• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Atlas - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hello, here's my list of questions before I start making a character:

What are the aesthetics and culture resemblance for the races? For example, do the humans, elves, and dwarves all borrow inspiration from medieval Europe? Are some of the races tribal, do they borrow inspiration from Native American culture? I read the lore, but I would like clarification, since it's vague at the moment. It doesn't have to be clear cut, but I would like a general starting point, so I know how to craft my character to fit with the lore. You can also answer this question with pictures too.

Do you plan to release a history, or do we just make any backstory we want for our character, and you let us know what works and what doesn't work?

Can characters with no magical experience utilize magical artifacts? Or does it require magical knowledge?

Since this RP is a sandbox, are roleplayers allowed to take it any direction, as long as it makes sense (realistic), for example, moving it from action paced to slower socioeconomic intrigue?

Are we allowed to make side characters to support our main character? As in, we can create additional characters to progress our main character, or will you be roleplaying all other characters?

I may have more questions later, but these are the ones I can think of currently.

What are the aesthetics and culture resemblance for the races? For example, do the humans, elves, and dwarves all borrow inspiration from medieval Europe? Are some of the races tribal, do they borrow inspiration from Native American culture? I read the lore, but I would like clarification, since it's vague at the moment. It doesn't have to be clear cut, but I would like a general starting point, so I know how to craft my character to fit with the lore. You can also answer this question with pictures too.

None of the races are too heavily inspired by real life cultures, though the Dwarves and their homeland would be the most similar to medieval Europe, the Elf homeland and culture takes a bit of inspiration from Japan, and where the Humans live would be most comparable to the Middle East. The Beastfolk could be considered "tribal", but as there are many different varieties of Beastfolk, countless different cultures have popped up separately. The rest of the races are very much non-human and therefore wouldn't be close to real life human cultures. But I won't be too strict about this stuff, there are always exceptions to the rules, so if you want to create a character in a certain way just give it a go! I'll only ask for things to be changed if they really interfere with the story.

Do you plan to release a history, or do we just make any backstory we want for our character, and you let us know what works and what doesn't work?

I will probably work on some history as the RP goes on! But for now, written history is very limited in-universe, only really coming from humans and their limited experiences with other races. However that doesn't mean that said history doesn't exist! If your character wishes to learn more about the worlds history, they are absolutely free to do so!

Can characters with no magical experience utilize magical artifacts? Or does it require magical knowledge?

That would depend on the exact magical artifact, for example, a magic sword would definitely be useful to a warrior with no magical experience. But having magical abilities would of course make that magical artifact more effective. On the other hand, some magical artifacts only act as an amplifier for your own magical abilities, take a magic ring for example, if you have zero magical ability, one wouldn't be able to make use of it.

Since this RP is a sandbox, are roleplayers allowed to take it any direction, as long as it makes sense (realistic), for example, moving it from action paced to slower socioeconomic intrigue?

As long as it makes sense, yes! But this will be a party-based RP, and it may not be within my abilities as a GM to support one player's politically complex side quest, while the remaining party members battle giant monsters elsewhere! Though at the same time, that does sound like fun. Basically, just keep in mind time constraints, your fellow roleplayers and such things.

Are we allowed to make side characters to support our main character? As in, we can create additional characters to progress our main character, or will you be roleplaying all other characters?

I'd say it depends on the context, for example if we have a party of five or so on an adventure, we probably wouldn't want each roleplayer to have extra characters, or risk things getting unfocused. Pets, mounts and things like that i'd be more willing to accept, but otherwise side characters would have to have a specific purpose in the story to be allowed. This is in reference to long-term characters that one would make a character sheet for, but if anyone has an idea for an NPC they'd like to play, just let me know!

Thank you for answering my questions. For now I'll wait for future information such as the history before creating a character.

Rurnur Rurnur Did you edit the lore for the playable races or am I losing my mind? I remember there being a line that said Brightwings lacked wisdom and that Darkwings lacked endurance or something along those lines ^^

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn The main two tribes are the Brightwings (Tall, parrot-like folk with bright colored feathers) and the Darkwings (Short, often hunched over raven-like folk). Most Neoaves are capable of flight, and still have claws to grab stuff with. (I never liked the idea of bird people with wings and arms) Also, I left it vague so that anyone can play some other variation of bird-person, be they owl people, hawk people, etc. You can just say they come from one of the various other islands.

MiraAutumn MiraAutumn The main two tribes are the Brightwings (Tall, parrot-like folk with bright colored feathers) and the Darkwings (Short, often hunched over raven-like folk). Most Neoaves are capable of flight, and still have claws to grab stuff with. (I never liked the idea of bird people with wings and arms) Also, I left it vague so that anyone can play some other variation of bird-person, be they owl people, hawk people, etc. You can just say they come from one of the various other islands.
I meant more along the lines of, how humanoid are they? Like do they have beaks? Do they look like this:
tumblr_p4ywjr9cGL1vp2djto1_400.jpg

Or are they more human-looking? Don't worry I've already read everything you've just said in the lore thread lol

Could a ironshell learn some basic wild magic... like let’s say just shooting some lighting out of its claws?

Since you said there where not the most intelligent it would take a abnormal intelligence for them to do that correct?

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Sure they could! It's definitely not the norm, but a highly-intelligent individual could achieve that. Also feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions about backstory, etc. as Ironshells are generally feared by other races.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back