• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Attack on Titan: Chapter II

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"If you can call it lucky" Victoria mumbles with a sigh "Maybe it's for the best if we never find out what the exersise was suppose to be" she says quietly, really though, the Military Police patrols and that's it" she says, she'll never know why her aunt wanted her there, safely behind the inner wall, nit he tske on life

Loki The Trickster Loki The Trickster

Danira smirks chuckling a little at his response "What's the matter? Ride too bumpy for you to grab any shut-eye?" She leans back in the carriage and closes her eyes "Just close your eyes and relax, you might not fall fully asleep but rest is rest so don't be picky about it, but if it bothers you that much I hear we'll be there soon." She looked up at the sky, clutching her telescope in her and decided to peek ahead to see if she could see their destination with it. It could see a decent ways ahead so it wouldn't be close but it still close enough for her. "Personally I kind of enjoy the fresh-air but I suppose fresh air and easily be obtained by sleeping on the roof if you had the guts for it...be a terrible way to die if you rolled off and broke your neck, not worse than being eaten by a titan by definitely more embarrassing at least with the titan it's understandable dying because of blatant stupidity in mind-boggling."

"You could say that," And, speak of the Devil, another bump knocks him awake some, "Hope so. Can't take much more of this. My ass has blisters and those blisters have blisters. Too much information? Sorry. I'm not a morning person. Is it even morning?" Abruptly, he breaks eye contact with Danira and checks outside again. Panning his eyes out the carriage window, a blinking stare reminds him it's evening, the sky a shade halfway between purple and red, "Who are you? Never seen you before. You one of those introverts who's been keeping to themselves all this time?"

He slumps his head on Victoria, making a pillow out of her shoulder. "Don't mind, do you?"

"I don't mind" Victoria says looking at Lucas, she suddenly grins, the evil kind of grin "If we were to make the top 10 that means less place for those who don't want to join the scouts or the Garrison" she says, being careful not to move too much so Lucas can sit comfortable. She wondered why she only thought of that now though, if they were going to risk their life then so were the cowards.

tumblr_inline_mwrf28HUXs1s9pex3.jpg

By the time the Cadet Corps arrive, two and a half nights have passed. They arrive in the humbling hours of morning. Morning's air is cool and crisp, a refreshing respite from stuffy and sweaty carriage interiors. Outside their carriage doors is a mist, a mist so thick that you could trip over something on your way to the living quarters. White covers the area like a spectral shroud.

Some cadet swears on her life she saw Samantha Smith's ghost meandering through these mists.

"Don't be daft," grumbles a cadet.

"That's not even funny," grumbles another. "Have some respect, will you?"

"I swear I saw her," the cadet insists. "I'm not lying!"

Drill Sergeant chalks it up to PTSD and makes arrangements for a counsellor to determine, with a psychological evaluation, whether or not she's of sound enough mind to become a soldier. Several other cadets have taken it on themselves to see themselves out, stuffing their belongings into bags and slinging them over their shoulders.

Two or three cadets sit upright in their beds, rocking back and forth like babies in a cradle. One of the three whispers for his mother, a mother who's miles and more away. She can't help him now. Cadets try to console him... all to no avail.

Drill Sergeant Dave says his peace on the matter, some apologies with some abasements thrown in here and there, and informs the cadets that they'll be continuing training as normal in a few hours. He tells them about omni-directional mobility gear, abbreviated as ODM gear, and how he'll be teaching them how to use it. "This relatively new invention has helped us tremendously in our war against the titans. Created by a Shiganshina smith by the name of Angel Aaltonen. Bless his soul," he explains, "And, for those of you still with us by the morrow, you'll know how to use it." And, after this, he leaves the cadets to converse amongst themselves in the barracks.

Flame Demon Flame Demon Loki The Trickster Loki The Trickster Coco Adel Coco Adel Allo Allo Harley Quinn Harley Quinn sr901 sr901 Appawlezz Appawlezz

Last edited:
Having slept on the way there Victoria decides to leave the barracks to get some fresh air and maybe beat up a training dummy, according to some bullies the has a mean kick, she might as well test that now. She doesn't say anything to anyone she passes, her face worryingly emotionless to those she had talked to on the way there and back, not that she really cared, her family was full of soldiers and warriors, on her mother's side anyway "I should write them a letter soon" she mumbles with a sigh, she did not want to face the wrath of her mother at the moment.

Midori hasn't slept too focused on the titans as he holds warrior close, the barracks are stuffy and irritating he decides to get up and head out not before feeding warrior some of his rations that he kept with him.

It was proven that he probably looked like crap and his bangs held over his eyes to keep from people looking at them, he held a permanent frown on his face.

Lucas accompanies Victoria after spending a few moments inside sorting himself out. A proper wash, a haircut and other grooming procedures are in order. Finishing, he passes several cadets by on his way from the living quarters, sparing courteous nods to anyone who looks in his direction. The morning air is, indeed, refreshing and Lucas takes it on himself to breathe in lungfuls of the stuff. Victoria is likely to only notice him when he reaches out for her shoulder and asks, "Letter to who?"

Turning slightly Victoria notices Lucas "My parents" she says "Before they hear the news from my aunt and uncle" she adds, she really did doubt that a lot of cadets remain after what had happened, true it was disturbing, but she didn't join the military to live a life free or worries.

Leading Victoria to an old oak, Lucas settles down and sits against it, back to bole, and asks, "Will you say anything else?" Afternoon shrouds the horizon with her colours, a light cyan sheet for sky with dashes of white for clouds and flocks of pigeons that pass by overhead. Yellow oranges come down over them, sunlight catching the outdoors in bold, brilliant rays. He looks up, hand over his brow, and looks up some more.

Astrid looked down at the ODM gear, inspecting it from a distance with her golden amber eyes. She sort of understood the concept of it, it must be something that has an advantage over the titans. It has the word Mobility in it, so the humans must use the air as an advantage. "Interesting... So we use these devices for larger titans to get to the nape of their necks. That's smart..." She mumbled as she placed her hand on her cheek. It was a habit she did when she thought deeply of something.

"I'm guessing this also holds the blades we use to slice the nape of the neck?"

"I'm just going to write to them that I joined the military, if I include what happened mom will have a heart attack, not good for her or my unborn brother" Victoria says, she knew her parents would accept it at one point since they weren't totally unreasonable. "So how many people do you think will pack their things and leave from their own free will?"

"Lots," suspects Lucas, "Can't put a number on it. Look, there," Abruptly, he raises his hand, pointing, forefinger following a cadet. The cadet wanders through the yard with all of his things strung to his back, "That's one, at least. And at least they'll know where you are. Might give them some closure... some peace of mind. That's always good. Especially for mothers. They're always worrying, you know?"

Niklas stays in the living quarters a while, collecting himself after those last few days off-site. While in the bathroom, he looks at himself in the mirror, making faces as if for a drama class. A smile, a frown, something in between. Sometime after, he heads outside into the afternoon air, snacking on an apple he must've snatched from the mess hall.

From time to time as the midday minutes pass by, Nik occupies himself with a conversation or two with fellow cadets. They're brief conversations, friendly but fleeting, hellos and goodbyes, smalltalk, followed more often than not by small walks elsewhere; one of which leads him to a weatherworn oak bench on the fringes of the courtyard. There, at the bench, he has at his apple (crunch, crunch, crunch) and looks out into the open space.

"If I tell them what happened my dad will drag me back home, if mom doesn't beat him to it" Victoria says "It's better to know this now then when they joined the scouts" she adds. If anything she wasn't even that surprised "I think I'll take up my grandfather's offer on his 'training for short people', still don't know how he knew I'd be short*

"Old people are always wise. They know things," The young cadet Lucas raises his hand, tapping his index finger against his temple, smiling in an owlish sort of way as he does this, "Don't ask how. Just do."

With his backside propped up against the gnarly trunk of the oak, he settles down with a sigh, "And you reckon that would be the thing to make them want to drag you back? Nothing else, eh? I don't think so. Everyone knows what the military does. Furthermore, everyone knows what the Scout Regiment do," Pause, "...And what the casualty rates are. But you're grown, Victoria. You're not their little girl anymore. Can make choices for yourself and... sadly, there's nothing they or anyone else can do about it."

"It would be the thing that's gonna make my uncle drag me back" Victoria says "But you're right, but tell that to my height" she adds glancing at Lucas as she makes herself comfortable next to him "Why do you think people reacted differently back then?" she asks, sure for someone who came from a long line of soldiers and warriors her reaction was somewhat natural to her, but people threw up, they froze, went into shock.

"What do you mean?" asks Lucas, raising his eyebrows as he muses over Victoria's query. His expression is questioning. "React differently how?"

"Some cadets froze on the spot, some threw up, I think I even saw one faint" Victoria explains "Everyone had a different reaction to the fact someone got eaten by a Titan"

"That's normal," explains Lucas with a shrug of his shoulders. "That... that was traumatic, Victoria. For me, too, even. Not many people see stuff like that in their day to day, you know? Surprised you didn't react the same way," Slowly, Lucas looks her over, a sidelong glance that pans the young woman into his peripheries, "Most traumatic thing I've seen in my life, until then, at least, was looking in the pantry and finding or, rather, not finding my biscuits where I left them. Damn brothers. Imagine it's similar for everyone else here."

"I grew up with stories from my uncle and grandparents" Victoria says "Guess you could say it didn't come as a surprise" Victoria says shrugging "My grandfather lost his legs to a Titan, first time he told me that I was traumatized" she explains looking at the sky "That and despite not having told me I know my father was in the military too, it just wasn't for him"

She scoffed as they spoke of the whole Samantha ordeal. They were traumatized? She couldn't fathom what it was like to be so scared of a being that was easily killed. They were dumb creatures after all, they only knew how to eat. She shook her head, standing out of her seat, she really didn't have to hear this. "If it's so traumatic, then don't join the scouts." Her voice tone was toxic, filled with disgust as she left the room. Looking around, she decided to explore. She pushed her hands in her pockets, walking around the grounds of barracks.

"Pathetic..."

At Victoria's mention of her grandfather, his eyes widen. "Can't imagine not having legs," muses Lucas aloud, "What a thought."

Overhearing someone else, Lucas widens his eyes a little more, this time at that someone, Astrid, eyebrows raising and making creases of his forehead, "Jeez," he whispers, "What's her problem?" A little while after, he has a rub at his head, slightly confused, fingers brushing the shaven bristles of his buzz cut.

Nik has another bite of his apple. Crunch, crunch, crunch. He sees a familiar face, Astrid, storming out of the barracks and can't help but ask, "Huh... What's pathetic?" He rises from the bench he's sitting on, dusting off his thighs of dirt and dust with one hand. Of course, the other hand is holding the apple that, at this point, is nothing but a core, starting to brown here and there at the edges. "Got something on your mind, Astrid?"

"Just people... Being overly dramatic about the incident. Am I the only one who really doesn't feel any remorse?" She rolled her eyes, sitting on the bench that he sat on. She crossed one of her legs over the other, taking a deep breath. She rested her elbow on her leg and her chin on her palm. "If one person is stuck in the past about a death, then they will never be able to reach their full potential and keep their feelings out of combat. It's ridiculous. People growing up in fun households with quaint families are coming to fight. All I've done is fight, so it's nothing new for me... But they act like it's so shocking. I swear, some of the people here are just... stupid."

Astrid gave a growl of frustration, leaning back in her seat. "Whatever. If they hold me back then I just won't talk to them and leave them in the dust."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back