• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Twelve

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, unless one of the goblins turns out to have that as a special ability (not very likely at 1st level).

Attacks of opportunity have changed a great deal and now, not so many creatures have them. All Fighters (like Otiorin right now) do, but the effect is a single "free" melee attack (no negatives to the attack if one has attacked prior in the round).

EDIT: Plus, by not standing that spot, she would effectively break their flanking attempt (they would have to adjust next round). =)

Do I need to roll to hit, and how much damage does it do?

No and it's in the spell description. Spellcasters - please know your spells. If you need help finding them, let me know and I'll help when I can.

I am out of game time and should have already logged for the night, but I had to get that post for Broadsword out. I am working six days this week and need to crash. I'll post when able. Stay warm, folks.

Ok, damage roll for the spell coming up:

EDIT: I don't see a Throw Dice option here. I guess it has to go in the IC thread.

SECOND EDIT: I don't see a Throw Dice option there either.

Kaerri just posted; I'll wait

Sherwood Sherwood I see the dice roller still out of order. Do you want me to roll your dice for you?

Heh! That's not up to me (though I know what you mean); it's up to that pretty white d20 you chose for your color. =)

EDIT: Oh, wait. That die is for Luna's Reflex Saving Throws, not the goblins and young warg she's baking. They get their own die.

Last edited:
Hey, Gang! Maybe read in-game first?

To continue my thoughts above concerning Luna, let's talk dice and damage.

I rolled 2d6 (red): 10 Hit Points of damage! Sherwood, looks like you got your wish! That's great!

Let's see how their Saving Throws go. Reflex, after all, is their best of the three.

Goblin 1 - Failed (full damage!)
Warg Rider 2 - Success (half damage)
Young Warg 2 - Success (half damage)

So, with one simple spell, Luna just did 20 points of damage to your enemies, dropping one of them and badly burning the other two! =)

Note that now with Saving Throws, it is now possible to Critically Succeed (and in this case, take no damage) or Fumble (and in this case, take double damage!). The former requires beating the Saving Throw DC by 10 or more while Fumbling requires rolling under by 10 or more. So watch your modifiers and circumstances, Gang. =)

Color
Battle in the Red Cave - Color 03.jpg
(Image credit: Michael Fitzhywel and Roll20.net)

Tactical
Battle in the Red Cave - Tactical 03.jpg
(Image credit: Michael Fitzhywel and Roll20.net)

And here's our Initiative Order
Initiative Totals
Bren - Natural 20! (Used Ready action to Channel Energy upon Nivirea, healing her first wound)
Goblins - 21
Otiorin - 20 (fired two arrows for 11 Hit Points damage to Warg 1)
Luna - 19 (cast Burning Hands slaying Goblin with dogslicer and 5 Hit Points of damage to Warg Rider 2 and Young Warg 2)
Bria - 18 (freed 12 captive foxes from Warg Rider 2)
Oreleth - 17
Nivirea - 5

Psychie Psychie What's Miss Oreleth gonna do with her funkay, half-elfie Rogue self? =)

Oreleth is making two strike attempts on the Goblin with Chains, doing 2d6+1 damage per hit if I connect with the strike due to the critter being Flat Footed and with my Sneak Attack.

Purr Purr , please make my rolls for me? Hopefully I'll do as well as Sherwood on my hit and damage.

Hopefully you'll have one less target to focus your magic on after Psychie's slice and dice rolls. Then you can add to the body count!

Ack and double-ack! Forgive me, Psychie Psychie ! I rolled back-to-back 4s on my white d20 and that's a double-miss.

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr What does Nivirea do?

Okay, I'm a little confused.... IC it seems that one of the goblin riders has been killed, while his warg is running for safety... Is this the warg rider (now minus the rider) marked with a red dot next to my character? That's who I'm going for, then.

If I can figure out how to cast XD Umm, I mean... Yeah it all looks a bit complicated I guess all that I really need to do is shout Magic Missile lol. I mean, I only really have the two useful-looking spells for this situation, I think.

Hope I didn't just get this wrong... *woof*

You did a little, but it's an easy fix and I see room for improvement on my end too.

Both warg riders and young wargs are alive. The goblin foot soldier using the dogslicer is not.

The young wargs and their riders are taking up the exact same spaces (one riding the other).

Otiorin badly wounded young warg 1; the rider on him is not injured. Luna badly wounded young warg 2 and his rider.

Warg rider 1 (specifically the warg) has the magical, fiery red glow. Warg rider 2 (again the warg) had the foxes that Bria freed.

Both Wargs are running for their lives.

Who, precisely, is Nivirea's target?

Next time, I think I should name them "Warg and Rider" 1 and 2.

O.O

Uhh... The closer one, I guess *woof*

Two shots and two surprised and painful yelps later, the young warg was running as quickly as he could to get out of danger.

I interpreted this as the rider being killed, and the warg running away deeper into the cave... But I suppose my imagination got the best of me, because it doesn't exactly say that, does it...

EDIT: I edited my post with this:

"(...) the girl pulled herself together and isolated what she believed to be the most critical target - the warg rider nearest to her, who seemed to be trying to escape deeper into the cave."

That should work better, then.

Last edited:
Reading my text again, in absence of OOC chat or Cap'n's post showing who Otiorin was targeting, I think you are right on the money, Wolf. It can be read that way.

My recommendation? When in doubt, go to Adventurers' Table and look at the text in parentheses beside the characters in Initiative order. I try to provide a quick summary of that PC's most-recent action. Maybe that will help?

As for the Magic Missile spell, please read it in the Rulebook (page 236) and tell me how many missiles Nivirea wants to cast. I want my spellcasting PCs to at least be basically familiar with their character's spells. As always, you are welcome to direct your questions here. =)

And do remember - we are all new to PF 2.0.. We're supposed to goof. And that is O.K.. =)

Umm, I don't actually have any rulebooks... But, from what I read online I concluded that multiple missiles was something that only higher level characters could do, and aren't we now basically level 1 again?

The download link has been posted a few times. It looks like with the end of Paizo's playtest period, the download is no longer available. However, you can still find the rules here, minus setting-specific things like gods and locations (which we aren't using anyway).

Here is the spell from my downloaded copy:
Capture.JPG
My reading of that is that you can have up to three, depending on how long you want to take to cast it. Remembering that you have 3 actions per turn and you'll need to use at least one for the Verbal Casting, you can choose to add Somatic Casting (gestures) or Material Casting (material components) for a second action and second missile, or both for three missiles at the cost of your entire turn. Based on your IC post, Nivirea isn't doing anything but casting this turn anyway, so I'd go ahead and go for three. You can direct them at different targets if you want, or all on the same one.

Asst. DM Kaerri FTW (For The Win). =)

I found some other definition. Meh.

Well, I guess I'll spend the whole turn then, three missiles, all at the same target. For effect.

Yeah. Kaerri and I are thinking you found a first edition definition. =)

I'll post when able. Today was a doozy (putting it mildly) and my mind is mush.

Thanks, Wolf. =)

I was wondering if I could replace Prestidigitation with either Acid Splash or Ray of Frost. That way Luna can use a spell attack more than twice a day at first level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back