• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! Hope your hand gets better soon and the week less busy.

*echoes Kaerri* Same here, Cap'n! And here you are typing on an injured hand. That can't be fun, but I hope the RP is! Heal well!

Kaerri grinned up at her fellow half-elf rogue. "We're having some trust issues, and need to prove we've got someone of goody-goody dragon blood on our side. Help?"
Is anyone else amused at Kaerri's uncanny ability to sum things up into one neat and tidy package? Just another one of Kaerri's talents! =)

Got to give those salient points upfront, before the Dumbstumps return. ^;3^

"I. Don't. Know. If. I. Can. Get. Back. On. Before. Kaerri. Is. Forced. To. Cook. For. Everyone." She even mock-staggers once as she watches Kaerri and Alisa.
I need a 🤣 reaction for posts like this!

jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri

Catch up in-game then read this?

"Don't fly straight towards te last known position of the ogres or the ogre magi; they may have ranged weapons capable of damaging the Wagon. Once we are clear of the area, we can find these Highwind Rangers that our Lady Paladin is looking for, and get these brave kobolds back home where we can find out what needs to be done to help them."
From prior experience, both Alisa and Kaerri can separately sum up that the Highwind Rangers really don't want to be found. Their actions (running the Dumbstumps around, sounding the horns, etc.) are largely those meant to throw the Dumbstumps off of your trail and give you time to do what you're doing. The Highwind Rangers are known for throwing larger forces into disarray to the benefit of friendly forces like your own.

Especially now that they've likely scattered, trying to find the Highwind Rangers in the Evergreen right now might be difficult too especially since evening has fallen, but of course, you're welcome to try.

Then again, I'm not certain of Alisa's plans myself. What is it she'd like to do, Jaydude?

Edited my last post to add a response to Oreleth and question to Alisa.

Giving Jaydude a chance to post before continuing. =)

Heya Gang! If any of you have ever wondered what Palladium Fantasy RPG 2nd Edition is about and you've wanted a huge bundle of books on PDF form, now is the time. Their 1st Edition bundle is also on sale. I just purchased over $170 (USD) of Palladium goodies for just over $30 (USD) and their sale benefits missing and exploited kids. Here's the link if you want to take advantage of it! =)

I can relate with that. It's one of the reasons I love RP Nation so much - it often helps pull my brain back into places I want it to be. =)

Now that I'm able to rejoin this game after my somewhat busy weekend, I'm going to retroactively have it so that Alisa boarded the wagon shortly after most of the kobolds did, and before Otorin, Izzy and Nitwit, since I feel that, logically, that's what she would have done. For the sake of not causing OOC friction, I'm just going to assume that Mammapaw and Otorin didn't say anything to her before she got onboard, seeing as such words would be redundant and meaningless.

Also, I've kinda lost track of who has and hasn't introduced themselves to Alisa. So I'm just going to refer to all the other characters by their given names.
I am just fine with this. And given how quickly most everyone rushed aboard, there might not have been time, so your solution smooths things out nicely. =)

Heya Gang! I hope to post sometime now and Tuesday if only to keep the story going. =)

If anyone needs me to hold off, let me know! =)

As much as Alisa might want to either talk with Bria or look into the bag with the Sylvan runes, she's currently waiting on a response from either Kaerri or Oreleth regarding her suggestion that the Wayward Wanderers talk with the Highwind Rangers.

Also, assuming it's an option and no-one else wants it, odds are that Alisa's going to dump the bag of worms back into the forest. Worms are at least part of the ecosystem, after all.

Also, don't the Highwind Rangers have a base or something? If so, I think it would make a lot more sense for the Wayward Wanderers/Alisa to go there once they have time, rather than try to follow the group of rangers in the forest.

The Highwind's base of operations is the city of Highwind!

Luna says, "Well, we came out here to help the kobolds, so shouldn't we continue on with that goal? Then we can see to the Rangers, and while we are all at it, we can get to know Lady Alisa and see just what she wants to do."
Kaerri Kaerri jaydude jaydude

Kaerri and Alisa both know even by reputation alone that the Highwind Rangers are very difficult to find in the field. Like the Druidic sect that went underground not long after the war began, these people more often find you than the other way around.

Put another way, Kaerri and Alisa would know their ways well-enough to know that they sounded their horns very likely just to distract the ogre horde to give you guys and gals enough time to get away safely. Then like shadows, the rangers dissolved into the woods. If they had business with you or wanted to pass along some message, they likely would have done so while this was going on (even if it were attached to an arrow and shot into the side of your wagon).

On the other hand, if it's them that you want to talk to (for whatever reasons), you have a Druidess in your party flying the Wayward Wagon at this very moment; Mamapaw might be able to help here. In this regard alone, time is of the essence for the Highwind Rangers, at least from Alisa and Kaerri's perspective, are on their way out of this area if only to dodge the huge horde of ogres and ogre-magi whom they know they can't face in open combat. So this isn't an option you'll likely have soon.

But as I like to say, Sharseya is our sandbox! You are all free to do what you will (preferably together)! Go where you please! You have your Dungeon Master's blessing! =)

I mean, Kaerri was just going to toss the bag of worms out of the wagon from up here, unless someone else spoke up. 😂 Which Bria did ("could we please deposit the little squirmies in that bag into the forest next time we land?"), so I guess it can stay in the corner of the pool room (well sealed!) until we land.

Kaerri Kaerri

Wait, wait! You mean you don't want them to get loose and wreak havoc all over the Wayward Wagon and all the rooms inside?!
Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

See, it's not just about squirmy wormies running amok in the wagon.

Can you imagine the mimics chasing after them everywhere, barking madly, never able to catch them all so we can't get any sleep, causing a ruckus all hours of the day and night?

Yep, me too. Let's avoid that. 😂

Heya Gang! I hope to put in a (short?) post tomorrow. I posted in Psychie's game tonight and it was a good post so I can probably do it. I just think I need some sleep between now and then. Stay safe!

I posted just now, but too early, so I deleted it, edited, and undeleted. I don't know what that did to people's alerts so I'm letting you all know here that my post is up. ^;3^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back