• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Sixteen

Yes. It is just enough coin to provide you some nice goods if one is wise or a stepping stone to greater items if saved.

Understand, that Highwind is a bustling city and the stock of both Ben & Misha's and the other shops around town (like the Second Skin) will, like real stores, have changes to their inventory as items are sold and made for sale. The more popular items go fast; the less popular stay for awhile (like the grisly but effective Hand of the Mage). =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Just a friendly thought, Gang - some items in the past few months have been gained and granted to your Characters. If you have not written them down on your Character Sheets, chances are you do not own them. Please double-check your gear to make certain it's accurate.

Your friendly neighborhood Dungeon Master,
Dann =)

P.S. The sole exception here is Cap'n whose Character Sheet I am maintaining (watch out world!). =)

Last edited:
I'll post tonight. Didn't want to continue a back-and-forth without giving the others a chance, but I don't want to hold things back either!

Attempted to post on my phone and accidentally hit "Post" much too soon. It's been finished now. ^;3^

Shower moment thoughts: In most fantasy settings there are High Elves. The High Elves live in aesthetically beautiful surroundings, dress in the finest silks, wield magical relic weapons of great power and are known as the pinnacle of cultural advancement with a penchant for romantic and complex arts.

but who’s ever heard of Low Elves? They live in shabby wagons and are constantly being moved on by angry farmers when they set up camps in their fields. They dress in old, patched, mud and blood stained garments, their weapons tend tobe crude and effective, like the nailbat. They are known to be inveterate thieves and their ‘music’ is a smattering of drunken shouting, swear words and constant references to any kind of sexual activity.

Captain Hesperus

I think you would have liked the old Dragon Magazine article on Valley Elves. Think Californian hippie elves! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Okay, so... got some questions for all of you.

1. Do the Wayward Wanderers want a staff on the Wayward Wagon or would you rather the party do it's own cooking, cleaning, maintenance, etc.?

2. If you answered yes to 1, do you want Stewart (and his wife, Beatrice)?

3. Do you want Bonny and Whittle Meadowsweet?

4. Do you want both or neither or someone altogether new?

1. I think I'd more enjoy having staff to do that kind of thing. While it would be fun to do all the work ourselves for a bit, it'd start being a hassle when our characters need to be doing some proper adventuring but the pool deck is in need of mopping, we're running low on groceries, and everyone's so tired from the last adventure that no one really wants to cook. ;)

2-4. Stewart and Beatrice are my choice, if they're amenable. As I recall, the Meadowsweets have several children, which again could be fun but also worrisome, especially if we're off in the wilds somewhere. Meanwhile, aren't Stewart and Beatrice already displaced from their home due to the war? So they're not only nice hobbits (at least, Stewart is, and I'm sure Beatrice is too), but nice hobbits in need of a new home and employment (and while I'm sure Highwind can help with that, we can too).

1. I think I'd more enjoy having staff to do that kind of thing. While it would be fun to do all the work ourselves for a bit, it'd start being a hassle when our characters need to be doing some proper adventuring but the pool deck is in need of mopping, we're running low on groceries, and everyone's so tired from the last adventure that no one really wants to cook. ;)

2-4. Stewart and Beatrice are my choice, if they're amenable. As I recall, the Meadowsweets have several children, which again could be fun but also worrisome, especially if we're off in the wilds somewhere. Meanwhile, aren't Stewart and Beatrice already displaced from their home due to the war? So they're not only nice hobbits (at least, Stewart is, and I'm sure Beatrice is too), but nice hobbits in need of a new home and employment (and while I'm sure Highwind can help with that, we can too).
I think you’re forgetting that Stewart was human. The Meadowsweets were hobbits.

Captain Hesperus

/facepalm

Yes, I did indeed. Pretend I said "nice humans" instead. >.>

I think you’re forgetting that Stewart was human. The Meadowsweets were hobbits.

Captain Hesperus

I take some blame for this - we were chatting on various topics while she was typing that. =) Distraction city!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

And what do you mean by "was"? You mean... Stewart's not anymore? Do you know something I don't? =)

Does that mean... he really is a hobbit?

Hah! =)

I take some blame for this - we were chatting on various topics while she was typing that. =) Distraction city!
No, you don't, I just completely misremembered.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

And what do you mean by "was"? You mean... Stewart's not anymore? Do you know something I don't? =)

Does that mean... he really is a hobbit?

Hah! =)
Yes! Yes, of course he is, he was retroactively shape-changed so that I wouldn't be wrong.

I like the idea of having Stewart and the Meadowsweets back with us. Its not like we can't afford to pay them.

Having a small servant staff doesn't sound out of line to me. I just don't see any of our characters doing a good job cooking and cleaning the Wagon.

Sherwood Sherwood Hey bud!

Justice is best served cold. Because if it were served warm, it would be justwater.

8D

I'd like staff, but I don't think it's fair to go scooping up our old staff. The Meadowsweets just wanted to get back to their family after being 'fed' to Powerpaw and Stewart had the intent of retiring and settling down with the love of his life. Both of those reasons resonate with me, so I'd prefer to get 'fresh' staff who'd be happy to be away from any loved ones they have for a period of time.

Captain Hesperus

And if one was not so content with their life outside of the Wayward Wagon?

And if one was not so content with their life outside of the Wayward Wagon?
Then that’s kinda sad. And they need therapy if their life is literally empty after being essentially an accessory in a magical portable mansion, when they have an entire world of wonder and experience that they can explore without being inventory items to a bunch of itinerant tomb robbers and assassins ‘for the greater good’.

Captain Hesperus

It's different when that world they are to explore has been... seemingly permanently altered by an evil you know all too well - and those tomb raiders are some of the best people you know. =)

More later today. =)

I mean, we do *try* to be the good guys. :P And I for one never think of NPCs as inventory, much less items. Particularly in Dann's games!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back