• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Attack on Titan: Birds of Paradise

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
What seemed like countless heads all hovered in front of her, all of them lined in neat little rows underneath the blistering sun. One hundred and fifteen recruits, all looking at her as if she were the commander of the Military Police or something. Instructor Krause stood in the middle of the dirt field in front of the new recruits, a stone-cold glower present on her features as she gazed at all of them. She caught sight of several of them already sweating under the heat of the flaming orb way above their heads, and she took delight in watching their discomfort. Most of them wouldn't make it through the first day-- only a percentage of them would remain after the first week. It was best to get through the weakest of this lot straight away, not for her sake, but for everyone else's as well. Useless rabble didn't have a place in the military.

"I've been overlooking the task of whipping you miserable brats up into shape for too long," the commander bellowed, raking a flinty glare across the board. "Just to help put an end to a too-long war." She began walking up alongside the first row of cadets.

Jericho had his arms crossed, a cynical, arrogant gleam in his eye as she passed him.

"I want you to give me your heart, your soul, and your mind. Do you know what that means?" She stopped abruptly, turning towards the adolescent, her voice lowering down to a hiss.

"Sounds like something I'd hear in a brothel," Jericho replied without a second beat, a roguish ghost of a smile on his lips. A ripple of quiet laughter, gasps and murmurs rose in the air for a few moments as the commander and the youth exchanged glares of steel.

"A quick tongue," she spoke up first, almost approvingly. "Spitting image of him, too." Jericho's brow raised up in confusion for a moment, his guard let down. Suddenly, a lightning quick, well placed fist to the gut had the delinquent doubling down, a cough rising in his throat.

"But I've no need for street rats with clever words," she continued, her tone stone cold. "Soldiers is what I aim to make of you, because only soldiers can face a Titan."

She continued down the line, this time coming across a tall sort of girl with hair plated silver. Krause noticed the broadness of her shoulders and thickness of her thighs, and she could tell that this particular person had been quite the worker before she enlisted. Nevertheless... "God damn, am I looking at a boy or a girl?!" she cried out as she feigned horror. "What is your name, rookie?!"

"Vivian Schweiss, sir!"
She could have sworn the girl's face contort as if in pain, though she reverted back to her stoic self in half a moment.

"Schweiss! You're fucking ugly, you know that?! Hell, you even sound like a boy! You're probably a disappointment to your Ma and Pa, that's why they sent you here, didn't they! Couldn't even marry you off, 'cause no one wants to fuck a beast like you!"

"Yes, sir!"
Vivian's voice became slightly higher pitched than before, sweat beading along her brow. "You are completely right, sir!"

"Damn right I am! And don't you forget it!" Krause snarled back into her face before she turned back to the next recruit down the line. The next few weren't that fun to deal with, until she got to another soldier...

The next recruit was a blue-eyed boy with black hair that was well-kept. Krause could hardly see a speck of dirt on his uniform, which only bittered her already soured mood. "Name?" she asked, her jaw clenching and unclenching as she waited for his reply.

“Fabio Bier!” the recruit shouted, saluting with his right hand.

"Fabio? What kind of name is Fabio?!" Krause yelled into his face with fury. "Did your mom even love you? No, I don't think she did, if she named you that-- but I guess it kind of fits-- you look like a puddle compared to the rest of this sorry lot! Why, I bet you'll be the first one to be Titan food!"

Fabio audibly gulped, looking disturbed. Titan food.

The memory of gigantic hands and tombstone teeth briefly shattered across his mind’s eye.

Krause turned to the boy next to him. The next recruit down the line was a blond, blue-eyed boy with a rather smug expression on his features. Krause quirked a brow at him, already knowing what to expect from someone who held his head so high. "What's your name boy?" she asked him, his presence already irking the hell out of her.

Like the other recruits before the fair-haired boy, he donned the signature salute with one hand over his heart and the other behind his back. "Alastair Reginar," he announced himself, still keeping his head held high in an air of superiority. "I originate from Ehrmich, and you can expect a noble such as myself to be a cut above the rest of these lowborn," he asserted, taking a quick glance at the other recruits.

For a long moment, Krause simply stared into the recruit's face with a pained expression, as if she was having difficulties processing the stupidity that he had spluttered towards her. The silence was finally broken with another snap of her arm, and her first sank deep into Alastair's stomach in a punch more brutal than the last one that she delivered. "Noble? What you are is a maggot, son, so take your time writhing in the dirt like one!"

Alastair could feel his feet lift slightly off the ground as her fist connected with his stomach, his once smug face now twisted with pain. With his knees buckling the cadet quickly went to the ground as he clutched his stomach, too busy coughing and gasping for air to say anything back. This wasn't the first time he'd been punched, far from it, but this was sure as hell the worst slug he's ever felt.

Krause smirked down at the boy before she turned away. This next recruit was a girl with brown-colored hair. Krause wondered what was going through her head as she stood there at attention. Probably thinking she's a hero like the rest of them, she thought with irritation. "What's your name, girl?"

"My name is Sera Mayer, Sir!"

"S-sera M-M-Mayer," Krause stammered, clearly mocking Sera's stutter with a wicked grin. "You gonna be standing still and sounding stupid during these two years, recruit?!"

"No-No, Sir."
Sera maintained the same posture. "S-sorry for the way I s-speak, Sir. I was born with a severe s-speech impediment, Sir. And no, I don't plan on standing around doing nothing. I plan on retaking Wall Maria!"

"How humble,"
Krause sneered down at her. "Do you have any idea how many times I've heard that bullshit? How many times I've seen people want to be heroes, just for them to quit or die?! You'll just be another of their numbers."

Sera was starting to get more than a little angry. "Sir." She started. "Not once in my life have I ever g-given up. And unlike everyone else you sent off to die, I have the d-d... the determination it takes to s-survive. I need to retake Wall Maria. I p-promised my Father I would.''

"A big promise for such a small girl,"
the instructor mused, her glare still firm on Sera's features. "If you're so dead set on it, then prove it to your comrades on the battlefield. I'm not one for empty words."

"Yes Sir. I don't know i-if the Titans can even feel scared.'
' She looked straight into the eyes of her superior. "But I'll sure as Hell fr-frighten them as best I can.''

Instructor Krause continued down the line until she came across her first redheaded recruit. Unlike the rest, this one was smiling, which took her aback and irritated her at the same time. Snarling, she leaned close, her eyes glaring into hers. "Think this is funny?!" she roared out. "What's your name, girl?!"

“Nina Polgar, sir! From the sticks of southern Wall Maria.” She announced brightly to Krause, lips curling further from the fluttering nervousness unfurling in her chest, filling her with a flighty energy as she stared determinedly back at the instructor. With her hand propped on her chest in an eager salute, Nina declared, “not funny, no sir, I’m just happy to be here! I want to help humanity!”

Nina's bright personality only soured hers even more, and Krause leaned forward so that their noses were touching. "Help humanity?! With that sorry face?!" she roared as spittle flew forth from her mouth and landed all over Nina's cheeks and jaw. "Will you keep smiling as your comrades are eaten by Titans all around you?! Huh?! Answer me!!"

That comment ruffled her feathers. Nina bristled, frigid eyes narrowing in on the commander. Pushing past the urge to wipe the spit from her face, she laughed, a mellow thing that rung out in the stilted air. “That’s a harsh thing to ask a girl who lost her parents to Titans.” Nina finally answered, the sides of her mouth dipping into a thin line. “Do you think I smiled then? Answer me.”

"Boo hoo,"
Krause answered, unsympathetic. "Would you like me to start playing the violin? I don't owe you an answer, girl. Join those other idiots on the track, and don't stop running."

“A chance to start training early, how generous.”
Nina remarked, lightening up again. Her eyes curved into crescents as she grinned at the instructor one final time before jogging to join the others running.

There were a few other recruits, all as bland as the last. There came the time when she stumbled upon a small, blond girl with a black headband. Her eyes watered, though tears didn't stain her cheeks. Krause narrowed her eyes down at her, but before she could even say anything, the girl's mouth opened to let out a shriek.

"Elke Vinter, sir! From Shinganshina, sir! I want to retake Wall Maria, sir, and kill Titans, sir!" the girl screamed up at her in what seemed like a mix of vigor, passion, and fear.

"You going to be crying like that when the Titans are eating you, girl?!"
Krause hissed at her, somewhat bewildered about her reaction. "You going to cry for your Mama all the way to the end, aren't you?! You're just going to be Titan fodder along with the rest of this group, isn't that right?!"

"No, sir! I'll be as useful as your best soldier, sir!"

"I highly doubt that!"
Krause snarled, turning away from the girl and focusing in on her next quarry. She didn't want to beat the girl to the ground, not yet, anyway. It was best to let people marinate in their self-pity and doubt for a little while.

Her next victim was a fairly tall, dark-haired boy; he was taller than even her, and she wondered what his parents fed him to make him grow so big. Instructor Krause opened her mouth to ask him his name, only to find that her words had caught in her throat. Wait... were his... eyes closed? "Boy..." she growled, a deadly look coming across her expression as she stared up at him. "Are... are you asleep...?"

His eyes, in no rush, fluttered open and Leon exhausted a yawn while rubbing his face. He got a quick peak at the instructor and then another glance at everyone around him. This was either a very scary sleep paralysis demon or he had sleep walked himself somewhere he did not want to be. He looked down to his pants, hoping this was one of those dreams with his pants still on (thank god).

His eyes almost went back to sleep before flashing open with immediate energy. There was a realization, a call to action that suddenly took over his body in full force. He signaled a salute, bellowing from the depths of his stomach. His posture was utterly magnificent, perhaps even perfect. What once had been a lazily slouched spine had sprung up like a bean sprout. Though his visage bore a pale property, there was a pink hue creeping upon it. Light very quickly returned to his brown eyes like he had just arisen from the dead.

"No mom-." What once had been a cute pink color had turned to roses. "MA'AM!"

Leon's eyes glanced away and begun scouting his surroundings. From the tip of his brow leaked a small bead of sweat. He already had a good idea what was coming next and his was preparing his body for any punishment and mind for a thorough scarring. What had been solid constitution was now overly rigid and looked like it could come apart any second.

Mom. Did this boy actually call her... "mom"? "Wh... what," she hissed under her breath, blinking at him as if he had grown wings and flown away in front of her. An eternity passed before she suddenly slammed her first into Leon's cheek, knocking the boy completely off balance before she backed up her first strike with a well-placed kick to the gut. "Get out of my face, you piece of shit! Go run laps! NOW!"

Leon's reaction time was slow. When the first punch landed against his cheek, his body was still rendering the pain once her boot hit his strap. When his back hit the ground, his body went still, his eyes motionless and brain processing the situation. What had just been a nice dream about owning a kitten farm had turned into a sharp pain in his stomach. Thank god he had skipped breakfast today, was his only thought before kicking himself up and striking a salute.

"Absolutely ma'am! I was way out of line, I appreciate you going easy on me." Leon's pained voice responded.

His salute was followed by a bow of his head before jogging to the training field. He did not look to dissatisfied, his thoughts were still of that kitten farm.

Her next victim was another boy, this one with a stupid expression on his face. Little by little, Instructor Krause's mood became worse and worse, as one could see. Her face had become red with frustration and fury, and Benedikt's posture only worsened her state. "And what's your name, boy?"

"I'm Benedikt!" The idiotic expression on the young aspiring soldier's face remained. Suddenly, the beast residing in his belly let out a low growl. "Hey ma'am... Do you by chance know when we'll be able to eat because I'm starving!" His face lit up at the mere thought of food or stuffing his mouth.

"Huh?!" the instructor blinked at the sudden question. This lot was more interesting than the last one, that was for sure. At least no one cried yet, save for that one girl. "With that disrespect, maybe you should just go hungry for the night!"

Terror sucked the very breath from his mouth and the color quickly drained from his face. "No..! Anything but that!" Once again a growl came from his stomach. Instead of mentioning food again with the risk of not eating anything, he just stood and withstood it. A visible frown on his face and what appeared like he was about to cry. "Food..." He managed to utter in a whisper-like voice. The boy's voice sounded raspy and dry like nothing had been in his throat for days.

Krause was bewildered by this recruit's reaction. Judging from his appearance, the boy had been starving. Pity nipped at her heart, if only for a moment, since she had once known the sting of hunger. Though, she didn't allow this to permeate across her face. Steeling herself even more, she growled, "Maybe it's best for you to let that hunger ferment for a bit, boy. Join the others on the track!"

"Yes... Ma'am..." Benedikt slowly swayed into a jog like some zombie. He looked like he barely had any life in him. "Food..." Because of his lack of energy, he easily fell behind all the other students. Moving much slower than he usually would. "Food........" He continuously uttered as he dragged himself along the track. "Soup... Potatoes... Bread..!" Benedikt's speed and acceleration failed to pick up. One could say he was barely jogging with the terrible hunched over form he had. Another growl came from his stomach.

Instructor Krause turned and glanced down the line at the next recruit. This one was blond-- and young, much like the other recruits that stood at attention. "Name?" she demanded in a sharp, harsh bark, her green eyes unforgiving as she glared down at him.

"Ramiel," he plain-spokenly articulated, jacking back his neck to color to his view the instructor, giving her a once over. Hubris was Ramiel's only anchor now, which was why he stunted back at her viridian eyes with his island yellows. The family he had abandoned was dead. His last name should have been buried with it. Still, his tongue bordered on a taste of saline when he elaborated with, "Diakos."

"Coming off so strongly... is that right?" Krause growled into his face. "Drop that routine, recruit. It's not helping your stringy frame. I bet I could snap you in half like I would a stick."

"Try me once you're done training me, instructor,"
Ramiel brazenly grinned, "If you do well, I should be able to win by the end, no?"

The boy's reply was short and to the point-- and it was a reply she didn't expect. Krause smirked down at him, meeting the glare in his eye. "Better get started then. Join the others on the track, Diakos."

Krause looked to the side at the girl that had been next to Diakos. Ah, her second red-head. This girl had glasses, it seemed, and... a very shiny red nose. Krause leaned close to her, her eyes daggers as she peered into Jo's own. She recognized the tell-tale glaze to her eyes, along with the tangy scent that permeated off of her. "Name." It wasn't a question. Her gaze was dark as she awaited her reply, eager to see how she would react.

Stars don’t twinkle until their light passes through the world's atmosphere.'

Was that really true? Jo had wondered whether all the books she had read actually had a lick of truth in them. It was strange to think of that now, even as the commander had torn shreds off the new recruits around her. She would be one of the next ones. Not because of a mild timidness or a clear delinquent look to her, no, but simply because she looked as if she was putting on a mean demeanour. She couldn't help making a face like that.

And of course, it wasn't long before the commander came into her line of sight, dark eyes piercing Jo's lighter ones and simply asking for a name. She willed herself not to look away. To stare right into her eyes.

Standing tall and proud, and banging her fist so hard against her chest it could have rattled her ribcage, the spectacled teen proclaimed, "Jo Schreiber from Karanes District, ma'am!" Though she seemed unshakeable from the outside, a certain tension radiating throughout her body, even if her eyes refused to widen at the sight of the commander's narrow-eyed and dark expression.

''Tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables...snails can sleep for three years...' Jo repeated inside her head as she stared down the commander, waiting for whatever insult that would come for her like the others. Her eyes? Her hair? Her scent? Her family name? Somehow, she counted all of them to be combined into something that was meant to throw her off. All she could do was repeat those facts in her head, begging herself not to come out with something stupid in front of the commander.

"You're the first recruit out of this group that wears glasses! What, are you so blind that you can't see where you're going, four-eyes?" Krause spat again. "And what's with that red nose?! Are you a goblin or something? Speak up, rookie!"

Jo felt herself stiffen, but once again, answered, "Only slightly, ma'am! I'm short-sighted, but it's medical term is called myopia, and long-sightedness is called hypermetropia!" She felt sweat gather along her hairline. Goddamnit! Sure, that wasn't as bad as spewing out something totally unrealated to the situation, but she was expecting it to come sooner or later.

"I'm no goblin, ma'am! Just a very allergic human!" Jo insisted, feeling a strong urge to raise her hand and rub at her nose, in turn, only making her nose redder, and subjecting her to more ridicule.

Krause was caught off-guard by the onslaught of random information that spilled from the girl's mouth. Allergies? What did she care about allergies?! "You being a smart-ass?!" she asked her in a booming voice, her expression more annoyed than before. "Do you want to join Mr. Jerry and the rest on the track over there?!"

Jo had caught the commander off-guard but that certainly hadn't helped matters at all. Not only that, but the commander was threatening that she run with another recruit. She let her eyes drift over to the track, before she remembered herself, and she tried to scamble for some sort of recovery, "N-no, not at all, I'm just, uh, showing you the breadth of my knowledge! Ma'am!" She quickly added.

Somehow, she knew her odd jobs wouldn't prepare her for whatever kind of run the Commander was putting her through.

Jo's reply only irked her even more. It was obvious that this girl was trying to get at her, and Krause refused to show any weakness in the face of smart-assery. "I think you should join them after all," she growled darkly, "So get moving!"

'Shit. Shit. Shiiiii--'
Jo, not being able to do much for her case now, simply replied with, "Yes, ma'am!" How embarrassing. She didn't come here to be humiliated, and yet, she did a perfectly good job of running herself into that trap. She turned and started rushing her way towards the track. She'd have to come back from this. But she also had to actually live through this running first.

This next recruit was another dark-haired boy that looked a little too eager for her tastes. "Name?" she snarled, becoming more and more frustrated with each passing recruit that she had to deal with. This lot was going to be hell to handle, that was for sure.

"Laurence Arnault, Ma'am!" He said enthusiastically with a smile on his face. It wasn't dopey nor was it charming. It was simply his every day smile, but his tone certainly held an eagerness most of the recruits didn't hold. "But most simply call me Laurie."

"Laurie?! What is that, a girl's name? You should be ashamed of yourself. Do you have any balls hanging between your legs, boy?"
Krause spat with disgust.

Laurie cocked his head to the side. She wasn't wring, even he found it a bit feminine but so what? He liked it plenty still. "I do. If you'd want to check it out you could but I don't know if that's appropriate." He shrugged at her, unfazed by the insult she's given him.

Krause's eyes widened at Laurie's reply; it was almost as if everyone around her would be able to see the smoke that emitted from her ears. Since her firsts were already sore from punching kids all day, she glanced over to where the others were running. "Run," she snarled. "Before I beat your god damn ass to the ground, boy!"

A momentary look of bewilderment flashed on his face as his mind ran miles as to why Instructor Krause had started to look rather exasperated. He didn't argue, figuring it was better to follow rather than ask why. He figured there must have been something wrong with what he said but all he did was give his opinion. "Yes, ma'am." He said with a smile before turning around to join the others that were taking laps.

After his first few steps, he realized that Instructor Krause didn't tell him how much running he would do. "How many laps are we talking about again?"

"Until I tell you to stop,"
Krause snapped before she turned away from him, leaving no chance for him to complain to her.

"Okay, you're the boss," Laurie said back with his hands up in the air before jogging away to run. "Later guys." He said to the other cadets that he passed by.

She turned to the next one down the line. This whole spiel was getting her more than heated under the collar. Another dainty, flowery recruit, huh? Krause ground her teeth together. "What's your name, girl?" she asked, venom dripping from her voice as she glared down at Elyse.

"Elyse-" The short brunette stated softly, her eyes and voice both shaky and unfocused at the hands of this unnatural experience. Hesitating briefly, she would continue, somewhat raising her voice yet simultaneously amplifying the discomfort by accident.

"Elyse Hildebrand, Miss!"

Krause suddenly straightened up from her leaning forward, surprised with her answer.
Ah, yes, this was the girl that they had told her about. "Hildebrand..." she muttered, her glare not lightening as she thought. "Oh, I remember now. You're the sorry excuse for a soldier that needs a bodyguard on her tail at all times! Does he help you wipe when you shit?!"

The coarse, rough, words of the instructor's words landed brutally blow by blow. In no way was Elyse ever set up for this blunt and explicitly degrading experience, but she had to bite through, regardless of how incompetent her retaliation would be.

Eyes glowed with what seemed like a symbiosis of fear, agitation and discomfort, though the latter was admittedly more present. Her voice was much the same.

"I didn't choose for a chaperone, Miss. I-", her eyes trailed upwards hesitantly, finally dignified enough to look at the instructor - well, at least for a second, that is. "I can handle myself!" She would swiftly push out, squinting her eyes as she raised her voice in an almost theatrical, clearly novice way with a beautiful voice crack to boot.

Well, this girl was much more pitiful than she thought. She looked like a deer stunned out of her mind. What a shame. "Can you? I doubt it!" Krause snarled. "You're the most pitiful thing I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot compared to that Vinter! What do you have to say for yourself?!"

Most pitiful. Most. Pitiful.

Bruises turned into blatant cuts as the words flashed by, leaving Elyse almost frozen in place. Never had someone raised a tone like that to her, not even her siblings.

Though admittedly painful and unexpected, the young Brunette's inner flame wavered at the sign of this attack, fueling her mind with just enough agitation-induced confidence to respond.

While her admittedly stressed expression ensued, some grit joined into the mix of negativity, her following words now somewhat more powerful and composd than those before.

"I-I'll prove I can. I promise, Miss!"

Krause knew that she had struck a nerve. Grinning, she decided to let the girl relax for now. "Fine. Prove to me that you aren't just some worthless scrap," she cackled in a mocking tone, as if she didn't believe her. Turning away, she went to the next person.

Instructor Krause came upon another recruit, this one having a firm face and rather long hair. Of course, it was obvious that he was trying to impress, which irked her. What was with recruits and trying to look like they were all the main character of a fairy tale book? "Name?" she spat at him.

The dark-haired recruit seemed to stare right through Instructor Krause as the boy stood at attention, clutching his fist adamantly over his heart. "Halvor Verdende, ma'am!"

"And did you cut your hair yourself, Verdende?" Krause barked as she took a strand of his hair between her fingers and pulled a bit too roughly. "Or was the person who did it blind as hell? Cause, god-damn, that's a shitty ass haircut, boy!"

"I couldn't afford a barber before I came here, ma'am,"
Hal had been slightly taken aback by the instructor's sudden tug on his hair, instinctively pulling back from her fingers in a small recoil and remaining steel-faced. "But it's not as important as devoting my heart to serve humanity!"

Krause's eyebrow twitched when the boy pulled away from her touch, grinding her teeth together as to not explode right then and there. "Oh, really? I'll show you what's not as important," she stated, her look much darker than before. In a swift moment, she brought her leg up, slamming her knee straight between Halvor's legs. She didn't even give the boy a chance to regain his senses from his place on the floor before she snarled, "Get the fuck back up, Verdende, before I kick your head in!"

His expression immediately shrunk as Hal felt the instructor's sharp knee strike him directly in the groin, crumpling to his knees and bringing his hands to cover the region by reflex. "Y-yeah," his tone came off several octaves higher than normal, trying to quell the rumbling in his legs as he stood back up. He struck the salute towards Instructor Krause once more, his brow twitching slightly. "Ahem, yes, ma'am!"

Krause had all but lost her patience. The recruit that she came upon next was... wait, didn't she already speak to this girl before? Krause blinked down at the girl, wondering if she was being fucked with or the other one had swapped positions with another recruit. But when she looked back at where Elke was supposed to be, she saw her quivering form still holding her salute. Did she really get dealt twins? "Hilarious," Krause growled, the hands behind her back clawing into each other. "You're a twin, huh? What's your name, girl?"

Anke was seething. She didn’t care that this woman was in charge of them. What gave her the right to treat Elke like that. The other twin gave a half-baked salute and through clenched teeth, “Anke Vinter!”

"I've never had twin recruits in my presence before! And with a face like that, what they say about twins has to be true!"
Krause snarled. "Twins only have half a brain each! Why did you even enlist? Do you really think a roach of your caliber can do anything for humanity?!"

Anke grit her teeth. She really wanted to deck this lady. She gripped her right hand as the knuckles went white, but before the young firecracker did something that'd probably get her in the kind of trouble she wasn't aiming for, she smirked. Anke looked up into the instructors eyes, dropping her salute she said, "I'll definitely do better than you. They must have relegated you to training kids for a reason. Must be because you're scared of Titans so ya beat kids to feel brave."

Krause's eyebrow twitched again, but this time, she couldn't keep silent. She glared at Anke as words bubbled at the back of her throat, but the words she did let out weren't only directed at the small girl in front of her. "You are all a sorry, garbage group. You're not even worth my time," she snarled, her voice hoarse from all of her screaming. But something even darker bubbled in the back of her words-- disappointment, frustration, and anger. "All of you, get your asses on the track and start running! First person to drop to the ground gets no dinner tonight!"

A collective wave of disappointment slammed into her, though no one uttered so much as a groan of discontent. The recruits all moved as one as they filtered onto the track and started off at a light jog. Instructor Krause watched them run into the distance, a dangerous fire in her gaze as their figures became smaller and smaller. Kids... they were just kids, all of them. She sighed, deciding to lean against one of the cabins and watch them from the shade.

And so, the recruits ran for what seemed like countless hours, until the sun dipped behind the horizon.

Last edited:
a17906d8ff759aa12707cbca9c69f324.png

MENTIONS: Anke ( alexfangtalon alexfangtalon )
Beans! Beans for dinner! And not the gross, soggy red ones either, but the black ones that were filled with flavor and yummy stuff! Elke was more than happy as she sat next to her sister, currently in the process of scooping up the black orbules onto a little piece of stale bread. That run that Instructor Krause made them do made her lungs feel like they were on fire and her legs feel like they were going to snap off, but at least she didn't have to worry about being the first one to drop onto the ground. She hummed as she ate, glancing over at Anke and making sure her sister was eating as well. If she wasn't, well... maybe she could spare her her leftovers?

Their group seemed alright, at least. After introductions, it was like everyone started to act human again. People mingled together like groups of stray birds in the sky, and she could have sworn she heard laughter coming from multiple corners of the mess hall. The recruits were making friends of one another, which delighted the Shiganshinite. It would be bad if they made enemies of one another, right? They were supposed to work together, not be at odds with one another during training. If they cooperated with one another, that meant more people would make it until the end of the three years. And that meant that the Survey Corps, the Garrison, and the Military Police would get more numbers! It was a win-win for everyone... but then again, humans were weird.

"These beans are actually pretty tasty, aren't they, sis?" Elke asked as she peered up at Anke with wide, eager eyes.

A recruit across from her laughed and shook his head. She recognized him as Viktor Schmidt, a recruit from inside Wall Sina. He had honey blonde hair that fell to his shoulders and bright, lively green eyes that emitted warmth. "I've never seen someone so excited about beans before," he chuckled.

Elke winked and stuck out her tongue.
"Heyyy, food is food, no matter what it is! I'm just glad that I actually got to eat today. I can't imagine starving after such a long time running."

"Heh, guess you're right," Viktor chuckled again, although he glanced down at the beans with what Elke could tell was disappointment. "I'm just not used to food like this where I come from."

"I wish I could have been born in Wall Sina, I heard there's a lot of food there," Elke turned to Anke with a mischievous grin. "If you get into the Military Police, and I go to visit you when able, are you gonna give me some of your food, Anke?"

Fabio Bier

Fabio had, unfortunately, been the first to drop. As a result, he’d been banned from the evening meal.

He stared through a window into the expansive dining room, salivating at the beans served barely a dozen feet from his viewpoint. Fabio had gone without eating for a long time, and more than once, but never after a run like this. He ached in places he didn’t know he could ache in, and all he wanted was a nice, hot meal.

But no, he’d gone ahead and collapsed.

He pressed his face to the window, picking out notable figures from the crowd. Alastair, the Noble, who he’d immediately taken a disliking to. Pretty-boy Laurie, Smiley Nina, Thug Jericho, Big Vivian, Stuttering Sera, Twins Elke and Anke, Pretty-boy Laurie, all the rest, people he didn’t know. He shot another look at Laurie. He wasn’t unpleasant on the eyes, he begrudgingly admitted.

Fabio regretted lifting that purse. It seemed so simple, snatching a little bag from a Noble (Rianda? Reiss? One of those puffed-up families). And the lord had instantly seen him, shouting for a MP. He’d chosen the military over prison, and decided which regiment he would live and (likely) die in.

The Scouts.

Benedikt Baer
Interaction: Open
Mention: Selee-01 Selee-01

Benedikt shoveled another bite of beans in his mouth. He ate like a pig. "I'm so glad I wasn't the first to fail! I don't know what I would've done if I couldn't eat dinner."

The boy stuffed his mouth, completely disregarding table manners and proper etiquette. Feeling somewhat bad for the kid who couldn't eat, he looked up at him. The thought of that person being him, and thinking about how he would feel in that situation made him feel bad. Benedikt considered sneaking the kid some food but he thought about him and the other kid getting in trouble. The thought didn't roam around in his head too long, as he shrugged it off and continued devouring his food. When he was done, he sat back in his chair and held his now full stomach.

"Ahhh... I'm stuffed." The cadet ate good. Now he was ready to rest. Benedikt's eyelids slowly shut as he drifted off into slumber.

Last edited:
images (1).jpeg
Sera Mayer

Sera tried to keep distance from the other Recruits when picking a spot to eat at. Not cause she didn't want the chance to make any new friends, which she would have plenty of opportunities for later, it was cause she needed a quiet environment so she could think about what was to come.

All things considered, Sera thought she did fairly well when introducing herself to the Commander. Compared to Fabio anyway, who was now staring at everyone through a window, his face pressed up against the cold glass. Sera couldn't decide if it was funny or pathetic. Eh... why not the two together?

She was a Smuggler back in Trost, maybe she could help the starving grunt out. But for the time being, she wondered about the future, and what kind of fate it would bring all of them. Well for some of them anyway. She could tell which ones would be dead before training ended.

But not Sera though, she was going straight to the top. Not the Survey Corps who only act as Defense, not the Military Police who are just a load of cowards, she was going to join the Scouts and retake Wall Maria, even if she would need to die to make it happen.

That was the promise Sera made to her Mother, who in no way approved of the dangerous idea. She knew Sera was strong enough to make it into the Military Police, which she urged her to consider. None of it got through to Sera though. She just wanted to avenge her Father.

She took time when finishing the food she was given. It was a lot tastier compared to what they were forced to eat in Trost. She stuffed a single Potato in one of the pockets and smuggled it outside. She didn't make any eye contact with the fellow Recruit, not wanting to strike anything up. All the same, she handed it to Fabio.

Last edited:
e7f2475837841c216f47f9f4222c734e.png

INTERACTIONS: Elke Vinter ( M Moonlessite ), Fabio Bier ( Selee-01 Selee-01 ), Sera Mayer ( homintales homintales ), Technically everyone though

This. Food. IS AMAZING! What the crap. She heard the soldiers at the refugee camp saying the food at training was awful. What the heck were they talking about. Even the stale bread tasted a little bit better than the bread that she and Elke had been surviving on for years. She stared at the food in wonder. Was it the different kind that made it so good or the cooks? She was enjoying the, to her at least, gourmet meal one slow bite at a time. Though out of the corner of her eye, she saw the guy who'd fallen looking longingly through the window. *Dang it. He's making the food taste bad.* She didn't have any reason to feel guilty. It's not like she was the only one to piss off the Instructor. Still, likely wouldn't be the last time if she was gonna try and get the boot outta camp. If everyone else got punished for her mouthing off they'd all likely start to hate her. That didn't matter much to her, but she didn't want it to somehow impact Elke's social standing.

After seeing the miserable kid out the window Anke stopped eating. Urgh, why did that kid not getting any food bother her so much? She thought back to the run. Well, jog really. After they had all been told to do laps Anke got a little peeved. She was supposed to get in trouble. Not anyone else. Especially not Elke. In an attempt to spite the woman as well as out of her competitive spirit, Anke began running at full speed to catch up to the ones who'd already been going. She was fast and had a lot less weight to carry than them, so it wasn't that hard to reach the front of the pack, but like an idiot, she kept sprinting. The young spitfire didn't care if she got no food tonight. It just meant she'd eat heartier tomorrow. However, as her energy waned, her desire to eat grew rapidly. Soon she was jogging like those in the far back. Anyone could've caught up to her, but she didn't fall. *I'm an idiot* She berated herself. She kept jogging until she heard some random rejoice that the person in front of him fell. Looking back she saw the moron fall to his knees head and arms raised high. If she wasn't so exhausted, Anke would've yelled at him to stop being a fool.

She was then drawn out of her reverie by Elke asking something. *What?* She looked at her sister not really sure what to say. What did she ask? With a shaky, "Yeah, absolutely." The glee in her sister's eyes made Anke smile. She didn't know what she was so happy about but that didn't matter. Her smile rapidly changed into a scowl. What the heck was this guy's deal. She let the two talk seeing as he wasn't bothering Elke but scoffed slightly when she realized he was from Wall Sina. *What is Sina-trash doing here? No way he lasts more than a week.*

She turned back to her sister with a cocky grin, "If anyone makes it to the MP that'd be you. You're much smarter than me. That's what the MP really needs. They don't need my help chasing down criminals." She started chuckling until she saw over to the next table where some punks were eyeing them. Glaring at the table of wimps she realized that they were probably pissed about having to run. It wasn't even her fault but because she was the last to anger the beast she was likely gonna be made the target of their grief. Well, screw them. Why should she care if they had a little bit of exercise? But she saw how they were also looking at Elke. Groaning, she knew if she kept causing trouble there was a chance of everyone getting roped in again. She doubted they'd do anything too stupid but the thought of people disliking Elke because of her just irked her. Thinking up a solution, the troublemaker stood up and called out in her best friendly tone, "Hey everyone, sorry to interrupt your meal but I wanted to apologize. I know I wasn't the only one but I guess I pulled on Klause's last straw back there. Didn't expect her to send everyone running. I'll try to be more reserved from now on. Thanks for listening." Sitting back down, Anke kept the smile up in case anyone was still watching. That last part was a lie. She'd be stirring trouble for as long as she was here but if she acted like a ditz then maybe they wouldn't care as much. Yet, her gaze soon fell on the window that the dude had been glaring from.

Something was different. She couldn't tell what but looking at him again she realized he may not have heard her. She needed to make sure he wasn't gonna be mad at her as well, and seeing him slobbering on the window made her lose her appetite. "Elke, I'm gonna hit the hay. Tell me if Inner-Wall tries to pull something." Glaring at, whatever his name was, Anke stood grabbing her plate. She had almost eaten half of her food before she lost her appetite so this likely would be a good enough peace offering. She could feel some of the weird looks she received as she made her way towards the door with almost a full plate. Didn't matter. If they still disliked her and ratted her out it'd just make them the villain instead. Actually, that'd be preferable. The ire of the camp would likely shift. Opening the door she saw Fabio with a potato in his hand and a girl standing in front of him. How on earth had he gotten that? Whatever. She had more food on her plate than a single potato and the sight of him wolfing that potato down made her believe he'd likely take it. Looking at the girl she nodded her head acknowledging that she probably gave him the spud. That in and of itself made her think higher of this girl than anyone else here that she's met, but looking back to the boy, "Hey, sorry that you didn't get to eat because of me. Looks like that wouldn't have been a problem anyway, but still, take this. I feel bad making you have to sit out here. I'm not all that hungry anyway."

Last edited:
Sera Mayer

Sera tried to keep distance from the other Recruits when picking a spot to eat at. Not cause she didn't want the chance to make any new friends, which she would have plenty of opportunities for later, it was cause she needed a quiet environment so she could think about what was to come.

All things considered, Sera thought she did fairly well when introducing herself to the Commander. Compared to Fabio anyway, who was now staring at everyone through a window, his face pressed up against the cold glass. Sera couldn't decide if it was funny or pathetic. Eh... why not the two together?

She was a Smuggler back in Trost, maybe she could help the starving grunt out. But for the time being, she wondered about the future, and what kind of fate it would bring all of them. Well for some of them anyway. She could tell which ones would be dead before training ended.

But not Sera though, she was going straight to the top. Not the Survey Corps who only act as Defense, not the Military Police who are just a load of cowards, she was going to join the Scouts and retake Wall Maria, even if she would need to die to make it happen.

That was the promise Sera made to her Mother, who in no way approved of the dangerous idea. She knew Sera was strong enough to make it into the Military Police, which she urged her to consider. None of it got through to Sera though. She just wanted to avenge her Father.

She took time when finishing the food she was given. It was a lot tastier compared to what they were forced to eat in Trost. She stuffed a single Potato in one of the pockets and smuggled it outside. She didn't make any eye contact with the fellow Recruit, but she handed it to Fabio.
Fabio Bier

He continued to stare through the glass, stomach rumbling, until a few recruits began to leave the building. One, Stammering Sera, drew a potato from a pocket. Fabio’s blue eyes widened as she offered the snack to him.

Fabio’s mother hadn’t birthed a fool, and he snatched it up faster than Sera could blink. He began to scarf it down, savoring the simple flavor, a few crumbs falling onto his jacket. After a few huge bites, Fabio finished off the potato, and brushed himself clean. He offered Stamm- Sweet Sera a smile, and pleasantly waved to her.

“Thank you,” he said, with a good-natured smile. “I really appreciate it. So, what’s your story?”

alexfangtalon alexfangtalon

After Fabio finished his gruesomely swift consumption of the potato, he shot Anke a look. Upon seeing the plate, he smiled cheerfully.

“Must be my lucky day,” he laughed, as he took the plate. “Thank you for the gift! You’re from... where?"

Last edited:
Vivian Schweiss - Collab Post

Vivi was surrounded by other recruits, though she didn't speak to any of them. Her spoon remained half-dipped in her cold bean dish, her chin placed in the palm of her hand as she gazed at a certain dark-haired individual. Was it really him, after all of this time? She thought she'd never see him again. Now that he was in front of her, what was she supposed to feel? Angry, worry? The beans in front of her only got colder, and the bread only staler.

Mentions: ShadyLady ShadyLady M Moonlessite @ Anyone who wants to join in

Leon, with his clothing drenched in sweat, entered the food hall last. It was not the jog that tired Leon out. His body was made for long distances, his long legs and arduous work on a farm made his body well adjusted to physical stress. However, Krause had other plans to punish his sleeping escapade. He was given a scrub, a bucket and was monitored as he cleaned everyone's cabin. Leon had milked cows for hours on end, but the work Krause made sure to put him through was beyond finger busting. His arms were practically worms in rain at this point and could hardly keep themselves attached to his body. When he passed Vivian, her eyes seemed to be trailing off. She seemed to be fixated into the crowd. It was a callous mistake for her meal, the unlucky loaf of bread was a vulnerable target. A man of opportunity but moreover, stealth, Leon found the prime moment to snatch a staling piece of bread from Vivian's distracted palms. While she sat engrossed, Leon quickly snatched the bread from her fingers. He stood in front of her, scarfing down the loaf. "Sorry, you looked like you needed some help finishing your food."

Leon patted her shoulder before leaving to grab some beans and bread of his own. After he had gathered his meal, Leon began looking for a table. His eyes grew a begrudging glare at Nina, shuffling over to her table.

"Hey." He said with as little courtesy as possible. He found the empty seat next to her, setting his beans totally without grace.

"Nina, how could you let me come here sleeping? You know what I had to clean!?" Leon said, shuddering at the thought. His eyes went blank, and a long pause followed this statement. "You don't want to know." He said in a grim tone.

Leon tiredly began digging into his food, shooting a quick glance. "I heard you got into some trouble too. What happened? Did her perfume smell like cake so you tried getting a bite in?"

Nina had been sharing her table with no one else (she probably stinks so no one wanted to sit next to her). Bowls of previous people had been left there but the seats seemed welcoming for anyone who might want to join in.

Last edited:
images (1).jpeg
Sera Mayer

Sera didn't have any immediate plans on conversing with the other Recruits. She wanted to get to sleep so she could wake up as soon as possible and start training. It sounded like an excellent strategy to get on the Commander's good side, if she even had one.

However, for some reason she felt inclined to speak with Fabio. ''My name is Sera Mayer.'' She said to him, not offering up a smile in return. ''What's my story?'' Sera leaned against the window that previously had Fabio's starving face planted on it. ''I came from Trost to retake Wall Maria and avenge my Father.''

She was being completely upfront with Fabio, which might've been a bad idea. A goal like that probably made Sera sound crazy to everyone. "He was o-one of the 200,000 unfortunate souls sent to reclaim Wall M-Maria." Sera paused, not out of sadness, instead something a whole lot stronger. "I'm going to join the Sc-scouts and finish what they co-couldn't." She paused for a second. "Sounds kind of stupid, doesn't it?''

Though she asked him a question, Sera didn't wait too long for a reply. Someone else was coming up from behind. She gave Fabio a friendly pat on the shoulder before walking off. She took a quick glance around to see Anke, the same person who didn't make the best impression in the cafeteria a few seconds ago.

Sera was a bit surprised to see Anke offer a nod before giving a large plate of food to Fabio. Hopefully the Commander hadn't seen the two donate a portion of their rations. Cause she was one of the few people that managed to frighten Sera.

Last edited:

Interacts: Castello Castello

Regret wasn’t something Nina felt often, not over words she’d happily repeat. Running happened to be something she was good at, long days of work and racing through the open fields of her families old land had ensured that. She’d been one of the first to start running and predicted she still wouldn’t be the first to drop. Nina was right of course, and the unfortunate soul who’d fallen first was to be barred from the most decent meal Nina had in awhile. What a shame. Poor thing had been staring in at them, face mushed against the window with eyes like a kicked puppy. That pitiable gaze was enough to make her start feeling guilty. She wasn’t a fool, she knew how hard food was to come by lately and she should just eat her fill in her own peaceful silence. Still, remorse for the poor boy trickled away at her and after a few moments she caved, carefully hiding a piece of bread away to offer the boy when she left. Without food he wouldn’t last long here and Nina thought everyone deserved an equal chance. Her quiet mealtime was soon cut short and she was almost caught stashing the baked good away. Pale eyes flickered over to rest on a familiar unfriendly face approaching her as a boy sat himself down beside her.

It hadn’t been too long since Nina had watched Leon swipe an unlucky victims bread and devour it in front of them. Honestly, that boy’s mind baffled her sometimes, no amount of helpful pointers could get him to change. At the sound of his greeting, she swallowed the food in her mouth quickly. “Hey.” She greeted easily, a chirpy noise of acknowledgement directed his way even when her nostrils flared from the unpleasant smell that clung to him. She’d realised the moment he sat down next to her he was drenched in sweat, more so than any other person in the mess hall. Regardless of that, a smile was present on her face, easily offered to those around her. “I saw what you did y’know, you better go apologise to whoever she is. Maybe make a friend? It’d do you some good.” Nina encouraged, eating what remained of her food with a pleasant low hum.

To her dismay and amusement, Nina quickly realised peace was never an option. She should have expected it really, that he’d blame her for his own shortcomings. Dropping her cutlery in her bowl, Nina frowned at Leon. “Don’t blame me! I’m not your personal alarm clock and I’m not one who called the instructor mom.” She snickered, delighting in the chance to tease him even if she wasn’t entirely certain it was true. “Did you really call her that?” A pout was on her lips, brought on from the disappointment that she didn’t get to witness the spectacle of Leon making a fool of himself.

Tucking back to the last of her food, Nina only managed to get through another spoonful before choking on the beans in her mouth as she listened to Leon’s comment, making a poor attempt to mask her coughing and spluttering quietly. Managing to recover enough to gasp a lungful of air, Nina cast a light glare at Leon, “don’t compare that woman to cake! Does she seem sweet to you? No amount of perfume she wears could ever make her nice. All I did was talk to her and she sent me to run and you made a mistake and she attacked you.” Nina complained, eyes flashing annoyance, only dampening as they landed on Leon’s face as she remembered the hits he’d taken and she searched for any bruises on his skin. She quietened, concern weaving itself into her expression. “Are you okay?” She asked, tentative, a little embarrassed she’d forgotten to check already.

Last edited:
Alastair Reginar

The blonde poked at his plate full of beans, ignoring the rabble of other cadets as he looked poorly at his food. After taking a bite he sighed, "what bland food," he mumbled.

Alastair felt tired both physically and mentally, his legs ached from all the running and his stomach was bruised from that cannon blast of a punch. While Alastair does lightly exercise from time to time he wasn't prepared for the amount they would be doing, let alone on the first day. At least he wasn't the first to collapse.

Taking some attention off of his food Alastair looked around at the other cadets, they were all socializing and gulping down their food, one even stole bread from another. Alastair scoffed, wondering if they were ever taught manners, still it looked like they were having fun...​

8940e22128da524cea41172c5021c0c5.png

"I've been overlooking the task of whipping you miserable brats up into shape for too long," the commander bellowed, raking a flinty glare across the field. "Just to help put an end to a too-long war."
She began walking up alongside the first row of cadets. Jericho stood with his arms crossed. A cynical, arrogant lift of the chin greeted the seasoned captain as she stopped and turned in front of him, her tone curt yet cordial.
"Name, cadet."
"Jericho Mace." There was no salute, no straightening of the back, no address. Arms remained crossed at his chest, distrust weaved itself into his expression, framed by a tumble of unruly black locks and piercing dark eyes.

"Mace," echoed the commander, seemingly brushing off the insolence. Bitter recognition glimmered in her eyes as a biting, contemptuous smile graced her features. "They're sending me Military Police Commanders' worthless, criminal scum sons now, are they?"
Ah, there it was. A flash of that signature family temper, blazing in the boy's dark eyes for a dazzling moment before disappearing. But she was far from finished.
"Well?" Krause pressed as she leaned in, her voice dangerously low. "Are they?"
The temper reappeared, flowing back into the light behind his eyes like a poison, twisting his features and clenching his jaw. Despite this, his pride sealed his lips shut, his chin raised as he met her gaze defiantly. Krause's own jaw tightened, the taste of bad blood and old grudges in her mouth. Her eyes narrowed to slits.
It was always that trademark arrogance she could never stand.

Suddenly, the delinquent staggered back, a cough rising in his throat as a lightning quick, well placed fist made contact with his cheek.
"This isn't some Trostian gutter, street rat," came the unwelcome lesson in a cold, apathetic tone. "You will answer when spoken to by a superior." She gave a quick nod to the surrounding cadets to help him back to a standing position, only to be met by resistance as the youth got himself back up, wiping the back of his wrist against his bloody lower lip, anger simmering in his dark gaze.
"You are now part of the military," the commander continued harshly. "And as such, what you care about, what you want or need will count for shit in the face of the collective. All there is is your willingness to give me your heart, your soul, your body and your mind, no matter what the circumstances. Do you understand what that means?" She leaned ever closer, her voice lowering to a dangerous snarl.
A pause, broken by a sputtered chuckle.

"Sounds like shit you'd hear from a Sinian whorehouse," came the breathless yet taunting reply. A ripple of gasps and murmurs rose in the air for a few moments as the commander and the youth exchanged glares of steel. The tension was palpable, laying itself thick like churned butter.

"A quick tongue," the commander broke the spell first, almost approvingly. "I'm sure it served you well on the streets and against your bastard of a father." Jericho blinked, the unexpected finding of common ground throwing him off his game. "Unfortunately," Krause spoke up again, her voice back into a snarl, grabbing the hem of Jericho's shirt, pulling him out of the line. "I've no need for hood rats with clever words. Soldiers is what I aim to make of you, because only soldiers can face a Titan." With that, she gave him a hefty shove, nearly propelling him towards the ground.
"I hope the whorehouse gave you plenty of endurance, Mace," she said, a jeering lilt liftting the corner of her mouth despite her cold-blooded tone. "Because you'll be doing laps until the first morning bird's shit drops from the sky."

Sweat dripped from every pore. His shirt was abandoned long ago, sometime between twilight and midnight, though in his worn out state Jericho could hardly pinpoint right foot from left foot. Dawn was ushering in and soon, the lodges came back into view. Drawing breath was a painful affair, and his muscles were seized in a burning trance, creating an almost numb feeling as they refused to let loose and relax. The ground has turned to a bed of needles, sharp and piercing the bottom of his feet, making every step agonizing.
The rest had fallen away, like chaff in a field blown away by the summer winds. Krause had let them all go, all except one. Every time he had stopped for a drink, someone was dismissed. It soon became clear to Jericho that the bitch meant what she said - she was going to make him run until dawn. Whether or not such a feat could be accomplished was not part of the question - she was simply out for blood.

Insults and jeers were shot out to everyone in that procession, taking advantage of the fact that no comebacks could come their way; every breath was dedicated to the effort of movement. The world became a whirlwind, and for hours, there was nothing but the sounds of his own tortured effort. The temptation to drop beat with the force of a thousand drums, pounding at his conscience. Yet, in situations like these, the only true master was the subconscious, and his had an especially terrible habit of taking the challenge and swallowing it whole. There would be no backing down, no giving up until it was fully processed. His endurance was like an iron bar fitted perfectly within the grip of his hand, and he would never let it go.

Until the lodgings came into view.

It was then, and only then, when the last runner felt his legs give out from underneath him, dropping to the ground on his knees like a stone to the bottom of the lake. His shoulders heaved, his breath hoarse, his body glistening with exertion.
The commander came to him as the youth found it impossible to move. Her cold, apathetic eye assessed him in silence, trying to convince him that there was no begrudging admiration simmering underneath. A towel and his shirt was thrown to him. A flask full of spring water was passed as he forced himself upright again. The water was down in seconds, dribbling down his chin.

"Looks like the whorehouse taught you well, scum," the commander stated upon approach, landing no effort to conceal her disdain. "Get as much sleep as you can. Breakfast is in a few hours." She began to walk past him, but not before a hand clamped itself on her shoulder, prompting her to stop. His voice was low but hard, like steel.
"Is he coming?"
Krause's lips folded into a ghost of a derisive smile, but gave no answer as she shoved his hand away. "Hit the showers," was all she left him with before nodding to her guards and heading off.

Jericho's hair was a heap of defiant black curls, still damp from the showers and messy from his slumber. He wore nothing but a plain white shirt and dark trousers, with his signature black riding boots scuffing the floors as he made his way to the tables to pick up a piping hot bowl of black bean stew.
The smell awoke his voracious appetite, having eaten nothing since yesterday in the late afternoon, before the laps. He turned and faced the dining hall, his dark eyes roaming, paying little attention to the people and focusing on the spots where they were not. He spotted one not too far away. The developing ache of his overtaxed muscles did little to stem the delinquent's confident, self-possessed stride as he started to make his way there.
Until the sight of a pale-haired girl made him stop in his tracks.
She sat at the table, the free spot only two to her left. She did not completely face him, but there was no mistake that it was her. And by the looks of it, she hadn't noticed him either. Nevertheless, the burning sensation of unpleasant surprise and discomfort propelled his feet towards the opposite direction, his eyes darting from side to side in search of a new seat. He refused to land his gaze anywhere near her, not wanting to deal with the subsequent feelings of shame and indignation. The seats were seemingly all full, until Jericho's sharp eye caught a near empty table in the far corner of the hall. He made his way there and snatched a seat, which was unfortunately in full view for Vivian. His back faced her, but it wasn't long until he could sense her eyes on him as he scarfed down his bean soup. Out of sight, out of mind, his mind kept repeating. For the next three years?

If he wasn't so hungry, he would have cursed. But the bean soup had something spicy and flavorful in it that made one temporarily distracted from such complicated matters, and too soon, Jericho found himself with a near empty bowl. Once again, his eye was on the prowl for more food, his gaze landing on the prize two spots down on the table. The bread was untouched and the bean soup only eaten half way. It belonged to the only other person on the table; a girl who looked a few years his junior, with kind features and warm golden hair tied into two braids. Her skin was tan, as if she spent her days out in the fields.
She was talking to someone or other, a boy, about their troubles the other day. A smirk tugged at the adolescent's lips at the comment of the boy, and watched in amusement as the girl went off on him, before pausing to think and realize how insensitive she sounded. Indeed, out of the series of face offs with the commander that Jericho had first instigated with his own, he too couldn't help but remember that comical "mom" interaction. Kids took beatings like that all the time in the streets of Trost, so it was far from a strange event for the delinquent. And if Krause wasn't such an insufferable witch he would have given her points for contributing to that entertainment.

"He's fine," Jericho more or less loudly interjected to get her attention. "I've seen apples with worse bruising and boils than him. More importantly," he continued, leaning in as he gestured towards her meal. "You gonna finish that?"

Tags | ShadyLady ShadyLady M Moonlessite Castello Castello

0:23

2:10
D O O M

Last edited:
Collab
Jo Schreiber
& Laurie Arnault
Mentions: Fabio ( Selee-01 Selee-01 ) | Interactions: Vivian ( M Moonlessite )

https://i.imgur.com/BJrs0Sf.png
c23534344e54dafa1a2660146f3b8d6d.jpg

Laurie.

She knew she heard that name. It was a name she had to scrub clean from her mind, to forget about, but it always stuck like tar. Maybe she had imagined it. Maybe Jo’s already frazzled mind had conjured it up. But she knew that wasn’t the case.

Even as the entire training cadet squad was running alongside her, no thanks to one recruit’s words being the straw that broke the camel’s back, Jo searched. She had been trying to conserve energy as she jogged, knowing that spending it all at once would spend her. She would not be the one to drop first. And thank God, she wasn’t, but some poor sod, Fabio, who had collapsed. Most had relaxed a little after that, if the commander hadn’t spotted people laxing and given a strict warning they would be without food too.

Jo refused to relax. She couldn’t see anyone who looked like him in front. It would make sense, she only heard the name when she had started running. Laurie would have to be somewhere behind her, or perhaps, even besides her. She slowed a little, letting a few others overtake her, taking in the faces that passed her, still searching.

There was Laurie who was running a few paces in front of the spectacled red-head. It was easy for him to outrun people with his large strides. Unlike most, he was pacing himself evenly knowing full well that if he gave it his all then he would be one of the few to drop to the ground first.

His mind was still on his previous interaction with their fierce instructor. He was too hung up on thinking what he said wrong to notice the people he had passed by. Running mindlessly was something he liked to do whenever he liked to be alone with his thoughts but if he was being honest, it doesn’t really help him. “I wonder when Instructor Krause would tell me to stop running?”

There he was. Laurie. Sure, the voice sounded a little different from how she remembered it but there was no doubt who it belonged to. Damn that Laurie and his long-ass legs. Pushing herself onward, she overtook a few of the recruits, some of whom were starting to slow. It took a little more pushing in her body to reach alongside the black-maned young man before she looked at him and answered his musing.

“Don’t say that too loudly, Laurie. She’ll have us running all night at this rate.”

It took him a few seconds to realize that his name was called. He hadn’t noticed when the red-nosed teen had been running beside him but there she was answering his rhetorical question to himself. “Was I being too loud? Sorry about that.” He said sheepishly before giving her a quick look before focusing once again on the track ahead.

“I’m Laurie! But you already knew that…” He trailed off after remembering how she had called his name earlier. Still, a smile remained on his lips despite his little mishap. “How about you? What’s your name?”

“Huh?” Jo raised an eyebrow at Laurie, staring at him for a few moments. He was...joking, wasn’t he? But then that dumb smile on his face told her otherwise. He really wasn’t joking after all.

But rather than despair, Jo whacked his arm with her hand, her cheeks a reddening fury. “You don’t even remember me after five years?! Puh, and to think me, Little Jo, wasted a thought on you over the years!” Her voice carried over the recruits with disgust and anger, and yet, on the girl’s face was an ever-growing smirk.

Laurie’s brows raised slowly as his eyes widened in surprise. He could feel his blood rushing in his veins as a sudden bout of energy overcame his steps. He grinned from ear to ear when he heard the moniker, Little Jo. He should have given the teen beside him more attention! To think he didn’t recognize her just because he was too focused on what’s ahead.

He stopped running. The happiness he exudes was nothing but genuine as he hugged Jo before lifting her and twirling both of them until he felt the hammer of dizziness hit his temple. He let her go, a big and stupid grin on his face as he spoke, “Look at you all grown up!” His voice could be heard throughout the track and behind him was a steaming Krause.

Jo hadn’t expected Laurie to stop in his running. It turned out, he had little fear of Krause, for when he did, he grabbed her and lifted her off the ground. She squeaked, holding onto him, as they spun around, though, she laughed all the while as he did so. She landed back on her feet, though, did stumble with the dizziness and readjusted her glasses, and continued to laugh. “Me? What about you?! You’ve gotten--!”

“Oi! Did I tell you two to stop?!” Krause yelled, her glare at its darkest than it had been all day. “What is this, some star-crossed lovers bullshit? On my track?!” She turned to Laurie, jabbing him harshly in the chest. “You and four-eyes here just earned yourself a hundred push-ups.”

Jo swallowed back before trying to explain, “Commander Krause, ma’am, this is just a misunder--”

Two hundred pushups,” Krause growled, closing the space between her and Jo, to which Jo almost crumpled. “Schreiber, Arnault, down on the ground!”

Jo looked to Laurie before she got down on the ground and started her sets. She would have laughed at the irony of meeting like this, of catching up like this. Though, the two hundred pushups made this anything but laughable.

He was quick to follow after the young Schreiber. He was about to speak but shut his mouth the moment their instructor gave them two hundred pushups. Once Krause had walked away, Laurie had turned to his old friend with an apologetic smile. "Shouldn't have done that. Sorry for dragging you into this but I'd say it's even because you gave us extra push-ups."

A short laugh escaped his lips, "It's not how I'd thought we'd see each other again but still I'm glad." He said to her with nostalgia clear in his bright blue eyes. There were a lot of things for them to talk about but that can wait. They need to conserve their energy by finishing the sets first.

Jo was already puffing, she glanced over towards Laurie before rolling her eyes at him. Yeah, her big mouth and all that. She did have to smile though at his comment at being reunited in such a place.

Her legs. She couldn’t feel her legs. Well, only slightly, but it was like her legs were made of stone. Currently, both Jo and Laurie were both dragging themselves to the dining hall, groaning and complaining all the while.

“Fuck,” Jo cursed, stopped, trying to wriggle her leg, “fucking cramp!” She grumbled, holding onto Laurie’s arm as she did so. “The hug could have waited until after the training session, you know!”

Laurie whimpered as he felt his limbs burn and became heavier with every step he took. "Agh!" He let out as the pain only intensified by the other's grip on his arm. "I'm sorry, alright. I just got really happy to see you." Though he was suffering, he still smiled at Jo.

"C'mon, just a little more and we're at the dining room." He cried out to her as he dragged himself and his companion to the place where they'd finally get a taste of what everyone was having.

The dining room...where the food was...and most importantly, water. She could practically taste it all in her mouth. It spurred her on to push herself even further, even up those dreaded stairs where she only groaned more at. Eventually, she reached the wooden door and pushed it open, staring inside at the other recruits who were already tucking into their meals.

“Hah...we made it…” Jo gave something of an exhausted and half-hearted fist bump. She shuffled inside, dragging Laurie with her to the nearest empty bench with a loud thump as her ass hit the wood. “Never...again…” She mumbled, rubbing her thighs. The results of that had better shown within the week.

Laurie was panting. Relief is clear on his face as he gave his friend a weak bump to the fist before they trudged inside. His shirt stuck to his skin while he felt the dew running down his skin. "Yeah… I'll do my best not to get on Krause's bad side. Or at least drag you with me." He smirked at the thought but he really would avoid dragging his red-headed friend if that were the case.

"Oh gosh. Water." He quickly grabbed the cup on the table and took big gulps to where there was nothing left to drink. "Ha…" It was as if his lungs were burning and they weren't doused enough to put the sting out.

He looked around, noticing a pitiful-looking teen by the window who seemed to be staring right at him but he was too tired to wonder about it. He flitted his eyes to the table and noticed someone else sitting there other than the two of them. "Hello," He gave a small wave to the white-haired teen and noticed how she was missing a cup. "I'm guessing this was yours? Sorry about that." He stated gently. "I'll get you a new one if you give me a minute to gather some of my strength back."

Jo glanced to the side, only to find Laurie drinking from a cup. Jealousy coursed through her until she realized the cup wasn’t his. She looked across to what she assumed was the owner of the cup. She cringed before she turned to Laurie to scold him, though, it turned out he had already noticed his transgression.

The red-head turned back to the girl, “Sorry. You can imagine how tired we are after the laps…and the push-ups...” The goddamn push-ups...she did search though, for a little bit, wondering where the bread was, and the beans, and at least something to get in her belly.

Laurie's head has been to and fro for the last five minutes looking for the food. Almost everyone had already had their plates, the two were one of the very few without it. He nudged Jo's side gently as his eyes locked on the trays of beans and stale bread.

He was giddy at the sight of it. Finally, he thought, food! The dark-haired teen quickly made way to get food as his mouth started to salivate at the idea of eating. Seconds later he had a cup for the other trainee and a plate in hand as he got back to his seat with the white-haired cadet. "Here's the cup I promised you."

Jo wasn’t that long behind Laurie in gathering some food and water for herself. Perhaps, when she was younger, she would have turned her nose up at this kind of food, but now, she’d take anything she could get. Her family never starved, per se. Only because she refused to ever let her father get them to that stage.

What she wouldn’t give for Miss Leticia’s Pork Sisig. Ooh, and her Shepherd’s Pie too. And the little pastries she made...gah, she’d just have to imagine it, like she had been for so long now. She wondered what she thought of Laurie joining the training corps.

The red-head returned to her seat, giving a quiet ‘oof’ as she lowered herself down onto the bench. This would sting in the morning. She had run her body ragged before but two hundred push-ups and a myriad of laps was something she wasn’t used to. She had realised, though, that they hadn’t introduced themselves to the poor recruit that Laurie had practically stolen water from.

“Jo, but I’m sure you already know that from today's introductions,” she introduced herself with a nod, though, hadn’t waited for an answer as she tucked into her beans.

"Hi, I'm Laurie!" He said in between bites. It's rude, but he can't help it. "You're uh… Vi-Vielle? Vi-Vilma Switz was it?" He scratched his head before continuing on. "Here, I noticed you didn't have any bread. It's important to eat as our body converts it into energy. Right, Jo?" His attention moved to his four-eyed friend hoping that their words would push Vivian to eat.

Jo hummed an affirmative, nodding before she swallowed back what she had in her mouth. “In the simplest terms, that’s correct, Laurie. Glad to see you still pick up a book now and then,” she teased. Though, she did look at Laurie, immediately correcting him with, "Vivian, is her name, I believe." She looked back to the girl for confirmation.

Last edited:
9b8e9b65cd9f2f6cdc5a345e8907aeee.png
, Fabio Bier, & Sera Mayer
Interacting with : Each other
Collaboration between : ( alexfangtalon alexfangtalon ), ( Selee-01 Selee-01 ), & ( homintales homintales )

Anke looked at the girl, who she now knew as Sera, and grimaced when she heard that she’d known one of the unfortunate sacrifices the military had thrown away. She wasn't smart, but she knew that those people hadn’t stood a chance, especially given how few of them had any sort of training. Anke contemplated giving her condolences, but in all likelihood that wouldn’t really help much, and it had already been so long since that time.

She awkwardly stood there looking at her feet until the boy addressed her as well. Looking at him, she grimly replied, “Name's Anke Vinter. I’m from Shiganshina. Right in the center of that whole mess. What about you?”

“Same here,” Fabio said, recalling that day. The Titans devouring men, women, and children like snacks. The panic, the fear, as people trampled each other in their exodus. “I’m from Shiganshina. My name’s Fabio if you want to know.”

Sera, learning that the other two recruits were from the same Wall that took away one of two parents, turned around and walked back over to them. She looked at them and asked, “You two are really from Shiganshina?” There wasn’t a stutter to be found in the question.

“Yeah, I am,” Fabio said. “Why?”

Anke looked at the boy, paying a lot more attention. There was a vague but familiar look to him. Maybe? She would only get time to ask him later, as Sera appeared to be interested in their common hometown. She nodded her head. “Shiganshinite born and raised. Until the attack, I’d never left the district.”

This was Sera’s chance to finally learn something about Wall Maria, other than the fact that it was totally under Titan control with little potential to reclaim it. She looked at the two of them and asked three separate questions. “What was it like d-during the fall? What kind of T-Titans did you see? Were there any Abnormals?”

Fabio looked haunted, his eyes in a different place. He searched through his almost corrupted memories, dredging up his recollections.

“There was an… Armored Titan,” he said haltingly. “It looked like a demon, with jagged, broken-glass armor plating its skinless body. And there was… there was the Colossus. It was huge, bigger than anything I’ve ever seen. It had a skull for a face, and it had no skin. Just steaming muscle, like something out of a butcher shop.” He looked slightly ill. “And then the regular Titans... too many to count.”

“I didn’t actually see the Armored Titan. Heard the crash. It was… deafening. I did get a good look at the Colossal Titan’s face as it looked over the wall. Those eyes were the worst part. It’s like we were being examined and appraised like livestock. I -” Before she could continue, a memory flashed before Anke’s eyes. The disgusting creature, that sound. Anke went slightly pale as she gripped her arm tight. It took her a moment to get over the brief recollection but she eventually looked up, “I had a close encounter with a Titan. It wasn’t anything to sneeze at.”

It was a lot to think about, especially for someone like Sera, who lived in Trost, which wasn’t even affected by the attack. Not in a loss of life anyway. “W-well, I’m sorry to hear about that.” It probably meant very little to the two of them. “My Father went to reclaim it along wi-with 200,000 other men. I’m sure you’ve heard about that purge operation in disguise?” Not a single person believed the government when they said they were sending those men off to reclaim Wall Maria. They just wanted there to be less mouths to feed, so they would starve slower. “I plan to go up there m-myself once I enlist in the Scouts. What r-regiment are you two thinking of joining?”

“I want to join the Scouts as well,” Fabio said after taking a second to regain his composure. “I mean, all I want is to see what’s on the outside of these Walls. Even if I die by a Titan’s teeth, at least I’ll have died somewhere outside this… prison.”

“Okay, I’m gonna stop you right there. Don’t go looking to die. That’s just gonna make it more likely. As for where I plan on going? I don’t rightly know at the moment. Elke, kind of messed with my plans. She didn’t mean to, but I go wherever she does.”

“You want to join the Sc-Scouts?” Sera asked Fabio like it was some kind of a joke. “No offense intended…” She tried not to sound rude. “Weren’t you the first one to pass out when we were running? Maybe you should g-go for the Garrison. I’d say go for the Military Police… But that takes a lot more work to get recommended for.” She turned to Anke, and, in a more understanding manner, responded to her. “You though, I can’t tell where you belong. But like you s-said, wherever Elke goes, you go. I think I can re-respect that.”

Fabio shot Anke a look, an unusual intensity burning in his eyes.

“I don’t want to die. I never have, and I never, ever will. That would be an insult to everyone who died for me to be here. If I do perish, then I wouldn’t mind. But I’d do everything to avoid that.” He turned to Sera.

“I’m more than meets the eye, my friend. Besides, the Scouts are at the bottom of the barrel, so anyone can get in there. The Garrison’s not where I want to spend my life, I guess. Too… lifeless. What would I do there? Play at being a soldier, grow old, get married, have kids, die, and for what? The Military Police aren’t so bad, but I would need a reason to spend the greater part of my life there. Someone to take me along.”

“Well, I’m sorry I misunderstood you. Anytime I hear people talk about how they might die it just seems off to me.” Listening to him explain what he thought of each regiment did annoy her quite a bit though Especially calling the Scouts the bottom of the barrel. She was of the mind that neither she nor Elke had any reason to join the Scouts, but they were still amazing. “Hey, the Scouts aren’t the weakest. They go out and fight the Titans constantly. Until a few years ago the only ones who’ve seen a Titan up close would be them. You gotta have some major inner strength to do that all the time.”

She then turned to look at Sera again. “As for where I belong, it’s wherever I go that would make Elke safest. Originally that was likely going to be the boring old MP but then she decided to enlist. Couldn’t do anything about that. In your case, Sera, I’d say wait till you get an up-close look at a Titan before deciding that. Instincts are stronger than desires. Well, most of the time.”

Sera, who was partially confused, rhetorically asked, “W-who says I need to get a close look at one of them?” She said with a small grin. “The way I see it, the-they’re no different from us. They can all die, so long as the one doing the killing has enough determination. A-and believe me when I tell you, no one can even come close to me in that factor.” She urged Fabio to go with the Garrison. “The Garrison isn’t so bad from what I’ve heard. And it’s not li-lifeless. Do you not know which regiment is the first to respond when the Wall is attacked?”

Fabio nodded in thought.

“True, I guess. But they don’t go anywhere. Sure, you can see a long way from the top of the Wall, but it’s not a view I want to see forever. Just looking isn’t enough for me. I want to touch the sands beyond the Wall, the soil, the sea. Everything the old people whisper about when they remember the stories their parents and grandparents told them about the world. This world’s got to be bigger than anything we can imagine here. And I want to go there.”

Anke chuckled. Hearing other wanna-be soldier’s thoughts was interesting. She was mostly surprised by how Fabio wanted to go back and fight the Titans. She wanted to get as far away from them as she could, all the while bringing Elke with her. She could understand Sera’s point of view though. She hasn’t seen a Titan. Her father was also unjustly sent to his death like a pawn on the chessboard. Either way, this was a pleasant chat, but the run from earlier was really starting to catch up with her.

“Well, I doubt any of us will change another’s desires. Anyway, it’s getting pretty late and we’re all likely exhausted. I’m gonna go hit the sack. You guys should probably do the same. I bet that Krause thinks she took it easy on us. It was a great pleasure getting to know you guys. Good night.” Nodding her head to the two, she starts the slow walk towards the cabins.

“I guess I should as well.” Fabio said to the two of them. “Thanks for the food, I really appreciate it." Fabio gave one last smile and a quick wave before turning around and walking over to the men’s cabins.

Now alone once more, Sera stretched a bit before following closely behind Anke over to the cabin. She was right about not being able to change Sera’s desire. Her desire to subjugate each and every one of the Titans in Wall Maria and set the world back to the way it was.

1614985344858.png
Mentioned: Vivian M Moonlessite
Interacted: Jericho KaramelKarma KaramelKarma Nina ShadyLady ShadyLady
Hex code: 5959B9

Leon deferred eye contact from Nina when she asked him to make a friend. He offered Vivian a quick glance, but returned his vision over to Nina-- all there was to offer her was a lackadaisical shrug. "It's a guy eat bread world out there Nina, you have to keep your eyes out." Was the only response he could offer her. There was a relieved edge to his disposition when he caught a girl and boy interacting with Vivian, however. Nina may be able to notice his body loosen up a bit.

Her second response had issued rosy cheeks from Leon. His initial reply was silence, as he ate bean by bean. He finally mustered up the integrity to make eye contact with eye brows curling and his arms hitting the table in defiance. "I didn't call her mom, okay?" Leon shook his head. "Krause is old, she probably can't hear too well. I obviously said MA'AM." His voice began to mumble. "This is just a stupid misunderstanding."

He would nod his head at her response, shuddering. "She's like a cake with salt instead of sugar."

Before Leon could muster a reply to Nina's concern, Jericho entered the scene. Leon nodded in response to him. "That's right." He said with a reassuring smile. "I have had stronger cows kick me before back at the farm. I should be used to it by now, right?"

Something about Jericho's entrance seemed to sober Leon up. He retracted slightly, scooted into his seat further back. What had once been open posture seemed to close up. His eyes were kept on Jericho and were more analytical than before. His visage was neutral, showing very little emotion until Jericho made a move.

When Jericho began to lean forward, Leon stabbed his fork towards the table between him and Nina. "Be careful. You get your fingers too close and she won't know what is bean and what is finger." Leon's brow grew rather grim and he gave a genuine glance to Jericho. "I have learned it the hard way."

Interactions: Castello Castello KaramelKarma KaramelKarma

Displeasure flashed in Nina’s eyes. The barest coating of annoyance dusted her freckled features, invisible to those who lacked a trained eye with her more minute expressions. Someone else had seated themselves at the table, making his presence known and rather rudely. Shifting to stare at him, Nina switched to a sweet smile, all traces of faint disapproval gone. Their new company was young, older than her by a few years, wearing a white knife of a smirk. Some of his hair was falling free, dangling next to his cheeks like stray brush-strokes, carelessly inked, out of place. Vaguely, Nina recognised him as Jericho, the one who’d had the pleasure of speaking to Krause first. Remembering that he’d been dealt a blow of his own by the fierce instructor, the edges of her lips curled. “Didn’t you get hit too? I hope you’re okay.” She simpered softly, tapping her chin idly as she mulled over his thinly veiled request. There had been the bread roll she’d been stashing away for the boy who’d fallen earlier. Taking a glance at the window revealed his disappearance, he’d likely went to sleep off the hunger or eat other food that had been snuck out somewhere more private. It wouldn’t hurt to give the bread away to someone else instead. The more pressing question was whether she wanted to.

Huffing a quiet laugh at Leon stabbing the table and offering his poor words of wisdom, Nina spoke for herself, “I was planning on finishing it, all that running made me hungry.” She hummed as she shovelled a spoonful into her mouth. “But if you really need food I could give you some, I just don’t know if I should.” Nina added happily, another mouthful of beans easily swallowed the moment she finished speaking. There was just under half of her meal left and she showed no signs of slowing. “Besides, haven’t you already eaten? Don’t be greedy.” She blinked innocently, a pleasant beam brightening her face.

The more generous part of Nina warned her to stop teasing and just offer him the food already. She’d sensed some aggression sparking between the two boys, food could be a great solution to it. Unravelling the bread from where it was wrapped, she held it up for Jericho to see,
“maybe if you ask nicely I’ll give you some.”

Last edited:
Ramiel Diakos
Elyse Hildebrand Danidify Danidify
Ramiel Diakos was born to run. He was, till the end of time, bending the clock whose arrow hands had already torn through both of his atriums. Surrealism couldn’t hope to capture his run— he was not orchestrated art like his executive whose hair tangled with the shifting tinctures of the yawning sun and whose footsteps were analogous to the sound of wind flutes. Elyse Hildebrand was not a rag to time like he was, and in that simplicity, there was a divide between them. She was Paradise’s utopian child, such a fantasy of crown and treasure, who could rise castles under lids of eyes closed. She was worth a thousand dead men. He was not; He’d be one of those thousand, nameless dead men. He would be replaced in a single burial.

She ran thick of a thrumming pulse for her honor. He ran in grey sweat, the skinned dew drops sticking to his skin, so he could survive. Tender came the night and from the crafty side-eye glimpse, he found the director of his fate loosening on her repertory pace as the trees perished south to the dominating blackness of the sky. Resist—he had to. For her. He always tried to leave one too many times, but they were tied together, rope bound, from beginning to eternity.

On this occasion, his senses deliberately slow; his feet braking into the ground which bore the history of countless runners. There is the silky intake of breath, before it crashes down into a chord too long. Anew is the pull between his legs in his sprint; it’s no longer acrid and supping the devil’s regard. He floats to her side, and in a progression between a thumping heart and a full chest, says to the effect, “Tired, already, Hildebrand?”

From the eventide, they made it towards the lodgings which were deeply brown under the visage of a drowned sun, torched within the frames of the windows by flame. Fermented beans that have been boiled to steaming soup fills his nose as he swings the door open. There was a false dawn within by the undulating candles that sat on shacked up logged tables. Rented by cadets, figures overtook the emptiness. Attending the cadets under the slate-rectangle roof were chiming into conversations. Preferring not to involve himself with the bicker surfing from several cadets. He didn’t make a special effort to find Elyse. In that respect, she had been seated alone with a spoon spiritless;y nudging her soup.

“Not your liking? Looking for that royal treatment?” he jested, “Come on, you must’ve got bored of those cakes at some point and bean soup is obviously the best replacement.”

His elbow slid across the table as he breezed into the seat beside her. At his disposal, he poured himself his own bowl, before wryly grinning. “Your majesty, my fair lady-” He esteemed, before insultingly getting to the point, “Bean soup will help you cut down those calories, so you can actually run when those Titans come after you.”

He morosely took a spoon of soup to conceal his laugh, chewing delicately.

ELYSE HILDEBRAND
the royal burden.

Heavy, flighty steps ventured forth in a cacophony of coarse, visceral pants, together forming the ungraceful and ever-so-gritty rhythm of what was supposed to be a valiant royal star. Elyse’s mind was fleeting in capacity with every other step she took, but there was one thing she knew for certain:

This was going to be the death of her.

Whether it would be the toxic and menacing grunt of an instructor, the unruly bunch of recruits, or her personal watchman staring her into the soil, she didn’t know. In all honesty, it’d likely be a combination of all three, bonding together like a volatile whirlwind that would send her flying straight back to her petite, shackled existence.

Speaking of shackles, forth it came.

“Tired, already, Hildebrand?” the thunder cracked, Elyse’s eyes rolling at the speed of light as they laid eyes on the clearly more resilient brat. It was as if his mere presence invigorated her body to spontaneously grow faster to, you know, swiftly flee.

“Just you wait, Diakos.” she’d pant in resistance, exhaustion audibly combated by a concoction of spirited sass and pure annoyance. “I just have to get used to, to-”

The mundane necessity of breathing halted her otherwise elegant phrasing, her body subsequently announcing a lovely light burn around the heart. It seemed like she wasn’t the only one trying to fight a battle, for her organs were hellbent on stopping this torturous run.

“get used to this pace, and I’ll be-”

Another visceral breath erupted. It started to frustrating at this point, but Elyse wouldn’t let herself get incapacitated this easily, however. She had her priorities straight.

“Running faster than your… big feet could ever dream of.”

Success at last, though one that admittedly left a bit of a sour taste in her mouth. Big feet? Really? It seemed apparent that her blood was not properly aimed for her cortex, for this was not exactly a masterwork she could find pride in.

Fortunately, dinner came in time to replenish her energy, though it came at a cost, it seemed.

Elyse’s face crumpled up much like that of a picky eater of a child who - despite their best efforts - failed to mask the disgust that was evoked by the presented food. Fortunately, the holistic soreness of her limbs distracted her mind from the attack on her taste buds, gaslighting the lesser evil as an ‘award’.

So, there she sat, posture great as per usual, with a spoon sloppily ladling through the beans as exhausted eyes traced its texture. She found herself almost entranced in the simplistic task, finally dozing into a state of relaxation. Unfortunately, it would be short-lived.

Wary eyes swiftly landed on the eternal storm: Ramiel Diakos. Elyse was admittedly not that much of a fan of thunder, but she figured she could tolerate a little rain. The youngster hadn’t exactly been that big of a socialite thus far, after all.

Nevertheless, the royal child made sure to set a proper standard: hazelnut eyes turning into bright red lasers as they virtually looked through the ‘bodyguard’. The infamous ‘death stare’ was a common trait in the family, and funnily enough one of the few points of heritage that she could actually appreciate.

“The beans are actually perfect, thank you. I’m just pacing myself, obviously.” Elyse’s voice grew congruent with the petty fake smile that grew on her face. The brunette had a habit of almost theatrically emphasizing certain words the moment a sliver of irritation-fueled excitation fired in her brain. In this case, it was the last word of her obvious lie, though the dedication through which she delivered her line certainly didn’t give that away.

It was almost magical how fast Ramiel could succeed in persuading her into doing something, not through good intention or kind words, but sheer doses of unfiltered sass that filled her with the desperate wish to prove him wrong. One moment, she was helplessly waddling her paddle in the sea of beans. Now she was classily slurping it up like the tastiest good she had ever witnessed.

Her spoon stopped, however, as the last sentence escaped Ramiel’s mouth, her eyebrows raised in anticipation of what she had to say. Of course, she would complete her bite first. No talking with a full mouth. So, a short pause ensued, swiftly followed by a beautiful amalgamation of banter and brute force:

You’re calling me fat?
interactions: lion. lion.

Z7HrQaD.png

Collaboration with M Moonlessite
Interaction:
M Moonlessite (Elke & Vivian)

Hal was exhausted.

Soreness racked across his body as his lungs were just starting to recuperate from the burning sensation. He’d been among the last of the fresh recruits to stumble in their ranks during the tail-end of the unit’s long run, having stumbled just before the one dark-haired boy who had somehow managed to fall asleep while standing at attention before Instructor Krause. What was his name, Leon? It was impressive, really. So much so for whatever reason, it pissed him off; just how was someone like Leon able to outlast him in the run? He’d have to push himself and absorb as much training as possible within the next three years, especially if he intended to join the Survey Corps… genetics and natural talent only got you so far.

Hal filtered into the dwindling line of trainees waiting to receive their tray of sustenance, and just as the cadet was starting to settle beside Elke Vinter at the table, her sister was already on her way out of the mess hall. The twins had been the first acquaintances he’d made when he first moved into Shiganshina District, and he’d been friends with them for the last two years; at least, he could say that for the quieter Elke. He figured that Anke didn’t mind someone else protecting the other girl from the neighborhood intimidators.

“Ugh, peppers,” the boy complained as his spoon dissected the mess of beans, picking out the tiny undesirable bits and ferrying them onto Elke’s plate.

“I saw you fall down early during the run,” Hal wore the expression of a concerned parent as he transferred the vegetables. He absolutely abhorred them, but they’d only go to waste if the boy simply tossed them away. “Eat up so you’ll grow big ‘n strong, Elke.”

Elke looked up in surprise when Hal sat next to her and started to spoon vegetables onto her platter. She glanced back down at her food, noticing that there were more red peppers in it than before. Oh, she loved red peppers!

“Thanks, Hal. I think I woulda still been hungry even with the beans and bread that I had,” she smiled at him with all of the remaining energy she had in her. “Are you okay? I saw that Instructor Krause beat you up pretty bad earlier.”

His mouth opened to speak with a gasp, but the words didn’t come out as Hal pursed his lips together while his eyes trailed down to the tray of food. “It wasn’t that bad,” the boy’s tongue clicked with mild embarrassment as his right cheek sucked in, helping himself to his dinner. A shot to the groin might have been considered a low blow on the streets, but if it was the easiest way to incapacitate someone with minimal effort, then the morality didn’t exactly matter.

“I’m fine. It’s you that I’m mostly worried about,” Hal continued to eat before he pointed his spoon towards the quieter golden-haired recruit that was seated next to the one from the Inner Walls. “I expected Luka to come along, but not you, Elke.”

This prompted the other boy to steel his expression, a stark difference from his usual lackadaisical nature. Luka Soroka was one of the lost boys from Shiganshina whom he’d met on the docks; his father owned the company which oversaw canal operations of the water channels between the Walls and their respective districts. “Y-yeah, Elke. Being a soldier’s not gonna be easy. We’ve seen the Scouts pass through town a bunch.”

Elke blinked at Hal in slight alarm. He was worried for her? Of course. Everyone was worried for her. Her sister, Hal, probably even Viktor who had fallen silent as he ate across from them. Just because she was small and looked kind of cute didn't mean that she couldn't defend herself.

"My sister joined, so I had to follow her. We need to stick together after everything, right?" Elke murmured as she scraped the rest of the beans from her plate. "I know that it won't be easy, but… I really wanna join the Survey Corps." She turned to Luka, a slight frown crossing her lips as her eyes stung slightly. “I’m not changing my mind, either.”

Hal dropped his shoulders with a sigh, having cleaned the entire tray of beans in a moment’s notice. “It’s either that, or the Garrison, I guess,” his head rested on his left palm, scratching the side of his face. “And your sis is shapin’ up for the Military Police. Didn’t you say your brother’s one of them too, Luka?”

“Yeah, I need to find him,”
Luka answered, looking across the table towards the two of them. “But aren’t you guys worried about being so close to the Titans?” he spoke out of concern towards Elke in particular. “I’m just scared of… you know...”

Elke nodded when Halvor mentioned Anke. Her other half was more than likely to get top ten, so she hoped she would stick with the decision of joining the Military Police. It was a good thing that Luka had a strong chance of placing top ten, too. For a moment, she kind of wished she had as much potential as they did, though it would be a miracle if she even got through training.

“I’m stronger than I look, Luka,” she told him. “I’m sure we’ll all be fine. We’re both smart and quick learners, I think, so we’ll know how to handle Titans. Right?” she looked towards Hal with a grin.

A scoff came from the taller boy as Hal rose from his seat in confident swagger, pointing to himself before waving his hand in their direction. “You won’t have any Titans to worry about once I make the Top Ten myself, kids,” he sounded quite sure of himself, letting out a quick chuckle and turning away from the table. He passed by a few of the tables to bring the empty tray to its respective receptacle, and though he was ready to turn in for the night, he couldn’t have any presence of mind with the thing that’d been nagging him for the entire day.

“So, like what you see? You’ve been watching me for a while,” Hal abruptly stopped just in front of a particular table that was inhabited by a pack of unremarkable faces except for that silver-haired girl whose glare had been glued to him for hours now. He looked down at her with an implicating expression, the blue in his eyes casting off inquisition. “Vivian Schweiss, right?”

b88c07ac439056d5e42d104cd9b86546.png

MENTIONS: Arcanist Arcanist [Jo], Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum [Laurie], Raiden Raiden [Hal], KaramelKarma KaramelKarma [Jericho], Castello Castello [Leon], ShadyLady ShadyLady [Nina]
There was no way it was him. It couldn't be. It couldn't be, right? After all of this time? Vivian thought to herself, making sure to keep up a stoic expression as she stared in that particular direction. Her mouth was so dry; she took a sip from her tankard before she brought her bread to her lips, attempting to take a bite out of it to calm her nerves-- only for it to be snatched out of her hands by a very quick-handed bandit. She found herself biting the air, and, disappointed that she had not been able to stuff her mouth with the stale bread, glared after Leon with a sour expression. Ugh. Of course the person that fell asleep on his own two feet would mess with her... Jerk.

She dipped her spoon into the beans again and swallowed a huge spoonful, trying to drown the disdain that she felt. Everyone was talking with one another; they laughed, chided one another, bickered over small things, and she swore that she could see crackles of tension between certain individuals. Vivian didn't mind not talking to anyone. She was content with simply observing in her slight amusement and enjoying her beans on her lonesome. However, it did seem like a pair of individuals had noticed her. She cocked her head up towards Laurie and Jo, nodding curtly at Jo's words. It honestly surprised her that she remembered her name, especially after Instructor Krause had gone through so many recruits earlier in the day. She glanced down at the bread that Laurie handed her, and she took it with a nod of gratuity.

"Yeah... nice to meet you. Thanks for the bread." Vivian murmured, breaking it in half and holding out the other half to Laurie. "Though I don't need a whole loaf. Here, we'll share it. You need all the bread you can get, too."

She took a bite out of her half, relishing its simplicity. The taste of the stale bread comforted her a bit and reminded her of cold winter days back at home. She took another bite when she realized she was probably being too quiet in front of them. Damn it, why'd they have to approach when she was deep in thought? "Ah, Krause really didn't like your explanations, huh?" Vivian asked Jo, nodding her head at her again. "I get that she's pretty scary and a huge bully, but I think all she wants is a reaction from you. If you bite your tongue hard enough when she's yelling at you, she'll leave you alone quicker."

Vivian was even more surprised to see that the black-haired boy that had been kicked in the crotch during introductions had approached them. Yes, he'd be the type of person to notice that she had been staring at him all of this time. Wonderful. She hid a strained, crooked smirk behind another mouthful of bread. "It's just because I was wondering if your balls were still intact after that kick Krause gave you," she shot back at him. "Yeah, but you can just call me Vivi. Vivian's too much of an old lady's name, isn't it?"

8940e22128da524cea41172c5021c0c5.png

Jericho nodded in acknowledgement to the boy's words, whom he remembered the name of to be Leon. He glanced at the younger girl, the name Nina coming to mind as he recalled her eager, optimistic disposition against Krause, earning her a spot doing the laps. Country folk, he surmised. Pops never liked 'em.
When concern over his well-being was brought up, it was seemingly blown off alongside the lone piece of black hair that had strayed into the middle of Jericho's vision.
"Save the pity for our first quitter," he told the girl, shaking his head as he gestured to the window behind him, where envious puppy eyes looked out onto the dining hall.
"Besides,"
he continued, leaning closer as if to share a secret, his expression dark and bitterly playful. "I've dealt with worse devils."

Before his new friend had time to ponder or reply, the sound of wood meeting the splintering force of an unlikely weapon cut in. Jericho's dark eyes glinted in mild surprise and interest at the sight of the unwelcome intruder. Only an hour since his awakening and already, the troublemaker found himself stepping on some hillbilly toes.

The threat's pretty words and poignant gesture earned Leon an apathetic, if not amused, raise of the brow from the seasoned criminal before it staggered and fell short, hardly making a dent against the delinquent's coarsened record. Nevertheless, Jericho complied and leaned back, arms crossing as the corners of his mouth lifted into a derisive smirk. With an arrogant raise of the chin, he gestured to the planted fork.
"Krause isn't gonna like that," he forewarned mockingly, the smirk growing into a grin.
"What," he continued in fake pity, reaching over to grab the fork. "Your cow for a mama didn't teach ya basic tabletop manners?" He dislodged the utensil with a sharp pull, leaning back as the fork danced between his fingers. "Or did she kick that out of you too?"

Just then, Nina quickly spoke up, in an effort to tame the tide of tension, spooning mouthfuls of bean stew. The tension remained high, but Nina's efforts succeeded in distracting the delinquent. The fork slowed down and stilled in his hand as Jericho watched in dismay, the soup starting to disappear at a rapid pace. A light scowl enveloped the lines of his features as the girl gestured to his empty bowl. "Ey hey, I earned it by outlasting all of you. Greed's got fuc---" Jericho cut in, before catching himself just in time. "Greed's got nothin' to do with it."
The cheerful young country gal didn't seem to hear him. An elbow on the table, Jericho watched like a dejected sibling as she unwrapped the napkin and held up the prize to him. He let out a small tsk as he looked the other way in annoyance, his mind starting to grasp at the other limited options. However, upon glancing back and seeing her rather genuine-looking expression as well as the insistent growl of his appetite, he turned back.

"Let me have the bread," he said matter-of-factly but in a gentler tone than before, extending his arm. The sleeve lifted, revealing a kaleidoscope of inked designs and patterns in all shades of black and white, engraved into his skin. He pointed to them as he continued, his tone more playful as he furthered the bargain. "And I'll help you get one of these."

Interactions | Nina Polgar ( ShadyLady ShadyLady ) ; Leon Monar ( Castello Castello )

0:23

2:10
D O O M

Last edited:
Jo Schreiber
Mentions: Laurie ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum ), Halvor ( Raiden Raiden ) | Interactions: Vivian ( M Moonlessite )

Joo.png

Jo spooned more of the beans into her mouth as Vivian literally broke bread with Laurie beside her. Though it was rude to just shovel food into her mouth while trying to engage in conversation, this was all she had been thinking about since before they finished their laps. She was never so well-spoken or articulate when she didn’t have food fuelling her in some way. It seemed they all needed it though with people sharing food, and others apparently donating food to fallen soldiers outside. Or at least, she assumed they may have been kind enough to do so. Jo hadn’t even noticed his face pressed to the window as Laurie and she had walked inside.

The girl listened to some of the conversations buzzing around the dining room as she ate. At another table to the side of them, she heard a conversation about their plans for advancement in the military. She paused as she listened to wishes of joining the Survey Corps, the Garrison, and finally two in favour of joining the Military Police. She wasn’t surprised. Competition for the Top Ten would be fierce. Anyone who was adamant they were getting their foot in the door would trample over anyone just to be number ten.

Perhaps she needed to take the same competitive mindset.

Jo raised her eyes over the rims of her glasses to Vivan as she addressed her, and nodded in appreciation. “Thanks for that. You’d think I would have learned that by now,” she sighed, readjusting her specs with her thumb and another finger. “I get this…strange compulsion to come out with things I know. And it’s not as if I’m going to deny what I know.” Because what was the point in playing down what she knew? What intelligence she knew she clearly possessed? If that made her look like a smartass or worse, then so be it. She would have to live with it.

That conversation would be short-lived though. She glanced up to the black-haired boy who had approached the table and recognised one of the voices that most confidently assured others that he would blaze his way into the top cadets. Jo couldn’t help but pass a glance over him. He looked strong but would strength alone carry him along? Then again, she knew better than to judge a book by its cover. She had her cons, along with her pros, as did everyone else.

Jo muffled a laugh into her cup at Vivian’s comment. The kick was swift. She’d have hated to be on the other end of Krause’s assaults. Physical, mind you.

1614985344858-png.858193

Interacted: KaramelKarma KaramelKarma Jericho ShadyLady ShadyLady Nina

A nerved pinched in his forehead when Jericho trashed his mother. His forehead had scrunched together and eyes looking towards Jericho with condescending contempt. His blood began to simmer, the anger tugging at his lips and teeth. It was only with a quiet sigh that Leon had been able to regain his calm. When Nina cued into the scene, Leon further calmed down with her voice. He kept quiet but his leg began to tap lightly. Leon made a great effort to keep it subtle, but underneath his pursued lips his teeth were still grinding on one another. When Nina had finished intervening, he finally responded to Jericho.

"Did your mother ever teach you that it's quite pathetic to insult another man's mother?" He would quickly interject with: "Don't answer. I am sure she got one look at your face and abandoned you in the mud at birth."

Leon kept his gaze on Jericho as he bargained with Nina. He did not think much of the kaleidoscope, looking to Nina and giving a disapproving shake of his head.

"Don't bother feeding him." Leon chimed in before Nina could have a chance to respond. "You're better off giving it to the pigs, this one's probably just titan food. I hear they go for the ugly ones first." Leon said, finally returning Jericho's smile from before.

His blood had cooled down and his gaze was confident. Leon's arms crossed and he had begun mimicking Jericho's slumping into the chair.

Last edited:
c23534344e54dafa1a2660146f3b8d6d.jpg

Laurence Arnault

"I only learned from the best, books!" Laurie stated after Jo's compliment. If he was being honest, he was really quite doubtful of his words but fortunately, his old friend agreed. After all, who is a better source of information than dear ol' Joanna Schreiber! Well, after those thick pages filled with knowledge of course.

"Ah! Vivian, a beautiful and fitting name." He said as he accepted the half piece of bread with a vibrant thank you coming out of his lips. He took an eager bite of the bread with a spoonful of beans, the loaf tasted less stale with the sprouty food.

Laurie couldn't help but snort at Vivian's comment about their instructor. He agreed with his fellow cadet though, the woman can seem quite intimidating. "It's Jo's specialty. Showing off her smarts. Some find it annoying but I learned a lot from it." He spoke in between eating his food. An innocent glint in his eyes combined with a dumb smile.

He moved his head to the direction of the new voice that accompanied their little trio. It was certainly one of the people that made a lasting impression during their introductions. Laurie couldn't help but take note of the younger teen's eyes. It held a determination that he doesn't have. He felt a bit jealous at that but then again, it's not like he had a clear-cut goal when he joined the Military. His mother's death resulted in the death of his will to survive, his dreams gone like how flowers wilt when they aren't given water.

"I saw that. I felt your pain even as I ran laps with the others. My sincere condolences for your balls." He said with sympathy in his bright blue eyes. He held out his hand, his expression already in a friendly manner. "My name is Laure-" He stopped. His attention was taken by the commotion from a table not too far from them.

"Huh, are they fighting?"

mention: Jericho KaramelKarma KaramelKarma | Leon Castello Castello | Nina ShadyLady ShadyLady || interaction: Jo Arcanist Arcanist | Vivian M Moonlessite | Halvor Raiden Raiden

in collaboration with
@Castello & KaramelKarma KaramelKarma
Jericho & Leon

He'd hit a nerve.
The grin grew a little wider as the boy struggled to keep his cool in front of the delinquent and their charming little friend. Impressively, Leon managed to compose himself, his expression frostbittenly neutral as he shot back with an insult of his own. First there was nothing but a contemptuous lack of interest as Leon rhetorically lectured him on the moralities of mother-bashing. But it seemed the boy was finally learning to hold his own, not giving the delinquent a chance to speak as the insulting suggestion of abandonment was raised.

Jericho blinked for a few moments, his body lying in wait for that hot rage to spark in his chest the way it had for Leon. But none came; there could be no such emotion for a stranger, no such fire lit without the groundwork first being laid. Death had taken that all away from him, cursing him to live a life under the shadow of a crime he hadn't meant to commit. And so, a sort of blank stare met Leon for a few heartbeats. It was the kind that perhaps a younger Jericho could have had on when he'd get struck or spit on to answer to that fundamental transgression. But it was no matter; for just as quickly as it appeared, it fell back into the depths of obscurity, wrapped in the arms of bravado and arrogance.

There was something else brimming underneath however; a deep anger. Not for what Leon had said, but for what he hadn't. Anger for someone Jericho would never get to know, or be able to love. Anger for a curse he had to bear the guilt of all these years, all for the simple fact that he was the price she had to pay.
Eyes darkening, Jericho blew a wayward strand of hair away.

"You're right," he cut in as he stood up, a dangerous look meeting Leon's confident smile. He grabbed the loaf from Nina. "She is better off feeding it to pigs." The delinquent flung it towards Leon, hitting him in the chest.
"Eat up, pig," Jericho hissed, a roguish glint in his eye. "You'll need fattening up if you want to be good titan fodder for the rest of us."

Leon was instinctively not the type to take a chance at wasting food and caught the bread against his breast. Crumbs littered his black sweater as he took one look towards Nina and another look at the precious food falling to the floor with a subtle dismay.

Jericho’s insult stung a little but it had also allowed Leon to move past his comments on his mother. He closed his eyes, putting the bread into one hand and over towards Nina. There was a quick breath between his words before he mustered up a cold shrug.

When his eyes caught Jericho’s and his demeanor changed almost instantaneously. His hand froze with the bread still in it, almost like he had gotten lost in time. A sad look had migrated into Leon’s eyes and his lips began to depress towards his chin. There was a vague look of familiarity to Leon’s disposition, as if he was looking at an old friend or forgotten rival. It was a brief second, Leon felt like he was somewhere else. He mentally pinched himself, cranking his vision towards Nina abruptly.

“Let’s go, this is pointless.” He said, finally finishing the return of Nina’s loaf.

With a single sentence, the tension obeyed Leon and began to ebb away, like the ocean in low tide. The delinquent felt the first pinpricks of indignity as eyes began to draw towards them. No, his pride hissed at him. Don’t let him get away.
Self-consciousness rooted him there for what felt like an eternity. There was no surge of pride or spite, like he had so often felt when he had acted out to draw the ire and stinging backhand of his father. There was no feeling of exhilarating adrenaline as he met his gangmate in the eye in mutual sportiveness as they geared to pound some sense into each other.

Only rejection.

Lightning struck. Jericho’s arm reached out and seized the boy’s collar in a vice-like grip, bringing him to a growing chokehold.
“Where d’you think you’re going, you son of a bitch?” he growled under his breath as he brought Leon face to face, his right fist raising in tandem as a dark, electrifying gleam flashed in his dark eyes.

A competitive spirit arose on Leon’s face. What was once a melancholic complexion was now a meek smile. His neck inched towards Jericho as he pulled him in, almost losing balance by being caught off guard by his assailant’s advance. On the verge of tipping over, Leon reached his right hand onto Jericho’s forearm and began to constrict. His hand was like a snake, his fingers were fangs hooked into his arm, biting his nails to keep the grip. Throughout this, Leon retained venom for a smile, turning from meek to merciless.

Suddenly he laughed, quietly and underneath his breath but Leon felt a familiar amusement with the scene. Even though Jericho had him in his clench, Leon was the cat playing with the mouse.

His eyes veered towards Nina first as a sign to enter the scene but also ventured into the cafeteria. It was not so much a call for help but rather a sign that he needed something to stop him. His body slumped, showing no signs of further resistance.

INTERACTIONS | Leon Monar ( Castello Castello ) ; Nina Polgar ( ShadyLady ShadyLady )

MENTIONS | Jo Schreiber ( Arcanist Arcanist ) ; Vivian Schweiss ( M Moonlessite ) ; Elke & Anke Vinter ( alexfangtalon alexfangtalon ) ; Fabio Bier ( Selee-01 Selee-01 ) ; Sera Mayer ( homintales homintales ) ; Ramiel Diakos ( lion. lion. ) ; Elyse Hildebrand ( Danidify Danidify ) ; Halvor Verdende ( Raiden Raiden ) ; Laurence Arnault ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum )

coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back