• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AEONmeteorite

Architect of Worlds
Helper
Godsplate.png
(This rp is starting Oct. 9th - the rp is still open even after that day. Please contact me or Calibutcher Calibutcher to figure out where to introduce your character if you arrive late.)

No god or goddess can explain what began the tantrums between nearly every living deity known to Earth. The feuding had always been there, but what was silly banter dotted with grand misdemeanors, turned into a continuous punishment for the humans walking the world. Quakes, volcanoes roaring, giants wrestling, strangling forests, depleting water, playing with emotions and time; all of it would one day destroy the world. People wondered how much longer they had before the land below their feet would shatter.

Five gods came together, witnessed their fellow deities put the world they essentially made together to ruin, and had enough. They tried to make amends, but with no sway the five went to work. They carved out of the earth giant plates, enough to hold an entire people each. They set a boundary around each of them to protect the people on each plate and pulled them into the skies to float above the Earth. Each god/goddess sacrificed their form into their plate, so that whoever was born there would be granted some of their powers, as they knew war would come.

War did come and the five plates succeeded in protecting their floating land. Wars ended. Things are quiet now. The gods/goddesses have revived, and while their power still is gifted to people born on plates, they are able to rule them now too. An era of peace high above the world, but how does it look down there now?

The roleplay begins with our characters falling off the Skarf plate. Whistling down past the land masses, where said to have a barrier, but they were never caught by any. Where will they fall? If they survive, what will they do?

The Five God/Goddesses

Thoth - Egypt God
God of:
Writing, moon, science, time and judgment
Appearance: Ibis and winged
Your character could: have any attribute of an Ibis. If you want time as a power, please speak to me directly so we can flesh that out.

Skarf - DM Created Goddess
Goddess of:
Constellations, maps, navigation, and boats
Appearance: Often depicted weaving of some kind - knitting, threads, looms, etc
Your character could: have any of these as an affinity.

Dagda - Celtic God
God of:
Fertility, manliness, agriculture, wisdom, and seasons
Appearance: Large-bearded man, staff, harp, a cauldron, sometimes with features of forest animals
Your character could: have attributes of any woodland creature.

Eleos - Greek Goddess
Goddess of:
Mercy, clemency, compassion, and pity (healing is included)
Appearance: crown of olive branches, growing wings of branches
Your character could: have attributes similar to a greek nymph/elf/or generally use branches as an aesthetic.

Huitzilopochtli - Aztec God
God of:
Sun, war and sacrifice
Appearance: Turquoise prince, hummingbird
Your character could: use turquoise and have any attribute of a hummingbird.

Your characters and their god/goddess

While thinking of a character, keep in mind that their powers and attributes come from the plate they are born on, not who they are born from. Your character can have a mom from Dagda, a father from Skarf, and be born of Eleos if they were on that plate and the time of birth.

Also keep in mind that while each god/goddess has all these attributes, I do not wish for you to have every single one. Think of how you can uniquely tie your character together. Above are merely suggestions. You could decide to only have the wings of an ibis, or have a human appearance of a combination of two of the god’s powers, etc. Mix and match from your chosen plate, and I welcome you to research on the gods/goddess and pitch me ideas for your character.

Further example:
Magic and abilities is entirely dependent on the mass of land existing. If it were ever to fall or be destroyed, their magic would be sapped. The scale and scope of magic is a tad arbitrary. Let's say you choose to be born on Dagda. You could be born with just the ability to make it snow in a small area or you could be born able to make massive amounts of farmland grow abruptly, as those are both within his godly abilities. It could also be more of a mind ability if you take the Aztec god, he is a god of war, so maybe your power is the ability to incite courage in other people. The purpose of the magic system is how a player can creatively take the abilities of a god/goddess and twist it to fit their character's mold.

Extra Information

• The world you are on is Earth, but a degeneration of Earth. Imagine a society that knows about the advancements humans had made, but have lost the means or know how to perform such feats. Life has pulled back into medieval times to a certain degree due to such.
  • Just because wars have ended doesn’t mean that training new generations how to fight hasn’t. Every character should know how to at least defend themselves, but not all of you need to be warriors per se.

Roleplay Guidelines

• 1-3 paragraphs written per post. This could be less on occasion and for a purpose.
  • No godmodding. I won’t control your character if you don’t control mine.
  • Be willing to give punches and take some. Metaphorically and literally.
  • If you do leave for a time, inform me, and I can make it work in the rp.
  • If you wish to leave for good, inform me, and I will find a way to remove your character appropriately in the rp. If you are gone for a lengthy amount of time and multiple messages are sent to you with no response, I may take matters into my own hands. I’d rather not touch your character though, as it is yours.
  • If you have ANY concerns or questions, go ahead and ask me through pms.
  • Remember that people aren’t always right next to each other in situations. Be open to the idea of having your character somewhere else and just enjoy reading a bit to give other characters room for growth. I always try my best to give all characters opportunities to rp specifically for them.
  • I'd expect at least once per week. More is welcomed, but not needed. Whenever I create roleplays, I give daily updates of all that happened in the roleplay so people don't need to be stressed trying to catch up.

LilithBNNWM copy.png
Calibutcher Calibutcher - is the co-creator of this rp
All art here is created by me
Music to fit the mood: Click Here

Last edited:
What is magic or abilities if that’s the system this is going with, like in this world? What kind of scale and scope, and what is required to use them?

I also don’t get what the intended plot is. Is it more of a slice of life thing looking at the islands and how each lives their life? Cause there didn’t seem to be an inciting incident or anything of the sort in the description.

What is magic or abilities if that’s the system this is going with, like in this world? What kind of scale and scope, and what is required to use them?

I also don’t get what the intended plot is. Is it more of a slice of life thing looking at the islands and how each lives their life? Cause there didn’t seem to be an inciting incident or anything of the sort in the description.

Magic and abilities is entirely dependent on the mass of land existing. If it were ever to fall or be destroyed, their magic would be sapped. The scale and scope of magic is a tad arbitrary. Let's say you choose to be born on Dagda. You could be born with just the ability to make it snow in a small area or you could be born able to make massive amounts of farmland grow abruptly, as those are both within his godly abilities. It could also be more of a mind ability if you take the Aztec god, he is a god of war, so maybe your power is the ability to incite courage in other people. The purpose of the magic system is how a player can creatively take the abilities of a god/goddess and twist it to fit their character's mold.

As for the story, I've altered the interest check to make it more clear. Originally it was going to start at a separate time, but decided to start it right into the action. The roleplay will begin with the characters falling off the Skarf plate. If they survive, where will they fall? What will they do? Who, if anyone alive on Earth, will they meet?

-- All answers here have been edited into the interest check.

As for the story, I've altered the interest check to make it more clear. Originally it was going to start at a separate time, but decided to start it right into the action. The roleplay will begin with the characters falling off the Skarf plate. If they survive, where will they fall? What will they do? Who, if anyone alive on Earth, will they meet?

-- All answers here have been edited into the interest check.

Thanks for the answers! One more thing I wanted to know, forgot to ask earlier, is the expected post frequency. Posts are 1-3 paragraphs (not my favorite metric since this technically speaking is a paragraph, but anyways) however is this once per week? Once per two weeks? Several times a week?

Thanks for the answers! One more thing I wanted to know, forgot to ask earlier, is the expected post frequency. Posts are 1-3 paragraphs (not my favorite metric since this technically speaking is a paragraph, but anyways) however is this once per week? Once per two weeks? Several times a week?

Haha, I'm never quite sure how to measure the amount of writing, generally just looking for a proper amount of description along with dialogue in order to properly portray your character, how they're feeling and what they're doing.

I'd expect at least once per week. More is welcomed, but not needed. Whenever I create roleplays, I give daily updates of all that happened in the roleplay so people don't need to be stressed trying to catch up.

-- This information has also been added to the interest check. Thank you.

Awesome! I'll let you know when start to get moving.
Thanks. In case you're wondering you had me at 'They carved out of the earth giant plates, enough to hold an entire people each.' and cemented it at either 'Your character could: have attributes of any woodland creature.' or 'Your character could: have attributes similar to a greek nymph/elf/or generally use branches as an aesthetic.' Both are concepts, or close to concepts I've had my eye on for a while.

Haha, I'm never quite sure how to measure the amount of writing, generally just looking for a proper amount of description along with dialogue in order to properly portray your character, how they're feeling and what they're doing.

I'd expect at least once per week. More is welcomed, but not needed. Whenever I create roleplays, I give daily updates of all that happened in the roleplay so people don't need to be stressed trying to catch up.

-- This information has also been added to the interest check. Thank you.

Thank you. I will throw in my interest as well.

RP will start on 10/10/22 so if you are interested, let us know so we can find a way to fit in your character properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back