• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Twelve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't suppose I can reroll here and pretend that the other roll was a silly mistake and that it never happened?

Dear Sherwood, you of all people should know me better than that. Had you roll a natural 20, I would have let you keep it.

While you provided a noble effort, the rolls stay. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

If I never ask, the answer is always no. I had to try.

Perhaps, bud, but when have you been in any game of mine that has been anything less than fair? =)

Sorry the dice sucked for you there. You are welcome, like Psychie and Kaerri, to switch to my personal dice if you feel RPN's are treating you badly. Also, I'm glad to see Luna giving her best effort into helping the party find shelter.

(Disclaimer: Please pardon me if I sounded anything less than positive in that previous post. I'm going through another bothersome migraine. Typing and talking helps me through these, but I'm often overly wordy, like probably now. =)

May your day be a good one!).

Migraines suck. I suffer from frequent headaches too. I have a appointment next month where I'm going to see what options are available that are non narcotic. I've just gotten to stop taking my Lortab every day for my knee pain and I don't want to go back down that path again. It's too easy to get hooked on that stuff.

Well I for one have been frantically pacing around the room while voicing theories to myself - that's how worked up Dann's last couple of posts have gotten me!

Nivirea seems to have developed some kind of Spock syndrome from what I can tell. Since I watched all 3 seasons of the Original Series, all 7 of the Next Generation, and all 7 of Voyager over the course of the last year or so, I do indeed believe myself to be sufficiently prepared for logical thinking *woof*

I am thinking that Sherwood is on the right track with the theory that we are body swapped. Let's see how this plays out!

I'm not sure why you both think that, unless something escaped me there... The way I see it, it's the interiors that have been swapped, not the exteriors. Give or take a few pieces of equipment *woof*

But somehow I doubt it's that, or just that. There's definitely something else afoot here, and my suggestion is to get everyone up and find some kind of shelter ASAP - both to survive and be able to compare notes on what just happened!

I agree that something is up with our gear, classes, and/or stats, but I'm pretty sure we're in the proper bodies. We're seeing each other do what we said, for one thing (like Luna and Otiorin shouting, and Otiorin and Bren turning Bria over). So whatever's up, we're still recognizably ourselves even in a howling blizzard. Which does not at all diminish my wonder and curiosity as to what is going on!

I disagree about that, with the comment made by Dann that we are all just a big snowy shape and we haven't taken a moment to look at ourselves in detail yet. But that question will be answered soon enough!

We may not be able to see each other well, but I understood his last post to indicate that we knew who each other was, at least, even if we couldn't see well enough to make out what we're wearing or other large "details." So I figure voices, general height and build, and maybe hair color are the same, at least.

Of course that's just my interpretation, and like you said, we should be getting more clarity soon (I hope!). ^;3^

True that! I'm quite curious to see how we get out of this mess!

I'd overall agree with you, Kaerri, however you might be wrong about the voices. See, in Nivirea's portion of the last update Dannigan said:

"BRIA!" she suddenly heard Otiorin yell nearby. He was rushing toward the still figure, Bria obviously, who lay in the snow. But, her mind protested, that could not have been Otiorin yelling!

His accent was all wrong...
So either Otiorin doesn't sound like Otiorin, or there's something wrong with Nivirea's hearing (and there's been no such indication previously). It's definitely a very confusing situation. I'm still wondering if we even have our gear... The packs, I mean. Were they on our backs while we were browsing the store or did we leave them on the wagon or what?

If there are physical changes though, then they must be quite subtle because even with the blizzard and all, our characters would have to be able to tell something was off even without looking into a mirror. Suddenly being of different height or weight is not something that could get past you, regardless of how chaotic the situation might be *woof*

So it seems like our gear and abilities got swapped, if nothing else. Oreleth seems to be in possession of Otiorin's sword (unless I'm mistaken), while Otiorin has Oreleth's bow. Bria is probably dressed in Bren's armour, or so I thought at first, though you'd think Bren would be able to tell that by now. Oh and of course, Bren is wearing someone's clothes. Could be Otiorin's, we don't know because so far he hasn't inspected that and Dann has given him no info on it. And then it seems like Nivirea might have... swapped classes with Luna? Maybe? It's still hard to tell.

The only indication of physical changes is Dann's statement that "Bria's form seemed changed" and this was from Otiorin's perspective. The extra weight was proven to be from the armour, as it seems.

Not sure what's up with Oreleth's impaired senses. This is actually the only logical thing, something I'd expect - that if Loviatar banished us to this hellscape to torture and kill us, she'd naturally start by inflicting weaknesses upon us. And yet most of us seem to have simply had our personalities/abilities/gear swapped, plus or minus some ominous feelings in our chests. Really peculiar. Not to mention that Nivirea is now the most logical being in her dimension and that Bren has become super smart or something. Those are bonuses, not curses (well, logic might be a curse, if you've seen Star Trek). This is why it occurred to me that there might be some other force at work here. Something unforeseen, perhaps even by Loviatar herself.

Can't wait until we start unraveling this ball of yarn *woof*

What? Wolves like playing with yarn, too! *rrrrrrr*

Last edited:
Good point about the voices. I still think it's worth noting that even with a different accent, Otiorin's voice was recognizable as his. Maybe we somehow switched backgrounds in some weird magical way too?

Suddenly being of different height or weight is not something that could get past you, regardless of how chaotic the situation might be
This is sooo true! I wear high-heeled shoes on (very) rare occasions (and by "high," I mean 3+ inches -- Kaerri is not a high-heel girl) and I definitely notice the difference just with those few inches.

It just clicked for me that Dann described Luna having a patch of green clothing visible through the snow. She almost always wears red, another clue to me that we have been body swapped.

Well I for one have been frantically pacing around the room while voicing theories to myself - that's how worked up Dann's last couple of posts have gotten me!

Hah!

Sorry, folks! I've had the dumb and relied on RpNation to Alert me! I haven't seen a single post here since Sunday! Catching up now! =)

I know, right?! =)

O.K.! I will post again sometime tomorrow (our time, of course). I am alerting Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus in case he wants to post before I do. =)

I will try to see if I can get something up too. Like I told Dann just now, I'm having trouble coming up with something I didn't already say in Bren's earlier post, but if I think of something I'll get it written up.

Oh, and Sherwood Sherwood ? I hope you're not bothered by the loss of a precious Action Point at Luna's Perception attempt earlier?

There are no Action Points in Pathfinder 2.0 Playtest.

Instead, there are Hero Points. But we'll get into that later unless you want to read about them in the Core Book. =)

Well, with as low as I rolled, that Acton Point wouldn't have made a difference.

This is sooo true! I wear high-heeled shoes on (very) rare occasions (and by "high," I mean 3+ inches -- Kaerri is not a high-heel girl) and I definitely notice the difference just with those few inches.
Pfft, come on Kaerri, even I've done better than that! ^D^ *rawrrrrr*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back