• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Thirteen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that seems to be helping me with alerts is two options I recently discovered under Preferences:
-- Alerts pop-up skips mark read
Viewing the alerts pop-up will not mark alerts as read
-- Alerts page skips mark read
Viewing the alerts page will not mark alerts as read

It's a little irritating with site alerts because I have to go to the alerts page and mark all as read to clear them. On the other hand, it's nice because alerts don't clear unless I've gone to the post (or marked as read), so unread alerts are always at the top.

All right! My friends and players (same people) have spoken! I shall adjust the game accordingly. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus An alert for our favorite Cap'n (in case his alerts are working as well as mine are - meaning, they're taking vacations and not telling us). There is story here and I don't want you to miss out, oh Cap'n, my Cap'n. =)

SkySting spoke again and her voice was a rumbling thundercloud. "My fate is mine own and thou hast granted it! For I believe in no greater power. Bahamut? Tiamat? But the strongest of dragons. Nothing more, nothing less. I worship no one." The echo of those words seemed to rebound a dozen times off of the deep cavern walls.
As I reread in preparation to make my own post, I'd just like to point this out. SkySting had the cure for her curse this whole time; knew where it was, what chest it was in, and what it would do -- and couldn't use it. The scroll required belief in the divine, and she's as good as said she's an atheist.
Loviatar's a bitch, putting that chest here to taunt her with what she couldn't use.

That Kaerri used the word 'bitch' in reference to a villain of mine just makes me glow! It makes me feel good to be a Dungeon Master! Kaerri just does not use that kind of language unless she means it. And she's absolutely right in that post - that is exactly how Loviatar in my game set up SkySting's curse. You are up against quite the bitch. =)

I will attempt (again) to post tomorrow (same goes for Broadsword; I know what I want to post - I want to do it justice and that's tough to do when an eventful workday has taken its toll on me). Hope life is treating you well, friends! =)

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Just pinging you because I like your posts. I'm going to bed now. =)

At the risk of initiating unwanted combat, I feel I must point out that Bren had not intended to seek cover, and in fact was standing in the open to draw eyes away from the rest of the party.

Something that seems to be helping me with alerts is two options I recently discovered under Preferences:
-- Alerts pop-up skips mark read
Viewing the alerts pop-up will not mark alerts as read
-- Alerts page skips mark read
Viewing the alerts page will not mark alerts as read

It's a little irritating with site alerts because I have to go to the alerts page and mark all as read to clear them. On the other hand, it's nice because alerts don't clear unless I've gone to the post (or marked as read), so unread alerts are always at the top.
If you did this, you'll need to do it again. A fix in the back end made them reset to off.

At the risk of initiating unwanted combat, I feel I must point out that Bren had not intended to seek cover, and in fact was standing in the open to draw eyes away from the rest of the party.

ADHD strikes again! I imagined something completely different ( don't ask me how, folks; these things just happen). Thanks for pointing it out, Kaerri.

Thankfully I have some experience in the RP department. When Bren sees the rest of his party taking cover would he then join them? Or do you want him to stand out in the open and let the creatures see him? Or something else?

Since everyone seems to be fully hidden for the moment, I think Bren will likewise take cover, somewhere in the middle and towards the front of the party if there's a good spot for that.

I was going to go for cover because I am a squishy spellcaster. Besides, striking from cover with a spell is a goodness.

Truth ^D^ But all the same, if these things get bored and wander off, that's spellslots that can be saved for the next fight! ^;3^

So, yeah... I haven't been getting alerts in my own game again. =)

Wolf Rawrrr Wolf Rawrrr Hey you! Did you want Nivirea to act on this?

It depends *woof*

If Grease is flammable and Nivirea is in range to cast it (or if she can get in range and cast it in one turn), then I would want to synergy with Sherwood's attack.

If that wouldn't work... Well, there aren't very many alternatives at level one. Burning Hands doesn't sound like it's in range, and I'm not keen on moving to 15ft from those things. Unless... I just noticed this Reach Spell feat that sounds like it extends another spell's range by 30ft, but I don't understand if I can use it here or not.

I might even have to delay my turn to act on the beginning of the next one (after the enemies go).

Grease is most-definitely flammable! And yes, Nivirea is in range. =)

Good thinking!

Luna nods, then the wizard prepares to cast her first spell. "On the count of three, attack the one to the left! One, two, three! Ray of Fire!"

Heh! Luna is going to get herself in trouble with the party again - who is the leader of the Wayward Wanderers? =)

lol I didn't want to have everyone cast/target a different critter.

Actually, that's not fair of me. The way Kaerri's post is worded, it could go either way. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back