• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Atlas [Element RP]

typhoon

watery grave

ecea218ba45d587369b77ece55729e33.gif

Alright, so I think I've returned permanently and that's why I'm starting a new rp.

The rp will have certain Avatar elements, but I won't have a whole lot.
There are four element "nations," and they do have four rulers. They will be able to be played, and then the spots for family positions, guards, etc will be open as well.

Instead of one of the nations wanting power and attacking the others, there will be another group of people with darker abilities popping up. Instead of people being born of the four elements in their respective nation, children with entirely new abilities are being born. Sometimes their powers do share links to their natural element, like water, but they seem to be more dangerous and uncontrollable.
It turns out that one scientist found the gene that causes elemental manipulation and toyed with it for many years until he found a way to create those with new sets of abilities. The people who were toyed with didn't have their actual powers changed, but their children did get the gene.
There was only a small number of the children who grew up with these new powers, and most of them didn't live that long to even get attention. The doctor soon died, leaving his creations behind. As years passed, the number of these differently-powered people started growing rapidly, and it soon started disrupting the nations. People started hunting for them because they saw them as abominations. They were mistreated in some areas and illegal in others. Eventually, a leader surfaced who was the most powerful of them (available to be played) and started forming a group (also available). Most of the leader's beliefs were through force and violence, however. The rp will start off during this tense time.

So, that's a small part of it. I'll add little bits of info if this takes off. If you have any questions or anything then feel free to ask!

Looks interesting! I do have a question re: the 'darker powers', that is, what do they consist of?
I was thinking of taking the element powers and twisting them, like for water it would be making storms or blood bending (which in this world isn't something a typical bender would be able to unless it's the ruler, who's power would be a lot stronger than everyone else's). However, I'm not against entirely new powers being created, like chaos abilities, mind control, etc. Anything that would be seen as an abnormality would be considered "dark powers" because they're coming out of nowhere seemingly.

I'll throw in my interest.

Around what age are you expecting the Leader of the 'Abominations' to be? I'd be interested in making him.

I'd be lying if I said I was not interested, I've got the idea of a "skin bender" who can manipulate the surface level of flesh. They'd be a spy/assassin for the 'Abominations' who's main thing is that they can change most of their appearance.

Sounds fantastic. I'd be interested in playing the role of either the water bending leader or military leader under his command. Which kinda brings me to my next point, which is would you be open to the idea of a militarist/orderly water (or otherwise) nation? Could make it more interesting if nations differ in ideology and values.

Sounds fantastic. I'd be interested in playing the role of either the water bending leader or military leader under his command. Which kinda brings me to my next point, which is would you be open to the idea of a militarist/orderly water (or otherwise) nation? Could make it more interesting if nations differ in ideology and values.
Ill be adding a lot of information about each nation when I make the thread. I can hold that position for you and you can tell me what to put for the nation and all that or I can make it and just include the militarist part and then add whatever.

Ill be adding a lot of information about each nation when I make the thread. I can hold that position for you and you can tell me what to put for the nation and all that or I can make it and just include the militarist part and then add whatever.
Okay, that would be cool. I'd be happy to help re: water nation information, assuming you don't already have a general idea you want to implement for it. I'd just need to know what kind of information you're gonna want for it.

Okay, that would be cool. I'd be happy to help re: water nation information, assuming you don't already have a general idea you want to implement for it. I'd just need to know what kind of information you're gonna want for it.
Anything that you want included ill add and ill add anything I think needs to be included since im still working on the code and stuff

Consider me interested! Not sure if I have anything else to add, other than showing support for the earth-element types... if that indeed would be one of the four, unless you go for plants or metal instead. All of those are grand... I'll wait on/lurk for more info though, no worries!

interested! would like to reserve the ruler of the fire nation if possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back