• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Attack on Reus - Space Age Pacifc Rim/Mecha RP

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
The premise of this RP is that the players are part of a squadron of Mecha Regios pilots on the front line of the battle against the Kaiju Reus. They will be one among many to be given the mission of pushing back the Reus, reclaiming worlds, and perhaps even finding and destroying the source of these beasts.

~~

The Rani:

The Rani are a bio-silicate being which were nomadic following the destruction of their homeworld by Reus, and before their adoption by humans. They are remarkably similar to humans with a few major differences. First, their body heat tends to be much warmer, thus they tend to dress down. And second, their bio-silicate tail can interface directly with a Regios or other electronics. There has not been a noticeable advantage between this and the standard VR connection Rig that human pilots use.

As well, they are less diverse in their beliefs and culture, due to being a space-based nomad fleet for so long. However, they have begun to adapt and adopt to human cultures and beliefs in the many years since. Some humans still wonder if they were the original creators of the Reus.

Example Female Rani

The Regios:

Regios are the main line of defense in fighting against the Reus threat. Each one is powered by a Rani core called the heart and are always a simple skeleton when rolled out of a birthing factory. The body is made up of nanomachines which automatically sync with the pilot and change the interior, exterior and systems to best suit the pilot's style. There are four main classes of Regios, though as always with the diversity of living beings there is room for some overlap

Skeleton:

Defenders - Shielding & Armor Focus with few powerful weapons

Bruisers - Heavily Armed, Closer Range (usually)

Snipers - Agile with Jump Power and Long-Range weapons

Sparrow - Flight Mechs, Bad at CQC but Decent Range

The Reus:

Giant bio-silicate monsters, they are the largest threat to humans and Rani, with forces that can take on or counter every conventional and Regios-based weapon toe-to-toe. For every battle that is won, a battle is lost. And with it a fleet, city, or even planet. They come in all various shapes and sizes, though what follows is a general overview of classes:

Beast Class I - Smaller, left normally to military tanks and smaller battle suits.

Beast Class II - Half the size of a Regios, more of a danger due to the tendency to swarm.

Beast Class III - Regios Size, can be a 1 on 1 threat with Regios usually.

Dragon Class I - Normal flyer types.

Dragon Class II - Bombers, targets are usually cities and bases.

Dragon Class III - Equivalent of Navy Carriers, tends to transport other Reus.

Dragon Class IV - A type of Leviathan, equivalent to Navy Dreadnoughts.

Stalker Class I - Regios Size, quick slasher type.

Stalker Class II - Regios size, sniper type.

Leviathan Classes
I is Regios size with heavy firepower or melee ability, and grow all the way to class V which are about 3 times the size, and only been recorded once in a battle that destroyed a PLANET, the Rani homeworld.

The Galaxy

Terra - Earth - is the core-most world that is inhabited by humans and Rani. The original human homeworld, Earth is very much the definition of a Utopia. Fixed and stable climate, gleaming megalopolises, perfect application of life-technologies. The central seat of government is on Terra, a council of humans and Rani which proposes and enacts galactic change in law.

Spread out from there, many many colony worlds exist. Some are more simple, rural, farming planets. Some are more gleaming megalopolis with plenty to distract a weary soul - unless they want a place to truly commune with nature. Spattered amongst the planets are Regios academies and factories, where new pilots are trained to fight the Reus threat, and more Regios are grown around the mystical 'heart' to fight with each pilot.

I'm interested. Out of curiosity, what do you have to say about adding more races?

SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Well.. it's not really in the plan. What were you thinking?
I was thinking of maybe two or three more, and that Regios wielded by them could have different designs/abilities based on the technology of their homeland. I don't have any completed examples, but I feel like it would be cool.

It wasn't in the concept so I am hesitant about adding them. But at the same time, Regios don't come out 'finished' They grow to their final forms to best fit the pilot's style and needs, so in theory it wouldn't matter what race the character is

It wasn't in the concept so I am hesitant about adding them. But at the same time, Regios don't come out 'finished' They grow to their final forms to best fit the pilot's style and needs, so in theory it wouldn't matter what race the character is
I know, but what I meant was that, for example, a member of a race that works with biology a lot could cause their Regios to develop organic weapons/abilities. Also, I'm not trying to pressure you. It's totally fine if you want to stick with humans and Rani.

I know, but what I meant was that, for example, a member of a race that works with biology a lot could cause their Regios to develop organic weapons/abilities. Also, I'm not trying to pressure you. It's totally fine if you want to stick with humans and Rani.
To be perfectly honest, at least for now, I would rather stick with the original concept with just the two races. Although it may be cool to allow others I'm still unsure

To be perfectly honest, at least for now, I would rather stick with the original concept with just the two races. Although it may be cool to allow others I'm still unsure
Can you give me the character sheet tho? I have an idea for a character and don't want to forget it.

No problem!

Name:
Race: (Human or Rani)
Appearance: (Pic or Description or both is fine)
Soldier Gear: (One Weapon and One Sidearm, as well as a flight suit and some gear - for out of Regios Excursions)

Regios Name:
Regios Classification:
Regios Specs: (Armor, Systems, Weaponry - get as fancy as you would like)
Regios Appearance: (Pic or Description or both)

Personality:
History:

Oh god, lol this kept moving forward and I never got any notifications of posts going on here XD?

Is this still going up?

Well, I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring. I'm interested. I just hope that this one lasts, because I really like the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back