• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ATLAS: What Remains - OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hi, my name is Mayali. I posted my character's CS a little while ago and wanted to hop on over here to say 'hi' before I went to bed. I'm looking forward to the RP.

Hi, my name is Mayali. I posted my character's CS a little while ago and wanted to hop on over here to say 'hi' before I went to bed. I'm looking forward to the RP.

Heyo! Idea here. Posting mostly to make sure I get notifications, but hey a greeting ain't hurting nobody either right? XD

Though I guess I should ask,

863d33a2f285d7725616b18a82e2577b.jpg

or

0c1c15b642e8b18f8a5dbf58d7754c73.jpg

A might be too bestial/brutal for the setting, while B might seem a bit hi-techy. (az-tech?)

Yea, I do. Basically a warrior inhabitant of Huitzilopochtli's plate, shoot out some solar eyebeams.

Interesting. Are you going for more a simple-minded warrior type or more a wisened veteran? And are they more on the explorer/light-hearted kind or perhaps gruff or even bloodthirsty? Certainly could be an interesting dynamic to have someone on the plates who actually doesn't think ill of the fighting and conflict now that I think about it.

Though I guess I should ask,

863d33a2f285d7725616b18a82e2577b.jpg

or

0c1c15b642e8b18f8a5dbf58d7754c73.jpg

A might be too bestial/brutal for the setting, while B might seem a bit hi-techy. (az-tech?)

I'd say the first, looks more human and the high-tech is more of a concern than the opposite I think. The "bestial/brutal" appearance as you described it could come about in any number of ways, from cultural to simply there happening to be a less developed subsect of people on the plate.

Interesting. Are you going for more a simple-minded warrior type or more a wisened veteran? And are they more on the explorer/light-hearted kind or perhaps gruff or even bloodthirsty? Certainly could be an interesting dynamic to have someone on the plates who actually doesn't think ill of the fighting and conflict now that I think about it.
I'm still in the early stages, could go either way. Though I could also go (and have gone) with the laid-back professional with a heart still warm with optimism.

I'd say the first, looks more human and the high-tech is more of a concern than the opposite I think. The "bestial/brutal" appearance as you described it could come about in any number of ways, from cultural to simply there happening to be a less developed subsect of people on the plate.
Yea, I was leaning more towards A as I found it deviant just enough from certain Aztec aesthetics, while still remaining human.

While it is fine if characters occupy the same plate, it is neat to see that so far everyone has leaned toward a different one!

That is a tough pick between the two. The az(techy) one could probably be explained by some kind of magic, but I lean in favor of A as well.

Posted.

Some translations;

Tonatiuh = Sun

cuฤuhocฤ“lลtl = Jaguar and Eagle warriors

octli = alcohol made from the sap of the maguey

When I was writing him, I ironically had in the back of my mind the Maya hero twins from Mayan mythology, that being Xbalanque and Hunahpu with a restless vengeance in their heart.

Oh, thank you. But Mecatzi is actually one of the shorter characters, I've recently created. It's actually quite refreshing, thank you for the opportunity.

I enjoy to the point character sheets with just enough information and that's it. So it was perfect. As for Aztec and Mayan mythology, you went above and beyond to insert it into your character. But I'm probably over the moon about it because it is the mythology I love and research the most myself.

Traveling between the different plates isn't too difficult. There are grand bridges between them all that don't take long to walk across. Traveling along the large land masses takes much longer though. Regardless of your birthplace, you can live on any of the other plates.

The five deities work together in order to form rules, but each plate has some of its own individual laws. Common laws, as you would imagine, involve crime, manslaughter, etc. An example of a plate central law would be on Dagda, where intentionally killing a plant could earn you prison time.

Aeon and I are going to make a quick update on the lore page to further describe how each plate has different focuses and landscapes.

The five deities work together in order to form rules, but each plate has some of its own individual laws. Common laws, as you would imagine, involve crime, manslaughter, etc. An example of a plate central law would be on Dagda, where intentionally killing a plant could earn you prison time.

So I imagine that implies certain kinds of agriculture are pretty much outright banned (since there are plants that die in the process of being harvested, wheat for instance, and then new seeds are planted in its place).

But alright, I hear ya. I'll hold off on further working on the character until tomorrow then. Gotten pretty late here anyways.

Idea Idea

You bring up a good point. Farming and use of plants and land to feed the people of plates are allowed. Doing so is keeping people alive and thriving. It is when it is needlessly killing a plant out of malice that punishment is implied. The same could be said for hunting. Killing an animal for no other reason than to kill it is also punishable. They of course take into account the understanding of say, a child, who may not yet know the importance of a tree.

Wow, the amount of discussion that has gone on today. All I've done was some drawing. I've got some coloring to try to do on her before I stick her onto the sheet.

Phyllis.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back