• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Atlantic University (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Saito Hotaru
Outfit: x
Mood: Happy/Flustered
Interactions: Eoin ( Alvaris Alvaris )

Hotaru looked a bit confused, but smiled anyway. She guessed he was bold, much bolder than her.

“Most people are great. I’ve never really met any mean person.” And that was true. She never had met anyone who was truly awful or bad to be with. As he joked, she giggled again. His grin was so confidant, but sweet at the same time. It made her stomach do weird flips. She was not used to that.

Her head tilted to the side, and her eyebrows were raised when he said he ‘didn't ask permission’. She couldn’t imagine never asking for permission for anything except basic things like snacks and bathroom breaks.

“You don’t ask? And the teachers don’t tell? Seriously?” She shook her head in slight confusion. It was obvious that she was new to the whole ‘skipping’ concept. “My parents were my teachers up until mid high school.” She murmured, tapping her fingers rapidly on the table. She stopped, and looked up as Eoin made his next comment. “Yeah, I think I’ll stick with not doing that for now.”

Hotaru looked slightly baffled, and stared at Eoin as if he just told her aliens existed. “I don’t understand that. People just tell you to go away? But your so nice, and fun! And why would it be your own fault?” She seemed genuinely confused by the whole ordeal still. She tried to shake it off, but found it weird. She had never really had a friend before though, so do people who are friends really just tell each other off like that?

Hotaru looked down at her burger, and took a half annoyed half hungry bite. She chewed, but nodded vigorously as Eoin asked if she liked it. She swallowed, and pointed to his.
“Are you enjoying yours?” She asked hesitantly, leaning back a bit.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
1118full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin
Interaction(s): Meme Machine Meme Machine

Eoin nodded. "I'm glad to hear that." He couldn't imagine anyone not liking her or being cruel to her. Hotaru was kind spirited and soft spoken, and the idea that anyone could be mean seemed extremely absurd. Her giggle made his chest lighten a bit. He liked that sound of it. At her question he laughed, the seriousness of her tone genuinely surprised him. Eoin shook his head, stifling a laugh now. "We're adults and we don't need our parents permission to do anything here," he said. "Homeschooled, eh? That's cool."

"Okay," he said, wanting to add that she'd be missing out, but something told him he'd better not. Hotaru wasn't that kind of person and he wanted to make sure she knew that he respected that. He didn't want to push too hard or too far; he felt that what was starting was too fragile to put on the line. He'd never felt so reserved with someone. Something about the calm aura she exuded made him question so many things, but it wasn't a bad thing. She was so different from him and he was trying to match her, but why? He had never been concerned with it before. It bothered him a bit, but not enough for him to stop. She was unique, different, kind, and someone he genuinely wanted as a friend.

Eoin chuckled softly at her comment before rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm not this controlled, refined individual, such as yourself," he said with a half smile. "Back in Ireland, my crowd got a bit wild." Though he'd never had a run-in with the law, that didn't mean things didn't get out of hand. He didn't want to put her off so soon, since he didn't think he was a bad guy. At times he partied a little too hard, but that didn't mean he should be written off as a spawn of Satan. "Anyway, my life isn't that interesting." He chuckled awkwardly, he didn't want to talk much more about this. He couldn't imagine that she ever drank or got drunk and he felt embarrassed to tell her that he had.

"Yeah. It's delicious." He took another bite averting his gaze from her face. He wasn't sure if she noticed the tension, but it was beginning to gnaw at him. He tried to think of something else to say, something light and airy, but his mind was blank as he chewed.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Flustered

Hotaru watched as Eoin’s lips curved into a smile, and his eyes slightly glimmered in laughter. It made her feel happy that he was happy. Just the simple gestures made her smile wider at him. When he mentioned that they were adults, Hotaru laughed nervously, and nodded. Sure, she was an adult, but she was used to all her decisions being made for her.

“Y-Yeah. I guess so. But Homeschool is great if your looking for advanced education, not so much social skills.” She finished off, taking another bite of her burger. She could tell he wanted to add something else to the part about skipping school, but didn’t. She could see he was more of a social person. Not that he wasn’t smart or anything, she highly doubted that. He just seemed more comfortable around the idea of skipping school and talking to random people. Meanwhile she acted like the idea of skipping a class was ludicrous. She guessed it came from being raised so drastically different. She wanted to be like him, in the social sense. And in the family sense. She wouldn’t trade her Tessen or her fighting skills, her hobbies or her work for anything, but to have a family that she felt safe to talk to? That was something she would love to have.

Hotaru laughed harder when she heard ‘controlled, refined individual’. She guessed she was that, wasn’t she? It seemed a little odd to think about, her not being reckless. That’s all she used to think about. Being a reckless person.

“Yeah, I could see that. You and some wild party, sounds about right.” She didn’t say it in a rude manner, more of a teasing one.
“And I highly doubt your life isn’t interesting.” She stressed the highly part, and raised an eyebrow in suspicion. But she stopped when she picked up on him being uncomfortable. She swapped the conversation around right then and there, leaving it be and moving to a new topic.

“So I do have a question.” She asked, looking at him like she was going to ask some deep personal question. “Is a Twinkie like a Oreo? Because it sounds kind of similar, and I’m not sure how I feel about that.” She spoke with seriousness, but there was playfulness in her eyes.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
8419029758_66e2298bc4_c.jpg
Eoin

Eoin nodded. He'd met a few other homeschooled kids, but couldn't say they were friends. A lot of people raved about it, but he liked his school just fine. Sure, most of them were better mannered, but some were just weird. Hotaru wasn't though. She was quiet, but wasn't odd in that respect. She seemed to have good social skills, enough that she didn't come off as different in a bad way. "Both are definitely important," he spoke quietly. Most people didn't peg his as academically inclined, but he enjoyed learning. People saw him and thought "jar head jock", but there was more to this redhead then he let on.

A smile tugged at his lips at her comment. Wild Parties. He had some crazy stories, but he would keep them to himself for now. He finished his burger and took a sip as she raised an eyebrow at him. His life suited him just fine. There were always those mundane days mixed with a bit of variety. As he watched her, he couldn't picture her at a party, at least the kind he had in mind. She seemed more like a gala girl. Eoin placed his cup down and glanced out the window. Focus, he told himself. His blue eyes turned back to her. Dang, she'd look good in one of those dresses though.

At her sudden change in mood he was able to pay attention to her words more than appearance. The lightness in the air from earlier was sucked out and his gaze was solely on her. Eoin laughed at her question, feeling the joyous air return. "I was not expecting that." He grinned. "That was cruel," he added shaking his head. "No. They're nothing alike. Twinkie's are like..." he scratched his head and furrowed his brow. "A cake thing. They're long and oval and an oreo is a cookie." He lifted his hands, flattening his palms as they faced one another. He kept them a couple inches apart. "They're this big, I think and they're soft, I think." He hadn't actually seen one in person, but the movies made them appear soft and fluffy.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/

Hotaru, in all honesty, deeply regretted wasting her high school experience with staying by herself and focusing on studies. She had never had a sleepover, except this once with the daughter of one of her father’s friends. They didn’t get along so well. The girl wanted to sneak out, but Hotaru was to scared. The girl said that Hotaru was a stupid, turtle-shelled little goodie two shoes who was boring, then left and went to wherever she was going. Hotaru almost cried herself to sleep. She looked at Eoin, and nodded in agreement.

“Yes. Both are important.” She commented, taking the final bite of her burger. She noticed the slight upturn of his lips as she mentioned the party’s, and she couldn’t help but grin herself. Trying to imagine him as a ‘wild party person’ was easy, but not to the point of breaking the law or doing anything too dangerous. He definitely seemed like the type of person who was unafraid to try new things. She noticed his gaze trailed to the window, and then back to her. He had an unreadable look on his face, and she tilted her head in confusion. Swallowing, she narrowed her eyes in confusion slightly.

“What?” She asked curiously. Not in a rude, demanding way. More of a gentle ‘are you ok’ sense.

She laughed out loud as he said that he wasn’t expecting her statement. Placing a hand over her mouth, she shook her head in laughter and sighed.

“No, that was not cruel. It was a question. I try my very best to be nice.” She spoke with humor in her voice, a smile on her lips, and posed her hand dramatically over her heart as if she had been wounded. As he explained it, Hotaru just looked more confused. Finally, she shrugged, and leaned back in her seat. “Well, I guess I’ll know it when I see it then.” She couldn’t help but smile at the man in front of her. He was so.... okay with her being the way she was. Shy and calm, and he actually seemed to enjoy talking with her. She remembered her aunts tease when she had gotten out of the car earlier that day. Don’t find a boyfriend just yet, Hotaru! We don’t need your parents up our tails.

She had scoffed at her aunt then, but now thinking about it she blushed, and shook it away. She was probably just reading way to much into it. Yes? Maybe?

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
Danny-Schafer-Lukas-Sowada-05.jpg
Eoin

Eoin nodded slowly. "Aye," he said. "Just thinking about those wild parties." His voice was quiet as he took another sip of his drink. When her laughter filled the air he smiled, that noise was something that he could get used to. "It was cruel." He grinned leaning on the table. "Ha-your best to be nice. Well, I didn't find that very nice." His voice rumbled and he shook his head as she placed her hand over her heart. "Playing innocent, I see. Or rather, coy." He laughed.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "I've never had it." He chuckled before saying, "Sorry, I'm not the best at describing it. But, if you want, we can go get one for dessert." He grinned pushing the plate toward the centre of the table. "That's if you're up for it." As he watched her he couldn't help but feel lighter. The blush that spread across her face was something he'd grown to love in such a short amount of time. His siblings teased him endlessly when he was accepted into this school about the American girls, but she wasn't American.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Embarrassed

Shrugging it off when he mentioned the party’s again, as he clearly didn’t want to talk about it, Hotaru smiled lightly at Eoin. She was glad that they could joke about things and understand each other’s humor. She rolled her eyes, and leaned forward a bit.

“Eoin, you wound me! Any relation to jokes or cruelty was completely coincidental.” She spoke sarcastically, making it clear that it wasn’t coincidental. She ran a hand through her pony tail on reflex, smiling softly at the man.

She giggled again, shaking her head slightly. “It’s alright. I’m not much help at describing things at anything.” She jumped up as he asked if she wanted to have desert. “Yes!” She said, a little to loudly. She immediately turned red and sunk into her chair. Gosh, find a filter and an inside voice! Hotaru mentally screamed. She was a mess inside her head. “Yes..... sure. That would be fun.” She spoke quieter, obviously embarrassed. She had to suppress a smile, though. She was silently laughing at herself on how bad that reaction was from her.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
4a2f66492e1787d87ea520888803b182.jpg
Eoin

"I. Wound, you?" He scoffed and shook his head. "Coincidental. Why is it that I don't believe you." He tapped his chin and laughed. At least he wasn't alone in his ineptitude. His eyes widened at her burst of excitement. A wide grin spread across his smiling face. She was adorable. The glint in her eyes was entrancing. When she slid back into her chair, her cheeks aflame with embarrassment he still grinned. "You are one of a kind," he said with a short laugh.

"I'm pleased to hear that. " He looked around the room until he spotted the waiter. "I've always wanted to do this," he whispered before raising his hand. "Check please," he said and the man nodded before scurrying off. Eoin looked back at Hotaru. "I think we can get them at a convenience story or something." He shrugged. "They have a gas station down the road, they might have them." He added before taking one last sip of his soda.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Embarrassed

Hotarus blush went darker as he joked along with her, the smile on his face dashing. She started mentally yelling at herself after he complimented her, and she wasn’t sure if she was embarrassed because of her outburst or embarrassed because he was smiling at her and gave her a compliment. The only thought that was repeating through her mind was Thats not helping, in which she was referring to his compliment tied with her embarrassment.

She giggled nervously (It was kind of funny) as he asked for the check, and subtly got her money out of her wallet. She clenched her fists to her sides in an attempt to not cover her face, which was very tempting at the moment. Her face started going back to normal, and she nodded slightly.

“Yeah. That’s sounds good. I don’t know my way around here though, so your going to have to lead the way.” She admitted, sitting up straighter. She reached behind her head and pulled her hair up into a bun, looping it so it didn’t need another tie. It was almost perfect, except for a few pieces that fell in front of her face. She messed with her hair whenever she was nervous, tying it up or pulling it down every now and then.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been inside of an American gas station before, so that will be fun.” She joked, giving Eoin a small smile.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin
Interaction: Meme Machine Meme Machine

It wasn't long before the waiter came over and handed them their bills. The waiter excused himself for a moment to tend to another table. Eoin pulled out his cash and placed it on the table with the tip. Eoin nodded with a small smile on his face before saying, "I walked around the campus area a bit. I hate not knowing where anything is." He chuckled lightly. "If I get us lost, you can't be upset." A wide grin spread across his face. "I'm still pretty new here too."

Eoin watched as locks of her raven hair fell in front of her eyes. She messed with her hair a few times, but he assumed it was what girls did. Whenever he spent any time with them, they always toyed with their hair - even the girls with short hair. "Really? I've only been a few times." And that was mainly because of the candy and other American junk food he wanted to try. Despite the long list of candy on his bucket list, he wasn't much of a junk food eater. Being a lacrosse player, he had to make sure he was is great physical condition and that meant he needed to limit his sweet intake. A little bit of candy wouldn't hurt and he'd just hit the gym later. Eoin stood and asked, "Ready to go?"​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy

Hotaru smile at the waiter as he came with the bills, and she placed her cash next to it as well, all neatly folded. She looked back to Eoin and laughed.

“Oh, i won’t get mad. I never know where I am. If it wasn’t for my aunt I probably would’ve been kidnapped for looking like I didn’t know where I was going.” She admitted, shrugging sheepishly. she had to admit, knowing someone else was here from another country was comforting.

“Well, I’ve seen the outside of gas stations, I’ve just never been inside one before.” She spoke calmly, and stood with him as he asked if she was ready. She nodded and smiled, walking to the door and holding it open. “Yes! Let’s go.” She smiled as she spoke, gesturing to outside the door, showing she was holding it open for him.

Hotaru really loved sweet things. She very rarely got to have them in Japan, but even the ones there didn’t really compare to the ones here. The only thing she had yet to see in the area was a jiggly cake store, and a tea shop. She wondered if that was only a Japanese thing.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
1118full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin

Eoin chuckled and shook his head. "I always say 'fake it till you make it'," Eoin said with a wink. His parents always warned his sisters that no matter where they were going, that they always needed to walk and act like they had an exact destination. Eoin didn't understand why until he was older. "The inside is way better," he joked lightly as he followed Hotaru to the door. He muttered a 'thanks' before stepping outside of the restaurant.

"I think it's this way," he pointed down the road. "What's your favourite sweet treat?" He asked glancing at Hotaru with a smile. Eoin shoved his hands in his pocket as he headed toward the gas station. The air had cooled and the breeze sent a chill up his spine. Eoin looked up, the sky had a pink hue as the sun began dipping. He glanced up and saw the gas station up ahead. Eoin was looking forward to knocking something off his bucket list and he hoped Twinkies were good, especially after all the build up on the TV for them.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Happy/Excited

Hotaru couldn’t help but giggle at his statement, his words ringing true and making a lot of sense. She ended up smiling nervously as she followed him through the door, fidgeting with edge of her shirt. She giggled again at his next statement, nodding slightly as she did.

As the stepped outside, Hotaru shivered slightly, it wasn’t even visible unless you were looking at her. She was used to a bit warmer temperatures, but she kind of liked the chilly air. It reminded her she was someplace new.

“Black Cherry ice cream. With chocolate pieces in it.” She answered his question with no hesitation, and smiled. She liked a lot of other types of sweets, but she loved ice cream. “What about you? What sweet holds number one on your list.” She asked curiously, looking up at him as she spoke. She was about to ask another question when she followed his gaze to the shop.

“Oh! There it is!” She said, smiling even wider. She grabbed Eoin’s hand, and started off towards the building at a quicker pace. She didn’t even realize she had, to be honest. She was too excited. “Come on! I wanna see if it’s all that your TV shows say it will be.”

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
500full-danny-schafer.jpg
Eoin

"Hmm. Black cherry ice cream," he spoke softly. "I've never had it, but it doesn't sound very good." He chuckled glancing over at her. "I'll have to take your word for it, until I try it." He was willing to try just about anything. Eoin didn't find many foods off putting; it probably came from the size of his family where he didn't have a option to be picky. His mother dished out food and told them that's what they were eating. "What a great question." He pondered a moment. There were so many good ones it was difficult to pick just one. "Probably a Mars bar." He nodded before saying, "They're pretty spectacular, but impossible to find in the states." And that was from experience. Hardly anyone knew what he was talking about when he asked about them.

When Hotaru's hand slid his, he grinned a little wider. Her excitement fueled him and he sped up to keep up with her. He'd been in a few American gas stations and a couple were gross, but the one by the school wasn't the worst he'd seen. Actually, it was probably one of the nicer ones he'd entered. Eoin chuckled as they neared the gas station and he wished the walk were a little longer because he wanted to keep holding her hand. When they reached it he wasn't going to let her hand go first. "Are there any candies or anything else on your bucket list?" He asked, maybe they could knock a few more off.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Excited/Annoyed/Embarrassed

Smiling, Hotaru shook her head at him.

“You should take my word for it! It’s delicious.” She stated, grinning as she did. She loved smooth black cherry with dark chocolate pieces in it. It tasted so good. Her aunt was shocked when she found out that it was her favorite flavor, but now she had promised to always have a tub of it at the ready.

Hotaru’s eyes glowed at the mention of a Mars bar, and she smiled in a bit of confusion. “Really? They don’t have Mars bars here?” She asked, seeming genuinely confused. She liked them, they were pretty good. But she would’ve thought they would be more prominent in the states.

As they entered the gas station, Hotaru smiled at Eoin widly, before scanning the shelves for the Twinkies. The store was odd to her, but she thought it looked pretty cool. All sorts of chips and candies were lining the wall, and drinks sat in the fridges on the wall.

“Well, I’ve never had a....” Hotaru thought for a moment, running the word through her head trying to get it right. But she couldn’t remember the English. “What is it called? The thingy with the chocolate outside and creamy inside? It’s not an Oreo; it’s soft...” She hummed in frustration as she tried to think, getting a bit annoyed. “ムーンパイ....... ugh! What’s the English?” She looked to Eoin with annoyance. Not at him, in any extent, but specifically because she couldn’t remember whatever word it was.

It took her a second to realize they were still holding hands before her frustrated face burst red. Her eyes widened slightly, and she looked back to Eoin.
“I-I’m sorry! I didn’t, I mean....” Hotaru kept tripping I’ve her words before she slowly brought her hand out of Eoin’s. She didn’t really want to, honestly, but she didn’t want to freak him out or anything.

codedbycrucialstar

556474e688e64afd2b025194a74aa09e.png
Eoin

Eoin nodded. "Every place I've looked and every person I've asked has no idea what I'm talking about," he said shrugging. It was disappointing not to be able to whip to the mart and grab his favourite chocolate bar, but he told himself he didn't need it. Eoin was astute at reminding himself that he came here for lacrosse almost as much as school. "Apparently it's a trend though," he added a moment later. A few of his friends came to the States for school and none of them could find their favourite chocolate bars.

The gas station was well lit when they stepped in. Everything shone brightly under the white lights. The candies seemed more appetizing, as well as the crisps. Eoin headed toward the candy, scanning the racks for Twinkies. He wasn't sure exactly where they'd keep them because he wasn't sure what food category they fell in. They looked cake-like, but appearances were quite deceiving. Eoin's eyes flicked in her direction. "Uh. Swiss Roll?" He'd seen Swiss Rolls on the shelf days ago and only remembered them because he wanted to try them. Eoin chuckled at her frustration and said, "Sorry, wish I could help."

The reddening of her cheeks took him off guard before she fumbled over her words. When she took her hand from his he realized what she meant. Eoin smiled. "Don't be sorry. I'm not." He slowly moved his hand toward hers. "I like holding your hand," he said, wanting to be clear about his intentions. His heart thumped in his chest as the fear of rejection played in his mind, but it wasn't enough to keep him at bay.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Excited/Embarrassed

Hotaru hummed disappointedly, her gaze falling on the racks as she too searched for twinkles. “Hm. What a shame.” She spoke simply tilting her head to the side. She liked Mars bars, and she had heard tons of people outside the states had similar feeling towards it. She just had to guess America wasn’t perfect.

As Eoin spoke, trying to help her out with the word, Hotaru’s eyes light up with realization and she yelled out the answer. “Moon pie!” It’s called a Moon Pie!” She exclaimed, and jumped up and down excitedly. She had the hardest time remembering the simplest English words, it drove her nuts. Once, she forgot the word for door. It’s was so embarrassing. But on another note, she hadn’t tried a Moon Pie yet. She really hoped that she could at some point. It would be so delicious. (She had heard great things about it.)

Hotaru’s breath caught in her throat as he told her to not be sorry. Did he truly not mind holding her hand? She felt her blush grow a bit deeper, and her mouth was left open for a moment. Oh my gosh. This handsome, nice, sweet man was ok with holding her hand. She noticed that his hand came closer to hers, and she gently slid her hand back into his.

“O-okay.” She said, stuttering at first. She felt herself let out a breath she had been holding, smiling softly at him. Gosh, he was so sweet.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
8419029758_66e2298bc4_c.jpg
Eoin
Eoin nodded. "Truly," he said quietly. A world without his favourite candy bar seemed bleak, but that was him just being dramatic. He told his siblings to send him some and he promised to take them buy them whatever they wanted when he got home. "Moon pie? I've never eaten those either." He chuckled lightly before pointing to a blue and white box by the cake items. There were Swiss Rolls, and the little white powdered donuts. "Seems like the have them." Eoin looked over at her. "Want to try them too?"

When her mouth stayed parted for a moment, he smiled lightly. She seemed surprised by his interest in her. For a moment, he wasn't sure if she'd take his hand. It would hurt a bit if she didn't, but he would understand. He might seem like a psycho to her because they'd only just met this morning, but he was a man who believed in fate and destiny. It made him curious about her beliefs and where she stood on those ideas. That would be subject he would ask at another time.

When her hand slid in his, he wrapped his fingers around her. His feelings for her were definitely growing. It was crazy that he'd grown so find of her in such a short amount of time. Eoin didn't think she was the kind of girl that moved quickly, but that was a mere assumption. Not that he wanted to move quickly, but he didn't want to scare her away this early. He was interested in pursuing her, which sounded so technical. He nearly laughed out loud at his thoughts.​

Saito Hotaru
Mood: Excited/Flustered

Hotaru thought of how her aunt described Moon Pies, and almost sighed. To her aunt they were the next best thing since sliced bread. “Oh, believe me, I can’t wait to try out a Moon Pie. My aunt simply raves about them all the time.” Hotaru explained, shrugging slightly but a smile still on her face. Maybe they could get Swiss Rolls too. He seemed pretty excited about those. She grabbed some Moon Pies, as well as a few Swiss Rolls to go along with it. “Yes.” She gave him a dead pan, serious yes. She loved sweets.

She saw him smile at her, and looked down shyly. She had a hard time believing that he would be interested in her, even thought they just met. Don’t get her wrong, Hotaru was definitely attracted to Eoin. She just didn’t expect him to feel the same. As he wrapped his fingers around her hand, Hotaru tried to take deep breaths to calm the heck down. She wasn’t sure if it was smart moving that fast, meeting each other a few hours before and then deciding to hold hands, but she didn’t care to much at the moment. Looking around the shelves some more, she spotted the Twinkies on the shelf below, and grabbed two of them with her free hand. “H-here they are.” She said, smiling at him and handing one of the to him. After she had grabbed all the stuff they wanted, she looked over at the register and looked to Eoin. “So, I guess we’re ready then?”

codedbycrucialstar

ea097091ac94010691182c24f578bbd9.jpg
Eoin

Eoin chuckled and nodded, enjoying her enthusiasm. "I'd never object to more sweet treats," he said patting his stomach. He could splurge just this once. His parents reminded him to enjoy himself in America and not let lacrosse and school control his time and life. She'd mentioned her aunt before and he figured she must live pretty close. "You and your aunt close?" He asked. He'd grasped her relationship with her parents by how she described growing up and such, but she'd never made any of those comments related to her aunt.

When she looked down, his smile faded for only a moment and he hoped he hadn't moved too fast. He wanted to remain a respectable speed for her and he was afraid she'd be too nervous to say otherwise. Hotaru had her moments of bravery and boldness, but she seemed extremely shy in this area, which was expected after what she'd told him. Maybe he'd better check in. "Aye, the Twinkies. Our mission is almost complete," he joked with a soft laugh. He took them from her and nodded. "Good eye." He followed her gaze and nodded. "Aye, we have more than we planned. I'd say our journey was successful." He smiled before moving toward the register.​

Saito Hotaru

Hotaru giggles slightly, and nodded. “Same here.” She said happily, smiling as he patted his stomach. She couldn’t help but smile wider as chuckled, and fidget her hands around the end of her shirt. “My aunt?” It came out as more of a question, as she was a bit surprised by the question. “Yes. I mean, we never hung out much when I was a kid, but she offered to let me stay with her when I moved here.” She thought about it for a moment, and realized she was probably closer with her aunt than with her parents. Her aunt didn’t mind her taste for more pop culture music, and didn’t make her do a ton of stuff she didn’t want to (except chores, but that was understandable).

Hotaru looked at him and smiled when he laughed. He had such a nice laugh. She went with him to the register, pulling out enough money for the sweets, and keeping it in a different pocket for when she needed to pay. “I’d say the same. This is a lot of.... um..... sweets.” She was going to say sugar, but forgot the word for a moment. She was never to good at English, even though she knew Chinese and Mandarin by heart. A shame she learned English so much later in her life.

codedbycrucialstar

gVrwh0S.jpg
Eoin
Meme Machine Meme Machine

Eoin nodded. "That was mighty kind of her," he said. His family was like that too. Everyone invited everyone to hang out. He spent a lot of time at his cousin's house and they spent a lot of time at his. His family lived in a rather close proximity to one another and he was grateful he'd gotten the chance to build those ties. Even when they moved further away or out of the country for school, they kept in touch.

He stopped in front of the cashier and smiled before placing the sweets on the counter. Eoin pulled out his cash and handed it over before looking at Hotaru. "What do you say we head back to campus before we dive into the sweets?" He suggested. He wasn't opposed to opening them beforehand, but he knew he'd want something to wash them down with. "We can go to the lounges or my dorm." His roommate was never around and he had just cleaned it or he wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.​

Saito Hotaru

She smiled, and nodded slightly. It was really kind of her, especially since they hadn’t known each other very well before then. She had been really suprised when she received the email (one of the two media items she had) saying that it was an option. “Yes, it was.” The reply was simplified, but her thankful expression said what words couldn’t. Sometimes thats all it took.

Hotaru gathered the parcel of sweets in her hand as the cashier bagged them, and smiled up at him. Her eyes lit up with the thought of all the sweets, stuff she had never tried and she honestly didn’t think she would. Nodding enthusiastically, most embarrassment gone from holding his hand, Hotaru thought about it for a moment.
“Yes, that sounds good. I haven’t seen the lounge yet, so no promise I won’t get lost.” She joked, shrugging her shoulders.

codedbycrucialstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back