• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Auburn Springs

Characters
Here
The First Day

Winona

No, I don't have too many characters.

Mason stared into the cracked mirror in front of him. He looked at his reflection -- at the dark eyes, the dark hair, the flannel that he had freshly washed and dried for this very day. The day that he sold his soul to the devil, so to speak. The day that he crossed the river to the other side. Because someone -- and certainly obviously not him, nope no way -- had managed to catch the fucking school on fire. Had him and his classmates spoken about it on a nearly daily basis, especially around exam time? Of course! Had Mason been serious at all during that time? Obviously of fucking course not.

He was a strong guy. Emotionally unyielding. However, every guy had their breaking point, and Mason's breaking point was having to share the same school as some people that he considered to be lower than the dirt on the bottom of his Converse. People like fucking Chelsea and his little minions like that Dexter fuck and... okay, to be fair, Mason couldn't think of anyone else off the top of his head.

But he was already done and Mason hadn't even stepped out the door yet.

"I'm not going. I'm quitting. Dropping out." Mason announced to no one in particular. Maybe just to himself, to give himself this sense of determination, so to speak. Maybe if he announced it aloud, he'd actually follow through on something for once.

"WHAT?!"

Oh right. The paper thin walls of the apartment didn't keep noise contained to any one room. His voice had probably sounded as clear as day in the shared bedroom between himself and his little fuck up of a brother, Drake. As was (occasionally) per usual for his brother, he'd been up way too fucking early to go for a run and had already been in the shower before Mason had a chance to see him.

Now, his brother slammed into the bathroom door and it banged open with a large crash. Mason glared over at him and started to open his mouth to berate his brother, but that was before he noticed his getup. Well, for the most part he looked like a normal sophomore boy -- jeans, no shirt because he had yet to find one apparently, but it was what was on his head that had Mason reeling.

"You can't drop out your senior year!" Drake was yelling.

"Is that a shower cap on your head?" Mason asked, gesturing to the pink plastic wrap on his brother's head.

"I didn't want to get my hair wet before school," he whined. "I need to look good, you know? For the singles, Mason. This is a new chance for us. I'm going to find myself a hot person and marry rich so I never have to work again."

"But no one's gonna wanna hang around you. Your hair smells like weed and cigarettes."

"You smell like weed and cigarettes."

"Well no duh." Mason rolled his eyes and turned back towards the mirror. "Get dressed. We're leaving in five minutes. I gotta drop Ari off at Lydia's." And then, they'd make the trip across the bridge and straight into the lion's den.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another thing that would always leave Mason reeling in anger was public transportation. When Ambridge was still up, Drake and him were able to walk to their school and avoid having to ride the school buses. The morning walk had been a godsend of sorts -- it had given Mason a chance to smoke a cigarette and occasionally, Raven would join them on the way. It was nice.

Instead, today, Mason and Drake had to make their way to the bus stop. He felt like an idiot standing by the side of the road, waiting for their bus to come, and why the fuck was he nervous? These were just... Auburn Springs fucks. Mason knew how to deal with those fuckers. But he knew it was less about himself -- it was people like his little brother who stood next to him at the bus stop with those ridiculous fucking pink sunglasses resting on his face. Those were the ones he was worried about. Mason could roll with the punches, the teasing, and be fine -- he'd done it for years, what was one more? -- but Drake didn't know what it was like on the other side of the river. Down here, everyone loved him. He was like the community's little brother. But up there?

Up there he was just another fucking street rat with nothing going for him.

"Starting the morning off with a smoke instead of breakfast?" Drake asked.

Mason rolled his eyes as he inhaled on the cigarette and then pulled it from his lips, exhaling slowly. "Breakfast of champions right here, Drake." He said and held the cigarette out towards Drake with a smirk. Drake recoiled from it, nose wrinkled up, and Mason laughed as he took another drag on it. Drake hated cigarettes -- hated the smell, hated the feel, whereas Mason always kept a box in his pocket, and it was vice versa for Drake with weed -- Mason wouldn't touch the shit because he hated the feeling of being unaware, but he knew Drake had a joint in his backpack ready to go.

The bus's rumbling sounded from down the street and Mason looked over his shoulder to watch as it came rolling down their street. He dropped his cigarette and ground it in with his Converse before looking back right as it came to a screeching halt beside the brothers. The doors creaked their way open and Mason, sucking in a deep breath before he started up the stairs.

His bulky frame made the whole bus riding thing even worse than it should have been as he headed down the middle until he got to the back, where he swung himself into a seat and sank down as low as he could against the window. Drake had gotten distracted by someone near the front of the bus, and that was fine. Mason needed a break from his brother. A time to just sit and stew in his own thoughts.

He looked out the window as the bus finished its route until the only empty seat was the one beside him -- none of the other students dared try to sit with him, even if a few of the seats were packed with three. The city of Ambridge soon disappeared from view and they were on the bridge and Mason's stomach started to twist. It wasn't like he was unfamiliar with Auburn Springs -- they crossed the bridge during the football games, for example -- but this felt different. For the games, he was still surrounded by his fellow Ambridgers. But here? He'd be surrounded by them.

The bus came to a grinding halt outside of the school and Mason was one of the last off the bus. The moment his shoes touched Auburn Springs soil, he was on edge. There were teachers all over the place directing them towards the auditorium for... wait did they fucking say buddies? They were doing a fucking buddy system like the Ambridgers were fucking five year olds? What in the actual fuck?

He couldn't get distracted by that, though. That was probably what the Auburn Springs fucks wanted. Instead, Mason looked through the crowd until he caught sight of Drake in his hot pink sunglasses walking away from him.

Mason shoved his way through the students, not even caring who he knocked out of his fucking way, until he caught up with his brother and grabbed his backpack and pulled Drake to a quick halt. With one hand still on the backpack, he yanked Drake back towards him and glared down at him. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He snapped.

Drake looked at him, bewilderment in his eyes. "I was going to the auditorium like they said."

"No, no you're not. Not yet." Mason snapped and finally released his hold on Drake's backpack. "You're staying with me." He stated, glaring down at his little brother.

"But--"

"No."

Drake huffed and as far as Mason was concerned, his little brother could throw the biggest hissy fit he wanted. He was not getting away from Mason. End of story. And his brother obviously knew that because his shoulders slumped in defeat. "What are we doing, then?" Drake grumbled. "Just standing here?"

"Waiting for the others." He stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Seriously?" Drake asked. "You don't think Raven, Dani, Sly, Ry-- Okay, maybe Ryan can't handle himself. But the rest of them? They'll be fine. This is stupid. Let's just go to the auditorium and wait for them there. You aren't even going to see them in this crowd, Mason!" He gestured around at the crowd surrounding them.

Mason hated it when Drake was right.

"Fine," he grumbled.

Reluctantly, Mason allowed Drake to lead the way as they followed the rest of the crowd to the auditorium which was thrumming with activity. The brothers picked an area near the middle that was widely unpopulated and took their seats. Drake leaned back in his, backpack on his lap, and pushed his sunglasses up onto the top of his head. It pushed his hair back so that it stuck out at all kinds of crazy angles -- which just made Mason roll his eyes.

Mason, on the other hand, remained on the edge of his seat. His foot tapped against the ground rapidly while his elbows rested on his knees and his hands clasped together. He watched as people came in, his jaw clenched tight. He was on edge and ready to snap at even the smallest of inconveniences.
Mason & Drake
INTERACTIONS: N/A

MENTIONS: Too many

TAGS:
code by valen t.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessica Jake was known for being--

Well, nothing. She wasn't known. She existed on the outer perimeter of her classmates, just outside of their peripheral and quite honestly, that is where she preferred to find herself. Floating in this vast unknown where she could sink into her desk during class with a book while her classmates rattled on about ridiculous topics around her.

Not that she existed completely in this unknown space, of course. With the arrival of the students of Ambridge happening on the next Monday, Jess had taken to social media as a way to get an idea of what her classmates thought along with trying to sort out who her soon-to-be fellow peers were. She liked to at least know people and be able to put a name to a face. It gave her a certain sense of control over the situation -- but it was also funny to watch the Auburn Springs students freak out.

At least things seemed to have calmed down on social media the night before the big day -- and now here it was. Monday was upon them and although her routine was just as normal as any other day, it almost felt surreal because Jess knew that her day would anything but routine. The principal had announced that they would be showing the Ambridge students around. Jess wasn't sure if he meant everyone, and she almost hoped that he didn't. Perhaps she could get out of the tour thing.

However, despite these fanciful dreams, Jess still found herself having been shoved into the auditorium alongside the rest of her classmates. No big deal. She headed up the steps until she arrived in the very back where she dropped her backpack next to a seat and flopped down into it. She was on the very end so that she could be one of the first up and out -- plus, Jess didn't like being somewhere in the middle. The feeling of people all around her made her skin crawl. At least if she was on the end, that feeling was lessened. And the back was better because no one was behind her, potentially staring at her.

She relaxed into the seat and flipped open her copy of Pride & Prejudice to the bookmarked page. Jess took the bookmark and slid it into the back of the book and sunk down into her seat as her eyes started to scan the words. Eventually, she got into the book and everything else around her dulled and disappeared.
Jess
INTERACTIONS: Open

MENTIONS: N/A

TAGS:
code by valen t.

Raven was never the type to be nervous, the brunette was always calm, cool and collected in almost any situation. Maybe it was the way she was brought up, Raven was in a lot of situations that needed alarm and yet she acted as if it was a normal Tuesday. Maybe that's what happens when you have to make sure your mother was breathing every other hour as a six year old. Oh, who's she kidding? The first day at a new school and her mother possibly overdosing were two very different things.

Was it bad to say she was looking forward to the second situation a little more?

What? Raven had the confidence to strut in that school and acted like she owned it, truly, she did. But... there was still a knot in her stomach. Was this her being nervous? She knew how these people operated already, it was easy to see. But the people she went to school with, Mason, Dani, Oliver-- they didn't get it. Not yet anyway. People are a very easy thing to manipulate, not that she's trying to do that with either of that, Raven just really isn't interested in fighting the whole semester. The school burning down wasn't something Raven had wanted, even if the school was a shit show. But nevertheless, whatever happened to the school wasn't their business anymore. The investigation should take place and they'll rule it as an accident because nobody cares enough in Ambridge to actually do anything about anything.

"Have you seen my--"

The curly haired woman handed her two small silver hoops. "You ask me this every day, Raven." Nancy said, the younger girl took with earrings with a grin and walked over to the mirror, removing a smudge of eyeliner before she replied. "And I will continue to ask you, you're working for me, remember? What do I pay you for if you don't bring me my things?" An audible laugh escaped from the darker skinned woman and Raven watched through the reflection as Nancy gently placed a blanket on the old woman staring blankly at the television a few feet away.

"I work for your grandmother-- and the state pays me, so don't even start with that."

Raven slid the slightly worn, leather backpack onto her shoulder and placed a kiss on her grandmother's forehead, naturally, there was no response, but that's okay, she hadn't expected there to be. "Bye Abuela, bye Chives." Chives, isn't that the perfect name for a butler? Raven couldn't help but wonder if one of these richies actually had a butler named Chives.

She had to admit she was slightly disappointed to see she wasn't on the bus with any of her actual friends. Sure, she knew these other people but they weren't exactly the greatest guys out there. So, Raven grabbed a seat and had her head in a book the whole time. She hadn't even noticed they stopped before everyone was funneling out of the bus in awe. It took a moment to understand why they acted like Jesus Christ was in front of them, but Raven quickly realized that this school-- well, it was much different than theirs. "I wonder what we have, that they don't?" She slowed to a stop, glancing over at Ren before returning her gaze to the building in front of them.
Raven
INTERACTIONS:: Ren, any other Ambridgers who arrive.

MENTIONS: Mason, Oliver, Dani.

TAGS: jasmyn jasmyn Winona Winona Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

-------------------DON'T TYPE ANYTHING AFTER THIS-------------------

[/COMMENT]
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Oliver woke up with a startle.

He honestly wasn’t sure where he was for a good 10 seconds. There was no broken glass, no smell of vomit, no sisters, no cockroaches climbing the walls. In fact, he was alone. Alone in a room that while simple and small, was clean and quiet. For a glancing moment, his breathing mellowed out. This was Dani's house. This was safety.

The reasons why he was here, however, rapidly came flooding back into his memory. All of a sudden he bolted upright in bed, staring into the blank space of the wall, his eyes frozen open and terrified. What had he done? This was an absolute nightmare scenario, and now he had to go continue the nightmare at Auburn Springs High School. In a panic, he went to twist his hands as he always did to calm down, only to wince and hiss through his teeth in pain as his mangled, bandaged left hand made contact with his right. His vision filled with spots, but he climbed out of bed, still dressed in yesterday's simple dark red t-shirt and grey jeans, his normally neat dark locks unkempt and falling into his eyes uncomfortably.

He had to find Dani. Tell her he wasn't coming to school today. He just couldn’t, not after everything that happened. He couldn’t face the people who viciously pestered him on social media the night before. If he ran into Angeline or Valerie today, he was going to die on the spot. He didn’t even really want to face his own city friends; he just wasn’t mentally ready for it today. He didn’t even have his backpack. He didn’t have time to grab it before Elena bailed him out of his home, and he wasn’t in a state to know he needed it then, anyway. Anyway, he couldn’t do it. Not today.

He found the bathroom door closed, and hoping Dani was the only one home, he knocked… with the wrong hand.

“Oww!!”

He yelped and jumped back like a wounded fox, cradling the arm of his damaged hand to his chest. There it went; all the chutzpah required to ask Dani to stay home was gone. He resigned himself to going to school. Still clutching his hand close, running his thumbs across the bandaging in a last-ditch attempt at self soothing, he went into the small living area to wait for her, taking a seat in the corner on the floor. He couldn’t explain why, but he didn’t want to touch the furniture right now. It just felt bad. He’d wait this out, he always did. But in the meantime, it hurt. Physically, mentally, emotionally.

This was going to be a rough day to get through.

Oliver
INTERACTIONS:: Dani

MENTIONS: Dani, Valerie, Angeline

TAGS: jasmyn jasmyn
code by valen t.

Last edited:
@freudianslipnslide says:
You gotta be kidding me.

Where was it? Things didn't disappear on their own. Anyone knew this, and Chelsea did, especially-- it came along with having three siblings.

Still, he'd turned over his entire bathroom, and it was nowhere to be seen. It was not on the counter, not in the cabinets-- which, of course, had been disarrayed once again despite him having organized it last night-- and not in the drawers beneath the sink; not beside the toilet, not in the toilet, and not in the shower; not on the towel rack, not in the soap box, and not behind the door.

Of course it was gone. Of course it was. He couldn't have anything in this house without having it be stolen or used by those who it wasn't for. No one respected boundaries, and specifically not his.

But who would steal his...?

"Donna, you absolute motherfucker," Chelsea growled under his breath, stomping to his brother's room and banging on the door. "Open up!"

There came no answer.

"Donna!" he called, banging his fists on the door again. "Open up!"

There was still no answer.

His hand went to the knob, and he gave it his hardest yank.

The door didn't budge.

He slammed his fist against the door again, scowling.

Be fucking glad that I have respect for this house, or I would tear down your door.

"That's good cologne," he muttered, "and you're just going to waste it. But whatever. Have fun with your wrists while they're in tact."

Chelsea stomped back to the bathroom. God, fuck. Great way to start out a day, and he'd only been up for thirty minutes.

He studied himself in the mirror, prodding his freshly-shaven chin with a couple of fingers, and then he dropped his hand down and gripped the side of the bathroom counter. He stared into his dark eyes and sighed deeply. "CK," he muttered, "listen, as long as you can get through the day without the threat of going to juvenile prison, you'll be set."

"Talking to yourself, Chels?"

The voice from the doorway made Chelsea's jaw clench again, and he looked at his brother's reflection in the mirror. "Give me a good reason not to break every finger on your hand, Donna."

Donna entered the bathroom and began putting toothpaste on his brush. "What's today's daily news?" he asked casually, as if this were a usual occurrence.

Chelsea turned to his brother. "I said, give me a reason not to break every finger on your hand, Donna." His voice was sure and threatening.

"As opposed to every finger on my foot?" Donna said, sticking his toothbrush in his mouth.

Chelsea the collar of his brother's shirt. "Listen here, you little shit..." He considered how to threaten him, but instead, he just glared into his brother's eyes before letting him go with a sigh. "Just give me my cologne back." This fight wasn't worth all of the effort this morning.

Donna scrubbed away at his teeth, as if nothing had happened. "Your 'olo'nn...?"

"Don't fucking play dumb. It's the Stefano Ricci cologne."

"You p'obawee yus' los' ih."

"Unlike you, I keep up with my shit." Chelsea ducked down to the drawer where all of his scents were kept to look for a new smell, because, apparently, this conversation wasn't going to go anywhere.

"Appawehwee nah," Donna said, and then spat his toothpaste into the sink.

Chelsea's jaw clenched, and he picked out a bottle quickly and sat it on the counter. He held his nose. "You smell like smoke. Disgusting."

"You smell like deodorant," said the brother, nonchalantly, pulling out his floss. "Pleasant."

Chelsea scowled at his brother as he sprayed his cologne on himself. "Fuck right off, Donna."

The lanky-ish boy didn't say another word and instead tossed his floss into the trash can and began to brush his hair.

At the lack of the rise from his younger brother, Chelsea gave a small tch and stomped out. He needed to get dressed. Whatever.

He, as usual, had set his clothing out last night, so it did not take long for him to pull on the black polo and blue jeans. This was a perk of being organized, as he tried to tell his siblings; there was no stress in any of your routine.

He found a black belt, and he fastened it onto himself, then pulled on some white socks and a pair of tennis shoes.

He walked over to his full-length mirror and gave himself a once-over. Hot, as always. Brown hair in place, clothing on, and...

He grabbed a watch from atop a small box on his dresser. There. The look was complete.

He stepped out of his room, grabbing his wallet from the table beside his door, making his way down the hall, calling "be sure to eat breakfast!" to his brother.

There came no response, but he didn't expect there to.

He made his way down the stairs, and then he picked up his keys from the hook beside the front door. He noticed that Donna's were missing from their hook, and he sighed deeply. He really couldn't do the bare minimum, could he?

• • • • •​

Somehow-- well, not really somehow, because CK knew exactly how he'd done it-- Donna arrived in the spot beside his car at only moments after Chelsea had parked.

Donna really had no regard for anyone or anything, be it Chelsea, the law, or himself. Smh.

"You're going to get yourself killed," CK chastised, grabbing his bag from the backseat.

DC said nothing, grabbing his own bag from his own backseat.

"Yeah. Ignore me. Whatever."

Donna did not respond.

"Did you see Mer this morning?" CK asked his brother.

"She can handle herself," Donna said, walking away.

"That's not what I asked." Chelsea nearly chased after him. "Answer me, dipshit."

DC still said nothing, and CK rolled his eyes and slowed down his speed. Great. That's what he got for caring for his siblings.

Chelsea shifted his bag onto his back with one strap.

He had bigger fish to fry. Today was the day that all of the rabble from Ambridge made their appearance at Auburn Springs.

Whoever'd burned down the school had better hope that CK never found out who they were.

When he stepped inside, he was ushered into the auditorium. He'd lost his brother, but, at school, they weren't siblings, so he didn't really care. He spotted him near the top of the left part of the auditorium, but he didn't give him more than a glance.

He could tell which kids were Ambridge kids, and it made him sick. They looked and carried themselves so differently. Smugly, like they were so much better than everyone else.

He hated this already. He wanted to crawl up somewhere and die. Anger boiled in the back of his head already, and now it was spilling over into the front, and his pace quickened as he looked for a seat that was far away enough from the roaches of Ambridge that he wouldn't feel the urge to toss his cookies every second that passed.

He opted for a seat in the mostly-empty middle of the auditorium, ignoring those around him and immediately getting onto his phone so that he would not have to speak to anyone who happened to be near him-- not that he'd paid attention to who was near him in the first place.

He overheard something about getting buddied up with someone from Ambridge, and, beneath his breath, he muttered, "Someone, come over here and fucking take me out."
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE

{ MOOD }
+ done, two minutes upon arriving +

{ LOCATION }
+ auburn springs' auditorium +

{ INTERACTIONS }
+ donna (open for interactions) +

{ MENTIONS }
+ mercedes, those near him in the auditorium +

{ TAGS }
+ n/a +

this user was active: less than a minute ago

CHELSEA FREUD (& DONNA CAMUS)
♬ "go away, leave me alone" ♬

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

You gotta be kidding me.

Where was it? Things didn't disappear on their own. Anyone knew this, and Chelsea did, especially-- it came along with having three siblings.

Still, he'd turned over his entire bathroom, and it was nowhere to be seen. It was not on the counter, not in the cabinets-- which, of course, had been disarrayed once again despite him having organized it last night-- and not in the drawers beneath the sink; not beside the toilet, not in the toilet, and not in the shower; not on the towel rack, not in the soap box, and not behind the door.

Of course it was gone. Of course it was. He couldn't have anything in this house without having it be stolen or used by those who it wasn't for. No one respected boundaries, and specifically not his.

But who would steal his...?

"Donna, you absolute motherfucker," Chelsea growled under his breath, stomping to his brother's room and banging on the door. "Open up!"

There came no answer.

"Donna!" he called, banging his fists on the door again. "Open up!"

There was still no answer.

His hand went to the knob, and he gave it his hardest yank.

The door didn't budge.

He slammed his fist against the door again, scowling.

Be fucking glad that I have respect for this house, or I would tear down your door.

"That's good cologne," he muttered, "and you're just going to waste it. But whatever. Have fun with your wrists while they're in tact."

Chelsea stomped back to the bathroom. God, fuck. Great way to start out a day, and he'd only been up for thirty minutes.

He studied himself in the mirror, prodding his freshly-shaven chin with a couple of fingers, and then he dropped his hand down and gripped the side of the bathroom counter. He stared into his dark eyes and sighed deeply. "CK," he muttered, "listen, as long as you can get through the day without the threat of going to juvenile prison, you'll be set."

"Talking to yourself, Chels?"

The voice from the doorway made Chelsea's jaw clench again, and he looked at his brother's reflection in the mirror. "Give me a good reason not to break every finger on your hand, Donna."

Donna entered the bathroom and began putting toothpaste on his brush. "What's today's daily news?" he asked casually, as if this were a usual occurrence.

Chelsea turned to his brother. "I said, give me a reason not to break every finger on your hand, Donna." His voice was sure and threatening.

"As opposed to every finger on my foot?" Donna said, sticking his toothbrush in his mouth.

Chelsea the collar of his brother's shirt. "Listen here, you little shit..." He considered how to threaten him, but instead, he just glared into his brother's eyes before letting him go with a sigh. "Just give me my cologne back." This fight wasn't worth all of the effort this morning.

Donna scrubbed away at his teeth, as if nothing had happened. "Your 'olo'nn...?"

"Don't fucking play dumb. It's the Stefano Ricci cologne."

"You p'obawee yus' los' ih."

"Unlike you, I keep up with my shit." Chelsea ducked down to the drawer where all of his scents were kept to look for a new smell, because, apparently, this conversation wasn't going to go anywhere.

"Appawehwee nah," Donna said, and then spat his toothpaste into the sink.

Chelsea's jaw clenched, and he picked out a bottle quickly and sat it on the counter. He held his nose. "You smell like smoke. Disgusting."

"You smell like deodorant," said the brother, nonchalantly, pulling out his floss. "Pleasant."

Chelsea scowled at his brother as he sprayed his cologne on himself. "Fuck right off, Donna."

The lanky-ish boy didn't say another word and instead tossed his floss into the trash can and began to brush his hair.

At the lack of the rise from his younger brother, Chelsea gave a small tch and stomped out. He needed to get dressed. Whatever.

He, as usual, had set his clothing out last night, so it did not take long for him to pull on the black polo and blue jeans. This was a perk of being organized, as he tried to tell his siblings; there was no stress in any of your routine.

He found a black belt, and he fastened it onto himself, then pulled on some white socks and a pair of tennis shoes.

He walked over to his full-length mirror and gave himself a once-over. Hot, as always. Brown hair in place, clothing on, and...

He grabbed a watch from atop a small box on his dresser. There. The look was complete.

He stepped out of his room, grabbing his wallet from the table beside his door, making his way down the hall, calling "be sure to eat breakfast!" to his brother.

There came no response, but he didn't expect there to.

He made his way down the stairs, and then he picked up his keys from the hook beside the front door. He noticed that Donna's were missing from their hook, and he sighed deeply. He really couldn't do the bare minimum, could he?

• • • • •​

Somehow-- well, not really somehow, because CK knew exactly how he'd done it-- Donna arrived in the spot beside his car at only moments after Chelsea had parked.

Donna really had no regard for anyone or anything, be it Chelsea, the law, or himself. Smh.

"You're going to get yourself killed," CK chastised, grabbing his bag from the backseat.

DC said nothing, grabbing his own bag from his own backseat.

"Yeah. Ignore me. Whatever."

Donna did not respond.

"Did you see Mer this morning?" CK asked his brother.

"She can handle herself," Donna said, walking away.

"That's not what I asked." Chelsea nearly chased after him. "Answer me, dipshit."

DC still said nothing, and CK rolled his eyes and slowed down his speed. Great. That's what he got for caring for his siblings.

Chelsea shifted his bag onto his back with one strap.

He had bigger fish to fry. Today was the day that all of the rabble from Ambridge made their appearance at Auburn Springs.

Whoever'd burned down the school had better hope that CK never found out who they were.

When he stepped inside, he was ushered into the auditorium. He'd lost his brother, but, at school, they weren't siblings, so he didn't really care. He spotted him near the top of the left part of the auditorium, but he didn't give him more than a glance.

He could tell which kids were Ambridge kids, and it made him sick. They looked and carried themselves so differently. Smugly, like they were so much better than everyone else.

He hated this already. He wanted to crawl up somewhere and die. Anger boiled in the back of his head already, and now it was spilling over into the front, and his pace quickened as he looked for a seat that was far away enough from the roaches of Ambridge that he wouldn't feel the urge to toss his cookies every second that passed.

He opted for a seat in the mostly-empty middle of the auditorium, ignoring those around him and immediately getting onto his phone so that he would not have to speak to anyone who happened to be near him-- not that he'd paid attention to who was near him in the first place.

He overheard something about getting buddied up with someone from Ambridge, and, beneath his breath, he muttered, "Someone, come over here and fucking take me out."

Last edited:
sly old fish

Who in their right mind lights up a fucking school? That was the thought that repeated itself over and over again in the head of Sylvester Cosgrove. He'd woken up on the wrong side of the bed that morning, ridden with hate and anger pulsing through him. Not much was constant in Sly's life. He switched cars ever so often to avoid being tracked down by police, and was threatened near every other week by foster care. For some reason, Big Johnny wasn't a capable guardian for him, something about his criminal history. It was fucking Ambridge, he was sure the mayor himself had some skeletons in his closet.

What seemed to be constant was school, and the other kids like him that attended. Ambridge wasn't a big, wealthy area that could afford a long list of schools. Near everybody had been together since elementary school, awaiting graduation from Ambridge secondary. Sly continued to suspect it was a Springs kid that'd lit the school on fire, another act of pettiness from kids who had everything fed to them on a silver spoon. They couldn't even let the rats grow old and die in their own ghetto.

"Fuck!" He roared at his reflection. Toothpaste flew out of his lips and onto the mirror in front of him, one that was cracked moments later by Sly's fist.

Sly cursed under a breath, and rinsed his teeth under the water. He ignored Big Johnny's shouts from downstairs-- he was fine, he told himself. Sly threw on a plain t-shirt, and jacket. Nothing different from what he wore any other day. He found himself lost in his phone, feeling out the emotions of other Ambridge kids as they prepared to finish their school year in what was their definition of hell. On the base floor of the Ambridge home, Sly found Big Johnny and a couple of his sons in the kitchen, downing their meals and whatnot. He moved towards his own plate of food at the island, "Thanks," he added before diving into a spoonful.

"You need a ride, Sylvester?"

Fuck, Big Johnny had called him by his first name. That's when he knew he was serious, and while he didn't want to shed a tear, he pulled into a bear hug with the person that'd been his father for the past five years. With threats from the foster agency, Little Johnny held up in detention, and now him going to Ambridge... Sly knew he was scared for him.

"I'll be alright. I'm gonna go pick up Dani, I'll tell her you said hi." Sly said simply, and before Big Johnny could elaborate on any other pent up feelings he had, he'd swung his bag onto his back and left the house. Outside, his eyes landed on his latest steal, a recent year Dodge Challenger. While originally a white colour, after stealing it from the Springs, Sly had the car painted a jet black, with the license plates replaced. He checked off a mental checklist in his head, and felt the side of his jeans for his wrench, before entering the car. The wrench was to fix the car if it broke down... Or cave in the skull of a Springs kid if they came too close to himself or Dani.

Daniella Monroe didn't live too far away from Big Johnny's home. Sly drove the car towards the side of the road, and rolled down the window, where he then looked up at the uppermost window. Dani's room. He honked the car several times from his place, anticipating Dani, and apparently Oliver's arrival. Hopefully Dani was more excited to cross the bridge than he was. Hell, he'd left the house in such a fit that he forgot to finish his bacon.

If it was any consolation though, imagining whatever glare Mason was giving... wherever he was, put Sly slightly at ease.
mood; indifferent, morning fatigue. | location; danielle's place. | tags; dani jasmyn jasmyn oli Chimney Swift Chimney Swift .​
too cunning for the hook.

code by low fidelity.

@deviline says:
There really was nothing like waking up to the sound of Kesha music playing from your alarm clock while your two fluffy mutts licked your face to death.

Angeline smiled, sitting up on her plush pillows as her dogs yapped at her. "Mickie, Betty!" she said. "Good morning!"

The dogs licked at her again, and, laughing, she patted their heads and made kissing noises, not bothering to reach over and turn off "TiK ToK", which was still playing for her phone's alarm.

She yawned and stretched, already feeling herself beginning to awaken. She'd always been a morning person, and she was wide awake within seven minutes of actually getting up, usually.

She pushed out of bed, her blue, silk pajamas ruffling as she walked down the stairs and to the dining room, where her mother had already fixed her a big breakfast for the morning. "Morning, Mom!" she greeted, making her way to her seat as her dogs' nails clicked on both the hardwood and the tile.

The tall, blonde woman shuffling at the counter turned around to bid her daughter a smile. "Good morning, Angel," she said sweetly, if a bit tiredly, walking over and planting a kiss on Angeline's cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," she said, digging into her vegan omelette, "but I had a very weird dream." Her dogs licked at her toes, and she snickered. "No, you can't have any of my bweakfast," she said in her baby voice to the dogs.

"What was your dream?" her mom asked, walking back to the counter and going about her business.

Angeline swallowed her bite, rubbing her cheek as in thought. "Well...hmm...first, I was at the school. But you know how in dreams, you know places are places even though they don't look like them? Yeah. The school didn't look like the school, but it was the school. It looked more like a...Dillard's." She took another bite of her omelette. "Anyway, while I was in it, all of these kids from...Ambridge came in." At the word Ambridge, she scrunched up her nose. "I knew that they were from Ambridge, but they were like...Hades from the Disney Hercules movie. They had fire on their head of a bunch of different colors. And they were all trying to talk to me." She took the final bite of her omelette and moved onto her soy yogurt. "It was just...weird."

"Isn't today the day that all of the Ambridge students come to your school?" her mom asked.

She sighed deeply, her mood coming down a little bit just thinking about it. "Uh huh...you shouldn't have reminded me."

"Angie, you know...if you really plan to be a doctor in the future, then you're going to have to deal with all kinds of people. Trust me, I know," her mom said.

Mom, I don't want to be a doctor...I'm just telling you that so you will get off my back.

She sighed softly and took another spoonful of her yogurt. "Yes, I know. They're just...street rats, Mom."

"Baby, you only have this year and next left," her mother comforted.

"That's two more years than I should have to deal with those people," Angeline said. You don't know what I know, Mom. My friends and I got called dumbass, blondie, and bitch by some kid with glasses and a peg leg. I had to beg their dickwad ex-football captain to go out on a date with Honey after he cancelled it. They are the worst.

She stood up from her seat. "I'm going to get ready," she sighed, and she made her way up to her room once more. "Thanks for breakfast!" she called back to her mom.

Angeline's thoughts were now on how much she dreaded school today. Hurray! There went her good mood.

As she pulled on her blue jean shirt and pants, her mind went to how she could best avoid all Ambridgers. Could she say that she had a skin condition and feign a reaction to them when they came near? Could she conjure up a force field? How could she do it?

She sighed softly, making her way to the bathroom and getting ready as she thought about all of it. Her white teeth and straight, untangled hair didn't provide any answers, and even her good perfume did nothing to help.

Sighing, she got her purse around, making sure that everything was in place, and she grabbed her backpack. She bent down next to her dogs, who had followed her around the whole time, and she babbled at them. "I'm gonna miss you girls," she cooed. "I'll see you when I get home."

She grabbed her keys from the front pocket of her purse and walked to the kitchen to say goodbye to her mother.

"Are you headed out, Angel?" her mom asked, giving her a hug.

"I'm about to," she said.

"Be careful today. Don't get yourself in trouble." She kissed her temple. "Hold your head high. Don't look down at them, or you'll drop your crown, princess."

Angeline smiled. "Thanks, Mom."

• • • • • • •​

When she pulled up to the school, Angeline sat in her car for a minute, letting "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga fade into "Soul Sister" by Train. This...today...ugh.

She could do without a pep talk from herself. That would just make things worse.

"What's my line here?" she mumbled, looking for her backpack. "What is it I'm supposed to say?" She grabbed up her back and checked her reflection in the rearview mirror. "'Today's going to be a good day' or something like that?"

She slipped her backpack onto her back and picked up her purse, and she locked her car until it beeped behind her, and then clicked her lock one more time and heard it beep once more. Just in case, you know.

She made her way inside, overhearing the teachers mention something about a buddy system. Good Lord, now she would be forced to talk to one of them? Double, major ew.

She strutted in, smirking at the people who looked at her. The Ambridgers weren't going to bring her down. Her mom was right. If she looked at them, she'd be looking down and letting her crown fall off her head.

She found a seat at the front of the auditorium, sat her purse in the seat to her left and her backpack in the seat to her right, and sent Val and Honey a quick text:

Are you here? I'm at the front right of the auditorium. Saved you two some seats.
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE

{ MOOD }
+ not looking forward to today +

{ LOCATION }
+ auditorium +

{ OUTFIT }
+ jean look +

{ INTERACTIONS }
+ honey (via text), val (via text) +

{ MENTIONS }
+ mason, ryan +

{ TAGS }
+ jasmyn jasmyn Zatanna Zatanna +

ANGELINE JUMPER
♬ "wake up in the mornin' feelin' like p-diddy" ♬

There really was nothing like waking up to the sound of Kesha music playing from your alarm clock while your two fluffy mutts licked your face to death.

Angeline smiled, sitting up on her plush pillows as her dogs yapped at her. "Mickie, Betty!" she said. "Good morning!"

The dogs licked at her again, and, laughing, she patted their heads and made kissing noises, not bothering to reach over and turn off "TiK ToK", which was still playing for her phone's alarm.

She yawned and stretched, already feeling herself beginning to awaken. She'd always been a morning person, and she was wide awake within seven minutes of actually getting up, usually.

She pushed out of bed, her blue, silk pajamas ruffling as she walked down the stairs and to the dining room, where her mother had already fixed her a big breakfast for the morning. "Morning, Mom!" she greeted, making her way to her seat as her dogs' nails clicked on both the hardwood and the tile.

The tall, blonde woman shuffling at the counter turned around to bid her daughter a smile. "Good morning, Angel," she said sweetly, if a bit tiredly, walking over and planting a kiss on Angeline's cheek. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," she said, digging into her vegan omelette, "but I had a very weird dream." Her dogs licked at her toes, and she snickered. "No, you can't have any of my bweakfast," she said in her baby voice to the dogs.

"What was your dream?" her mom asked, walking back to the counter and going about her business.

Angeline swallowed her bite, rubbing her cheek as in thought. "Well...hmm...first, I was at the school. But you know how in dreams, you know places are places even though they don't look like them? Yeah. The school didn't look like the school, but it was the school. It looked more like a...Dillard's." She took another bite of her omelette. "Anyway, while I was in it, all of these kids from...Ambridge came in." At the word Ambridge, she scrunched up her nose. "I knew that they were from Ambridge, but they were like...Hades from the Disney Hercules movie. They had fire on their head of a bunch of different colors. And they were all trying to talk to me." She took the final bite of her omelette and moved onto her soy yogurt. "It was just...weird."

"Isn't today the day that all of the Ambridge students come to your school?" her mom asked.

She sighed deeply, her mood coming down a little bit just thinking about it. "Uh huh...you shouldn't have reminded me."

"Angie, you know...if you really plan to be a doctor in the future, then you're going to have to deal with all kinds of people. Trust me, I know," her mom said.

Mom, I don't want to be a doctor...I'm just telling you that so you will get off my back.

She sighed softly and took another spoonful of her yogurt. "Yes, I know. They're just...street rats, Mom."

"Baby, you only have this year and next left," her mother comforted.

"That's two more years than I should have to deal with those people," Angeline said. You don't know what I know, Mom. My friends and I got called dumbass, blondie, and bitch by some kid with glasses and a peg leg. I had to beg their dickwad ex-football captain to go out on a date with Honey after he cancelled it. They are the worst.

She stood up from her seat. "I'm going to get ready," she sighed, and she made her way up to her room once more. "Thanks for breakfast!" she called back to her mom.

Angeline's thoughts were now on how much she dreaded school today. Hurray! There went her good mood.

As she pulled on her blue jean shirt and pants, her mind went to how she could best avoid all Ambridgers. Could she say that she had a skin condition and feign a reaction to them when they came near? Could she conjure up a force field? How could she do it?

She sighed softly, making her way to the bathroom and getting ready as she thought about all of it. Her white teeth and straight, untangled hair didn't provide any answers, and even her good perfume did nothing to help.

Sighing, she got her purse around, making sure that everything was in place, and she grabbed her backpack. She bent down next to her dogs, who had followed her around the whole time, and she babbled at them. "I'm gonna miss you girls," she cooed. "I'll see you when I get home."

She grabbed her keys from the front pocket of her purse and walked to the kitchen to say goodbye to her mother.

"Are you headed out, Angel?" her mom asked, giving her a hug.

"I'm about to," she said.

"Be careful today. Don't get yourself in trouble." She kissed her temple. "Hold your head high. Don't look down at them, or you'll drop your crown, princess."

Angeline smiled. "Thanks, Mom."

• • • • • • •​

When she pulled up to the school, Angeline sat in her car for a minute, letting "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga fade into "Soul Sister" by Train. This...today...ugh.

She could do without a pep talk from herself. That would just make things worse.

"What's my line here?" she mumbled, looking for her backpack. "What is it I'm supposed to say?" She grabbed up her back and checked her reflection in the rearview mirror. "'Today's going to be a good day' or something like that?"

She slipped her backpack onto her back and picked up her purse, and she locked her car until it beeped behind her, and then clicked her lock one more time and heard it beep once more. Just in case, you know.

She made her way inside, overhearing the teachers mention something about a buddy system. Good Lord, now she would be forced to talk to one of them? Double, major ew.

She strutted in, smirking at the people who looked at her. The Ambridgers weren't going to bring her down. Her mom was right. If she looked at them, she'd be looking down and letting her crown fall off her head.

She found a seat at the front of the auditorium, sat her purse in the seat to her left and her backpack in the seat to her right, and sent Val and Honey a quick text:

Are you here? I'm at the front right of the auditorium. Saved you two some seats.

Last edited:
HENRIETTA THOMAS
sz7DJ33.gif
Oh for fucks sake. Henri woke up with a pointed glare aimed at her shrieking alarm clock. Is five more minutes too much to ask? Knowing that if she didn't get up now, then she probably never would, Henri threw off her tangled bedsheets and started her morning ritual.

After a quick shower and what felt like a record time for getting dressed, Henri stood in front of her mirror, mentally crossing off everything she needed to do. Teeth? Check. Clothes? Check. Hair... Aw fuck... Looking at her knotted hair and then at her mess of a room, she realised she was running out of time until the bus was due for pick up. Spying a grey beanie on the edge of her bed, she shoved it on, looked once more in the mirror and considered her problem fixed. She shrugged on her well-worn dark army jacket, which was paired with her faded jeans and one of the black shirts found on the floor of her room. I will need to do a load of washing later today. Sparing one last glance at her messy room and unmade bed, she rushed to the kitchen to grab a toast.

"Henri..?"

Stopping in her tracks, Henri turned to the younger girl who had called her name. "Hey Liz, you doing ok?" Henri's younger sister of 12 years, Elizabeth, had been fighting a cold over the weekend and from the look of her sweaty face, it was still working its way through the little girl.

"Yeah. I hate this, being sick sucks. I want to be at school!"

Henri chuckled at the irony of things. "Trust me, if I could switch places with you today, I would." Elizabeth just frowned at Henri. "Oh right. You start at Auburn Springs today." Elizabeth yawned, and glanced back at her bed and Henri understood the meaning.

"Yup. Its going to be so much fun. Anyways, I need to get going. Let me know if you're getting better by the end of the day. If not, I can probably stop off by the store on my way home to pick up some more cold and flu tablets for you."

"Thanks Henri."

Shutting the door, Elizabeth retreated back into bed. Without looking back, Henri entered the kitchen and noticed a post-it note stuck to the fridge from her mom. Had an early shift this morning - See you girls later tonight, so be safe! Love, mom. Henri rolled her eyes at the note, not buying the fake concern her mom expressed. I wonder where that concern was a few months ago when you were high off your face. A spark of anger flared in her eyes, but she quickly smothered it. Today was not the day to get angry. Grabbing a muesli bar and last nights leftovers for lunch, she shoved the food into her faded brown satchel and made for the front door. Henri speed walked out of the house and down her street to the bus stop, arriving just in time to join the back of lineup for the next bus to Auburn Springs.

Henri ended up having to stand on the bus, but she didn't mind. Sitting made her feel trapped anyways. She took this opportunity to pull out her headphones, starting up her playlist with some Green Day before going to town on her muesli bar. Before long, the bus was emptying and Henri took in her first sight of Auburn Springs. The school screamed money and influence, and by the looks of it, so did its native inhabitants. With bright colours, short skirts and designer bags, it was easy for Henri to pick out those that were Auburn Springs born and raised.

As long as they stay out of my way, i'll stay out of theirs. Glancing at some signs with large arrows, Henri was directed by a teacher to the auditorium for... buddies? What the fuck? I'm not fucking five. I don't need someone to hold my hand and sing kumbaya... This is fucking ridiculous. With another glare at the sign with the arrow, Henri trailed the throng of students making their way to the auditorium. I just had one more year of hard work to go then I was meant to be out of this town... Just one more year! Now I'm here. I don't need anymore shit or drama added to my plate...

Distracted by her thoughts, Henri missed the last step on the stairs leading to the auditorium and fell, sprawling across the cold, cobblestoned ground. Henri was pretty sure she could hear the sniggers of laughter coming from the other students, and felt her cheeks warm up in embarrassment. Fucking great. Just what I needed. She hopped up quickly, directing a icy glare to the nearest chuckling student, and collected her books that had fallen from her satchel. Henri then swiftly made her way to a seat at the back of the auditorium, placing her satchel on the seat on her left. Fuck this school. I'm done with it already.

Ryan Murphy

Ryan really hadn’t meant to break his nose the night before his big debut at Rich Bitch Central. Yet there he was, rolled over onto his back on the gravel, a throbbing pain in the centre of his face and blood rolling in smooth drops down his pale cheek. Somewhere to his left, his glasses sat cracked and misshapen but it wasn’t anything a little bit of glue and tape couldn’t fix.

Despite the pain from the break in his nose and the ringing in his ears from smacking his head off of the ground, Ryan laughed. He had really done it this time! He got that stupid fucking bike to run! Sure, he hadn’t expected it to shoot off like a bullet into a misplaced concrete barrier but hey, the damn thing turned on! Ryan had been tinkering with that motorcycle for weeks and, if he was being honest, almost returned it to the junkyard that he… Found it in.

Sitting up, Ryan’s hand instantly went to his nose, calloused fingers gently tracing the sides of the bridge. Hitting a tender spot, Ryan hissed in pain before, in one swift motion, cracking the spot back into place. He hopped to his feet, face scrunching up in pain as his mouth expelled a long line of rather creative swear words that included the word ‘fuck’ at least seven times. When the pain began to recede and the blood began to clot, Ryan dusted off his jacket and pants and began to scrounge around for his glasses; a task that proved difficult because, on all accounts, Ryan was nearly legally blind without them.

Crunch.

“Oh fucking fuck.”

Underneath his boot, the sound of glass crackling into hundreds of little shards rang into the stilling night air. He was afraid to lift his foot but slowly convinced himself to do so. The worst had been confirmed: he had just crushed one of his lenses with his big foot.

Picking up the rest of what remained of his glasses, Ryan surveyed the damage. Yeah, there was no way those would be getting fixed. With a heavy sigh, Ryan shoved the remains into his pocket and began walking towards the bike which had fizzled out and fallen over after it had ejected Ryan over the concrete block. At least it still looked somewhat intact!

Hiding the motorcycle under a clever canopy of garbage and tarp, Ryan grabbed his bag and made his way home. Where was home exactly, you may find yourself asking? At the present? In some dirty ass alleyway where his neighbours were rats and his housemates a bunch of lowlife druggies. It was so absolutely gross that Ryan missed the cold confines of the cell he had spent the last months in.

The walk wasn’t long, only about twenty minutes. Ambridge had died down with the shops closing for the night and the evening services moving to the more reserved parts of town. Cars still littered the road, kids still played in the streets, beggars still begged. Though for some insulting reason, they never seemed to ask Ryan for his change. He still gave what he had on him, of course. One time, someone asked him if he was joining her to get some money. Ryan was rather taken aback by this offer. What did she think he was, homeless or something? Well, if that was the case, she would have been 100% correct.

“Ah there’s my boy.” A voice coughed out, a wheezing breath following the words. Ryan’s back instantly straightened. My boy. Yeah fucking right.

“I’m surprised you’re even awake after that hit you took earlier. What a fucking shame that you are.” Ryan scoffed, walking down further into the alleyway.

“Watch how you’re speaking to your father, James.” Another voice followed, unexpectedly deep. Ryan’s hands clenched by his sides at the mention of his real first name. No one called him that, not anymore.

“Fuck off.” He spat, throwing his bag up onto the lowest level of the fire escape above him. A symphony of voices began to scold him as he jumped up, hands grabbing the ledge as he hoisted himself up onto the metal bottom of the fire escape. Home sweet fucking home.

Ryan paid no mind to the people below, including his own father who had joined in yelling at him about ‘respecting the one who gave him life’. He was exhausted and all he really wanted was to sleep. Collapsing backwards onto the pile of discarded blankets he had made into a bed, Ryan pulled his satchel under his head and held it tight. Everything he owned, everything important, was in that bag. Not that any of the drunken or stoned coots below could get up to the escape to steal his shit anyhow, but Ryan still instinctively held onto it like a lifeline.

“‘S it true you’re gon’ to that fancy ‘chool ‘cross the way? You too good ‘or us now, Jamesy?”

Rolling over onto his side, Ryan did his best to block out their chattering. He had a long day ahead of him tomorrow.

╞═════𖠁𐂃𖠁═════╡​

Walking to school the next morning was a challenge. Ryan’s body ached and burned with every step, the brittle morning air burning his face. The last thing he wanted to do that day was to go to a new school, especially in Auburn Springs. Hell, he had never even stepped foot in that place before, how did they expect him to roll up and just assimilate to the rich bitch culture?

The whole black eye thing and clearly busted nose definitely wasn’t helping either.

When the school came into view, Ryan regretted his decision getting up that morning. Was it too late to run away? Did he even really need a GED? Nah, he could leave right? They totally wouldn’t miss him. But what of his friends? They needed him, didn’t they?

Of fucking course they did, why else would Ryan still be in Ambridge if it wasn’t to be there for them?

Reluctantly, Ryan pulled open the menacing front doors and stepped inside and, as far as Ryan was concerned, into an alternate dimension. Everything was so polished and maintained, like nothing was anywhere by accident. And then there were the people. Why did they all look like they just rolled out of a magazine instead of out of bed? Ryan found himself fixing his hair, or at least making an attempt. Who was he kidding, his face was busted up, no one was buying that shit.

He found his way to the auditorium (who the hell calls a gym an ‘auditorium’?) and scanned the crowd for familiar faces. Nope, too bottled blonde, too short, too tall, too siliconey, too steroidy… Laughing? Ryan craned his head around the group of snickering to a shorter head of brunette hair bursting through the auditorium doors opposite to Ryan, beelining for an empty seat right at the back. Bingo.

Ryan pushed his way through the crowd, nodding a few good mornings and scooting along the rows until he was in the row in front of Henrietta. Sitting down backwards in the chair, Ryan flashed his friend a signature Murph Man grin.

“Good morning, dearest Henri. Had a rough morning, did you?” Ryan asked. Though his concern was genuine, there was a playfulness laced in his voice that was always present when he spoke in person. Leaning forward, Ryan leaned against the back of the chair and rested his chin on the backs of his hands. “Kidding, of course. How’s it actually going? Excited for this whole first day bullshit? I think I heard something about some buddy system. Do they think we’re two or something? I wonder if we’ll get a kindergarten rope.”

Leave it to Ryan to have an entire conversation with himself with a friend sitting right in front of him. Pausing he looked around, his eyebrows furrowing.

“Where the fuck is everyone? They better not have bailed.”

auditorium (what fucking fancy ass place has an auditorium?!?!)

mood

'this place feels too rich for me'

outfit

with that matching black eye ; )

tags

henri Nixiee Nixiee
coded by natasha.

tumblr_inline_pdqbde0dgX1vxephr_1280.gif
tumblr_inline_pd41c4AxNs1vxephr_1280.gif
tumblr_inline_pdqbioUBiV1vxephr_1280.gif
tumblr_inline_pd41hsZMNz1vxephr_1280.gif

🍯 HONEY GRANDIS 🍯
outfit
house / bedroom / closet
tags: Winona Winona , ditto ditto

The warm sunshine filtered into Honey's room through the large windows, illuminating the room. Her alarm clock started to play a lovely angelic wake up song. It would've been an incredible wake up if it wasn't for her fluffy brown dog, Angel. For whatever reason, Angel hated Honeys alarm clock and insisted on barking at it every time it played. Sitting straight up, the blonde removed her eye mask and stretched. Turning off her alarm clock, the little dog eagerly started to kiss her.
"Good morning Angel..." she said quietly, giving the dog scratches under her chin. Angel must have heard something though, because just like that she took off. Taking time to step on her beautiful cat,
Jewel on her way out. Honey made sure to rub the cats head before getting up. Walking out of her room, through the long hallway, and down the large staircase, Honey made her way to the kitchen.

Her father was already sitting at the table eating breakfast. Giving him a soft kiss on the head before sitting down. The maid quickly ran over with a plate for her. Egg whites, a piece of avocado toast, and a glass of fresh pressed juice. A skinny morning meal. Her father seemed too interested in whatever he was reading to greet her, so she ate in silence. Honey didn't mind though. Her dad had always been about business. He was probably working on a case, there was like tons of reading when you were a lawyer. She had other things on her mind anyways.
Hmm... I wonder what I should wear today... It isn't the first day of school but it is the first day the Bridgers will be there so I gotta look sharp. Plus it's gonna be my first time meeting Mason so I'll wait to make a good impression... He said he wanted help being shown around AS but I don't really know what he means... Maybe help finding his classes or something? Regardless I need to look really cute today... Her dads commanding voice brought her back from her thoughts about cute outfits and even cuter boys.

"Honey? When did you get down here?"
"Daddy I've been down here eating for like a few minutes. I even gave you a kiss on the forehead. You can be so clueless some times! Anyways what are you reading?"
"Some paperwork on my upcoming case... Nothing you should be concerning yourself with. Isn't today the day those filthy fucking bridge kids are coming to Auburn Springs?"
"Yes, daddy but they seem to be really nice kids! I've talked to a few of them online. I'm even showing one of them around!"
"Bad fucking idea Honey. I'll tell you what god dammit. It is a disgrace that your principal allowed them to come to your school. I didn't want you around that scum for a reason! Makes my blood boil. If I wouldn't look like an asshole for suing the whole school district I would. Who are you showing around? Doing a make over situation? Taking some ghetto bridge girl and making her into a respectable young woman?"
"They really aren't that bad! And you aren't suing anyone... But no. It's not a girl. That would be fun though... I'll talk to Val and Angie about it later."
"What do you mean it's not a girl? Who the fuck is it?"
"Okay... Promise you won't get mad? It's..... Mason Rivera...."
"WHAT? RIVERA? ARE YOU SHITTING ME? HONEY GRANDIS I SWEAR YOU'LL BE THE DEATH OF ME!" The dark haired Italian man screamed, banging his fists on the table. He started getting all red and the vein popped out of his forehead. Quickly getting up from the table, the blonde retreated to her room. Closing her bedroom door, she focused on getting ready. Taking a warm shower, shaving, doing her hair, her make up... Now it was her favorite part. Choosing an outfit. Going down the spiral staircase to the ridiculously large walk in closet. Her father had let Honey move into the master bedroom so she could have the biggest closet, after her mother died. She was always super grateful for her father giving her access to her mothers large closet.
Thankfully she had been thinking long and hard about which outfit she wanted to wear. She decided that boys like skirts, they were cute and feminine. Choosing a monochrome plaid skirt from one of the many drawers, she slid it over her hips into place. A simple white undershirt tucked in would work. She had a perfectly matching cardigan with white feathers on the end of her sleeves. Accessorizing with a pair of pearl earrings and a few rings, she felt the outfit was nearly complete. A pair of white heeled mary-janes would complete this look. Doing a little twirl in the full body mirror, she applauded herself at the work well done.
Grabbing her purse, that also functioned as her backpack, her phone, and her keys she was ready to leave. Her dad had already left to go to work, so she didn't have to hear another lecture about the bridge kids. Skipping out to her bubblegum pink Volkswagen bug, she climbed inside. Throwing her bag in the passenger seat, putting her sunglasses on, then putting her favorite playlist on she was ready to go.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡♡♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

After a quick stop at Starbucks, Honey made her way to school with time to spare. Checking herself out in the small car mirror one last time before going in, her phone buzzed. It was a text from Angie who said she had saved her and Val seats. Sending a quick thank you, Honey put her phone away in her bag. Swiping on some clear sparkly gloss she felt ready to go on about her day. The click clack of her heels against the pavement made a satisfying sound as she walked into the doors of her lovely school.

She made her way to the auditorium, saying hello to a few acquaintances along the way. Honey scanned the auditorium with hawk like vision trying to find Mason. She saw two heads, a big one and a small one. The big one had dark brown hair, so she figured that was Mason and the littler head probably belonged to his brother. Plus they were sitting in the middle with no one around them. Confidently walking through the isle the brothers were in she lightly touched Mason's shoulder.
"Good morning! Mason I brought you a little something. My way of saying welcome to Auburn Springs! It's a chocolatey chip frap! Dani said she thought you would like something like this..."
the girl said sweetly, handing the drink over to Mason. Looking over at Drake, she felt bad that she didn't have anything to offer him.
"Drake I'm sorry I didn't bring you something... I'll make it up to you later!" Thankfully she didn't think Drake was the angry type so she had nothing to worry about. Looking back to Mason, she felt a little weak in the knees. Sure she saw hot guys like every day but Mason was different. His bad boy qualities were something that the Springs had sorely been missing. He even had the tall, dark and handsome thing happening. Honey was eating up every bite. Her eyes surfed the crowds to see Angie up front with two empty seats, just like she said she was.
"Well I'll see you guys around. If you need anything let me know okay?" Smiling brightly at the two, she turned around to walk away. Leaving only a chocolatey drink and the smell of roses and honey for the boys. Honey made her way to front, sliding into her chair next to Angie.
"Angie oh my fucking god Mason is even hotter in person. I'm like totally not a slut anymore but if I was... The things I would do to him. Anyways thanks for saving me a seat!"

#ed7ee0

Ashley had woken up on the floor.
The first thing she felt was something similar to a cuncossion. She grumbled, to herself as she rubbed the back of her head. Of all the days to have one of her “crazy dreams”? She cringed at the thought of her fellow ambridgers discovering that she had discovered those kinds of dreams.

She quickly jumped out of bed, hoping to change the sheets quickly before her father discovered them. Checking the clock, her eyes widened in realization that she should be getting ready to go to Auburn Springs soon. She dashed to her closet, grabbing a t shirt, and regular pants. Though extraordinarily basic, it did look good and recruited minimal effort. She quickly changed the sheets, and walked to the kitchen.

“Morning Pumkin.” Her father ruffled her hair as he saw her walk in. “Pumkin? Since when am I pumpkin?” She laughed giving him a quick hug. “Well all the other rich kids have embarrassing nicknames from their parents like Snookie, and Booboo. Why should you feel left out?” He teased. She rolled her eyes grabbing the lunch. “There’s enough for Oliver right?” She made sure to ask since she had a feeling that if it was a normal lunch, then Oliver wouldn’t eat so much.

She walked out, not bothering to eat breakfast. She didn’t have to worry about keeping her energy up since there was no football today(Though she made a mental reminder to ask about trying out.).

She took a bus to school that day. Though she didn’t see any of her friends, she did make acquaintances with a few Springers. It was better than nothing. As the bus stopped, she walked down to stand in front of the school.

“So this is Auburn Springs.” She whispered to herself, before chasing after the first Ambridger she saw.
Ashley Park
code by valen t.

if i get high enough

Milo knew there was somewhere he was supposed to be as he stared up at his ceiling fan and watched it rotate, pondering the shape of pizza. He'd been awake since around midnight, when he'd smoked a joint which was still taking effect but starting to wear off. His mother had knocked on his door before she'd left for work, reminding him to get on a bus for some reason? He was brought out of his thoughts by his phone buzzing incessantly beside him, and he spotted messages in the Ambridge group chat. That seemed relevant to what he was trying to remember... oh. It was a school day, wasn't it? Duh. He forgot what time school was supposed to start, so he looked it up, only to see a bunch of articles about Ambridge High School burning down? That was insane. He tweeted with and at his friends to try and figure out where he was supposed to go to school, and they dutifully reminded him that they were moving into the Auburn Springs school today, and that he'd probably missed the bus. Fudge.

His dad worked from home, so Milo would have to ask him to drive. He rolled out of bed and opened his closet, rummaging around in there for, like, half an hour, ending up with a cropped white tank top that stated 'Satan is Waitin', a blue and black plaid skirt help up by a black belt, black stockings and garters that were studded at the top and black combat boots. He accessorized with his usual mix of earrings, necklaces and bracelets. Once dressed and ready, a singular notepad and a pen that he wasn't even sure worked, he made his way downstairs and into his father's office. His dad was facing away from him, typing away on a desktop.

"Dad, can you drive me to school?" Milo asked, leaning against the doorframe.

His father jumped and whirled around, gaping at Milo but barely taking a second glance at his outfit. "Milo, why are you here? I thought you left?"

Milo laughed and shook his head. "Nah, I forgot, and the guys are saying I probably missed the bus," he held up his phone helpfully.

"Are you high? No smoking before school, Milo," his dad sighed, but stood out of his chair and grabbed his car keys from his desk. "Get in the car."

Milo grinned - although it sucked that he wasn't allowed to smoke before school anymore - and turned to head out, but his father's voice behind him stopped him. "Um, Milo, are we sure about this outfit?"

Milo only blinked and glanced down at himself. "Yeah. Why? You don't think it looks good?"

His dad hesitated, then smiled slightly and nodded. "You look fine. Car. Now."

Milo raced to the car, his father following closely behind him, and soon they were off. Milo wondered if they'd be late, but ultimately decided that everything would be fine. He spent the majority of the car ride texting his friends - and Silas, but Milo considered them friends - and having his dad lecture him about smoking and staying on top of schoolwork, and on how to defend himself at one point. Milo still didn't really get why his dad thought the skirt would cause him problems. Like, it was just a skirt.

Once they pulled up at school, as close to the auditorium as they could get, Milo's father gave him a hug, scolded him once more, and told him to have a good day. Milo tumbled out of the car and tried to remember if there was a certain entrance to the auditorium he was supposed to use, then saw a group of teenagers - a couple Ambridge kids that he recognised mixed in - heading in through one way, so he followed them inside. Once in, he scanned the rows of kids for someone he knew, oblivious to the many looks he was getting, and spotted Drake. His heart did a little flip, which was weird, but him and Drake were just super good friends. Milo bounded over like an oversized puppy, then squeezed past everyone he needed to to get to his friend. "Drake!" he exclaimed once he was up to Mason, and tripped over Mason's foot, almost flashing him in the process. He recovered quickly to regain his balance but ended up landing in Drake's lap, his arms instinctively wrapping around Drake's neck.

Milo just grinned up at his friend, unable to find anything wrong with this position, so not making any effort at all to move. "Heeeey, man."
milo
MOOD: yoooooo

OUTFIT: king

INTERACTIONS: Winona Winona
code by valen t.

Last edited:

Drake was blabbering on about something and to be honest, Mason had totally zoned out part of the way through. He nodded his head and offered yeahs and oh wows when he thought they were called for. But for the most part, Mason was too tense to listen to whatever the fuck his brother was on about.

Honey approaching them was a surprise in and of itself. Mason straightened up and looked at her with a smile -- a rare occurrence for the guy, but hey, he had to try and charm her, you know? He took the drink from her, slightly cussing Dani out in his head for picking something so... sweet. Oh well. He'd let Drake have it or something.

"Hey, thanks," he said. "You didn't have to but it's appreciated."

"Oh it's cool, I'll just steal some of it from Mason." Drake piped up next to him. Mason looked over at his little brother right as the dumbass pulled his sunglasses down to cover his eyes. Was he trying to look cool or some shit? Because it wasn't fucking working and his brother was just looking dumber by the second.

Mason turned his attention back to Honey as she spoke again. "Will do. Thanks again, Honey." He said -- again, with that half-hearted smile of his. He waited until Honey had walked away before he let the smile drop from his face.

Drake snatched the drink from his hand and took a sip. "Hmm," he said as he handed it back to Mason, smacking his lips loudly as he did so. "Interesting flavor. Almost like hot chocolate. Way better than the shit we make at home. No wonder rich girls spend twelve dollars on this stuff." He said with a laugh.

He rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat, taking a sip of the beverage as he pulled his phone out to check Twitter. The group. See where everyone was and get his mind off of the whole situation. Drake was right, though, it did taste better than any shit they made at home. However, it wasn't worth what fucking rich girls paid for it.

And then, the conversation somehow turned to him with Sly freaking the fuck out over him talking to Honey. Now, Mason had never fully understood the whole issue Bridgers had with fucking girls across the bridge. Like, he got in and he didn't. Mason knew the kind of girls they hung around and he couldn't really see himself dating any of them -- fuck, none of them wanted to date him, either -- and Auburn Springs girls were--

Fuck, he did have a type.

However, the situation took a dark turn when it turned to half-breeds. He'd dealt with that shit before when it came to Ari, but it didn't mean the term didn't get his blood boiling. He clenched his jaw and his grip tightened around the cup in his hand. It was the dumbest fucking term -- plus it didn't hurt him, it hurt Ari. Mason could handle a million insults hurled at him every day, but the moment it was turned onto Ariana, it would feel like he couldn't breathe.

He was still seething and trying to keep himself from hurling the drink when someone tripped over his foot. Mason was prepared to go off on whoever it was, but that was before he realized it was Milo and watched as the boy -- wearing a fucking skirt -- tumbled into Drake's lap. Instead of going off, Mason was left speechless.

His phone beeped again and he looked back at it.

Mistake.

Mason couldn't fucking do this. He was on edge.

He stood up from his seat and pocketed his phone. "Give Milo your fucking hoodie -- pretty sure that shirt goes against school dress code," his tone was clipped and he could tell by the way the smile faltered on Drake's face that his bumbling idiot of a brother had caught onto something. "I'm going to fucking smoke. Call me when this shit's over, okay?"

"Okay." Drake replied.

With a wavering breath, Mason pushed his way out of the row and headed out of the auditorium. He walked as fast as he fucking could without drawing too much attention to himself, but it was harder to push through the crowd when you were going against it. Plus, he didn't even know his fucking way around this fucking school or how to get the fuck outside where no one would see him.

Eventually, he managed to shove his way outside and head behind the school where there was no one. He was blissfully, perfectly alone. His phone buzzed again and he checked to see if it was Drake, but it wasn't -- it was those fuckers trying to apologize to him. Well, fuck them. Fuck every single one of them. They were faker than the botox-induced bitches that now surrounded him at this stupid school.

He shoved his phone into his back pocket and then patted the pocket of his flannel. Cigarettes. Mason pulled the box out and went to grab the lighter with his other hand, only to remember that the fucking Starbucks was in his fucking hand. That was the last straw. This stupid fucking drink in his fucking hand, so he threw it at the building as hard as he could. Hot frap-whatever exploded against the building and spattered across the asphalt, but fuck it.

Mason pulled out a cigarette and placed it in his mouth. He found his lighter and lit it and deeply inhaled before exhaling, slowly. It was like those breathing exercises and shit they used to tell him to do to calm himself down. And hey, it fucking worked -- as long as the inhaling and exhaling included cigarette smoke filling his lungs.

His hand was shaking a bit as he took the cigarette from his mouth and he let his breath out, slowly, his eyes falling shut as he tried to just relax.
Mason
INTERACTIONS: Honey, Milo, Drake

MENTIONS: Sly

TAGS: Zatanna Zatanna LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki fin fin
code by valen t.

OUTFIT: xxx
basics

info here

mentions

oliver Chimney Swift Chimney Swift
sly fin fin
interactions
Danielle Monroe
dani ~ seventeen ~ senior ~ bisexual ~ ambridge
Dani hadn't gotten much sleep so when her alarm clock started blaring in the morning all she wanted to do was throw the damn thing into the wall. She'd stayed up until half past midnight so she could sneak off to Oliver's house and take a bat to the car parked out front. After the way they had treated him they were honestly lucky she hadn't done more damage. Oliver was someone she felt the need to look out which was why when he'd expressed needing a place to stay she immediately offered up one of the extra rooms in her house. She didn't have to think twice, she'd have done it for any of her friends really. They just looked out for each other right?

Speaking of, she needed to make sure Oliver wasn't trying to sneak out to skip school. Not that she blamed him for wanting to ditch. The idea of attending school with the same people who constantly referred to them as mutts, street rats, and so on was irritating. There was no way the school burning down was a faulty wiring thing. Dani had her money, what little she had, on arson, or an insurance job. Either way, she wasn't very happy about the merging of the two cities. Why the hell did anyone see this as a good idea? The two towns had funded for as long as she could remember and throwing a bunch of angry, judgmental teenagers into one school just seemed....stupid.

Dani had managed to throw together her hair and put on what little makeup she did wear just as Oliver knocked on the bathroom door. "Coming!" she yelled out, slinging her backpack over her shoulder and pushing the door open. "You okay?" she asked before walking by him and towards her room. "Sly is picking us up. I have to find my combat boots before he gets here," she told him as she rummaged through her room for the shoes in question. "And you are going, Oli. We all have to go, okay? It'll be fine. Nobody is gonna fuck with you or they will have to deal with me," she added.

It wasn't long before Sly was outside honking away and Oliver was bugging her to hurry and get ready. For a guy who didn't want to go to school twenty minutes ago, he sure was in a rush now. Leaning out of her open window she waved down at him so that he wouldn't continue the honking. Especially since Oliver was asking if he should go out and tell him to stop, which she knew was a bad idea. Dani finally found her boots under the bed and slipped them on before grabbing the twenty-dollar bill she'd stolen from her mom's latest fling off her dresser. "Alright, alright. Let's go," she said as she pulled Oliver out the front door.

Honestly, between the short argument in the group chat and her own conversation via DMs with Sly, Dani wasn't in the best mood as she walked out the door. It wasn't that she was angry with anyone, in particular, she just felt like there was too many people who had been tight taking shots at each other and it was stupid. How the hell did they expect to get through the year in AS if they were fighting with their own already over the damn Springs kids? Maybe that's why she'd snapped at the airhead who clearly didn't realize what she was saying was offensive half the time. Regardless of how annoyed she was though, when she opened the car door and saw Sly sitting in the driver's seat, all of that just went away. Almost all of it.

There was still the fact that she and Sly were basically a thing without being a real thing. Sure, they were often mistaken for being a couple by people who didn't know them or their history personally just based on how they were with each other but they weren't official. They hooked up, they trusted each other with damn near everything and they had respect for each other that went above anything else. But being in an actual relationship was a step she wasn't sure they would ever really take. Maybe that did bother her but she hadn't ever said that to him. What if that wasn't what he wanted? Obviously, if he did then he would've told her that.

Climbing into the seat next to him, she looked him over once. It was easy for her to tell something was bothering him but with Oliver, in the car she wouldn't press for what that was. Instead, she dropped all the frustration from a few minutes ago and opted to flash him her signature grin. It would be stupid to be worked up by the whole Twitter shit. "Guess it's time to deal with the Springs kids, huh? Wanna smoke on the way?" she asked, pulling out a joint she'd rolled before going to bed last night from her backpack. She needed to take the edge off before this shitshow of a first day started.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

The incessant honking of Sly’s horn as he waited for Dani to come to the front of the house was going to drive Oliver absolutely insane. The noise cut right through to his brd at her.

No response. No response...

She had to be here somewhere. Surely Henri got here before he did. There was no way she couldn’t be here. She had clearly said she was, hadn’t she? When he found what he was looking for, he wasted no time pushing through the row of seats to the familiar girl, running up to her and throwing his arms around her with a sob that wracked his underfed frame; it was as if she’d been at war for a decade.

Oliver usually hated being touched. He never initiated physical contact if he could help it, ordinarily. But these past 12 hours had been the worst kind of out-of-the-ordinary.

Oliver
INTERACTIONS:: Dani, Sly, Henrietta

MENTIONS:

TAGS:
jasmyn jasmyn fin fin Nixiee Nixiee
code by valen t.

Last edited:
@nuttree says:
The pit of dread in Katee's stomach was even deeper than usual today. His breathing was shallower than usual, and he kept having to touch his inhaler to make sure that he hadn't forgotten it at home as he walked to the nearest bus stop. He usually ran to school-- but now that it'd burned down, he guessed that it wasn't really a school anymore, and he definitely wouldn't survive running to this new one, even if he had won that track-and-field day back in fourth grade.

He drew in a deep breath as he walked up to the stop and plopped down on the empty, decrepit bench. It was okay. Today couldn't be worse than any other day, right? It was just the first day at a new school.

One where he knew none of the other people besides his old peers. One where he knew none of the teachers. One where...

No, no, no, no. He was fine. He just had to not think about it. He just had to not think about how much his old peers hated him being around and how much these rich kids would hate him, too. Not think about how--

Okay. Enough of that. Just don't think at all.

That was relatively easy, because the guy didn't have a ton of thoughts anyway, aside from today, for some reason.

(Probably because he-- oh, he should stop.)

He sighed, sitting his backpack beside him on the bench and staring at it. The grey, tattered thing glared back at him, the many holes where stray pencils had pushed through the fabric looking like eyes that gazed upon him judgmentally. He gave his bag a little nudge with his fist, like it was his old friend. It kind of was. It'd stayed around longer than anyone else had-- except for Oliver, but that friend counted just a little bit, because they'd really only hung out because they were both...alone. (Though, it really didn't take much to beat the record of "how long people willingly tolerated Katee". The max, really, was like...what, three hours?) Point being, this thing had been his backpack since...third-ish grade, when it had been far too large for him. Back then, his mom had told him to suck it up, that's all you're getting.

That'd really been all he'd gotten for a backpack. He'd kept up with it, too, which was astounding, seeing as the boy lost nearly everything that he was given.

Except his virginity. It was a work in progress.

The large, worn bus squealed to a stop in front of the bus stop, and Katee stood from his spot as the pit grew in his chest again.

He could make it through the day. He knew he could. Easy? Peasy. Lemon? Squeezy.

Ish.

Okay, so he might not be the most apt to handle this. He was annoying, unattractive, and an Ambridger. He wasn't good at anything, and he ruined just about every conversation he joined in. Those who would have even slightly had the chance to like him had met him already-- they were the ones transferring with him.

Sigh.

No.

He was going to get a fresh start, he swore to himself as he stepped onto the bus. He was going to be great.

The bus was jam-packed with all kinds of people, but he pushed his way to a bench with just a sliver of space on it. "Excuse me," he said, plopping down in it despite the fact that he was squished between two people whose thighs he was nearly sitting on-- two strangers. He ignored the glares and the "get off of me buddy"s until they gave up, and the bus pulled away.

He touched his backpa--

Where was his backpack?

"Shit!" muttered the goody-two-shoes. The hole in his chest swelled into more panic, and he reached for his inhaler, hoping that he wasn't about to hyperventilate.

He'd forgotten his bag at the bus stop.

• • • • •​

When he'd stepped off at the bus stop near the school-- by near the school, he meant a tenth a mile from the school (that was what he got for picking a route that he thought would be less populated, huh?)-- his thoughts had all been focused on his backpack and how he would ask his mom for a new one, and, by the time the asthmatic freak reached the school parking lot, his thoughts were still in the same place.

It was a big deal, okay?

He looked about himself. He felt very awkward and even more very unconfident (was "even more very" a phrase that he could use?) without his bag on.

Maybe if he hadn't been so alert, on edge, and over-the-shoulder-looking, he wouldn't've noticed the kid smoking in his car.

But he was all of those things, so he noticed the kid smoking in his car.

The kid who had threatened to fight him on Twitter-- yup. Silas.

And he was smoking?

Katee's tattletale self's alarm bells were dinging.

Waltzing up to the car, Katee stared at Silas. He knocked on the window three times with his knuckles when he arrived, eyes set with "righteous fury".
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE

{ MOOD }
+ "righteously furious" +

{ LOCATION }
+ the school parking lot +

{ OUTFIT }
+ [insert super unfashionable fake hypebeast clothes here] +

{ INTERACTIONS }
+ silas +

{ MENTIONS }
+ oliver +

{ TAGS }
+ Zatanna Zatanna +

KATEE NAUSBAUM
♬ "i'm scared of what they'll do; when they find the truth" ♬

The pit of dread in Katee's stomach was even deeper than usual today. His breathing was shallower than usual, and he kept having to touch his inhaler to make sure that he hadn't forgotten it at home as he walked to the nearest bus stop. He usually ran to school-- but now that it'd burned down, he guessed that it wasn't really a school anymore, and he definitely wouldn't survive running to this new one, even if he had won that track-and-field day back in fourth grade.

He drew in a deep breath as he walked up to the stop and plopped down on the empty, decrepit bench. It was okay. Today couldn't be worse than any other day, right? It was just the first day at a new school.

One where he knew none of the other people besides his old peers. One where he knew none of the teachers. One where...

No, no, no, no. He was fine. He just had to not think about it. He just had to not think about how much his old peers hated him being around and how much these rich kids would hate him, too. Not think about how--

Okay. Enough of that. Just don't think at all.

That was relatively easy, because the guy didn't have a ton of thoughts anyway, aside from today, for some reason.

(Probably because he-- oh, he should stop.)

He sighed, sitting his backpack beside him on the bench and staring at it. The grey, tattered thing glared back at him, the many holes where stray pencils had pushed through the fabric looking like eyes that gazed upon him judgmentally. He gave his bag a little nudge with his fist, like it was his old friend. It kind of was. It'd stayed around longer than anyone else had-- except for Oliver, but that friend counted just a little bit, because they'd really only hung out because they were both...alone. (Though, it really didn't take much to beat the record of "how long people willingly tolerated Katee". The max, really, was like...what, three hours?) Point being, this thing had been his backpack since...third-ish grade, when it had been far too large for him. Back then, his mom had told him to suck it up, that's all you're getting.

That'd really been all he'd gotten for a backpack. He'd kept up with it, too, which was astounding, seeing as the boy lost nearly everything that he was given.

Except his virginity. It was a work in progress.

The large, worn bus squealed to a stop in front of the bus stop, and Katee stood from his spot as the pit grew in his chest again.

He could make it through the day. He knew he could. Easy? Peasy. Lemon? Squeezy.

Ish.

Okay, so he might not be the most apt to handle this. He was annoying, unattractive, and an Ambridger. He wasn't good at anything, and he ruined just about every conversation he joined in. Those who would have even slightly had the chance to like him had met him already-- they were the ones transferring with him.

Sigh.

No.

He was going to get a fresh start, he swore to himself as he stepped onto the bus. He was going to be great.

The bus was jam-packed with all kinds of people, but he pushed his way to a bench with just a sliver of space on it. "Excuse me," he said, plopping down in it despite the fact that he was squished between two people whose thighs he was nearly sitting on-- two strangers. He ignored the glares and the "get off of me buddy"s until they gave up, and the bus pulled away.

He touched his backpa--

Where was his backpack?

"Shit!" muttered the goody-two-shoes. The hole in his chest swelled into more panic, and he reached for his inhaler, hoping that he wasn't about to hyperventilate.

He'd forgotten his bag at the bus stop.

• • • • •​

When he'd stepped off at the bus stop near the school-- by near the school, he meant a tenth a mile from the school (that was what he got for picking a route that he thought would be less populated, huh?)-- his thoughts had all been focused on his backpack and how he would ask his mom for a new one, and, by the time the asthmatic freak reached the school parking lot, his thoughts were still in the same place.

It was a big deal, okay?

He looked about himself. He felt very awkward and even more very unconfident (was "even more very" a phrase that he could use?) without his bag on.

Maybe if he hadn't been so alert, on edge, and over-the-shoulder-looking, he wouldn't've noticed the kid smoking in his car.

But he was all of those things, so he noticed the kid smoking in his car.

The kid who had threatened to fight him on Twitter-- yup. Silas.

And he was smoking?

Katee's tattletale self's alarm bells were dinging.

Waltzing up to the car, Katee stared at Silas. He knocked on the window three times with his knuckles when he arrived, eyes set with "righteous fury".

Last edited:

Serenity

OUTFIT: here
INTERACTIONS: raven
MENTIONS:
TAGS: Soap Soap

“Oh most definitely, I’m gonna buy so much shit. Ya girl is gonna eat great for months, the fridge is about to be stocked and bills paid. Rochelle is slowly starting to get behind and I wouldn’t be surprised if she stops paying all together. I’m not trying to be without lights or running water.” Ren spoke as if it was nothing or if she was talking about something as boring as the weather. The fact that her mother was slowly but surely, leaving her life didn’t phase her or rather she liked to tell herself it didn’t. After all, she couldn’t miss what she never had to begin with.

She slipped her phone into her bra. She wasn’t sure if they were allowed or not but she wasn’t taking any chances. She could afford to have her phone taken away since it was literally how she did her business, as well as acquire the last gossip or secrets. Ren turned her attention to Revan. “Yeah that’s true. One of his many, many, flaws. But whatever, I still think they should have fought it out but that’s my opinion.” Ren shrugged her bare shoulders. “If someone were to talk about my kid like that I’d have their head, no cap.”

Ren couldn’t help but blink at Raven real slow and then scrunch up her nose in disgust. “If it’s anything other than my presence then he’s out of luck. But I doubt it. Despite Dexter being his name he’s...how do I put this nicely? An idiot. And real naive.” Ren shook her head as she remembered the conversation between the two of them. “He’ll probably be satisfied with thinking that we’re friends, which is weird but I’m not complaining ha.” She smirked smugly. It had been far too easy to con the poor boy but again Ren wasn’t complaining. “But anyway, I heard that we’re gonna be paired up. I’d love to be placed with Valerie. It would really make my day.” Ren laughed deviously. “If not then maybe Dexter so I can run his pockets a little more. I wonder how rich he is though, wouldn’t want the funds to dry up quickly.”

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
sly old fish

"Why do girls take so long to get ready?" Sly asked himself with another firm press at the center of the staring wheel. He was more pissy than usual because of the switching of schools, it was making him erratic and frustrated. The sight of Dani looking out of the window was enough to calm him down though. He sighed, and returned the wave, before reclining into his seat and clicking onto the Twitter app. Big mistake.

While agitated and upset, Sly might've made one or two comments that were out of line, even for him, but he still vividly believed he was within reason. It was clear who'd burned down their school, another insatiable Auburn Springs kid, and it wasn't his fault that the idea of one of his closest friends mingling with one of them in a climate like this made him uneasy. A year ago, Sly wouldn't give a fuck who Mason slept with, but now just wasn't the time. No consolation from the older Rivera brother would make him think things would go slow in a relationship where Mason was involved.

And then he said it. Half-breed. He shouldn't have brought up Ari, Mason's daughter, yet in the heat of frustration he had. That was out of bounds, even for him, and so Sly was forced to give a couple half-assed apologies, and a genuine one to Mason... One he'd have to elaborate on later in person. If Mason was willing to talk. He honestly wasn't sure what his friend was thinking, and the divide caused that morning only fueled his distaste for this coming school year. Not to talk of the fact that he'd pissed off the one person who was always down for him, Dani. Sly's teeth ground tight against one another with every word he typed out. Not being able to see Danielle's expressions, and imagining her as she read those texts-- it was killing him.

The car shook violently as Sly forced his fist onto the headboard. Luckily nothing was broken in his second fit of anger today, though he discarded his phone into the cup holder moments after.

He spent the rest of the time alone playing with the dice hanging over the mirror, thinking about just how shitty the rest of the day would be if Dani remained upset. Thankfully though, her arrival was much different than he'd expected. Sly took only one glance at the joint, but spent an even longer moment just analyzing Dani. He wanted to cough out the words, "I'm sorry," but he just couldn't. Sly Cosgrove took, and he took because he had to. He never had to apologize for any of the actions he made, yet in this scenario his heart was telling him otherwise.

"Yeah, just light her up." Sly responded, and broke the silence. "You look great." He added with court smirk before accelerating ahead. Sly wasn't the emotional type, and he enjoyed keeping it like that. The subtle smirk, he hoped, was enough to tell Dani he was alright. That Twitter hadn't fucked anything up between them.

The ride to Auburn Springs wasn't a long one, especially with how fast Sly drove, and how slow the effects of the weed made him feel. It only took running a couple red lights, and narrowly beating yellow ones, for them to arrive at the Auburn Springs grounds. Everything seemed so surreal at the school. Perfectly cut bright green grass, the side of the school walls without any sign of vandalism, hell, the school grounds didn't even have a crumpled piece of paper lying down anywhere. Sly even felt the sky was somehow more blue in this town, maybe something about the smog buildup in Ambridge.

Oliver took off rather quickly, Sly's fault for not enabling the car's child lock. It didn't matter. He'd hunt down the kid later, and set up a schedule more than fitting on how he'd be getting his homework done that semester.

For now though, it was just him and Dani left in the car. Things felt much more normal now with the third person gone, not that Oliver was particular annoying that ride. It just felt like there was so much to discuss with Dani, and it was obvious they were running out of time before school began. Still, Sly wanted to make sure shit was good before they'd be venturing into the Devil's Den. She was too important to him for any strings to be left hanging.

While he was definitely feeling an intense emotion, Sly stared ahead for the beginning of their conversation. Averting eye contact made things much easier to say. "I'm sorry about this morning." Woah, he'd apologized. That was new. "You guys, the kids from Ambridge? You mean a lot to me. I stay stupid shit when I get emotional, that's why I try not to be." He explained. Sly took a one over in Dani's direction, before looking towards the glove compartment in front of her. "Open it. I got you something 'cause I didn't want you to feel alone at this school. I hope you like it."

Tucked away in the glove compartment sat a silver necklace about 16 inches in length. Hanging on the pendant of it was an 'S' pendant, the first letter of Sly's name. Under his own gray t-shirt, a similar necklace was worn, though his boasted the letter 'D.'

mood; apologetic, anxious. | location; ambridge high parking lot. | tags; dani jasmyn jasmyn oli Chimney Swift Chimney Swift .​
too cunning for the hook.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:

Ashley’s face dropped, as the Ambridger ignored her. Sighing, she went into the auditorium to find somebody she actually knew. She looked around, hoping to avoid sitting by Springers. She quickly checked her phone, so she wouldn’t seem to be lost. She gripped her backpack, and looked around once more. ‘you can do this’ She told herself.

She listened to the orientation speech, as she scanned the rows. Why the fudge was it so hard to find Ambridgers? Had they all collectively skipped/went into closets to make out with each other?

Finally, she spotted Oliver, and Henrietta hugging. She quickly scorched herself into the seat besides Henrietta, so as not to disturb Oliver, in his broken state.

She leaned over. “You ok there buddy?” She questioned, concerned about her friend’s well being. If she was nervous about Auburn Springs then Oliver must be 10x worse than her.

Ashley Park
code by valen t.

i came, i saw

"Roman, Roman, Roman wake up!"

When the pushing and shoving didn't work, Roman was woken abruptly form his slumber by the piercing voice of Dreyjah reverberating off of the walls in his skull. "Easy, easy, Drey." Ro muttered as he managed to find his bearings. Slowly, the blur in his eyes faded, and he could see his little sister standing over him, bag on, and uniform donned for school.

"Mom's not home. She's probably with the carpenter tonight. Can you drive me? I don't want to be late on the first day." She whined.

"Lose the puppy eyes, Drey. But yeah, yeah, I'll take you." He answered, and waved a hand in dismissal. Roman enjoyed the quick, yet sweet embrace of his little sister, before she dashed off into the hall. He hadn't been home in a long time, but in the month or so he'd been back, his mother's fornication occurred far more frequently than he'd imagined. Most of the time it was just him and Dreyjah at home, and if they were lucky, his mom would leave a note suggesting where they order food from that night. In another world he'd be upset, feel cheated even, but Roman just saw his mother's action as a means of coping. Not a means he enjoyed, especially for Dreyjah's sake, but it wasn't like he expected her to be loyal to his crook of a father.

Oh! And I saw the drawings of Eden you made!" Roman almost choked at the words of Dreyjah's shouting in the hallway. "Next time don't leave your stuff out on your desk." Her footsteps faded off into the distance, but that were was enough for Roman to get up. After stuffing his belongings into his desk, he skipped into the shower to start the new day. 6LACK was playing in the background of course. Roman's outfit was simple once finished, and following a couple pumps of mousse for his hair, and his staple italian lemon cologne, he was bouncing down the mansion stairs.

"We'll get food on the way there. There's no time to make anything so c'mon." Roman ordered. Dreyjah didn't hesitate his command, and rose from her place on the living room couch towards Roman at the entrance. "Seat belt check?" Roman asked Drey seated behind him in gray Porsche Carrera. "Move on, grandma!" She snapped, and it didn't take more than that for Roman to get a move on. While lawfully abiding the stop lights, and slowing well in advance of the yellow lights, it only took Roman a half hour to get Drey some McDonald's breakfast, and dropped off at school. "Enjoy your day!" Roman called out through the window of his car. Dreyjah returned his words with a middle finger, bit another fry, and continued further down the Kiss n' Ride. Kids, pfft.

The ride to Auburn Springs High wasn't too daunting just because of how close Dreyjah's school was to it already. His driving was slower than usual because he'd only just got his license-- it wasn't like he drove all too much in New Hampshire anyways. As he pulled into the school parking lot, Roman felt a rush of nostalgia run through him. It seemed only a year ago he was drunk at semi-formal, pissing on the side of the school building. Now he liked to see himself as someone changed and different, and hopefully with the influx of Ambridge students he'd be able to prove it. Roman would be getting in no fights or altercations this year, he wasn't a hot-head anymore... at least he hoped he wasn't.

His mind seemed to be flickering solely to the matters troubling him now. While Eden brought him emotions far from despair, he couldn't help but be worried about the state of their relationship. They'd started dating on the rockiest of terms, only several weeks before his dad's arrest. Then there was him leaving the state for rehabilitation for eight months. Through all that, Eden had stayed with him, and he liked to believe she'd been loyal throughout that time too. They'd called each other on FaceTime almost every night, not to talk of him flying back home for holidays and birthdays. Still, he couldn't help but worry about what their chemistry would be like now, or even if she'd still want him after waiting so long. If his presence would only push her away.

Roman thumbed at the screen of his phone, pondering sending her a text there and then. They'd called only once that week because they were both surmounted by the chores that came with starting a new school year. Roman decided to text though, and hit send on the following: Good morning, Eden. My hands are trembling writing this, and I'm sweating the product out of my hair. It's been a long time but I'm so excited to be back here, with you. If I choke on my words when I see you it's because there's so many butterflies in my stomach right now. Love you, Eden. Xoxo.

With a sigh, he slid the phone into his pocket, and exited the car. While he was sure no one was talking about him, Roman couldn't help but feel like people were talking about him. Talking about his criminal father, adulterous mom, or he himself, for disappearing. He just kept his head low (as low as someone 6'2 could), and pushed into the school, then auditorium.

Thank god Chelsea Freud's appearance hadn't changed much in his absence. Roman smiled cheerfully at the sight of someone he missed, and in only a couple strides, was seated beside his close friend. While Chelsea busied himself throughout Roman's absence, the two had kept contact through texting, and calls here and there. Likewise for the third member of their trio, Dexter.

"Why so glum?" Roman smirked over at Chelsea as he tucked his bag between his legs, and leaned back into his seat. "I missed you, bro." He added when he was sure Chelsea's mind had absorbed the news. He was finally back. Roman brought out an arm, and stretched it over Chelsea into a bro-hug. "How's Donna? How's Mercedes? Where's Dexter? Did I miss a lot?"

And just to test the waters, maybe even as a cry of hope, Roman added, "I bet you're just as excited to have the Ambridge kids here as I am, huh?"

mood; excited, anxious. | location; auditorium. | tags; eden LowkeyLovingLoki LowkeyLovingLoki , chelsea ditto ditto , dex hery hery
i conquered.

code by low fidelity.

Last edited:
HENRIETTA THOMAS
sz7DJ33.gif
Henri didn’t even need to look up from her phone to see who had graced her with his presence, as there was only one smart ass dumb enough to call her “dearest” – Ryan Murphy.

”I’m not your dearest anything, asshole.”

Don’t let the name calling fool you, Ryan was Henri’s best friend, closest confidant and someone who never failed to cheer her up if she was having a particularly rough day. If anything, the crude nicknames she constantly called him were endearing. Sort of. Still flicking through her phone for another song, she settled on ‘Monkey Wrench’ by Foo Fighters before replying to his rambling.

“Quite frankly I wish I didn’t even get out of bed this morning. I feel like I’ve stepped from one pile of dogshit to another. Liz is still sick, I’ve already stacked it in front of all these new people and now we’re being treated as if we don’t even know how to read a fucking map? It’s a bloody disgrace.”

Henri frowned at Ryan’s final statement. She wouldn’t be terribly surprised if a few of the others from Ambridge bailed on the first day. After all, Auburn Springs was the root of all evil according to some, and many already had pre-existing feuds. One look at the twitter was was enough to confirm that.

“You’re the first person I’ve seen from Ambridge here.” Henri replied, as she glanced up at Ryan, “Besides, if they bailed we all know you would-- What the fuck did you do to your face?” Instantly, Henri’s playful, sarcastic tone was gone and concern now laced her words. She reached out none too gently to grab Ryan’s chin, twisting his head to better inspect his bruised, black eye.

“Did you get into another fight? Who the fuck do I need to lay out?” Her eyes hardened at the thought, but a raised eyebrow gave way to a silent question of hers: Are you ok? However, before Ryan could answer, the wind was knocked out of Henri as she felt a cannonball hit her midsection.

About to yank off whoever was grabbing her, Henri stilled as she realised a split second later that it was a tiny, sobbing human. Oliver, to be exact. Henri had first met Oliver at the library back at Ambridge, and over time she had embraced a protective stance over the younger kid. He always seemed to get himself into flustered or troubled states, but this was one of the first times she had seen him so panicked. She remembered her brief exchange with Oliver on twitter earlier that morning, where she had offered him her assistance. He had seemed very distraught then.

Even though she expressed a rough exterior, Henri secretly adored hugs. However, very rarely did she ever receive one. It was due to this that she somewhat awkwardly patted Oliver on the head, trying to soothe the crying kid.

“Hey there…?” More awkward head patting was derived from Henri. She locked eyes with Ryan briefly, trying to communicate a silent cry of help. Henri turned back down to Oliver. “You can start to settle down – You’re alright now.” She wasn’t sure if Oliver had heard her, or whether any of her words were having an effect.

Leaning over the seat next to her, with Oliver seemingly velcroed to her still, Henri rummaged through her satchel for the extra muesli bar she had stashed in there earlier. Hoping to cheer the younger boy up, Henri tried to wave the muesli bar in front of his face. “Here, Oliver – As promised.”
INTERACTIONS: Ryan, Oliver
MENTIONS: N/A
TAGS: geminiy geminiy Chimney Swift Chimney Swift

Last edited:
count your calories

(TW - Eating Disorder/Body Image Issues)

"Eden, is that skirt flattering?"

Fuck. So close. Eden was so close to just walking right out the door, getting in her car and driving off without having to say goodbye to her parents. Of course her mother had to catch her as she was literally opening the front door. Eden debated ignoring her and pretending she didn't hear, but she'd stood frozen for too long to do that. She sighed and willed herself not to snap at her mother, and turned to face her. Glancing down at her skirt, she didn't see a problem. She was pretty happy with this outfit, actually.

"What?"

Her mother tilted her head and made a face. "Just... your thighs, honey. You know that's where most of the fat goes. And you're seeing Roman again, you don't want him to think... you know."

Eden fought the urge to cry then and there, or run into her room and look in her full-length mirror. Taking a deep breath, she very deliberately did not look down at her legs. "It's fine, Mom. I look fine. Roman doesn't care."

Her mother obviously wanted to say more, but stopped there, instead smiling sweetly. It was fake. It was always fake. "Alright. Whatever you say. Have a good day, dear." She didn't move forward to hug Eden, for which Eden was thankful. She mumbled out a 'bye' and stomped out the door, slamming it shut behind her. Once in her car, she gripped the steering wheel tightly and closed her eyes, breathing in and out a few times. Today was supposed to be a good day. Today was going to be a good day. She was going to see Rome again and everything was going to be amazing. Having him back was going to be amazing.

Just the thought of her boyfriend calmed Eden down enough that she wasn't squeezing the steering wheel. Even though she'd seen Roman a few times since he'd been in rehab, it had never been the same. There was an expiration date on that time. Now, there wasn't. They'd be going to school together again and they'd be able to hang out whenever they wanted, do whatever they wanted, just be together. Eden opened her eyes and took one more breath, then put her car into Drive and pulled out of the driveway.

By the time she arrived at school, she had calmed down considerably, but now she faced new anxieties. She was worried that things would be different between her and Roman, no matter how much they didn't want them to be. The situation was different to when he'd visited, in a good way, but what if that made everything different? Eden chewed on her bottom lip nervously as she parked her car and stepped out of it. Her phone buzzed in her handbag, so she pulled it out absentmindedly, but when she read the message, her expression instantly changed. She now wore a grin and maybe she was blushing just a little. She looped her bag over her shoulder and walked toward the auditorium as she typed, sending back to Roman: I love you. I can't wait to see you. I'm nervous, too. We don't even need to talk, I just want to see you. xoxo

She sent the message as she stepped into the auditorium, glancing up to see where her friends - well, bitchpack - had claimed as seats. Val, Angie and Honey were all in the front row, so Eden made her way over, dropping herself next to Honey and crossing one leg over the other as she placed her handbag in her lap. She leaned over her friend to address the whole group, and asked, "Have any of you girls seen Rome? Is he here yet?"

eden
MOOD: nervous

OUTFIT: x

INTERACTIONS: fin fin Zatanna Zatanna jasmyn jasmyn ditto ditto
code by valen t.

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_oyqqjd7nho1t5prjz_400.gifv
tumblr_inline_oyqqov4uT81t5prjz_400.gifv
tumblr_inline_oyqqjmCDPg1t5prjz_400.gifv
tumblr_inline_oyqqpdZTF41t5prjz_400.gifv

silas montrel
outfit / car
tags: ditto ditto , Chimney Swift Chimney Swift , hery hery

Silas had been up for a majority of the night out on runs. Dealing drugs was a job that usually happened in the cover of night. The sun was damn near coming up by the time he got home. The teen quickly stripped naked and fell right asleep. Before he knew it though he could hear shouting. Pulling his pillow over his head thinking that would help drown out the sound of whatever was going on outside his door. Then here came the banging on his bedroom door. Silas let out a loud groan before sitting up. Finally opening his eyes, he saw her standing there. Leaning against the door frame was his bitch of a mother. Smoking a cigarette at whatever ungodly hour it was.

"Jesus christ Ma, what?" he growled with his groggy morning voice. The woman took a long drag from her cigarette just eyeing him down.
"It's your first fucking day at Auburn Springs. Get up."
"You woke me up for that? Are you fucking kidding me?"
"If you think for a minute I'm gonna have a son thats a fucking disgrace to god and his family that is also late for school then you must be a bigger idiot than I thought."
"Don't you think it's a little early for this? Just get the fuck out of my room."
The plump woman eyed him for a few more seconds before putting her cigarette out against his wall. Dropping the butt on the floor and slamming the door as she left. He couldn't even stay mad at her he was too tired for that shit. Getting out of bed and going to the bathroom that was thankfully attached to his bedroom, Silas took a minute to check himself out in the mirror. Those bitches don't know what they're talking about... I'm not fucking little. I'm hot as fuck... He thought to himself, doing a few poses in the mirror before getting in the shower. His shower routine was simple so it only took him about 15 minutes. Stepping out and drying off, he focused on getting dressed. This was nothing Silas ever spent too long thinking about. Grabbing a pair of army greenish pants and a black graphic tee he was about satisfied. He half heartedly tucked his shirt in and grabbed a belt. Putting on a few chains and some rings, then his brown converse he was set. Walking back into his bathroom, he opened the mirror grabbing a few things he left in the hidden storage compartment. A smaller mirror, a credit card, a rolled up 100$ bill, and a little baggie. Pouring some of the snow white substance on the mirror, Silas cut himself a few lines.
"Why have a cup of coffee when you could have this?" He said to himself before going for the coke. Finishing it up and rubbing whatever was left on his gums. Closing his eyes, he enjoyed the rush. He didn't feel tired anymore. Sniffling a little, the boy shook his head. Grabbing his car keys and his huge black backpack he felt ready to face the day. He just hoped he wouldn't have anymore run ins with his mother. Going to the kitchen Silas looked to make sure the coast was clear. His father was at the table but that was no problem. He hated his father of course but in a very different way than the way he hated his mother. His father was spineless. Let his mother abuse him over the years and didn't say shit. He barely even spoke, just did whatever was asked of him. Rolling his eyes Silas walked past the man, not saying anything to him. Then outside into the fresh air.

His drive to school went accordingly to plan... for the most part. He had to run some idiot off the road. That was somewhat normal though. Anyone who knew Silas well enough knew how coke made him act. He was irrational, angry, and reckless. If you asked him he would deny it though. Silas loved the way he felt on it. Like he was invincible and nothing could hurt him. Nothing could get in his way. Sure it made him a little agro but there was a price for everything right.
He had even managed to get to Auburn Springs a little early. Since he felt a little irked about the whole road rage incident and he was early he decided it would be a perfect opportunity to smoke up. He didn't really want to get in a fight on the first day. Searching through his bag he fished out his joint case, taking out a perfectly rolled spliff. Lighting up and taking a long inhale, he blew out. Letting the smoke fill his cherry red Gran Torino. Turning up the stereo as one of his favorite song started to play. Now this is the fucking life. A nice spliff and my favorite song before school. Nothing could ruin this mom- Knock, knock, knock. Silas let out the smoke in his mouth before slowly turning to the window. He was hoping it was Theo coming to give him some sloppy top but to his dismay it was Katie. Silas could feel his blood boiling.
Who the FUCK does this prick think he is knocking on my fucking window? Interrupting my smoke.... The more Silas thought about it the angrier he got. Throwing his door open, hitting Katee. Stepping out of the car with the spliff still in his mouth, he slammed the car door behind him. Looking Katee up and down he couldn't help but grin. He had to give the kid some credit, he was certainly brave. Despite his "small" stature, Silas was pretty scrappy. He could hold his own in a fight, especially against Katie.
Taking another long drag this time blowing the smoke right in Katee's face.

"What the fuck do you want Katie? If you're gonna chastise me for smoking right now I would HIGHLY suggest that you turn around and walk away." He said, the rage growing in his voice with every word. Looking down at the spliff, he was sad to see he had almost finished it so soon. Taking the final drag, Silas put the spliff out on Katee's shoulder staring him dead in the eyes the entire time. Going back to his car to retrieve his back pack, Silas felt like he was finally ready for school. Putting both straps on, he looked at Katee with a twisted smile. Hawking a lugie down mere centimeters from Katee's shoes, Silas gave him a charming smile. Walking past his victim stopping to shoulder check him on the way.
"Stay out of my way or you'll end up in a ditch. I'm sure no one would fucking miss you." He said calmly before walking away.

The school was nice of course. But Mason Rivera throwing a temper tantrum outside of the school was a better sight for him. Silas didn't hate Mason or anything but he certainly was jealous. He seemingly had everything. Girls liked him, he had friends, people were afraid of him. He was the full package. Plus he had a nice package. Silas had definitely snuck a look in the locker room after football games. He would rather get his finger nails pried off than ever admit to that though. Mason wasn't much of a fan of his so he figured he would mind his business. Stepping in some Chocolatey chip frappuccino on his way in.
Somehow the school was bigger than it looked from the outside. He quickly made his way to the auditorium, looking around for at least one familiar face. Then in the back he saw some people he knew. Walking behind the group of his 'friends', Silas ruffled Olivers hair before taking a seat.
"Wow you made it. Wasn't sure if you would with Sly driving." The boy teased before pulling his phone out. Quickly looking around to make sure no prying eyes were paying attention to him, he opened his messages with Theo. WYA?? Let's ditch the assembly. Sloppy top in the bathroom? He read over the message in his head frowning a little. Please? Now it was perfect. Sending the message he looked around for Dex in case Theo said no for some reason. He knew he could count on Dexter to fulfill his needs.
Feeling a pair of eyes on him, Silas looked around to find the culprit. It was some unassuming AS bitch smiling at him. She looked like the type who was rebelling against her conservative parents. Silas gave her a quick smile and wink before looking at his phone. At least now he knew who option three for his morning delight would be. Silas had a motto. When all else fails, find a girl with low self esteem. By the looks of it, they were everywhere. He was going to like it here.

#7b2d26

Last edited:
@freudianslipnslide says:
CK, sighing, leaned back in the seat and pinched the bridge of his nose. Sometimes, he remembered the reason why all of those PSAs for internet safety existed. It was because of him. He was going to meet up with someone and murder them. He was the perpetrator.

What had today's discussion been? Nothing good. Drama, of course. Things he had no interest in and wanted to keep out of. Storms brewing, as the saying went, and Zeus over here didn't feel like tossing his precious lightning bolts of effort into the clouds of Twitter.

Today wasn't the day to ruin his perfect record, no matter much he considered it. There was no point in fucking up his future; it'd be a waste to do it because of these Bridgers.

Whoever burned down Ambridge was going to be informally executed courtesy of his knuckles.

From the corner of his eye, he saw one of the few people he considered a friend approaching, and he gave a very slight smile. It'd been a while since he'd seen Roman, and it always made him relax slightly to see him. There was something kinda...comforting?

Too gushy. The word comforting, Chelsea decided, should be eradicated from his vernacular.

"Roman," he greeted, accepting the hug and giving him a couple pats on the back before pulling away from it. "Glad you missed me. Kidding. I'm glad to see you back."

He felt his phone vibrate on his thigh, and his hand clutched it, his jaw clenching slightly. He gave a tense chuckle, resisting the urge to look at his phone. "I'm not glum," he sighed. "I just don't want to have to deal with these fuckers today." He sighed again. "Don's just how he always is-- stoned, nicotine-addicted, and annoying," Chelsea said. "Mercedes is good. She's hard to keep up with. There's something about her having a secret boyfriend going around right now..."

CK shifted his arms to rest behind his head. "Dexter? Good question. He's easy to lose track of." He let out a soft chuckle. "I haven't seen him today..." He rubbed his chin. "Did you miss a lot? I'd give that a solid hell yeah, but that's just because seven days worth of shit happens in one day around here, mostly thanks to Twitter."

At Roman's final question, Chelsea grew tense again. "Excited."

He looked him over with a very slight grin, his eyebrows scrunched. "I hope to God that you're being sarcastic. I'm about as excited as a guy who's about to have to restrain himself from throttling everyone all day can be." He paused a second. "We're going to have partners to show around today, you know. Let's hope I get someone I can semi-deal with."

He sighed, and then shook his head slightly, changing the subject. "Anyway, how was your trip? How're things on your end? You and your girlfriend doing okay still?"
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE

{ MOOD }
+ chatting +

{ LOCATION }
+ auburn springs' auditorium +

{ INTERACTIONS }
+ roman +

{ MENTIONS }
+ mercedes, dex, elena +

{ TAGS }
+ fin fin hery hery +

CHELSEA FREUD
♬ "i say 'don't cha know'; you say you don't know, i say...'take me out'" ♬

CK, sighing, leaned back in the seat and pinched the bridge of his nose. Sometimes, he remembered the reason why all of those PSAs for internet safety existed. It was because of him. He was going to meet up with someone and murder them. He was the perpetrator.

What had today's discussion been? Nothing good. Drama, of course. Things he had no interest in and wanted to keep out of. Storms brewing, as the saying went, and Zeus over here didn't feel like tossing his precious lightning bolts of effort into the clouds of Twitter.

Today wasn't the day to ruin his perfect record, no matter much he considered it. There was no point in fucking up his future; it'd be a waste to do it because of these Bridgers.

Whoever burned down Ambridge was going to be informally executed courtesy of his knuckles.

From the corner of his eye, he saw one of the few people he considered a friend approaching, and he gave a very slight smile. It'd been a while since he'd seen Roman, and it always made him relax slightly to see him. There was something kinda...comforting?

Too gushy. The word comforting, Chelsea decided, should be eradicated from his vernacular.

"Roman," he greeted, accepting the hug and giving him a couple pats on the back before pulling away from it. "Glad you missed me. Kidding. I'm glad to see you back."

He felt his phone vibrate on his thigh, and his hand clutched it, his jaw clenching slightly. He gave a tense chuckle, resisting the urge to look at his phone. "I'm not glum," he sighed. "I just don't want to have to deal with these fuckers today." He sighed again. "Don's just how he always is-- stoned, nicotine-addicted, and annoying," Chelsea said. "Mercedes is good. She's hard to keep up with. There's something about her having a secret boyfriend going around right now..."

CK shifted his arms to rest behind his head. "Dexter? Good question. He's easy to lose track of." He let out a soft chuckle. "I haven't seen him today..." He rubbed his chin. "Did you miss a lot? I'd give that a solid hell yeah, but that's just because seven days worth of shit happens in one day around here, mostly thanks to Twitter."

At Roman's final question, Chelsea grew tense again. "Excited."

He looked him over with a very slight grin, his eyebrows scrunched. "I hope to God that you're being sarcastic. I'm about as excited as a guy who's about to have to restrain himself from throttling everyone all day can be." He paused a second. "We're going to have partners to show around today, you know. Let's hope I get someone I can semi-deal with."

He sighed, and then shook his head slightly, changing the subject. "Anyway, how was your trip? How're things on your end? You and your girlfriend doing okay still?"

Last edited:
@nuttree says:
As the window rolled down, Katee's face grew deeply concerned. The threats from Twitter today were coming back to him. He wasn't scared, really-- he'd been beaten up a few times more than a few. That's what came with being a snitch in the rough parts. Snitches did, in fact, get stitches. He could speak from experience. He still had a scar across his jaw from when he'd been tackled from behind in the parking lot and had slid a few feet on the dry pavement.

All that went to say he wasn't scared. He was more...worried. It was his first day, after all, and...well, if he had any chance at making a new name for himself here, he'd be wise not to get his face beaten in.

Even so, that big prudish side of him didn't let him walk away, so he stood there, watching the window roll down in what seemed like slow motion.

The smoke in his face was far from a pleasant surprise, and he gave a loud hack into his hand. Asthma and smoke did not mix well, and he prayed to God that an attack that would take him out wouldn't come from that.

(Of course, one didn't. He was being a drama queen. Surprise.)

"Walk awa-- fuck!" The disgusting thing being extinguished on his shoulder did not feel pleasant, and he touched it afterwards. Shit! His fingers felt a small hole in his shirt.

That was what he got for wearing a good shirt today. "Y-You put--"

The smile on Silas' face shut Katee right up. The pit in his stomach-- the dread that he had felt before-- swole up again. When he spat out the lugie, Katee stared at it where it landed, his chest tightening and his breathing growing rapid.

His shoulder was bumped, but his eyes didn't move, and at Silas' threat, he swallowed hard. No one would fucking miss you. The words echoed in his head.

He was...right. Maybe Oliver would, but...did he count? He was...well, he was a nobody, and he said that lovingly.

What a happy way to start the day. Missing backpack. Burn hole in his shirt. Now a death threat and an insult that was way too true.

Katee sighed and put on a smile. It wasn't his job to be the sad one. So what if his eyes were tearing up? He was fine. He was here to be the chipper, unpopular freaky drama king who was getting the redemption arc and becoming the cool, popular guy.

Holding his tears back even better than usual, he kept his eyes on his feet and walked awkwardly in no particular direction, praying that he didn't walk into a pole or a wall.

Some people were ushering people into some building for something, but he kind of missed that-- well, he didn't miss it, but he missed the fact that he was supposed to be joining in it-- and by the time he realized that "hey, those directions were for me, too", he looked up and realized that he had no idea where he was.

Oh, and there was Mason, too.

Mason!

Newly invigorated, Katee approached Mason, smiling happily. "I'm so glad I'm not the only person lost!" he said, but, as he got closer, he sniffled. "Hey, do you smell smoke?" he asked, and then he realized. "Mason, you can't smoke out here!" he said in his usual, loud voice. "That's definitely against the rules!"
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE
FILLER DON'T DELETE

{ MOOD }
+ deeply concerned +

{ LOCATION }
+ ??? somewhere??? +

{ OUTFIT }
+ [insert super unfashionable fake hypebeast clothes here] +

{ INTERACTIONS }
+ silas, mason +

{ MENTIONS }
+ oliver +

{ TAGS }
+ Zatanna Zatanna Winona Winona +

KATEE NAUSBAUM
♬ "i'm scared of what they'll do; when they find the truth" ♬

As the window rolled down, Katee's face grew deeply concerned. The threats from Twitter today were coming back to him. He wasn't scared, really-- he'd been beaten up a few times more than a few. That's what came with being a snitch in the rough parts. Snitches did, in fact, get stitches. He could speak from experience. He still had a scar across his jaw from when he'd been tackled from behind in the parking lot and had slid a few feet on the dry pavement.

All that went to say he wasn't scared. He was more...worried. It was his first day, after all, and...well, if he had any chance at making a new name for himself here, he'd be wise not to get his face beaten in.

Even so, that big prudish side of him didn't let him walk away, so he stood there, watching the window roll down in what seemed like slow motion.

The smoke in his face was far from a pleasant surprise, and he gave a loud hack into his hand. Asthma and smoke did not mix well, and he prayed to God that an attack that would take him out wouldn't come from that.

(Of course, one didn't. He was being a drama queen. Surprise.)

"Walk awa-- fuck!" The disgusting thing being extinguished on his shoulder did not feel pleasant, and he touched it afterwards. Shit! His fingers felt a small hole in his shirt.

That was what he got for wearing a good shirt today. "Y-You put--"

The smile on Silas' face shut Katee right up. The pit in his stomach-- the dread that he had felt before-- swole up again. When he spat out the lugie, Katee stared at it where it landed, his chest tightening and his breathing growing rapid.

His shoulder was bumped, but his eyes didn't move, and at Silas' threat, he swallowed hard. No one would fucking miss you. The words echoed in his head.

He was...right. Maybe Oliver would, but...did he count? He was...well, he was a nobody, and he said that lovingly.

What a happy way to start the day. Missing backpack. Burn hole in his shirt. Now a death threat and an insult that was way too true.

Katee sighed and put on a smile. It wasn't his job to be the sad one. So what if his eyes were tearing up? He was fine. He was here to be the chipper, unpopular freaky drama king who was getting the redemption arc and becoming the cool, popular guy.

Holding his tears back even better than usual, he kept his eyes on his feet and walked awkwardly in no particular direction, praying that he didn't walk into a pole or a wall.

Some people were ushering people into some building for something, but he kind of missed that-- well, he didn't miss it, but he missed the fact that he was supposed to be joining in it-- and by the time he realized that "hey, those directions were for me, too", he looked up and realized that he had no idea where he was.

Oh, and there was Mason, too.

Mason!

Newly invigorated, Katee approached Mason, smiling happily. "I'm so glad I'm not the only person lost!" he said, but, as he got closer, he sniffled. "Hey, do you smell smoke?" he asked, and then he realized. "Mason, you can't smoke out here!" he said in his usual, loud voice. "That's definitely against the rules!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back