• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains

Characters
Here
Zoë could not be more excited to be getting to the good part. She had been fine with stating her case, and had managed to be as inconspicuous as she needed to be, but this was where it was at: not worrying about anything and enjoying the fruits of her labor having gotten here at all, yet again. She knew that tomorrow, the exertion would begin to test her willpower. Hard work itself was nothing frightful, but she knew quite well that she was not physically equipped for it now. A week or so to eat herself to death might resolve it. Unfortunately, that was a luxury few people achieved, even with the aid of taxpayer dollars.

Tomorrow was tomorrow, though. A whole night away, in fact. Worrying about it now wouldn't do much for her resolve. Finding people to hang around wouldn't be much of a challenge, as she could move around until somebody yielded to her presence, but that still meant starting somewhere. Zoë didn't pick that poison with much wisdom, instead just sitting next to the first person she spotted alone. "Adrian, right?" she asked, not even bothering to first ask if she was welcome at all. If she wasn't, he'd probably tell her. And if he didn't, she could just talk in circles until time was up. "Name's not so bad, I don't think. Pickin' at it was a little unnecessary," Zoë remarked. "I'm Sebastian. You're from Shigashina, ain't'cha? Or Trost, maybe? Don't mean it in a real bad way, but ya kinda just... look like an orphan." How one could mean that in a way even leaning somewhat towards positive was unknown, but she said it with certainty.

Jaeger010 Jaeger010

Adrian responded to the stranger who so zealously perched themselves down beside him with only a sideways glance and his continued neutral expression, and he didn't respond verbally at first, only giving a low 'mhm' to the question of his name. Then, as this person introduced their name to be Sebastian, and fumbled over his birthplace, Adrian had planned to not say a word, but at the comment about his being an orphan, his eyes only slightly widened. "...Maybe because I am an orphan.." Adrian finally shifted and placed one arm up on the low window ledge that was behind him, facing slightly more towards Sebastian as he then looked directly at her and made eye contact "what exactly makes me look like a bastard, anyway?" Adrian used that term as if it weren't vulgar or insulting, as to him, it clearly wasn't. His blonde hair hung over his shoulder in small waves and his eyes were almost hidden behind the shorter, equally wavy strands that fell over his forehead. Adrian didn't seem offended, although he did look as if he were impatient with the bluntness of a person he'd known the face of for all of ten seconds before they'd already talked themselves into a hole with him.

Ah, right on the mark. Really, Zoë had only pieced together information from when Adrian had introduced himself. Disowning a kid didn't take that much work, just like adopting one didn't, but orphanages were under an obligation to keep children until they weren't children anymore. Therefore, she only made an assumption that if he had parents that didn't want to keep him, they wouldn't wait until he was eighteen to do it. Still, she was nothing if not a spinster of tales, so she took what she knew to be true about him and ran with it. "Well, we all got this look, yannow?" she said. "Kinda just like we seen some things we'd been better off not seeing." Zoë shrugged a bit, then proceeded to cram about half of the bread she'd been given into her mouth in two seconds flat. Like the epitome of etiquette that she was, she kept talking anyway, with bread shoved into her cheeks like a chipmunk. "Not too hard to spot. Sorta like a dark fuckin' cloud or something."

Adrian continued to watch Sebastian for a few more moments, but he had turned back to face the table straight on when she had shoved nearly an entire piece of bread into her mouth. Not wanting to watch this person chew, Adrian kept his eyes forward after that, continuing to pick small pieces off of his food and eat that way, while listening to Sebastian and not making eye contact. "Observant, aren't we?" Adrian muttered as he pulled a piece of bread off of his own piece, placing it onto his tongue neatly and chewing only a few times before swallowing. "I'll tell you something that nobody needs to be observant to know. You eat like a pig." Adrian stated just as bluntly as she had with him earlier, but his tone made it seem more so that he was stating it as a fact, rather than trying to insult Sebastian. Insulting tones were all too common here, and Adrian's tone was far from insulting. Just neutral, if not incredibly bored.

Zoë had to stifle a laugh, knowing that it would come out far too sharp and feminine to suit the person she was supposed to be. She took a long drink of water before she faced him again, deciding to at least afford him a shred of decency. "Yeah, you're right," she agreed, tone good-natured in contrast with the dull monotone Adrien took. He certainly didn't seem shy, so she could only assume everyone was a touch too uninteresting for him, with herself not being any sort of exception. "But I think it tastes better when ya don't pick at it like a mouse. I mean, pigs eat the way they do for a reason, I bet." She rested her cheek in her hand, eyes looking him over like she expected to see something. When there was nothing to find, she spoke up again. "What do you want to do? After this, I mean. I bet a lotta people want in the military police since it's safest, but it's not like that's real easy to do. You got them visions of grandeur, or what?"

After a moment, and upon the topic of where he wanted to end up at the end of training came up, he glances sideways through the corners of his eyes towards her. "I have my eyes set on the scouts. If I had to sit in the interior watching fat nobility drink expensive wines and lounge around all day, I'd probably willingly jump into a titan's mouth if the opportunity presented itself for me to do so. And besides, I favor action over safety. Safety's boring. I like the danger the titans bring to the game" After his short rant, Adrian turned his eyes back to the table and reached over, grabbing his glass of water and taking a few sips before promptly asking "What about you?..With your mouth I'd guess the MP's, 'cause when you get right down to it all those idiots do is sit around and eat. It's perfect for you, really." Again, he didn't at all seem like he was trying to be insulting, but clearly he didn't mind speaking exactly how he felt about something.

Adrian knew in himself that the only reason the idea of joining the scouts and fighting titans, with the reputation the scouts had for coming back with barely a quarter of the men they left with, didn't scare him, was solely down to how he knew that should he end up cornered, there was a good chance he could transform and get away, and he was even hopeful that he could pass for an abnormal should anybody see him. Even so, he'd need to be careful not to look too uncaring about the danger, as he didn't want people to suspect him of anything at all.

Zoë nodded, paying what appeared to be a significant amount of attention. She wasn't the best listener by nature, but she was certainly good at storing information away. Knowing the basic rundown of the people training around her was for the best. "Hmm, kinda makes sense. Still, though, where's the call to action come from? Don't mean nothing by it, but it's gotta be from somewhere, right? There's better ways of thrillseeking than goin' right at it with a titan. You got a little unresolved somethin' going on in that head of yours that's got your eyes on revenge, is that it? What're you thinking?" With her own questions laid out yet again, she decided to answer the ones for her, as well. Offending her was a bit difficult after everything hurled her way for the past several years, and it wasn't as if she had much to have pride in to start with. Certainly not now, but not even before, really. "Aha, sorta. Can't fool ya, can I? When it comes down to it, I'd just really like to have some nice things now and again. Scouts don't get a lot of that. I prefer a little bit of safety, to be honest with ya."

Adrian had to think of an answer to those questions fast, as the truth was impossible to tell. While the brunette sitting at his side spoke, Adrian's mind raced to find a suitable answer that would make sense. When she finished speaking, he spoke up quickly, like he was rushing to get it out. "Some people I knew from the orphanage died in Shiganshina..." Adrian muttered, attempting to make it sound as real as he could by sounding sad about it. "..I guess you could say I want revenge for them" Adrian picked up his piece of bread, and began trying to finish it faster, tearing off bigger pieces now and chewing much faster than before.

Last edited:
For a moment, she had her eyes slightly narrowed. Zoë didn't have any evidence that he was lying, and it wasn't as if she had any room to talk. After all, if he was hiding things, that would just make two of them. Curiosity was a powerful thing, but she wouldn't be so foolish to pry, especially not after having already done enough of that already. "Ah, that so?" she asked, her posture and expression becoming lax again. "Pretty selfless to do it in somebody else's interest instead'a letting them do it for themselves, but ain't my place to say if that's more brave than it is stupid." He'd taken to scarfing down his food quite a bit faster than before, and she leaned back from him, saying, "If you're done talkin', it's not gonna make me mad if you just say so. With how you seem to eat normally, wouldn't be surprised if it got you choked to kick up the pace."

"I'm just tired. It's going to be a long day tomorrow and we'll all need our rest" Adrian stated, relaxing more after his lie seemed to slip through undetected. But then again, it's not like she would ever think anything more than he just didn't want to say, rather than that he was hiding a huge monster ability that could get him executed. This logic caused him to fully relax again, and he finished his food finally, gulping down the glass of water and swinging his legs off of the table and onto the floor one after the other. "I'm going to bed..Nice talking to you" He muttered, not looking at her at all.

Last edited:
Korin did as she was told. Helping herself to some bread rations. She was a ideal soldier so she only took as much as expected.
She watched the other cadets as they went to eat too. It was better to scout out the competition. Some of them were either quite stupid or quite weak.
Already some who were chewed out by the instructor gave them a negative view in Korin's eyes. Perhaps somebody would yet be interesting.
It wasn't likely though. So this was the extent of the other cadets...

After a while of watching the other soldiers getting yelled at Kenshi was actually excited to work with them. Of course, he was one of the better soldiers there but he didn’t want to think little of everyone here, they all had potential and a purpose for being here. In a way they could have been like him, searching for the real reason his brother died and trying to understand the point in sacrificing for others. Why was his brother so good at what he did? Maybe he could be the next Titan slayer, who knows. As they were dismissed Kenshi mad his way over to Korin, he quickly took a seat with her at the lunch table and poked her cheek before eating some of his bread. “Sup Kor, how are you enjoying yourself so far? It’s been a while since we last seen each other. Did you miss me?” He offered a slight smirk.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Just as soon as she thought that nobody interesting would come, Kenshi ccame up and poked her in the cheek.
"Why hello Kenshi. I suppose it was getting a bit boring without you. The other cadets really disinterest me."
She smirked slightly. It was nice to see her friend. But would being too close in the corps give people the wrong idea.
They were supposed to be training to be the protectors, being too buddy buddy would only make the pair a bigger target for the rest.
"So tell me Kenshi, how have you been?" She said as she plopped her head resting on her shoulders looking at him.
Soma Schicksal Soma Schicksal

Her words brought a smile to his face like always, she was the only friend he had. Of course, he had hoped to make more with some of the cadets here but if it came down to it being just her and him that bothered him very little. “Oh, so I’m the life of your party then?” He didn’t think much on what the others would think of them and he didn’t care, if people had an issue then they were just jealous…well, at least those were his thoughts…I mean maybe it wasn’t the best idea to get close with anyone in a friendly or relationship sort of way since they could die at any moment but to survive people need a purpose and they need good squamates to make any mission possible. At least that’s what his brother used to say but look where that got him now… The boy snapped out of those thoughts when Korin asked where had been. “Well…ya know…just training at home in the inner walls…mother really has issues with me doing this but I think she understands by now that she can’t really stop me. Anyway, what about you? After training…you just disappeared…I assumed you just faked being my friend…was kinda hurt for a few weeks. I mean I missed you…” His cheeks reddened a bit and he could only hope she didn’t notice, the words he said is what he meant in a friendly way and in the way he was wishing he could be with her in.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back