• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for our illustrious Storyteller. You already said that once I make my Wand of Magic Missiles that I plan on, I can recharge it. Is it at a 1-for-1 rate with my spells, or is there a different rate of exchange?

I have answered this before, but I don't remember when... Probably sometime last year. Since I don't remember what I ruled and I sure as heck don't want to spend a minimum of a 1/2 hour of my game time looking for it (barring any ADHD difficulties), I'm going to go with the standard Pathfinder Rule - Wands cannot be recharged.

If I come across that ruling of mine in Adventurers' Table later, I'll check it out. Otherwise, I'm afraid we're stuck with this.

Yeah, sorry. If you (or anyone) don't mind going back through Adventurers' Table and looking and finding my ruling, I'll strongly consider whatever I ruled at the time.

Thanks, Cap'n!

Sherwood. In Sharseya (which takes from 1st Edition in some places including here), some wands can be recharged, others cannot. It all depends on the wand in question. This is different than Pathfinder where wands cannot be recharged at all.

So, which wands can be recharged? I use Dungeon Masters Guide 1st Edition to help with that. Typically speaking, wands with common spells (like the Wand of Magic Missiles you're looking forward to making for Luna) can be recharged while wands with very special powers (like the feared Wand of Negation or the outrageous Wand of Wonder) cannot be recharged. =)
Found it!

Good going but where? Can you give me the post #?

Sherwood Sherwood I found the information I was looking for. Thank you for finding that post (and again, if you can provide the post #, I can put this up in Shop Talk and keep it there so we don't have to go through this again). =)

Sherwood Sherwood And thanks to Kaerri, I have learned that, in xenForo, when you quote someone (as you quoted my old post), in order to find it, one just clicks the little blue arrow - it took me straight to my old post (#2563).

Now to do a little more research to answer the core of your question - how does one recharge a Wand of Magic Missiles?

And another post for Sherwood - Luna does not yet have the Craft Wand feat; she still has Rapid Reload. Here's why:

Re: Retraining. I certainly don't have a problem with it but it looks like it's a 400 gold piece charge plus 8 hours a day for 5 days. See the Pathfinder Retraining rules here. After the training on the 5th day, Luna can start crafting her first wand. If that sounds like a chore, then get your butts straight to Highwind and get to questing for good loot. =)

Sherwood, Luna hasn't swapped that Rapid Reload feat for the Craft Wand just yet. Remember the 8 hours a day of intense training for 5 days (not to mention the gold cost)?

Luna paid for the gold cost (you subtracted it from her total back then); Luna just needs to start that "8 hours a day for 5 days" retraining and she's set.

Okies. I am working toward finding a fair (and hopefully satisfying solution) for item recharge in Sharseya. I've brainstormed some ideas, but I need to sleep on them instead of just type them in here ("We will sell no wine before its time." - Paul Masson).
Have a good evening/morning, everyone! =)

With the Evoker School of magic, I add 1/2 my level to the damage done by a Evocation spell. So, at our current level, I add +4 to the spell. I got that. But, on a spell like Magic Missile that fires multiple bolts, I would think that I get the +4 to only one of the four bolts. It would not be a 1d4+5 for each Missile. Is that correct?

Okies. I have a solution I'm happy with concerning recharging items, but I'm already past my bedtime. I'll let you all in on it tomorrow (and remind myself to add it to Shop Talk). Have fun until next! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus I've got everyone's vote but our favorite Sniper Kitten! What does he say? =)
Heya folks!

Do you want to roleplay the tour of would you rather fast-forward to the next scene?

Here is a thought: When I use a Metamagic Feat to boost the effect of a spell, such as Empowering a 2nd level Scorching Ray spell, that raises the spell slot that it uses up. Does that also raise the saving throw DC, or does that not change?

No change. The spell itself remains the same level, hence the same DC. Good question, but you've asked that one before too (though it's been some time). =) =)

Ah, yes. I had forgotten. Thank you for being patient with me. I'm just calculating various combinations of spells plus metamagic feats to see what I can come up with.

No worries! You asked it last year, for crying out loud. I only remembered it because Kaerri provided the (accurate) answer. =)

I have no issues with a fast-forward of the tour. Sorry, had a full couple of days.

Captain Hesperus

-Cap'n. No worries! Real Life Always Comes First. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back