• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Sixteen

"Break" and "crystal" are not a pair of words I'd like to use in the same sentence. ^;3^ But yes, once curiosity is (at least temporarily) satisfied!

Hey, Gang. I wanted to post today but Real Life is just... not... having it. I hope to post tomorrow or at the latest, the next day. Hope you're all doing well!

Me, too. Oreleth doesn't have any plans other than to give the three mimics their treat, which is probably located in the closet they want into so badly.

Me, too. Oreleth doesn't have any plans other than to give the three mimics their treat, which is probably located in the closet they want into so badly.

Now what gave you that idea? =)

From what I can gather, either everyone's on the same page or no one has a problem with it. I'll get us moving in that direction later today then (unless someone asks me to do otherwise). =)

Last edited:
Concerning the extra Heward's Handy Haversack - you guys and gals are, of course, welcome to discuss the matter OOC too. Do what you think is best with it.

I am putting the next post together now.

I wants it. 😋 Just trying to be fair, or rather, Kaerri's trying to be fair. If she hadn't just joined yesterday, by in-game time, I don't think she'd've made such a point of it.

I keep getting wonderfully distracted by Robotech: Broadsword tonight, but when it's on fire, it's on fire! Strike while the iron is hot, I say! =)

Kaerri is happy to train Oscar's young Rogues as well as Otiorin if he so wishes.

For interested parties... =)

Mamapaw has gained the use of 6th level Spells (1 Spell per day).
- Mamapaw rolled a 7 on the Mielikkian-green d8 for a total of 10 Hit Points (her total is now 93)!
- Her Base Attack improves to +10/+5. =)
- Her Skills, except for a single point in Nature, went entirely into Perception as I had not given her even a single rank since deciding it was now a Skill in our game. =)
- As someone in the Wayward Wanderers recommended she purchase the expensive, but potentially-life-saving Ring of Evasion, Mamapaw chose Lightning Reflexes as her 13th level Character Feat. =)

Powerpaw rolled a 9 on the same color d10 his mom rolled on for an additional 14 Hit Points (his total is now a staggering 152)!
- Powerpaw's Base Attack improves to +13/+8/+3.
-His Skills, like his mom's went straight into Perception and for the same reasons.
-His Fighter-given Special Ability Armor Training improves to +3 which means he moves easier and takes less Armor Check penalties.
-Due to the Feat changes I implemented months ago, his Vital Strike Feat was freed up (since he purchased both the base and improved versions). So with that freed up Character Feat, he selected
Disruptive (Increases the DC to cast spells adjacent to you).
- If that's not fun-enough for you, for his 13th Level Feat, he selected its big sister, Spellbreaker (Enemies provoke attacks if their check to Cast Defensively fails). I'm thinking Kaerri's Hobbit, Kitrin, had an effect on the Fuzzy Goof, how about you?

-Bria has regained the use of 6th level Spells (remember, like Bren, Bria was Level-nerfed so they could be played in our Wayward Wanderers campaign). =)
-Given the good fortune Bastet's peeps enjoyed, Bria elected to roll the Mielikkian-green d6. It came up with a 4 for a total of 6 more Hit Points (which brings her to 80!).
-Unlike the Kitty-Faces, I remembered to give Bria Ranks in Perception! So she has spread her 7 Skill Points around in the following places:
Linguistics: 1 in Linguistics: Aquan ("Thank you, Kaerri! In Aquan, of course!" - Bria), 1 in Medicine (which she likes to keep topped out), and 5 into Perception (for a total of 10 Ranks which stacks with her Alertness Feat for that +4 bonus that Feat provides).
- 13th Level is a big level for Healers as one of her best Class Abilities, called Boundless Hands, gets the biggest jump it can get. Here's the description:
"At 13th level, any spell that restores hit points or that provides any kind of bonus to an ability score, attack roll, damage roll, armor class, saving throw or skill check and affects multiple creatures has its maximum ranges doubled. Treat this ability as if using the Widen Spell metamagic feat, including and not limited to the maximum distance between targets, except that you don't use a higher level spell slot and there is no increase in casting time. This ability only applies only to spells that she casts from her healer’s spell slots, not from those she may have by virtue of levels in another class." This means Bria's Healer buffs have twice the reach they had before. It also means that her Mass Cure spells potentially Cure twice as many friendly targets in a single casting! That's big news when you're a Healer. =)
- Her choice of 13th-Level Character Feat is Quicken Spell. This handy meta-magic Feat allows a Caster to cast some Spells very quickly at the cost of using up a Spell Slot 4 Levels higher. One can cast two Spells in a single Action when this Feat is used.

Awesome sauce. Can we get a refresher on the skill points that we all get for level 13? And a good hit point roll won't hurt, either!

Skill Points details are ready for your perusal in Shop Talk under "House Rule: Skills - We are using the Pathfinder 2.0's Skill system instead of 1.0 while still using Pathfinder 1.0's Rank-purchase system."

Luna receives 11 Skill Points (+4 Class, +6 INT score, +1 Human Bonus).

Rolling the Orange d6 I roll... a 1! But we reroll 1s so... I roll again and get... a 2 for a total of 4 Hit Points for Luna for a total of 74 Hit Points. Sparkle, of course, receives half of that for 37 Hit Points. =)

Remember! If your Character wants tips from a master in their field, this is the time to ask! You can talk strategy, Skill use, Spells, Class Abilities, whatever you like. But it's not every day you get to hang out one on one with someone who has been down your road and is still around to walk it. So if you want Class advice, post it in-game and we'll work it there. =)

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

A reminder - please post here how you've changed your Character. Skills, Spells, Feat, etc. Not only is it good to share, enquiring Dungeon Masters want need to know! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Do you want me to level Oti in Rogue for you or are there specific changes you'd like made?

For Luna, I'm taking Craft Rod as her level 13 Feat. I plan on making a Metamagic Rod or two and use them to boost my spell output.

For skills:
Arcana +1
Crafting +1
Lore - Monster +1
Lore - Planes +1
Lore - History +1
Nature +2
Perception +2
Stealth +1
Society +1

And the spells I picked for this level:
Prismatic Spray
Delayed Blast Fireball
Mage Sword

Can I please get a Hit Point roll for Oreleth, my good Storyteller Dannigan? And with my Int bonus of +2, I am looking at getting 6 skill points if I am not mistaken, since the Arcane Archer prestige class gives 4 + my Int bonus.

Psychie, re: Skills. Correct!

I rolled a 7 on the white d10 for a total of 8 more Hit Points. =)

Sherwood, nice spell selection! I've never had someone with Mage Sword in the game before; I'm looking forward to it! =) Those rods Luna craft will be cool too. =)

For my Feat for level 13, I'm picking up Arcane Armor Training to drop my chance of spell failure by 10%.

At 5th level of Arcane Archer, I get to add the Distance quality to all non-magical arrows fired

Skill points are going to Stealth, Perception, Craft (Bowyer/Fletcher), Arcana, and Lore: Monster.

Hit points are up to 91 now. Sweet.

Spells I'm picking up are Haste, Fireball, and Hold Person.

I am still debating on training out my Deadly Aim Feat. Part of me wants to replace it with Toughness for the +1 Hit Point per level, another part of me is willing to keep the Deadly Aim to be able to be tapped into when things get oogy.

Nice selections! With that Distance quality, a lot of the range penalties for shooting go out the window, plus the ability to hit things that other archers simply can't is a possibility.

Strong spell selection for a party about to go into a module. =)

If you want to swap the Feat, the time is now (before we next enter combat). You're allowed one Feat to swap every time you train (per Shop Talk). Getting Toughness would take her over 100 Hit Points. Of course, the choice is yours. Arcane Armor Training is always a bonus when you find that really nice armor but you look at that percentage staring back at you like it's saying, "Fight me!" =)

Dannigan Dannigan What is the Distance quality for my arrows? Besides the obvious, I mean. Does it work on every arrow I fire, or is it just one arrow in Oreleth's arrow volley with this effect?

It's a Weapon Quality often added to Magical Items. Oreleth may use the Distance Quality only with non-magical arrows. She enhances the arrow in question with the Distance Quality and while the arrow itself doesn't gain any bonuses "to hit" or damage, it does fly twice as far. This is what she might use when firing outside her longbow's normal range of 100 feet. This is why she can attempt shots that would befuddle lesser-skilled archers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back