• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Sixteen

Sherwood Sherwood I edited my post to include one more remark from Kaerri to Luna, just in case. ^33^

Well, the good die rolls just had to come to an end RIGHT NOW. lol

Sherwood Sherwood

A brief message from guest-Dungeon Master Gigas the Mad Giant.

"SHERRRRWOOOOD!

"Your Wayward Wagon is about to EAT THE SIDE OF A BUILDING! TELL ME!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Hee hee! =)

Um, hoping that I have time before we hit to make another piloting skill roll?

Gigas DM sez, "YES! GOOD! DO YOU WANT TO USE AN ACTION POINT?! OR... DO YOU WANT GREATER CHANCE OF BUILDING-BEATINGS?!"

I forgot all about the Action Points. Yes, I'll use one.

DM Dann here. Cool deal! Just mark it off your sheet and I'll see it done.

(Couldn't help but laugh at the idea of Gigas being "guest Dungeon Master!" Hah!) =)

Hi sorry, I've not posted in a while. I've been settling into a new, less-stressful job at the hospital and that's taken the majority of my (admittedly limited) attention. But I'm back now and none too soon by the looks of things!

Captain Hesperus

It's good to have you back, Captain!

I feel I ought to say, though, that Kaerri isn't going to have anything like the panic Otiorin seems to think is showing on her face. She's worried, sure, but they aren't that high up, nor does the situation seem unrecoverable, so it's pretty unlikely she looks terror-stricken (even aside from the fact that she isn't really the panicky type).

As for the other colorful elements. Luna also having the barely-controlled fear expression? Up to Sherwood. Sparkle wants everyone to know that her fear is not barely-controlled at all but running around in circles in a near-panic! Ha ha!

Bria forgetting about Oti and leaving him behind at the magic shoppe? Not bloody likely (but hey, it's a role-playing game. No worries! Besides, it made for a good lead-in for Oti. =) ).

Oh, and I love the line, "Oh, botheration." Sounds like a hobbit, doesn't it? =)

Otiorin's feet were moving before he had a thought in his head. His hands tossed the wineskin and fruit pouch into his bag of holding even as he glanced about for something, anything, that might give him the means to get up and onto the wagon before disaster struck.

Oti is going to need some form of flight in order to reach the Wayward Wagon, especially before it might make contact with the stone-walled building. And speaking of that building...

Possibly crashing into an apothecary? Oooh! Sure! That makes for a much more dramatic explosion than I had in mind! 8D

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

I am making a change to the Boots of Striding and Springing. Instead of their adding +5 to Acrobatics checks (which do not include Jump-related checks), the boots instead add +5 to Athletics (which does). Please adjust your Character sheets (Cap'n, I've adjusted yours).

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Cap'n, the only way I can see Oti succeeding in getting up to the flying Wayward Wagon is one hell of an Athetlics check that only a Character with 5 Ranks or higher may attempt (Oti has those 5 Ranks) with the added magic of his enchanted Boots of Striding and Springing. By quickly scampering up the side of one house and up, he can take a running jump and reach the wagon if he's quick, sure-footed, and a bit lucky.

Even with these elements, he's got at the moment maybe a 50% chance of finding purchase or falling to the stony streets. You are, of course, welcome to come up with another solution with what little time the wagon has before it either meets success by dodging or meets the apothecary... Oof! =)

Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

I am making a change to the Boots of Striding and Springing. Instead of their adding +5 to Acrobatics checks (which do not include Jump-related checks), the boots instead add +5 to Athletics (which does). Please adjust your Character sheets (Cap'n, I've adjusted yours).

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

Cap'n, the only way I can see Oti succeeding in getting up to the flying Wayward Wagon is one hell of an Athetlics check that only a Character with 5 Ranks or higher may attempt (Oti has those 5 Ranks) with the added magic of his enchanted Boots of Striding and Springing. By quickly scampering up the side of one house and up, he can take a running jump and reach the wagon if he's quick, sure-footed, and a bit lucky.

Even with these elements, he's got at the moment maybe a 50% chance of finding purchase or falling to the stony streets. You are, of course, welcome to come up with another solution with what little time the wagon has before it either meets success by dodging or meets the apothecary... Oof! =)
Or, of course, I could always Fly.

Captain Hesperus

Now how did you come up with that idea? You must be playing Sharseya's only dragon-blooded Character or something. =)

I await your post, Cap'n! Hooray! =)

Cap'n and I have been chatting a little via Conversation. He is going to post as Oti and then I'll post after him. =)

So... in the meantime... whatever is going on in your lives... at least you're not chasing thieving foxies (courtesy of SaveAFox)! 8D

"Dixiedo fox runs away with my phone. Tries to bury it."

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus =)

Kaerri (attempting to Aid Another) rolled a 13 on the die for a total of 18 - Success! This adds +2 to Luna's attempt to Command Animal via Nature.
Cap'n (also attempting to Aid Another) rolled a 4 on the blue d20 for a total of 6 - Failure.
Sherwood rolled a 15 on the orange d20 and 2 1s on the 2d6 (choose the highest) for the Action Point for a total of 25 (15 + 7 + 2 + 1).

Success! =)

I'm busy for the fourth, but I will have an IC post up on Monday.

You *should* be busy on the 4th! It's America's birfday fer cryin' out loooud!

Hope you and yours enjoy yourselves! =)

[heavy breathing]
dice-768x206.png

Seriously considering the white set.

Captain Hesperus

The Dragon Eye dice people sent me an update email today that made me quiver with anticipation:
“ I mention the ‘first in the Dragon Eye Dice collection’ in your original email; that is because this campaign is the first of two.

Our first collection is the five largest Chromatic Dragons, being the Black, White, Red, Green and Blue.

It is our hope that we can launch the Metallic Dragon collection later in the year or early next year, bringing the Dragon Eye Dice collection up to 10.”

[excited dancing]

Captain Hesperus

Hope to have something posted later today, Gang!

Come with us and be free of the curse of Bilal the Bellyfiller!"

I'm still getting over this title - it is so very well earned! 8D

The Dragon Eye dice people sent me an update email today that made me quiver with anticipation:
“ I mention the ‘first in the Dragon Eye Dice collection’ in your original email; that is because this campaign is the first of two.

Our first collection is the five largest Chromatic Dragons, being the Black, White, Red, Green and Blue.

It is our hope that we can launch the Metallic Dragon collection later in the year or early next year, bringing the Dragon Eye Dice collection up to 10.”

[excited dancing]

Captain Hesperus

I... might talk myself into something from the Metallic Dragon line. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back