• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Seventeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reposting this here to make sure it is seen:

At this moment, I am not using my Deadly Aim Feat, and instead I'm keeping the to-hit bonus up to try and make sure to tag the sucker as many times as possible. Rapid Shot and Many Shot are in use, though. We'll see if I can't remove the one monster from the fight.

Attacks per Round:
1st - Manyshot (firing two arrows). "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 2d8+12 (+6 Base damage).
2nd - Improved Vital Strike. "To Hit:" +13 (+15 Second Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 3d8+6 (Improved Vital Strike, +6 Base damage).
3rd - Normal Attack. "To Hit:" +8 (+10 Third Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6
4th - Rapid Shot Bonus Attack. "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6

And lets not forget the +1d6 to each arrow from my Arcane Archer Flaming/Cold/Electrical effect added to the arrows. I'll go with Cold this time.

Last edited:
1. All 1s and 2s count as "3" on damage dice only takes effect when Luna, a Pyromancer since the start of the game over half a decade ago, uses fire magic. Chain Lightning is not fire magic unless altered and no such declaration was made. See Luna's Signature Abilities for details. =)
Hmm. I thought I had declared that I was using the Signature Ability to do so, but I must have missed that. I'll make sure to keep an eye on that for future casting.

If there is enough time for Luna to cast again, I will pick a spiffy spell to lob their way. I didn't want to post that I was casting if we are going to initiative order now that Luna's initial shot went off.

Hmm. I thought I had declared that I was using the Signature Ability to do so, but I must have missed that. I'll make sure to keep an eye on that for future casting.
Sure!

If you did declare that, I completely missed it (and I went looking).

I am going to repeat myself not because I think you guys need to hear it twice but because I'm hyperactive and I need to express it again, if you get my meaning? =)

When declaring some action or making a post where you require my attention, please either tag my name inside of an in-game spoiler or better yet, post your in-game declaration here in the Adventurers' Table. =)

Then I have less of a chance of missing it! Heh!

Psychie Psychie I hope that Oreleth's are "straight and true" as the ogre magi are some 200 feet away, and Oreleth is not on some practice range but instead on a magic wagon flying through the sky through high winds. But if anyone can make such shots, an Arcane Archer can!

Do you want to use any Feats or Spells when firing on the nearest Ogre Magi that she can spot?

jaydude jaydude It will be a sorry day indeed if a warrior like yours cannot best a wounded ogre, no matter how angry and cruel-minded it is.

Is Alisa meeting the ogre as he comes on or is she waiting for him to approach her and her kobold ally?

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri In case there is any confusion, Alisa's wounded ogre is the ogre that your rogues can reach with their crossbows. If you're going to fire at it, the time is now. The other ogres are definitely out of your crossbows' range.

Is Alisa meeting the ogre as he comes on or is she waiting for him to approach her and her kobold ally?

The latter. Let him burn up energy ;).

Though being serious, I don't think it'll make much difference here.

Psychie Psychie I hope that Oreleth's are "straight and true" as the ogre magi are some 200 feet away, and Oreleth is not on some practice range but instead on a magic wagon flying through the sky through high winds. But if anyone can make such shots, an Arcane Archer can!

Do you want to use any Feats or Spells when firing on the nearest Ogre Magi that she can spot?
As a part of my Arcane Archer stuff, I have the Distance quality to all my arrows, so the range shouldn't be an issue. I am using the Many Shot, Vital Strike and Rapid Shot Feats, but not the Deadly Aim one; I want to keep the bonus to hit instead of the damage boost at the moment. Also I was under the impression that if I use a spell in conjunction with my arrows, I can only use one, so I'll hold on the spellcasting for the moment.

Re: Spell. This is true. Thanks for the details!

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Kaerri Kaerri In case there is any confusion, Alisa's wounded ogre is the ogre that your rogues can reach with their crossbows. If you're going to fire at it, the time is now. The other ogres are definitely out of your crossbows' range.
Kaerri's attack bonus with Stinger is +22 (I don't think she gets a second shot because her crossbow takes a move action to reload?), before range penalties if any (Stinger's range is 80 feet). Using a masterwork bolt, which adds nothing to either attack or damage. Damage is 1d8+6 piercing.

If there is enough time for Luna to cast again, I will pick a spiffy spell to lob their way. I didn't want to post that I was casting if we are going to initiative order now that Luna's initial shot went off.
Not quite yet. I'd like to give all of the Players ( Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus ) time to post one action of some kind each; this includes your NPC buddies who haven't acted yet. =)

Kaerri's attack bonus with Stinger is +22 (I don't think she gets a second shot because her crossbow takes a move action to reload?), before range penalties if any (Stinger's range is 80 feet). Using a masterwork bolt, which adds nothing to either attack or damage. Damage is 1d8+6 piercing.
Yes, it takes a Move Action to reload (without the Rapid Reload Feat). =)

Just reposting this here to make sure it is seen:

At this moment, I am not using my Deadly Aim Feat, and instead I'm keeping the to-hit bonus up to try and make sure to tag the sucker as many times as possible. Rapid Shot and Many Shot are in use, though. We'll see if I can't remove the one monster from the fight.

Attacks per Round:
1st - Manyshot (firing two arrows). "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 2d8+12 (+6 Base damage).
2nd - Improved Vital Strike. "To Hit:" +13 (+15 Second Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 3d8+6 (Improved Vital Strike, +6 Base damage).
3rd - Normal Attack. "To Hit:" +8 (+10 Third Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6
4th - Rapid Shot Bonus Attack. "To Hit:" +18 (+20 First Attack, -2 Rapid Shot). Damage: 1d8+6

And lets not forget the +1d6 to each arrow from my Arcane Archer Flaming/Cold/Electrical effect added to the arrows. I'll go with Cold this time.
Psychie Psychie Reposting from where? EDIT: Ah! I see you put this in a spoiler without tagging me, but you did do the far cooler thing and gave me the information and in wonderful detail which saves me from having to look it up! You left nothing out! Well done, oh Psychiedelic One! 8D

Psychie Psychie Reposting from where? EDIT: Ah! I see you put this in a spoiler without tagging me, but you did do the far cooler thing and gave me the information and in wonderful detail which saves me from having to look it up! You left nothing out! Well done, oh Psychiedelic One! 8D
Just trying to be helpful!
:angelD:

Purr Purr , is there anything distinctive about the horns going off that Luna might be able to identify with her skills of Lore: Geography (Averlund) at 13 ranks, or Lore: History (Averlund) with 14 ranks?

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood

Perhaps! And that is an excellent question on your part, bud!

I will share with you what I learn when I next have my wonderful dice in front of me. =)

So, what happened to the flying Ogres? Also, I hope my Fly spell went off, otherwise Oti is about to become Half-elf pizza.

Captain Hesperus

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag.

Oti did indeed get his Fly Spell off.

The flying ogres stayed with their remaining brethren as commanded by the ogre magi. When they heard the horns, they began to disappear into the woods as best ogres can with the others. You're not quite certain where they are now except they are not close, at least not for the moment.

I apologize for for my lack of attention to details. Normally I include these things but with the holiday season in full swing, Real Life has been... taxing.

There was a scene I meant to include except the in-game situation changed and I had to focus on retracting that fun but possibly invasive scene. That's the part where I think I forgot to include these details.

I think I've entered the realm of rambling. I'll be better when Real Life lets me sleep more. Please stay safe! =)

Real Life has been... taxing.
I'm all exhausted from my COVID booster, and going to be traveling to the USA in two days for the Christmas holidays, a journey I'm not exactly looking forward to. So I think I have some idea of how you feel.

Hope you're feeling better soon! Safe travels. <3

jaydude jaydude Make the best of it and thank you so much for getting a booster shot! Good on you!

Remind me again; is Alisa likely to have heard of the Wayward Wanderers at this point in the story?

jaydude jaydude I highly doubt it. From the background you have provided for Alisa, the chances of her hearing about this party - who is for the most part relatively new to Highwind - are remote. There have certainly been no reports of ogre-sized cat-people (just a normal-sized cat-person with incredible charisma and devotion, but that as they say is another story).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back