• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaydude jaydude
On second thought, Alisa has probably very well heard of Kaerri Rainshadow - a true hero of Highwind and the only Rogue Alisa has heard of that serves the crown so effectively as to have been knighted (provable by way of a Knight of Highwind medallion she should have on her person). She was the leader of The Last Resort, a fellowship that directly assisted King Thayne and Queen Dayna Wildegard during their personal times of trouble (including having saved the queen herself from being kidnapped by terrible forces and something about having directly assisted Mielikki with her life-threatening wound caused by Erythnul, the God of Slaughter and Loviatar, the Maiden of Pain), but these could all be just tavern rumors. Rumor also has it that Rainshadow is not a human from Highwind but a half-elf outcast by way of Summerset and finding one of that near-extinct people is a very rare thing all by itself.

jaydude jaydude
On second thought, Alisa has probably very well heard of Kaerri Rainshadow - a true hero of Highwind and the only Rogue Alisa has heard of that serves the crown so effectively as to have been knighted (provable by way of a Knight of Highwind medallion she should have on her person). She was the leader of The Last Resort, a fellowship that directly assisted King Thayne and Queen Dayna Wildegard during their personal times of trouble (including having saved the queen herself from being kidnapped by terrible forces and something about having directly assisted Mielikki with her life-threatening wound caused by Erythnul, the God of Slaughter and Loviatar, the Maiden of Pain), but these could all be just tavern rumors. Rumor also has it that Rainshadow is not a human from Highwind but a half-elf outcast by way of Summerset and finding one of that near-extinct people is a very rare thing all by itself.
Thanks. Assuming I still remember this when the time comes, I'll mention this in my next post.

Rumor also has it that Rainshadow is not a human from Highwind but a half-elf outcast by way of Summerset and finding one of that near-extinct people is a very rare thing all by itself.
And we have two of them ^D^

Heya Gang! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or plain just have a great day, everybody (or hey, all three if you're in the mood)! =)

jaydude jaydude and Gang, especially J-dood. =) Catch up in-game then see this, please.

Lady Alisa, I'm a knight of Highwind, and I've got my medal on me if that'll help."
Lady Paladin Alisa knows without a doubt that the Highwind Medal of Knighthood is a treasured item. For one thing, it is an unmistakable gift of honor bestowed only by the Council of Four Winds, who are the leading names and faces just below the King Thayne and Queen Dayna Wildegard.

For another, it is worth at least ten thousand pieces of gold, a life-changing fortune to any commoner.

It has happened before. Some wannabe adventurer steps up in public with a silver medal around his neck and begins demanding courtesies claiming he is a Knight of Highwind. Anyone long in the adventuring business including people like Lady Alisa, know as a matter of course, these medals are made of purest platinum, not mere silver. Anyone skiled in appraising jewelry will tell them apart in an instant.

Funny, isn't it, that when questioned, how the imposters become so very hesitant to visit a jeweler to prove their claim? Hmmm.

Given Lady Alisa's Highwindian background, she is aware of another lesser-known fact - these medals bestow upon a bonus Feat of choice. Furthermore, at 13th level, Lady Alisa needs not said jewelry skills; she has been adventuring in Highwnd long enough to know such a fakery the moment she lays eyes on it.

Perhaps it is time to find out if this Rogue addressing her is a liar or something purer?

=)

Heya Gang! Happy New Year to you and yours and I wish the best for all of you in 2022!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Anyone who read my IC post in the last minute or two, I've added a sentence ^;3^

Kaerri Kaerri As is the case with every character I create, the character is just being the character. Wave is just being Wave. =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag.

Heya Gang! I am under the weather right now; I picked up a headache and fever last night and I've been resting, hydrating, nourishing, vitamin-taking, medicine-taking, and doing everything a hyperactive boy who is trying to walk the way of the wise can do. However, this is cutting into my ability to write. How annoying, right?

I will post when able. Please stay safe and healthy, everybody!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Heya Gang! I am under the weather right now; I picked up a headache and fever last night and I've been resting, hydrating, nourishing, vitamin-taking, medicine-taking, and doing everything a hyperactive boy who is trying to walk the way of the wise can do. However, this is cutting into my ability to write. How annoying, right?

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Get well soon, bub.

The spirit is willing. The rest? Well, that'll just take more time and care. Thanks, Jaydude! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)
Take your time and come back to us when you’re feeling better!

Captain Hesperus

All righty, as of 30 minutes ago, it is confirmed - Your Friendly Neighborhood Dannigan has tested positive for COVID-19 (most likely the Omicron variant)! Wheee!

That means I'm quarantined for a minimum of 5 days and I'll have to stay home... and like... play video games and RP Nation... and... hang out with Kaerri and our cat, Blue...

...woe is me!

Seriously, though. I've still got my sense of smell and taste (and I'm using those more often than usual to keep them keen), I'm doing my breathing exercises for my lungs (though I'm not having any shortness of breath), and I'm resting whenever I need to, getting my good food and plenty of hydration along with my wonderful pals, vitamins and fish oil and other good stuff I like to take on a regular basis. Oh! And what's this I have here? My favorite coffee!

I don't like feeling so very drained and stuffed up, but you know what? Life could be a hell of a lot worse!

Hats off to dear ol' Sherwood and Psychie for keeping my mind busy in Psychie's new Army of Southern Cross game! I don't have time to feel down when I've got good buddies and roleplaying to do! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Dang. Just as long as you can make it through the next five days, I'm happy.

Get feeling better soon, my friend. Hopefully you won't need any time in the hospital, and simply resting at home will be enough to get you over this.

Oh, I hope the heck not. This is one of those times I'm really glad I was as sick as I was as a kid because I typically have a higher immune system than most folks seem to. Plus, I've been sick enough that I've gotten rest and recuperation kind of down to a fine art. I'm active as long as my mind and body are cool with it and when they say, "Hey! Crash time!" I crash gently and fully! =) I've been listening to my body for a long, long time so why stop now?

My only real issue is complex thoughts tend to wear my brain out when I'm in this state. This is no problem when I'm playing as a PC in someone else's game but it's... challenging when DMing/GMing in my own somehow.

Like now. Good night! *cuddles into bed and takes a nap*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back