Opinion Attention, please.

TrumpCard

Knight of Astora
I am bored. Work is a hassle and my hours at home are mind-numbingly dull. So, I want to hear some opinions, whilst giving one of my own. Let's talk animated films.

To be precise, your favorite animated film. I don't want a list. Those are nice, but I want something more personal. Such as your most singular, personal, and most favorite animated film. It can be of any origin, any age, and any length. As long as it is, in fact, animated. I also want a summary(of any length as well) detailing why and/or how it is your favorite. I shall be happy to discuss with you.

My personal favorite is an animated short. It doubles as a music video and it is a masterpiece with only six minutes to work with. I am speaking of the Japanese-made music video for the song "Shelter", by Porter Robinson and Madeon. For those that don't know, it depicts a young woman who has to face her terrible past. That is the best I can do without spoiling it.

There are many good reasons to like this short film. But, I cannot think of one that is for me. Whenever I watch it, I seem to forget my own horrible past while almost bringing a tear to my eye. It is more that, though. I feel alive. I feel sad, which manages to seem oddly good. At the same time, it warms my heart and makes me want live. Truly live, not whatever life is nowadays. I find it very difficult to explain why I love this beautiful film, but I have done my best(Though, my "best" may seem confusing). I hope it proves satisfactory.

If you're bored and live alone find a hobby. A creative one too.

Also, what is my favorite animated film? Hard to say because there's a lot of them but "The Secret of NIMH" stays at the very top of the list with "The Iron Giant" being a strong second contender.

WALL-E.
For the time, it was certainly good looking, and unless you look hard it still holds up today. The soundtrack is good, dialogue and situations can be funny, and the setting and backstory is cool. And the antagonists are interesting. The antagonist doesn't need to be a super flashy villain; it's a steering wheel. And it's still someone who you want to cheer against, but has proper motivation. The protagonists are some of the best I've seen, considering the fact that they don't even have much dialogue outside of a few words. And the story was great, too. If you think about it, most movies nowadays have one or two morals. Frozen was be yourself and love each other. WALL-E had be yourself (WALL-E, MO, and EVE's behavior), protect the environment (the whole movie), children are our future (end credits montage), only you can tell you who you love (whole movie), accept each other for who they are(repair ward bots), each person has qualities (even if it's not obvious at first sight) (repair ward bots [2]), be skeptical of what the media says, because although it looks bad, it may not be bad (rogue robots warning), respect authority (the mutiny's failures), help others in need (WALL-E helping John get back onto his chair), and twinkies last forever.

I Imperator_tenebrae

Oh, I have video games. But even those cannot sate me fully. I am sure I will make do.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to commemorate you on your choices. Iron Giant is, and always will be, a fantastic classic. The Secret of Nimh, on the other hand... Is that the one with mice? It has been a good while since I have seen it. At least 12 years.

Hall Kervean Hall Kervean

I will tell you, I need to sit down to rewatch Wall-E. It is just a really good movie. The vast amount of visual storytelling is what made me enjoy it so much. Well, that and the comedy of a quirky, love-struck robot in space. Also, I believe you may be on to something with its morals.

I caaaaant ;-; I have so many that I wanna recommend and talk about @-@ agghhh! I can never pick one without mentioning the others!

HOLY CRAP WAIT! WHY DONT WE WATCH THESE MOVIES?!? WE CAN TAKE THESE MOVIES AND MAJE A LIST AND THEN VOTE ONB WHAT ORDER TO WATCH THEM IN! @-@ IM GONNA GO MAKE A NEW THREAD FOR IT RN (or edit the one I already put up that no one noticed lol)

I'll tag ya!

Last edited:
Zootopia. I know it was released just last year, but I love it all around. The animation is excellent, I can heavily relate to Judy, among other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back