• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Twelve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Just to give you all a quick heads-up, I'm taking a plane flight to Texas to visit some family later today, so I will be off line for a few hours while I travel. I'm bringing my tablet along so I can keep posting over the weekend, but I won't be on as much over the next few days.

Dannigan Dannigan
I wanna "hear" the conversation. ^33^ Bren's probably too preoccupied, but his player's not!

Sure! But, let's keep the game going here. Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Does Nivi intend to reply to Bren's question or should I move the game along?

Yes. Sorry. Posted now *woof*

I'm living and working in another city at the moment, because of a film project, so I have a very small amount of reliable free time. I'm afraid life won't be returning to normal for another two weeks, possibly more. On a brighter note, today I nodded to Samuel L. Jackson as he passed me by - and I'm pretty sure he ever so subtly nodded back...

How cool is that? *howl*

I think that's great, Wolf! Thanks for posting in the middle of a busy schedule! =)

Too cool! Thanks for posting despite the excitement. ^33^

Oreleth is quiet as both Luna and Nivirea try to find something in themselves to connect to in the effort to restore themselves from this curse that was laid upon them. As they do this, she keeps her attention split between the two directions that an enemy may come down. After all, there was something guarding the bone bridge, giving proof that they are not alone in here.

Because Oreleth has got your back! =)

Ah, if you don't mind the correction, dear Wolf, the playtest began at the beginning of this chapter when I transferred all of your characters over to PF 2.0.. For example, the entire Goblin and Warg battle was all done in PF 2.0, and therefore part of the playtest.

It's the dungeon adventure that has not yet begun! =)

As far as Paizo (the creators of Pathfinder) are concerned, their 2.0 playtest was completed back in (I think) October of 2018. They have since updated 2.0..

That update (call it PF 2.1 if you like) contains some new changes, most of which I think all of you will like. Some spells (like Burning Hands) inflict more damage while healing received a bonus. There are some class-related goodies for some classes too, if memory serves.

I will be updating us to 2.1 when you reach a certain point in the story. But in order for that to happen, we need to story to move. =)

(I'm getting over a big headache I woke up with so do please forgive any grammatical errors/"failures in brain function." Ha ha.)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Well, either in 2.0 or in the old rules, I'm anxious to get Luna back to her tenth level of xp once more. It would be interesting to see how different she will look with the new edition rules.

How do you think I feel, having not even gotten one good fight under my belt as a Arcane Archer before it went 'poof!'? At this point, I don't even know if there is such a thing as an Arcane Archer in 2.0, or if I would be better off just sticking with the fighter class and maximizing my archer abilities and Feats.

Psychie, that's one big reason I wanted to do this playtest in the first place. I wanted to know which of the two Pathfinder versions was more fun to play for Sharseya Online here on RpN.

One way or another, you will be able to play your Arcane Archer. Even if I have to build the class up from scratch in PF 2.0, you will be able to play your Arcane Archer. The only way I don't see that happening is if you decide to change classes at some point (like Kaerri did for Bren).

You are one of my players in Sharseya. Your fun is about as important as mine. =)

Whoops! How'd that happen? Thanks, Wolf! =) *deletes one of the posts*

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie

All in favor of me kickstarting some action back into this adventure? I am starting to lose my hold on the story and if something doesn't get it moving soon, your 1st level party might find out what it's like to fight a 5th-level ogre, er, I'll have to resort to measures that promote action! =)

Well, I was planning to finish Nivi's talk with Bren and then set out deeper into the cave, but since we're probably not getting anywhere we might as well just push on.

Perhaps another party member could remind the others that restoring their old selves isn't the only objective, and that they've yet to escape the place? Who knows, maybe getting out could help with that, too *woof*

All in favor of me kickstarting some action back into this adventure?
I take it this means absolutely nothing happened as a result of Luna's and Nivirea's efforts? I know you haven't said anything about it, but, well, you haven't said anything about it, just more description of our environs.

Wolf - continuing the conversation is fine by me, but when that campfire runs out of fuel, your characters are going to start feeling the effects. Snow or no snow, it's extremely chilly and getting darker outside. Night is the time goblins prefer and darkness holds no barrier for them, unlike the Wayward Wanderers.

Kaerri - That is correct. Absolutely nothing appears to have taken place. =)

Above all, I don't want to lose my "grip" on what I've got (story). I certainly don't mind the roleplaying, but I'd like to give Psychie, Cap'n, and Sherwood something to do too before too many days go by. =)

Ok, I was just waiting to see if there is any reaction for Luna and Nivirea, but if there is nothing changing for either of them, lets move forward.

Ahem *cough cough*

Perhaps another party member could remind the others that restoring their old selves isn't the only objective, and that they've yet to escape the place? Who knows, maybe getting out could help with that, too *woof*
That could be your cue, Psychie *woof*

Since all the conversation so far couldn't have taken more than a couple minutes IC, I don't see the fire dying completely before we finish, but the concern is real that time is being wasted and nothing is being done, so someone, anyone, could use the chance to point this out and that could be what triggers the next skip head. We should get deeper into the cave, I guess. Nothing out there anyway.

Happy Easter, Sherwood and everybody! =)

Note: In Sherwood's Rifts game, Psychie asked what White Plume Mountain was. Since there is talk about Sharseya in my response (and since she plays here too), I moved the answer here.

Psychie Psychie White Plume Mountain is an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons module (1st Edition) originally written and published in 1979. There are later renditions of White Plume Mountain (including one where they try to add some goodies, but somehow, it just didn't have the same AD&D "flavor"), but the original is by far my favorite version. =)

The original is an outstanding dungeon with riddles, tricks, traps, nasty monsters, unique rewards, and a fun little storyline to go along with it. It is written in the days where Dungeon Masters let their imaginations do the talking and kept things rewarding and dangerous. It's the stuff of great adventures! I would run it again anytime!

In fact, I did run it in the tabletop version of Sharseya. Kaerri (playing the character of that name) was in it and boy, did we have some good times in there! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back