• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Attack on Titan - Looking for dedicated people

Uncultured

Dreamer/Cynic
If you're a fan of this series, you understand why it's excellent RP material. We're talking about the most emotionally charged atmosphere possible, and the most desperate situation one can imagine, add in the violence of it all and the conflict driven nature of the story and you have a perfect setup for a role play.

I've recently come back to this site hoping to find an Attack on Titan roleplay, but I haven't seen any posted, so why not me as an OC creator right? I feel that it is a fantastic world to operate in and I want YOU (yeah like uncle Sam) to join in on this RP.

What do I ask, saying dedicated people and all....

Well the thing is, out of all the RPs I've GM'd, I've come to see that people get bored of RPs and flake. Hell, I've done it before, we've all done it. An RP slows down and so do we. We stop posting as quickly and within a week we aren't even paying attention to the alerts.. I get it, I've done it, but in this case I would love.... LOVE.... to have a group of maybe 7-10 people who are willing to stick with it for the long haul. Build a story and stick with it for a long period of time. Hell, we might even create a sort of RP group that can transcend one RP and do multiple stories together.... you know.... the kind of thing that we all think about when starting ANOTHER doomed to fail RP. Let's make something unique and long lasting, the kind of RP you see and say "how the hell do they have three thousand replies on their thread" lets get F'in EPIC and make a real story!

When it comes to the story and the management of an RP, I'm not a maniac. I feel like collaboration is the a big part of greatness. I want everyone involved in the process. This is our story, not my own that you are a guest within. I would love nothing more than to have everyone contribute to create a story worthy of telling and roleplaying within so if you join, I want you to know that it's not my own story that I'm forcing on you, it's your story, that you'll build with me.

So... if you're interested in an Attack on Titan RP, please leave a response. We can work on the details of the story later, after all, that's for all of us to decide, not just me. Sure, I have some ideas, but so does everyone, so lets come together and create a story we all love in a universe that's absolutely fantastic and make an awesome and consistent RP that we all enjoy.

Also, just to throw a wrench into my harmonic ass message.... one thing that I desire for this RP that others might not like is the idea of random mortality. If you've seen or read AOT then you know that people die, no matter how skilled they might be. While I don't want people dying left and right, I would love to have some kind of system where characters are actually killed off or seriously injured (you can replace them of course) in order to add stakes to the game.

A lot of RPs suffer from "Zero stakes" where a character can only be killed or injured when the creator desires. I would like to shake that up and create a system where even the most skilled characters can get killed or wounded if their luck runs dry. Look at the commander of the scouts in the canon AOT... MFer got his arm ripped off and almost died and he's probably the third most skilled person behind Levi and Mikasa and he was an inch away from the dirt, so that realistic element of random death is something that I'd like to add to the RP.

In AOT, themes of hopeless mortality and luck being a deciding factor in battle exist in every episode/chapter, and I want that to be a factor in this RP. I know it's forceful, not everyone is going to be on that bandwagon, but that's the one thing I insist on as the GM.

Other than that, it's fully collaborative and all ideas are considered equal to my own and will be voted on in a democratic fashion. I know that the random element might sound sketchy, but how emotionally charged would that be? Your best friend (in RP) getting clipped randomly in the heat of battle is a lot more interesting than infinite plot armor. Also, isn't there something kind of awesome about having your character bite the dust and having them exist as a kind of martyr that the other characters mourn/talk about etc ??? To me that adds a big element of realism and stakes, so as far as this RP goes, that's the one thing I will be insistent upon as the creator. One thing to remember, upon death or career ending injury, you will ALWAYS be allowed to create a new character, they can even be an already existing soldier who you flesh out and bring to life, they don't need to be some wet eared rookie or anything like that.

Last edited:
Honestly, I love your idea. This is something I've never ran into and I would like to try it out! As for changing out characters all the time, oh boy. That's gonna be a challnge simply because making a brand new character with a bio and stuff is pretty heafty. And then having to kill them off later after putting x amount of time into them...Unless you're planning to have us keep characters for a longer period before killing them?

Alright I'm paying attention.

This going to be all OCs or will there be canons kicking about?
Also how much knowledge of the series is needed? I'm read up on the manga but I bet a bunch of peeps have only seen the anime.

Alright I'm paying attention.

This going to be all OCs or will there be canons kicking about?
Also how much knowledge of the series is needed? I'm read up on the manga but I bet a bunch of peeps have only seen the anime.
Im one of those people about the anime XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back