• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MocaPoka

Everyone shall be friends...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Give Your Hearts

sasageyo.jpg

Welcome Cadets! You all have joined the 212th Training Division!

Here we will turn you into Titan killing protectors of humanity! You will give your hearts to the military, your Drill Instructors, humanity, and to the King! Weakness, cowardliness, and dissidence will not be tolerated! The military does not care for your background, personal beliefs, or status. Some of you are mud-covered farmers, snot-nosed brats with mommy issues, or shifty-eyed thieves. Some of you are whiny nobles, spoiled merchant kids with daddy issues, or military brats. No one here cares!

All of you are Titan fodder now! Some of you might be skilled enough to take a Titan down before another one eats you alive. Maybe a few of you might have enough talent to survive long enough to get your first paycheck. Whatever the case may be, you will give your hearts to this Division and to your future regiment! The top ten of this class will have the opportunity and honor to join the Military Police Brigade, the rest of you will go to the Garrison, unless one or two of you are brave enough for the Scout Corps. Each comes with its honors and benefits, and all require loyal soldiers and not selfish civilians.

I will turn you into soldiers... or die trying.

Now give your hearts and grab your gear! Ten mile run! Move like a Titan is after you, because if I catch you, you'll wish there was!

---
Warning for Spoilers up to the current season of the anime!
---

Welcome to an Attack on Titan Rp!

As the intro eluded this Rp will start off with players in a Training Division much like the main cast in the Canon. You can think of this Rp as mostly playing out like the original story, just with a new cast, motives, and events. The original history, setting, and locations are mostly the same. There are slight differences in the politics, the Titans, and the events from the breach of Wall Maria and fall of Shiganshina. Mainly in this, one of the Warriors has been captured and the people of the Walls largely know that Titan Shifters are a thing and possibly among them.

The Nine Titans are also slightly different, as are the methods of the Royal Government, the King of the Walls, and the Marley government to a small extent. All of these things I am happy to explain (as long as it doesn't spoil stuff for this Rp.) The focus of this story however will be on the Cadets. Cadets that players can play are normal ones (example Sasha), Marley infiltrated Titan Shifters (example Annie), Royal Government or military controlled Titan Shifters (Example Eren), or unaffiliated Titan Shifters (example Ymir). Other roles can be a royal family member (example Historia) or an Ackermann (example Mikasa).

I would love to see a kind of cat-and-mouse game with the Marley sent Titan Shifters and the rest of the cast for this. Could even be an "Among Us" type thing were the infiltrators' identities are not know to the other cast expect for the other Warriors. Finding out who are the infiltrators could be a fun way to run this. All that being said this Rp will be heavily focused on the day-to-day life of the Cadets and their relationships with each other. Action will of course happen, but it will not be every scene. The literacy and writing skill for this will be heavy, as will be the demands for having a good character.

I will not except you for this unless I think your writing is up to par. If you struggle with writing at least three good paragraphs for posts... this is not for you. Three to six paragraphs should be the average unless you are responding to a simple action of another writer; even then, that should be at least be a paragraph at bare minimum. Even that will have me raise an eyebrow most likely. AoT is also a complex and dark world that requires mature writers. If I don't think you have that maturity, the social wisdom, or disposition for this; I will not accept you or will respectfully kick you out. All RpN rules apply as well, so no gore or graphic content.

Here is the CS:
---
Name:
Age (at least 14):

Appearance ( at least 1 paragraph; added picture optional)

Background (at least two paragraphs):

Personality (at least two paragraphs):

Special Traits or Skills (Titan ability, natural talent, or rare skill if any):

Other (This can be facts, likes and dislikes, sexuality, a meaningful item they carry, a theme song, ect... feel free to add anything else you may want to here, however something needs to go here):
---

I will want to see a writing sample before accepting anyone into the Rp. This can be just something you have written before or a draft of the character you may want to play in this Rp. Also for the Cs, please delete the parenthesis when you finish it and send it to me for review. All characters again will need to be approved first, and I will be especially critical on Titan Shifters, royalty, or Ackermann characters. Please feel free to PM your CS, ideas, or questions.

Ok! With all that; thanks for taking an interest! I have already made a Discord for this and once I pretty it up and get a few people I'm confident with this on board I'll start inviting people. Of course, I'll also make lore sections and all that standard stuff on RpN as well in the future. I have a larger plot planned, NPCs in mind, and events for the story drafted. I am trying to keep from planning too rigidly however, as I want for you other writers to influence the larger story and events as well. The types of characters we have will also make me adjust things or even cut out some of my planned NPCs.

Again thanks and feel free to ask question on here or to me in PM!

Last edited:
Maybe. I want to play my characters again, but I want to see what kind of group we've got before committing.

Still working through AOT at the moment, but I'm gonna express my interest for now and have a look into this!

For all interested feel free to PM me if you want to shoot me a character or claim a certain type. Obviously I cant have two Attack Titans running around or too many Ackermann lol.

For all interested feel free to PM me if you want to shoot me a character or claim a certain type. Obviously I cant have two Attack Titans running around or too many Ackermann lol.
I never liked the idea of the "one of us is a titan transformer" as I always thought it took away from the humanity scraping by despite unsurmounting odds thing.

I never liked the idea of the "one of us is a titan transformer" as I always thought it took away from the humanity scraping by despite unsurmounting odds thing.
I was actually the exact same way during the start of the series. I was hoping that Eren actually died and that Mikasa was going to become the main character. But the Titans have become an interesting concept and the use of them in war in particular I've found interesting. Plus the whole connection they share and memories and all that certainly pushes the plot forward easily.

I was actually the exact same way during the start of the series. I was hoping that Eren actually died and that Mikasa was going to become the main character. But the Titans have become an interesting concept and the use of them in war in particular I've found interesting. Plus the whole connection they share and memories and all that certainly pushes the plot forward easily.
I guess that's the opposite of me. I've felt genuine pain every time they use it as a plot device and its taken so much out of what could've been a cool story for me. The characters I have to pick from are fairly varied, anyway. The three options you'd have me to decide or prioritize are pretty simple:

1.) Charles Dujardin
Charles Dujardin’s parents, much like Charles himself, was born within Wall Sheena’s Orvud District.

This was not a surprise, considering how prominent the Dujardin’s were within the walls. However, as idyllic as things may have seemed, there was always a layer to peel away when it came to Charles’ parents. By the time he was seven-years-old, the Lord of the Estate, Charles’ father, had managed to have several affairs with various women. It was here that Charles’ in one way or another witnessed how his mother could be as ruthless as his father was licentious; he still hasn't forgotten the screams from the room he wasn't allowed to talk about. It was a miracle that he came out sane in the shadow of two terribly toxic parental figures and a wealth of privilege. Perhaps, a lot of this was due in part to the stories told to him by his maternal grandfather, a man whom inspired Charles at a young age with tales of bravery and honor. The tales of the Garrison Regiment, of which he was once a member.

While these stories were no doubt embellished, it helped guide Charles. As a result, he did his very best to prove he was a charismatic, honorable, and brave person.

When a young girl found employment as a maid servant in the household, Charles took to them in the way he imagined the heroes of the past would. Men with chivalry and patience. Whereas his mother would knock things out of the girl’s hands, he would pick them up without a second’s hesitation. Simple, similar acts would continue for years, and not just for that one servant girl either. Charles found his mother’s behavior questionable and as such continued to be a buffer. It would set the seeds in his mind that he needed to leave as soon as he was able to become a great hero like his grandfather before him. However noble this goal would be, he would in time learn that he was misguided in more than a few ways.

The Trainee Corps was a lot different than he imagined it to be.

2.) Adèlyn Ziegler
Adèlyn Ziegler is a brash, pompous, loud-mouthed, and abrasive young woman and her comrades either love her or hate her for it.

Adè’s obsession with being the “best” is the catalyst to a genetic time-bomb of angst, unhappiness, and ire. It’s no secret that Adè has a plethora of issues that makes her difficult to deal with, though she doesn’t much care people find her difficult or frustrating. She wears their discontent like a badge of honor and when she isn’t scowling in discontentment she is smirking smugly as she mocks the person who has gathered her attention. In short, Adè isn’t interested in “making” friends and currently sees her comrades as like-minded acquaintances at best and superficial meat-shields at worst. This disconnect can be seen as cruel and stupid by some, but it has protected Adè from her fickle feelings and insecurities. In part this is a ruse to push people away so that she will never have another emotional connection with another human being; she figures if she can be undesirable she will never be hurt by someone close to her again.

Adèlyn’s father, Aldebert Ziegler, was a member of Shiganshina’s Garrison. He raised Adèlyn effectively as a single parent, though what little Adè remembers of her father is overshadowed by his sudden death when she was eight-years-old.

Having no family to look after her, Adè soon would realize that the walls of an orphanage in Shiganshina was a rough and lonely existence. The paltry meals were lackluster, her fellow orphans were as dejected and disinterested as she was, and the minimally-employed staff were as overworked as they were overpaid. With the fear of the Titans beyond the walls, anxieties were an unending presence of their own. Adè eventually would grow bored and unruly, often sneaking out and stealing food from market stands. One bowl of porridge and stale bread was not enough to sate Adè, so she chose to entertain herself out of her own survival and for her own interest.

With thievery came conflict from other children and, of course, authority figures. Adè was quick on her feet, assuredly, but she soon found herself getting into fights and arguments on a daily basis. When her only friend during her childhood died in a brawl her hope to find friendship and bonds was halted In what seemed like an instant. She still can hear the ‘pop’ from his body falling off a rooftop and onto the streets below in her sleep. It is a constant nightmare that makes her always check her footing and to be careful when it comes to maneuvering. After all, in Shiganshina parkour was one of the few things she was good at other than running and street fighting, that is. Perhaps it was the reason she was scouted by a friend of her father, whom told her she would do well to follow in his shadow once she was old enough.

When the orphanage kicked her out at fifteen, she figured it was the only choice she had. Plus, she wanted it. After all, it wasn't a Titan that killed her father, but another man in the military. She hoped to find out who he was and how to find them. She had never forgotten his face from the bunker of her father's closet.

3.) Agnes Rosenthal
Agnes Rosenthal is the daughter of Elsbeth Brühl, a well-acknowledged member of the Survey Corps. Her father, David Rosenthal, is one of the finest physicians and surgeons in the city of Trost. It was with their prestige and dedication that they cultivated a girl whom at a young age was inspired by critical thinking and collective duty.

Agnes's childhood was fairly basic. She was a bookish girl with few friends and loving parents, but eventually something happened to make her want to apply her intellect to the field of military study. Something that, in the world she lived in, wasn't all that uncommon. After years of dutiful service, one day Agnes learned that her mother was probably never coming home and that her disappearance would never be investigated. A few months later, to the surprise of her father and her brothers, Agnes found herself signing up for military service. It was a decision she took much thought in, but at the end of the day the use of someone of her wit and mindfulness would certainly be valuable in the never-ending war against the titans. Or at least that was her line of thought.

But how far can that sheer belief take Agnes? If she succeeds as a cadet, can she truly become good enough to live up to her mother's example?

Specific details could easily be changed, but generally these are the details/outline of characterizations I'd like to still play. I don’t typically like the hodgepodge characters that worked in other RPs in fresh ones, so I’m completely cool if I gotta make something fresh, but there’s a lot of fun to be had with these archetypes I had in mind. Adelyn is one of my favorite characters I’ve conceived and I’m looking forward to a chance for her to be in a RP that lasts more than two pages. Though, that said I won’t be too butt-bothered if someone wants to do her personality archetype instead as long as I get to do something.

That said, shifters being a PC role really doesn't vibe with me so I'm hoping we don't have to cross that kind of bridge. Always takes the tension out of the pieces in my experience and to my preference, but I've RPed with shifters existing so I'm not completely unmalleable.

Last edited:
I guess that's the opposite of me. I've felt genuine pain every time they use it as a plot device and its taken so much out of what could've been a cool story for me. The characters I have to pick from are fairly varied, anyway. The three options you'd have me to decide or prioritize are pretty simple:

1.) Charles Dujardin
Charles Dujardin’s parents, much like Charles himself, was born within Wall Sheena’s Orvud District.

This was not a surprise, considering how prominent the Dujardin’s were within the walls. However, as idyllic as things may have seemed, there was always a layer to peel away when it came to Charles’ parents. By the time he was seven-years-old, the Lord of the Estate, Charles’ father, had managed to have several affairs with various women. It was here that Charles’ in one way or another witnessed how his mother could be as ruthless as his father was licentious; he still hasn't forgotten the screams from the room he wasn't allowed to talk about. It was a miracle that he came out sane in the shadow of two terribly toxic parental figures and a wealth of privilege. Perhaps, a lot of this was due in part to the stories told to him by his maternal grandfather, a man whom inspired Charles at a young age with tales of bravery and honor. The tales of the Garrison Regiment, of which he was once a member.

While these stories were no doubt embellished, it helped guide Charles. As a result, he did his very best to prove he was a charismatic, honorable, and brave person.

When a young girl found employment as a maid servant in the household, Charles took to them in the way he imagined the heroes of the past would. Men with chivalry and patience. Whereas his mother would knock things out of the girl’s hands, he would pick them up without a second’s hesitation. Simple, similar acts would continue for years, and not just for that one servant girl either. Charles found his mother’s behavior questionable and as such continued to be a buffer. It would set the seeds in his mind that he needed to leave as soon as he was able to become a great hero like his grandfather before him. However noble this goal would be, he would in time learn that he was misguided in more than a few ways.

The Trainee Corps was a lot different than he imagined it to be.

2.) Adèlyn Ziegler
Adèlyn Ziegler is a brash, pompous, loud-mouthed, and abrasive young woman and her comrades either love her or hate her for it.

Adè’s obsession with being the “best” is the catalyst to a genetic time-bomb of angst, unhappiness, and ire. It’s no secret that Adè has a plethora of issues that makes her difficult to deal with, though she doesn’t much care people find her difficult or frustrating. She wears their discontent like a badge of honor and when she isn’t scowling in discontentment she is smirking smugly as she mocks the person who has gathered her attention. In short, Adè isn’t interested in “making” friends and currently sees her comrades as like-minded acquaintances at best and superficial meat-shields at worst. This disconnect can be seen as cruel and stupid by some, but it has protected Adè from her fickle feelings and insecurities. In part this is a ruse to push people away so that she will never have another emotional connection with another human being; she figures if she can be undesirable she will never be hurt by someone close to her again.

Adèlyn’s father, Aldebert Ziegler, was a member of Shiganshina’s Garrison. He raised Adèlyn effectively as a single parent, though what little Adè remembers of her father is overshadowed by his sudden death when she was eight-years-old.

Having no family to look after her, Adè soon would realize that the walls of an orphanage in Shiganshina was a rough and lonely existence. The paltry meals were lackluster, her fellow orphans were as dejected and disinterested as she was, and the minimally-employed staff were as overworked as they were overpaid. With the fear of the Titans beyond the walls, anxieties were an unending presence of their own. Adè eventually would grow bored and unruly, often sneaking out and stealing food from market stands. One bowl of porridge and stale bread was not enough to sate Adè, so she chose to entertain herself out of her own survival and for her own interest.

With thievery came conflict from other children and, of course, authority figures. Adè was quick on her feet, assuredly, but she soon found herself getting into fights and arguments on a daily basis. When her only friend during her childhood died in a brawl her hope to find friendship and bonds was halted In what seemed like an instant. She still can hear the ‘pop’ from his body falling off a rooftop and onto the streets below in her sleep. It is a constant nightmare that makes her always check her footing and to be careful when it comes to maneuvering. After all, in Shiganshina parkour was one of the few things she was good at other than running and street fighting, that is. Perhaps it was the reason she was scouted by a friend of her father, whom told her she would do well to follow in his shadow once she was old enough.

When the orphanage kicked her out at fifteen, she figured it was the only choice she had. Plus, she wanted it. After all, it wasn't a Titan that killed her father, but another man in the military. She hoped to find out who he was and how to find them. She had never forgotten his face from the bunker of her father's closet.

3.) Agnes Rosenthal
Agnes Rosenthal is the daughter of Elsbeth Brühl, a well-acknowledged member of the Survey Corps. Her father, David Rosenthal, is one of the finest physicians and surgeons in the city of Trost. It was with their prestige and dedication that they cultivated a girl whom at a young age was inspired by critical thinking and collective duty.

Agnes's childhood was fairly basic. She was a bookish girl with few friends and loving parents, but eventually something happened to make her want to apply her intellect to the field of military study. Something that, in the world she lived in, wasn't all that uncommon. After years of dutiful service, one day Agnes learned that her mother was probably never coming home and that her disappearance would never be investigated. A few months later, to the surprise of her father and her brothers, Agnes found herself signing up for military service. It was a decision she took much thought in, but at the end of the day the use of someone of her wit and mindfulness would certainly be valuable in the never-ending war against the titans. Or at least that was her line of thought.

But how far can that sheer belief take Agnes? If she succeeds as a cadet, can she truly become good enough to live up to her mother's example?

Specific details could easily be changed, but generally these are the details/outline of characterizations I'd like to still play. I don’t typically like the hodgepodge characters that worked in other RPs in fresh ones, so I’m completely cool if I gotta make something fresh, but there’s a lot of fun to be had with these archetypes I had in mind. Adelyn is one of my favorite characters I’ve conceived and I’m looking forward to a chance for her to be in a RP that lasts more than two pages. Though, that said I won’t be too butt-bothered if someone wants to do her personality archetype instead as long as I get to do something.

That said, shifters being a PC role really doesn't vibe with me so I'm hoping we don't have to cross that kind of bridge. Always takes the tension out of the pieces in my experience and to my preference, but I've RPed with shifters existing so I'm not completely unmalleable.

All three are good, although I personally favor Adèlyn Ziegler more. If you want to use her that's fine. If you can just work her into the CS I have and add the needed sections, I'm all good with accepting her.

If it helps I'm going to be strict with Shifters if we have any and if we don't they will be a NPC just to help move the plot forward.

I feel like Ade and Charles are more well-rounded characters, yeah. Baller.

Really? They're fine but seem more mild manner. Adelyn seems to have a more fleshed out personality and backstory. You can use any of the three as a basic idea though, just seems you put more work into Adelyn.

Yeah, Ade is the most fleshed out. Agnes is kind of the least fleshed out.

Looks like there are around 6-7 people interested. A fair amount bu atleast 9 would be ideal for this (plus im sure some will drop). So the recruiting will continue.

I'll be making a few pages on here with lore, CS examples, NPCs, and other stuff like that in a few days. It will also have a place to post character sheets in the future. I'll link everyone who has expressed interest.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what the writing level will look like!

Currently building the lore, cs, npc, and ooc sections on here. Hopefully seeing the lore I have will help give people more ideas for characters. Also one thing I want to mention is that there will be a bit more political intrigue in this story compared to the Canon, espcially in the part of the Military Police, Survey Corps, and royalty.

But anyway, I'm hoping to have at least a decent bit of things on here made by late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back