo’s stil bare feet. Her steps echoed off the too tall walls of the empty mansion. The sound of her breathing was her only assurance that she was even still alive. The soft pitter patter of tiny feet against the floor alerted Indigo to the presence of her one and only furry friend. The aptly named Neptune, the closest planet to Pluto, skidded around a corner and slammed into Indigo’s legs. She laughed for the first time that morning and picked up the small Yorkie and pressed him to her face, cooing loudly. The average person laughs about seventeen times per day and since Indigo had learned that statistic she had begun to count every time she laughed. It rarely ever passed five times. An average child laughs nearly three hundred times a day, a feat that Indigo thought even as a child she had never quite achieved. Laughter was a drug that was hard to aquire. Expensive and rare, but the withdrawals were awful. Indigo took a mental note of her laugh and placed Neptune back down. She was dressed, save for her shoes, and ready to leave. Indigo had stopped wearing clothes her mother approved of the second she was allowed to dress herself. Baggy t-shirts, pants far too big for her frame, anything that differentiated her from what her mother wanted her to be. Anything that made her stand apart from the rest of the pin-up dolls at Auburn Springs. They could put those girls in a picture frame and hang them up for everyone to see and no one would know if they were fake or real. Indigo did not want to be a broken doll with paint to fill her cracks. She’d much rather be a piece of broken art than a cheap replica or shoddy fix. There was food in the fridge, but Indigo found herself suddenly not wanting to eat. The fridge closed again and it was only then that she noticed the note pinned to the front.

“Hi, honey, we’re off to Barcelona for business. Neo is with us. 2 weeks tops. Go to school. We took all the alcohol so don’t even think about it. - Love Mother P.S. If we come back and you’re not here again, we will send you to that boarding school. DO NOT TEST ME, INDIGO.”

No wonder the house was so quiet. Indigo sighed and tore the note off the fridge and ripped it into tiny pieces before tossing it in the trash. Go to school, Indigo. Be something, Indigo. Art isn’t a real career, Indigo. Be practical, Indigo. Be more like your brother, Indigo. Indigo ran her hands down her face and screamed as loud as she possibly could, startling Neptune who had followed her into the kitchen and causing their maid, Penny, to come running into the room.

“Miss Okinway? Are you okay?” Penny asked with concern lacing her older features. Indigo grinned at her sheepishly and simply nodded. Penny was Uranus, the second closest planet to Pluto. She had been here since Indigo was little and had been more of a mother to her than her actual mother ever had.

“Yes, I’m fine sorry.” Indigo gestured to Neptune, “Please make sure he has food. I have to go to school.” Penny stepped forward and wrapped Indigo’s thin frame in a hug. Indigo stiffened, if only for a moment, until Penny let her go. Even if Penny seemed to be the only one who cared, Indigo had never been a very affectionate person and that wasn’t changing any time soon.

“Have a good day, dear.” Impossibility. Funny.

The auditorium was filled with a few people by the time Indigo entered. She didn’t know why she had even bothered to show up, whoever ended up stuck with her wasn’t going to know anything about this damn place. Poor soul. There were some faces she recognized, and some she didn’t, and some that were obviously from Ambridge. Indigo didn’t have a particular problem with them being here, her father was from Ambridge and they’d never had a particular disdain. If anything, she thought the people here could use a little heathen in their lives. But, in her search for somewhere to sit, it wasn’t them who caught her eye.

“Freshman year.” Indigo slid almost silently into the seat next to the brunette, “My dad is a freak about books, made me read it. I would’ve rejected Darcy everytime. Shame.” She leaned back in her seat and kicked her boots up on the back of the seat in front of her.

“Close to the exits. Smart.”

codebytriples

For the next few moments, the world swept by Oliver in a blur. The snickers and whispers of strangers who were seated around the small group of Bridgers muddled together with the comforting of his friends. The embrace was a little overwhelming, but at the moment it was all he could feel. He felt as though without it he would crumble away entirely. Even the tears still spilling down his face had become an indiscernible sensory experience. He wasn't sure at this moment if that was helping his situation or not. To be frank, he would rather be having school in the burned down lot of Ambridge High right now. He would rather be anywhere-- well, maybe not home with his mother and sisters. That, though, was the only thing he could imagine to be worse, and usually the boy had a pretty wild imagination. Now he had suddenly developed tunnel vision that forced his senses into hyperfocus. Steadily, other sensations began to kick in: Silas ruffling his hair, Henri’s concerned pats, familiar voices. Not just inaudible jabbering and sound anymore, but his friends. He wasn’t alone.

Drake was here. Ryan and Silas were here. Even Bentley's voice broke through the hazy noise of the room. All of a sudden, Oliver became excruciatingly aware of his situation.

He heard his name, his own name, in Drake’s distinctive voice: “Oliver good?” The simple sentence was enough for the small one of the group to lift his face from Henri, furtively wiping off his eyes, turning around to shake his head no. It would probably be a while before he managed to form words again. He tended to lose his words easily. Besides, his normally-close-friend was not someone he was sure he should be speaking directly to after the Twitter catastrophe.

He had stopped crying and started to cough on the tears still caught in the back of his throat, pulling away from Henri to finish drying his eyes on the back of his right hand. His fit of sobbing had ended, thankfully, almost as quickly as it had begun. His head throbbed with pain, almost as bad as his broken hand, but most of all he just felt drained. The teen, who was normally as neat and tidy as he could afford to make himself, was a mess: all pale and tear-stained, dark shadows under his eyes, tousled hair, wrinkled clothes that had obviously been slept in the night before. It was painfully clear, from his lack of a backpack to his bloodshot brown eyes, that he was utterly unprepared for the day. How could he be? He'd gone from being pestered by his peers on the web, to being brutally attacked by his own family, escaping his home in the dead of night, getting a few hours of sleep and then immediately landing himself in trouble again. Top it all off with bursting into tears on his first day at a new school; Poor kid couldn't catch a break.

With a trembling smile, he awkwardly waved hello, realizing he had forgotten to in his little attack, and reached out his unhurt hand for the muesli bar that Henri offered to him (which he was incredibly grateful for, having not had any breakfast to speak of.) He dropped into the seat Henri had saved, struggling to open the bar single-handedly. Oliver was luckily ambidextrous, but had always favored his left hand for most tasks. With most of his left hand decimated by fractures and deep bruises, he had to make do. He said not a thing, silent save for a quiet sniffle every now and again and the nearly inaudible sound of him fluttering his hand back and forth just to watch the motion.

Oliver
INTERACTIONS:: Drake, Henri

MENTIONS: Silas, Bentley, Ryan

TAGS: Winona Winona Nixiee Nixiee
code by valen t.

Ryan Murphy

“I’m not your dearest anything, asshole.”

Typically, such a harsh phrase would make one recoil in fear, grimace in disgust, turn red with anger. Instead, Ryan’s face only lit up into a wider grin.

From an outside perspective, the situation would have looked weird. Why was this overgrown child with a bruised up face and messy hair draped over the back of a chair facing a girl who looked as if she could not give less of a shit that he was there? Was he desperate? Delusional? No, he was just Ryan and she was just Henri. That’s always how things were with them: quiet, typically with Ryan bothering Henri and Henri pretending not to like it.

Face dropping at the mention of Henri not wanting to get out of bed, Ryan slumped even further forwards in the chair so that his body was pressing fully against the back, looking up to Henri through his eyelashes. His face spoke dramatic volumes in an attempt to cheer up his moody friend, eyebrows raising and lowering with each new sentence.

“Well, here’s the thing dearie,” Ryan spoke, using the nickname as a method to grab her attention. “While this school may seem like a steaming pile of dog shit at the bottom of the most sparkling porcelain pot in the world and falling in front of a bunch of richies is total garbage, I’m here now.”

Ryan paused for dramatic effect, waiting to see if she’d bite. A playful smirk tugged at the corner of his lips as he continued to speak.

“That’s it. I’m not particularly good nor am I particularly bad. More like the most neutral thorn in your side here to make that pile of dog shit slightly less steamy and your day slightly more entertaining. That’s the Murph Man Motto.” Ryan rambled, slowly sitting up in the chair. “And hey, look on the bright side! At least if you faceplant again, I’ll be here to look like an even bigger idiot, no one will even notice! I know, you’re soooo grateful but you’re gonna have to contain it, alright?”

Within moments of Henri finally looking up to meet his gaze, her fingers were gripping the sides of his face. Head twisting this way and that, cheeks pressed together with his lips puckering up like a fish, Ryan’s face moved to complete neutrality.

“I fhell.” Ryan managed, voice muffled and words mashed by his compressed cheeks. “Well, I was actually launched. Now can you let go of my cheeks, Nana? I swear I’ll be a good boy, I won’t steal another cookie from the jar.”

Luckily, before Ryan could really get into the full swing of the Grandma jokes, a blur of human smacked right into Henri’s torso, knocking her backwards in her chair. His cheeks ached from the sudden, pulling release. He reached his hands up to jiggle his cheeks to reduce the pain as he focused on the child that, surprisingly, had begun crying into Henri.

Oliver Dreyfuss, sophomore, unspoken little brother to the gang of Ambridge kids. When had they met? No fucking clue, but Ryan felt like it had been forever. Growing up in such a small and difficult place, it was easy for all the kids to band together. Ryan found himself naturally protective over the younger boy as many of the others had throughout the passage of time, always wanting to do everything in his power to make sure he was safe and happy.

“Hey little man.” Ryan greeted, not even bothering to address the whole crying situation. Ryan never was one that was super comforting, instead opting to become the comedic relief in every sticky or emotional situation. “You should try out for the football team with a tackle like that, our dearest Henri here almost got knocked right out of her chair.”

Henri’s face pleaded for help but Ryan simply returned to his slumped position. Their crew of three only grew with Ashley approaching with Drake and Bently following shortly behind. The new arrivals took seats around them, the conversation falling to a lull.

“Well, look what the cat dragged in.” Ryan greeted, groaning as he pulled himself into a seated position once again. “Henri and I were starting to think you lot weren’t gonna show. My little heart would have been shattered into a million tiny little pieces. You ready for the buddy system thing? I hope we get lil nametags, I’m gonna stick mine to my forehead.”

auditorium (what fucking fancy ass place has an auditorium?!?!)

mood

'this place feels too rich for me'

outfit

with that matching black eye ; )

tags

henri Nixiee Nixiee
coded by natasha.

i came, i saw

Roman watched Chelsea with critical gray eyes. Without even speaking, he could tell he'd missed a lot. That fact burned at his heart, and while a feeling of resentment swept over him, he forced a white smile over at Chelsea. His friend was much bigger now, and seemed so much more... away from everyone else. Hell, he'd found the guy sitting in the middle of the auditorium with no one around him. When Dexter was busy fucking around, and pulling tricks, Roman had always been the second brain to their operation. While they weren't soap opera-level emotional, he always felt his past self and Chelsea were on the same wavelength. He'd left his friend hanging, and he couldn't help but feel guilty because of it.

The chuckle Chelsea gave was one that allowed him to sit just a little better with himself though. Roman relaxed into his seat and smiled at just how everybody had got on while he was away. Little old Mer with a mysterious boyfriend? Smart-ass Donna still on the nicotine? He was surprised, but couldn't help but grin at finding out how they were. He let out a laugh each time Chelsea had though, it was amazing seeing one of his brothers smile after so long.

Roman bit the inside of his cheek following a short glance at his phone. His message sent to Eden still remained on delivered, and with every passing second his thoughts circled back to what her response may be. Catching up on Chelsea had to be distraction enough for now though, even if he kept glancing towards the auditorium doors.

Dexter was still as energetic, and evidently from today, late as usual. Twitter was another means that managed to sever ties between the two factions now attending Auburn Springs. Roman found that out that morning following a conversation with a particularly charming Ambridge student. Ren, was it? Maybe if she didn't skip like he was sure others might, he'd be able to give her a warm Auburn Springs welcome. Get a little closer to proving to himself that he'd really changed.

Roman just stared at Chelsea following his reaction to his Ambridge comment. He didn't expect any part of his plan to be easy-- convincing Chels' to take it easy on them. But just there and then, his expression turned sour. How the fuck was Chelsea going to talk to them like that? They were people too. Innocent people, who were getting fucked over a lot more by Auburn Springs residents, than vice versa. Systems, and rules were built to trap then in that hell hole. And with the funds the Auburn Springs kids had, all they could do was resent them? Oh, if he could just bring his fingers forwards and gauge out the chocolate brown eyes of Chelsea Freud. To see him suffer just like those kids probably did every day of their lives. The blood lust was slowly swallowing Roman as his eyes stayed glued to Chelsea's.

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep-- Was all Roman thought of as Chelsea spoke. He had to calm down, he'd already promised himself not to fall into a rage again. Thankfully, a warm vibration formed by his pockets. Eden.

"That's actually her." Roman answered in a soft tone. His gaze lingered on the contents of her message as he imagined Eden saying them to him. He read them several times over, and could hear his heart beating out of his chest as he did. He was so damn nervous, but equally excited to see Eden. Her text had already calmed him down seconds ago, what sort of charm couldn't she put on him in person?

With another glance towards the entrance, this time-- this time Roman's eyes landed on the most magnificent sight in his whole wide world. Maybe he was only dreaming of the golden light bouncing off of her skin, but there was a certain aura about Eden Martinez, that was true. Every time he'd been with her, while limited, was a movie to Roman. Now they had forever to be together and Roman couldn't do it. His legs went numb, heart in a frenzy, and head darted back to Chelsea.

"She's so beautiful... I don't want to mess things up. You know how long it's been." Roman spoke quickly to Chelsea. "Did she see me? And don't make fun of me right now, I think I'm having a heart attack. It's suddenly getting hard to breath., Chelsea. Help."

mood; nervous. | location; auditorium. | tags; eden LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki , chelsea ditto ditto
i conquered.

code by low fidelity.

L
Home→School
M
Exhausted
O
Matt
Hew
Dadd
Ario

Lance Donovan
Lance knew even before he woke up this morning, his mind knew it was going to be a shitty day. He knew because he didn’t sleep. He knew this because since 3am, when he had finally managed to get into a comfortable position, when his body was relaxed enough that it might be able to sleep, his mind betrayed him in the sense that the only thing that seemed to be consistent in his mind was how his stomping grounds was finished. It was burned to the ground and the place he had envisioned himself being for his final year was less than done for and more than rubble. It was the fact that nobody knew who did it, or if they did, someone’s deep pockets were keeping the police from going after them.

“They’re a joke.”

As he lay in his bed, mind gone astray and his alarm went off, Lance groaned furiously. He hit his alarm off his desk with a wild swing of his massive forearm. There was enough force behind the swing to send it flying into his wall and the noise it created made him curse under an annoyed breath. The clock had busted into pieces and there was a dent in his wall.

With another grunt, he pulled himself out of bed. He was mentally exhausted and he didn’t get sufficient rest, which he was physically exhausted, but Ivanka didn’t raise a quitter. In the following thirty minutes, he showered, got dressed, and grabbed some breakfast from a corner mart down the street from his rundown house.

As Lance picked a seat in the back of the bus, he quickly thought about how his new school might compare to Ambridge High. Immediately, he couldn’t not think about Auburn Springs without having a gag reaction about his ex. She was from Auburn Springs. She still went to that high school last he checked and the odds of running into her made him angrier than he already was. But the more he thought about it, that’s when he remembered someone else who was at Auburn Springs.

“Jade,” he quietly said, a smirk forming on his face when hers appeared in his mind. “It’s been four months since she’s been around.” Lance recalled when it was she left. Something about how her mother married someone or whatever it was. Lance couldn’t remember exactly, but what he did know was how this would be the first time seeing her in a long time.

And that was enough to satisfy him until the bus came to a stop in front of the high school.

Lance glanced out the window, lowering his shades as allowed his blue eyes to glance at the entrance. It was as boring as he remembered. Mundane and overpriced in its appearance, Lance wasn’t exactly a fan of how unoriginal the landscape was. Had it not been for the bus driver yelling for him to get off, he might’ve just lingered in his seat some more.

He flipped off the bus driver as he got up, grabbing his bag and placing it over his shoulder, Lance stepped off the bus, scanning the area. He was intentionally looking for his crew. The only ones who might make this first unforgiving day not totally suck.

And think of the devil, they shall appear ...by a car that Lance knew didn’t belong to either of them.

He let out a chuckle as he approached both Dani and Sly. “Ah there’s two of my favorite people.” He gave Dani a teasing pat on the head and nodded his head all cool-like at Sly. “Didn’t know you had this nice of a ride, Sly.”

mentions: jasmyn jasmyn fin fin

© pasta

if i get high enough

Milo wasn't sure if Mason leaving almost as soon as he'd gotten there had something to do with him or not, but he decided that it didn't. He and Mason were on pretty good terms, at least in Milo's point of view. But ten again, Milo even thought he was friends with Silas. Still, Milo was about to turn towards Drake and ask him what had happened, but the other boy was on his phone, so Milo didn't interrupt. Instead, he sat contentedly in Drake's lap until he was told to get up. When Drake spoke, Milo picked up on the different tone of his voice, but decided not to say anything at that moment. He made a mental note to watch Drake for the rest of the day and see if he could figure out what was wrong first. Then, if Drake seemed genuinely upset, Milo would ask him about it. He felt proud of his plan as he hopped off of Drake's lap, and turned to follow him to find Ryan, but Drake was still standing there.

Milo just stared at him for a bit until Drake handed him his hoodie, and then Milo smiled and slipped it on. Even though Drake was fairly small already, Milo was tiny, so the hoodie was pretty big on him and made his skirt look even shorter than it was. Nonetheless, he was very appreciative of the gesture, and Drake's kind words. "Thanks," he said softly, wrapping his arms around himself and holding the hoodie tighter against him. He followed Drake over to the rest of their friend group - or 'gang', as Drake referred to them as - and sat in the seat next to him, rather than in his lap this time. Milo looked past Drake and Ryan at Oliver, who was just starting to recover from... whatever had happened. Even though Drake had already asked Oliver if he was okay, Milo for some reason thought he would be a comforting presence, so he leaned across Drake, practically in his lap again, to get closer to Oliver. "Dude, are you okay, man? You need a hug?"
milo
MOOD: yoooooo?

OUTFIT: king

INTERACTIONS: Winona Winona Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
code by valen t.

He was enjoying his smoke break in peace and quiet, eyes still closed, when he heard a voice. A voice that even without looking, Mason recognized -- the kind of voice that cut right to the bone and only worked to sour Mason's mood even more. Katee Fucking Nuttree. Or whatever the fuck his name was.

Mason had to do his best to stay calm right now -- otherwise, he ran the risk of being suspended on his very first day at Auburn Springs. And even worse would be facing suspension for beating up fucking Nut. Plus, it wasn't like the kid was really that bad. A little annoying, kind of an idiot, but he almost reminded Mason of a young him -- not that he'd ever admit it. But looking at Nut was like looking into a fucking mirror. One that made him fucking thankful for Adriane's influence.

There it was. Part of the reason for his tenseness this early in the morning. Fucking Adriane. Because of her, he was actually somewhat familiar with the perfect halls of Auburn Springs High. How many times had she dragged him through those very halls because she needed something from her locker, or dragged him to the gym for the dances?

Yeah, that's why he was fucking tense. He hadn't talked to her in a year and yet, she still had some kind of fucking hold on him.

"Shut up, Nut." He snapped. Mason took one last drag on the cigarette before he let it fall from his fingers and ground it into the asphalt with his foot. "It's only not allowed if you get caught, and I'm not getting caught, right?"

He walked towards Katee and placed a heavy hand on his shoulder -- the same shoulder that held the burn mark from Silas' cigarette, although Mason hadn't noticed it. Which was probably for the best.

"You're not going to tell anyone, right, buddy?" Mason asked, his voice icy and cold as he spoke. "Because if you did, you do know I'd have to do something about that. Maybe break that jaw of yours so you'd never be able to snitch again."

Would Mason really hurt Katee? No. Did Katee know that? Absolutely not.
Mason
INTERACTIONS: Katee

MENTIONS: None

TAGS: ditto ditto
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xoxo
basics

angeline ditto ditto
honey Zatanna Zatanna
eden LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki

interactions

rome fin fin
ck ditto ditto
ryan geminiy geminiy
raven Soap Soap
mentions
Valerie Flores
val ~ seventeen ~ senior ~ bi ~ auburn springs
"You're already late for school, V. You need to get going," Valerie's father had been hounding her all morning to hurry up and get ready and honestly, she was running out of excuses for why it was taking so long. So, she finally got up and looked in the mirror hanging on her wall to be sure she looked just perfect as she made her way out of her room. "I don't see why we have to do this. Couldn't they have gone...anywhere else," she whined, picking a strawberry from the plate of fresh fruit on the dining room table. "I know, Mija. But I already tried calling the school and there is nothing I can do. You're a Flores, though. You can handle this, right?" her father replied, planting a kiss on her forehead and handing her the keys to her car.

"Of course, Daddy. I'll see you after school," Valerie replied, plucking the keys from his hand and strutting out the door in the direction of her white Range Rover. It had been present for her sixteenth birthday which she'd been asking for since she was like twelve. Climbing into the seat, she sent Angeline and Honey a response to their group chat telling she was running fashionably late before driving off. It didn't take too long to get to the school but once she arrived she scrunched up her nose at the sight of Ambridgers scurrying everywhere. My god. They really were like roaches infesting her school. Val only recognized a few from their little Twitter fueds but most were a blur as she pushed past them and towards the auditorium.

It took a while but she finally spotted her friends and waltz right up, plopping down in the seat that practically had her name on it beside Angeline. "Morning, bitches. What are we talking about?" she asked, her eyes looking over each of them carefully as she subconsciously examined their outfits. "It's bad enough they are here but now we are the ones responsible for showing them around? Would it not have been easier to send them to jail for arson? I'm sure most of them know that place like the backs of their hands," she rolled her eyes. "Oh, Rome? I think I spotted him talking to CK but there were too many people so I couldn't get over to him. I'm so glad he's back. I know you are too Eden," Val's words came out without a hint of bitch in them and a smile to match.

Okay, so Valerie Flores was known for being a bitch and she might've been even to her friends but for the most part, they were the only ones she had a somewhat soft spot for. Each for their own reasons of course. Angeline was her best friend since they were just kids. Honey was...well, Honey. And little Eden was Rome's girlfriend and she and Rome were too close for her to not get along with the girl. "I seriously better not get paired with that Murphy stray or I'm going to lose it. He's disgusting," she just shuddered at the mere thought of it. The whole thing was ridiculous but maybe she'd see that Raven girl. Not that she'd admit it out loud for reputation's sake but she kinda liked her. Maybe even wanted to know more about the girl. Shit. What was wrong with her?
code by valen t.

Last edited:

There wasn't anything wrong Ryan, he just had something about him that made him kinda cute. "I'm not saying I want to jump his bones or something, I just think he's cute in like... a dorky way. I've never been with a dorky guy." Not that she wanted to date Ryan or anything, or that she's been with tons of guys-- Mer had only had one boyfriend, which is definitely as sad as that sounds. Her last relationship was... fun. It was almost as if someone actually cared-- Mer became quiet for the next few seconds, picking at the paint on her nails before she tuned back into the conversation with Natalie.

"Huh? Oh, I don't know. That Raven chick seems scary, too forward I guess. But Dani's cool I guess, I like her hair." It was as if a lightbulb appeared above her head and the brunette clapped her hands. "Let's dye our hair together!" She exclaimed, gaining a glare from the freshman beside her. It seemed like a fun idea, her mother would probably go berserk but they were only young once, so why not?

It wasn't a good idea, she knew that-- and Natalie probably did too. But that didn't mean Mercedes didn't want a little excitement, enjoy herself maybe just for a little while. "It'll be fun! We can go buy box dye instead of the salon like everyone else does."

Mercedes
INTERACTIONS:: Nat,

MENTIONS: Ryan, Dani,

TAGS: Winona Winona jasmyn jasmyn
code by valen t.

sly old fish

Sly could feel his teeth grinding down against one another as Danielle opened the glove compartment. His grip on the steering wheel tightened even though they weren't in motion, and yet again, he'd found himself trying to look away form Dani. While he'd never admit it, he was somewhat nervous when it came to the gift. He hadn't been too creative with it, but it was the thought that counted or whatever jazz they were always fed. Sly just hoped she liked it.

He let himself smile wide when she'd called it perfect, and chuckled sheepishly where he sat. "It looks amazing on you." Sly answered to Dani, eyes glued down at where the necklace sat. While the promise to Dani was that she'd never be alone, Sly knew what that necklace was a reminder of to him. He wouldn't let anything bad happen to Dani in this foreign place. Sly would make sure of it. The kiss was an icing on the cake for Sly, and something he wished could've lasted longer but Dani was right, they were likely late already.

For a moment, a thought crossed Sly's mind-- an urge to say the three words just to complete the moment they'd had. Sly was never the type to say "I love you," and while he'd agreed with Dani every time she'd mentioned it, he never found the strength to bring it up on his own. He did love her, and often saw himself as alone in the world. But now he was finally sure how serious things between himself and Dani were, he'd work up the strength to tell her soon, he decided.

"Party? Of course I'm going." He stated, and shut the door behind him. The lights of his ride blinked twice, indicating that he'd locked it. At first, Sly was pissed at the foreign voice nearing him. He'd assumed it was a welcoming Auburn Springs student, and turned his sights with a glare. Surprisingly enough it was just Lance, and so his eyes softened, lips lit up into a smirk. "Favorite people? Even I'm not my own favorite person, Lance." Sly tilted his head slightly in mock confusion before letting out a short chuckle. His favorite person was Dani, obviously.

"Pfft, I didn't know either until a few weeks ago. Spotted her parked outside a Springs grocery store and I had to take her home." Though he was laughing, Sly's eyes bounced around the lot in a once over, just to make sure there was no unwanted guests listening in on their conversation. "We should head inside. I know there's no smelling garbage cans to usher us in but I'm not a fan of 'em sneaking glances at us every second." He sighed after the suggestion. "Yeah I'm talking about you, asshole, now get on with it!" Sly barked at a curly-haired blond kid, and shoo'ed with one hand.

He chuckled over at their little group when the boy had scurried off, before throwing an arm over Dani's shoulder and heading to the auditorium along Lance.

It was much bigger than he'd expected, with yellowish, natural light shining in from the grand windows on the wall. It'd taken a moment for his eyes to get used to that one. "Hmph." Sly mumbled from his seat in the middle of Lance and Dani. Naturally, they'd selected seats further back and away from the preppy crowd closer to the front of the auditorium. Sly was very noticeably withdrawn from the whole idea, a much calmer way of dealing with his emotions than how snappy he'd been that morning. He let out a short yawn as he rubbed away at his bruised knuckles.

"You guys as excited for this whole thing as I am?" He asked, his voiced laced with sarcasm and passive aggression.

mood; annoyed, anxious. | location; auditorium. | tags; dani jasmyn jasmyn , lance natsukashii natsukashii
too cunning for the hook.

code by low fidelity.

Principal Bradford had worked at Auburn Springs for the last couple years. Having grown up in this very city, she had shared the same hatred for the Ambridge students that her caring students did. The moment that she received the news that Ambridge had burned down, she had laughed -- until the county's schoolboard informed her that the now displaced students would be placed in her pristine halls. No amount of arguing on her part could convince the board otherwise.

Since that fateful decision, Bradford had spent long hours every day alongside the rest of the Auburn Springs staff to ready their school for the arrival of new students. Auburn Springs was spacious but it wasn't that spacious. With the student body more than doubling in size (the Bridgers produced like rabbits and they easily had at least one hundred students more than the prestigious Auburn Springs), she wasn't looking forward to the overly crowded hallways.

It was time. The majority of students had piled into the auditorium and although there were a few stragglers, Bradford had the microphone hooked up to the school's speaker system. It didn't matter where the students might be throughout the campus -- they would be able to hear her voice loud and clear, announcing the different groups

"Hello, students," she said, the microphone's speaker whining for a moment before the sound leveled out and her voice bounced off the auditorium's walls. "I am Principal Bradford and I would like to give all of you a warm welcome to Auburn Springs." Bradford forced a smile onto her face. "I won't bore you with any boring talk. For the first day, we will be setting Ambridge students up with Auburn Springs students so that you all can get a tour of the school and maybe even make a new friend." She hoped, anyway. The staff of both schools had actually put some time into some of these pairs and tried to set up students that they thought would get along.

Bradford did not want fights on the first day.

"I will be announcing the pairings. When you hear your name called, you may exit the auditorium. We have nametags outside that you may get and then please find your partner and you may start the tour."

She held the paper up so that she could speak clearly into the microphone.

"Roman Ali with Serenity Jones, Natalie Brannigan with Danielle Monroe, Donna Camus with Theodore Virtanen, Mercedes Camus with Bentley Creer, Dexter Cruz with Drake Martin and Milo Monte, Valerie Flores with Raven Rivera, Chelsea Freud with Mason Rivera, Franklin Gomez with Coda Adams, Faith Gomez with Ashley Park, Honey Grandis with Sylvester Cosgrove, Jessica Jake with Ryan Murphy, Jackson Jake with Adam Harris, Jade Jennings with Lance Donovan, Angeline Jumper with Oliver Dreyfuss, Indigo Okinway with Silas Montrel, Eden Martinez with Henrietta Thomas, Jake Stilwell with Camille Lynwood, Garrett Timoa with Katee Nausbaum, and finally, Elena Torres with Amara Young."

As she finished listing everyone off, Principal Bradford looked out towards the crowd with a smile on her face as she watched the students stumble around to try and locate their buddies.
Bradford
INTERACTIONS: Everyone

MENTIONS: None

TAGS:
code by valen t.

Angeline Jumper with Oliver Dreyfuss.

Oh, no. Oh, no no no no no no--
Those two names sent Oliver tumbling through and time while still frozen in his seat. This was it; he had finally reached the lowest circle of Hell. Was this his punishment for accidentally pissing off Mason? Was this for being the unwanted fool son of unwilling parents and bloodthirsty sisters? Why him? Why him?

From this slow-motion, warped sort of perception of reality, he heard himself make a weak gagging sound and saw himself, as if from outside of his own body, slump back into his seat as though he were about to faint. Angeline, arguably an even fiercer troll than the Princess Valerie herself, was the final icing on the cake of this nightmare he’d been living since yesterday evening. The fucking frosting rose.

He had to spend the rest of the school day being called names, paraded around the halls like he was to be publicly executed outside the school afterwards. As far as he was concerned, he was watching his life fall to ruins from somewhere stuck outside his own head. He almost threw up trying not to cry again.

He was afraid to ask how this day could get any worse. He made the incredibly poor decision to check his phone….

By the time he was out of his dissociation, some people were already exiting the rows to find their pairs. This all brought him into such a shock that he ran full tilt out of the cramped auditorium, pushing through the crowd in a vain attempt not to touch anyone. He roughly pushed past whoever tried to stop him for his name tag and sprinted in a blind panic for the parking lot.

Oliver
INTERACTIONS::

MENTIONS: Angeline

TAGS:

code by valen t.

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst thing in the world, at least to Jess, had to be when people interrupted you in the middle of a book. Seriously. People wore headphones to avoid talking to others, so why couldn't books have the same kind of effect?

She wasn't sure what she expected from the other girl. Maybe Indigo would just sit quietly and not say anything and they could exist in awkward silent bliss? But no, Jess was never that lucky. She tensed up, her fingers clenching the book tighter when Indigo spoke, but her words weren't what Jess was expecting. So she looked over at the other girl, blinking for a moment while Indigo's words registered, and then a small smile broke out on Jess' face.

"Same," she said. "Darcy is a prick." Jess looked back at her book again. She should continue the conversation, right? "It's kind of a stupid lesson, you know? 'Just keep asking and eventually she'll say yes.' None of Jane Austen's books are that good." Which probably sounded ridiculous seeing as how she was holding the book in her hands while claiming she wasn't a fan. "I didn't have time to go to the library, and... this was there. That's why I'm reading it again."

Slowly, Jess slid the bookmark from the back of her book and placed it back to mark her spot again and closed the book. Was she really going to try and carry on a conversation with Indigo? You better believe it. Emphasis on try because Jess usually ended up horribly failing these kinds of situations. The whole conversation thing.

Jess glanced towards the door of the auditorium as the last of the students started to spill their way in. "Easier to get out," she stated. "Like if there's a fire--" she caught herself. "Or you know, getting out first so you don't get stuck in the crowd." She hated that -- the feeling of people brushing against her. It made her skin crawl.

Her fingers tapped against the book but thankfully, Principal Bradford started to speak and Jess had something to focus on other than trying to keep this conversation afloat. It wouldn't be long before she would stop knowing what to say. Jess was not good at conversation.

Her eyes trailed away from the principal to look at the empty seat in front of her. Jess was still listening, but she found it difficult to stay focused on people's faces. It was just easier to focus on other things and look away. Her fingers kept tapping at the book until she heard her name called alongside...

Ryan Murphy.

The weird one? As in, the one that claimed to have a peg leg and had called her pretty and asked her to hangout?

She really did have the worst of luck.

"Do you think they'll let us trade partners?" She remarked aloud as she pulled her backpack up from the floor and unzipped it to slip her book in. Jess knew that she was supposed to leave now -- her name had been called -- but she found herself waiting anyway. Taking her time in zipping her backpack back up to wait and see who Indigo got stuck with.

"Kidding." She added quickly. Ryan wasn't the worst one for her to end up with. It was just... she was a little suspicious, alright? Suspicious and she wanted to know what his angle was. In her experience, people just saying you were pretty always had a reason behind the niceness. Her plan had been to avoid him but alas, fate was really against her.

She waited until Indigo's name was also called to stand up and walk out. "Silas?" She echoed Indigo's partner's name. "That's the weird one, isn't it? The one that was offering us meth or something?"
Jess
INTERACTIONS: Indigo

MENTIONS: Ryan, Silas

TAGS: KingofAesir KingofAesir
code by valen t.

Serenity

OUTFIT: here
INTERACTIONS: raven
MENTIONS: roman
TAGS:
Soap Soap fin fin
“Nah I’d rather fuck up the rich, they probably taste disgusting. Like oil or too much perfume or cologne. Don’t worry about me though, it’s all good over here.” Serenity knew that Raven was being genuine with her offer to help. But she was still someone who didn’t like asking for help, even if she desperately needed it. By handling her business herself there was less likely a chance of having it thrown back in her or being indebted to someone. It was ironic given the fact that she was getting money from Dexter but she didn’t see it that way. Serenity Was swindling him, he didn’t expect her to pay him back. The poor fool was happily giving her the money since he believed that she wasn’t the “wrong type of person.” She almost felt bad, almost.

Serenity only stared at Raven blankly as she spoke about Valerie. She figured that something was going on there but at the same time it wasn’t her business. Serenity didn’t see the point in worrying about who was messing around with who, well she didn’t worry about it but she wasn’t above using it to her advantage later. “I always aim for the face hoping that I break something. She’s rich enough to get surgery after I fuck her up.” She merely shrugged her shoulder, as if she wasn’t talking about rearranging someone’s face. Serenity followed Raven's gaze, eyeing the two girls while they walked passed. “Yeah well, they're probably better off than us still.”

“There’s a very very very small amount of people who I trust completely, so no worries there. Don’t worry about me. Even if he feels as if I owe him something he won’t get a damn thing. And if he tries something or throws a fit that’ll be his ass.” Serenity shrugged her shoulders. Frankly she wasn’t too worried about the situation. Serenity was always on guard and she wasn’t about to let it down, even in the presence of someone who seemed harmless. Those were the ones to watch out for.

Serenity turned her attention away from Raven when someone began speaking to the student body. Looking at the principal Serenity already knew that she’d be a hard ass but she wasn’t intimidated in the slightest. And when the woman called out the pairs she scowled, resisting the urge to correct her about her name preference. “I guess I could have been paired off with worse….though I wonder if I can ditch him and fuck around on campus.” The idea was very tempting. Ren stood up from her seat and stretched. “Good luck with the Princess, though you’re probably happy as fuck right now.” Serenity eyed Raven suspiciously.

code by low fidelity.

@deviline says:

Angie’s eyes were pulled away from the phone that she’d pulled out to occupy herself upon Honey’s moving into the chair beside her. A bright smile came onto her face, and she gave a soft laugh at her friend’s remark. “Of course I saved you a seat!” Angie said, giving a little mwah sound at the end of her sentence as a little greeting— as was Angeline tradition. “And he’s even hotter in person?” she laughed. “Omigod, where is he? I need some eye candy this morning.” She brushed the hair out of her face with another bubbly laugh. “Kidding, but the sights that I’ve seen this morning have been far from pleasant, omigod…I hope I at least get someone hot to show around so I’m not miserable-r than miserable all day…”

Her eyes trailed to Valerie as she walked over, and her smile brightened even more. “Heyyyy, Val! Mwah, we were just talking about having to show the other students around.” She laughed, though this one was sharped, more edged. “Omigod, I know, right? They’re really letting those criminals roam the streets scott-free like they did nothing wrong…and they’re so whiny about it.” She sighed. “They’re the literal worst…”

Eden dropped next to Honey, and Valerie, naturally, was the first to speak. Angeline politely waited her turn, and then she opened her mouth to give a “I—“ before she was so rudely cut off by the principal.

With each word of the speech that the principal gave and the subsequent listing of the name’s, Angie could feel her stomach screwing up, and she reached out to hold Honey’s hand, squeezing it tightly. She was more dreadful than anything, and she was sure that this would help.

She immediately recognized the name that came out of the woman’s mouth when she got to “Angeline Jumper”: Oliver Dreyfuss. Call it the knack of someone who was used to being the right-hand Mean Girl, but she never let anything about anyone slip her mind, and the first thing that came to mind came out of her mouth in a breathless whisper:

“Omigod, I really got Let’s Get Incestuous…”

Not anyone hot. Not anyone cool. Not anyone that she could possibly maybe not hate.

No. The guy who saw his sister strip naked and just watched the whole thing.

The uncool kid who everyone seemed to hate.

Great. This would do wonders for her psyche.

At least she’d have someone to beat on all day. That was always fun.

As soon as they were dismissed, Angeline stood, her eyes searching the crowd for the child, and she saw a small blur trying to rush out of the auditorium. “I think my Alabamian partner just ran out of the room,” she sighed. She looked at her friends and blew them all a kiss individually. “Mwah, I love you all. If I’m dead by the end of the day, you know what killed me.” She gave them all a little smile, and she grabbed her bags and briskly walked through the gym.

Her heels didn’t do much to help, but she somehow managed to catch up— call it her long legs or just her general used-to-grabbing-children-to-bully-ness— and she snagged the boy by the back of his collar.

“Well, howdy-do, partnerrrr!” she said in a sickly-sweet voice. “Glad to see that you’re not busy trying to get your barely-pubescent self into your sister’s pants, hehe!” Somehow, the way she punctuated her sentences was like her over-use of hearts in her texts. “You can’t run away now! I’ve got to show you around here, Oliver Twisted!”
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE

{ MOOD }
+ wow! how lucky am i! <3 +

{ LOCATION }
+ auditorium +

{ OUTFIT }
+ jean look +

{ INTERACTIONS }
+ honey, val, eden, oliver +

{ MENTIONS }
+ mason +

{ TAGS }
+ jasmyn jasmyn Zatanna Zatanna LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki Chimney Swift Chimney Swift +

this user was active: less than a minute ago

ANGELINE JUMPER
♬ "wake up in the mornin' feelin' like p-diddy" ♬

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

Angie’s eyes were pulled away from the phone that she’d pulled out to occupy herself upon Honey’s moving into the chair beside her. A bright smile came onto her face, and she gave a soft laugh at her friend’s remark. “Of course I saved you a seat!” Angie said, giving a little mwah sound at the end of her sentence as a little greeting— as was Angeline tradition. “And he’s even hotter in person?” she laughed. “Omigod, where is he? I need some eye candy this morning.” She brushed the hair out of her face with another bubbly laugh. “Kidding, but the sights that I’ve seen this morning have been far from pleasant, omigod…I hope I at least get someone hot to show around so I’m not miserable-r than miserable all day…”

Her eyes trailed to Valerie as she walked over, and her smile brightened even more. “Heyyyy, Val! Mwah, we were just talking about having to show the other students around.” She laughed, though this one was sharped, more edged. “Omigod, I know, right? They’re really letting those criminals roam the streets scott-free like they did nothing wrong…and they’re so whiny about it.” She sighed. “They’re the literal worst…”

Eden dropped next to Honey, and Valerie, naturally, was the first to speak. Angeline politely waited her turn, and then she opened her mouth to give a “I—“ before she was so rudely cut off by the principal.

With each word of the speech that the principal gave and the subsequent listing of the name’s, Angie could feel her stomach screwing up, and she reached out to hold Honey’s hand, squeezing it tightly. She was more dreadful than anything, and she was sure that this would help.

She immediately recognized the name that came out of the woman’s mouth when she got to “Angeline Jumper”: Oliver Dreyfuss. Call it the knack of someone who was used to being the right-hand Mean Girl, but she never let anything about anyone slip her mind, and the first thing that came to mind came out of her mouth in a breathless whisper:

“Omigod, I really got Let’s Get Incestuous…”

Not anyone hot. Not anyone cool. Not anyone that she could possibly maybe not hate.

No. The guy who saw his sister strip naked and just watched the whole thing.

The uncool kid who everyone seemed to hate.

Great. This would do wonders for her psyche.

At least she’d have someone to beat on all day. That was always fun.

As soon as they were dismissed, Angeline stood, her eyes searching the crowd for the child, and she saw a small blur trying to rush out of the auditorium. “I think my Alabamian partner just ran out of the room,” she sighed. She looked at her friends and blew them all a kiss individually. “Mwah, I love you all. If I’m dead by the end of the day, you know what killed me.” She gave them all a little smile, and she grabbed her bags and briskly walked through the gym.

Her heels didn’t do much to help, but she somehow managed to catch up— call it her long legs or just her general used-to-grabbing-children-to-bully-ness— and she snagged the boy by the back of his collar

“Well, howdy-do, partnerrrr!” she said in a sickly-sweet voice. “Glad to see that you’re not busy trying to get your barely-pubescent self into your sister’s pants, hehe!” Somehow, the way she punctuated her sentences was like her over-use of hearts in her texts. “You can’t run away now! I’ve got to show you around here, Oliver Twisted!”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back