• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital ~Atom Continues Learning to Draw~

AtomBombBaby

Roleplay Type(s)
~the saga of a twenty-six-year-old who hasn't picked up a pencil since the fourth grade continuing to teach herself how to use a digital art tablet~

Hi there! Back in October 2022, I created a thread to chronicle my adventures in digital art, as an individual with no artistic background but a rabid craving to draw her favorite OCs. Now that I've finally gotten the hang of the thing, I wanted to create a new thread where I'll post my favorite pieces from the past six months, as well as newer pieces as I continue to develop my style. Ahead, you'll find sketches and drawings of my original characters. Enjoy~

Last edited:

But they told him, "Beware
Do not fly too close to the sun"
The blaze will surly melt their wings
But alas, he fell
His cries swallowed by the sea

Fen Full Body 6 - Sketch.jpg
Fen Full Body New.jpg

Fen Dark - Sketch.png
Fen Dark.jpg
Fen Full Body 4 - Sketch.jpg Fen Full Body 4.jpg

Attachments

• Fen Dark.jpg
    Fen Dark.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
1674610858912-png.1060458

fen-and-charlie-2-png.1085104

Eros & Thanatos.jpg

Last edited:
I CANT SAY IT ENOUGH!! I LOVE YOUR ART!!!

these are so beauitufl how dare uyou hide this from me >:0

The jealousy I have for being able to this level of skill of art ;-; and I been drawing my whole life. And I still can't get this good

A new piece inspired by Melanie Martinez's "Milk of the Siren." May change out tail and fin styles, and unsure of cultural inspiration and colors just yet ๐ŸŒŠ
1685053840329.png

Siren - Sketch.jpg

Edit: Updated sketch​
๐ŸŒŠ
Siren 3 - Laguz Sketch.jpg

Last edited:
Draft One ๐ŸŒŠ

Siren - Color.jpg

Edit: Messing around more with color and didn't feel the need to make a whole new post ๐ŸŒŠ
Siren 3 - Laguz.jpg

Last edited:
๐Ÿ‘€

Drink from the leche of sirens
Summon the sailors in town
Strangle the fear of deciding
Which one's deserving to drown

๐ŸŒŠ ๐Ÿ’€

Siren - Dark.jpg
Siren - Dark Glow.jpg

Last edited:

Drink from the leche of sirens
Summon the sailors in town
Strangle the fear of deciding
Which one's deserving to drown

These are absolutely stunning! Both color schemes work perfectly. I'm highly impressed! I love how they look like they're watching me/the viewer carefully as if planning when they'll strike. Just wonderful!

This is so stunning! Your art style is very beautiful in general but this is just gorgeous! The composition, color palette, pose and details are so beautiful and I can't stop looking at this amazing artwork.
Thank you so much!! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Have you really only been practicing for the past 6 months? Your art is wonderful, and Iโ€™m excited to see where youโ€™ll go from here.

Have you really only been practicing for the past 6 months? Your art is wonderful, and Iโ€™m excited to see where youโ€™ll go from here.
Yeah, I began when I was unemployed and job hunting, and also in a pretty tough place mentally, so with all the time on my hands I sort of threw myself into it -- sometimes 8 hours a day. I really just wanted to draw my OCs because I couldn't afford commissions, and it's actually been a great stress relief outlet. One of my favorite activities! I use models and references a lot, but I'm finally starting to nail down a methodology and style and I'm very excited about it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Users who are viewing this thread

Back